nerfer34's Content

There have been 1000 items by nerfer34 (Search limited from 02-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#118154 Razorbeast Modification

Posted by nerfer34 on 03 August 2007 - 11:08 AM in Modifications

OK so before I start, I will warn you that this will be the most annoying, bitchy mod that you will probably ever do. All do to one small piece of plastic that Blister reffered to as "annoying ass piece". I think I could easily add onto that name....
This is a really simple mod.
What you'll need:
Etape
phillips head
lube
hotglue
small piece of foam
PATIENCE!

WARNING: BEFORE YOU OPEN THIS GUN, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER. IF YOU'RE NOT A GOOD MODDER OR HAVE NO EXPIERENCE KEEP IT STOCK!

Pop the shell open, make sure you get all of those screws near the crank purple part. It should open right up. All the internals
Posted Image
BELOW THESE WORDS ARE THE CORRECT! INTERNALS.
Posted Image
You might need to use your hand to hold it....now imagine putting the shelll back on....lol
Posted Image

Now take out the pluger head piece thats attached to the spring/catch area and etape the plunger head. DO NOT CREATE TOO GOOD OF A SEAL OR ELSE THE PLUNGER WILL MOVE BACK WHEN YOU COCK THE GUN!!(This happened to me). I recomend about 5-7 strips of etape wrapped tightly around the plunger head like so
Posted Image

Now you can't really do much to make this thing less loud but I figured I might as well try this. This id the part that creates all of the noise. This part od the mod surprisingly aids the noise a little bit. Take a piece of foam and hotglue it there.
Posted Image
I am certainly not daring enough to do a spring replacement. I'm not even going to explain why, words just can't explain it... But what I did was put some beads of hotglue, on the spring to the piece of internal plastic. This will stop the spring from ratling as much.
Posted Image

Now lube up these two parts
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now here is where you need some luck. Closing up the gun. It took me 22 tries the first time and 17 tries the second time. Now I need to open it up again....

As for ranges- This mod will increase ranges about 5'. I noticed the difference . I also noticed that this gun is more consistent with ranges. This is do to the etape having a better seal and the cocking mech, aligning better. The noise of this gun was also slightly less noisy.

#83068 X Box Controllers For Sale

Posted by nerfer34 on 10 June 2006 - 04:03 PM in Off Topic

Well I have a BUNCH of Xbox controllers for sale.
I have a
-few nice logitech wireless controllers
- turbo controllers
- mini controllers
-mini turbo controllers

#86307 Would Someone Be Kind Enough?

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 August 2006 - 11:26 AM in General Nerf

Will someone sell me a longshot for retail price plus $10 for shipping? There are know targets near me and my walmart had magstrikes but there stock diminished and now they have only like a maverick and a EX-3. I can't get it off walmart.com for a specific reason too. PLease help. Thanks!

#100569 Chains Compatible?

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 February 2007 - 06:19 PM in General Nerf

Are chains form the Chianblazer compatible with the Razorbeast?

One person has told me yes and the other has told me no.

Thanks

#73413 Sspb Problems

Posted by nerfer34 on 17 February 2006 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

OK I just went to my TRU and they were loaded. I picked up a bunch of stuff along with an sspb. I did the NF and ssp intergration and I loved it. But the only problem is that I have not modded it and it releases air after literally 1 second after I pump it. Dop I have a leak? What can I do to fix it? Should I mod it?

#69997 New Dart For Nite-finder

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 December 2005 - 09:30 PM in General Nerf

I'm not sure if you guys have realized this or not but the whistler stock micro dart works better than any other dart for the Nite Finder.(including the stefan)

#144048 Could This....

Posted by nerfer34 on 05 March 2008 - 09:22 PM in Homemades

And, would you have to blow REALLY hard? Thanks.

Someone needs to sig that.

Yes, there have been numerous topics on this same marshmellow shooter. It's not worth converting it to nerf.

#97800 Bbbeing Mean

Posted by nerfer34 on 06 January 2007 - 09:06 AM in Modifications

You know that AR you were talking about? That thing actually physically PUSHED the arrow to shoot. Now that you have removed it you should probably have it fire micros.

Yes when you put it back together it is confusing. YOu have to pull and hold the trigger and push the whole barrel assembly back, and then put on the white piece and the barrel cap thing.

#298614 plastic Butterfly Valve

Posted by nerfer34 on 25 May 2011 - 06:38 PM in Off Topic

Hey guys, I need a 1 inch diameter plastic butterfly valve... But I was wondering why are these things priced at $200? I just want a piece of plastic that seals with the outer piece of platic ( butterfly valve)... Does anyone know where to get these or how to make these?

