mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#143658 Rototrack Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 March 2008 - 04:51 PM in Modifications

I recently took apart and didn't mod my rototrack.
Now that I put it back together, I pull the handle, it rotates, but when I pull it the rest of the way (the last 5 6ths of the way) the spring/plunger doesn't release.
Im assuming that it is very similar to other pushpull guns so any advice would be really welcome.
Will post some internal pics.

#164638 Recon Catch?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 July 2008 - 01:32 PM in Modifications

I finished modifying my recon the other day, with a brass breech, etape around plunger tube etc. Now the gun fails to catch maybe 40% of the time. Im not sure what is causing this, as I did nothing to change the spring power, apart from the etape which should not require a catch spring replacement.
Any imput is greatly appreciated.

#142514 Homemade Chains For Razorbeast/rototrack.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 February 2008 - 05:12 PM in Homemades

I recently aquired a rototrack and razorbeast, and would like to know if anyone has succeeded in making some homemade chains for it. I used the search function, and it had only been speculated about.
Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks

#174080 Bf 1942?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 September 2008 - 08:07 AM in Off Topic

After playing Battlefield Bad Company and loving it, I decided to go back to the roots of the Battlefield series.
I have an old copy of BF:1942, but no CD key. I have run it through the hack to be able to use any key, but the online ones, the ones you can get online, don't work for some reason. My cousin did this too, and borrowed his firend's CD key, and it worked. I was wondering if anyone who has this game would lend me their CD key.
Thanks

#155851 Possible Edmonton Nerf War?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 May 2008 - 08:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Just putting this out there. All the Nerf wars I have checked out have been in the states and I don't have the time nor money to fly down there. Just a suggestion, but anyone in the Edmonton area wanna get together and have one?
I have never organized one before, so some help would be nice.
Hope I can get this going sometime in late July to early August.

Let me know what you think

Signed: Ultima-Weapon

I live in Toronto, but go to edmonton every summer. If you planned it for around late august, I would be able to attend.

#238287 My Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 June 2009 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

First off, this belongs in Modifications, not General Nerf.
Generally, modifications use pictures, and people do not take too kindly to having a modification posted with bad spelling and grammar, no pictures and at best murky instructions. If I were you, I would read the code of conduct.
I am just trying to help you, because the admins will likely ban you quickly if you continue this way, and you seem to know something about what you are doing, therefore you getting banned would be a shame.

#251413 Ottawa War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 September 2009 - 04:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I have a whole pile of family in Carleton Place, that I intend on going to visit some time before November. We shall see about a war though. I kinda doubt I would have a day to spare.

#159540 Crossbow Level Site.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 June 2008 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

Thanks. Exactly what I was talking about.

#259496 Best Way To Seal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 December 2009 - 04:33 PM in Homemades

Hot glue won't EVER cut it. It may seal for a bit, but it isn't meant to hold pressure and will weaken over time. Goop is my sealant of choice, but epoxy works too. Vinyl tubing will bond to almost all nerf plastics with pvc/abs solvent weld. That shit won't EVER come off. Be sure to sand down the parts you are epoxying tho. Don't do that, and the epoxy probably won't work.

#152419 Sawtooth Spring Replacement.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 April 2008 - 02:42 PM in Modifications

Do you have a firstshot spring I could buy? If not, do you have a busted first shot?
I would pay 3$+ship.

#149509 Clips?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 April 2008 - 04:35 PM in Modifications

I have a hard time believing that this has never been mentioned before, but I was unable to find anything about whether a magstrike clip can work in a powerclip. I recently aquired a PC and want to mod it, and I have a spare MS clip.

#143513 Razorbeast Rotation Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 March 2008 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

I recently bought my razorbeast of general cole. I have a set of perfect chains and when I cycle through them on the razorbeast, it jams like every 3 shots.
I know it isn't a great gun, I just think that's a bit excessive.
Thanks for any help.

#150075 Rf20 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 April 2008 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

I gave my friend a RF20 for his birthday. He tried to mod it himself, I advised him not to, but he tried and now it doesn't rapid fire anymore. It only does what appears to be single fire (fires as fast as you can pull the trigger) Im not really sure what he did exactly, but Im trying to fix it. Any advice would be welcome.

#150077 Rf20 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 April 2008 - 05:17 PM in Modifications

The part where the yellow know was is the problem I am guessing. The red piece in that area must be pushed down for it to rapid fire.

