Richomundo's Content

There have been 190 items by Richomundo (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58609 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Richomundo on 02 July 2005 - 11:56 PM in Darts and Barrels

When I make my darts, I use a box of cheap, extremely short machine screws (bolts) from home depot. Don't use pointy screws, because if stepped on it will damage the dart (or your foot). As long as you push them all the way into the FBR (thread first), so that the head doesn't stick out, the screw/bolt part on it keeps it stuck and stabalized within the FBR. I'm not sure how this compares to using split shot pricewise, but the extra shaft keeps the weight from displacing.

Pros
If made right, then they turn out well (however this is probably a pro for all techniques)
The "pointy" part keeps the bolt in straight
The vast majority of different metals they are made out of allows for different weights.
Cheap

Cons
If you insert the bolt in wrong or at an angle, the misplaced weight will make the dart spin oddly or curve.

I don't think I should have to explain this to anybody.
Posted Image

#59009 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Richomundo on 10 July 2005 - 03:34 AM in Off Topic

My PC (athlon 64 3000) gets extremely hot and jumps into the 60 C range, is there a way to combat this while running F@H or should I just go out and get a better heatsink anyways? (I've heard the stock AMD heatsinks are garbage.)

#109621 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Richomundo on 05 June 2007 - 05:34 PM in General Nerf

1 Nitefinder (original blue)
1 at2k single barreled.

I prefer simplicity.

#84168 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Richomundo on 01 July 2006 - 09:34 PM in Nerf Wars

July 15?
Count me in.
Perhaps a guest or two if nothing conflicts.

#114835 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by Richomundo on 07 July 2007 - 12:02 AM in Nerf Wars

does anyone have an extra at2k o-ring thingie for the turret?

xoxo

#113326 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by Richomundo on 27 June 2007 - 04:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Falcon,

Many apologies for not upping the footy from caff to you, but most of it was garbage, zoomed in shaky shots, and nothing notable. I plan on attending, and actually preparing my blasters so they won't be held together with gaff tape. The unshaky stuff was all standing around, and the shaky stuff wasn't worth recouping.

But yeah I'll be at 'geddon this year for sure.

:w00t:

#100866 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by Richomundo on 06 March 2007 - 05:31 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone needs accomodations, whether from the east coast or elsewhere, I have ample space in my apartment for guests.

I live in 90403, right on the beach in Santa Monica. Not far from Glendora or LAX.

#114391 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by Richomundo on 04 July 2007 - 12:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Count me in, and I also gave a firefly a 2nd life...

#129128 Music

Posted by Richomundo on 08 November 2007 - 05:15 PM in Off Topic

Flaming eachother about music is like arguing about religion or politics, or, an even better analogy would be sushi.

Music is ART. Art is an expression. Flaming someone and arguing about whether an ARTIST is talented or not is just about as ignorant and illogical as arguing with a firefly. It's just not going to go well for either person in the end they'll both walk away butt hurt.

Within the category of ART there is MUSIC. Music is defined as : an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

Within music there are GENRES. No matter what genre, all music follows the same protocol of simply arranging sounds. If music is the art of arranging sound, who can say what is talent and what is not.

Nobody has the same tastebuds, or the same rods and cones in their eyes, so why would you guys argue over music. Being able to appreciate all forms of music is the best thing to do and recognize the aspects that you like. Just as looking at a painting and understanding the form and time that went into creation, whether the painting is a Gaugan or picasso piece, or a venice beach artist is irrelevant. Talent has no bearing on enjoyment.

Stop arguing about music and start listening to it. Start making it. Just because I don't like linkin park or britney spears doesn't mean that they can't produce music that is enjoyable by someone.

#128991 Music

Posted by Richomundo on 07 November 2007 - 08:24 PM in Off Topic

Ididn't read through the whole thread, but I did read some of the replies, and there's a great difference between what some people see as RAP music and HIP HOP music.

When people think of rap music they think of bling bling baller hyphy bullshit. That is mainstream rap, which has about the same values as mainstream rock and mainstream pop.

They all are general, for the masses music.

I am a deep lover of hip hop, spoken word poetry (check out buddy wakefield, spoken word poetry champion of the world 2005) and hardcore.

I saw someone stated something about the lyrics of rap music. Mainstream rap lyrics have just about as much depth as a goldfish bowl.

If you want oceans of meaning in your hip hop, check out artists like Sage Francis, Cunninlynguists, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Jedi Mind Tricks, Hieroglyphics, Tupac.

I also listen to hardcore / post hardcore / drum n bass / trance / house / synth pop / indie pop.

But if you want to hear poetry that's better than most music out these days check out buddy wakefield.

