taerKitty's Content

There have been 718 items by taerKitty (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#301382 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 11 July 2011 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Atomic Blaster + Splat + Ace #199 spring.

#305440 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 06 October 2011 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Writeup here.

#305656 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 10 October 2011 - 01:18 PM in Modifications

BumpFire (a.k.a. always-on-SlamFire) HyperFire - internals

Posted Image

and firing video

No externals shot because it looks like a stock HF missing the louvered back part. Now, imagine it upside down, minimized, and under an LS.

===

Edit: This is the final layout, but not the final measurements. In the final configuration, the trigger is fully depressed when the slide is forward. Assemble the blaster, then slowly and carefully ajust the zip tie tail out the back to get the measurements right.

===

Edit: Per discussion with Bob, it seems more sense to distinguish this from SlamFire - with SlamFire, you have to hold the trigger back. With this, forcing the slide forward will discharge the blaster, so it's not exactly the same thing.

#297931 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 09 May 2011 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Using the barrel as an accessory rail. In this case, having a 'backup shot' that quite possibly outranges the dart being propelled through the barrel.

The barrel clip is a chunk of 3/4" PVC cut with ratcheting cutters, with the edges filed down. It's solvent-welded to the expansion tank of the TESSPB, and snapped to the barrel, so it's easily removable. It's underslung because that's the way gravity will orient it after some bouncing around on the field.

I may add a zip tie or string to secure it, but that's more belt-n-suspenders than anything else. The 240 degrees of PVC is plenty stable.

#297563 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 25 April 2011 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

It's a BrokenSVT Tank-Expanded SSPB (TESSPB), but I found an interesting carry method - by using the tank expansion hose as a ring, I can carry this pumped and ready, out of the way until I flip it into position.

===

For those who haven't seen his TESSPBs, here's a sample (but not the one he sent me)

Posted Image

The differences are that mine has a PVC tank instead of CPVC, and ended in a CPVC coupler, instead of the Sch. 80 barrel. It hits well over 90' with a 6" CPVC barrel. He's seen it hit 107'.

===

I liked it so much, I gave it a try myself:

Posted Image

The tank only looks bigger. It's actually 3/4" CPVC over 1/2" PVC. I like the more even tank look. Glue is still drying, so ranges are ... 0.

#233672 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 31 May 2009 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

My first paintjob - went with a simple red / white / black theme.

My first Longshot mod, too - removed AR and safeties so it can be uncocked, magazine catch worked with the bolt forward, etc. Integrated the Recon's ladder sight. Removed the cocking handle and moved the cocking mechanism inside the body, cycled by the front gun handle. Writeup here.
Also my second Longshot mod - tried to brass the breech, massive fail.

Range: 0'. Anyone have a spare LS bolt they want to sell? >_<

===

Posted Image

'Y' clip. I wanted a side-by-side clip; reloading with a down-over-up motion seems faster than down, flip and try-to-jam-the-clip-back-in-with-my-arm-awkwardly-twisted.

Really simple 'mod' really - I was looking for a spacer block that would allow for the magazine well wall thickness for both the Longshot and the Recon. Turns on another clip fits the bill perfectly. After a bit of experimentation, I decided that a 'forward roll' rotation (end-over-end along the Z axis) was better than a 'barrel roll' rotation (around the Y axis), hence 1/3 the darts face backwards.

#297413 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 21 April 2011 - 05:15 PM in Modifications

Minimized NF with a front dart holder and taped gap. Yes, the tape won't survive if I open the blaster, but that's not the point. I just want to cover the opening.

Posted Image

#305782 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 12 October 2011 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

To clear up a question people seem to be asking, Buff gave me some credit because the TTG internals were done like I did in my 30-minute TTG Overhaul. Still, I think the integrated magazine is the most striking feature, and I would like the name to reflect it.

How about we call it the Bu-TTG?

===

I found it so striking I wanted to give it a go:

Posted Image

===

Edit: Here's the write-up

#305833 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 13 October 2011 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

New day, new mod (Speaking of mods, should I have edited my last post? It's a different topic and different day.)

PowerStocked LS:

Posted Image

1/2" PVC-sized hole in the back of the LS

3/4" PVC

2 x TTG springs

Hot glue

Done!

