CD-R's Content

There have been 99 items by CD-R (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#116011 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by CD-R on 16 July 2007 - 05:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be coming with z80. Are there any restrictions on guns like at deal?

#117010 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by CD-R on 24 July 2007 - 05:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Wait, I didn't wear anything at Deal...

Geez, man-- I don't even have to try when you set 'em up like this...

Neither did your mom last night? You're right, this is just too easy.

By making himself super vulnerable, has RAMBO some how made himself invincible?

#116016 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by CD-R on 16 July 2007 - 06:09 PM in Nerf Wars

That sounds fair.

#136183 Ecno

Posted by CD-R on 16 January 2008 - 06:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I was there last time, and it's not that much of an issue. We just used common sense, and followed a few basic rules.

NO WALKING BACKWARDS
Don't go in any holes
Watch your step
Stay away from ledges

If I remember correctly, that was last year's plan. Also, if any one finds anything dangerous, we don't have to play in that particular area.

#113476 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by CD-R on 28 June 2007 - 11:26 AM in Nerf Wars

To avoid miscommunication, and noob bashing, I'm one of z80's three people. I was wondering if I could get some GPS coordinates (or the general area) of DEAL park; this way I could look it up on Google Earth. I looked around on Google Earth, and didn't find much. Is the actual name of the place "deal park", or something else? I found a nieghborhood named Deal Park, but I take it that we're not playing there.

#113480 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by CD-R on 28 June 2007 - 11:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Thanks. So then it's actually Joe Palaia Park.

#106756 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by CD-R on 20 May 2007 - 04:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Must have missed the invite only part in the beginning of the thread. OK.

#106745 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by CD-R on 20 May 2007 - 03:27 PM in Nerf Wars

After missing LCM, I would like to come along with z80's bunch. That is, only if we get organized in time.
PS, as z80 posted, the thirtieth is best for us.

#105179 Lcm Summer Tune-up

Posted by CD-R on 12 May 2007 - 10:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I cannot come. There is just no way that I can make it work.
OMC I'll just send the money for the foam with some one else, probably a kid named max. Do you have a scale that you can weigh it on? This way I can compare the two weights to check whether some idiiot stole any of it on the car ride back.

#104586 Lcm Summer Tune-up

Posted by CD-R on 08 May 2007 - 08:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Some things have come up, so I may have to leave early, or not come at all. I will edit this post when I have more information. Sorry OMC, that means I may not be able to buy that foam from you.

#103853 Lcm Summer Tune-up

Posted by CD-R on 03 May 2007 - 09:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I plan to use a mix of micros and megas, but mainly micros. Last time, (at ECNO) I couldn't use my garbage gun (its name is derived form the fact that I made it from random junk in my basement) due to lack of megas, and my 3k broke in the first ten minutes. both problems are now solved. I will be getting a ride with z80, as I am a member of z80's "crew", or as darkshrimp so eloquently put it, an oodle nerfer.

#118769 Apoc Reaction

Posted by CD-R on 07 August 2007 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh, like at LCM or ECNO. I am a member of z80's group, so I know what you mean now. Our real name is clan nightshift; I'm not sure how we got that name, but it works. Ironically, we were forced to stop having night games by our local police department.
P.S. next time I will try to bring my wagon.

#118690 Apoc Reaction

Posted by CD-R on 07 August 2007 - 03:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Double. Post.

"Things I learned from Apoc 2007" by Evil Angel.

- If its you vs. Vacc, just wait for Famine to intervene with friendly conversation.

- When 45 people are involved, Groove can disappear for rounds on end. I think I saw him twice all day.

- In the future, every field manager needs to bring flagging tape with them to their option fields.

- 9 z80 Nerfers are great, but I missed having 19.

- Belts or better fitting pants are a Nerf necessity.

- The Deal Curse is gone, I can play well on that field.

- Hersh has more pistols than pockets, but it doesn't stop him from trying to fit them all in his cargo shorts.

What do you guys think we should work on for our seventh Apoc in 08? If we want the day to run smoother what would you suggest?

What do you mean by 9 z80 nerfers are great, but I miss having 19?

#121884 Apoc Reaction

Posted by CD-R on 01 September 2007 - 07:36 PM in Nerf Wars

If I remember correctly, he never pumped, never reloaded, and never fired. Never the less, he had a great time running around with everyone else.

#119189 Apoc Reaction

Posted by CD-R on 11 August 2007 - 10:44 PM in Nerf Wars

RAMBO smashing his gun was hilarious. But, you missed the clan nightshift ZERG IT DOWN charge. The civil war parts really portrayed the scale of the whole war, though.

