Demon Lord's Content

There have been 268 items by Demon Lord (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#147923 Recon Ar Removal Pissings

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 March 2008 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

Easiest thing to do (from my experience) is to open the Recon up and take out the mechanism. Remove the "ARMED" plunger and drill out the AR using a foot long 1/2 inch paddle bit. If you don't have a drill you can at use a smaller paddle bit to pop out the peg that the dart sits on/around.

#148474 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by Demon Lord on 31 March 2008 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

Nice! The very first NERF gun I modded was my longshot Elza which has a similar system to load except that the lever is on the outside with the pivot point being where the bipod was. Once I get my camera working I'll post a picture to better explain it.

#148758 Nite-con

Posted by Demon Lord on 01 April 2008 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

What about flipping the firing chamber and catch upside down? That might make the catch work in the Recon, but it looks like you might have to machine something to link the catch to the trigger considering the space between.

#149547 Longshot Air Restrictor

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 April 2008 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

Look in this thread for all your Longshot modding needs:
Modifying a Longshot?

#152040 Iron Man Magstrike Question

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 April 2008 - 04:03 PM in General Nerf

All the Iron Man Magstrike is is a repainted Magstrike that is packaged with one (not two) clip and fires suction tipped darts rather than taggers. Beyond that, they are the same Nerf gun.

#152047 Humans Vs. Zombies In The Washington Post Magazine!

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 April 2008 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

Awesome article, here at Northern Illinois University we're doing something similiar, however we've got a video documentary going of the game and there are some WILD moments.

Modding wise I'm the one in charge of the mods allowed and for the most part modding really isn't as big of a factor as one might think, not that that has stopped people from doing it. We just don't things taken to the extremes as seen in full Nerf events as they aren't needed when the person you're shooting at only has a range of 3 feet or so. We allow special stefans (the foam tipped kind) and certain weapons can only run certain types of ammo for safety reasons.

More info and forums can be found at www.niuzombie.com

#154075 Cutting Off The Longshot Bipod...

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 April 2008 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

Open up the longshot and pull out the internals and then start cutting the body of the gun. Fix any mistakes with sandpaper and epoxy putty or plumner's goop.

#156442 Motorized Buzzsaw Mod

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 May 2008 - 10:21 PM in Modifications

Wow, just wow. Now I NEED to do this to my Buzzsaw now.
I've been kicking around this idea in my head for about a month but wasn't sure how to hook up the motor and that just gave me an idea on how to do it.
Thanks for the great write up.

#158549 Mav Problems

Posted by Demon Lord on 09 June 2008 - 04:28 PM in Modifications

Restore the original spring to the gun and add several pennies to the back end of the spring (4 or 5 should be enough). This will get rid of dead space in the gun and should give some extra range to the darts.

#158797 The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Posted by Demon Lord on 11 June 2008 - 12:13 AM in Modifications

I personally hate the idea of killing a BBB to make an LS stronger, so if there is an alternative, I'd take it. (My alternative was just buying a bbb spring from someone else though).

Ace Hardware Spring #49. I've got one in my LS and with just that and the ARs removed I'm getting between 75 and 100 feet per shot depending on the darts I'm using.

#163004 Recon Prob. With Pics.

Posted by Demon Lord on 16 July 2008 - 02:51 PM in Modifications

Try using craft foam to seal the gap.

#175495 Hvz

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 September 2008 - 07:56 PM in General Nerf

I've been running around with a modified LS and usually a modified maverick. The maverick has just been Russian rouletted and had the AR's removed while the LS has a a second stretched spring, re-inforced and a lever action loading mechanism. The maverick has the ammo flexibility of being able to fire most any types of nerf darts and the LS as sheer range and intimidation powers with how loud that thing is when it fires.
The biggest thing you will have to deal with is ammo and ROF so be sure to be familiar with your weapons and how they fire and bring PLENTY of spare clips and ammo.

#179243 Niu Humans Vs Zombies Needs Help!

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 September 2008 - 11:39 PM in General Nerf

As you may know, we had the shooting on Feb. 14th. We are currently trying to get the game back to the point it was at but we need some help. We have some people still complaining to us about insensitivity.

This is very unfortunate, and obviously not in any way your fault or responsibility, but all the same it might be best to "lay low" at least until an anniversary passes. Maybe look for some off-campus locations, to help keep your organization going, even if you have to pay a use fee.

