DX-Robert's Content

There have been 575 items by DX-Robert (Search limited from 26-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#75136 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by DX-Robert on 04 March 2006 - 12:20 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Description: Single Shot Rifles
Caliber: Nerf Micros, Micro Stefans
Operation: Muzzle Loaded
Propulsion: Compressed Air
Max ROF: Slow as Hell
Max Range: 150 ft + angled
Effective Range: up to 90 ft level
Accurate Range: up to 70 ft level [Varies by user]
Intended Use: Long range defense, ambushes, stalling tactics, etc.

Yeah, pretty simple, nothing special. I am starting to build a 4 shot version of said guns, but using 2" instead of 3" PVC with 2 air chambers, themselves also split in half.

#161901 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by DX-Robert on 07 July 2008 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

I don't think I've updated in years...

1x Maxshot [cpvc]
1x Maximizer [pvc but I'm likely changing the barrel type soon]
2x AT3K [both singled, plugged, cpvc]
1x Sharpshooter II [cpvc]
2x Tech Target [1 cpvc, other stock]
2x Nitefinder [both cpvc, PPK'ed, 2nd spring]
1x RF 20 [basically stock]
1x Firefly [NIB]
1x Mav
2x Homemades [pretty basic, normally water balloon launchers with a 3/4" barrel for darts]

Used to have a heavily modded LS but I sold it last Fall.

#202612 Avatars

Posted by DX-Robert on 11 January 2009 - 01:34 PM in Site Feedback

This topic was originally made to get ideas for establishing the base avatar gallery. There are something like 600 general-themed avatars by now. There probably won't be any more. You should know what you've got to do in order to earn a custom avatar anyway - contribute original material. If you're not a big-time modder or builder that can be very difficult, so you need to be creative. War-related things could theoretically count if the subject is unique and/or significant. Having your own avatar is not even that big of a deal unless you're widely recognized by it on other forums, which is a concern that doesn't apply to very many members [you can tell by their posting styles that this is the only major forum they've ever experienced]. Personally I miss my own green X, but without lots of contributions there's no reason to have it here.

Anyway, that's why this topic is no longer of any value. The base gallery is solid, the path to custom avatars is well-known, and I'd bet my maxshot that further requests have been for years no longer necessary.

#195101 Avatars

Posted by DX-Robert on 09 December 2008 - 09:28 PM in Site Feedback

I'd be careful what you wish for...just have one of those funny feelings :rolleyes:

#234206 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by DX-Robert on 03 June 2009 - 10:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a definite, can't miss Apoc. I may be coming with 1 friend.

#113134 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by DX-Robert on 26 June 2007 - 11:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Flaming and a ban in a war planning topic, and APOC at that? Disgustful.

Anyway, I have marked it on my calendar. The question is not whether I am coming, but how many friends I can convince to come along too. :rolleyes:

#116989 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by DX-Robert on 24 July 2007 - 11:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Don't take the eye protection recommendation lightly. I'm sure that most of you heard about Nibordude in the first BCNO - a crossbow shot directly to the eye. He's fine now, but he couldn't really use that eye for several days.

#118199 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by DX-Robert on 03 August 2007 - 07:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Is there any chance that someone could give my friend and I a ride back to Bergen County after the war? We have a ride to Deal, but so far no means of returning. Spending the night is not an option, we've got to be back in Ridgewood around 8pm.

#118095 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by DX-Robert on 02 August 2007 - 10:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd just like to say that the masses need not act like idiots between rounds. Just shut up and listen when someone with authority wants your attention. It's that easy, we come to Nerf more than to babble. I'd also like to remind everyone to treat this park with even more respect than your own home turf, if you're like me and haven't ever been to Deal before. Let's not have it look like the aftermath of BCNO, with bottles and shit everywhere.

#115339 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by DX-Robert on 10 July 2007 - 07:16 PM in Nerf Wars

LBI is not that far...in fact I made it to last year's Apoc because I was in Normandy Beach instead of at home in Ridgewood.

Confirm me for this year. I don't know if any friends can make it yet.

#291928 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by DX-Robert on 31 December 2010 - 01:58 PM in Nerf Wars

This site is a resource for nerfers to get and share information. Improving a gun's range is only part of that exchange. You'll find that even in the modding sections, many mods are not focused on range, but ROF or perhaps cosmetics. Besides, range is only as good as the person pulling the trigger. Just because something can shoot 150' flat doesn't mean that you'll hit people at 150'. I've found that a lot of kills take place from 50' to 75', so if you are accurate in that section, you'll rack up kills even if your primary is far from top of the line. I used a stock spring PAS shooting 80' to 90' for quite a while, and it could be taken head to head with +bows and the such despite the lower range. Speed, aggression, and good accuracy while shooting in motion more than make up for a deficit in range.

