Ambience 327's Content

There have been 511 items by Ambience 327 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#318803 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Ambience 327 on 19 July 2012 - 01:23 PM in Modifications

So I finally got around to customizing the PumpSnap I commissioned from Phoenix66.

Totally freehand (and the flaws are less noticeable when you aren't zoomed-in with a camera!) I am fairly pleased with it. :D

Posted Image

#316077 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Ambience 327 on 24 May 2012 - 10:02 AM in Modifications

Finished a BBB for my nephew, so he will have a solid backup primary for Cataclysm.

The plunger section is untouched - all mods are located in the pump-handle section of the blaster. It has a CPVC endcap (with a hole drilled in the back) attached to the front where the old barrel used to be. This allows the use of any type of barrel setup we want - single, speed loader, RSCB, etc. I also jammed a stub of CPVC into the rear of the old barrel, allowing the BBB to still fire the arrows it came with. Currently it is sporting an RSCB with a 9-inch clip.

Attached to the left side is the Nerf blaster portion of a Switch Shot WII controller. This one also features a CPVC endcap where the barrel used to be. This is added internally for almost zero dead space. The catch has a piece of plastic rod attached to it, with a "thumb plate" of epoxy putty at the bottom. It can be fired by reaching your thumb up from the pump-handle, pressing the catch up.

Posted Image

One issue I ran into when using an RSCB was the fact that the orange plunger cap is free-turning, which left the RSCB to drop down onto your hand while in use. To solve this, I grabbed a piece of PVC from an old laundry sorter which had a head similar to the end of PVC conduit (flared to the point where it fits PVC inside like a built-in coupler). I cut off the end and trimmed it to make a clip for the RSCB to hold it in place.

Posted Image

You can see the clip for the RSCB a bit better in this image.

Posted Image

#321929 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Ambience 327 on 23 September 2012 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

Got my hands on a Panther. These things are absolute beasts, especially considering the $5 price tag. Less than an hour's work, and a day's drying (for the Goop and the epoxy putty) and it was ready to rock. The pump is untouched - i.e. stock OPRV - and is fully capable of firing the last shot from my RSCB and from my PumpSnap's hopper at decent ranges. I haven't measured, but the last shot is hitting at least 40' flat.

The most important mod I did, though, was the pump handle, which is just some CPVC (drilled out a bit to fit the pump shaft) and an elbow. Much easier to pump now.

Posted Image

Obviously, it is hitting even better ranges with a single barrel - clearing my entire back yard. (I really should measure it sometime for better range estimates.)

Posted Image

Aside from the basics of cutting off the original barrel and shaving down the shell to fit, I also filled some of the dead space in the coupler area with epoxy putty.

Posted Image

#310496 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Ambience 327 on 01 February 2012 - 10:02 AM in Modifications

Here is my modded Buzzbee Flintlock:

Posted Image

The write-up can be found right here.

Cost: $10.88 ($8.99 blaster, $1.54 springs, $0.25, $0.10 worth of Goop)

Time: Roughly 1.5 hours

Stock Ranges: 17'-22' (19' average)

Mods Done:
barrel replacement (CPVC endcap "coupler" for CPVC speed loaders)
spring addition
catch spring replacement

Modded Ranges:
Stock Darts: 25'-30' (27' average)
Slug Darts: 30'-35' (32' average)

#277697 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Ambience 327 on 14 June 2010 - 07:30 AM in Homemades

That is both crazy and awesome at the same time Ryan. The check valve at the end is an awesome idea, and of course allows you to easily load a few darts at a time while you move, wiithout having to remove and end cap, turn a ball valve, or otherwise affect your ability to fire when you need to. How many darts (and at what length) are you getting to fit in the loops?

Since you say it is very easy to blow the darts through, would it be possible/practical to add another loop or two? What I'm thinking here is that if you can get enough darts in there to last a whole round (at least with semi-conservatiive shooting) there would be less reloading time - which I know isn't exactly your favorite aspect of hoppes/HAMPs. It would probably start to require a bit of support for the feeder as more flexpvc would start to add additional weight, but it might be worth the extra bulk. Just a thought.

#271378 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Ambience 327 on 05 April 2010 - 09:45 AM in Homemades

Sweet new rockets I found at TRU. It comes with a shitty push pull gun, but it works awesome on a 4B. 80' flat and very far angled.