#317131 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 18 June 2012 - 01:04 PM in Modifications

Why'd your friend vivisect the tank?

===

I found that the ghetto-trigger from my first 4BullPup tended to bleed the valve badly. To address this, I present the 4BullPup-1A. Valve releases so quickly, it sounds like a gunshot. NF is completely non-functional. I'm just using it for the PR, PH, spring, and catch. This is it ready-to-fire.

Using the ghetto-lever trigger's zip-tie, and a cross of zip-ties so it slides when primed. Lever trigger has an extension spring to keep it closed when primed. 3/4" PVC screwed and epoxied to the front handle (and then zip-tied for added aesthetic insult). It pushes against the grey 1/2" PVC ring on first pump stroke, which is wasted. Subsequent pump strokes, it slides freely along the 1/2" CPVC guide rod.

On a fugly note, I love how everything is not parallel.

Posted Image

===

To make up for double-post below, here's a shot of the balancing point for the 4BullPup-1A:

Posted Image

The previous one had the handle at the end of the PT and was very back-heavy. This one is perfectly balanced, but the stock throw from back to the trigger is only 10.5".

#317157 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 18 June 2012 - 10:31 PM in Modifications

Wow, you managed to make the Switch Shot's tac-rail actually useful!

===

4BullPuppified Spy Gear Missile (not Signal) Launcher. Basically a 4B.

I took care of the offset pump by epoxying a bridge of CPVC between the nubs. Very good fit.

Posted Image

#317393 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 22 June 2012 - 10:09 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

At 33" long, I'm not sure it qualifies as a 'bullpup' anymore. 10 strokes from the bike pump sends a slug 100'. No OPRV, so no war-usage, though the whole "pump ten times, then fire" makes it less-than war-worthy.

It was the Spy Gear Rocket Launcher a few posts above, but the stock OPRV was very low (two pumps.) Maybe it was a bum one. Maybe that's just how it's set.

Unlike SVT4B's, these don't have a screw on the back side to adjust the cracking pressure. From experimenting, driving a screw into the opening in the pump face seems to work, but too late now.

#316686 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 07 June 2012 - 04:32 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

27-round drum (unless I can figure out a new follower, which I'm not currently planning to do.)

#316537 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 05 June 2012 - 08:07 AM in Modifications

4BullPup - Embrace the Fugliness!

Posted Image

Small ring of 1" PVC has a Nerf shell screw driven into it. the top of the 4B pump handle has a small hole formed in it, and the handle shell pried apart so it grips the screw. Who cares if it's loose? The whole point is the ring stays on the handle.

Why the ring? The piece of 3/4" PVC clamped to the barrel is the max extension for the pump handle.

Posted Image

Trigger detail. The trigger is a zip-tie. The stand-off is a wood screw driven into the PVC, then the head bolt-cut off. A piece of brass is screwed over it, and a screw eye is dropped into the end to keep the zip-tie in place. Lastly, the whole mess is mummified in duct tape.

Oh, and that zip-tie flapping in the wind? It's my 'sight'. :)

Posted Image

Airflow detail. The 4B already came with a PVC coupler attached, so there's a 90-degree CPVC elbow malletted into the coupler, and then a small (Nerf shell) screw driven into it to secure it. The rest of it is pressure-fit. I never know how long I'll want to keep my blasters in one configuration.

#306286 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 21 October 2011 - 02:48 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Singled Triple Shot (I got it this way) with a universal coupler (1/2 of a 1/2" CPVC coupler shoved in a 1/2" PVC coupler), with adult-sized stock, 6-way speedloader, stock dart barrel, [k25] inside, and 1/3" tube of epoxy-putty as reinforcement.

#308092 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 07 December 2011 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Barricon. I'm going to name it 'Barrie' after a young lady I once knew and pined for. Has feeding difficulties - I didn't know to shove the clip as far forward as I can, so I left the front nub that supports the turret. That 2mm is critical.

As you can see, it's a cut down LS stock. The beauty of this is that the LS stock can still be used, just with a lower profile a la' FA24's Lancer mod. It's held on with about 5 sticks of 4" x 0.45" hot glue, so it's as solid as an <idiom>.

