SerpentofSet's Content

There have been 31 items by SerpentofSet (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#273956 Universal Coupler Bbb Write-up

Posted by SerpentofSet on 03 May 2010 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

Haha, are you mad?

Gah, ok. Translated into english.

What the f**k? You told me to throw the piece away and not to throw it away! I'm confused!

Anyways, nice mod and first post, I might try this soon........

You misunderstand, although I do think he could've been slightly more chronological with his steps. He says throw away the air restrictor and NOT the thing the air restrictor is connected to.

#274054 Universal Coupler Bbb Write-up

Posted by SerpentofSet on 05 May 2010 - 05:00 AM in Modifications

Then for your other barrels just wrap e-tape until it fits.

Electrical tape will eventually wear down and leave this black gunky stuff on your coupler.

#274074 Universal Coupler Bbb Write-up

Posted by SerpentofSet on 05 May 2010 - 02:26 PM in Modifications

Then for your other barrels just wrap e-tape until it fits.

Electrical tape will eventually wear down and leave this black gunky stuff on your coupler.

So if that happens then I will sand it off, and put some more. Its not a problem.

I sense a misunderstanding
I was arguing that your version of the universal coupler is more reliable then Kabigons version, which is to just slap on a coupler and then wrap etape around the pipe until it fits.

#269445 Tek 6 Interchangable "clip" Mod.

Posted by SerpentofSet on 17 March 2010 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

Isn't this one of the older Teks? I remember trying to do an old mod on the newer version, and... well, I had to single it at the end.

#267866 Straw <-dart Possibility?

Posted by SerpentofSet on 03 March 2010 - 05:18 PM in Modifications

I was thinking about doing a mod to my mav and came up with this more than likely unoriginal idea. If the pressure chamber is connected to a straw, would there be any foreseeable problems in just putting the dart on the straw? If the dart is airtight, the air should push it just as much as it would normally. (diagram below)
Posted Image
On an unrelated note, I apologize if this is in the wrong section. The topic had to do with modding guns, so...yeah.

#267869 Straw <-dart Possibility?

Posted by SerpentofSet on 03 March 2010 - 05:25 PM in Modifications

Wow.

You're basically making a Nightfinder style loading into a Titan/BBB style loading.

This is retarded, and it probably acts as a fucking air restrictor in itself.

Whoa, calm down there. For some reason, I seem to have pressed post instead of preview. But anyway, please explain to the fucking retardedguy why this such a bad idea.

#267875 Straw <-dart Possibility?

Posted by SerpentofSet on 03 March 2010 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

Alright gents, thanks for your help. I actually wanted to do this because I was too lazy to put a dart chamber back on, but I guess being lazy doesn't pay off anyway.

#269553 Spy Launcher Guitar

Posted by SerpentofSet on 18 March 2010 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

*head explodes from extreme levels of awesome

#272098 Recon Air Restrictor Removal

Posted by SerpentofSet on 13 April 2010 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

This is gonna sound really newbie, but that's alright because I'm new to nerf modding. I've gutted the AR and stretched the spring on my Recon, and I put it back together and it shot fine. I recently took it back apart to cut back on some loudness issues, but now when I put it back together the slide is jammed and will not pull back. From what I can tell everything is in it's proper place, but I can't seem to find the answer. Can anyone offer their advice to a beginner?

If you look carefully at the bolt sled, you'll see a little...trapezoidal piece that can be pushed down. That piece prevents the slide from going back once you've loaded it. If the gun isn't loaded, the plunger chamber will be in its starting postition, which will push the trapezoid down. Make sure you've put your plunger chamber in the correct way, with the small rectangular part on the bottom to push the trapezoidal piece down.

Hopefully I've explained this well...

#272704 Petg Breech Breakthough

Posted by SerpentofSet on 19 April 2010 - 06:23 PM in Homemades

Haha, nipple.

Immaturity aside, this is pretty sweet. I like the "Eureka!" moment of the story. Makes me want to take a stroll down the aisles of Home Depot with a PETG barrel.

#268558 Nxt Generation Crossbow

Posted by SerpentofSet on 08 March 2010 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

can it be modded? http://www.nxtgenout...fm?productID=28My Webpage

Capitalize please.