Posted Image

You forgot to mention that the sweet whistle they emit in flight. I have four of those push-pull rocket launchers, had them for years. They used to be available at Wal-Mart too, though I haven't seen them there in a while. I've converted one of the push-pull parts to a dart shooter, and it gets fairly decent range for very little effort (either modding or pushing), and of course the range goes up the faster you push (though accuracy drops a bit).

#277786 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Ambience 327 on 15 June 2010 - 08:08 AM in Homemades

The clip is roughly 7-8' long from eye-balling it. I haven't actually measured the clip at all, but I can get roughly 60-70 darts in the clip.

Wow, that is already an impressive number of darts. Loops are deceptive, it doesn't look nearly that long in the pic. If you doubled that (120-140 darts), I think you could easily spend a whole round without reloading. I hereby declare that you are always on my team if you are wielding a blaster with this form of clip... :D

#141237 The Vulcan

Posted by Ambience 327 on 19 February 2008 - 09:19 AM in General Nerf

That "white dart with black tip" could just be a normal orange dart with a blue tip - under very bright lights/flash. Dart foam is rather shiny, and could easily reflect more light that the plastic - enough to wash out the orange color we would easily recognize, and provide a stark contrast that would make the blue tip look black. (Look how the Sonics look - almost a light grey.) There does seem to be quite a lot of light bouncing off that sign in the background, so this could conceivably be just an orange dart.

Also, they look a lot more orange than white on the packaging in the image.

(I'm a bit of an amateur videographer, my wife would say more of a video-nut, so lighting issues like this appears to be just pop out at me sometimes.)

#161066 The Vulcan

Posted by Ambience 327 on 01 July 2008 - 08:56 AM in General Nerf

4. To contradict my previous statement, the kid on the extra ammo pack has the chains connected over his shoulder. HOWEVER there is a little dead space between the two chains, leading me to believe that the chains are not directly connected.

Actually, if you look closer it appears that the "dead space" you mention is actually the sling from the gun passing over the chain. However, I count less than 25 shells in the area of the chain shown on him, so it is possibel that it is only a single chain, with very little hanging over his back, just for show on the pic.

It would definately be nice if the chains would connect without needing to mod them, but we'll just have to wait and see.

#144004 The Vulcan

Posted by Ambience 327 on 05 March 2008 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

Dont's bother. We probably won't see the Vulcan until Fall (which means mid-late summer). Confirmed by a friend at Hasbro.

Yeah...well.....I had sex with Hasbro's mother, and..and she said she had a vulcan in her bedroom!

Then she pointed at my crotch and I reallized that I had seriously misread the situation. Seriously, just wait for the fucking thing. The alternatives are not pleasant.

Umm....live long and prosper? :)

#151129 The Vulcan

Posted by Ambience 327 on 14 April 2008 - 02:24 PM in General Nerf

and shoots a new form of DtD without the velcro on it, possibly hailing back to the old megas that the DT3 used, just with a DtG Tip

Actually, I'm fairly certain that it fires Sonic Micros - you know, the ones that whistle when you fire them out of anything with sufficient power (i.e. isn't stock). :lol:

To quote Gizmodo's article:

N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25
(Ages 6 years & up/Approximate Retail Price: $39.99/Available: Fall 2008)
The top-of-the-line blaster for mission supremacy, the NERF N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25 blaster is a 25-dart belt-fed fully automatic blaster that will intimidate any opponent. This impressive blaster comes complete with a fold-up tripod to steady your aim, 25 sonic micro darts that whistle through the air when launched and a 25-dart belt. The NERF N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25 blaster features the Tactical Rail System allowing players to customize their blaster for each mission - for example, players can use the green 'night vision' Tactical Light accessory (sold separately) for nighttime missions. Six "D" batteries are required but not included.

#271650 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Ambience 327 on 08 April 2010 - 01:40 PM in Darts and Barrels

I have a problem. I commissioned 450 normal stefans, and they are making their way to me as we speak. However, the rules for Cataclysm state slug darts or stock darts only (if it was there before I ordered my darts, I didn't see it!). I don't have nearly enough stock darts to supply myself and the crew I'm bringing, but I've verified with the organizer that if I can get some felt tips to reliably stick to the front of my darts, I'll be golden. These are standard stefans, i.e. they have a weight (single BB in this case) held in by a nice hot glue dome.

