reversedracula's Content

There have been 163 items by reversedracula (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#86285 Home Theater Projectors

Posted by reversedracula on 01 August 2006 - 10:58 PM in Off Topic

Thanks for the advice, I'll gladly listen to any other anyone has to offer as well. :P

#86193 Home Theater Projectors

Posted by reversedracula on 31 July 2006 - 04:16 PM in Off Topic

Thanks guys, though I think nerfer34 misunderstood me, as I'm not talking about TVs but a stand-alone projector. it's going to be pretty sweet when I point this one-pound baby at the ceiling and watch TV/play gamecube laying down in bed looking up. :-P In other news, the UPS man should be arriving momentarily with my other A/V purchase... an external TV-tuner for my laptop... yay portable console games!

#86044 Think Geek!

Posted by reversedracula on 30 July 2006 - 12:15 AM in Off Topic

They used to have blastfire DX500s for sale back in the day on ThinkGeek. Ahh, to be young again.

#86037 Home Theater Projectors

Posted by reversedracula on 29 July 2006 - 11:16 PM in Off Topic

What types of games, and what system are you using the projector for?

Meiser--- :)

I'll probably be using everything from the NES to the next gen wii likely. It will be console games primarily.

#85968 Home Theater Projectors

Posted by reversedracula on 28 July 2006 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

Hey guys. I'm looking into buying either an LCD or DLP home projector for some gaming. I'm opposed to LCD projectors because of picture quality degradation. I think a DLP is really the way to go and I don't think the so called "rainbow effect" from it is a big issue. I was wondering if anyone has or knows some friends with a home projector and could help me decide if I'm making a good decision. I want to get a portable (one pound) DLP style projector that's powered by a series of LEDs instead of the usual bulb that burns out after a few thousand hours. Theoretically, i should never have to replace anything. On the Mitsubishi site, they say that the projector they have produces 250 lux, which, for the size of the projection throw they recommend translates into about 110 lumens. Most standard bulb projectors with bulbs that die have about 1000 lumens. Can anyone help me decide if this is a good buy at $700 bucks? There's a brighter version from Toshiba but it costs like #1,800. Here are some specs and general info if there are any other A/V Nerfers out there who would like to consult with me. Thanks!

http://www.mitsubish...etprojector.pdf

http://www.mitsubish...proj_pocket.asp

#85882 All I Wanted Was A Pepsi...

Posted by reversedracula on 27 July 2006 - 03:47 PM in News

Nice Suicidal Tendencies reference in the thread title. Institutionalized is one of my favorite of their songs.

#68679 Crossbow

Posted by reversedracula on 02 December 2005 - 12:28 AM in General Nerf

You'd be amazed what people will buy. At least it's somewhat useful in a game with one's friends. I Nerf weekly with 20-30 people for a good five hours. A sixty dollar investment in that sort of activity isn't that unreasonable. It's still loads cheaper than playing paintball or such. Additionally, working as a rare book dealer, I can safely assure you that people pay all sorts of insane prices for things that seem sort of everyday. People collect all manner of everything, including Nerf guns. First editions or rare copies of various books go for hundreds and thousands of dollars, and often the books are only a few decades old and only barely different from reprinted copies. I'm sure it's the same with stamps, baseball cards, and whatever else people collect. At least a powerful toy gun has more practical utility than collections of things that just sit around collecting dust, but then, if that sort of thing gives people a powerful positive aesthetic force, I'm not really in a position to judge one compulsive hobby over another.

#68672 Crossbow

Posted by reversedracula on 01 December 2005 - 08:45 PM in General Nerf

I've seen crossbows at 120 or so before on e-bay. 60 bucks isn't so bad. It's no worse than buying an N-Strike and a half.

#68585 Need Help On Blastfire

Posted by reversedracula on 29 November 2005 - 08:27 PM in General Nerf

Make sure you're pulling the trigger all the way back. Some guns are sensitive that way about advancing barrels. I once had a similar problem. Good luck.