And this war, hopefully, will secure UMD...probably the Art-Soc building, an indoor venue. You don't need long range in there. There's so many stairwells and corners that ROF is what counts more. Even in the open hallways, standoffs could be broken by shifting people to pressure other entrances. Just remember that we're shooting each other with plastic toy guns and foam darts. The point is to have fun, regardless of how far your gun shoots and how many players you hit.

If this pans out, I'll definitely get drawn down to DC again, the venue is too great to pass up.

#292850 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by DX-Robert on 15 January 2011 - 12:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Can't do the 19th, but the 12th is open, barring a miracle in indoor track.

#275487 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by DX-Robert on 21 May 2010 - 05:34 PM in Nerf Wars

As of now, I am a definite. Possibly with a guest, but wouldn't bank on it yet.

#179054 Mcno & Gankfest 3

Posted by DX-Robert on 23 September 2008 - 11:17 AM in Nerf Wars

You know you're allowed to have more than one war per month. What's wrong with November or early December? This is way to early to start a poll for a war in February. Those of us in college don't know our schedule, for one.

I know it's a bit early, I just need more planning time.
EDIT- Yes, I updated with street names.

None of those dates work except the Sunday. I am assuming that I have track meets away on all of those Saturdays, but not even that schedule is finalized this early...

#186396 Mcno & Gankfest 3

Posted by DX-Robert on 29 October 2008 - 10:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Low chance would be optimistic at this point. I'm pretty sure that the BU invitational in Boston is on the 28th. Count me out on nearly every Saturday war between the last week in January until like late April :) .

#204440 Mcno & Gankfest 3

Posted by DX-Robert on 18 January 2009 - 01:39 PM in Nerf Wars

You also need someone to hit you with maxshots all day long, I believe. When I posted that the BU meet might be on the 28th, I forgot that that meet is always on Valentines' weekend. So I am actually potentially free on the 28th, there is a meet, but it's like Easterns and I'm not that good hehe.

My attendance chances here will be the usual, this is the general trend:

Maybe [awaiting transportation] and then Confirmed [if anyone is driving down from the north jersey area]. Wish I didn't have to do this every single time but that's life when you don't own a car and can't get one for a while.

#216184 March Meltdown

Posted by DX-Robert on 03 March 2009 - 08:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I'm just wondering if March Madness will stay as scheduled with the forecast of rain on the weekend. I'd personally rather nerf in the rain than miss a rescheduling, which would happen if it were postponed to the 14th. That and its status will drastically affect my travel plans this weekend. As of now, I will be leaving New London at the crack of dawn for the Jersey Shore, then rushing for Boston the moment the war ends. It would be helpful to know if the war is still on before booking rails and rides.

#216210 March Meltdown

Posted by DX-Robert on 03 March 2009 - 10:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I would definitely be out. I'll be lying on the beach at Mazatlan, Mexico that following weekend ^_^

#202412 March Meltdown

Posted by DX-Robert on 10 January 2009 - 05:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I am free on that date, so put me in as a maybe. I'll be a definite if I can secure a carpool.

EDIT: Thanks to Skitzo, I am now a definite!

#216245 March Meltdown

Posted by DX-Robert on 04 March 2009 - 01:27 AM in Nerf Wars

Lol Badger, that reminded me to pack an umbrella this time. I thought I was nice and safe under one of those big trees, but the rain started coming through after a while and I got soaked anyway. Sorry for the concerns, I just wanted to make sure that rain is not an issue, as it would supremely suck to have gotten hyped up over this war and then had it postponed, that's all.

Just shows that this thing is expected to be too good to miss!

#217448 March Meltdown

Posted by DX-Robert on 11 March 2009 - 02:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I made it to Mexico even with that crazy trip back from the war! Since Im typing on a Spanish keyboard and dont have any clue how the punctuation works on this thing or even which keys do what, Ill make my highlights list short and sweet this time.

It was an awesome war, nuff said. My maxshot did break in the first round though, but that wasn't all bad. If it had not broken I would not have used that loaner gun from Skitzo with that quick firing barrel. Never seen a maxshot do that before, will be making one when I get home.

#216241 March Meltdown

Posted by DX-Robert on 04 March 2009 - 01:07 AM in Nerf Wars

It WAS a 60% chance a couple of days ago. Then again it's supposed to be really warm [a good 50 degrees higher than it was here during practice], so I don't really care if it does rain.

#311809 DCNF 3

Posted by DX-Robert on 24 February 2012 - 11:42 PM in Nerf Wars

For those who know the general region, which route is better from CT to DC: I-95 all the way, or 78 to 83? 95 is the most direct route geographically, but it will also carry the highest probability of traffic and tolls. 78 to 83 swings out west more, but looks to take only 26 min more on paper with less tolls and little possibility of traffic since nothing's out there. On the way back home, I am definitely not taking 95 since I will be leaving during Monday morning rush. However, I don't know which route is better on a Saturday morning-afternoon-evening coming south.

