Herpestidae's Content

There have been 77 items by Herpestidae (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#164196 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Herpestidae on 24 July 2008 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

Attaching the belts together is going to change the face of Humans vs. Zombies forever.

That being said it looks awesome Splitlip and thank you for your hard work taking it apart! I know everyone thanks you.

#164496 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 July 2008 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

Someone really needs to post a video of it firing along a tape measure stretched out. That way it would kill the speculation. I really don't care if it is stock or not just so long as it is real. Also before one of you with a vulcan yells at me to do it myself just know that I would if I wasn't stuck down in the Missouri Ozarks doing research with the closest Wal-Mart a freaking hour away.

#165024 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by Herpestidae on 28 July 2008 - 08:00 PM in Modifications

Good mod although I am a little confused by the point of putting airsoft bbs down the barrel like you did during your video (I did have the sound off though so you might have explained the usefulness of that and I didn't hear it).

I like the idea of the handled breech and personally if I was going to cpvc my longshot I would almost rather do this then worry about the boltshel breaking.

I do have to agree with some people in that there has to be a better way of setting up the breech so that the handle doesn't snap. However until someone does it, your way is very good.

#181727 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Herpestidae on 05 October 2008 - 03:09 PM in General Nerf

I don't know about you but I wish they would release some guns with that red paintjob like the recon and vulcan have in the picture. Personally I think a longshot would look amazing in that scheme.

#225110 The Cyclops

Posted by Herpestidae on 22 April 2009 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

Good job though I agree with Froot that I would reinforce the shit out of that pump to prevent any problems.

Also how is aiming since in my mind I would still try and aim down what used to be the old barrel? Just seems like it would mess with accuracy to me.

#172453 Nerf Vulcan Mods

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 August 2008 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

i never said it fit fifty in the box i said it will make a mod for the box and when u curve the tip it work perfect so shut the fuck up and other wise i had enough of these fuck ing idiots ruining anything they can just so they think they are better than us so shut the fuck up u piece of shit.

Wait, hold up. So you basically just cut a hole in the existing ammo box so the last 25 links in the 50 round belt would hang out? That's not making a box that holds 50 darts, that's cutting a hole in the existing box and allowing it to HOLD 25 rounds inside, plus 25 rounds outside. While it seems to work ok sitting on your bench I doubt it would work that well if you were just running around shooting it. Of course guys like SPU-Nerf have done better 50 round mods that would actually work. I.e. in SPU's mod (http://nerfhaven.com...12615&hl=Vulcan) not only does the box actually hold 50 rounds, but he implemented a system of catching the belts as they move out of the right side of the gun. You need to implement some sort of belt catching system (assuming you use the Vulcan standing up) to prevent the mechanism from jamming under the weight of the partially spent belt. And having a loose belt hanging out kind of defeats the purpose of having the box in the first place, although I guess it's better to have 25 links hanging out then 50 links.

On another note fix the capitalization and grammar.

Finally, I've had enough of all the kids on the fucking Youtube. New rule. Only Forsaken Angel and those who don't show their face, don't speak, or are generally awesome may make videos. Otherwise please, PLEASE just stick to doing write ups. If you don't think a write up is worth the trouble then chances are the mod isn't worth the trouble either. I for one like to see a short video that compliments a good writeup, not a meh video and no writeup.

-Ta10n

Wait a second. In your first post you say that the mod is to make a box that can hold fifty darts and then you throw a fit when someone calls you on it. Also your spelling and grammar makes me want to cry so please stop with all the cursing and post like you have an IQ. I know that might be hard for you but please try...mkay.

#174650 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Herpestidae on 02 September 2008 - 10:00 PM in Off Topic

As lame as it is I am going to have to say FF7. When the game clock stopped counting I knew I had a problem.

Although I would have to say the God of War series is a favorite too for working off stress (gotta love the throw a.k.a. fuck you button)

#211559 N-strike Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35 Press Release

Posted by Herpestidae on 11 February 2009 - 07:56 PM in General Nerf

Something I have been pondering that no one seems to have addressed is how the drum mag is going to get in the way. The picture shows it attaching to the left side of the gun which might make it easier for a left handed wielder to use it since he or she wouldn't have to go under or around it to grip the front of the gun. Of course for all we know the drum might be able to be fed into either side.