No matter how politic you are about it, it only takes one person's objections to royally screw you over, while such a community wound is fresh.

The thing is that the "advisory board" wants to get rid of HvZ COMPLETELY. As in shut down the club. We do more than Humans Vs Zombies games, we have held and are planning to hold NERF wars and other events but these people are threatening to end all that.
My name is Tim Peterson and I'm the Graduate Adviser of the club. We've fought long and hard for the very little the club has and now we are threatened with being shut down for something out of our control by a board who did not consult the people involved with the club nor consult any of the victims or their psychologists. All that is being asked is that people who nerf email the above address to show support of the club and what it does. If you have story about HvZ or something similar, tell it. That's all we can ask. Thanks for the support.

#179788 Niu Humans Vs Zombies Needs Help!

Posted by Demon Lord on 26 September 2008 - 06:24 PM in General Nerf

Now if it is that non-players are not being sensitive to your club, ask why that is. I suggest being strategic about where, when and how you conduct your games. Be ready to take breaks in the action so you don't molest other people on campus. As for defending your game, it's no more risky or obnoxious than a soccer or ultimate frisbee game. Make sure that people clean up their darts. If people don't like the fact that you are playing with TOY guns, avoid getting into arguments with them. Always always always be polite and stay calm. Be prepared to show off your 'BLASTERS' (yeah I still call them nerf guns myself, but like so many things in college wording can be key).

The concern from this board is that the 150 or so students that were in the room when the shooting happened at NIU is that the sight of the NERF stuff will trigger PTSD flashbacks. Upon talking with some of the students and the department involved, none of the people at the shooting were contacted by the board about this, the board just presumed they weren't healed yet and went ahead and are trying to shut us down.

#184877 Demon Breech For Titan

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 October 2008 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Props on creativity for sure, however this looks like a cheap coupler system rather than a true breach for the Titan.
Still, fairly creative for those who don't have ready access to a hardware store nearby.

#184879 Hvz

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 October 2008 - 02:51 AM in General Nerf

Northern Illinois University also has a game of Humans Vs Zombies going on and a club behind it. We're about to start the second game of the semester and things are looking good, despite the fact that we lost use of NERF guns temporarily due to the shooting that occurred back in February...however we've got loophole to drive trucks through and still keep things fun!
More info is at our website NIU HvZ

#199828 Dual Stage Coil Gun From Longshot

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 December 2008 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

Someone fast track this member asap.

This thing fires 3" steel bolts? Is there anyway to make it fire stefans? Maybe with a steel ball bearing instead of a lead fishing weight?

A steel ball bearing might survive the force of being shot out of that beast, the stefan it was in on the other hand may not...
However not knowing the range or the force that the bar hits with limits my guessing.
One of Captian Slugs washer stefans might have a better chance of surviving being launched if something other than hotglue is used to secure the washer on.

#216328 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 March 2009 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be attending for sure with the possiblility of several friends with me, none of which are on Nerfhaven.

#221273 Recon Seal?

Posted by Demon Lord on 02 April 2009 - 04:56 PM in Modifications

Straw modding is a possibility. However in my experience straw modding for the time and effort put into it, its not worth it. The range and reliability don't improve enough to justify doing it.

#223347 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 April 2009 - 03:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be the first to admit, I'm the one who fell out the tree. Twice. Nice curve to run up however I could not get the speed I needed to stay up the tree.
The war was a lot of fun, I look forward to the next war and wars around the Chicago area.
Pros:
-Got to meet a TON of new people
-Discovered my lever action longshot is STILL something to be feared
-Bombardment with said longshot during CTF was quite fun
-Actually fielding all of my nerf guns with friends of mine to prove even the simple mods kick ass much ass as the tough ones
-Overall having a lot of fun with good people who enjoy the hobby and sport

Cons:
-Too long between rounds
-More game options
-Honesty at times could have been much better

@Zorn: Hey! Not my fault my friends are slow!

#224970 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 April 2009 - 05:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Where: Hopkins Park (1403 Sycamore Rd. DeKalb, Illinois 60115)
When: Saturday, May 30th from 11 am to 4 pm (june 6th a possible date if the 30th doesn't work)
Meet up place: Right by the tennis courts

Who will be there:
Demon Lord

Who might be there:
PointBlank
Ryan201821
basser +1
bigred1rifleman
Unsane

The backstory:
Inspired by ChANO, the Midwest needs more wars, need I say more?

