oh1134's Content

There have been 66 items by oh1134 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#258002 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by oh1134 on 04 December 2009 - 04:18 PM in Modifications

Thought I'd show my stuff, because all I've put on the interwebs is two nightfinders hot glued together.
Crappiest first:
Posted Image
Gun made of scrap parts, bbbb shell, signal launcher tank (fits like a glove), big salvo pump, hornet check valve. Not sure on ranges, trigger snapped when I tried to fire it.
Posted Image
Singled LS, don't like. Stock spring, probably like 60'
Posted Image
bbb with Spider-man spring gun, bbb gets 70', smsg 40'. Wrapped in electrical tape for some reason.
Posted Image
NF rifle with a SOLID METAL PLUNGER ROD. It kicks like crazy. Bad seal, gets 40'-50' for various problems that I will solve someday.
Posted Image
PAS, bad zebra-inspired paintjob, was level two, but the reinforcements broke off. It has two PAS springs and a bad seal. However, the foam used to create a seal makes for a plunger opening the width of a bic pen, yet it fires surprisingly well.
Posted Image
Just toys crossbow, interesting mod that allows for bunging (cocking handle affixed to plunger tube), cpvc breach, gets 70' with bungies but kick blows breach open when fired...
Posted Image
And my favorite gun, bbbb with bs integration, very comfortable, bbbb got 120', it just has a leak in the bs tanks. No ranges on bs because... no barrels.
Posted Image
Integration is clean, no adhesives. Used a bolt to attach and foam to keep from wiggling.
Posted Image
Done with sharpie. Says 'I lost the game'. It is balancing on a tissue box.

Have more, will update.

#311337 Avatars

Posted by oh1134 on 17 February 2012 - 12:40 AM in Site Feedback

Yo, ponies are old hat now. You know what all the kids are clambering to get their hands on? Avatars of my webcomic, which is entirely original and not at all trying to rip off xkcd entirely (because xkcd is amazing and groundbreaking and a non-stop laugh all of the time).

Posted Image

Please ignore the spelling and grammatical errors, because the computer I wrote this on didn't have any sort of checking system, and also suspend your disbelief that a Mac user would be calling a PC support line for some reason, because this comic is transcendent and amazing and THE BEST. So be on the look out for Best Comic All The Time avatars soon!

That pretty much sums up my (crappy) webcomic:
Bad xkcd ripoff that mostly makes fun of apple.

#303849 Avatars

Posted by oh1134 on 25 August 2011 - 10:38 PM in Site Feedback

I notice a severe lack of ponies.
This is unacceptable.
All that's there is -a- picture from the crappy 3rd generation. More ponies would make nerfhaven 20% cooler.

#218055 My Homemade Battle Stop-sign

Posted by oh1134 on 15 March 2009 - 02:43 PM in Off Topic

Those are amazing! Could you make a writup on cutting and handling the foam?

#212694 Crazy Prices You Bought Your Guns

Posted by oh1134 on 16 February 2009 - 07:33 AM in General Nerf

A buzzsaw, 50 cents.
A old style tech target (not the gun the target), $2.00.

Man, I know that people here have nerf guns, but I never see any.

#255416 Airtech 4000 Overhaul

Posted by oh1134 on 05 November 2009 - 06:38 PM in Modifications

That is really cool. The only thing I would have done differently was to replace the pump with a dual action pump to cut on pumping time. By the way, you have 999 posts, so you may want to do an awesome post soon.

#239197 Biodegradable Darts

Posted by oh1134 on 29 June 2009 - 09:52 AM in Homemades

At cabelas, I saw biodegradeable airsoft bbs. They might not be heavy enough, but they're worth a shot.

#211123 My Homemade Swords

Posted by oh1134 on 10 February 2009 - 03:29 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Anyways, those swords are cool. I've made a numchuck out of cpvc, foam, hot glue and electical tape once.

#206882 The Basic Explaination Of The Rscb

Posted by oh1134 on 27 January 2009 - 03:23 PM in Darts and Barrels

THANK YOU! I have wondered about this for awhile.
I should put one on my LBB...

#217311 The Use Of Duct Tape In Nerfing...

Posted by oh1134 on 10 March 2009 - 02:36 PM in Modifications

Duck tape... quack quack!

How do you get duct tape inside the holster? I have trouble with that.

#210864 My Snap Bow =)

Posted by oh1134 on 09 February 2009 - 04:01 PM in Homemades

I don't believe you on the ranges.

Homemade springers can hit higher the modded guns because they have bigger plunger tubes.

#217647 Headshots

Posted by oh1134 on 12 March 2009 - 02:53 PM in General Nerf

...If you hypothesize that whatever reanimated them doesn't need a head.

But you're forgetting about headcrabs!

#229006 Spring Powered Nerf Pocket Scatter (s.p.n.p.s.)

Posted by oh1134 on 08 May 2009 - 02:12 PM in Modifications

You are a genius. They are selling the ones in the picture at oriental trading. This would be PERFECT for integration.

