Y-Brik's Content

There have been 145 items by Y-Brik (Search limited from 02-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#321058 "Freehand" Molded Silicone Domes

Posted by Y-Brik on 26 August 2012 - 02:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

How do you recommend drilling the dome molds? Is there a specific bit for it?

#286397 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Y-Brik on 01 October 2010 - 11:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm still in, sans friends.
Oh, and if the U3 could bring 2 spare hunks of clear 1/2" PVC and some wyes for a certain yBrik, that'd be great.

#286535 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Y-Brik on 03 October 2010 - 10:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Effeminate war!

+Having 2 Stampedes on the field (And do well too! I was glad to be on their team).
+Ring-around-the-treesie (Ended with one of them Stampedes)
+Eliminator with Stampede shield- the greatest in the sub-optimal category
+ Meeting up with my buddies from Cataclysm
+Here's the deal- Wendys was great!
+Used the hell outta my +Bow
+Chronographs are not only neat- they're 133.7!!
+Got 2 legit wyes and clear PVC for less than I expected to pay
+Everyone being cool (Not just because of the weather) about the relocation
+BIGGEST WAR in the region! Woot!

-Relocation.
-Gun breakage. Thank God I brought my electric screwdriver
-Cold and windy! Grab the mobstacles!!
-Lost 80% of my darts
-In-game dart failure. Liquid nails does NOT work on stefans, you hear me Sluggy?
-Had to leave early

#283735 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Y-Brik on 22 August 2010 - 08:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Given no weird scheduling shit I'm so in, with 2+ friends.

#297318 A new style Pump-action SNAP

Posted by Y-Brik on 19 April 2011 - 04:22 PM in Homemades

Beautiful. May I ask where you happened to find 1 and 1/2" thinwall pvc? If I can get my hands on some of that, I will have to make one of these.

I got mine at Do It Best; they have online ordering with free shipping to your nearest store- go here. It's $4-ish for 10' with no shipping hassles or driving to numerous Ace's to search for the stuff.

#280123 A Quick Question

Posted by Y-Brik on 12 July 2010 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

4.5" is really small for such a large plunger as the 3B; I recommend trying longer barrels (My [k26] 3B has a 12"). A spring addition/replacement is ideal, and definitely double check the seal- both on the plunger head and also on the joint where the PT meets the coupler part.

#285071 Alpha Trooper Air Restrictor Removal

Posted by Y-Brik on 08 September 2010 - 06:45 AM in Modifications

[/quote]
I have heard that some people use cut down [k26] springs in their raiders. Since the alpha trooper is just a reshelled raider that would probly work.
[/quote]
No. [k26] doesn't fit in any of the Recons (Such a shame...). RFSG springs, however, do.

#305034 Alpha Trooper help

Posted by Y-Brik on 26 September 2011 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

The catch isn't working obviously, so maybe the piece under the catch isn't clipped in the right place?

No, the Slamfire piece is right, it's definitely the lock/hold-it-forward issue. fyi, before closing it up again it's worth doinf the spring compression mod- a duct tape ring that makes the spring hit full compression when cocked.

#305012 Alpha Trooper help

Posted by Y-Brik on 26 September 2011 - 08:07 AM in Modifications

When it's together, try holding the slide all the way forward. Slamfire blasters have this little side effect- the breech must be ALL the way forward for the little slam-fire-y bit to work. Want to not have to worry about it? See that lock just to the right of the barrel cover? Put it back.

This was a hunch based on what you gave us, remember 1. NH does NOT like spoon feeding info, and 2. if you're going to ask for help you may want to to get the actual firing mechanism in the picture!!
EDIT- the important picture seems to have a broken link

#303441 Ammo counter

Posted by Y-Brik on 17 August 2011 - 01:19 AM in Modifications

On the topic of micro controllers, Texas Instruments is selling its launchpad microcontroller with interface and IDE for $4.30! The controller is a 14 pin Dual Inline Package (Read- can fit in a AA battery), C-programmable, and looks to be great for our low-power, low-skill, low-cost application.
//Slight off-topic- TI also makes a programmable, wireless watch with accelerometers. Could this be used in a high-tech nerf gun? Possibly, probably not, but it's cool.

#303125 Ammo counter

Posted by Y-Brik on 09 August 2011 - 07:21 PM in Modifications

This would be so much fun, but I think it'd be much more cost effective if it was worked out in Medium-scale integration instead of on a pricey microcontroller. Excellent work putting more electronics into nerf than just lights and lazors!

#295890 Awno 2.5 - War On The 26th Of March.

