Jtcm's Content

There have been 38 items by Jtcm (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#184425 The Massive Tsunami Scatter Gun

Posted by Jtcm on 18 October 2008 - 04:07 PM in Modifications

So I was reading both Captain Slug's MASS topic and BendyStraw's Tsunami Scatter gun topic and I thought to myself wouldn't it cool to combine the two? So i did.

I present the MASSive Tsunami Scatter gun

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This isn't really anything new as both ideas were already posted. I just decided to combine the two.

There is some practicality to this weapon as well following Bendy Straw's tutorial he said he only got around 50' I would assume that with the added air volume of this weapon i should be able to achieve higher ranges.

No ranges yet. there was a slight leak and now my valve in the bbbb to no longer works. So I'm gonna call this MK. 1 and build MK. 2 tomorrow.

Any questions?

P.S. Thanks Captain Slug and Bendy Straw for the awesome ideas and write ups.

#172767 At3k Check Valve

Posted by Jtcm on 26 August 2008 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

You should be able to get little check valves at pet stores in the aquarium section they only cost a few dollars and should be small enough to fit in the at3k shell and they don't have much internal volume so "dead space" isn't really to much of a problem.

#167690 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by Jtcm on 09 August 2008 - 10:12 PM in Nerf Wars

If everything permits (classes, parents, car, etc...) I'll be there.

#163183 Paintball Tanks With Nerf

Posted by Jtcm on 18 July 2008 - 02:16 AM in Homemades

$79 is much better. What was the shipping like for your order i know you had extra stuff but just curious. Thirdly 250psi is more then enough. I assume its 0-250psi? and how accurate/consistent is the regulator?

#163150 Paintball Tanks With Nerf

Posted by Jtcm on 17 July 2008 - 08:33 PM in Homemades

Hm. $140 for just a regulator seems a bit steep to me, because I would still have to buy an HPA tank which appear to be around 80+ dollars. I was hoping to get this set up bit for under 200. BUT i guess if this set up works I may have to look into it.

#163059 Paintball Tanks With Nerf

Posted by Jtcm on 17 July 2008 - 01:16 AM in Homemades

I know this topic is a little old and I don't really have anything new to add but I was mainly wondering if CS forgot to post the pictures of his old set up here. Secondly i was also wondering if Doom made any head way on his regulator troubles. I am looking to start gathering the parts for this set up and i could use a little feedback.

#161189 Paintball Tanks With Nerf

Posted by Jtcm on 01 July 2008 - 10:17 PM in Homemades

I'm also interested in making one of these set ups and with the loss of the centerflag regulators, I would love to know of a new regulator I can purchase. Or even just a new reliable source of the Doolie regulator.

#157427 Universal Range Testing

Posted by Jtcm on 29 May 2008 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Seems like a good system. This is how I test all my ranges. But I am curious as to what you did to throw your ranges off but 40'?

#157159 Hornet As-6 Modification

Posted by Jtcm on 27 May 2008 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure how you got those barrels out I tried this technique and I could hardly get the barrels to move, let alone out.

#150773 Mod Idea Don't Have Enough Barrel Material

Posted by Jtcm on 12 April 2008 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

What the hell is a B20?

#150730 Lowes Canada

Posted by Jtcm on 12 April 2008 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

It's funny the hobby shop near me is just called "Hobby Shop" so it was pretty easy to find.

#150681 Lowes Canada

Posted by Jtcm on 12 April 2008 - 01:08 PM in General Nerf

I went to the one in Hamilton, there was no brass tubing that I could find but, in my opinion they had a much better plumbing section (which is were I get most of my modding supplies) then most Home Depots.

#141549 Yet Another Torontonian Update.

Posted by Jtcm on 20 February 2008 - 05:16 PM in General Nerf

Damn. I just bought mine at TRU for 24.99! Oh well I'm going to get another one anyways so thanks for the tip.