#207595 Super Cheap And Easy Streamline Dart Mod

Posted by oh1134 on 29 January 2009 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

I think I have done this before.
I widened the gap a little, squeezed in the bbs, and glued the incision.
Its easier then CDTDs, but just as effective is some ways.

#254861 Jlego's Hybrid Breech System (somewhat Picture Heavy)

Posted by oh1134 on 29 October 2009 - 02:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

I don't see why people always say you need a dremel for making breaches. I made this
Posted Image
with TWO SAWS and a FILE. I make clean breaches all of the time with a hacksaw. It's not that hard.

#205736 Double Nf Writeup

Posted by oh1134 on 23 January 2009 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

Some of the pics are broken, but good writeup otherwise.

Muker

Broken Pics have been fixed. The problem was that the /img tag was in a different line.
I'll keep this in mind next time.

#205730 Double Nf Writeup

Posted by oh1134 on 23 January 2009 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

Re-assemble the plunger tube and place it inside the gun, and the glue the barrel to the shell.
Posted Image

Close the shell, but don't screw it back shut.
Posted Image

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Cut of ONE of the nf's ammo holder.
Posted Image

Cut the other one to where the ammo holder starts to curve.
Posted Image

Compare the blasters, one on top of each other, and mark where the blasters meet when the ammo
holder/lack of an ammo holder meet.
Posted Image

Cut 'em off with a well placed karate chop.
Posted Image

Glue the shells together, but in two haves so you can still unscrew them.
Posted Image

I added cpvc ammo holders because my darts are smaller then the stock ammo holders.
Posted Image

Screw them together and apply tape to the rough areas.
Posted Image

You're done!

Ranges: I shot 8 darts, and of the 7 I found the lowest was 42' and the highest was 50', the effective range
is about 40'. Keep in mind that I have no banding/spring addition.

First post, Questions, Comments, Flames?

#205935 Double Nf Writeup

Posted by oh1134 on 24 January 2009 - 01:04 PM in Modifications

I'd definitely recommend replacing any hot glue and tape with a stronger bond. I recommend Plumbers Goop and Epoxy Putty.

Actually, the hot glue is very strong. I can throw it in the ground and it won't break. One half will only bend one way, and the other only bends the other, canceling each other out.
Quick Wii Edit: If I get some goop/putty, I will probubly seal the barrel better and smooth out the joints, but right now I have another integration planned...

#205727 Double Nf Writeup

Posted by oh1134 on 23 January 2009 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

Double manta-style NF

By Oh1134

Awhile ago, I had wanted to make a manta-ray style NF. So, I searched and looked in the
directory, and all I found were pictures of what some people ha done. So, later, after
I got two nightfinders, I busted out my camera and got to work.

EDIT: The barrels on this thing are crap. Use other methods, as the barrels will eventually break.

Ingredients:
Posted Image
2 nfs
CPVC/barrel of choice
hot glue

Tools:
pipe cutters(optional)
hacksaw
hot glue gun
marker
drill (optional)
knife

First, open up yer NF.
Posted Image

Unscrew the plunger tube and pull it out.
Posted Image

Pull of the barrel and dump out the AR's
Posted Image

See this?
Posted Image
Whittle it down to this.
Posted Image

See this?
Posted Image
Cut/drill it to this.
Posted Image

Glue your barrel onto the part that had the post.
Posted Image

Scrape your knife inside the front barrel part until your barrel fits through it. It takes awhile, but it's worth it because
it makes the barrel sturdier.
Posted Image

DO NOT POST UNTIL I AM FINISHED

#292147 Nitefinder Draw Extension, Plunger Tube Replacement, Etc.

Posted by oh1134 on 03 January 2011 - 04:01 PM in Modifications

Nice! I just go a clear NF for Xmas, I'll try this!

#276193 Marshmallow Mforcer

Posted by oh1134 on 27 May 2010 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

Someone should try replacing the semi auto valve with a regular one, then it might achieve titan ranges.

#212755 Crossfire 2000

Posted by oh1134 on 16 February 2009 - 01:20 PM in Modifications

Cool. looks like someone figured out how to integrate an at2k. I got depressed trying to remove the @#$% goo gauge with a hacksaw and hot glue...

#227241 At2k In A Disc-shot

Posted by oh1134 on 30 April 2009 - 02:13 PM in Modifications

What would look REALLY cool is if you but the 2k in WITH the disk shot. I don't know where the pump would go, though.

#209491 Math Puzzle

Posted by oh1134 on 04 February 2009 - 04:06 PM in Off Topic

Okay. I haven't read anything else but the first post, but I think it's 1/2. I WILL NOW CHECK.
Edit: Dang, I'm wrong. I misunderstood, thinking the radius of the red circle was one.

#208917 The Red Star Breech

Posted by oh1134 on 02 February 2009 - 03:19 PM in Darts and Barrels

I made something similar, though I put it on a LBB. It had e-tape one the 1/2" cpvc so it would fit in 3/4" cpvc, so there are no couplers.
EDIT: I have stefans that fit perfectly in 1/2" cpvc, you can PM me if you're interested.

#241241 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by oh1134 on 10 July 2009 - 08:21 AM in Modifications

Did you get a RSCB nightfinder to work? Mine shoots about 20 feet if it fired at all, which is odd because it shot 70 feet before.

#251029 Triple Nightfinder Help

Posted by oh1134 on 20 September 2009 - 05:29 PM in Modifications

Try plowing down th barrel. If it leaks, make sure the plunger head is sealed real nice and the barrel has been securely and airtight(ly?) glued on.

#255619 Stiff Ball Valve?

Posted by oh1134 on 07 November 2009 - 05:48 PM in Homemades

You could attach a piece of pvc over part of the handle and glue and bolt it in place to give it more leverage, which will help in addition to lubing. I recommend silicone lubricant. Also, homemade airguns aren't universally bad. For example, I'm thinking of making a homemade airgun that has a similar volume and pump as an at2k. But most people will ban it. I think that homemade airguns should be tried out first before they are banned.

#219790 Air Zone 2009

Posted by oh1134 on 25 March 2009 - 02:30 PM in General Nerf

I too saw the area 52 blaster.
However, DUHN DUHN DUHN it uses shells.

#254069 A Simple, Strong Snap Handle

Posted by oh1134 on 20 October 2009 - 02:40 PM in Homemades

Good idea! If you did not want to use screws to attach the 'modular handle' to the blaster, you could use epoxy or super glue.

#230413 Longshot Bolt Issues

Posted by oh1134 on 15 May 2009 - 03:57 PM in Modifications

I had a similar problem, and I think it may have to do with a small white peice that connects to the small part on the back of the bolt. Another fix is to not put in some screws near the back of the gun. The bolt sled is catching on the shell, and removing screws will let the shell move slightly to get out of the way.

#225477 Recon Barrel Replacement

Posted by oh1134 on 24 April 2009 - 02:48 PM in Modifications

Just so you know, I'm going to tell you a few unspoken rules:
Don't post a writeup without pictures.
Don't post what you will do, just what you have.
Use as good grammar and spelling as you can. Not a rule, you can get by without it, but other people will probably trust you more.

By the way- don't tease someone if they don't understand that it's wrong.

#257318 New Stefans

Posted by oh1134 on 26 November 2009 - 02:44 PM in General Nerf

Here is an Idea, why not cut the sharp spike off of the tack, yes that would be like using a washer but if you really want to use thumb tacks this would take away part of the danger. Seriously though, you need to put felt over that.

That is actually a good idea. If you cut off the spike, hot glued the thumbtack into the foam, and then hot glued a small piece of foam onto the tack this could work, but really it's up to whoever's running the war.

#231066 Big Bad Bow Help

Posted by oh1134 on 18 May 2009 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

Wait one last question, when I opened up my BBB, I was surprised to see another purple plastic "containment unit". I'm used to just opening up a nerf gun and see the orange internals. I have no idea how to open this and get to the internals, I removed the screws but its still not opening. Any ideas?

The part that goes into the other side of the shell is glued. Just yank it open. However, you will only need to do this if you are improving the seal or replacing the spring.

#221423 The Monk

Posted by oh1134 on 03 April 2009 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

What's the point of RSCB clipping a previously clipped gun, besides range?

I don't know about anyone else, but the main reason I don't like the longshot is the clips. If you reload a clip, you have to use two hands, which is a little uncomfortable, especially with an integration, whereas you do not need to let go of the gun to reload a RSCB.

#230155 (not So) Epic Fail!

Posted by oh1134 on 14 May 2009 - 02:23 PM in Homemades

Disregard.

#216277 What The Fuck...

Posted by oh1134 on 04 March 2009 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

Would a double shot spring and the stock spring work well without fucking up the plunger tube?
I just dug up a few from the bottomless pit which is my closet.. :)

-Mehku

I did that to two NF's, and they both work fine.

#209231 First Shots Of The N.b.w.s Snake Eyes

Posted by oh1134 on 03 February 2009 - 03:20 PM in General Nerf

There is this pistol I saw at Cabela's, its this revolver that shoots these little rubber bullets (not exactly darts) for 15$. It is really powerful (it stings stock) considering it's flint-lock. I thought you could paint one, It would be sweet.

#234130 Dart Tooth Help

Posted by oh1134 on 03 June 2009 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

Instead of using the super-soaker as a foregrip open it up, plug the pump, and add a cpvc coupler.

It's actually a push/pull gun. This gun is really good-don't waste it on a LS shotgun grip!

#213493 Ctf Flags

Posted by oh1134 on 19 February 2009 - 03:31 PM in Modifications

Heh. You could put noodles on it and whack people with it like they do on Runescape. Also, I think you could put stakes in the base to keep it in the ground and have another threaded coupling to keep the enemy's flag.