What you need:
- At least a pistol and most likely a primary. I might have a few loaner guns but I can't guarantee it.
- Ammo. Tons and tons of ammo.
- Eye protection. You don't have any you don't play. There's a walmart nearby to buy some from if needed.
- Money, or food. I'm going to be taking donations to order pizza later in the day and would like to get something better than a small cheese pizza to share among nth number of people.

What you shouldn't bring:
- Absolutely no singled Titans. Plugged Titans must be shotgunned to at least three barrels - a minimum of three barrels attached to the airtank, with all barrels firing upon the trigger pull.
- No singled AND plugged 4Bs, LBBs, National Geographic Guns, or Signal Launchers. Plugged will imply shotgunned to at least three barrels.
- The only case a single and plugged gun of the above mentioned gun would be allowed is that if they can only fire the stock ammo they came with.
- Special cases on the above banned guns will be considered on a case-by-case basis; if you feel you have something that is listed as banned but doesn't perform powerfully enough to warrant banning you may bring it, but please don't waste our time with a singled, plugged Titan where you shotgun-load a single barrel.
- Do NOT bring anything painted all black. That is bad and you won't be allowed to use it. Orange tips are also required, however orange ductape is available for guns without them.

Misc. stuff:
- All players at least once will be asked (and by asked I mean required) to be a referee for a round. Cuts down on headaches and arguments of rules. If we get a large enough turnout then everyone will just be ref once.
- Three strikes and you're out rules applies. We're all adults (as adulty as we can be running around with kids toys while shooting at each other) so this should be an issue at all.
- Rules for other types are going to be leaning toward West Coast standard rules (see badgers thread and read it).

Games played and planned:
Team Deathmatch
CTF (both double flag and single flag)
Humans Vs Zombies (if we have enough people)
Free for all survivor
Squad scenerios

Rules for HvZ and scenerios coming as I get time to post them.
Squad Scenario number 1 rules are up! See posts below!
Humans Vs Zombies rules are up!
Bombing Run rules are up!
This the first nerf war in DeKalb in a long time and I really want this to be a good one. Let's make it just that!

#225999 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by Demon Lord on 25 April 2009 - 11:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there, and possibly with friends again. And new pistols.

#226011 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 26 April 2009 - 01:15 AM in Nerf Wars

The first squad scenario rules are up!

Scenerio Mission 1: Assualt
2 teams to play, each provided with a missle but no launcher.
The titan launcher is out in the open on the field, waiting to be primed and loaded.
Both teams have to scramble to get titan and to launch the missle at the opposing base, a direct is considered if the missle lands within 5ft of the base and destroys the base.
Should a player get hit by a missle (or catch it) they are out for 60 seconds instead of the regular 20 seconds.
People hit count and respawn at their designated “respawner” before rejoining their team.
Played best 2 out of 3, with teams changing sides between rounds.

#227089 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 April 2009 - 03:20 PM in Nerf Wars

After copious searching, I was unable to find it. What is an RFDG?

#227196 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 April 2009 - 04:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Quick note, if anyone wants to tryout a new gametype or play style this is a good time to do it. I'm always looking new ideas and challanges to liven up the games played. Overall its just about having fun!

#227821 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 03 May 2009 - 02:01 AM in Nerf Wars

So far, just me and a couple of friends of mine that will be joining for sure. From the looks of it the date was a bad day to set up a war.

Humans Vs Zombies Rules:
Humans Vs Zombies
Team based survivor gameplay
Humans marked by having armbands on right arm, zombies wear headbands.
Humans may defend themselves using nerf guns while zombies are unarmed.
To turn a human into a zombie, the zombie must touch a human using their bare hands. Transformation time is how long it takes a human to swap out to a headband and reach the zombie spawn point.
If zombie is hit by nerf dart then the zombie is stunned and cannot tag a human until they get back to the designated respawn point. Camping the spawn point is
To win the humans must survive one of two scenerios: 1. Either get to a evac point or 2. Survive for a limited amount of time.
Human winners get to be original zombies in the next round, if not then last surviving humans will be the next starting zombies. Failing all that, names out of a hat.