Seeing a lot of good artists in this thread ;)

#61075 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Richomundo on 03 August 2005 - 08:33 PM in General Nerf

Yeah well I have:
1x sspb
5x Nitefinders (not ex-3) 3 brass modded 2 air restrictors removed.

Appraise that.

**EDIT**
I don't actually care what they're worth, I just like nerfing.

#145958 Midsummer Caff 2008 - Recap

Posted by Richomundo on 20 March 2008 - 12:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I can lend a place to for 1 or 2 to stay but I don't have a car at the moment. (I bike everywhere I need to go), come july that may have changed.

I live in between culver city / marina del rey.

#149095 Midsummer Caff 2008 - Recap

Posted by Richomundo on 03 April 2008 - 03:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't worry, at least your sister isn't a cheerleader.

Anyone there know any good hotels to book, or cheap ones?

Have your parents been to los angeles before?
I know the good places to eat, bars to hit up, nightclubs to check out, restaurants, for most of los angeles county.

PM me, how long are you gonna be in town?

Don't worry, at least your sister isn't a cheerleader.

Dude. I was a cheerleader in high school and college.

One of my buddies in high school got a full ride scholarship for cheerleading / gymnastics.

#126570 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Richomundo on 18 October 2007 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

Bags i love you.

Only real men sport pink on their plastic blasters.

#55317 Armageddon 2005

Posted by Richomundo on 20 May 2005 - 01:55 PM in Nerf Wars

count me in.
july 23rd.
i'm there.

#59925 Armageddon 2005

Posted by Richomundo on 22 July 2005 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

If I can make it, I would be taking metrolink to get there from Union Station. (It's still iffy if I will be able to attend, for some reason my mother thinks I'm grounded...)

If anyone knows of a city bus, or other sort of shuttle from the Irvine transport center to the park? Or if I could bum a lift off of somebody. It would be Richmond + 1.
The Irvine Transportation center is about 5 miles from the park
The transport center is at 15215 Barranca Parkway, Irvine, CA, 92618
The time I would be arriving is around 9 to 915 AM as the next train doesn't run until Noon-ish
I'd be much obliged. PM me or call my cell if you can or know of any other alternatives. 323 537 7167

#84166 Dtg Integration

Posted by Richomundo on 01 July 2006 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

Hey, that things pretty tight.

I haven't been around in a while and it's good to see this.

Good work. B)

#77787 Nerf On Frappr

Posted by Richomundo on 27 March 2006 - 03:16 AM in Nerf Wars

richomundo is nerf love.

#126568 Pn's Long Awaited Nite Finder Write Up

Posted by Richomundo on 18 October 2007 - 06:12 PM in Modifications

Not meaning to burst your bubble, but

I said that my technique on the barrel was new, because you use the stock barrel and another barrel.

that's not new.

lazy boy NF mod

we did the same thing with our barrels, except you used cpvc and I used brass.

Good writeup, Regardless of the ranges you get. Talking about ranges is like a big dick waving contest.

If dremelling out the orange piece too much caused problems, remove that part from the writeup instead of saying "don't do this". It will make for a much cleaner presentation.

#62010 Fall Caff

Posted by Richomundo on 15 August 2005 - 06:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I was going to say something funny and witty in reply to your pics, Falcon, yet anything I do say no matter how witty, will not be witty enough.

On another more on topic note, I can lend my videography / editing services if need be, since the armageddon 2k5 vid is also being worked on (I presume) Just to lighten the load. I can tote my camera along as well.
PM me for a link to some of my work. As I don't want to hijack the thread.

#61715 Fall Caff

Posted by Richomundo on 12 August 2005 - 12:02 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

Falcon if you need any extra help or anything PM or email me.

#62647 Fall Caff

Posted by Richomundo on 28 August 2005 - 11:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to be late, as I have a flight coming back into Los Angeles at around 10.
I have to attend my cousin's quinciniera.
So I'll be there, I'll just be late.

#72042 Next Yano

Posted by Richomundo on 01 February 2006 - 01:36 AM in Nerf Wars

So I know I always say I'll go, and I know I never do. So this time I'll say I'm not going and probably show up.

1 or 2 possible guests.

#147212 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by Richomundo on 26 March 2008 - 11:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh La La, how did I miss this!

Who's down to carpool?

#149185 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by Richomundo on 03 April 2008 - 09:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I hope you guys have some loaner guns. I'll be there but my guns will not.

I know beggars can't be choosers but dual Nitefinders would be nice.

#50649 Caff - California Foam Fest

Posted by Richomundo on 26 March 2005 - 08:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh man, i'd really like to go to this one.
what bus would i take from the gold line station at sierra madre to get there?
It's foothill transit i believe, but the website doesn't help at all, its just a big jumble of poorly animated flash blobs and lines.
**EDIT***

i'm going, and my friend is going.

we'll see if maybe more people will go.

