Glint's Content

There have been 251 items by Glint (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#242588 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 18 July 2009 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

The FrankenFinder Mk.II

Posted Image

Thank you to both Ice Nine and AssassinNF.

#235155 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 09 June 2009 - 09:31 AM in Modifications

I don't know if Badwrench ever finished this, but I managed to go off of his idea:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I also don't know if anyone else has completed a NiteMav like this before, after Badwrench posted the original picture of his idea/work in progress.
I more prefer to call it a Niterick, as I feel it's more Nitefinder than Maverick, and that name seems to suit better.

#228854 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 07 May 2009 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

Just a little project I've rolled with:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#218607 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 18 March 2009 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

My two trusty single shot pistols:
Posted Image

Both have AR removals, spring additions and fresh new bungies. I don't know which one's actually better yet because I've just been firing suction cup micros at my window. I actually am liking the Switch Shot better overall though.

Posted Image
Posted Image

If anyone has any ideas how to integrate them together (NOT the "Manta" way with the handles attached), please PM me.

#244147 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 27 July 2009 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

We have two particular items for your viewing pleasure today, ladies and gents.

First off is an RSCB'd RFDG.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Next is the Frankenfinder Mk. II, which made it's debut earlier in the thread. New and improved, it's back for more glam.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Now you're probably asking yourself, "Glint, you charismatic stallion, what's the screw in the top of the Frankenfinder for?"
Good question.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#245786 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 06 August 2009 - 12:46 PM in Modifications

I'm just gonna put something out here... if you like it you can take it, if you don't send it right back...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And the best part? It's just a shell right now.
Or that could be the worst part... But at least it's still modular. See?:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Did I mention that I currently haven't used a drop of any sort of adhesive on it?

#257597 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 29 November 2009 - 10:16 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

- 8 shot, manual rotating turret
- Read loading
- Perfect (dead serious, absolutely perfect) Plunger tube - Turret seal
- Insanely comfortable
- Amazingly snazzy if I do say so myself

#251833 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 27 September 2009 - 12:53 PM in Modifications

A LnL modded by Merz for MSDFS, and now is in my hands.

Tweaked the barrel a bit, made a better plunger seal. The seal's really great, the stock spring can't push the plunger to hit the end of the plunger tube without the bungee. It needs a new spring.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Beauty of a paintjob thanks to Merzlin.

#248670 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 26 August 2009 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

I love this thing.

Posted Image

RFDG spring replacement, AR removal and a DiscShot spring in the stock. Oh, and some padding on the end of the plunger rod and where the plunger tube hits the bolt sled.
Plus a comfortable shoulder strap held on with bolts and washers:

Posted Image

#208339 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

My new BBBB (no cosmetics):

Posted Image
Posted Image

Along with a lot of converted Micro darts that fit especially into it's barrel:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#218158 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 15 March 2009 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Unplugged my BBBB and went to town with my new Dremel (yeah, it was an excuse to use the Dremel :angry:)

Posted Image
Trimmed down the front part and glued it onto the new front for cosmetics Looks pretty cool in my opinion (excpet I used to much Epoxy and it's gooping out, taking away from the overall neatness)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Since I wanted to sand down the sticker anyways, I decided to roll with it and make this funky little design on the front. Debating whether or not to do it to the rest of the yellow parts. Probably not.

Posted Image
Just a view of the front, which was sanded everywhere just for eveness, instead of rough sanded edges and a smooth inside.

#212736 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 16 February 2009 - 12:22 PM in General Nerf

Ah, Captain is correct. Here's a screenie:

Posted Image

I count three darts sticking out either side of the turret, with room enough for two more on both the top and bottom where they're hidden.

This gun is most definately the Furyfire.

Also, it looks as if it's air powered. You can see a pump type-handle on the front of the barrel of both blasters. On the orange one it's on the back, and on the green on it's on the front. On the bottom of the pump-like handle you can see a plus-shaped bar on the green blaster, showing that it's a pump.

#212524 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 15 February 2009 - 05:56 PM in General Nerf

Scroll own a bit on this page.

sputnik had it at the bottom of the first post, if you actually looked for it.