My current thoughts include either:

1) Slicing a bit off the front of each dome and gluing (hot glue? superglue? something else?) a felt pad on to the newly created flat space (probably overhanging the freshly-cut lip by a bit for added saftey).

or

2) Cutting a small wedge out of each felt pad so that they can be wrapped around the "dome" of the dart and glued in palce.

Obviously both of these methods will be tested to see which is easier and/or more reliable. However, I'm asking for input on other ideas or for people to point out any flaws in either or both of my current ideas which I haven't thought of.

#242072 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Ambience 327 on 15 July 2009 - 02:36 PM in Darts and Barrels

Yep - these are basically just normal stefans. His star stickers are there for only two reasons:

1) Ease of identification of his darts among others.
2) Slightly easier to find his darts in the grass - because the star will sparkle in the sunlight.

#241880 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Ambience 327 on 14 July 2009 - 10:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

Very interesting idea minsc. The foil-type star stickers you used would certainly be very easy to spot. Some guys might worry about looking like a sissy or a nerd for using darts with starts on them, but I'd just laugh and pick up my darts. Maybe I'll try these with some hearts, rainbows or unicorns?

Of course, my 2-year-old daughter will be even more inclined to play with my Nerf guns and darts if I start using pretty stickers on them... :D

#242021 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Ambience 327 on 15 July 2009 - 08:00 AM in Darts and Barrels

I think cannotaim may not have understood where these stars are on the dart. They are not on the front, on top of the hot glue dome, where they would receive punishment from impact. They are on the back of the dart, glued directly to the foam, where they can be easily spotted when lying in the grass tip-down. It doesn't matter what they are fired at - only that they stay attached when fired.

#147039 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Ambience 327 on 26 March 2008 - 08:00 AM in Darts and Barrels

I made some darts using washers, similar to the Captain Slug method. However, I secured the washers to the FBR with orange duct tape. This has the benefit of automatically giving a brightly colored tip to the darts, while admittedly, loosing some accuracy and consistency due to the tape.

Are you just putting a washer on with duct tape, and nothing else? That would really sting when it hits.

Metal + thin layer of duct tape = OUCH!

CaptainSlug puts felt tips over his washers, which reduces the ouch factor much more than duct tape would.

#172805 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Ambience 327 on 27 August 2008 - 09:08 AM in Darts and Barrels

J.S. Bob's idea of using felt tips on standard Stefans is sound - I've added felt tips to some CDT's and they work quite well. They lose a tiny bit of the aerodynamics of the rounded stefan tip, but they don't sting nearly as much, and you can get a consistent tip on them a bit easier.

Basically, follow your normal stefan procedure - i.e. melt hole, add weight, fill with hot glue - then just slap a felt disc on top, flush with the foam, while the glue is still hot.

#216437 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Ambience 327 on 05 March 2009 - 10:12 AM in General Nerf

A lot of it depends on which takes up more space, one of these drums or six standard magazines.

It isn't quite that simple. Keep in mind that the six standard mags can be placed in different pockets/pouches/etc., while a single 35-round drum mag would be placed in a single location. Even if the six standard mags have more total volume, you could keep each of them in a seperate pocket in a pair of cargo pants without hampering your mobility too much, but I doubt you'd be able to fit the drum mag in any but the most ridiculously large pockets. Chances are, if you wanted to carry extra drums, you'd need a backpack or some kind of dedicated container - or attach a good belt clip to the drum. In either case, you'd probably notice it a bit more than the standard mags.

#151806 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Ambience 327 on 18 April 2008 - 07:45 AM in General Nerf

My current personal arsenal includes:

NERF

- 4 Mavericks (ar's removed)
- 2 Nite Finders (awaiting mod)
- 2 Airtech 2000's (awaiting mod)
- 2 Secret Stikes (awaiting mod/integration)
- 2 Recons (stock)
- 1 Longshot (stock)
- 1 Firefly (WIP)
- 1 NB-1 Missile Blaster (nostalgic E-Bay purchase, because my brother and I had a pair when we were just wee little guys)

BUZZ BEE

- 2 Double Shots (both broken, working on repairs)

TOTAL X-STREAM AIR

- 4 Air Rockets (THESE THINGS) *

My church's youth group has its own arsenal (paid for by the YG's funds), which is suplemented by my guns when we play. Currently, all of these guns are stock.