#100672 Chains Compatible?

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 March 2007 - 02:46 PM in General Nerf

Does anyone know?

#298643 plastic Butterfly Valve

Posted by nerfer34 on 25 May 2011 - 11:21 PM in Off Topic

I should have made this more clear...It doesn't need to be airtight... A ball valve is too big. I need something flat and opens and closes like a butterfly valve. I can't find anything.

#70995 Magazine ?

Posted by nerfer34 on 14 January 2006 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

So I was looking at that amazing FAR and was wondering how would you make a magazine for a nerf gun. Would you find like a casset case and then put a spring in the bottom of it?

#69722 Triple Strike Trouble

Posted by nerfer34 on 22 December 2005 - 07:49 PM in Modifications

Does anyone know how to put the Triple Strike back together?
I am having lots of trouble with that yellow piece of plastic.

#70006 Rf20 Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 December 2005 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

I saw one modification on a link but I forget where it was. I know there are some mods out there for the RF20 but I've searched all over the place and I can't find one. Can someone please tell me where there is A RF20 mod

#70421 Mod Material?

Posted by nerfer34 on 04 January 2006 - 05:35 PM in Modifications

I've only been using PVC for my mods. I was wondernig if PETG and brass work better than PVC?

#100511 Crackdown

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 February 2007 - 03:48 PM in Off Topic

I'm getting it soon(like tomorrow).

It's a fun game although I'm not into the GTA thing.

I want to play the Halo 3 Beta the most.

#84124 Rapid Fire 20 Pumping Problem Thingy.

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 July 2006 - 03:22 PM in General Nerf

You probably over pumped it. YOu should open it up.

#71139 My First Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 17 January 2006 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

I don't know much about paint but yes the Sharpshooter 1 can be easily modded to a barrel material to shoot different ammo. Its pretty rare gun if you want to sell it but I know some people selling it for around 15$ If that will help.

#100450 Watch Out Ebayers

Posted by nerfer34 on 26 February 2007 - 04:07 PM in Off Topic

Well I was selling my X-Box on ebay(because I nnow have 360) and someone told me to end the auction I'll pay _____. So I looked up their Feedback and it was 100% but only 6 people left it on them. SO I figured to=he most I could lose was the insertion fee was like $2.50 and even then I could relist it. So I ended the auction.

The person's emails sound very elaborate and easily believeable. The person said they were dealing with WESTERN UNION. With Western Union, the seller supposivly sends the money and then the seller(me) must sship the item and give western union the tracking number. At this point I thought that the person was fraudulant. So I looked it up and its a real thing, BUT I looked at peopl's comments on it and they say that it is INSECURE.

And I now refuse to take payment from Western Union.

SO DON"T TAKE PAYMENT FROM WESTERN UNION.

#79157 Plunger Rod Support?

Posted by nerfer34 on 08 April 2006 - 01:54 PM in General Nerf

I know many people have used metal rods or steel to support/strengthen their plunger . I tried doing it to my EAb and it scaped against the shell when I coked it back and shot it. Should I cut the casing or should I use a different support meterial. By the way I used coat hanger wire.

#69807 Triple Strike Trouble

Posted by nerfer34 on 24 December 2005 - 03:25 PM in Modifications

you know the three shooters with the white air tanks well I mean the yellow piece that separates them with the little ridges on it.

#280386 Golf Putter For Sale, Cheap

Posted by nerfer34 on 16 July 2010 - 11:53 AM in Off Topic

I know it's a nerf forum but I'm just trying to get rid of my old golf putter for cheap. It's an odyssey 2 ball putter that's been cut down 2 inches off the shaft. They retail for about $120, I'll let it go for $30. If anyone's interested let me know.

Also I'll be clearing out a few of my many blasters shortly, stay tuned in the trading section.

#72610 Rf20 Or Wildfire?

Posted by nerfer34 on 07 February 2006 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

I think the RF20 is better. Less pumps and slightly better performance, and cheaper.

#121889 Tek Six Tek 6 Internal Pics?

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 September 2007 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

Anyone have them? I am talking about the yellow/black one, NOT the green one......

I can't seem to reassemble it. It's kind of a wierd gun.

I have a good mod for it too.

#216006 Nevermind.

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 March 2009 - 07:58 PM in Off Topic

Nevermind.

#216016 Nevermind.