#140334 The Vulcan

Posted by Jtcm on 14 February 2008 - 08:51 PM in General Nerf

Does anyone else see two triggers on the gun? The button on the top of the grip and the actual trigger. Could one of these be the motor button and the other be the belt feed trigger?

#135117 +bow

Posted by Jtcm on 06 January 2008 - 12:36 AM in Homemades

Very nice write-up. I'm sure I'll eventually attempt this, but McMaster doesn't ship to Canada anymore, so it'll be quite a long time before I find all the parts necessary to make one of my own.

I know that people say that Mcmaster no longer ships to Canada but when i went looking through there help files I noticed it said that they will ground ship to most Canada. Was this section just not updated? Another quick question sorry does anyone know for sure whether or not Mcmaster will ship to American P.O. boxes?

#134989 +bow

Posted by Jtcm on 04 January 2008 - 10:22 PM in Homemades

Hey CS have you ever considered this site http://www.ponoko.com/ ? If i understand what they do correctly i believe they can cut the parts you need and ship them to you. I don't know all that much about them or there rates but I thought I'd let you know.

#121786 The Eyes Of Fire.

Posted by Jtcm on 31 August 2007 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

I have a question and I hope it wasnt answered else where I looked but didn't see anything, CS said he had problems getting constant air from the HPA tanks which is why he used his external PVC tank what is diffrent about this rig that allows you to draw constant air? Is it something in the regulator assembly?

#119839 Did Nh Go Down Today Or Was It Just Me?

Posted by Jtcm on 15 August 2007 - 06:47 PM in Site Feedback

Yep same here it was down.

#119838 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Jtcm on 15 August 2007 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

The only problem I can see with the Cerberus pistol is the spidey guns dont like to have very long barrels (less then 6'') and if I recall right the Cerberus has rather long barrels. Although I would love to see what you could do.

#119819 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Jtcm on 15 August 2007 - 04:48 PM in Modifications

Just picked up a set at a Canadian TRU for $44.99 only to find it at Zellers for $34.99 the next day.

Hey Angel was Zellers having some sorta sale or is TRU just screwing us Canadians? I stopped buying Nerf stuff at Zellers when I saw there Fireflys were 36.99, but I may have to start buying there agian if there stuff is $10.00 cheaper.

#118861 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Jtcm on 08 August 2007 - 05:31 PM in Modifications

3 more months and they will finally be in Canada! I can't wait.

Actually I saw these at my TRU the other day and i live in Canada about an hour away from you so I think they should be up there.

#118752 Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Posted by Jtcm on 07 August 2007 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

I have the same gun and did a very similair mod to it ( I was going ot make a write up but life got in the way >.<) I think mine is getting low eighties with an OMC PETG barrel.

#117799 Please Help

Posted by Jtcm on 31 July 2007 - 06:02 PM in Homemades

I agree with Carbon and PVC or cpvc under pressure needs pvc cement or in this case cpvc cement (it does exist).

#117178 Rapid Fire 20 X4

Posted by Jtcm on 25 July 2007 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

I think if you did want to fuse 4 RF20 then the hot ticket would be to get rid of all the bladders and hook them up to a PVC tank like the one Captain Slug built. As for the trigger fusing maybe fuse the first two into one and then the second two into another trigger so you have to triggers each controlling 2 turrets. But this is just my $0.02.

#115293 Magstrike Leak

Posted by Jtcm on 10 July 2007 - 04:33 PM in General Nerf

I had a similar problem and I went to fix it today and it turned out the little nub the connects teh pumps hose to the bladder had broken off. I tried to glue it back on but it didn't work. Im trying to think why this helps you I guess you should open it up and find the leak or take some pics and we can help.

#112594 How To Epoxy

Posted by Jtcm on 22 June 2007 - 08:59 PM in Modifications

I think this will help me alot ( ihad the BBB problem) I dont know why i didnt think of roughing the surface but hey you learn something new everyday. Anyway thanks!