#51240 Caff - California Foam Fest

Posted by Richomundo on 01 April 2005 - 02:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh man, i'd really like to go to this one.
what bus would i take from the gold line station at sierra madre to get there?
It's foothill transit i believe, but the website doesn't help at all, its just a big jumble of poorly animated flash blobs and lines.
**EDIT***

i'm going, and my friend is going.

we'll see if maybe more people will go.

if you are near the sierra madre goldline station, i could give you a ride over. have you been to any of our YANO wars? i don't recognize your name. anyway, and if you're not too out of the way i could probably give you a ride over.

I pmed you.

its really simple for me to get to the sierra madre station, but in case this falls through I'm still going to try to figure out that foothill transit bus.

#52129 Caff - California Foam Fest

Posted by Richomundo on 10 April 2005 - 02:07 AM in Nerf Wars

To richomundo add 1 guest, a junior in high school.

#51242 Caff - California Foam Fest

Posted by Richomundo on 01 April 2005 - 04:36 AM in Nerf Wars

Ugh, ALL of my primary guns are broken. Damn.

well at least you aren't like me, and only have like 4 nf's.

#115133 Armageddon 2007 Recap

Posted by Richomundo on 09 July 2007 - 11:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Everyone called me emo Posted Image

#110860 Future Nerf War Crime

Posted by Richomundo on 12 June 2007 - 11:41 AM in Homemades

As a closing note, I'm pretty sure everyone who's walked by the pool noodles at wal-mart has had the original idea of making a nerf gun large enough to use them.

#146287 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by Richomundo on 22 March 2008 - 02:22 PM in Off Topic

The fact still remains that smog / carbon emissions are a problem and while many of you don't care because you live in areas where smog is not a big deal, i live here;

Posted Image

and I dont like breathing poison so I'm actually doing something about it.

I didn't care about smog and air pollution until I went skydiving.

#146970 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by Richomundo on 25 March 2008 - 08:42 PM in Off Topic

I believe the human body on a bicycle gets the equivalent of 1000 mpg.

http://www.eating2.com/index.asp?ID=2

with a CO2 output of approx 32 lbs per 1000 miles traveled.

http://www.kenkifer....cy/bike_co2.htm

#146192 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by Richomundo on 21 March 2008 - 07:07 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Posted Image

don't wanna make anyone jealous, but

360 degree sunroof
ultra lightweight frame
23" rims
custom decals
stitched leather interior
cupholder

and I don't wanna boast, but I can say with 100% confidence I've got the most efficient engine in the world.

#146282 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by Richomundo on 22 March 2008 - 01:48 PM in Off Topic

I don't want to get technical, but the human body isn't a terribly efficient engine at all.

I don't wanna get technical, but you drive a machine that emits poison into the air that we breathe.

The human body burns calories just heating the air you breath, let alone riding a bike. Not to mention the "cup holder" isn't easily acessible.

My only byproduct is sweat, poop, and pee.

I burn 78 calories per minute cycling (Reebok Instructor News, Volume 5, Number 2, 1997)

1 gallon of gasoline contains 31,000 kilocalories. (31,000,000 calories)

source: http://health.howstu...om/calorie1.htm

Cars are wonderful, I love driving, but the fuel they burn is death and I drive as little as possible until there is a viable alternative for burning fuel.

You guys live in very very green areas and I know for a fact Indianapolis and New Hampshire don't issue countywide smog alerts.

But enough thread derailing! if you want to argue cars vs bikes we can create a new thread.
HUZZAH to your sister :cry: Wankel engines are the shit.

#72759 Warhammer

Posted by Richomundo on 10 February 2006 - 03:15 AM in Off Topic

I've got 15 or so Dark Eldars, unpainted and not even snapped out of the grid (save 4 which are unpainted but assembled) that a friend gave to me for a present a long time ago. I don't play at all and he was trying to addict me or something.

So I'm willing to almost give those to someone who would actually put them to use.

#70859 Best Member Of 05

Posted by Richomundo on 12 January 2006 - 03:51 AM in Off Topic

I vote for chiefthe.

#146971 What's The Most Expensive Nerf Gun You Ever Bought?

Posted by Richomundo on 25 March 2008 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

$6 on the original nitefinders. I think I bought 8 or so.

#46910 Nitefinder M4

Posted by Richomundo on 05 February 2005 - 11:30 AM in Modifications

one thing i found that makes my nf look alot better (imo) is to cut off the ammo holders under that led/laser thing. just try covering up the ammo holders with your fingers first though, because its better to visualize before you cut.

#67860 YANO November 05

Posted by Richomundo on 17 November 2005 - 02:26 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be in Indiana once again for thanksgiving.

All wars planned occur when I'm out of town.