This isn't the first instance of this implementation, either. pSyk did it a long while ago. Gluing the sawed off chunks of turret shroud was just a whim, and it looks pretty clean. Hm, given my .signature, maybe I should think of ways to fuglify it...

#297173 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 15 April 2011 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

Let's get this thing jumpstarted. Here's the SpritzSplat with a SorrowX Turret:

Posted Image

#297363 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 20 April 2011 - 04:31 PM in Modifications

Glued-barrel NF, modded in under 30 minutes. (And another day for the goop and plastic pipe cement to dry.)

Posted Image

No need to boil it, etc. In fact, I make use of the fact that it's glued together.

#258553 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 09 December 2009 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

My office. Yes, my boss knows.

Posted Image

All but the Recon are modded. For some reason, my coworkers don't want to get into a Nerf fight with me...

#259100 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 15 December 2009 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

Expand-a-Blast fun.

Looks stock (all right, with a mouse-pad-bedded barrel), right? (The zip-tie loop off the scope is for me to hang it off my arms rack in my office.)

Posted Image

Nope. It's got a breech. It's made out of OMC PETG and some copper tubing someone left me. The seal is almost perfect - it can vacuum-load the dart if it's dropped in the muzzle. The barrel is copper over the PETG, under the CS-6 shooter barrel, and the copper + orange barrel extends about 4" past the end of the PETG.

Posted Image

And and, what's better, it takes CS-6 clips. The breech is just a 270-degree rectangle filed out of the the copper pipe, By hand. Yes, this is a one-off. The top of the breech is wide enough to keep the clip in place. You can only load the clip with the breech closed - the PETG spreads the lips wide enough to seat properly.

Posted Image

It tends to shave about 1 in 20 darts or so. No ranges - it's good enough for Office Wars. Oh, and a parting shot of it ready to rock:

Posted Image

If you look at the screw hole, you'll see the CS-6's 'clip notch' is a perfect height to the rear edge of the magazine well. I just lucked out.

#260906 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 06 January 2010 - 03:39 AM in Modifications

Breeched 4B for Dummies. De-rattled, PETG barrel, ghetto breech. Unplugged pump.

Posted Image

Writeup here.

#251793 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 27 September 2009 - 12:49 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

NiteFinder with the standard mods: AR removal, re-sprung, plunger rod / handle / head reinforcement, added catch spring, and 2" of 17/32" shoved down the bore. There's enough room for 9/16" as well, hence the extend-a-barrel. Same as the SwitchShot, in other words. Only new addition are half-inch long rings of OMC/PETG over the lens adjustment arms.

Posted Image

The extend-a-barrel doesn't work for many Streamlines - they have some spilled over glue where the head meets the body. It works for stefans very nicely. It's made from the LongShot's extend-a-barrel. The end is filed down to mate with the NF's muzzle cleanly. Because of the PETG rings, it can't be mistaken for stock, unlike the SwitchShot.

The putty along the plunger rod and filling in the pull-handle is painted Traffic Orange, so it looks passably 'normal'. No paintjob planned - this is an office toy, nothing more.

#251594 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 25 September 2009 - 11:12 AM in Modifications

It's been quite quiet lately, so here's my contribution. More to come, but didn't want to flood.

Posted Image

It's a SwitchShot with the standard mods: AR removal, re-sprung, plunger rod / head reinforcement, added catch spring, and 2" of 17/32" shoved down the bore. There's enough room for 9/16" as well, hence the extend-a-barrel.

Posted Image

The barrel is removable, otherwise the blaster can't be separated from the lower receiver. It actually serves a purpose. The spring is 20# or so, enough to disengage the front catch when fired. The barrel helps keep the blaster from falling off when this happens.

Plunger rod reinforcing putty is painted Traffic Orange. When the NF is primed, the plunger rod looks 'stock', at least from enough distance to not catch the change in texture from putty to plastic. One of the goas is, aside from the extend-a-barrel, to keep the blaster looking as 'stock' as possible.

#237935 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 22 June 2009 - 02:40 AM in Modifications

YALPAM II - Longshot with two LSFGs side-integrated, controlled by a cable trigger.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#238084 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 22 June 2009 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

Valentine Clip

Until the Raider comes out, something to tide over those of us in the "quantity, not quality" school of mis-marksmanship.

