Collective's Content

There have been 101 items by Collective (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#227922 X Men Origins: Wolverine

Posted by Collective on 03 May 2009 - 04:12 PM in Off Topic

I walked into it not really expecting them to make all the characters the way they are in the comics. In fact they probably could have and I wouldn't have known the difference. Looking at it just as a movie and not an X-Men movie, I thought there was a lot more they could have done with it. For example, the relationship between Wolverine and Sabertooth had a lot of potential that I think they kind of wasted, as well as that of Wolverine and Striker (or is it Stryker?). Also, all the green screen was a little over the top.

And I just really don't like Ryan Reynolds.

#246932 Wichita, Kansas. August 29th

Posted by Collective on 13 August 2009 - 06:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah! I'm sitting here with one of my Nerf buddies and we can definitely make it! We'll ask around to see if any of our friends are interested. They're all pretty green so it should be fun.

#248176 Wichita, Kansas. August 29th

Posted by Collective on 22 August 2009 - 06:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey! So is this still going down? I'm scheduled to work until 2:00 on Saturday but I think I should be able to get around that. Right now I think 2 other people will be able to come with me. Is that cool? Will we need to sing Happy Birthday to you?

#248976 Wichita, Kansas. August 29th

Posted by Collective on 29 August 2009 - 02:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Right on! I'll definitely be bring two people with me, and maybe one more who'll be able to stay for about an hour. I'm scheduled to work until 2:00, but I'm going to beg my way into getting off as soon as I can.

#265966 Wichita Kansas War

Posted by Collective on 18 February 2010 - 11:45 PM in Nerf Wars

is this still on? It's supposed to be yucky on Saturday?

#263264 Wichita Kansas War

Posted by Collective on 26 January 2010 - 11:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey! I, and one other person are good to go for whenever. I'm pretty much free any weekend.

#264766 Wichita Kansas War

Posted by Collective on 08 February 2010 - 11:40 PM in Nerf Wars

You mean a real sword right? ;)

#251341 Wichita Kansas Nerf

Posted by Collective on 22 September 2009 - 07:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd be down too, and I have a friend who may be down as well.

#248591 What Are We Allowed To Post?

Posted by Collective on 25 August 2009 - 09:31 PM in Off Topic

I'd just like to say that the people who own this site are under no obligation to let us talk about anything at all. They don't charge its members anything to join and can therefore do whatever they want to it. It has nothing to do with fairness or providing a good service to anybody. Nerfhaven is a privilege, not a right.

I'm not trying to kiss ass or anything, it's just how I see this whole situation.

#226554 Vulcan Help

Posted by Collective on 27 April 2009 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

Did the gun work before you changed the batteries, or is this the first time you're trying to use it? I'm guessing that something just isn't connecting. Recheck to make sure you put everything in the correct way and that your batteries are good. If this is the first time you've tried to use it then you should just return it.

Also, do you have a chain in the gun? There's a safety catch that prevents the thing from firing if there's no chain in place.

Hope that helped.

Edit: Sorry CaptainSlug. I didn't mean to be a noob-enabler.

#322664 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by Collective on 16 October 2012 - 01:23 PM in Off Topic

I'm just going to through this out there so it can be instantly shot down:

How about Homestuck?

#234666 The Deconstructor

Posted by Collective on 06 June 2009 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

I really like this! I think it looks better without the front barrel put on, but I guess you need the barrel length for the 2k to work well.

Good job man. I'm really wishing I had an at2k so I could do this.

#318577 The BANR, a FAR revamp

Posted by Collective on 16 July 2012 - 12:08 PM in Homemades

With a name like BANR, you almost have to paint it green and call it Bruce.

#226803 That Ma5c Halo Gun-wannabe Thingy That Buzzbee Made~

Posted by Collective on 28 April 2009 - 10:18 AM in Modifications

That whole screw driver-as-priming handle thing seems like it would be kind of awkward to use, but I guess if that's what your friend wanted....

I like how you explained the wiring setup. I'd be totally lost trying to do something like that myself.

#255852 Stefan Question

Posted by Collective on 09 November 2009 - 11:54 PM in General Nerf

You're probably using a high temp glue gun. Switch to a low temp one and it should stop doing that.

#246289 Sofail Topeka War Recap Thread

Posted by Collective on 09 August 2009 - 05:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, I had a great time! Awesome venue, awesome blasters, awesome people!

+ Doing MUCH better that I thought I would.
+ All the cool game types we played, including Defend the Core and One Flag Push.
+ My K9 Special tribute knockoff getting a fair amount of praise.
+ Most of my previously un-field-tested guns working fairly well.
+ Finally meeting some other members of the NIC.
+ Getting to hold a crossbow (such as it was) for the first time, as well as seeing everyone elses' cool mods.

- The heat, my God the heat!
- My Titan shotgun not performing as well as I'd have liked.
- The fact that the SOF team couldn't come to see how we do!

All in all I can't wait for the next one! When can we see the group pic?