I just got a bunch of stuff about Honda.

Well then if my link doesn't work then go back to sputnik's post and scroll down to the bottom of his post and press the link.

#212606 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 15 February 2009 - 10:07 PM in General Nerf

Everyone's complaning about all this "new Recon" crap. I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions and just see how it plays out. But I do have an argument.

See how the jam door on the right side of the gun is really far forward? On top of that, the stock looks like it could do somethin similar to the "Armed" bar on the Recon, except not showing anything externally. This means that either
A ) it's a nice actual plunger design with a large plunger
B ) it's an inverse plunger design, but a very big inversge plunger design (the placement of the jam door)
C ) all that crap at the back is really dead space and we're being conned.

I'm hoping for it to be A, but it's more likely to be B. Nontheless, that's one freaking big inverted plunger it it is. Maybe this gun does have potential. Maybe we will be able to work with it. heck, it's not the next Crossbow, but at least we can have so fun with a crack at it.

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like, because I'll be keeping that until this gun comes out and we see how it really is.

#212749 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 16 February 2009 - 01:05 PM in General Nerf

Awww frig no... here we go again:

Posted Image

Found it here.

More speculation I suppose. With this we can only guess until we see more though.

Looks like another air-powered gun, though. Look at the little priming handle thing at the back, you can barely see a plus-shaped bar right at the end of it going into the gun.
Thats an awkward place for a pump... the back of a gun so you have to pump it like you prime a Recon?

#212711 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 16 February 2009 - 10:20 AM in General Nerf

I'm still wondering why no one is interested in the re-release of the Supersoaker 50, or in these from the UK Nerf video:

Posted Image

The SS 50 was also announced in the press release from Hasbro.

As for the other Nerf blaster in the picture, it appears to be the Vengeance REV-8 that is found in the Wii N-Strike game. I just checked my copy of the game to look it up. It's just an 8-shot revolver, so a smaller Firefly without photoelectric darts.

Ah, I bed to differ. It looks to me like those things have 10 shots, and the Dart Tag box in the background screams "Furyfire" to me. I'm definately excited if there's a new air Dart Tag Blaster

For those who don't know:

NERF DART TAG FURYFIRE 2-Player Set

(Ages 8 years & up/Approximate Retail Price: $39.99/Available: Fall 09)

Gear up and go with the new NERF DART TAG FURYFIRE 2-Player Set. Complete with two new rapid-fire FURYFIRE blasters featuring auto-advance barrels that hold ten darts, two redesigned scoring vests, two sets of VISION GEAR eyewear and 20 DART TAG DARTS, the NERF DART TAG FURYFIRE 2-Player Set inspires engaging, energetic team play. Each set includes one green and one orange blaster; gather a group and divide teams by color to create an extreme NERF DART TAG environment. No batteries required. Each set sold separately.

(Bolded that which I thought was important)

But anyways, that's going way off topic of the Raider. If we want to discuss the Furyfire, let's make another massive speculation thread :P

also glint i'll keep that statement recorded in my sig for ya XD

Thanks for that foxdemon.
I think I may wind up regretting saying what I did... but whatever. THere's no way this thing's basically an exact replica of the recon.The least they could do would be to put in a bigger inverted plunger set up... And I mean, there's gotta be something special in there for the "Slam" mode to work...

#212518 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 15 February 2009 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

Scroll own a bit on this page.

sputnik had it at the bottom of the first post, if you actually looked for it.

glamdringguy15: I think you're hating on the drum a bit too much. We now has a 35'shot compatibility with 3 different guns, and probably more guns to come.
Also, there should never, EVER be a period in a war where you fire of 35 shots without a time to reload. Find a time to reload.
ANd have you ever thought that maybe, [/b]just maybe[b], that people might have more than 1 drum, so if they run out of shots (which they shouldn't) then they can just slap another one on?

On top of all this, we have to remember that we can also use the normal 6-shot clips with this gun too, so fi somehow you manage to run out of 35 shots then you can just slap in a 6-shot clip for time's sake.