#164966 Chubbs

Posted by Herpestidae on 28 July 2008 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

I have to agree that it is interesting. I personally don't like it but you put time and effort into so I can't really knock you for doing something novel. However it seems like some of the gator parts would break off fairly easily.

#223942 Peasant's Guru

Posted by Herpestidae on 16 April 2009 - 12:41 PM in Modifications

Stylish and deadly. Excellent work Boom!

I guess the only thing that I see that I don't like is that the magstrike pump is between the BS barrels. Did you give any thought to running it backwards and attaching it to the rear of the BBB? I know some people have done that before with airtech 2000 pumps.

#224000 Peasant's Guru

Posted by Herpestidae on 16 April 2009 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

[quote name='b00m13' date='Apr 16 2009, 04:18 PM' post='223983']
Herpestidae - There's no rule that says you have to do everything the exact same way I did~
If you like pumping it in the rear, then pump it from the rear... heck I tried pumping it from the rear once too... but it just
wasn't my thing. I just prefer the front. ^_^

"Smacks himself in the head"

I can't believe I walked right into that.

Rork-yeah we are referring to the same thing. Personally I have never seen that particular mod done so I don't know how useful it would be.

Boom-About how many times do you pump it to fill the BS tanks? I mainly suggested moving the pump because it would seem awkward to pump it in between the two barrels to me. Once again though major props on creating something really functional.

#172473 Bsa

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 August 2008 - 11:16 PM in Off Topic

I got my Eagle on June 27, 2003 along with a bronze and silver palm. Like Captain Slug I kind of got screwed out of my last palm. If my life wasn't so busy with college I would really like to volunteer with a troop but oh well.

#188920 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by Herpestidae on 10 November 2008 - 10:14 PM in General Nerf

About a year ago I signed up to play HvZ and bought a maverick for the game. I got really good with it and then it jammed on the last mission and I died. Don't feel too bad though I had a zombie literally leap onto my back so I liked that death. Pissed off at the maverick I decided to mod it. Friend of mine got me a nightfinder and away I went. Now I am the mod god of HvZ at my school and feared for my guns, too much fun.

#176543 A Different Ls Dtb

Posted by Herpestidae on 11 September 2008 - 12:47 AM in Modifications

The gun looks nice and all as others have said. I am just wondering why you bothered to post this before you actually did the write up. The other way around seems more logical to me (of course the pics would show the gun fully painted instead of just the base coat).

#174842 "vicarious" Mk. Iv (bbb + At2k)

Posted by Herpestidae on 03 September 2008 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

I love it!!! True it is a little ugly but if something is functional then screw how it looks. Enjoy your new monster Norther!

#193914 Quad B

Posted by Herpestidae on 04 December 2008 - 01:19 AM in Modifications

Nice write-up. It is good to see a different take on a singled big blast. Keep up the good work!

#190420 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by Herpestidae on 17 November 2008 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

Let me pick some brains while I'm at it;

Can any one think of a reason why this wouldn't work with any Air Tech blaster, for example an AT4K?

I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing on the 3000 or 4000. It would be cool to add some elbows to the design so the extended tank would go back into the gun. Then it could sit in the area behind the airtank and not make the guns any larger than they already are. Now if only I had an airtech 3000.

#190433 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by Herpestidae on 18 November 2008 - 01:03 AM in Modifications

Well the basic idea should still work even if you have to alter the piping used.

#189341 Singled Titan

Posted by Herpestidae on 12 November 2008 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

You really should look around before you post mods but at least your grammar isn't bad so I am content. Also you should look into posting pictures because it makes the write-up come together.

#175261 Wrist Ammo Holder

Posted by Herpestidae on 05 September 2008 - 09:18 PM in Homemades

That rules, finally a decent use for something from Hot Topic.

What are you talking about, I love Hot Topic! I get half of my clothes from there.

Really? Weird. Most of the stuff I've seen there has sleeves.

On topic:

I was actually going to make something similar, using leather. Make giant watches too.