I noticed that. Im going to glue it down, replace barrels, and then see how it works.

#159533 Crossbow Level Site.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 June 2008 - 06:29 PM in General Nerf

I once found this site that had what each level of modification of a crossbow, and the materials required.
I can't find it anymore. Could someone please tell me where this is, and perhaps supply a link.
Thanks

MSDFS

#152370 Sawtooth Spring Replacement.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 April 2008 - 11:08 AM in Modifications

I know perfectly well that frost vectron used a rattler spring to replace the spring on his sawtooth. I am doing a similar mod, but I am not really satisfied with 44ft average. I saw that frost said that the spring has to compress really small. I am thinking about cutting down a NF spring, or making a new catch spot.
Does anyone think this will work?
Thanks in advance.

#225217 Angel Breech Vs +bow

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 April 2009 - 02:26 AM in General Nerf

For this, I am going to assume you are talking about an angel breeched longshot... Anyway, It completely depends on what kind of nerfing you will be doing. Are you going to be nerfing in large open parks with ranges between people of 100ft+ or are you going to be in a tighter, closer ranged environment, such as a gym, or playground? If you are in the open park scenario, I would go with the +bow as it will give you the range you need. If you are in the closer environment, I would go with the angel breeched longshot, as it has decent range and ROF, and reloading with a clip is easier than a flip breech/ramrodding.
If you don't feel confident with a dremel/pipe cutters, do not attempt an angel breech.

#199168 My Trip To Goodwill

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2008 - 10:24 AM in Off Topic

I really should go to goodwill more often.... Nice find. Is it leaky at all? I got a NIB SM750 from k9, and it was hella leaky, but easily fixed. Old guns sitting around in their packaging tend to devellop leaks I guess.

#202804 Hi People!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 January 2009 - 07:41 AM in Modifications

Go to my controls in the right hand corner of your screen. That will let you edit your profile. Welcome to the haven. Oh and I see that you are trying to use a picture in your sig. I don't believe that is allowed here. You may want to remove it.

#163126 Crossbow Issues.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 July 2008 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

This kind of helps me. I had it forced up against the spring rests like that, but it wouldn't close.
I don't have any integrations, or anything. It just won't close, I don't know why.

#163113 Crossbow Issues.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 July 2008 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

I got my crossbow a few days ago and set about fixing it up, as it had a lot of hot glue residue in it. That worked fine, but now I can't seem to close it. I noticed that the plunger tube can be pushed up and down against the spring rests about 2 inches. I was wondering what is the correct positioning for the plunger tube. Please don't ask me stupid questions as I sliced my arm open while scraping the glue out and it hurts to type.

#157466 Ignore

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 May 2008 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

I dont know if this is something that is "bad" here at nerfhaven, but does anybody have pics or ideas? The reason is that i'm not allowed to get real airsoft guns. I've already made some simple desings out of the NF and i have a mod i have thought up for the at3k or at2k, either will work for what i wanna do. So post your ideas....i hope i don't get myself banned for posting this. :unsure:

Find a barrel that fits your airsoft projectiles, wrap a shitload of etape around them, and shove them into the barrels of whatever gun you are modding. This should be in off topic, as it has little to actually do with nerf.

#261595 Doomsayer Turret Issue

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 January 2010 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

If Bob's idea doesn't work, try sticking the entire base of the thing in boiling water for about 10 seconds. That won't damage the plastic, but it will do away with any glue. Also, the plunger head, at least on mine that I got a few days ago, is also solvent welded on. A few smacks with a hammer got it off, but put it in boiling water first, or you just might break something you don't want to.

#152930 Ss2 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 April 2008 - 04:02 PM in Modifications

Thanks a lot guys. Im going to buy it. I heard that it can be a pretty potent sidearm.
Thanks

#152798 Ss2 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 April 2008 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

I know this has been discussed before, as I serched, but the images weren't working, and I didn't know what was wrong with that.
I am buying a SS2 that aparently leaks air out the front. I have heard that if you spray silicone lube into it that it will work, and if you spray a crapload into the plunger tube, and pump it in, that that will also work.
I noticed, that someone in the tread commented that he sawed the airtank apart. Do you have to do this?
Is there any other way to prevent your SS2 from leaking?

#154947 At2k Question.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 May 2008 - 07:40 PM in General Nerf

I don't actually have an at2k, but I was wondering how long the pump tube is exactly? I need to know so I can substitute a different gun in for an integration.