#236117 Sof-kansas

Posted by Collective on 13 June 2009 - 09:32 PM in Nerf Wars

You can put me, as well as 2 guests, down as a probably. Its a little too far into the future for us to be making definite plans, but every time I mention it to them they get really excited and say things like "of course we're going!"

#259728 Semi-automatic Valve

Posted by Collective on 25 December 2009 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

From now on, Christmas for me will no longer mark the birth of Jesus, but the day I first laid eyes upon this miracle.

[/hyperbole]

This is really freakin' cool! How are you going to accommodate the bladder inside the Firefly shell? Or will it just be an external kind of thing? I CANNOT wait to see this thing in its final form!

#260018 Semi Auto At2k

Posted by Collective on 28 December 2009 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

Why do you need two pumps? I like this whole concept and hope to make one for myself when I get all the parts, so thanks for posting something for me to look at when the time comes.

P.S. Does anybody else hate it when people say they're "too lazy" to do something?

#225199 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Collective on 22 April 2009 - 11:07 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm definitely planning on coming to the war in Topeka, Kansas. It'll be the first major war for my friends and me, and we're very excited. We'll be a group of at least two, possibly three.

Can't wait!

#237308 Rscb Help

Posted by Collective on 18 June 2009 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure he means that he's worried about the dart not falling from the holder into the barrel by itself.

Fuzz, they don't need to go all the way in. They just have to be in enough so that they plug the back of the barrel so the air takes it along as it leaves the barrel. I recommend doing what Qui'lan Fett suggests. I've done the same thing with a cpvc rscb and it works really well.

#255442 Rscb Clip

Posted by Collective on 05 November 2009 - 10:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

-Where can I find an AR-15 Spring inside of a local lowe's?

I'm pretty sure the "AR-15" part means it's a spring that's used in an actual gun, namely the AR-15. So, I don't think Lowe's would have one. Look online.

#255451 Rscb Clip

Posted by Collective on 05 November 2009 - 10:31 PM in Darts and Barrels

It doesn't have to be copper. It just has to be something that your darts can slide through easily. I personally use 19/32 brass for the clip and 17/32 brass for the barrel, both placed inside 1/2 pvc and connected to a 1/2 pvc T, but that's because my darts slide effortlessly through 19/32 brass and are snug in 17/32. I know that lots of people use 1/2 inch copper and cpvc for the clip and barrel respectively, but 1/2 copper is too small for my darts. Use what works best for you. Experiment!

#262017 Removing The Plunger From The Plunger Chamber

Posted by Collective on 16 January 2010 - 12:08 PM in Modifications

I don't think you're supposed to remove it. He says "The bolt will still be inside the bolt casing." So you just push it as far as you can into the plunger tube and cut at it from the back. To get the whole thing out you'd have to cut the bolt tube and glue it back together once you've removed the ar.

#233636 Rear Loading Double Shot (picture Heavy)

Posted by Collective on 31 May 2009 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

There's a mod just like this in the directory, and no one seemed to be able to replicate it successfully due to seal problems. Although, I'd happily try this myself if my double shot wasn't hopelessly broken.

#316655 RainbowPup

Posted by Collective on 07 June 2012 - 01:25 AM in Homemades

To give the elbow something more substantial to screw into, why not extend that tube that connects the handle to the body of the blaster back an inch or two and screw through both that tube and the body itself?

#268744 Quick Question On Long Strike

Posted by Collective on 10 March 2010 - 10:37 AM in Modifications

The Longstrike uses a reverse plunger, so no, that wouldn't be a good idea.

#249276 Question: Angel Breech

Posted by Collective on 31 August 2009 - 10:51 PM in General Nerf

By stefan sleeve do you mean wrapping the streamline in something to make it's diameter larger? You could just modify the breech to use a barrel size that fits streamlines. However, I've never had a streamline shot more than 3 feet out of an angel breech. Also, you'd need to make the breech opening much bigger than normal to allow the streamlines to feed from the blah blah blah...

I don't think it would be worth it to be honest. If all your friends use stock darts then there's no real need to angel breech anything, as you aren't playing around with very long ranges.

#252995 New Nerfer Database

Posted by Collective on 08 October 2009 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

So...I'm curious. I live in Massachusetts, but go to college in California. So 3/4 of the year I'm in SoCal, but 1/4 of the year I'm in MA. Is there any way to get the system to recognize that, or ought I just to put my location as where I am the majority of the time?

Also, if I change my location in my profile, will it change it on the map (might wind up in the Seattle area)?

I actually just dealt with a problem like this, having just moved back home after finishing college. All you need to do is change your location in your profile and then re enter your profile link thingie and it'll change your location on the map.

#321502 Nerf article @ Wired.com

Posted by Collective on 10 September 2012 - 07:18 AM in Off Topic

Guys, not to brag, but my souped-up plastic blaster can shoot 60 feet and beyond!

Also, 100th post!

Serious edit: It's weird that he would get such specific information right, like Stefan Mohr's name and fact that people (used) to use Crayola barrels, but say strange things about brass tubing. I know some tacti-cool wannabes like to paint their blasters black, but does anyone really use brass or pvc in their darts?