You guys are assholes making fun of ice. Just shut the FUCKING ASS up about the sleeve thing, he doesn't even do it anymore.

I love it when people type curse words in all caps because they think they mean more that way. Last time I checked I believe that you are allowed to make fun of people, something about the right to free speech and all that jazz. Of course perhaps I am just jaded because I really don't like Ice's videos but then again I don't believe he ever forced me to watch them. Therefore he can keep doing what he does and the rest of us will probably keep making fun of him but that is life.

#225117 How To Make Koosh Rings

Posted by Herpestidae on 22 April 2009 - 07:23 PM in General Nerf

Hooray a new member who actually seems to not be retarded! Nice work on doing something that I would have never even thought was possible using homemade materials.

#177698 The Hunter, By Splitlip

Posted by Herpestidae on 16 September 2008 - 12:52 AM in Modifications

Have you ever considered just removing the external springs all together? I know that would hurt ranges some and decrease the badass factor but if it is not working that well I would rather have a gun that worked well but didn't shoot as far. Besides one of the things that always intrigued me about this gun is how quiet they are supposed to be. I am sure the springs make it noisier. To me I could see you causing a great deal of havok with a rapid fire basically silent gun. If you were firing from cover you would be hard to pinpoint which would go along with my personal style of sneaking well. But different strokes for different folks.

P.S. Sorry this is not a useful suggestion but for what it matters I really like it and commend you on your hard work.

#172289 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 August 2008 - 10:31 AM in Modifications

Man, talk about an obscure blaster! It's like a tiny Double Crossbow!

Question: What happened to the handle? Do you still have it?

It is basically a tiny double crossbow and no I don't still have the handle. It was just a molded little piece of black plastic that was far too small for my hands so I threw it away.

On a happier note I added some mini-bungees to it and it greatly improved the range!

#172217 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 24 August 2008 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

Does it have a trigger or do you just pull it back and let go?

You just pull it back and let it go which hurts its accuracy.

#172214 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 24 August 2008 - 11:31 PM in Modifications

This marks my first posted mod and while it is nothing fancy I don't believe it has been done before. Stock the quickstrike sucked balls hardcore. In my opinion this is mainly the fault of its horrible arrow ammo which only flies straight for about 3 inches then veers off course. However without any further delay, here is the mod.

Materials Needed:
Quickstrike
Cpvc
Dremel or sawing instrument
Hot glue gun
Pipe cutter

Step 1: Take your unmodded quickstrike.
Posted Image

Step 2: Using a dremel or any other sawing instrument cut the barrels off flush with the purple pieces. Then take a knife and clean out the barrels of plastic pieces (I actually cut the barrels shorter after this picture but was too lazy to take another).
Posted Image

Step 3: Using your pipe cutter cut two pieces of cpvc to about 3 inches long and set aside for a second. Take your glue gun and slather the purple parts of the barrels in hot glue.
Posted Image

Step 4: Take the cpvc and force it over the purple part of the barrel. The fit will be snug but it will go on with a little force. Finally you have have your finished product.
Posted Image

Ranges: About 35-40 feet using streamlines with hot glue filled tips. I couldn't take actual measurements because my toolbox got left back at home.

Final remarks: I actually like this little gun. The whole mod take like 10 minutes and it a fun little surprise to ambush my friends with. It could be redone using plumbers goop instead of hot glue but the cpvc is such a snug fit over the barrel I do not believe it is essential.

Praise? Flames?

#172377 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 August 2008 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

I no longer have a longshot to slap it onto but I might try and put it onto another gun.

2 bungees increased the range somewhere around to about 50 feet.
3 bungees increased the range to probably about 60.
Of course neither of those ranges are official since my tape measure is currently an hour and a half away but my fiance has a small one I might try and use. If I can get reliable measurements I will post them.

The only problem I have with the bungees is that it makes the gun a little hard to pull back because of the small size of the gun with such a high resistance.

#172379 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 August 2008 - 05:10 PM in Modifications

I think you should go all out on this thing. Spring replacement, seal improvement, goop up those purple caps, coupler it with some nested petg or brass. 60 feet already, you could make this tiny thing a frickin primary!