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 March 2009 - 08:46 PM in Off Topic

Hmmm well I just did some more searching and found that this guy actually might have refunded the payment, but it just doesn't say it. The history shows no refund, but then it says status refunded.
I'm just going to look at the next bill and see what's up. Thanks, no one needs to respond, let this die.

#216012 Nevermind.

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 March 2009 - 08:14 PM in Off Topic

Hmmm well I just did some more searching and found that this guy actually might have refunded the payment, but it just doesn't say it. The history shows no refund, but then it says status refunded.
I'm just going to look at the next bill and see what's up. Thanks, no one needs to respond, let this die.

#208598 Banet Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 February 2009 - 12:45 PM in General Nerf

Jeez, I'd definitely spend a few hours planning where your going to install the sword first. Then I'd really do some research to decide what kind of tape to use. I hear duck tape is pretty strong. That is is you mean BAYONET.

#121919 Tek Six Tek 6 Internal Pics?

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 September 2007 - 09:36 AM in General Nerf

But that's a Tek 10....

Well I guess the internals are kind of similar.

Thanks.

#88432 Question On Viper's Petg

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 August 2006 - 06:15 PM in General Nerf

it was 9/16"

THANKS! But is that 9/16" OD or ID?

ID right?

I bought some way back when. The petg I got from viper fit my darts more like 19/32" It didnt work on any of my stefans and was defenitly more loose than 9/16" brass.

600th post

Well I have 4 inches of it nested in my NF and it seems the same as 9/16, definitly not looser. He may have changed his nominals....

Thanks Sir Tofu and Forsaken!

#75325 Petg Nesting, Couplers

Posted by nerfer34 on 05 March 2006 - 10:04 PM in General Nerf

Sorry for the noob questions but I guess not too many people can answer this question.

- Can you nest PETG into pvc? Of so what size works best?

- Can PETG be connected to a coupler? What size?

I know, I know if I'm able to nest the PETg then I could just use the PVC to connect to the coupler.

If someone could clear this up for me that'd be great. Thanks

#74566 Dremel Question

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 February 2006 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

Um I don't own a dremel but

I know that 10,000 revolutions per minute can definitly cut through plastic.

#73141 Sawtooth

Posted by nerfer34 on 14 February 2006 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

Welcome, work on the capitalization. To answer you question I haven't owned a sawtooth but every NERF gun can be oppened so either you don't see a few hidden screws or a part of the gun is glued shut(I.E the firefly) Take a flathead and pry, it should come off with ease!

#71165 Question On The Firefly.

Posted by nerfer34 on 18 January 2006 - 04:28 PM in Modifications

OK, it definitly comes off, mine came off with ease. For the gun open it up as far as you can and stick a flathead in there and then pry. It should come off easily. For the firefly turret it gets much more difficult. You must pry and work at it to open. It took me like 5 minutes to get it off!

#77603 Attention Bc Nerfers...

Posted by nerfer34 on 25 March 2006 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

By BC do you mean Boston College?

#82275 Lnl Cocking Mech?

Posted by nerfer34 on 23 May 2006 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

I have had a LNL for a while and I have tried atleast 10 different ways on how to put a device so the LNL is easy to cock. I have removed the stock green thing obviously. I am using those string plastic tie things that can hold 75 punds in the air, so I have the right thing. I have tried hot glue which has peeled off. What do you guys use to mount key rings, plastic ties, etc?

#98671 Triple Strike

Posted by nerfer34 on 23 January 2007 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

I have perfectly working internals.

If you pay me for shipping, I'll send them out you.

This is of course if you really like the gun.

I don't know what your Triple Strike's problem is.

#88397 Question On Viper's Petg

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 August 2006 - 09:04 AM in General Nerf

What nominal was Viper's PETG?

It's ID was more than .5" I think. Right?

Can anyone give me the ID and OD of it?

THanks!

#82280 Lnl Cocking Mech?

Posted by nerfer34 on 23 May 2006 - 08:54 PM in Modifications

Drillin a hole.......Genious! Thanks BW, Ya I have 20 of the zip ties. Although I don't know how they would break.... Mine say they can hold 75 lbs. Thanks Nerfmonkey. Also Nerf Monkey I think I'm gonna have to try out your holster for my LNL.

#103042 Ma Summer Wars

Posted by nerfer34 on 29 April 2007 - 06:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I think, I'm finally in!

When I get my license in 1-2 years, then I'm gonna be hittin' up all the MA wars.

Yea, I'm pretty much open in those months. Where would it most likely be? Milton, Lexington, Melrose?