#269554 New Longshot Mod/integration

Posted by SerpentofSet on 18 March 2010 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

This is so beast! it seems so perfect and is so clean it like it ment to be there! PERFECT! :D Plz do a cool paint job and update it. I like the name Thorr

Oh dear.

#268017 New Barelling Material

Posted by SerpentofSet on 04 March 2010 - 02:55 PM in Modifications

As a TF2 fan, I believe high-pitched kids are the bane of my existence.

#274643 Nerf Maverick Problem

Posted by SerpentofSet on 12 May 2010 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

That short fat spring was probably part of the rail that allows extras to be aded to the gun, like a scope or something. It has nothing to do with actual gun performance. Did you modify/move your plunger in anyway?

#274775 Nerf Maverick Problem

Posted by SerpentofSet on 14 May 2010 - 02:43 PM in Modifications

PS: All you guys (except Bob) fail at helping.

I just rage when people pull out being a noob as an excuse, as if it's some bulletproof vest that protects them from flames.

Anyway, if you review previous posts, you'll find that the answer had already been provided, albeit without pictures. I don't know if he just ignored them or not, but they solve the problem.

#275099 Nerf Maverick Problem

Posted by SerpentofSet on 17 May 2010 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

PS: All you guys (except Bob) fail at helping.

I just rage when people pull out being a noob as an excuse, as if it's some bulletproof vest that protects them from flames.

Anyway, if you review previous posts, you'll find that the answer had already been provided, albeit without pictures. I don't know if he just ignored them or not, but they solve the problem.

Did you consider that I brought it up so that people wouldn't overwhelm me with terms that I would be unfamiliar with?

That would be a good point - if google hadn't been invented.

Anyway, if you modded the turret by removing the prongs, it shouldn't be quieter nor should it have the same level of power. What you essentially did was remove something that was blocking the airflow that propels the dart.

#274716 Nerf Maverick Problem

Posted by SerpentofSet on 13 May 2010 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

...and took out that tiny fat spring.

We've already mentioned that the spring doesn't do anything.

Btw, I'm a nerf noob and I'm also clueless as to where any of the springs came from :lol:

It's not being a noob that causes you to fail, it's your own ineptitude. If a chemistry student carefully follows instructions and doesn't lose anything, his final product should be exactly how it should be, assuming a closed standard environment. If another student reads the first line of the instructions, misplaces a stopper and decides to replace it with one he finds from somewhere else, and blows up the lab, you don't blame the noobiness of the student, you blame his complete failure to do shit carefully.

EDIT: Also saying that you did exactly as the video said doesn't make it true. Just throwing that possibility out there.

#271989 Nerf Grenade (no Frisbee)

Posted by SerpentofSet on 12 April 2010 - 12:11 AM in Homemades

What exactly is the point of a nerf grenade? Military grenades are designed to have a large casualty range, usually more than 10 feet. That way, a soldier to take out a group of enemies without risking himself as much as running in by himself. Your grenade gets about 3 feet. It's a nice effort, but the basic idea of putting a grenade into Nerf is counterintuitive. The propulsion of several darts past 10 feet WHILE being in a convenient-to-hold/throw object just doesn't seem plausible.

Also, Nerf isnt really milsim, is it.

#267481 Maverick Not Firing

Posted by SerpentofSet on 01 March 2010 - 02:52 PM in Modifications

I have a similar problem; after taking out all that junk and drillng out the pegs, a couple darts fire weakly, which is the exact opposite of what an AR removal should do.

#272488 Maverick Barrel Removal

Posted by SerpentofSet on 17 April 2010 - 03:13 PM in Modifications

Er, what?

Pictures would be nice; I can't understand what you're saying.

#273352 Magstrike Air Compressor Mod

Posted by SerpentofSet on 25 April 2010 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

sorry, I'm a fifteen yr old kid

*facepalm

Are you fucking kidding me? That's not even a valid excuse. I've seen 13-year olds build a catapult that can hit a target with an accuracy of +/- 5 feet. I've seen 12-year olds make things designed to launch a rocket into the air while holding an egg and float back down safely without breaking it, or cars designed to hit a wall with an egg and not break it. It's not your age that defines you, it's your will. Plus, this is the fucking internet. Everythings out there, you just need to look for it. Everything is based on how much you want to learn and how much you want to sit back and have other people answer your questions for you.