#68447 Strongest Adhesive

Posted by reversedracula on 27 November 2005 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

I was wondering what everyone's favorite type of adhesive and sealant is for Nerf weapons. I've been trying plumber's goop, E6000, Household Welder, Gorilla Glue, plastic cement for models, hot glue, various epoxies. What does everyone recommend to get the strongest seal and adhesion? The reason I ask is because my friend did a smashing job of sticking a PVC barrel inseperably to the head of an old supersoaker XP65. I've been trying to put a similar barrel replacement on by big bad bow, but to no great effect. I get a good seal and adhesion, but the barrel always seems to snap off from the side at the slightest angular pressure. Anyone have any recommendations for glues to try or things to do differently? Thanks.

#67089 Minibosses

Posted by reversedracula on 03 November 2005 - 09:02 PM in Off Topic

A good friend of mine runs/owns MAGfest. I highly recommend going.

#66905 Air Tech 4000

Posted by reversedracula on 01 November 2005 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

I haven't opened an AT4k in nearly a year. The little gray part is very delicate and broke on mine. I'll try to get you a picture next month (if I remember) when I get to where the gun is. Is the problem with the spring wound in the gray thing? You have to thread the tip of it through the gray part. In terms of that little roundish, slightly oblong thing that goes in over the larger gray part with the coil... it has a very special way for it to fit snugly and it's not likely to fit very well. I eventually had to replace various parts with nails and lots of strong adhesives and... it still doesn't quite work. I'll work on it when I'm home from school at winter break. Good luck, PM me again if you need help. Sorry I can't be any or lucid on this issue.

#62562 Zero's Site

Posted by reversedracula on 25 August 2005 - 10:54 PM in Off Topic

Perhaps a more fitting name for the site would be Foam ReModified. Those pictures make me think of Groove's DbF with the "Swedish foam".

#48547 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by reversedracula on 03 March 2005 - 01:10 AM in General Nerf

I almost always use my copper barreled SuperMaxx 3000 blue with a nice strap to sling it over my shoulder or to drop gently and go for either the AirTech2000s or Nite Finders or tri-barrel modded Secret Shots from side holsters if I want to fight with two weapons. I used to mix things up more, but that's pretty much my standard, primarily because I get all the joys of a rapid fire (my SM3k magically, strangely is fully primed after a single pump) with none of the loss in accuracy that a powerclip or rapid 20 bring to the game.

#43618 Nooo, Dimebag Darrell!

Posted by reversedracula on 09 December 2004 - 04:17 PM in Off Topic

Pantera is my favorite band. This is a sad day for music. I'll be listening to their entire catalog all day, with the lights off. Did some pouring out of libations last night/this morning at 4AM.

#42776 Pc Idea

Posted by reversedracula on 28 November 2004 - 12:28 PM in Modifications

Here are some more fun powerclip ideas. The war between Tony2Nice and CheekyMunky makes me laugh my ass off. Best use of the powerclip I've ever seen in a while.

http://forums.fark.c...?IDLink=1230432

#41611 True Self Expression

Posted by reversedracula on 14 November 2004 - 12:27 AM in Off Topic

"What are the differences stylistically between International and World Federation?"

To answer this question about tae kwon do a bit later in the thread than I would've liked because I've been busy, mostly the differences are in the forms, patterns whatever you desire to call them. The ITF style is more traditional and the WTF considers itself more "modern."

#41405 True Self Expression

Posted by reversedracula on 11 November 2004 - 02:11 AM in Off Topic

I've done tae kwon do and hap ki do for a bit over a decade now. I do ITF style moreso than WTF tae kwon do. The type of hap ki do is the sin moo variety under Grandmaster Ji Han Jae... I have a bit of knowledge of a few other arts, but only a bit.

#33824 Feelings About High School

Posted by reversedracula on 12 August 2004 - 05:17 PM in Off Topic

Peer pressure is stupid. You just end up buying crap you don't need or really care about, getting in trouble with drinking or paying through your nose for cancer sticks. Don't follow a trend unless you actually like it. Don't give in to peer pressure. Apart from doing enough to fit in to society enough to not be bothered by it, giving in to peer pressure is a great sign of insecurity and wimping out. Be a proud social deviant... just like everybody else.

