DTReaper's Content

There have been 301 items by DTReaper (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#63259 An Actual Semi-auto Design

Posted by DTReaper on 07 September 2005 - 03:06 PM in Homemades

Now please deal with me as this is my first post.This is an idea I can up with for a semi-auto air/spring gun.
Posted Image
The blue is a pvc airtank that holds a constant psi.
The green is a tube that goes into the plunger assembly.
The orange is an airtight O-ring on the plunger and in front of a spring.
The pink is a string that pulls down the front air regulator piece that is basicly a piece of brass with hole in half of it and closed the other half and this is nested between two O-rings. When the trigger is pulled it opens the air regulator releasing the air and the pressure allowing the plunger to move forward. There is another air regulator under the plunger that is opened when the trigger is unpulled and closed when the trigger is pulled halfway back. So every time the trigger is pulled it releases the plunger and stored psi. and then unpulled the airtank pushes the plunger back.

Please note this is theoretical but is quite a good design.
-DTReaper

#63262 An Actual Semi-auto Design

Posted by DTReaper on 07 September 2005 - 04:16 PM in Homemades

Actual no I didn't expect it to hod so I might use something else like a better valve and if the part below the plunger has a one way then it would work I think, this is theoretical.

-DTReaper

#63271 An Actual Semi-auto Design

Posted by DTReaper on 07 September 2005 - 06:20 PM in Homemades

I don't know, I don't own a wildfire but it is possible.

#63416 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by DTReaper on 10 September 2005 - 11:04 AM in General Nerf

To silence a spring gun just add some RTV silicon (the solid stuff) on the end of the plunger head it silences it like by alot.
-DTReaper

#63418 Basic Mods To Improve Nf Range And Functionallity

Posted by DTReaper on 10 September 2005 - 12:00 PM in Modifications

In one area I put basic mods to do to the nite finder to improve range and functionality.
This is not a right up.
1.take out the air restricters (obvious but still).
2.Replace barrel (again obvious but necesary).
3.Replace or strech spring (the often overlooked but very effective thing to do)(Even though it loses its lifespan it increases range and you can just get another spring).
4. Put E- tape under the O-ring on the plunger to get a better seal or you could replace the O-ring with another bigger better sealing O-ring. (often not done).
5.spray silicon spray on the O-ring (Essential).
6. add rubber bands or bungees or surgical tubing (blatantly obvious and most common done).
7. Cut off ammo holders and put brass in the batteries area (more holsterable).
8.cut sights off for faster drawing speed (losing risk of catching on clothing or holster).
9.take out light to make it lighter less weight or to put something else in its place (sspb).
10.Put some RTV silicon sealent on end of plunger head (sound decreased).
11. add a silencer (more silent).
12. Chop off the cocking handle at the end and add a key ring or zip tie or something there to reduce kick. I think I first saw that in Thirst's TTG mod. I don't think it's a problem on NFs too much with kick, but mine does send darts a few inches high and that might help.(props to nerfmoney at hq for this one)
13. add more barrels (ie. ompa's nf20)
Any more basic or more complex mods for the night finder (not right ups) that help to improve range, accuracy, or functionallity please post them or your thoughts and comments.
1,2,3,5,6,10 and 11 can be used in any spring gun.
-DTReaper
edit: Personally I did numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9, and 10 and it now has a very very high volocity(sp.) and it looks as though it could leave bruises.

#63427 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by DTReaper on 10 September 2005 - 02:07 PM in General Nerf

Not only that but between the plunger and front.
-DTReaper

#63465 Basic Mods To Improve Nf Range And Functionallity

Posted by DTReaper on 11 September 2005 - 11:07 AM in Modifications

Richomundo I didn't do that I just copied it as I stated in perenthases(sp.) so I don't know how it works but if someone else did it and claimed it did then it may have or may not have I don't know so don't ask me about that one.
-DTReaper

#63510 The Loud Nf

Posted by DTReaper on 11 September 2005 - 08:29 PM in General Nerf

What I did to silence my night finder a decent amount was add some silicone sealent to the top and bottem of the plunger head.
-DTReaper