#111275 Cawthra Mississauga Nerf Out- Cmno

Posted by Jtcm on 14 June 2007 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I thought the same thing Angel, but I also do respect the rules of the forum. Although perhaps like you said the war could still very well happen. I think I could also bring 4-5 more people ("my clan").

*Edit* FYI any war details can be emailed to me at jdyates9@cogeco.ca

#111106 Longshot Mag Combination

Posted by Jtcm on 13 June 2007 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

Hey CaptainSlug I do have access to a table saw but I would like to know what sort of blade I should be using to avoid sending my mags halfway across the room or even worse cutting off a finger.

#111080 Cawthra Mississauga Nerf Out- Cmno

Posted by Jtcm on 13 June 2007 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

How far away is this area you plan to play at from the St. Catherines area? If its close, I could look into possibly coming with a "clan".

*Edit* Or if you could just give me the postal code or real address of this park area.

#110181 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Jtcm on 08 June 2007 - 11:10 PM in General Nerf

SM1.5k (broken)
2 AT3k's (gutted)
LnL (CPVC'd)
5 NF's (CPVC'd)
2 Mavericks (broken)
LBB (CPVC'd)
Big Blast (Cpvc'd)
Titan (stock...for now)
2 Longshots (1 new spring and restrictor removed)
RF20 (gutted)
Magstrike (broken but i got it that way i swear)
Double Shot (Failed mod aka Broken)
Monoblast (stock)
3 SSPB (gutted)
Eletric Eel (stock)
Mech Tommy 20 (stock)

#110169 Is This Possible?

Posted by Jtcm on 08 June 2007 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

60-70 feet using the 20-round clip. 50-60 feet using a 10-round clip.

Perhaps a little off topic but is there a certain reason the 20 round mag goes further then the 10 round mag i would have thought the opposite.

#109903 Dchap-1

Posted by Jtcm on 07 June 2007 - 03:09 PM in Homemades

Sorry CS didnt mean to hijack the thread. Just a quick question how heavy is the gun?

#109895 Dchap-1

Posted by Jtcm on 07 June 2007 - 02:31 PM in Homemades

Very creative design. After reading through I noticed zaphodB siad that this would work for his gernade laucher but that got me thinking couldn't this be the gernade? let me try to explain. if you removed the pump and just had a "refill" valve and if you put weight on the push trigger so it would land on it if thrown and then replaced the single large barrel with say four or five small vertical barrels? I dont know if it would work but that just what i thought.
Posted Image
Red-Trigger
Lite Blue- Tubing to the barrel(s)
Blue- Barrel(s)
Orange- Refill valve

#109577 Bbb Mods

Posted by Jtcm on 05 June 2007 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

Yah 130' is way out there mine hit 80-ish but that was with a longer barrel so i couldn't use the arrows.

#109574 Air Tank

Posted by Jtcm on 05 June 2007 - 02:36 PM in Modifications

Do you mean like this?

#109460 Copper Barrel / Cpvc Coupler

Posted by Jtcm on 04 June 2007 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

I did this the other way around i put a 1/2" CPVC pipe into a 1/2" copper coupler. It worked great for my LBB.

#106951 Clip Tek

Posted by Jtcm on 21 May 2007 - 05:53 PM in General Nerf

Sure it looks good now, but remember when the RFR was first shown and everybody thought it would be amazing and it turned out to be crap? Im not getting my hopes up for this ether.

#104991 Crap, My Modded Nite Finder!

Posted by Jtcm on 11 May 2007 - 01:53 PM in Modifications

This is offtopic from your problem but what type of barrel did you use? I never have seen that type before, all I have seen are either PETG or brass.

I dont want to answer for Yazzeh but i believe it is CPVC (which I think is just thinner walled PVC). I also had a nightfinder where the piece holding the plunger tube broke but i havent lost any range to my knowledge.