#33816 At4000

Posted by reversedracula on 12 August 2004 - 02:47 PM in Modifications

The rotator can go back in at many angles/notches. You have to make sure you get it on the right notch/thread that metal part and screw the gray cap on tight. If you continue to use it with it's constant rotation that's put together incorrectly, it'll likely break the plastic collumn that the rotator rests on. It's a difficult repair, but I can talk you through it... The trickiest part of putting the black part of rotator back on this that the little shark fin thing has to go down into a little notch. It's difficult to notice, but you have to push it down past the surface of the black outer part it sits inside. The part that turns the rotator is what has to be at correct angle. It is gray if I remember correctly. It's shaped like an egg and has to be pointed with the oblong part of the egg pointing up, I THINK. Make sure you get the screw on tight. It's a finnicky rotator but even if you destroy it, keep all the parts and I can talk you through repair. Good luck.

#33789 Buy Maxshot Online

Posted by reversedracula on 12 August 2004 - 12:21 AM in General Nerf

That's ten pounds. that's like 18 bucks and a quarter or so.

#33778 At4000

Posted by reversedracula on 11 August 2004 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

If you can describe the piece, I may be able to help you from memory... chances are it's that little black or gray thing on the back that's above the rod and near the trigger... or it's the black thing that has to do with the rotator. Describe your problem with greater clarity or post a picture and circle what's wrong in paint or something and I'll help you out.

#33710 Feelings About High School

Posted by reversedracula on 10 August 2004 - 09:13 PM in Off Topic

Don't be afraid to make friends. Don't feel you need to be in with the "cool crowd." Get en route to a good college if you can or start focusing on a trade if you don't care about academics too much. We had a kid at my college who came homeschooled all his life, I reiterate: just don't be afraid to meet new people... keep in touch via instant messenger... and don't worry about gossip generallly, unless it's a really small school. Get involved in any activities you like. If they only offer stupid ones, start your own. Good luck!

#33687 How Long Has That Links Section Been Coming Soon?

Posted by reversedracula on 10 August 2004 - 05:29 PM in Site Feedback

Did anyone catch the license plate on that awe that just struck me? It is taking great willpower to restrain from adding my own laughing out loud acronym, but I'll refrain from such an egregious transgression at this juncture.

#33580 New Target Exclusive Air Tech 2000 Twin Pack

Posted by reversedracula on 09 August 2004 - 04:36 PM in General Nerf

So is this the "exclusive" rerelease we were hearing about earlier in the year from our Hasbro pilgrims? Shall we not expect to see the Powerclip rereleased as a... what was it expected to be? K-Mart exclusive? Let me know if you have any info or thoughts on this.

#33558 Airtech 2000 Rereleased, Pics!

Posted by reversedracula on 08 August 2004 - 11:18 PM in General Nerf

If you overpump your gun after plugging that air release valve, it will make a cool sound... once. Then it won't do much else. Just a warning.

#32573 New Ipod

Posted by reversedracula on 29 July 2004 - 02:12 AM in Off Topic

I just use my laptop... it only gets six hours of battery life, but it's got a decent harddrive. :D Granted, it's not as compact on the go, but I'm not exactly one who listens to music on the go. I'd rather think or listen to the world. To each his own. As for CDs, they're dirt cheap/can be procured for next to nothing or nothing from friends, etc.

#32564 New Ipod

Posted by reversedracula on 29 July 2004 - 12:00 AM in Off Topic

My CD player never skips. It's covered in about 300 dollars in cash I saved from not buying an iSuck.

#32457 Dbf Update

Posted by reversedracula on 27 July 2004 - 07:09 PM in News

Wonderful satire! I should just amalgamate a bunch of random guns using duct tape. Or maybe I could try to integrate a crossbow and a splitfire. Man, that'd be an awful idea. I can't imagine anyone who'd even think of doing something like that... :P

#32159 Please Help, I Really Suck

Posted by reversedracula on 23 July 2004 - 12:00 AM in General Nerf

You're either with us, or you're with the trollerists.