#63585 Legendary Weapon 01: Rose's Judgement

Posted by DTReaper on 13 September 2005 - 06:29 PM in Modifications

Reminds me of the blood angels (warhammer 40k reference) space marines very cool.
-DTR

#63699 Nite Mav

Posted by DTReaper on 15 September 2005 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

I am looking for the nite mav mod or to put it for simpler people a mav with a NF plunger in it. I would prefferable prefer it in write up form but will settle for pictures. Any help would be most abliged (sp.).
-DTR

#63706 Nite Mav

Posted by DTReaper on 15 September 2005 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

I will keep you informed and as a side note the only reason i want to do this is because I dislike the fire fly greatly it is too big and I could make the nite mav for less money. Not only that but if I get another mav I could do the cool Barrel mod (the one where you can take out the cylinder).
-DTR

#63869 Maverick Mod Question

Posted by DTReaper on 18 September 2005 - 08:00 PM in Modifications

I would not replace the spring I did that to mine and well now I have a broken mav. The catch part on the plunger snaped clean off, so now I'm going to put a NF plunger assembly in there. Somehow?
-DTR

#64278 New Clip

Posted by DTReaper on 24 September 2005 - 08:13 PM in Homemades

I had a new idea for a clip one day when I got irritated at figuring out how to make a detacable (sp.) clip so I made one that didn't requre you to take it off the gun so it stays there. So here it is.
Posted Image

the red is a T joint cut in half, the light blue is pvc, the brown is either balsa wood or sheet metal, the dark blue is a hinge and the white part is another peice of balsa or metal that opens to allow stefans in. the two prongs on the outside are to pull down so the dart goes all the way in to the chamber.

In the second oneit shows the inside. This clip is based off of the other clips I have seen.

So thoughts, questions, and opinions?

-DTR
Edit: sorry after posing I realized that the pics are too small so if the admins would kindly resize them it would be much apreciated

#64395 Warhammer 40k

Posted by DTReaper on 26 September 2005 - 03:05 PM in Off Topic

I am in to warhammer 40K and I am wondering if there is anyone else out there that does. I have a Blood angel Space marine army consisting of 3 tactical squads, 1 assult squad, 1 rhino, 1 preditor annihlator, 1 SM biker, 1 chaplian, 1 fouriso dreadnought, and then i have random imperial gaurd units. So i am wondering what you guys have (army wise)?
-DTR

#64405 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by DTReaper on 26 September 2005 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

What is the range of the gun?
-DTR

#64409 Warhammer 40k

Posted by DTReaper on 26 September 2005 - 06:34 PM in Off Topic

I deeply apologise for my ignorance.
-DTR

#64589 Maze War

Posted by DTReaper on 29 September 2005 - 04:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok I was at a friends house and he for some odd reason has a maze in his backyard and well I decided that well it would be awesome to have a nerf war there so I brought my guns over and at first they were cautious but soon I got them to play merely because it was shot or be shot. So they hid in the maze and went after them and this maze is only 5 foot high so it had an advantage/disadvantage to be above the maze. So I came in with a moded hidden shot and a moded nite finder, one had a nite finder ex-3, and the other had my DT-3 single barreled gun. And so it was fun. The best part was when one got trapped in a dead end and I shot him with a shotgun blast hidden shot and the nite finder at point blank in the back, now he has three bruises there.

So tell me what you think of the war.