#310422 DCNF 3

Posted by DX-Robert on 31 January 2012 - 12:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I would still love to make it back to the DMV area for a war, but I'd have to spend both Friday night and Sunday night with a host. It's a punishing drive from CT, before factoring in any traffic.

#310882 DCNF 3

Posted by DX-Robert on 07 February 2012 - 10:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't particularly care where it ends up being. Just really hope that Doom's available because otherwise I'd have to leave at about 2-3 AM to get there by 9. I've seen crazier things done for wars though (like NC to NY to MS), getting there is not the concern...it's getting back that sucks.

#311624 DCNF 3

Posted by DX-Robert on 22 February 2012 - 10:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I am now a definite.

#162833 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by DX-Robert on 14 July 2008 - 11:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Left out the great state of Connecticut...the Nerf scene here basically doesn't exist though...

#161898 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by DX-Robert on 07 July 2008 - 10:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Please confirm me for this war. I have a 100% attendance record of showing up to wars that I confirm to, so expect me to be there unless the sky starts falling.

#155365 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by DX-Robert on 10 May 2008 - 04:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll definitely be there if possible. I'm actually moving from NJ to western CT sometimes this Summer so not sure what the travel arrangements will be. If I can hitch a ride out of Ridgewood I'll make it for sure.

#75244 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 05 March 2006 - 01:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Directions and Maps

General Area/Major Roads

A lot more specific

Even more specific

See the end of Lakewiew Dr? That's where to park. The whole wooded area thing is the battlefield.

Where to meet/park

Sorry that I couldn't get written directions, it won't let me enter a general starting location such as "Route 208" or Bergen County." If you want, I could write directions from major local roads myself.

Another edit: We could do a 2 day war if at least some people live in the county/region and can easily come back the next day. As for eye protection, anything will do. I wear glasses, so I normally don't need anything extra [I've been hit in the glasses with clay, water, and basketballs over the years, and they have yet to break]. I don't think the village police will mind us being there, or even know for that matter, but in case of trouble, I have 2 backup sites in mind. We have had a million water gun fights in this forest and no one has ever cared, so it should be the same for a Nerf war.

#75228 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 05 March 2006 - 11:37 AM in Nerf Wars

I would suggest bringing your own food...although there is a Burger King nearby. April 1st would be much better, as 3 people I talked to can't make the 25th [and I kind of need those people if our clan is to have any chance of winning :lol: ].

I think theyellowdartmti also plans on attending and bringing his clan.

As for what technology is allowed, so far we have:

Modded guns = yes
Stefans = yes
Homemades = yes

One question I have regarding Tech, my clan has pneumatic cannons, which we would either try and use a pool noodle as a giant dart, or fill the barrel with stefans, creating a riot blast. Any objections to using said cannons? [Because I know that safety is an issue with stuff like this, although we are very responsible with when and when not to shoot them].

Posted Image

#74844 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 01 March 2006 - 06:19 PM in Nerf Wars

EDIT: Sorry Dux, not you.

I figured, since of course I know who Evil is. Forget my join date, the date I started browsing NH was Dec 04? Jan 05? Somewhere around there. I'm very different from other new members, and I've shown that, yet still am viewed as naive like the rest of the pack. I bet the other n00bs haven't been on the staff of 8+ forums [admin on most of those] and read NH for over a year before joining? :lol:

So guys, does anyone want to have a war somewhere? Any suggestions? Do you guys know of any good parks or places to have a war in north NJ? Lets not let this topic die, as I know many of you would be interested in having a war.

Depends, "north NJ" is very vague. Which county [ies] do you have in mind? I know quite a few good places to fight here in Bergen County, mostly in the town of Ridgewood. I agree though, a new war would be great.

#75522 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 07 March 2006 - 09:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Space to park is quite limited, so I think the interest here is enough. If you live in the county and could get dropped off instead of parking, that would help a lot.

Sweet, is long as the prices are reasonable, at least I'll be buying, and probably multiple guns.

Official date = Saturday and/or Sunday, April 1st and/or 2nd. 11 AM- ~5PM would work best, A-to work around evening conflicts in schedule and B-it starts to get dark earlier in forests. And a Nerf fight is no fun in the dark because you will lose just about every dart you fire.

#75080 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 03 March 2006 - 09:58 PM in Nerf Wars

OMC's clan will be the oldest by at least 5 years? Mine is mostly 17, juniors in high school.

11-6:30 sounds fine, perhaps a lunch break around 1 or 2? For those driving up, there is room to park right at one of the entrances, at the end of Lakeview Ave. The town maintains a small composting facility next to the park on the east bank of the brook, and it is actually in bounds for reasons you will find out later...