#32084 I Got A Nerf Gun!

Posted by reversedracula on 22 July 2004 - 12:41 PM in Off Topic

Please don't feed the trolls, guys. It's much easier to wait for an admin. I know sometimes it's difficult to determine whether someone's a troll or just stupid, but just don't reply to anything puerilely inflamatory.

#31881 George Petty Pinup Cosmetic Mod

Posted by reversedracula on 20 July 2004 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

I put the shiny red Atari stickers that came from my UT2k4 game on my BBB. And I write cool words in Russian in Sharpee all over my PVC on my guns. I'm as cool as Groove... really. ;) *sniffle*

#31545 George Petty Pinup Cosmetic Mod

Posted by reversedracula on 17 July 2004 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

It's wrong when I get the same feeling when I ogle the duct tape on some of my guns... right? :P All joking aside, that's a pukka painting on that crossbow. Excellent work. Just don't lose any more chick-fil-a cups in with your paint supplies.

#31124 The Michael Moore Movie

Posted by reversedracula on 13 July 2004 - 10:28 PM in Off Topic

We may disagree on politics, but we certainly agree on the decrease in the quality of Will Smith's sci-fi films... and in the end, isn't that what really matters, my Iron Chef friend? :lol:

#31113 The Michael Moore Movie

Posted by reversedracula on 13 July 2004 - 08:30 PM in Off Topic

I think Ray Bradbury, author of Fahrenheit 451 said it best: "Michael Moore is a screwed asshole."

http://www.worldnetd...RTICLE_ID=38776

Long live science fiction! On a serious note though, I can't help but think this crappy I, Robot film "based on" the Asimov book is going to suck more than a positron brain imbalance and prove significantly more detrimental to the sci-fi/fantasy community. Bush/Cheney '04. Bradbury '08!

#30392 Lan Games

Posted by reversedracula on 05 July 2004 - 01:16 PM in Off Topic

I recommend eight player Halo CTF or UT2k4 Onslaught/CTF/Assualt/UT2k4 has such a sweet sytem it doesn't matter LAN parties. The problem with Halo maps is that they are either too small or too large. It takes forever to play Blood Gulch or Sidewinder without vehicles. UT2k4 fixed this problem in Olslaught because you never respawn at a power node under attack, always respawn at one you control that isn't at the back of the damn map (unless that's the only node you control) and allows for teleportation between power nodes. Vehicles are powerful, but not so much as to not be countered by an ArVIL. You can't steal vehicles right away and assault the base, but can if the enemy discards them. In summation, a much more combat-oriented system rather that ridge-loser camping the bamf point and the running playing the bunnyhop. Halo's still fun though on the LAN, but UT is amazing.

#30211 Hey Look Here

Posted by reversedracula on 02 July 2004 - 02:59 PM in Nerf Wars

27 years from now, this forum is going to go to Hell faster than a greased demon on roller-skates.

#30186 Session 11 - "toys In The Attic" (with Pics)

Posted by reversedracula on 02 July 2004 - 12:29 PM in Off Topic

That's an awesome session. I did the same thing with a plastic milk jug on campus last semester. You know of course that I'm at least as obsessed with bebop as you are, if not moreso. :) That picture with the hazard rod is quite risible. Rock on, man. I'm proud to call you friend.

#30165 Aim Hacks

Posted by reversedracula on 02 July 2004 - 12:11 AM in Off Topic

Get deadaim from www.oldversion.com and an old version of AIM too, if you don't already have deadaim. Set transparency to 100%. You may notice a weird IM noise once in a while, but they'll stop bothering you altogether.

#30127 Bbb Mod I Need One

Posted by reversedracula on 01 July 2004 - 07:39 PM in Modifications

This is a valid thread. One of the links is broken and the other two aren't all that detailed. I recently got a BBB and shoved 3 inches of copper into the stock barrel and used it to fire microdarts. Then I coated it with goop. It fires stock micros as far as my nite finders without bands. Anyone have a better mod? (one for stock ammo).