CustomSnake202's Content

There have been 476 items by CustomSnake202 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#66163 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 20 October 2005 - 05:25 PM in Modifications

Alright, I guess I'll dump my load off here. Sorry for some of the crappy pics, a year or two back I wasn't able to take a decent photograph for some reason.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#107409 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 24 May 2007 - 02:25 PM in Modifications

Due to an upcoming war, I decided to increase the fire power of my BBB. I took my old Airtech 2000 shotgun and gooped it to the bottom of the BBB. I was kind of going for a M-16/M-4 grenade launcher setup. I know the barrel is tan long, but I'm not quite finished with a new white barrel, which is shorter and has holes drilled in it to create a silencer effect (purely cosmetic).

Posted Image

#261756 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 13 January 2010 - 11:29 PM in General Nerf

The Deploy is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Could be because I haven't even seen a recon in real life. I like the way it unfolds at the push of a button. It really does remind me of that Magpul Portable TMP that Onyx posted a few days ago. The one important thing that I noticed was the spring. It seems that the Deploy has one long spring that powers the plunger and also pushes the stock out when it makes the transition from stealth mode to blaster mode. Also, every time the person shoots the gun in the video, it looks like the spring jiggles around in the gun and is not compressed at all. If that's the case, the gun is losing a lot of power. It looks like we need to replace the spring with something just a bit more powerful (and that is actually compressed all the time) to get some decent ranges.

Thanks for the video kevin and ice. You guys were able to satisfy my desire for more news on the Deploy.

#260834 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 05 January 2010 - 08:26 PM in General Nerf

I think that, when folded, it looks like a P-90

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks like just a few modifications will allow the gun to fire when it is folded up. I might need to get this gun and do a P-90 mod.

Thanks for the information and pictures kevin.

#34782 Titan Mod

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 21 August 2004 - 08:09 PM in Modifications

Nice mod ompa. I didn't even see this thread at first. There's so many damn topics entitled "Titan" or "N-Strike" these days. 180'?! Now that rules. I need to get my hands on one of these sets, it just looks too good to pass up. Anyway, awesome job opma, for the whole N-Strike line. Modding three guns in that short time can really take it out of you.

#65132 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 05 October 2005 - 08:27 PM in Homemades

Bolt, I have a feeling that you will never stop this madness. I have never seen a homemade spring pistol that fires mircros or stefan darts, and this being the first attempt that I've seen is just amazing. The final look is very clean and appealing. The rail system to attach a light is also a great option. What gets to me most is the crazy intricate details of the trigger mechanism and the catch for the plunger.

Once again, great work Bolt, your skills scare me sometimes.

#62993 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 03 September 2005 - 07:13 PM in Homemades

That's a perfect idea for a grenade. I've seen a lot of designs out there, but this is the first one that actually has been proven to work and not require picking up multiple items besides the darts, like film canisters, springs, and other things like that. If I see some of those frisbees, I'll pick a few up and integrate them into my next war. Great idea Renegade.

#65316 New Version Bbb Mod

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 08 October 2005 - 12:58 PM in Modifications

The BBB can shoot an arrow up to 40', but its really only good up to 30'.

#65313 New Version Bbb Mod

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 08 October 2005 - 12:35 PM in Modifications

The barrel is 10.5 inches long. Now that you mention it, it is kind of long. I may shorten it.

#65308 New Version Bbb Mod

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 08 October 2005 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

I just recently received my Big Bad Bow from amazon.com and am very pleased. I have heard many different sides to the BBB, either being very good in range or very poor (Ompa's BBB's being the prime source of that information). This being my first BBB, I was very hopeful that it would give me some decent ranges in exchange for a nice price tag of $20 + shipping. So I am telling you right now, I did not get extraordinary ranges, but I did not get very poor ones either. I am very pleased with the BBB after a simple barrel mod has been done. And this is what I did:

First, take that nice piece of plastic out of the box and take in her beauty. Next, remove the ten screws at the front of the gun to access the barrel assembly. This is what the front end of the gun will look like without it's shell:
Posted Image

If you are not an idiot like I am, you won't hesitate saving the two orange nubby poles with their springs on the side of the gun. This is what actually keeps the gun cocked, something I did not know and almost threw away vital pieces.