NERF

- 20 (yes, 20!) SuperMaxx 250's **
- 2 Mavericks
- 1 Nite Finder
- 2 MagStrikes
- 1 Rapid Fire 20

LANARD

- 1 First Shot

BUZZ BEE

- 1 Mech Tommy 20

* We use these mostly in scenario play as rocket launchers. In our rules, ricochet darts do not count as hits, it has to be a direct hit. These rockets, on the other hand, are deadly until the stop moving. They also are the only weapon capable of damaging targets in an "Objective Assault" game type we play, where the targets are boxes with holes cut in them, with the holes then covered with tissue paper - only a rocket which breaks the tissue paper counts as a hit on the target. Quite fun, but not very accurate weapons. They are, however, the longest-ranged weapons we use. (This is because a hit from these things even at point-blank range doesn't hurt unless it hits you in the eye!) I made a pair holsters for these which hold one launcher and two missles each - this makes them a bit easier to carry around, and therefore more likely to be used when we're in the mood.

** These were the first Nerf guns the youth group purchased, many years ago. Prior to these, we used single-shot dart guns of the type that have plastic-shafted, suction-cup darts where the act of pushing the dart in cocked the gun. Most of the SM250's are still operational, despite years of play. Half a dozen don't want to cock anymore, so when I have the time I have volunteered to open them up and see if I can fix them.

#180611 Avatars

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 September 2008 - 11:23 AM in Site Feedback

It isn't important or anything, but if possible I would like to have this:

Posted Image

as my avatar. It's just a way to be uniquely identified (so everyone can ridicule me with reckless abandon without checking to make sure they aren't slamming on the wrong guy), and to show my age and love of obscure, 80's sci-fi children's television. -_-

If I don't get it, I won't cry. I'll just keep being a purple haze and go on about my business. But c'mon now VACC, you realised your dream of being close to Ice - can't I have a bit of fun too?

OT & OOC - Anyone recognize the guy?

#180624 Avatars

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 September 2008 - 12:04 PM in Site Feedback

Well, my respect for one Mr. VACC just went up another notch. (Even if you don't like CP - the fact that you recognize him is good enough for me. Most people I talk to respond with things like "You mean Captain Planet?")

#180637 Avatars

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 September 2008 - 01:35 PM in Site Feedback

My parents claim to have video footage of myself in my captain power vest with my captain power standard issue firearm, expounding upon the principles of the captain power doctrine. Their threats are empty. They're just jealous. Everybody is. I was fucking adorable.

VACC

LOL - I had a fair-sized collection of the action figures and ships - not to mention the majority of the episodes on VHS tape. I used to spend hours in front of the TV with my Powerjet or Phantom Striker (sometimes alone, sometimes with one of my brothers or cousins) blasting away at the targets on the Biomechs, Biodreads, etc. Now, as a grown-up, I get to relive some of that as I've re-collected a lot of things using EBay, and gotten my hands on a semi-authorized DVD collection of the complete series. (If anyone wants info on this, shoot me a PM.) Unfortunately, the light-gun aspects of the toys don't work with my LCD TV, so I'd have to hook my DVD player up to my little 13" CRT if I wanted to re-live the battles of my youth.

In closing, let me just say...

...POWER ON! -_-

#296540 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Ambience 327 on 24 March 2011 - 06:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Reading all of this makes me really wish I had been able to find the time to come. Sounds like you guys had a blast, and Cinci isn't much different then Chicago drive-time wise for me. Maybe I can get out to one of your wars at some point. (Hey Ryan & Kane, how's about swinging through Fort Wayne to pick me up? :D )

+ Biggest war I've been to yet, and possibly the biggest in the Midwest so far.

-Foam In the Fort II, was definitely bigger, but this was close. I know for a fact the Cincy group has had much larger non-NIC wars, so I'm not sure if that counts

Yep, we had just a few more attendees at FIF2. Doesn't diminish the awesomeness of the huge attendence for Ohio Rev though. (And we lured our attendees with free swag...rather than a swaggering Brit.)