Haha I like your spirit Splitlip! The seal with the hot glue and purple pieces is actually 100% tight but if I was to ever use it for a while I would take it apart and use goop so it would hold up to abuse better.I might try and do some nested brass barrels when I get really bored (too many other projects on the side) and besides with three bungees on it the accuracy goes down some. Also remember that those ranges are just eyeballed and I hope to make official ones soon so I really hope no one tries to call me out on them.

Maybe I will carry on in your tradition and make a part 2 to this mod but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

#194924 Bitchslayer

Posted by Herpestidae on 09 December 2008 - 01:23 AM in Modifications

Must run faster must run faster.

#188059 The Contract.

Posted by Herpestidae on 07 November 2008 - 11:52 AM in Modifications

Damn this just further reinforces the fact that I want a sm 750.

#227254 At2k In A Disc-shot

Posted by Herpestidae on 30 April 2009 - 02:56 PM in Modifications

I agree with the others about hooking the tank up to the original trigger for some mad stylish points. Also I never realized how nice the disk-shot looks without the orange priming handle.

#187977 O...m...f...g

Posted by Herpestidae on 06 November 2008 - 09:54 PM in General Nerf

I have sent a inquiry to Bass Pro in regards to the ad and will report back with what they tell me in the next day or so.

#227424 The Better Supermaxx 3000 Thread

Posted by Herpestidae on 01 May 2009 - 01:43 AM in Modifications

Fuck yeah I am so happy to be moving from Missouri to Wisconsin so I can battle against some of you Minnesota lads. I really can't wait to go against this thing at a war.

#183082 Couplered Sharpshooter I, Updated!

Posted by Herpestidae on 11 October 2008 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

Nice job. How is the seal?

#181726 Crossbow Compared To Ertl Pump Shotgun?

Posted by Herpestidae on 05 October 2008 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

Wow! In my mind I have never compared the two but now that you bring it up... I have no clue. That is a close one. I have a Pump Action Shotgun but not a crossbow. I am really going to take this into consideration.

What the hell are you taking into consideration?

#220142 I Give You The Minifinder

Posted by Herpestidae on 27 March 2009 - 10:58 AM in Modifications

I like it! It's small but it doesn't sacrifice any range making it a very nice subcompact.

#189339 Brass Vs Petg?

Posted by Herpestidae on 12 November 2008 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

Ok so I am a little confused as to why being a marine biologist gives you access to loads of specialized cutting tools...then again maybe I don't want to know (poor dolphins).

Onto your questions I have used brass more and it is easy to get a proper fit thanks to the different sizes so I have gotten some really good guns that way. That being said I am starting to use more PETG because it is cheaper. Nesting 17/32 brass in PETG has turned out really well and the PETG holds up to abuse better.

#176266 Through A Cop's Eyes

Posted by Herpestidae on 09 September 2008 - 08:41 PM in General Nerf

This might not fit the discussion but it is named "through a cops eyes". In the past two years I have sent out nerf packages ( 10-20 guns and a bunch of ammo ) to a doz. or so police dept. around the country. Seems like the same as with everyone else shooting the foam helps reduce the everyday stress in a cops life. I've even sent packages to Langley on occasion. Just thought I'd mention it, all types and ages do the nerf thing.
Mod

Forgive my confusion... why do you do this?

Why all around the country?

Also, do you mean Langley as in the NH member or as in the CIA?

I think he means that police departments have bought his guns for fun around work.

#169338 Illinois Nerf War

Posted by Herpestidae on 15 August 2008 - 01:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I go to school at Truman State in Kirksville and I might be able to get some guys together for a missouri war but I don't know about road tripping all the way to the Chicago region. Mainly because we are very poor and busy college students and most of my friends are into the HvZ scene and not actual nerf wars. However there is always hope.

#228226 Homemade Backpressure Tank

Posted by Herpestidae on 05 May 2009 - 02:00 AM in Homemades

Good work improving on the chaos that is homemade airguns. I can't wait to see the improvements you make on this.

#187383 New Buzzbee: Pump Tek

Posted by Herpestidae on 04 November 2008 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

Looks like it could have some potential. However it also looks like it could snap in half with little force.