I'll float March 25th around with my friends tomorrow, so far it looks good. April Fools' Day could be the backup date. Hopefully it warms up by the 25th...we have snow on the ground now. B)

UPDATE: Would you mind a date change to the 1st of April, which is also a Saturday? The 25th is not looking good.

#75594 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 08 March 2006 - 09:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Just throwin it out here but could we maybe make this war inside of march?

Hmm...

This weekend: SAT prep course on Sat
Next weekend: 2 Term paper rough drafts due that Monday
Weekend after that: 2 Term paper final drafts due that Monday [over 15 pages each], plus more than half of my clan [which is hosting the war] can't make it
...And that does it for March. So you could have a war earlier than the 1st/2nd, but good luck finding a good host and such a nice place to fight. We here will be busy with heavy school-related work.

If anyone living nearby wants to scout out the place in advance, feel free to do so. I myself need to do so to make some plans, and set the boundaries for the war. I don't think using the whole thing would be that great of an idea, but also think the normal boundaries are too small for a war this big.

#72939 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 12 February 2006 - 03:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I love nerf, but can't seem to find anyone to nerf with. Maybe if we find more people in this area, we might get a war going. That would be awsome.

There seem to be plenty of people around here, so I am surprised that putting together a war is so difficult. I would think age range would be the largest problem, seeing as there are people on this forum way younger than I am and way older than I am. Some friends and I have been fighting casual wars here in Ridgewood, but less so in recent months due to the weather, sports, and schoolwork.

#75892 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 12 March 2006 - 11:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Is the war still on [It's been raining for the past few hours]? Just making sure.

#75786 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 10 March 2006 - 09:14 PM in Nerf Wars

How about a huge sale right before the war at the war? Instead of online offers, I think it would be better to make offers at the war-
A: Fairer if you have to buy there and can't stake a claim in advance.
B: Able to test the guns/see them in person.

I have already informed members of my clan about bringing plenty of money to this event. :blink:

Duxburian- Yeah, we're definately having a war sunday, 2 o'clock at that Wilde place, lemme know if you can come.

I'm assuming that it is that huge duck pond-trail-park-thingy, being the most notable parkland area in Glen Rock, but correct me if I'm wrong. A few of us may be able to show up, perhaps 3-5 people. Mind us bringing homemades and/or a cannon?

#75051 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 03 March 2006 - 06:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll see if I can scope it out between now and the war. Dux, is it possible that you can find out exactly how many people from your clan are going to show up? That would be great. I will most likely not be bringing anyone along with myself, just me. I am glad to hear that you use tactics, this will be a great war. Also, do you use camo, or is that too much? I will have a real army belt with a real clip magazine pouch that I will use to carry my PC clips. Ill also have a pouch for extra ammo and extra barrels for my pvc couplered guns. I will get myself some camo if you guys are going to use it, especialyl since this will be in the woods. What are the "small abandoned buildings" like? They sound interesting. How many are there? It sounds as if you could use one of those buildings as a base and the other side of the field as another base.

You say there is one open field. I was wondering if you have any large object at your house that you could bring to the field as obsticles. I don't paintball, but my friends do. When they do paintball, they just go to an open field and bring picnic tables that they flip on their sides and use large garbage cans etc as cover. This could be a way to make the open field have some cover.

If you do scout it out ahead of time, it's the area at the end of Lakeview Ave near where Ridgewood borders Midland Park. The actual Goffle Park on maps is not the same place.

Camo is a bit too much although we use it to an extent. There is one abandoned building we call Arson because the roof was destroyed via fire, the rest are very small and short ruins. We have a position called High Point that is used as a base, an area with a stunning height advantage. Our general view on bases is not to have any, we move from position to position, but rarely fortify or hold a fortified position. Capture the Flag would be the exception.

There is no need to bring obstacles, many of the trees are quite thick and there are other things scattered around like stone walls and large bushes. The only open field has never seen combat, because it is not a strategic area.

Last, but not least, I can't be sure how many people can come yet. "The Ridgewood Militia" is named so because our numbers vary widely when we have wars. The roster has about 12 people on it, but the most that have ever showed up is 7. I'm thinking around 4-8 for this war.

#75552 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by DX-Robert on 08 March 2006 - 02:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Anyway, it should be cool and I look forward to meeting you guys. Oh yeah, Duxburian, you're gonna see some "advanced tactics" yourself. 2 of our guys are milistic freaks so I look forward to this  And we may have a war this sunday (at that Wilde Memorial park in Glen Rock) if you guys care to drop in that's cool.

I look forward to the challenge! It's been a long time since we've had competition in the tactics department. Despite the fact that some of our members have never actually fought a Nerf war before, our water war experience will make up for that. [The tactics are similar] As for weaponry, your better variety of guns against our strange tech such as hybrid homemades and artillery should balance each other out.

If you are having a fight at that Glen Rock park this Sunday, a few of us may "drop by." :ph34r: