MAC's Content

There have been 109 items by MAC (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#27665 East Coast War

Posted by MAC on 03 June 2004 - 08:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow that looks real phat. Just a quick question, how much money do we need to bring for the field, and should we bring a bag lunch or are we going somewhere to eat?

#26334 East Coast War

Posted by MAC on 16 May 2004 - 06:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Yooo talio, I can probably make it, and bring along 4 or 5 more people. The only problem is that we all use eather AT's or SM 1500 brassed micros, and I dont want to get there and find out that my gun is to powerful.

#28458 East Coast War

Posted by MAC on 14 June 2004 - 09:50 AM in Nerf Wars

From all the phily guys: It was the first time we nerfed with otherpeople besides ourselves, and we had an amazing time. I wish we had stayed longer, but the time we were there was great. We hope to go to another war some time.
Maby we could hold a war at the park near our house...

Thanx all

#19161 Im Done Nerfing :(

Posted by MAC on 16 February 2004 - 07:19 PM in Off Topic

Yea im real depressed right now :(

The problems are that they were all my guns, so my parents feel responsable,

and also, even if i could convince my parents to let me nerf again (which i probably wont be able to do) all my other friends are also banned from nerfing, so i would have no one to nerf with.

The thing is, none of our parents really liked nerf to begin with, so they were just looking for an excuse to make us stop, and they jumped on this oppurtunity :(

#19166 Im Done Nerfing :(

Posted by MAC on 16 February 2004 - 07:46 PM in Off Topic

It was a maxshot with a micro stefan that had a 1/4 slingshot ammo in it wit hotglue over the top. they were probably about 30 feet apart.

#19150 Im Done Nerfing :(

Posted by MAC on 16 February 2004 - 06:09 PM in Off Topic

Today i was having a nerf war around my house, and my friends little brother got shot in the eye while he was taking a brake and had his eye protection off. He had to go to the hospital, and his eye is extreamly swolen, and he must stay in bed for a week and not move his eye.
My parents and his parents are extreamly mad, and my parents said i can never nerf agian, and they are going to throw out all my guns. The thing is that it wasnt even me who shot him, it was my friend, who thought it would be funny to shoot him in the stomach, but missed and hit his eye.

now i dont know wat to do.

#21324 Im Done Nerfing :(

Posted by MAC on 14 March 2004 - 07:45 PM in Off Topic

Very good news for me.
Suprisingly, We are now allowed to play nerf again!

What we did was make a new type of dart, that after putting in a slingshot ammo, you put into it a pom-pom. This really soften's the impact. After makeing the dart, we brought it to our parents and with lots of pleading we were able to convince them that the darts are safer, and that we would be much more carful.

#19164 Im Done Nerfing :(

Posted by MAC on 16 February 2004 - 07:39 PM in Off Topic

it wasnt my brother who got shot it was my friends brother

#19306 Im Done Nerfing :(

Posted by MAC on 18 February 2004 - 06:00 PM in Off Topic

Sorry to say it, but it's truly your fault for the whole situation. I'm not saying that you didn't, but you really should've emphasized towards your friends that Nerf aren't little toys once they're modified for performance.

This isnt the first time they have all played. We play almost every weekend, and are usually extra carful. I dont know what the kid was thinking when he decided to shoot the gun. Before he shot that kids eye he was usually respectful of the dangers of modified nerf guns.

#19230 Im Done Nerfing :(

Posted by MAC on 17 February 2004 - 05:23 PM in Off Topic

Here is exactly wat happened...or what everyone told me since when the kid got shot I was down my basement grabing more ammo.
The only warning in advance i had was the ear splitting scream from a 12 year old shot in the eye.
They were all takeing a brake and eating some chips, and one of the kids was out looking for stefans, and when he found one, loaded it in the maxshot he was using. He then saw the 12 year old sitting on a curb eating chips. He thought that it would be funny to shoot him in the stomach while he was sitting there :wacko:
He did not take into consideration that his eye protection was off. The reason he got hit in the eye, was the exact moment the gun was shot, the 12 year old bent down. (wierd timeing)
well...

Good news sorta....I managed to divert my parents away from my guns long enough for their anger to subside. Now instead of saying they are going to throw them out, they say i can only use them by myself, which isnt very fun, but at least ill be able to mod sum guns.

I secreatly called all my sane nerf friends, and we all agreed to try to slowly start nerfing again when summer starts. Right now were gonna let things cool down, and when summer starts tell our parents that were going to start nerf wars again, but only with kids old enough and we will tell them we will only nerf with adult supervision if they care that much.

#20869 Lanard Blast Bazooka

Posted by MAC on 07 March 2004 - 05:07 PM in General Nerf

does anyone know how to plug the air release on this gun?
Do you have to cut off the whole back of it?
Thanx

#296518 March Meltdown '11

Posted by MAC on 24 March 2011 - 10:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I will not be able to make this war. My guns/darts are not up to par with what I wanted. Will defiantly try to make the next one.

#294573 March Meltdown '11

Posted by MAC on 16 February 2011 - 01:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe for any of the dates. (contingent upon successful completion of a hopper for my xbow/BBBB). I haven't nerfed in about 5-6 years but I got the itch. I thought i was retired for good but what did I know.

Also any dart restrictions? I used the fbr w/bb + hot glue. Word on the boards is people are using felt tipped darts only at some wars. I gotta learn to make those.

#47421 Nj March War, Via The Viking

Posted by MAC on 17 February 2005 - 05:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes, that means brassed 2k's and other super micro shooters are out of the question. Also, I list the Titan under my banned list for wars I run, Horseman rules or otherwise. The regulars are ok cause I know almost everyone is using PVC with Mega's. For the newer guys, general rule of thumb, if it's more powerful then Freds 1500, it's not going onto the field. Thats pretty much how I'll be judging it. Twins, leave that bitch cannon of your's at home and use an actual Nerf gun.

There goes 99% of the philly guys guns...........

#47730 Nj March War, Via The Viking

Posted by MAC on 21 February 2005 - 08:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Philly kids, or are we too scared to put down the brassed weapons?

More like you're to scared to face up to them... :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, its going to be difficult to convince my parents to let me drive 2 hours on a weekend, since its not during my spring break. In the summer its much easier since being down the shore is closer to these parks.

#29533 Nj Apoc '04

Posted by MAC on 25 June 2004 - 11:13 AM in Nerf Wars

The philly guys can probably make any of the dates, but i have to check with all of them. I was kinda worried when i checked map quest and it said that it was a 2 hour drive from my house. I then checked the drive from my house down the shore in ocean city, and it was only a 40 min. drive, so probably all the guys will come down to my shore house the day before, and we can drive up from there.

#31417 Nj Apoc '04

Posted by MAC on 16 July 2004 - 12:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I have a deffinate yes from 2 of the philly guys besides me, and possibly more might come.

#34287 [ec] Gnomefest3 August 21st

Posted by MAC on 18 August 2004 - 02:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I wouldn't think so. The more the merrier. Bring brass too cause I might wanna buy. :angry:

Are you searous about buying brass? If you are, tell me and i could probably bring some, but its kinda expensive, being like $2 a foot.

#34206 [ec] Gnomefest3 August 21st

Posted by MAC on 17 August 2004 - 04:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Would me bringing 9 people (including me) be to many?

#33008 [ec] Gnomefest3 August 21st

Posted by MAC on 03 August 2004 - 02:46 PM in Nerf Wars

The philly guys can probably make it, thats if we are wanted there, considering everyone is bitching about our brassed weapons.

#53506 Late May War

Posted by MAC on 25 April 2005 - 07:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Ahh my exams start at the end of May and go until June 3rd. So those weekends im going to be studying crazily. I am hopeing to attend a war soon especially since the warm weather has finally come.

By the way whats the deal with guns allowed. Are you still banning fast shooting micros?

#27338 Arsenals

Posted by MAC on 31 May 2004 - 02:41 PM in General Nerf

Our arsonal :lol:

1 sm 5000
2 sm 1500
2 at2000
1 half sm/at
2 bow n arows
1 sm 750
1 night finder
1 expandablast
1 urik crossbow
1 at 3000
1 split fire
1 max shot
1 sharp shooter II
1 powerclip
1 lanard air basooka??
1 arrow storm
2 commlinks
1 eagle eye

#62230 Gnomefest4

Posted by MAC on 19 August 2005 - 10:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I have soccer preseason so I can't make it. Some of our people don't seem as intrested to go to wars anymore, but I still want to, as does the mouth (Tom). He has been bugging me all summer to find out when the wars are, but each date has been bad for me.

#41701 Turkey Day Weekend War

Posted by MAC on 15 November 2004 - 07:07 PM in Nerf Wars

90% chance the philly guys can't make this war. I really want to but ive got a crap load of work to do over the break, my bros comming home from collage, and my parents told me im not allowed to go to any nerf gun wars durring the break. So count the philly guys out unless I update with better news. :angry:

#39511 Turkey Day Weekend War

Posted by MAC on 21 October 2004 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill check with all the philly guys. Im not sure about this war because my bro is comming home from collage, and my family might be going on vacation somewhere.

#33115 Modded Titan!

Posted by MAC on 04 August 2004 - 01:49 PM in Modifications

yea we figured that, so we just made four 12" barrels to replace the three 6" ones.

The barrels are still drying from the plumbers goop, so we have not tested them yet.

#33093 Modded Titan!

Posted by MAC on 04 August 2004 - 08:46 AM in Modifications

Ok now that its light outside, I got some ranges.
These ranges are aprox. I could not get to the exact foot.

20 pumps slightly angled: 140
20 pumps level: 110

10 pumps slightly angled: 95
10 pumps level: 80

As for internal pics.....i might be able to get some. The only problem is that the barrel is plumbers gooped on, so i might not be able to get it open. Dave did most of the glueing/barrel putting on, so when he comes over ill ask him to take it apart to get an internal pic.

#33049 Modded Titan!

Posted by MAC on 03 August 2004 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

For all who complained about the philly guys guns being strong, don't worry, now their even stronger.....

The titan we recieved at APOC is now finished being modified, and it's nasty.