Next, remove the barrel at the front, simply by pulling it apart from the rest of the plunger. Inside, you find these goodies:
Posted Image

That pesky air restrictor lies inside the barrel of the gun to greatly decrease range. Take the pole, spring, and circular restrictor out and throw them away. **Note that I do not have the small piece of the air restrictor that was at the very tip of the barrel. Before I even opened the gun, I sawed off about an inch off the barrel, hoping that I would not need to open the gun. If you choose to open the gun and get all of the air restricting material out, you will still need to either dremel or cut off the very tip of the barrel. There are four grooves at the tip that will not allow another barrel to fit inside.

After all the air restricting material has been removed and the tip of the barrel has been cut, you now have many differet options. You can wrap tape around 9/16 brass and wedge it down the barrel, add a 1/2 inch pvc coupler to accept a plethora of different barrels, add a crayola, or other various methods. Because I did not have any strong glue to bond a pvc coupler, I took another route. I took a piece of SCH 80 and wedged a 1 1/2 inch piece of 9/16 brass partially in the SCH and the rest sticking out to adapt to the original BBB barrel. I realize how short I left the original barrel and probably should of left more, but I can't go back now.

IMPORTANT EDIT CONCERNING BARREL MATERIAL
I initially used a very unique barrel setup, with the SCH 80 and brass and all. Disregard this barrel setup. Use about 8 inches of 9/16 brass or other barrel material that fits your darts.

With all the above stated and a white paintjob done, this is what I got:
Posted Image

Night shot:
Posted Image

I used Krylon Fusion paint for the first time on a gun, and am very pleased with the results. Being a beginner at painting, there are some rough spots and purple showing where the gun slides back, but I still love its appearance.

Now for some ranges. To get things straight, I will show you what I consider a level shot, and an angled shot.

Level shot:
Posted Image

Angled shot:
Posted Image

Now, back to the ranges (All the following was tested with 12 inches of 9/16 brass). With Dylan's leveled shot®, I am able to achieve an average of 90.83'. With Dylan's angled shot®, I am able to get an average of 92.40. All shots were tested with a 1 1/2 inch tight-fitting stefan dart. All measurements were based off of the heel-to-toe method. My shoes are 11.5 inches long. I measure by taking the number of steps multiplied by 11.5, then dividing my answer by twelve. For future reference, this is how I measure all of my ranges.

In conclusion, I love the BBB. I have always dreamed of getting one, and I highly recommend purchasing it. If there are any questions, feel free to post.

EDIT: Meh, grammar.

#65357 New Version Bbb Mod

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 08 October 2005 - 08:22 PM in Modifications

Much thanks to all the comments. I'm glad you guys thought it was a good paintjob. I'm definately going to do some more painting in the future.

-And Reaper, the gun cocks when you pull both halves of the gun in opposite directions. I had always wondered how you would cock the BBB until I finally saw one in person at Armageddon 2004.

#65310 New Version Bbb Mod

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 08 October 2005 - 12:25 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the comment. And I am not going by shoe size, I measured my shoe and it came out to 11.5 inches.

#29278 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 23 June 2004 - 02:24 PM in General Nerf

I also noticed that. It would be so cool if those indentations could accept future nerf "silencers". Well, it can only get better!

#29180 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 22 June 2004 - 05:41 PM in General Nerf

Holy CRAP! My Cox high speed internet has been out for two days now, and this is what I have missed! All I have to say is that those are far better than I imagined them to be. The color is awesome, red and gray always work beautifully together. And as for them all hooking up, the design is also way better than I thought it was. Thanks a lot Talio, now I'm very excited about the blasters launch date.