#212738 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 16 February 2009 - 12:25 PM in General Nerf

Sputnik, it looks as if they're air-powered. In the pic I posted about you can see a pump type-handle on the front of the barrel.

On the orange one it's on the back, and on the green on it's on the front. On the bottom of the pump-like handle you can see a plus-shaped bar on the green blaster, showing that it's most definately a pump.

Well since sputnik edited his post now I look like a repetative fool. Thanks :P

But anyways, yeah I definately want to see what the Furyfire can do. Hopefully it'll take a small amount of pumps, and Hasbro has the excuse to make it so. "It's Dart Tag, you need to reload as fast as possible or else you'll be tagged".

The potential-seeking missile is headed straight towards this thing on my radar.

#212917 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 16 February 2009 - 09:53 PM in General Nerf

No, it would be the same, no matter where it is attached. The front and back of the priming handle move the same amount, the front cannot go any farther in relation than the back can.

Just think about it for a second, it should click.

Ah, holy crap I'm retarded. I didn't think before I posted. Sorry, you're right :)

#212908 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 16 February 2009 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

Keep in mind, Split, that the mechanism which pushes/pulls back the plunger tube could most very likely be attached at the front of the priming handle, extending the stroke by another good dart length or a bit more.

#212758 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 16 February 2009 - 01:28 PM in General Nerf

We can't really tell much from that picture, but the rod sticking out looks like a pump rod, not a plunger. But that's just me maybe.

Gears is probably right, but it's practically impossible to tell from that picture.

Silly Gizmodo, give us something we don't know about other than the Raider now :P

#212507 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Glint on 15 February 2009 - 05:30 PM in General Nerf

2. I'm assuming that you twist he nob to advance the drum=slower loading.

Pfffah. That knob is obviously for unlocking the drum mag's clear plastic covering on that side, thus being able to open the drum mag and actually reload. Else how would slam mode work?

Anyways, this gun looks pretty darn cool. Can't wait to get one in my hands.

#208944 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Glint on 02 February 2009 - 04:28 PM in Modifications

What's the point of nesting brass with brass, or other barrel material?

#208952 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Glint on 02 February 2009 - 05:03 PM in Modifications

Alright, thanks for the explanation. I was kind of wonering about both actually; so thanks!

#238059 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by Glint on 22 June 2009 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

I recently pulled my LS out of it's bin to work on it again. It's springs had been salvaged, rendering it useless so I put it away for a while.

I have a small problem though. The washer head replacement wasn't working at all for me, so I went out and found a new O-Ring for it. It seemed to be perfect.
It's called a "1'' Universal O-Ring". It was a bit smaller than the stock LS o-ring, so it took a tiny bit of stretching to get on the plunger head. It's about 2 times (maybe a bit less) thick though, so it made an amazing seal.

Now I have two problems which I think are connected. One is that when I try lubricating the plunger tube and then inserting the plunger rod and check to plunger tube again, it seems as if there isn't any lube any more. It looks to me as if it all got forced down to the bottom of the plunger tube.
Second is that once the gun is together (also when I try and pull the plunger rod out of the plunger tube) it's almost impossible to pull back. It's not the springs, it's a LS spring with a cut down AR-15 spring (Hereticorp's way). It seems like the O-Ring is either causing a lot of friction on the plunger tube because of the lack of a lot of lube, or it's creating too good of a seal.

I don't understand why though. When I just insert the plunger rod I can move it easily in and out. But once I screw it in and it's been in there for a while and I try and remove it (without the screws), it takes a crapload of force, me pushing on the breech opening slot side to remove the plunger rod.

How can I fix this? It seems like my O-Ring's fine when I'm just testing it out, but once it's all together it's a pain in the butt, practically un-usable. I have to prime the Bolt with the stock pushed against my chest and pull really hard.

#228758 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Glint on 07 May 2009 - 07:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Holy crap, yes I'm pumped as anything. Maybe even more than for Massacre 3.

I'm still looking to buy a stock AT2k or some stock AT2K internals off someone, if anyone has one their willing to give up.

