reversedracula's Content

There have been 163 items by reversedracula (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#29138 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 22 June 2004 - 11:32 AM in General Nerf

As for all this talk of halo influence, I think the nite finder looked already a good deal like the pistol. I also think the powerclip looks and behaves a lot more like the plasma rifle than this new hornet.

#29112 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

You get a sixth shot on the Hornet, and side smacking is easier than topsmashing for blasting. But yes, it's very similar. As for the Scout... couldn't I just call the Nite Finder a Secret Shot remake? And couldn't I just (loosely) call that a Sharpshooter remake? Warhog, other pistols... just seems difficult to be very innovative with a spring pistol without being gimmicky. I think we have to see how well the integration works, whether the barrels are as short as they look and how well that monster shoots smaller darts with a modded barrel.

#29109 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 11:21 PM in General Nerf

"By the pumping of my guns
Something wicked this way comes."

~paraphrased Shakespeare from Macbeth

"Nerf guns are like Voltron. The more of them you hook up, the better it gets."

~paraphrased from Red vs Blue

#29094 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

I am to foam as Ed Wood is to angora.

#29199 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 22 June 2004 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

Why not just Scout, Titan and Sane Hornet? "Sane" seeing as how this one doenn't seem to be poorly designed.

#29249 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 11:52 AM in General Nerf

It doesn't look any worse than holding the Rapid 20, Hunter, and could prove better.

#29433 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 01:35 PM in General Nerf

I made a bad joke. If you're using sticky earplugs, you have worse things to worry about than breaking laws.

#29429 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 01:20 PM in General Nerf

"The law specifies that any device which could be attached to a firearm and could reduce the noise from said firearm, is illegal."

Conclusion: Sticky earplugs could land you in prison.

#29386 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 10:20 AM in General Nerf

I know a way to keep a spring gun quiet. It's called an air-restrictor. Nerf is kind enough to put these silencers in nite finders for us. Hehe... TWANG!

#27744 Party Affiliation

Posted by reversedracula on 04 June 2004 - 06:55 PM in Off Topic

I didn't realize that the UN was a religion, Vintage. <_< All hail Kofi Annan, and his godly grand indiference to genocide. It looks like Rwanda Part 2: Electric Boogaloo in the Sudan right now. Perhaps if Annan weren't dependent on the voting support of dictators to maintain his cushy job. Of course, there's only so much one person can be expected to do... unless of course he is a deity! Still, the UN is far to passive and weak-willed. Its security forces are a joke. People complain about America's lack of intervention in instances like this Sudanese problem, but then complain just as much when American body bags start coming home on their flag-draped biers. But for all the overwhelming aid America offers, and for all far-right factions complain, it's really not that much of our budget. Still, more than others sacrifice. Anyway, point is, I'm tired of the UN being the joke that it is. Either we change the UN to strengthen it in a positive way, or we ignore it.

#28281 Party Affiliation

Posted by reversedracula on 11 June 2004 - 12:48 AM in Off Topic

If we have comments from PROFESSOR Evil... he probably earned his doctorate somewhere... could it be that we're dealing with!?!? ::puts pinky wryly to his lip:: DR. EVIL?

#26962 Code Of Conduct

Posted by reversedracula on 24 May 2004 - 10:54 PM in Site Feedback

I've never run into any problems, as I am an English major and grammar jerk. I think Cxwq and I are cool, right? I mean, at least, I know he's cool... I'm just a jerk gloating about how I never ran into any problems with my manner of posting here. To get to the point though, search for the blue ice thread if you don't know about it. Quite amusing.

#22439 NerfHaven: Tribal Council

Posted by reversedracula on 26 March 2004 - 01:44 AM in Site Feedback

I just put my vote toward Canada, eh? Hope that clears things up, cxwq.