#67144 Firefly Rev-8 Cpvc Mod

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 05 November 2005 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

Nice mod and writeup Sqiggs. Let us know if you get any definite ranges on that thing.

#264246 Nerf Deploy Cs-6 - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 03 February 2010 - 04:21 PM in General Nerf

Yes, the Deploy can still fire with the front clip section flipped up.

So, if clip is flipped up and in a vertical position, how do you shoot the gun? Is there something besides the main trigger that allows you to fire the gun? Or is it the case that you can fire the gun with the clip in a vertical position only by using the main trigger?

#264221 Nerf Deploy Cs-6 - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 03 February 2010 - 03:19 AM in General Nerf

Come on, like there was any chance of the Deploy having a plunger setup any different from the Recon? Just be happy that you now have the option of getting a Recon that has a total makeover, which I think is very cute. The only reason I want this gun is because of its nice design and its rate of fire.

Thanks for the review SgNerf.

#48528 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 02 March 2005 - 11:35 PM in Homemades

Beautiful Bolt, beautiful. The whole design came out exellent; I love every detail. I especially like the handle and trigger assembly; very smooth and appealing to the eye. And of course, awesome job on that magazine and bolt action. I watched the movie where you fire the gun and pop out the shells and it looked clean as a whistle. Also, I appreciate you taking the time to make a damn good post with a detailed discription, movies, and pictures. This makes me want to make a nice homemade myself. Keep up the good work.

#60836 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 01 August 2005 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

Son of a Bitch, that's a lot of NIB Nerf.

#50294 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 22 March 2005 - 07:55 PM in General Nerf

That's sweet. I like the sound of the firefly, another plunger primary with eight shots. What I'm mostly looking foward to are these re-releases. I can only wonder what guns they are bringing back, should be awesome whatever they are from the sound of it. Thanks a lot for the update OMC, keep us posted.

#71735 Nerf On Frappr

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 26 January 2006 - 10:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome idea Enigma. I agree with Angel, its a great way to check possibilities for a war. Hopefully a lot of people will sign up. I just did.

#57586 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 15 June 2005 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

Very nice. I really like that handle behind the trigger, a full stock to me doesn't feel/appear good. I salute you.

#57466 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 13 June 2005 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

I tried the stock idea and I didn't like it. It became too big for me. At the start of this project, I was going for a tactical launcher type gun, which it looks like at the moment. I think I'm going to keep this puppy like this.

-Also, I only used twelve inches of brass to be able to fit multiple darts. I would definitely go with like six inches on an at2k if you are just firing single shots.

#57331 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 12 June 2005 - 12:29 PM in Modifications

That would be a very nice addition. I'm thinking maybe a stock that is just made out of cvpc or something. But, I do have a auto hardballer shotgun airsoft gun (along with a very nice collection of airsoft guns that I never use becasue people around here are jerks). Now that stock would be perfect. Well I'm going go see what I can do with that.

Oh by the way, when I relocated the plastic tubing that goes into the airtank, I only used hotglue, knowing that there was a good chance of it coming off and leaving me with a leak, which just happened. Would that GOOP stuff be the right choice for this type of sealing?

#57302 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 11 June 2005 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

I've had a couple of airtech 2000's lying around for the longest time, but never wanted to barrel mod them or intergrate them with another gun. So I decided just to gut one of them just for the airtank and pump. I took a piece of black plastic tubing I had lying around to cover twelve inches of 9/16 brass tubing. I located the pump right under the barrel with the help of some spare plastic to give space in between the two. Then I hot glued the two pieces together and wrapped the whole thing up in electrical tape. I also plugged the over release valve.

I added six pieces of brass on the left side of the gun for ammo holders and I also put on a led light that is surrounded by sch80 on the right side (also used on my NFM4). I also added a clip from a keychain on the metal release bar on the back of the pump. Let's have a look...