Me and Dave worked on it when we got home from the war and now its probably the strongest gun we have, yes stronger than at2000 brassed.

We plugged the air restrictor on the massive plunger and cut the original barrel down to about 2 inches. We put a small piece of random piping into the stub of the barrel after prying out that air restrictor and put a 1/2 inch coupler on that. Its all held together with a bunch of plumbers goop. For the actual barrel we used three 6" pvc barrels with airline tubing inside them. I dont think anyone really uses this type of barrel, we just kinda made it up and it fits micros really well. (Dont worry Talio, we made some better micros.) The titan came with a little sight ontop, which we cut open and fitted a laser sight onto, which actually works when aimed right since the top is perfectly flat and level with the barrel. we also managed to keep its ability to attatch to the other 2 guns in the set, which we will soon mod.

dave did most of it because he is the man
(he typed this)

http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen1.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen4.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen3.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen2.jpg

#33150 Modded Titan!

Posted by MAC on 04 August 2004 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

You are all right about the volume of air tank ratio to pressure and barrel length, thats why we are testing it with different size barrels. 12", believe it or not, is too long with the air tubing/pvc combo. So we made that same kind of barrel, only shortened it to just a little more than 8". This works better (accurate-wise and distance-wise) than 6 and 12. Also during experimenting, we found that a 12" 17/32 size brass barrel works extremely well. Since we only had one foot of the brass, and we always have trouble getting a hold of it, we decided to glue a coupler onto the side of the gun to hold the brass (which is encased in PVC). So I would probably start a war with the 8 incher air tube barrels, then when I need a loser rifle and am safely away from other people, i can switch to the brass.

As for pumping, it does take several pumps to make it shoot well, so if u like quick firing guns, I wouldn't use the titan. But, it only takes 15 or so pumps to make the air gauge (which seems to work) display as "full". Now full to the nerf people, who are obsessed with safety, is probably alot less than the actual tank can hold. With more testing, we'll post more results with different amount of pumps.

Here are some new pictures of it with its barrels. By the way, the 8 inch air tubing barrels have 4 instead of 3 now. It looks cooler and lowers the reload time a bit.

http://img.photobuck...333/Titen10.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen9.jpg
http://img.photobuck...01-9-311-14.jpg

#33109 Modded Titan!

Posted by MAC on 04 August 2004 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

Here are some internal pics.
As for pumping, it only takes 5 seconds to do 20 pumps. Its very easy to pump.

To be specific about the internals:

There is a safety mechanism on both triggers involving small metal bb's that roll on a track. When the gun is angled upwards too much, the ball rolls away from the the trigger and the trigger can't be pulled all the way.

The air tank is massive, so it can probably hold a lot more pumps than 20, but 20 is the most we've tried so far.

The plunger pushes air into two different tubes, one leading to the main air tank to fire the titan, and one leading to the bottom of the handle. If the Hornet is attatched at the bottom, the tube at the bottom of the handle becomes open and air can pass through it into the hornet. But if you pump 20 times with the hornet attatched, only half the air will go to each one, so basically 20 pumps = 10 pumps.

Also, the plunger is surprisingly small compared to the tube that its encased in, i guess its just for looks on the outside.

http://img.photobuck...33/684d0ce7.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen7.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen6.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen5.jpg

#64532 Cars

Posted by MAC on 28 September 2005 - 08:01 PM in Off Topic

here is my car...

http://img.photobuck...33/100_2449.jpg

#44820 Reckoning 2004

Posted by MAC on 24 December 2004 - 10:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm pretty sure the Philly crew is not coming this war.

The philly guys can't make it ^_^ Our break ends jan 3, and school exams are right after break, so my parents won't be letting me go to this war. I did talk to many of the philly guys, and they all were intrested in the war, especially the "Mouth", but we probably wont be able to attend any wars until spring.
THanx tho

#39283 Nerf Tourny Nj Come All 13+

Posted by MAC on 19 October 2004 - 07:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey I have the perfect solution...

We can just say the philly guys are the best and leave it at that :rolleyes:

#45445 Maverick Internals

Posted by MAC on 04 January 2005 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

How is the volocity? Does it shoot with power?

#42149 Prank Ideas

Posted by MAC on 21 November 2004 - 01:46 PM in Off Topic

Put a for sale sign on the back of his car, then write his phone number and a cheap price like 1,000 dollars. Then people will call him asking to buy his car and he will have no clue whats going on.

#34549 Scout Mod!

Posted by MAC on 19 August 2004 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

The spring from the lanard first shot is a perfect replacement spring for the scout.

#236970 The Guns You Don't Use Anymore

Posted by MAC on 17 June 2009 - 05:19 PM in General Nerf

all of them

#67164 Happy Halloween

Posted by MAC on 05 November 2005 - 05:53 PM in Off Topic

Check this out

http://www.mastalk.c...E1E9E66.tomcat3

#79482 Buzz Bee New Guns!

Posted by MAC on 10 April 2006 - 06:32 PM in General Nerf

Doesnt Lanard own buzz bee.....

#28380 Domination Nj

Posted by MAC on 12 June 2004 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

The philly boys can most likely make the 25, but cannot make the 17 or 18th.