Posted Image

#239052 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 28 June 2009 - 02:47 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

PistolTek 10 (still need to add barrels). Click on image for writeup to comment/query/flame.

#296883 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 30 March 2011 - 08:15 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Pump-replaced, tank-expanded UMB with an internal wye.

#274999 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 16 May 2010 - 09:47 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Drilled out AR, PETG barrel, bungee-ed. A straightened staple inserted across the diameter of the barrel serves as a dart-stop. The receiver has holes drilled into it for the bungee hooks, which are turned 180 degrees.

Darts are 1-1/4" long with 2 #6 washers. The NF is muzzle-loading, and a stick of hot glue makes a great ramrod. E-taped so it seats snugly in the ammo holder. The rest of it has some box tape around it so it doesn't get nicked up too badly. \

#293673 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 01 February 2011 - 12:01 AM in Modifications

My ' Two-Face' breeched TTG. Two-Face because one half of the shell is from blue-on-green mega-dart TTG and the other half is from the green-on-blue micro-dart TTG.

Plunger and catch springs replaced, plunger head seal tightened, stefan-length ammo holders added.

Posted Image

The Two-Face aspect is especially noticeable from the top:

Posted Image

#283952 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 25 August 2010 - 01:53 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Homemade lever trigger, spring in the pump handle to single-hand wield, and homemade low-angle hopper.

Two foot CPVC barrel. The breech end is reamed out with a pair of kitchen shears so it's nice and inviting, then percussed into the PVC wye. The blaster already came with a PVC coupler, so the PVC wye is a perfect fit. A coupler is solvent-welded to the magazine branch of the wye. On the field, this will likely be fed by a SpeedHopper.

#293407 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 26 January 2011 - 09:10 PM in Modifications

Nekkid double-barreled PulseStrike. Appx 6" of CPVC breech, appx 1' PVC business end.

Breech closed:

Posted Image

Breech opened:

Posted Image

The full monty (pre-breeching)

Posted Image

The business end:

Posted Image

Edit: WIP. Just for the lulz of it:

Posted Image

===

Edit: Edit: WiP. Trying to keep it looking stock, at least from the other side.

Posted Image

#282333 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 06 August 2010 - 04:48 PM in Modifications

Got more work done on my Cluster-Eff of a 4B:

Posted Image

Unsure if this is anything new / newsworthy, but what SublimeDom77 on IRC dubbed the SpeedHopper.

Topmost dart sometimes falls out of it. It also falls when I point the blaster above 45-degrees, but when would that happen?

===

Posted Image

MuttonChops' Chopper, lowest profile I can manage. I used 1" thinwall PVC on the outside to join it. It's tight enough to solvent weld holds it to the wye. More solvent weld to attach the elbow to the wye. I needed to wrap the 45-degree elbow in some e-tape to get it seat properly. That's not airtight, and I don't trust the solvent weld itself, so there's a ring of hot glue top and bottom.

Biggest win: bigger throat leading to the wye into which for the dart to fall. I prime it by moving the blaster back and forth - that's enough to jostle the dart into the wye, but I did have one misfeed. Maybe I had the blaster tilted slightly back when I was pumping it.

Ball valve on the back to load, with a ring of 1-1/4", with a 120-degree chunk cut out, to stabilize it. The wye + Chopper come off the blaster as one piece. The three-quarter 1-1/4" ring stays on the blaster. I guess it works as a sight. I just added it, so I'll have to see come next war.

===

Posted Image

Close-up of the connection. (Also, a ring of CPVC dart holders. Nothing special about that; I just wanted to explain the purple stuff (primer) in case anyone was wondering.)

===

There's a nub of PVC on the blaster that stays. The barrel detaches, so each wye is pretty much dedicated to its own magazine system.

#278241 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 21 June 2010 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

No, my trigger didn't break, but I wanted to see if I could retrofit a lever trigger to an old-style BBBB.

Posted Image

Extreme close-up:

Posted Image

Tools: Boltcutter, pliers, pipecutter.

Supplies: one wire handle from a medium binder clip, a #8 washer, 1/2" cpvc to serve as the fulcrum, 3/8" cpvc to block the binder clip wire, and a bit of crap foam to fill it up.