#118284 Apoc Reaction

Posted by CD-R on 04 August 2007 - 07:56 PM in Nerf Wars

This was a great war. The fun level was over 9000 (a new record)
With that being said, my personal experiences were mixed, but ended very well. In the beginning, a failing AT3K kept me from achieving my standard level of awesome; I only got 2 kills in the first 3 rounds. However, once I got my gun situation figured out, everything picked up, and I had a great time.
Some highlights include, but are not limited to:
The ZERG IT DOWN charge during the multi-clan war
Getting ten kills during 3-15 in the forest
The mad dash through the trailers (in the end we ran through a thorn bush)
OMC's sword (and Al's theft of said sword)
Getting to work together as a whole clan

Overall, while I started out slow, this was probably the best war I've ever been to (tied with DEAL).

#110166 Nerf War Etiquette

Posted by CD-R on 08 June 2007 - 09:30 PM in Nerf Wars

For our weekly saturday wars, this is an excerpt of our rules on gun hits:
"Blocking: Once a gun has been hit with a dart once, any hit thereafter made by the same player that shot the first hit counts as a direct hit to the player."
So basically, after the first gun hit, anything is fair game. After a person leaves the general battle area, they reset their amount of gun hits. Like all aspects of nerf, we play on an honor system. If it matters to some one so much that they win a nerf battle that they would lie to us, we would rather let them have that than argue for an hour.
That's how it goes down in our neck o' the woods. However, when we play standard 3/15, we play with gun hits counting as an out.

#108060 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by CD-R on 28 May 2007 - 09:47 PM in Off Topic

I play the cello.

#121563 Starbuck/modding Service

Posted by CD-R on 29 August 2007 - 07:28 PM in General Nerf

This reminds me of a few of the horror stories I've heard about shipping (items showing up 1.5 years after they were ordered). Congrats on your new guns.

#115834 Closed

Posted by CD-R on 14 July 2007 - 09:58 PM in General Nerf

Only a few, mainly in my early days. Most just sort of wear out after about a year or more of heavy use. Anyway, whenever something does break, I just make a new part from an old dell tower case.

#125477 Questions That Need Answering.

Posted by CD-R on 08 October 2007 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

How much foam does $5000 get you? I spent $40, and got 800 feet, I can't even imagine how big the container would be.

#125537 Questions That Need Answering.

Posted by CD-R on 08 October 2007 - 10:49 PM in General Nerf

Something to think about: What sort of outside coating would work the best for sliding along the inside of barrels? (if that is a changable option if you order)

#149635 Njno - April 20th

Posted by CD-R on 06 April 2008 - 10:47 AM in Nerf Wars

I might be coming with z80. It depends on what my schedule for vacation is like.

#151536 Njno - April 20th

Posted by CD-R on 16 April 2008 - 08:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be coming with z80.

#122962 Late September Nj War

Posted by CD-R on 14 September 2007 - 11:52 AM in Nerf Wars

Saxon woods park is a very good place to nerf; it has some very close, yet isolated areas, is never patrolled, and most of the locals never use it. THe area where we nerf most of the time is a large boulder-strewn area.
Posted Image
This picture shows only part of the field, but most of the fighting takes place on the plateau on the top of the cliff.
The other field is an area that used to be used by mountain bikers. Basically, biking is illegal in this park, so the county made the bikers demolish all of the jumps, and such, that they had created. Now, there is a large non-forested basin with remnants of jumps and other terrain features. Also, there is a wooded hillside with smaller trails running through it.
Posted Image

z80 is currently in Ohio, so he should be able to give you more of a plan earlier next week.
I hope this helps you guys.
Funny, Wilson and I made the exact same post, at the same time.

#122971 Late September Nj War

Posted by CD-R on 14 September 2007 - 03:00 PM in Nerf Wars

the name of the park is Saxon Woods, and it is in westchester county.

#122158 Late September Nj War

Posted by CD-R on 05 September 2007 - 03:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes, pommyjon is affiliated with nightshift (z80's group).

#109180 Future Nerf War Crime

Posted by CD-R on 03 June 2007 - 02:37 PM in Homemades

Maybe you could do something similar to Captainslug's paintball tank configuration.

#108797 Future Nerf War Crime

Posted by CD-R on 01 June 2007 - 04:23 PM in Homemades

I think this is less of a nerf gun, and more of a potato cannon; not something to point at anyone else.

#106800 Lcm War Today

Posted by CD-R on 20 May 2007 - 07:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome video. Normally I wouldn't post something so pointless, but this one's worth it.