Posted by Y-Brik on 12 March 2011 - 04:06 PM in Nerf Wars

OOH OOH OOOH! War! I'm in, possiblyy with guests. Noodle wantsa carpool?

#295919 Awno 2.5 - War On The 26th Of March.

Posted by Y-Brik on 13 March 2011 - 12:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Ybrik what about me? I'm a maybe as of now.

Sure, long as you don't mind chipping in for gas.

EDIT: I can probably cram another nerfer or 2 in the car; put me down as definite/likely + guest(s)

#296484 Awno 2.5 - War On The 26th Of March.

Posted by Y-Brik on 23 March 2011 - 10:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like Cheerios fell through; Im still wheedling the powers that be to let me go. If I make it I'll be bringing at least 1 friend.
EDIT- I have the green light! I'm a definite with at least 1 friend, checking around to see if more want to go. I'm low on darts though...

#294581 Barrel Material For Stock Micros

Posted by Y-Brik on 16 February 2011 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

Would it be best to leave the stock barrel in a Nite-Finder or replace it with some other material?
I have CPVC and PVC to replace it with, as well as a drill to bore out pipes if need be.

CPVC it. If you don't know how, check out our fantastic mods directory. End of story.

#294600 Barrel Material For Stock Micros

Posted by Y-Brik on 16 February 2011 - 10:37 PM in Modifications

Don't bother, if you're shooting stock ammo just chamfer the edge. I use the serrated edge on my pocket knife to give a smooth curve, or a Dremel, or an X-acto. You want a tight-ish fit for springers, remember.

#296387 Brocken Ls Plunger Tube

Posted by Y-Brik on 21 March 2011 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

I can sell you a LS PT; PM me

#298414 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Y-Brik on 22 May 2011 - 05:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Hooray for the beginning of nerfing weather!
Pros:
+Everyone was awesome
+Meeting BrokenSVT and Kid Flash- both are cool dudes
+My RCP performed beautifully all day- now if only I could aim....
+Water and (almost) toads as alternative ammo
+2-minute 4B mod with a Leatherman
+Culvers- om nom nom
+Seeing some awesome blasters
+Getting some tacticool blasters
+Minimum rain- it turned into a nice day!
+Hanging out w/ Noodleownz on the trek south
+PINK FOAM

Cons:
-Double Headshot (what does it mean??)
-Ticks
-Skeeters
-Sunburn, humidity
-Getting shot in the forehead 4 times throughout the war
-tired
-very overgrown field- killed dart recovery
-Nobody had enough bullets!!
-High RoF means high reload times
-Iron Man Magstrike
-Getting pinned down by an AT multiple times

Fantastic war!

#297317 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Y-Brik on 19 April 2011 - 04:15 PM in Nerf Wars

hellz yeah! Will do my best to be there; likely with friends.

#314417 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Y-Brik on 15 April 2012 - 09:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Aww yeeah! I'm in!

#282391 Chano 3.5

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 August 2010 - 11:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Gonna check my work schedule today (it's too short notice to request off so here's hoping I get lucky!), and if the stars align I'm totally there, possibly with 1-3 friends!
EDIT: Go figure, the one day that week I work is smack in the middle of the war. So it looks like I'm out for the 14th. 21st anyone?

#288422 Check-skirt

Posted by Y-Brik on 15 November 2010 - 12:05 AM in Homemades

Interesting concept, though in need of minimization (I'm sure you're already working on it). Honestly, I haven't had a ton of problems with this on my +bow (choppered)- I have a CPVC dart guide to avoid vac-jamming, and if I do feel a vacuum in the PT I just open the ball valve a hair to equalize pressure.

#292096 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 02 January 2011 - 06:57 PM in Homemades

My first snap relied on hotglue. That didnt even last a whole war. My next attempt involved zipties, which I recommended for strength, and later I swapped them out for a screw and washer to hold the bracket on with.

#288354 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 13 November 2010 - 02:44 PM in Homemades

EDIT- totally put this in the wrong place; sorry

#283752 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 22 August 2010 - 03:03 PM in Homemades

While padding the plunger head isn't a bad idea, the worst failures I have ever had with the 3 snaps I made are failures in bonds, not in the PVC material. Also, the coupler/bushing setup found on most snaps seems far more resilient than the single reducing fitting on your (very interesting) harpoon gun.

#293132 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 19 January 2011 - 10:06 PM in Homemades

Use a 1.25" endcap, lop off the connecting part (you only need the back), drill a hole in the middle to accommodate the plunger rod/endcap, and sand the hell out of it until you have a nice smooth catchface. It's a superlative with the durability of a preeminent. I feel like I said this before....