#31124 The Michael Moore Movie

Posted by reversedracula on 13 July 2004 - 10:28 PM in Off Topic

We may disagree on politics, but we certainly agree on the decrease in the quality of Will Smith's sci-fi films... and in the end, isn't that what really matters, my Iron Chef friend? :lol:

#31113 The Michael Moore Movie

Posted by reversedracula on 13 July 2004 - 08:30 PM in Off Topic

I think Ray Bradbury, author of Fahrenheit 451 said it best: "Michael Moore is a screwed asshole."

http://www.worldnetd...RTICLE_ID=38776

Long live science fiction! On a serious note though, I can't help but think this crappy I, Robot film "based on" the Asimov book is going to suck more than a positron brain imbalance and prove significantly more detrimental to the sci-fi/fantasy community. Bush/Cheney '04. Bradbury '08!

#25108 Political Debate

Posted by reversedracula on 28 April 2004 - 11:44 PM in Off Topic

I praise Warlock's thoughts... While there is nice to some fierce, intelligent political debate on these boards, I'm afraid this place is going to turn into Fark political threads or something like that. While political issues are important, it seems more and more threads here every day focus on them rather than the reason we all do gather here to chat. I'm not saying this shift is necessarily all that bad, just don't forget about your foam-lust in the process.

#22620 Bush's Space Plans

Posted by reversedracula on 28 March 2004 - 01:57 AM in Off Topic

Is this NerfHaven? Or a Fark flamewar? I know anything goes in this section but it's still disconcerting I suppose to read this sort of thing here. Maybe new reentry tiles from this Mars project will bring us a cheaper, better foam that won't heat up no matter how fast we fire it.

#29430 Nj Apoc '04

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 01:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, Groove, does this mean you won't be around for any of the games in the 'burg anymore? :cry: One man's home is another man's college.

#29449 Nj Apoc '04

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 04:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, your weapons themselves aren't banned. We have plenty of stock darts, and if you can't fit them into your barrels because they're too big, we could always shove crayolas in or something. There's always a way to adapt things. Good luck with school and let's hope our breaks don't line up so you'll get at home when I'm at school so we can play at my school/your home. ^_^ Confounding phraseology.

#48547 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by reversedracula on 03 March 2005 - 01:10 AM in General Nerf

I almost always use my copper barreled SuperMaxx 3000 blue with a nice strap to sling it over my shoulder or to drop gently and go for either the AirTech2000s or Nite Finders or tri-barrel modded Secret Shots from side holsters if I want to fight with two weapons. I used to mix things up more, but that's pretty much my standard, primarily because I get all the joys of a rapid fire (my SM3k magically, strangely is fully primed after a single pump) with none of the loss in accuracy that a powerclip or rapid 20 bring to the game.

#31545 George Petty Pinup Cosmetic Mod

Posted by reversedracula on 17 July 2004 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

It's wrong when I get the same feeling when I ogle the duct tape on some of my guns... right? :P All joking aside, that's a pukka painting on that crossbow. Excellent work. Just don't lose any more chick-fil-a cups in with your paint supplies.

#31881 George Petty Pinup Cosmetic Mod

Posted by reversedracula on 20 July 2004 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

I put the shiny red Atari stickers that came from my UT2k4 game on my BBB. And I write cool words in Russian in Sharpee all over my PVC on my guns. I'm as cool as Groove... really. ;) *sniffle*

#27483 Arsenals

Posted by reversedracula on 01 June 2004 - 07:23 PM in General Nerf

thethirteenthour,

1) It won't be "your hall" anymore. You'll be spread out across campus, Mr. elite task force.
2) I didn't realize you had THREE Tornados...
3) Stretch the spring on your PVC Chainblazer and make sure your goop seal is good; take the rubber thing off of the internal housing, dremel out the purple part and connect the PVC to the hole directly at that point. You'll get AT3k, SM3k, or splitfire modded distances with that sucker for stock micros. I tried putting in a second stock Chainblazer spring but I couldn't pull the handle back. Remind me to show you how to effectively hold a Chainblazer with one hand with minumal tension or strain on the fingers as you grip it.
4) I reserve the right to ban said gun and mine if the need arises. That thing outdoes my banded, de-restrictored Nite Finder every time.
5) I'm recruiting you to put up fliers next year and to get your little elite squad to stanrt evangilising our "little" games, as they seem better socially-adapted than some of my crew sometimes can be...
6) Tell me more about this Sharpshooter 2 mod... weird. I've noticed mine's been quirky when I try to stuff it with crayolas for micros. (Same pressure from spring - larger ammo = same power into smaller focus = essentially more power.)