#293770 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by taerKitty on 02 February 2011 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

Dueling set of breeched TTGs.

Posted Image

===

Edit: Here's a for-the-lulz mod to increase the air volume from a Splat:

Posted Image

#297894 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by taerKitty on 06 May 2011 - 11:14 AM in Homemades

The GhetTurret:

Posted Image

Design goals:

• No exotic materials. Check. This thing is made out of 1/2" PVC, 1/2" CPVC, and a 1/2" CPVC coupler. It uses epoxy putty, super glue, and, of course, DUCT TAPE!

• No exotic tooling. Check. This thing requires rotary pipecutters, ratcheting pipecutters, rubber bands, a file, a hammer, and a ruler.

• Easy to make. Check. Even though the barrels are regularly spaced, it uses basic geometry to place them, so mis-aligning or offsetting barrels is very difficult.
And it's a drop turret, on top of that.

#304179 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by taerKitty on 01 September 2011 - 07:26 PM in Homemades

Not a weapon, but a mobstacle frame. I still need to add tarp sides.

Posted Image

Made from PVC EMT, hence the bell ends. They're also UV resistant, and a bit cheaper than PVC from plumbing at Home Depot. 5' per side, so it's big enough for a person to crouch behind, but not to 'stand and deliver'. Loops at each corner for tent stakes, so it doesn't become a sail or kite.

Collapses to 2.5' lengths of pipe for easy transport.

Posted Image

Costs me $8 for parts, 15 minutes to assemble, a minute to collapse and another minute to deploy. However, all the loose rope can easily become a Gordian knot, so it will have to be packed carefully.

#276859 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by taerKitty on 05 June 2010 - 01:18 AM in Homemades

My first homebrew blaster, the Snap-41A.

Posted Image

A few odds and ends to add onto it (such as a magazine), but the core unit is done.

#312257 Game Types and Rules for Nerf Wars

Posted by taerKitty on 02 March 2012 - 03:16 PM in General Nerf

Edit 2012-03-14: With respect to Langley's post below, all rounds are listed as 'tertiary' because we tend to do each round type at most once per war. This is per below:

I will leave the "tertiary" gametype option open if there is a game that is fun exactly once per war, or less.

They were previously listed as 'primary' rounds because they can be fun for the second time, depending on player preference (e.g. I'd much rather not play a round of Civil War at all, and would definitely object to a second one.) However, there are no additional costs for running them which was the qualifier for 'secondary' rounds per below:

Gametypes are listed as "secondary" if they generally require extra setup, extra length, extra rule explanation, and/or are extra tiring to play a lot.

In other words, there is nothing in the rounds below that prevent them from being played again, except for player preferences.

===

Medic

Variation of TDM

- Each team has a 'medic' who is armed with a melee weapon.

- Each team has a 'safe zone' wherein the medic cannot be killed.

- Outside the safe zone, the medic has one life.

- Game ends when medic is hit.

- When a player is hit, that player sits/lies down and does not move/shoot until 'revived'.

- The medic revives players on his team by touching them - we allow the melee weapon to revive as well.

- Optional, but recommended: set a timer. Whichever team has the most players still active (not waiting to be revived) wins.

Comments - if you're nailed out of sprinting distance from your medic's home zone, be prepared to sit out for a while. Without the timer, the game drags out with the medic never leaving the safe zone.

tertiary

===

Witch Doctor

Variation of TDM

- See rules for 'Medic' above, with one exception:

- The medic can revive players on either team - revived players join his team.

Comments - prepare to swap team indicators - carry both colours of flagging tape, etc. If your battleground is large, be prepared to sit out a while if you're shot in the middle of the field.

tertiary

===

TDMZ

Variation of TDM

- See rules for TDM, with following exceptions:

- Blasters are limited to those in a HvZ round. You'll be shooting ex-people who are trying to melee you.

- After player loses all three lives, he 'rises again' as a zombie and attacks any human player.

- Zombies cannot win, but at least they don't have to sit out the rest of the round.

- Zombie hits only take one life - they are not insta-turns.

- Set a time limit: at the end of the time limit, whichever team has the most players still alive wins (this is to keep the humans from banding together against the zombies.

tertiary

===

Hm, I didn't see Humans vs. Zombies (a.k.a. HvZ)

- Decide on blaster power limit - you'll be shooting (ex-)people trying to melee you.