Ahem. Anyway. Cool mod, bro. I like how you took advantage of the air bladders expanding to switch off the compressor.

#275022 Magstrike Air Compressor Mod

Posted by SerpentofSet on 17 May 2010 - 03:39 AM in Modifications

well, first off...your language is not necessary.

Sorry, that's the internet for you.

secondly...how old are you?? and your playing with nerf guns? ya, so I'm the loser.

Really? You're pulling out the loser card. Creative.

how am I supposed to learn without asking questions? oops, sorry that's another question. my bad, didn't mean to upset anybody. to be clear, i don't have a ton of time on my hands to work on these things and figure out exactly how each one works.

There's a magical thing called Google, and then another thing called reading.

i don't have a lot of money to spend on these things.

Many people here are in college. As in, that thing that leaves you sorely in debt and leaves you without money.

some airsoft rifles are significant

I don't know about paintball, but an airsoft pistol = 10 dollars where I live. Which is less than most nerf guns.

I'm not pissed because you asked questions, or asked questions that have already been answered. I'm pissed because you think being 15 is a legitimate excuse.

EDIT: Yeah, moosa, I'm done.

#272907 Homemade Arrows

Posted by SerpentofSet on 21 April 2010 - 02:53 PM in Darts and Barrels

What a coincidence! Mine are bigger, though.

Posted Image

My first reaction:

Is that-
oh dear god it is

Then:
Oh wait, those are probably plastic golf balls

#269202 Hhi

Posted by SerpentofSet on 15 March 2010 - 02:30 PM in Modifications

Oh dear.

#274191 Has Anyone Considered Making/using Sights?

Posted by SerpentofSet on 06 May 2010 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

People DO, put sights on their guns, but more often than not it's for cosmetic reasons. It depends if by "sight" you mean a couple circles of plastic, or a sight that actual has magnifying capabilities.

Bye.

#268339 Dtb Singling

Posted by SerpentofSet on 07 March 2010 - 12:55 PM in Modifications

You really should get a better glue than Hot Glue though.

I dunno, I think the best point of hot glue is the ability to put it on en masse. You can't do that with epoxy.

#272048 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by SerpentofSet on 12 April 2010 - 11:10 PM in Darts and Barrels

I usually like to use hand sanitizer to shape my dart tips. I just get a small amount on my fingertips and start shaping the hot glue. The human hand is a lot more accurate than an ice cube, and hand sanitizer has the right level of viscosity to not slide off your hand immediately, unlike water.

#274091 Big Bad Bow Modding Trouble

Posted by SerpentofSet on 05 May 2010 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

Suggestions? Anything I did wrong with my mod in the first place?

I have part of a Tampon Applicator (no Crayola markers were handy, so I got inventive)

I have part of a Tampon Applicator

I have part of a Tampon

Tampon

I see you are channeling 4chan

You said your darts are flailing of course wildly; this is usually due to a lack of weight on the front of the tip coupled with high speed. At least, that's what happened to my gun.

#277017 Autobow Mk Ii

Posted by SerpentofSet on 06 June 2010 - 09:09 PM in Homemades

I don't get the point of this or any the rest of your homemades. I doubt the accuracy of this thing is all that great, the ranges suck, and it looks like shit. I can't see how this would be very useful in a war.

I saw this post, and waited for a couple of days for the inevitable flames against it. I wasn't disappointed.

Could the range be increased by using a bungee cord instead of a string and non-flex CPVC?

#274608 At3k Singled Crayola Barrel

Posted by SerpentofSet on 12 May 2010 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

I am going to have to call on your range of 200 until I see some proof.

He said that was angled; it's not too hard to believe.

#268523 3/4" Od Pvc?

Posted by SerpentofSet on 08 March 2010 - 03:25 PM in Modifications

There are three different types of this pipe. One is white with blue lettering, one is white with pink lettering, and the other is gray with black lettering. You will want to buy either the white with blue or pink lettering pipe because the gray pipe isn't sturdy enough.

O_O
*disbelief*