#27145 Arsenals

Posted by reversedracula on 28 May 2004 - 12:22 AM in General Nerf

Blastfire
Splitfire
Powerclip
ArrowStorm
Nite Finder x2
Secret Shot x2
Sharpshooter
Rapid20
Sharpshooter 2
Eagle Eye
Missile Launcher
Ball Launcher
Bow'n'Arrow
Slingshot
Master Blaster
Ballzooka
Lightning Blitz
AT2k x2
AT3k
NB-1
SM3k (blue)
Chainblazer x3
Blastomatic
Tek Ten
SwitchShot Max
Fast Blast
koosh slingshots (no tornadoes, sadly) other non-name brand stuff including blowguns, conveted water guns, homemades, etc.

#28280 Fav. Gun Attribute

Posted by reversedracula on 11 June 2004 - 12:43 AM in General Nerf

Formerly Sane, if you've found a blastfire DX500 that outshoots a powerclip DX1000 with regard to distance, I will be shocked and awed. :)

#26940 Nerf Hurts

Posted by reversedracula on 24 May 2004 - 08:23 PM in General Nerf

I recently saw an old converted supersoaker shoot through a fiberglass ceiling tile. When we get back to campus in August, maybe I'll get a picture up here. That steel story isn't so out though because steel is pretty maleable I suppose, and can greatly vary in the carbon content, which contributes to the hardness... but that plexiglas story sounds insane.

#29487 Hello!

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 10:30 PM in Off Topic

I think you need your troll definitions cleared up.

"A person unjustly accused of being a troll may be hurt and express indignation. A troll is more likely to react with verbal abuse, raising the stakes with inflammatory remarks maligning the motivation of the accuser, and may pursue his/her perceived enemy from site to site."
from
http://en.wikipedia..../Internet_troll

For a more zealously expounded study of trolls, I recommend the following reading.

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=2376

http://nerfhaven.com...c=2378&hl=troll

Hopefully this will discourage any future extemporaneous and hasty addled response on your part.

Here's a new treat from my recent continued troll studies as well. It seems an exquisite compendium.
http://www.demonbuster.com/trolls.html

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the yard burning long-haired dolls and books of Norse folklore.

#23190 Any Nj Eb Nerfers Out There?

Posted by reversedracula on 01 April 2004 - 08:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm outside of Philly in the 'burbs. I'll take my strip malls and Philly area before dismal North Jersey any day. Plus, the banjos aren't always so loud. I more have to put up with 295 and the Turnpike.

#29193 Hello!

Posted by reversedracula on 22 June 2004 - 06:46 PM in Off Topic

Not me, but welcome back.

#22622 Any Nj Eb Nerfers Out There?

Posted by reversedracula on 28 March 2004 - 01:59 AM in Nerf Wars

My folks live in New Jersey. I'll be there this summer when not in school. I live in Camden county, sort of in the south, near Philly. Let me know where you folks all play, etc.

#29259 Hello!

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 12:51 PM in Off Topic

Forum uniformity is important.

#28162 Free Gmail Account

Posted by reversedracula on 09 June 2004 - 09:56 PM in Off Topic

I don't even have anywhere to host images. Have pity on me.

#28278 For All You Late Night People

Posted by reversedracula on 11 June 2004 - 12:40 AM in Off Topic

Tired or laid Vintage, tired or laid.

#28199 For All You Late Night People

Posted by reversedracula on 10 June 2004 - 12:19 PM in Off Topic

I stay up late from August to May because I'm at college. And at college, everyone stays up until 1 on the early end and 3AM on the later end. I fall onto the latter end. Last summer it's true I worked an 8-5 job, and the summer before an 8AM-1PM job. And I was usually in bed before 1AM in high school. This summer I'm taking the time to read as much as I can to work on my senior honors thesis/grad work that's coming up. Double majoring is fun. ;)

#32084 I Got A Nerf Gun!