#229238 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Glint on 09 May 2009 - 06:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Holy crap, amazing day. So much awesome going on in one room throughout the six hours I don't know where to start.

PROS:
- Re-uniting (if I can call it that) with people from #3
- Meeting new people
- Getting my first rush of the day caught on over-the-shoulder cam
- Winning Center Flag Push with Pearson following on camera (probably my favorite highlight of the day)
- Watching Crooked jump over both BoneRiot and the barricade he was hiding behind
- Rushing in general, didn't so as much as I'd like, but it was great nonetheless
- Having more rushes when I ddin't get shot during them/going back than when I did get shot
- Being surprised by having by Big Blast not break
- Dante and I winning Tag Team (Wingman) Royal Rumble, (never got handed the belts by the way... weren't we gonna have some cool scene with FA24 and Crooked handing them over in shame? Something along those lines...)
- Showing my friends how sweet this hobby is
- Insanely chaotic Guardian game (1337's arm?)

There were so many individual, genuinely awesome moments that it's hard to remember them all.

There are a few cons I believe I should mention.
- The goober (Slurpie straw BBBB guy). This kid wanted NOTHING but to use everyone else's guns. He followed me on 2 rushes, asking to try my xbow. He also shot me point blank in the back of the leg with a big blast when I was on his own team. He was annoying as hell.

I have to agree with this. He bothered me all day. A surge of satisfaction rushed through me when I shot him late in the day (yeah... I feel bad about it, but he deserved it)

I'm sure more people will post times I forgot to mention here. Can't wait for the pictures and video to be up.

Great day guys. Thank you to everyone for all the fun.

#229900 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Glint on 12 May 2009 - 08:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image
Posted Image

Gahdangit... Caught on camera getting shot...

But those two pics of me are really sweet in my opinion nontheless. Thanks Dumpster.
I remember that slide too...

- Watching K-10, afro thunder, glint, grimbsby pops and kid, and quite a few other who I can't remember right now evolve from newbs at the last war to deadly killing machines at this war.

Glint, Mike and I actually were going to present you with the Tag titles after the clean up, we didn't realize you had already left. Sadly this will have to be postponed until the next war at which you will have to defend them. We didn't really have time in between rounds sadly to present them to you.

Thanks? I don't really know which way to take that first part <_< Nah, thanks for the compliment.

And as for the belts, that's dissapointing, but alright. Dante and I are completely prepared to defend our title. I expect Crooked and FA24 will be anticipating regaining their status.

#220168 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Glint on 27 March 2009 - 03:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Oooh... the 9th may or may not work. I may have something pretty big in the way that day that can't be avoided, but it might be blown off because of circumstances. So if it's the 9th I'll have to wait and actually confirm when I know for sure.

The 2nd worked great for me... But the 9th might work... maybe.

#225302 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Glint on 23 April 2009 - 03:50 PM in Nerf Wars

RoF is for sissies.
That's right, i said it, bring it on (crooked).

Don't mean to start an argument, but many people would say that RoF is what nerfing itself should be based upon. Not camping behind some trees and "Sn1pz0rsin" people with you "Sn1pz0rs R1f73" (not attacking anyone in particular, just giving examples). In my opinion, RoF should be the heart of nerf.

But anyways, I might want to pick up a stock AT2K or a set of AT2K internals off of someone at the war if I have some extra cash by then. PM me if you're willing to sell one of the two.

#220125 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Glint on 27 March 2009 - 09:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Ah! In that case I'll most likely be able to make it.

Frankly, I'm gonna have to agree with your desicion to change it. It was too short a time from Massacre 3, and a lot of people were rushing to pull things together. This gives people a bit of breathing room to work on things or get things set up to go.

Also, this'll give me time to work on my RFS!

#219068 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Glint on 21 March 2009 - 09:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Dang, I'm most likely a no for this one. Both my parents are down picking up my brother from university (again, he's the reason I missed the first two), so unless I can beg a relative or someone to get me up there it's a no-go.

Damn that sucks, I really wanted to make it again.

#224874 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Glint on 21 April 2009 - 07:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I'm pumped for this.