-DTR

#64590 Your Armory

Posted by DTReaper on 29 September 2005 - 04:40 PM in General Nerf

My armory is pretty sad compared to some of yours I have...
broken
-maverick
-scout
-sm 1000
modded
-2 nite fiders (1 new)
-1 sspb
-hornet
-DT-3
-firefly
-hidden shot
unmodded
-ultimator
-nite finder ex-3
-sm 1000

-DTR

#64675 Easier Way To Make Bacon Darts

Posted by DTReaper on 30 September 2005 - 03:38 PM in Homemades

Now here is the link for my inspiration http://nerfhaven.com...3&hl=bacon dart . So you ask how I can make it easier well I made a template to make perfect spiral grooves in it every time. I made it with
- A piece of cpvc (or something else depending on dart size but I use micros)
- A dremal
- A piece of paper
- Tape
- Protractor and ruler

-Ok so what I did is this I took the piece of paper and the protractor and made a 10-degree angle on it.
-Then I took the ruler made a mark a quarter of an inch over and drew another 10-degree angle on it on that mark.
-Then I cut the piece of paper down to fit around the outside of the piece of cpvc.
-I then taped it there an used a dremal to cut on the lines and on the top to get a space in there that is 1 inch long (this measurement depends on length of the dart I use 1 and a quart so that’s what I use) a quarter of an inch thick and at a 10 degree angle.
- Then all you do is put a dart in and use a high melt glue gun to burn in the edge then rotate it so the template is on the other side of the dart and you are finished, you now have a spiraled dart. This should improve accuracy.

Note 10 degrees may be too little and tests are still being conducted.
Please give me your thoughts comments and questions.
-DTR

#64709 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by DTReaper on 30 September 2005 - 10:25 PM in Darts and Barrels

Note some of these may have already been said but I am giving my theories on darts.
Well as far as I know there are a few things that effect accuracy, range and power on a dart.
They are weight, spiraling, size (both diameter and length), guns power, barrel length, and conical or non conical head.
The heavier the weight usually the farter but slower and reaches its max speed farther away. it goes until you reach a weight in which you start losing range or its best weight as I call it. If it is lighter it has higher speed at close range but lacks the punch and range heavier darts have so…
within ten to like 20 feet lighter darts are better and any further you probably want heavier darts. That's at least my theory on darts and as for spiraling it is the same principal as a bullet and the difference between the revolutionary war and the civil war (AKA muskets vs. rifles). but with spin you usually decrease range because energy is being used to spin the dart out of the barrel and therefore loses a certain degree of power. The solid darts however do not spin unless the barrel is rifled so therefore it doesn't lose any energy to spinning. As for the conical head it makes the dart more aerodynamic and therefore has less air resistance and therefore it has more range. as for diameter of the dart the thinner the better the range due again to wind resistance.

And so ends my rambling theories on darts and range and spiraling.

-DTR

#64733 Stefen Dimple

Posted by DTReaper on 01 October 2005 - 12:02 PM in Homemades

why I think people started puting "dimples" or holes in the end of the dart was to minic the mini ball but the reason that worked was because it was made if lead and it would heat up and expand into the rifling of the rifle and then get pushed out so therefore a dimple in the end of a dart will not effect range greatly.

-DTR

#64776 Tired Of Making Darts?

Posted by DTReaper on 01 October 2005 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

The funnest thing I ever shot out of a moded nite finder is a year old semi hard mini marshmellow at my cousin. He screamed like a little girl.
Good times *sigh* good times.

-DTR

#64782 Stefan Theory

Posted by DTReaper on 01 October 2005 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Ok here is my theory my theory is that the more mass you have the greater the distance the stefan will go. but the best weight is dependant on the power of the gun, and wind resistance on the dart decreases its range so I came up with this thoretical equasion (sp?)

distance=(massXpower of gun)/wind resistance

That is distance equals mass times power of the gun divided by wind resistance.
But mass can only equal a certain percent of the power of the gun (currently undetermined).
Also the less mass th faster it accelorates (sp?) and the higher the top speed but it gets less distace it gets. the heavier it is the slower it moves but it gets better range and hits harder,
So thats my theory please add your thoughts opinians and questions and I'll get back to you as soon as I can thank you.

-DTR

#64795 Stefen Dimple

Posted by DTReaper on 01 October 2005 - 11:11 PM in Homemades

Well what you do sounds like a logical reason to put a dimple in the back of the dart.