#228306 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 May 2009 - 03:39 PM in Nerf Wars

My concern is that a 3 vs all DoomSayer versus everyone else is that a simple "Zerg Rush!" tactic will end the round quickly

#228468 Unicorn Gun

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 May 2009 - 04:23 AM in Modifications

*wondering why anyone would single a Magstrike*

#229566 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by Demon Lord on 11 May 2009 - 01:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I've got finish up modding the new pistols and 2 nice surprises that I've been planning for a while now and actually know how to build now. CTF will never be the same.

#231056 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by Demon Lord on 18 May 2009 - 02:03 PM in Nerf Wars

It's this Saturday. It looks like we have a good crowd.

To all the people who came last time, do you have any problems with any apparent lack of cover? Were the trees enough of do you crave more? After seeing some of those obstacles at the NJ War through pictures Zorn and I thought we might try something similar if there was enough demand. We would appreciate a dollar or two at the war (we're doing it for you! FOR YOU!) but it's by no means necessary, and it wouldn't bother me personally if no one paid. I'd just like to get an idea beforehand so I can plan a trip to Ace and section off some time to construct them.

The only thing I had issues with was getting up that tree and falling out of it. I plan on not letting that happen this time.
Beyond that one or two wall to dive behind would be more than enough cover for me.

#231528 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 May 2009 - 05:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Scenerio 2: Bombing Run
A ball is placed in the center of the staging ground with a large hoop placed at each team base.
Goal is to launch the ball through the hoop of the enemy base.
Person holding ball must drop ball when tagged out and cannot use any weapons while holding the ball.
15 second time out after being tagged, count starts at the designated team respawn point.
First team to successfully get the ball through the hoop of the other team wins.
Played best 2 out of 3 with teams switching sides between rounds.

#231715 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 May 2009 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

The Titan scenerio is the most easily done of the three without needing a large group, unlike the other 2. And I have all the supplies needed for that as well which I can bring to the event.

#232356 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by Demon Lord on 25 May 2009 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

ChANO2 was just as Effeminate as the first one, plus I didn't have the load to haul this time!
Btw: The diddle Gun's actual name is The Bullwinkle attachment. I'll have a write-up in a couple of weeks hopefully...in theory

+ Having my newest attachment design work flawlessly
+ Getting a kill with an almost stock Titan (Sorry Beaver!)
+ Still having an Effeminate CTF game
+ Striking fear into the hearts of my opponents as part of Team Juggernaut
+ Being reminded why I started in this hobby

- Still long delays between rounds (didn't help I showed up lately, so this isn't a big deal)
- Not having that playground
- Invincibility?
- STILL falling out of that tree...

I look forward nerfing with everyone again and attending more wars over the summer.
And for those who are interested, Kast Run is the friend of mine.

#232989 Blood And Bandages

Posted by Demon Lord on 28 May 2009 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Looks good, simple and to the point.
Am I to assume you used a titan tank to integrate into the Maverick? And what kind of ranges are you getting with it?

#233637 Rear Loading Double Shot (picture Heavy)

Posted by Demon Lord on 31 May 2009 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Make sure the the CPVC sticks out from the PVC by about a 1/8 or an inch or so to ensure a good seal.

#233709 War In North Eastern Wisconsin

Posted by Demon Lord on 31 May 2009 - 11:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd be there, just not if it was on Saturday August 1st.

#235469 The Ultimate Doubleshot

Posted by Demon Lord on 10 June 2009 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

Very well done on creating a beast of a nerf gun. Well put together write up and hopefully as reliable as your other creations. I look forward to being on the receiving end of that creation.

What is it with you and frankensteining guns together?

#236873 Chicago Showdown: Now Recapping

Posted by Demon Lord on 17 June 2009 - 01:13 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me down for a maybe ATM, I'm not sure of plans that far out yet.

#243263 Chicago Showdown - Part 2

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 July 2009 - 12:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Unsure as to my attendance, but I will try to be there.
EDIT: I forgot that is the day of my sister's wedding and will be unable to attend.

#245737 War In Wisconsin (echoes)

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 August 2009 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

I can't formally request the weekend off as that is the weekend before move in at NIU, but if I get the day off I'll show up.