Posted by reversedracula on 22 July 2004 - 12:41 PM in Off Topic

Please don't feed the trolls, guys. It's much easier to wait for an admin. I know sometimes it's difficult to determine whether someone's a troll or just stupid, but just don't reply to anything puerilely inflamatory.

#29034 Pussies! (now Completely Dolphin Safe)

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 10:38 AM in Modifications

Looks like Ice Nine and I snagged the good new signatures.

For those of you unfamiliar with trolls, this is right out of the monster manual:

Large Giant
Hit Dice: 6d8+36 (63hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30ft
AC: 18 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +7 natural)
Attacks: 2 claws, +9 melee, bite +4 melee
Damage: Claw 1d6+6, bute 1d6+3
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5ft./10ft
Special Attacks: Rend 2d6+9
Special Qualities: Regeneration 5, scent, darkvision 90 ft.
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +3
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 14, Con 23, Int 6, Wis 9, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +5, Spot +5
Feats: Alertness, Iron Will

"Trolls are horrid carnivores found in all climes, from arctic wastelands to tropical jungles. Most creatures avoid these beasts, who know no fear and attack unceasingly when hungry. Trolls have ravenous appetites, devouring everything from grubs to bears and humanoids. They often lair near settlements and hunt the inhabitants until they devour every last one. A typical adult troll stands 9 feet tall and weights 500 pounds. Its rubbery hide is moss green, mottled green and gray, or putrid gray. A writhing, hairlike mass grows out of the skull and is usually greenish black or iron gray. The arms and legs are long and ungainly. The legs end in great three-toed feet, the arms in wide, powerful hands with sharpened claws. Trolls can appear thin and frail but possess suprising strength. Females are larger and more powerful than their male counterparts. Trolls walk upright but hunched forward with sagging shoulders. Their gait is uneven, and when they run, the arms dangle and drag along the ground."

Combat:
"Trolls have no fear of death: They launch themselves into combat without hesitation, flailing wildly at the closest opponent. Even when confronted with fire, they try to get around the flames and attack."

If you wish for more information about trolls, read some Norwegian folklore, go watch David the Gnome, read Henrick Ibsen's play Peer Gynt or listen to Edvard Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King from his Peer Gynt Suite, based on Ibsen's play. More info on forum trolls here:
http://en.wikipedia..../Internet_troll

#25653 Age

Posted by reversedracula on 06 May 2004 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

We have doezens of 18-25 year olds that play with me... ah, college and the surrounding grad students.

#29021 Pussies! (now Completely Dolphin Safe)

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 08:48 AM in Modifications

Waiting for Cxwq's posting today was like waiting for a Christmas gift. A crossbow Christmas gift.

Edit: Er, just checked his timestamp, seems I went to bed right before he posted, but you get the idea.

#22411 Irritating Situation

Posted by reversedracula on 25 March 2004 - 10:28 PM in General Nerf

Heh. Going from Williamsburg to "The Garden State" this summer for break. I'll be in South Jersey. I understand much happens there, VACC? Please let me know. I'd like to meet up with some folks. Oh, and Groove is awesome for taking this whole situation with our group so well. We respect each other i.e. him and our club sort of deal that runs these things, and he was cool about it. If anyone mangled his ammo at our games (more toned-down as they may be), I'd make sure they paid for it or replaced it before they could play again. I've got your back, Groove. :w00t:

#22148 Irritating Situation

Posted by reversedracula on 23 March 2004 - 11:10 AM in General Nerf

Actually, the club that runs the thing may have a ban on heavily modified guns going into effect soon, only because it's mostly close-range and indoors. i.e. stefans and such would be out, as would probably be barrel extensions for greater distance, doubling up on arrowstorm or crossbow springs, etc. Little stuff like taking out air restrictors on a Nite Finder or AT2k would be fine. We've had some injuries and such simply due to the close-range of everything. More to follow for those of you who play with us.