-DTR

#64829 Stefan Theory

Posted by DTReaper on 02 October 2005 - 12:45 PM in General Nerf

The air resistance may be minus Im not sure but my second theory is correct 9the one concerning weight and distance.That is why I use tack stefans in indoor wars, because they leave welts at close range and sting alot.

-DTR

#64836 Stefan Theory

Posted by DTReaper on 02 October 2005 - 01:04 PM in General Nerf

Well Im just pointing out that the tack stefan has a home in indoor wars for me at the very least. However the heavier darts are needed out doors for the increased range unless you get in a massive amount of cc fighting in outdoors game.

-DTR

#64853 Stefan Help

Posted by DTReaper on 02 October 2005 - 04:14 PM in Modifications

What I do for less pain is make the stefan normal only instead of glue over the top put a small piece of FBR.

-DTR

#64881 Ultimate Nf Project

Posted by DTReaper on 02 October 2005 - 06:29 PM in Modifications

Hutah!
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5030
there you go.

-DTR

#64890 Stefan Help

Posted by DTReaper on 02 October 2005 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

The only time I ever had the weight come out was when I found an old dart I had lost and was kind of battered and shot it out of my most powerful gun. So as I see it the only chance of the weight coming out is if you use old darts so you should just have a dart rotation and throw out the old ones. I am tring to develope a dart saving technique.

-DTR

#64900 Custom 2k-nf

Posted by DTReaper on 02 October 2005 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

Yes and because he is an ambassodor he can basicly do/say whatever the fuck he wants to.

-DTR

#64912 Ultimate Nf Project

Posted by DTReaper on 02 October 2005 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

What range are you hoping to acheive with this ultimate NF?

-DTR

#64953 Stefan Theory

Posted by DTReaper on 03 October 2005 - 01:18 PM in General Nerf

If mass has no effect then how is it that a tack stefan will go only 50' while as another heavier dart fired from the same gun will go a considerable amount furter.

#64956 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by DTReaper on 03 October 2005 - 01:37 PM in Modifications

This is probalby going to sound stupid but I have never heard of a double barreled AT 2K. How do you do it? What are the advantages over the quad and singled barels?

-DTR

#64958 Stefan Theory

Posted by DTReaper on 03 October 2005 - 01:38 PM in General Nerf

Sorry about that I got bored reading his post after the first two paragraphs.

-DTR

#64990 At2k Tank Expansion

Posted by DTReaper on 03 October 2005 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

Go to nerfevolved.com and look in mods for the 5K tank expantion. That may give you some ideas.

-DTR

#65127 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by DTReaper on 05 October 2005 - 07:28 PM in Modifications

what size darts are you using? because if you are using micro sized stefans 1/2 inch pvc is too big and you may want to cryola barrel it to get a better seal.

-DTR

#65249 Who's Bored?

Posted by DTReaper on 07 October 2005 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not the orange florecent rubber darts. I have a rapid fire gun that shoots those, it's chain fed. It's beast unfurtunatly it lacks range but it is awesome in close quarters combat. I believe it was made by a toy company called Imperial.
Sorry for hijacking the thread DTR.

#65284 Who's Bored?

Posted by DTReaper on 07 October 2005 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

No I don't belive you can in fact still get the gun. It probably got bought out by a bigger gun company. But the came out with some pretty good guns a 5 shot clip pull back action pistol (standerd rubber darts), a smaller five shot pull back that fired smaller darts a bigger distance, and the chain fed auto.

They all lacked range but the the auto had a great ROF and the small pistol got better accuracy. The gun company is called Imperial if you care to look for the guns.

-DTR

#65335 New Version Bbb Mod

Posted by DTReaper on 08 October 2005 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

First off exelent mod and paintjob. Second I have looked at the BBB for a while and am wondering how the crap you cock the gun?

-DTR

#65337 Who's Bored?

Posted by DTReaper on 08 October 2005 - 04:25 PM in Modifications

The one in the pic is just like it but it mine is also orange and yellow and I am not planing on moding it. But i am not willing to pay 5 bucks for 20 darts which is the only way I can get them. Does anyone know where to get them on the internet?

-DTR