#204808 Angel Breech Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

Yes, you do. If you are following Hereticorp's method (which I reccomend, It's easier to follow than FA_24's, no offence), you need to sand down the inside of the bolt enough to fit the 19/32 all the way to the back.
Hope this helps.

#157947 Sm3k Issues Yet Again.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 June 2008 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

I may have fixed the problem. I used half my tube of epoxy, and a bunch of goop. If that doesn't work Oodalumps, could I purchase a piece of that brass from you?

#139769 Sm2.5k Pump Fix

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 February 2008 - 04:56 PM in Modifications

I recently bought a sm2,5k off my cousin. He was getting rid of it, as it's pump handle had broken, which I heard is a common malfunction with this gun. Is there any way to easily fix this? I thought maybe a lot of my supercomboglue (epoxy, gorilla, goop) might fix it. or could I dremel down the front of the gun and extend the shaft of the pump and attach a handle to it that way?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks.

#157936 Sm3k Issues Yet Again.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 June 2008 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

I got my SM3k at a garage sale a few weeks back. I opened it up to mod, and I broke the small connector that goes into the tubing on the tank. This happened to my old 3k, and I could not get it to work after that. I have tried epoxying it back on, gluing the broken piece in the tubing and gooping it onto the tank, that didn't work etiher. I really don't want to throw it out, so can anyone suggest how I might get it to work. I will post pics if nessecary.

#234772 Rear Loading Rototrack Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 June 2009 - 09:02 AM in Modifications

Very nice, but most of this has been done before Here
Nice idea using the chains though, I should have thought of that.

#206422 Defender T3 Writeup

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 January 2009 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

Awesome. That is one word. I should have NEVER given my DT3 pistol to chefdave for free... Anyway, I could never get more than 40ft out of it. I love the double coupler. I have one on my xbow and on my singled 2k. I alternate barrels a lot, dremmeled out CPVC fits my darts nicely for a springer, but PETG is perfect for an airgun.

#159246 Wts Halo3, In Off Topic.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2008 - 11:50 AM in Off Topic

Yea, I think Im going to sell it to EB games. Everything is more expensive in Canada, no one will buy anything for our prices.
Slightly off topic: Have you shipped my 750 yet?

#156463 Firefly Modification.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 May 2008 - 07:42 AM in Modifications

Im going to do this as soon as I get my FF. I think that I will add a NF spring, or a SS2 spring, if nerfer75 doesn't buy it from me. Is that silicone stuff glue? I couldn't tell by looking at the picture.

#154561 At2k Quad Mod Writeup (pvc)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 May 2008 - 12:02 PM in Modifications

Fugly. 60ft isn't great for a 2k though. I thougt that they went more like 80-90. If not, pretty cool mod.

#159238 Wts Halo3, In Off Topic.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2008 - 10:23 AM in Off Topic

I sold it to gamerush.

#162976 Recon Prob. With Pics.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 July 2008 - 09:11 AM in Modifications

I am modding a recon for my cousin, using ofallthenerf's method.
I did the brass in the bolt and all. This worked fine, but now the bolt will not go in far enough to even meet the lip of the part where the dart tooth is.

Here is the problem with the bolt not meeting the lip, this is taken down the barrel.
Posted Image

Here are the internals, minusthe catch plate, and trigger.
It seems to me that it is too short, but I didn't lose much material in the bolt making.

Posted Image

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#163000 Recon Prob. With Pics.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 July 2008 - 01:44 PM in Modifications

I seem to have fixed this. Apparently this happens with all recons, even my other stock one. I am in the process of brass breaching it, which will hopefully add a few feet onto the range.

#162993 Pvc Probs

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 July 2008 - 12:11 PM in Modifications

1/2 PVC will be loose on micros, and fit megas perfectly. If it is too small, I think you are using CPVC, which is very tight on micros. With this, you can take a 1/2 inch drill bit and bore out the CPVC so it fits your darts better. Copper is useless, buy brass instead, it is worth the extra money.

#197731 Eagle-eye Help.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 December 2008 - 12:47 PM in Modifications

First off, I would replace the string with wire. It is possible it is stretching, and the plunger is not making it to the catch. You may need a stronger catch spring. Try that, and if it doesn't work, Im lost. I had this problem with my old xbow. One cock, then it wouldn't cock anymore. I replaced the catch spring, worked fine after that.