View from above:
Posted Image

View of the front:
Posted Image

View of me holding the gun:
Posted Image

I loaded up the gun with three darts at a time. The darts measure out to an inch and a half. With three pumps, I acheived the following results:

Shortest of the three darts: 51.75 feet
Middle of the three darts: 56.26 feet
Furthest of the three darts: 61.33 feet

-One dart fired (shoved down the barrel with a ramrod): 83.38 feet

All of these shots were fired with no more than a ten degree angle. The shotgun tests with three darts did not require a ramrod.

#58081 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 24 June 2005 - 01:22 AM in Modifications

shotgun from Halo

Sounds familiar. Oh yes: http://nerfhaven.com..... shotgun&st=0

#57309 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 12 June 2005 - 12:20 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the feedback. When I first stared the mod I tried to throw a handle on there but it became to bulky. So I Just decided to trim it down as much as possible and still have a good looking gun.

And yes, I've seen some pretty crazy shtie that people have done with their at2k's, like THIRTS' semi auto gun that is like woah. I just figured that if everyone else is coming up with so many ways to use an at2k, I might as well give it a shot.

#78151 Split-tech 2k

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 30 March 2006 - 08:19 PM in Modifications

I love the appearence of the gun; the turrets look suprisingly good bulging out of the SF. If I remember correctly, the splitfire has pressure trigger that allows you to shoot one dart at a time if you want to. Having two long range shots with only having to prime the gun once seems like a very beautiful thing. Great job on the mod Falcon, its one of my favorite intergrations.

People on the Haven seem to be coming up with brilliant mods and inventions lately.

#50865 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 28 March 2005 - 01:55 PM in General Nerf

My NF-M4 with detachable LED light.
Posted Image

#17063 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 25 January 2004 - 12:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Tucson is south Arizona. It is a 1 hour and about 40 minute drive from Phoenix. Here is a map from mapquest.

Map of Arizona

#17044 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 24 January 2004 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in Tucson.

#16969 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 23 January 2004 - 10:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I know, I was kidding around. I'm in AZ and I want to attend a war badly.

#16957 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 23 January 2004 - 06:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, if you want a "Desert Storm" kind of war, you sould have it in Arizona. I mean, it's close to cal. I'm sure there's some nice spots to foam it up.

#15173 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 28 December 2003 - 12:55 PM in Nerf Wars

I need a driver's license. Until then, I don't think my parents would drive me up to California to shoot darts at people for a few hours. Oh well, only another six months and then I can take the mazda miata up to where ever the hell those nerf wars are in Cal.

#59116 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 12 July 2005 - 12:58 AM in Modifications

Beautiful mods Starbuck, all three guns fit very well into one unit, and get great ranges at that. Another underrated gun pulled out of the dark abyss. I never thought it had so much potential. Also, great mod write up, very detailed and well written.

-Is this national mods week or something?

#28188 Code Of Conduct

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 10 June 2004 - 10:34 AM in Site Feedback

There aren't too many pictures of John Howard being portrayed as the devil or something along those lines on google images. But, I did find a picture of Jesus!

#27423 Code Of Conduct

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 01 June 2004 - 12:01 PM in Site Feedback

I'm not trying to support him or anything but how did he get a cosom avitar.

As you can see, he has been banned by Cxwq. He just gave him a custom avatar to show how much he liked him.

#26972 Code Of Conduct

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 25 May 2004 - 12:49 AM in Site Feedback

Just as a question, why is the "Null vote" button larger than the "Vote" button?

That just made my day.

#59329 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 14 July 2005 - 04:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I know that the last video had "Believe" in it, but there are still some sweet Chemical Brothers songs that would go with the flow:

1.) Chemical Beats (Singles 93-03 (Disc 1) - A good solid beat that rocks
2.) The Boxer (Push the Button) - A fast pace and happy song

Also, another good idea would be NIN's "Hand that Feeds". I love that damn song.

#22419 NerfHaven: Tribal Council

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 25 March 2004 - 11:10 PM in Site Feedback

Posted Image