+All of my blasters staying in one piece

Pics or it didn't happen. Or at least three sworn affidavits from fellow attendees. ;)

#164390 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Ambience 327 on 25 July 2008 - 10:24 AM in Modifications

Here's my question - what happens, both stock and modified - when the belt advances to one of the endcaps? Does the thing dry-fire, or is there something to prevent that?

Does it not fire when it hits the end of the chain when stock?

Does it skip firing when it hits the middle "end cap" in the chain when you use it with the modified chain?

Details, man. We need more details! It will never be enough!!! :D

#164425 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Ambience 327 on 25 July 2008 - 01:47 PM in Modifications

Seriously, I already addressed this. It works just fine. It lines it up, shoots air into it, and moves on. It treats it the same as every other shell.

Well, you had addressed it by saying it worked fine. I wanted particulars as to what it actually did. This information you have now provided. Thanks. :D

(It matters to me as it might make a difference in what kind pf chain-joining mods are preferred. Yours is quick and easy, but it puts a blank shot after every 25 links - that would be like leaving one slot in your RF20 or Magstrike unloaded - i.e. that shot wouldn't do anything, but it would still be part of the firing process, slowing overall ROF - not much, but still.)

#238552 Raider Preview

Posted by Ambience 327 on 25 June 2009 - 01:10 PM in General Nerf

I have always liked Ice's PJs

Wow, the fanboys really home in on small details, don't they? :D

#237102 Raider Preview

Posted by Ambience 327 on 18 June 2009 - 10:46 AM in General Nerf

Ok, if I'm reading all this correctly, you've removed the AR's and added a spring addition in the stock, and you're hitting 55 feet consistently. I'm assuming that's with the same 3" single bb stefans, right? That's a beastly range for something with such a high ROF and ammo capacity. This might just be the Doomsayer of indoor/close-quarters combat. At 55 feet, it easily matches the range of anything else in my indoor arsenal. I might just have a new indoor primary in a few months...

Did you reinforce the cocking bar? I didn't see mention of whether you did or not, only that you might...

#237161 Raider Preview

Posted by Ambience 327 on 18 June 2009 - 02:34 PM in General Nerf

Ok, if I'm reading all this correctly, you've removed the AR's and added a spring addition in the stock, and you're hitting 55 feet consistently. I'm assuming that's with the same 3" single bb stefans, right? That's a beastly range for something with such a high ROF and ammo capacity. This might just be the Doomsayer of indoor/close-quarters combat. At 55 feet, it easily matches the range of anything else in my indoor arsenal. I might just have a new indoor primary in a few months...

Did you reinforce the cocking bar? I didn't see mention of whether you did or not, only that you might...

I did reinforce it slightly with putty. And no, that range is with streamlines.

55 feet with streamlines?! That's fantastic! Well then, I am sold. I will be grabbing at least one of these just as soon as I'm able.

While I've got your attention, perhaps you could answer another question, if you are able. Do you think it would be possible (whether with little work or a lot of work, whether modding the mag or the blaster) to reverse the drum mag's loading direction? (i.e. so that the drum faces downward instead of upward?

I ask because I have tentative plans to get ahold of a pair of these drum mags and a pair of recons, then mod the whole mess into a functional and aesthetically pleasing replica of a Storm Bolter from Warhammer 40,000 - simply because it would look ridiculously awesome. :)

(it might also make a halfway decent indoor weapon, what with the dual-firing, 35 round clip and all)

#155688 Primary Guns

Posted by Ambience 327 on 13 May 2008 - 03:20 PM in General Nerf

Dual weilded spy gear signal launcher. One 2k turreted and one singled and silenced. Or a mongo titan longshot combo.

You can't carry that many guns effectively.

-OfAll'

If I am reading his post right, that's two options of on only two guns at a time.

1) Spy Gear Signal Launcher w/ an AT2K Turret attached
2) Spy Gear Signal Launcher (singled & silenced)

OR

1) Longshot
2) Mongo Titan

To stay on topic, I personally use a lightly modded AT2K (AR's & posts removed) and a Maverick (AR's & posts removed). In our indoor wars, this is generally all I need to stay competetive against the youth.