Now all I need to do is finish up my Doomsayer.

#217020 Massacre 3

Posted by Glint on 08 March 2009 - 09:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha, alright thanks Pearson and k9. Sounds great :lol:

This war will require payment for your ticket # before the war takes place.
A ticket number is mandatory for your entrance to this event.

We are selling tickets on a first come first serve basis.
I suggest any members of the NIC who plan on coming, purchase their tickets ASAP.
As Fester and I are going to be promoting the shit out of this one.

Taken directly from FA's post rokor.

#216959 Massacre 3

Posted by Glint on 08 March 2009 - 04:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, I need a bit of clearing up here. I'm coming and am on the Guest lit and stuff, but what's with this "ticket" buisness? DO I just show up and tell you I'm Glint, or should I have a number or ticket or something already (which I don't)?

#211780 Massacre 3

Posted by Glint on 12 February 2009 - 04:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Most likely I will be there. Just have so make sure it's 100%. I'll post up again/edit this when I'm sure.

#218292 Massacre 3

Posted by Glint on 16 March 2009 - 05:25 PM in Nerf Wars

My mom took a couple pictures, but unfortunately she only thought that I wanted pictures of me. I have like 2 or 3 pictures with other people in it, but the main focus is me. SO really, I didn't get any pictures that you guys'd be interested in. Sorry...

Anyone remember when Money Train when gunless during the Center Flag Pull? I don't know if he actually did it or not, but I remember standing at the wall and him placing his guns on the ground all hyped up and ready to run. That was pretty sweet.

#218403 Massacre 3

Posted by Glint on 17 March 2009 - 07:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright heres the couple I thought were good. I got as many as I could with people (other than me) in them.

Chillin' at the wall
Posted Image

Money Train, 1337 and I
Posted Image

A fairly good action shot. I look retarded but whatever
Posted Image

Just a group photo (I have more of these from the end, but most of them are blurry because of all the movement and hand-raising going on)
Posted Image

Money Train and I again
Posted Image

Me and Eddie (thanks K-10) heading out. Pretty sure this was after a Royal Rumble.
Posted Image

And just one really good one of me (probably best one taken). I have a couple other good ones of me with people in the background if anyone cares.
Posted Image

In fact, I have all the pictures I took uploaded, so I could post them all. But a lot of them are centered on me, so I don't really want to just post pictures of me up and no one else :(

#217938 Massacre 3

Posted by Glint on 14 March 2009 - 06:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome day. Awesome freaking day.

Highlights:
- First NIC War
- Getting to match some names to faces around here
- Learning how to rush and slide kill very, very quickly
- Rushing alongside some big names around here
- In a game of Royal RUmbe (I think it was Royal Rumble) jumping out from behind a baricade, having FA_24 standing right there aiming his Doomsayer straight at my chest, seeing him pull the trigger and hearing the dart shoot, but having it misfire and not actually shoot. I think he just reloaded and shot me anyways, but it was a sweet feeling of temporary invicibility.
- Rushing in, killing a Captain in Guardian, running back and then scheming with Dumpster and Pearson about breaking the truce we had. That was pretty awesome but sneaky; being all traitor like that.
- Slide killing FA_24 three time (?) Maybe it was two... it was at least two.

Too bad it's hard to remember all the action once you're out of it. Hopefully the camera caught a lot of the awesoness; like CNP shooting the foot of Afro Thunder (yeah, I forget the guy's name. Thanks for putting that name in my head there Crooked) right after his shoe fell off.

But anyways, great day. I'll revise this post if I remember any more sweet moments of my day.

#217847 Massacre 3

Posted by Glint on 13 March 2009 - 02:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Since this war is going to break the attendance record I would like to get good footage of it.
Who else is bringing recording equipment. Camera, Digital Camera etc?

My mom (who'll be sticking around for a bit before heading out) will be bringing a camera. A very high quality camera at that. So hopefully she'll get some great shots.

But anyways, I'm going to feel so inferior at the war. My DTB is gonna be like a baby to the two Doomsayers... Maybe it should have a degrading name like...

Well, like Baby.