EDIT: I misspoke, I meant catchRAMP. My Snap uses a PVC catchramp attached to a metal washer for the catchface. Basically take the Superlative and replace epoxy putty with PVC.

#288075 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 November 2010 - 09:53 AM in Homemades

Here's the simplest definition I can think of:
A SNAP does not use a flat, vertical catch plate, but rather a pin contacting the plunger (rod or head), mounted on a clothespin trigger.
-The exclusion of a flat vertical cath plate rules out both Rainbow and Plusbow.
-The statement 'A pin contacting the plunger' is accurate with the CPT2 because, well, it does. It just adds a cradle to improve the catch surface area.

#293154 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 20 January 2011 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

The clothespin is deceptive- a well made Snap will not misfire. As far as I can tell, both catches are as strong as they would need to be. So, no real difference.

#293083 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 18 January 2011 - 08:11 PM in Homemades

Just make sure you mount the bushing well- either with screws or PVC cement. That said, SNAPS are built like tanks and either way works (Mine is stopped by the rear- with a rubber washer between endcap and priming handle)

#295533 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 March 2011 - 09:09 PM in Darts and Barrels

I know my local Hobby Lobby sells craft foam in 2mm (standard) and 3mm(THICK) varieties (It's like a 12/18 sheet for $1) if you want more padding, though I feel the 2mm should suffice.
I love this idea, methinks we have a true evolution of the Slug (and homemade dart in general) here.

#294824 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Y-Brik on 21 February 2011 - 01:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Hooray for wars! I'm in as a likely

#324859 Dremel Recommendations

Posted by Y-Brik on 28 December 2012 - 11:58 PM in Modifications

I use This One, which I got at Target for ~$30. It's served me well for years. Totally compatible with all Dremel brand stuff.

#289853 Forget This

Posted by Y-Brik on 03 December 2010 - 12:33 AM in Modifications

Welcome to the Haven, remember that self sufficiency is KING here- you will get to know the search function, the various directories, and if all else fails, the IRC (Search it- its good practice!) very well. Posting new threads for questions that can be answered in under 5 min of searching usually result in snide answers (like Philly's), and possibly disciplinary action- don't get yourself axed!
Also, nobody here really uses the emoticons, so don't amplify the newbishness.
Again, welcome to the Haven, don't get yourself kicked out again.

#298420 Grenade Launcher

Posted by Y-Brik on 22 May 2011 - 09:28 PM in Homemades

Cool story bro. FYI, we like pics over a wall of text.
EDIT: missed the 'PS'

#286182 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Y-Brik on 27 September 2010 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

Responding to question:
Home depot has CPVC. Ask someone or look harder. In my store it's stacked vertically next to the copper pipe. You need CPVC if you want to fire stefans; I don't think anyone has done a PVC singled LS. Oh, and judging by your post quality, the LS may not be the gun for you to mod. Have you even opened the thing? Is it your first mod? If the answers are what I think they are, forget it. Go get a 4B or a NF and learn before you try such a complex mod.

#289056 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Y-Brik on 27 November 2010 - 08:57 AM in Modifications

Have you ever held a gyroscope? They have this funny property of not wanting to be moved, so they cut down on the movement the gun goes through, theoretically making it more stable and accurate. Megaprops for building this Mega, but I get the feeling this is a high-work low-payoff sorta build.
EDIT: @Nerfer91's sig- It's the SEARS Tower dammit, the SEARS tower!

#312695 Habitat for Humanity

Posted by Y-Brik on 10 March 2012 - 10:24 PM in Off Topic

Pay for it yourself.

Good to know the Internet hasn't changed

Louie- This is a great thing you're doing, you have my respect and prayers. I do think, however, that going to IN is a bit unnecessary- there's plenty of places locally that need the help just as much (chicago- nuff said) while redirecting funds from gas to...you know...helping people. I hope your school will consider that on its next trip.

#294841 Happy 17th!

Posted by Y-Brik on 21 February 2011 - 06:16 PM in Off Topic

69?
Happy birthday Jake!

#300189 Happy Birthday To WicketTheModder619

Posted by Y-Brik on 19 June 2011 - 11:53 PM in Off Topic

I'll bite. Happy birthday Wicket, may your cake not be a lie!

#291823 Has Anybody Tried To Shorten The Stroke Of A Stampede?

Posted by Y-Brik on 29 December 2010 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Seeing as voltage mods up the ROF to the max allowed by CS-style blasters, I see little point in this, especially since it decreases range in the process. I'd stick with the "spring, seal, and voltage mods".