My wife, on the other hand, prefers to tote either my LS or one of my Recons - sometimes with a Maverick as a backup.

#316197 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 27 May 2012 - 12:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Put a shirt on young whipper-snapper... :P

Great war! Thanks to everyone who showed up and made it such a great time. It was cool seeing so many familiar faces (U3, Kane, Carbon, Beaver, Cheerios, Demonlord and many others I am sure I am forgetting), and also great meeting some new people in person (Louie, SonReeceJohnson and the LGLF to name a few). I particularly enjoyed the very broad spectrum of gear on the field, with so many different styles of homemades, some fantastic mods, and even a few stock or near-stock blasters on the field (the guy who kept dual-wielding the stock stampedes was great - and man was he useful on defense!).

#316234 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 27 May 2012 - 10:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I respectfully lay claim to that title.

Now now, me and BabyG can both claim to be "an old man", but you get to claim to be "the old man". :D

On the photo front - the guy who brought the two young boys was kind enough to email me thirty of the photos that he took throughout the day, which I have added to my photobucket account. Below are a few of them, but the rest can be found by clicking right here

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#316327 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 May 2012 - 05:34 PM in Nerf Wars

#11 & #29 were my guests

#29 is my nephew, Brendan (wearing the Tapout shirt)
#11 is his cousin, Corbin (in blue behind/between Zorn and Ryan)

#316127 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 25 May 2012 - 10:30 AM in Nerf Wars

From the looks of things on the map, the only shade comes from trees just off the east side of the property - so it will disappear by noon and be nonexistent for the hot part of the day. A nice tarp would be great - good idea - but I don't have one to bring.

So to second Langley - anyone have some portable shade they can bring to the site? I will happily help with set-up and tear-down if it means we have a place to hide from the sun when we aren't shooting each other.

#315373 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 08 May 2012 - 06:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I am trying to figure out how to get gas money. If that happens, and I convince the wife to let me out of the house, I will be there.

I will also see if I can drag any of my friends and family along for the ride. :lol:

#315497 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 10 May 2012 - 05:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Don't worry Beaver - if the blasters you bring are all too powerful, you can just borrow one of my Mavericks or my NB-1. :lol:

#315544 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 11 May 2012 - 08:33 AM in Nerf Wars

I have never met a Nerfer more interested in making sure EVERYONE has fun than Kane. Any restrictions or considerations he asks us to abide by, I will do so gladly. Just tossing that out there.

#315915 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 20 May 2012 - 03:33 PM in Nerf Wars

LOL - I was just coming on here with my update - funding is confirmed and I will be coming with 1 guest, possibly 2 (just found out that this morning) MAKE THAT 2 GUESTS FOR SURE, and as BabyGhandi said, I am picking him and his guest up along the way.

Big thanks to IceNine, Cheerios and Kane for making ticks less of an issue at the sight. :lol:

#316125 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 25 May 2012 - 09:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Note to self - bring enough water to sell to those who fail to heed Carbon's warning... :lol:

#315934 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 21 May 2012 - 09:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Double post because I have a request...

Is there anyone attending this war who would be able to make me three hoppers, preferably with clear PVC clips and ball valves, with 12" CPVC barrels that fit into a PVC coupler? I want them made with real wyes - not homemade wyes.

If so, I need to know what the cost would be - delivery at the war so shipping won't be an issue.

If we agree on a price, I can pay via PayPal now, or in cash at the war - your preference.

I found someone to make them. Thanks. :lol:

#218906 My Homemade Battle Stop-sign

Posted by Ambience 327 on 20 March 2009 - 08:50 AM in Off Topic

LARP isn't a Nerf term. It stands for Live Action Role-Play

It is basically where people take a game like Dungeons & Dragons and play it in a style where they are the characters, rather than just saying what their characters do. They generally wear costumes and carry (usually) safe versions of weapons, similar to the stuff in this thread, and have rules for how combat works. Some people look down on so-called LARPers as the height of geek-hood. I just think they have their own way of having fun. (Even if I don't always quite understand why...) :lol:

Funny thing is, even though a lot of people on this forum look down on LARPers, many of those same people think that Humans vs Zombies is a very cool game type. When you really think about it, HvZ is basically a very rules-light LARP.