#106649 Lcm War Today

Posted by CD-R on 19 May 2007 - 11:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Now I Really wish I had come.

#106553 Lcm War Today

Posted by CD-R on 19 May 2007 - 05:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Wish I was there.

#106029 Bbb Mod Write Up

Posted by CD-R on 16 May 2007 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

I found it very easy to understand. It was good enough for me. Just one thing:

This is my first ever Write up, so bear with me.

ROAR!!!!

#118700 Silencers

Posted by CD-R on 07 August 2007 - 03:35 PM in Homemades

I remember reading somewhere that any sort of weapon or something with a silencer on it is considered firearm. Here is what the National Firearms Act says:
(a) Firearm. -- The term "firearm" means (1) a shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length; (2) a weapon made from a shotgun if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length; (3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length; (4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length; (5) any other weapon, as defined in subsection (e); (6) a machinegun; (7) any silencer (as defined in section 921 of title 18, United States Code); and (8) a destructive device. The term "firearm" shall not include an antique firearm or any device (other than a machinegun or destructive device) which, although designed as a weapon, the Secretary finds by reason of the date of its manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collector's item and is not likely to be used as a weapon.
I doubt that you'll get any trouble for it, but it is something to consider. I think that NERF guns fall under the classification of a collectible.
I think that it would be really, really, stupid for some loophole to make nerf guns classified as firearms, but I'm not a lawyer, so I wouldn't know.

#121162 Hershfest

Posted by CD-R on 25 August 2007 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

That was awesome. It was a small war, but a good one. When I got home, I was covered in welts from various hits. It was a shame that my 3K coupler broke, but I was able to pull through with my maxshot. My only real complaint was the heat, and all the spider webs in the woods.
Highlights:
Hitting max on the bridge of the nose from ~70 feet off
Finally shooting wilson after him saying "Just try it"
Meeting some new people
Seeing some old faces
Steadily improving throughout the day
Sneaking up on the opposing team, getting seen, and through some miracle surviving.
Various headshots on a few people.

#121465 Hershfest

Posted by CD-R on 28 August 2007 - 08:48 PM in Nerf Wars

sorry for double posting
any pics?

#120446 I Made A Ammo Cartridge!

Posted by CD-R on 19 August 2007 - 07:08 PM in Homemades

z80, I see what you mean, but in the wrong hands dry ice bombs are very dangerous. But then again, any experiment is dangerous. If you are REALLY stupid, it's possible to kill yourself boiling a pot of water. Now, add some high energy chemicals, or high pressure, and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster.

However, z80 is also right. When used in a safe manner, by properly trained personnel, any properly made chemical or procedure is safe.

My take on it: be careful and properly informed before trying any sort of experiment, or like telekenetic said, you can put yourself and the people around you in a lot of danger.

Now enough about this, let's all get back on topic.

#124223 Sept. 30 Battle For New York

Posted by CD-R on 26 September 2007 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Trail directions:
MAP:
Posted Image
I have provided a trail guide, but use common sense. Remember, you're trying to get to the area labeled play area. If you arrive late, stay put and call one of us; we will come and find you.
Turn in at the Saxon Woods park sign
Posted Image
As you head into the parking lot, park on the left side.
In the left corner of the parking lot, closest to the road, there is a trail entrance.
Posted Image
The trail head should look like this:
Posted Image
After walking on the trail for a while, small trail will fork off to left; take the left trail:
Posted Image
After a short ways, you will come to a large trail; turn right on this trail
Posted Image
Looking down the trail
Posted Image
Keep heading down this trail. Eventually you will hit a fork; turn left.
(I know it says go right in the photo, just go left)
Posted Image
You'll know you're close when you see this large upturned tree stump:
Posted Image
You will see this when you have arrived:
Posted Image
The whole walk took us 16 minutes (with time to take pictures)

#123773 Sept. 30 Battle For New York

Posted by CD-R on 21 September 2007 - 06:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna throw a question out there:
So, if we use the carpool system it will be kind of complicated, and if people come late, there could be a problem. But, if we use the main parking lot, there will be no parking complications; however, there's a catch, the walk from the main lot to the fields is around 0.8-0.9 miles (about 20-25 minutes on foot). The paths are really flat and wide, but still, carrying all of that stuff that distance is tough. My question is, which would you guys prefer?

#124311 Sept. 30 Battle For New York

Posted by CD-R on 27 September 2007 - 07:57 PM in Nerf Wars

The weather's gonna be sunny with a high of 75, couldn't get any better.