#252754 Nerf 1928 Tommy Gun

Posted by Collective on 06 October 2009 - 03:32 PM in Homemades

Yes it is full auto and don't threaten to kill me.

I think he wants to know HOW it's fully automatic.

#252742 Nerf 1928 Tommy Gun

Posted by Collective on 06 October 2009 - 11:33 AM in Homemades

I have used what is evidently known as an inline clip (loading several darts in a barrel), but the result was the expulsion of all darts at once as a shotgun, not in an automated, semi-predictable burst (the type of result one expects with the term "fully automatic").

Loading a bunch of darts into a barrel isn't an inline clip. That's called "shotgunning." An inline clip is where you have a section of larger tubing that holds the darts in between the air output and the actual barrel, such as 1/2" pvc (the clip) with 1/2" cpvc (the barrel) stuck into the end. It's like an rscb without the 90 degree and T couplers.

Like this:

-----------------------------------_______________________

_________________________--------------------------------

The darts go in the bigger tube, the gun is tilted down to load a dart into the barrel, shoot and repeat. Wes was using the Magstike to shoot out one dart at a time from the clip. He could have stopped before all the darts had been fired by letting go of the trigger, i.e a controlled burst.

#266237 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Collective on 20 February 2010 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

A few older blasters:

Posted Image

The LnL is modded a la popatchi, and the Spitfire has a brass breech on both sides for easy loading. They can be pulled out separately or one at a time.

#283691 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Collective on 21 August 2010 - 06:38 PM in Modifications

Some of the stuff I've been working on lately:

Posted Image

Nerfing has given me ample opportunity for self-discovery. For example, through modding these two blasters, I've discovered that I'm turret retarded. I flat out ruined the sm1500's turret, and I got half way through messing up the Triple Shot before I realized I was ruining it and gave up. So, now they're just waiting for a wye shipment. Turrets are old news anyway, right?

The sm1500 pump has been replaced by a Hornet pump., and the Triple Shot has had all the vogue mods done to it, including a ls spring addition. Also, to cover the gaping hole left by removing the turret I hand-crafted myself a little cover:

Posted Image

The sm1500 will be getting the same treatment soon.

#313360 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Collective on 22 March 2012 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

After seeing Banshee's awesome Defender Overhaul, I decided to try my first foray into replacement internals.

Posted Image

I used 6.75" of 1.25" PETG tube for the plunger tube, and 7" of [k26] spring. Like Banshee's, mine fires really super hard. It's really scary.

Posted Image

#252636 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Collective on 04 October 2009 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

Just finished my Titan pump relocation:

Posted Image

To solve the problem of how to keep the pump from coming out of its tube, I cut off all but the back inch and a half of the pump piston and JB Welded some 1/2" cpvc into it. Then I puttied a 3/4" cpvc end cap with a 5/8" hole drilled into it onto the end of the pump tube. The cpvc goes through the hole in the end cap, but the pump head cannot, so problem solved!

The rscb is pretty straight forward. It holds seven darts.

#320788 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Collective on 21 August 2012 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

Saw THIS last week and got inspired:

Posted Image

I used a larger, two stroke pump that fills the Titan tank in one in-out cycle.

Posted Image

The front bushing was puttied on in my earlier modding days, so it's not the cleanest, but it still works fine. This is a pretty easy thing to do overall. The Tec-Six trigger is perfect for fitting over the Titan firing pin. You just have to dremel a lot out of the shell. You lose a few screw posts in the process, hence the bolt through the top.

#248601 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Collective on 25 August 2009 - 10:22 PM in Modifications

So I FINALLY get to post in this topic! Sorry for the crappy pic, but my camera is sick so I had to use my phone.

Posted Image

At the top is my version of the excellent K9 Special. It has a 7 1/2 inch barrel of 17/32 brass. The clip is 19/32 brass with a 5/8 section that slides over it to close the breech. It's pretty much awesome, though when I used it at the exSOF Topeka war I noticed that it always seemed to shoot right for the face...though that might not have been the gun....

Below that is my decrapified Mega Missile. I 86'd the shell and added a lsfg handle to the bottom of the pump. The lsfg trigger is attached to a keyring attached to the trigger valve of the Mega Missile. I just finished it today and I love it!

AAAAND, below that are my three gnarly Nightfinders. Nothing super special, the same kind everybody has.

#249483 Mega Missile Decrapification

Posted by Collective on 03 September 2009 - 11:30 AM in Modifications

*ahem* Sorry to be that guy, but it was Actually my idea. (You have to scroll down, it's the 8th post.)

On the subject of the trigger, I had the same problem when I had the whole thing in the original Mega Missile shell. I'd removed the little wall of plastic on the trigger that stops it at the back of its stroke so it would pull back farther, and that's when it started fouling up every time. Maybe the nitefinder trigger stroke is too long? My lsfg trigger doesn't travel very far at all and it hasn't not reset properly yet.

#247895 Mega Missile Decrapification

Posted by Collective on 20 August 2009 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

I've just successfully decrapified my Mega Missile!

Posted Image

Works like a charm. I had to use JB Weld to connect the pump, but otherwise I followed the write up to the letter. Thanks a lot for this mod!