- Round starts with one or a few zombies. The rest of the players are "humans".

- Zombies are only allowed to use melee weapons.

- Humans are only allowed to use blasters. This is so there is absolutely no confusion if a player is alive or undead.

- When shot, zombies go to the respawn point, one that is preferably well-stocked with melee weapons.

- When hit with a melee weapon or hand-to-hand, a player is 'turned' - go to the respawn point, grab a melee weapon.

- Optional: gun hits count as a hit. This is so humans do not attempt to melee.

- Optional but recommended: set a timer. If any humans are alive at the end of the interval, they win (read: survive.)

tertiary

Variation:

- Start with one zombie, the Master Zombie

- Humans who are within some preset distance of the Master Zombie are turned. No melee or h2h hit necessary.

Warning: You may get some disagreements as to if this human was that close to the Master Zombie. For this reason, I'm ranking it a secondary round.

===

Bomb Push

Variation of CTF

- Played with single flag.

- Each team has a 'base'.

- If the flag can be put in the opponent's 'base', the opponents lose (or have a point scored against them.)

tertiary

===

All of the above have been played at Dayko's Effeminate Wars. We've even played Civil War. Can't say I'm a fan.

Our Civil War rules
- Single-shot pistol only. 60' cap (flat range). Yes, angled shots will go further, as well as 'punching' your blaster.

- Shoot, take a step foward, reload, repeat until you're hit.

- If only one person on each team is left, it becomes one-life deathmatch

tertiary. We use it as a 'warm-up' round, usually after lunch break.

===

One I'll be trying at Effin 3.1 is T^2DMT - Turretted Team Death Match

(Disclaimer: not yet field-tested.)

Rules
- 3:15 TDM

- When you die, you take off your team indicator and sit down wherever you lost your third life. You are now a turret (in the common sense of the word - i.e. a gun emplacement).

- When someone is touching you with his hand (No foot, leaning on, etc.) you are 'activated'. Shoot at the other team. He doesn't need to aim you, though he can suggest targets.

- You reload automatically. During this time, your 'gunner' doesn't need to be touching you.

- When you run out of ammo, you'll need resupplying. Optionally, go 'click, click, click'. The person operating you can give you darts. You can reload yourself once you have darts.

- You can be upgraded. If someone wants to give you a better blaster, profit!

- BTW, you are also a 'meat shield'. It's fair for your 'gunner' to crouch behind you, etc. You can't dodge, but it's fair to move your hands to protect your face, nards, etc.

- You do take hits. If you (or your blaster) are hit, you are 'out of commission' for 15 seconds. Do the usual count-n-clear.

- If the gunner is not touching you, you're no longer 'activated' and don't shoot.

- A turret can be 'destroyed' if the player gets tired of being a meat shield and would rather sit out the rest of the round than participate in this fashion.

Why? So you still get to participate, albeit in a limited fashion.

tertiary, because it's an experiment.

===

Edit 2012-03-14, resumed: Lastly, I think some people are still not in agreement to what 'primary' means. Per below:

If a gametype is listed as "primary," it is flexible, fun, and can be played frequently throughout the day.

... we have no qualifier that a 'primary' round be play the majority of the day, just that it be played frequently. If someone's war has two rounds of Carpe, by the above, it qualifies as 'primary' even if it's only two rounds out of, say, ten.

#313905 Game Types and Rules for Nerf Wars

Posted by taerKitty on 03 April 2012 - 01:14 AM in General Nerf

So, reading the APOC 2009 thread, I saw mention of a few other game types, but have no idea how they're played:

- Attack & Defend

- Gorefest

#307979 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by taerKitty on 02 December 2011 - 02:47 AM in Modifications

Whoa, you quoted someone from 2005? That's probably the oldest quote I've yet seen.

Back on topic - I never saw brass in HD. Brass can be found at hobby stores, ACE Hardware, and Amazon.

CPVC pipe is sometimes in different places based on the HD store. I've been to three or four, and it's usually near the PVC, but in one it's the next aisle over, so it's not visible if you're in the PVC aisle. It's always next to the copper in all the stores I've visited, though.

Have you tried asking?