Gears's Content

There have been 629 items by Gears (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#160306 Colleges That Nerf

Posted by Gears on 24 June 2008 - 06:18 PM in General Nerf

Finally validated. Well, my senior year of school is coming up soon and I want to have a good idea of what university I want to attend afterwards. Does anyone have a list ( or know) of colleges that have wars often? HvZ, Assassins, and just straight up wars. Mainly northern east coast schools are what I'm looking for.

#160316 Colleges That Nerf

Posted by Gears on 24 June 2008 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

I'm not exactly going to college anytime soon... But I don't think you should be looking solely for a college that has wars, you should be looking for one that has good... Well I don't know education-related stuff.

It'd be nice to have both, but put priorities first.(..)

-OfAll'

Of course. I have an idea of what I want to go into. If I can find a college with the same stuff i'm interested in, but one has students who nerfs, that will just be the icing on the cake.

#160366 Colleges That Nerf

Posted by Gears on 25 June 2008 - 08:32 AM in General Nerf

Penn State has a club which runs HVZ, Assasins, NERF Capture the Flag, and other Nerf games. The club is call the ugc, just go to pennstateugc.org to check it out. The HVZ games are awesome, they are what got me into Nerf.

Yes! I'm visiting Penn State in about a month, so I'll have to make sure I ask if any of the students that tour the school are familiar with the club.

#160419 Favorite Video Game Weapon

Posted by Gears on 25 June 2008 - 06:12 PM in Off Topic

Duh, the Ballzooka from Nerf Arena Blast!

In all seriousness, I'm am gonna have to counter Keef and go with Ray as my favorite weapon ever.

#160517 Demotivational Posters

Posted by Gears on 26 June 2008 - 04:42 PM in Off Topic

Thought I'd make a couple Nerf related ones..

Speculation

Want To Buy

#160527 The Nerf Crossbow.

Posted by Gears on 26 June 2008 - 06:35 PM in General Nerf

Do they know what a stock is? Make sure you tell them the gun you want has a stock, unlike the BBB. Make sure you inquire about the color as well. The XBow is a deep, deep purple, compared to the BBB's bright purpleyness.

#160868 The Guns Of 2008

Posted by Gears on 29 June 2008 - 10:53 AM in General Nerf

.I have Nerf is making every blaster again in green and one more color. I think it is red or purple.

Where the in the world did you hear that? I hope you're not referring to the Hulk Titan & Hornet set, because I'm pretty sure that that's just a promo gun. But if you are right, I need a green LS!

#160914 Subliminal (hidden) Messaging

Posted by Gears on 29 June 2008 - 06:09 PM in Off Topic

Not to sure if there is a lot of Nintendo fans like me out on these forums, but the Mario Galaxy message is old. Really, really old.

I got one though. Next time you go to a video game shop, take a look at the box art for Okami for the Wii, and look at the wolf's mouth. You can see an IGN watermark.

#160928 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Gears on 29 June 2008 - 08:11 PM in Homemades

Before I get flamed, Ryan2012...Whatever the heck it is built this for me.

Posted Image

#160980 Automatic Tommy 20

Posted by Gears on 30 June 2008 - 11:12 AM in General Nerf

Jesus, things are expensive in Australia!

Anyway, that's a cool find. I like the look of the Auto T20. Hopefully it will be a tad better performance wise, but who knows. I noticed on my brothers T20 that the darts often get "hooked" on the inside of the fake barrel, and get jammed up. I wonder if that problem was fixed.

#161012 At2k, Why!

Posted by Gears on 30 June 2008 - 04:18 PM in Modifications

Unless it's plugged, it's not going to give amazing an performance. If you plug it, make sure you try not to pump more than 6 times. You'll feel when the air chamber is full. I over-pumped, and ruptured my goo tube. There are other factors to why your ranges are off. Perhaps the CPVC is too tight for your stefans?

#161187 An Intro, A Thank You, Links Etc

Posted by Gears on 01 July 2008 - 09:57 PM in General Nerf

Welcome to the 'Haven! I have been enjoying your work for a while now. I have to say, the cosmetic work on your Recon is beautiful, and I love the twin "Cross Revolvers". I was wondering though, how did you come up with the name "Shagnasty"? Sounds mildly suggestive :mellow: .

#161428 Double Nitefinder

Posted by Gears on 03 July 2008 - 08:47 PM in Modifications

Whenever i see these double nightfinders I wish someone would come up with something where you could cock both guns at the same time or only one if you wanted. I would try to come up with something myself but i don't have the money right now. (I know it's sad that I don't even have 12 dollars)

So somebody please think about it. I believe it would make these a lot more effective.

Wah? To cock both guns at the same time, just pull each rod either one at a time, or just take a pause to pull both rods together. Both would take less than 2 seconds, max. Otherwise, i have no idea what you're saying.

#161434 Nerf War Tips

Posted by Gears on 03 July 2008 - 09:38 PM in General Nerf

Try the Nerf Wiki. It has a lot of great info. There are several types of games, with a brief explanation towards the bottom of the page.

#161521 Plusbow Integration Brackets

Posted by Gears on 04 July 2008 - 05:07 PM in Homemades

Dammit, why do you have to start pumping out the good stuff after I sell my +Bow!

Anyways, congrats. Thats a seriously innovative design, and looks comfortable as well. Keep up the good awesome work.

#161554 At2k, Why!

Posted by Gears on 05 July 2008 - 08:23 AM in Modifications

Don't trust me your the one who won't give a refund after you sell someone a screwed up piece of shit I've seen people at McDonalds that do a better job than you.

Oh yeah and that's why people have been selling your +Bows

No, you asshole. Ryan's +Bows work perfectly fine, but i'm not going to waste my time explaining to you why I sold it. The fact is, I did not sell it because it was a "piece of shit". In fact, I'm certain I'll probably buy a second +Bow off of him somewhere down the line.

#161603 What Nerf Guns Would You Want Re-released?

Posted by Gears on 05 July 2008 - 07:34 PM in General Nerf

I'm sure everyone who already owns an XBow would oppose a rerelease.

I say the SM1.5K.

#161744 What Nerf Guns Would You Want Re-released?

Posted by Gears on 06 July 2008 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

Well yeah, but the only problem is that Dark Shrimp took em all and now we can't get Xbows.

+1 for re-releasing Xbows, tho it will never happen.

I'm sure it's possible. Look at the Buzzsaw. It was originally released in the same wave of blasters (except it was called the "RipSaw) as the XBow, so, it's certainly possible.

#161757 What Nerf Guns Would You Want Re-released?

Posted by Gears on 06 July 2008 - 07:04 PM in General Nerf

Well yeah, but the only problem is that Dark Shrimp took em all and now we can't get Xbows.

+1 for re-releasing Xbows, tho it will never happen.

I'm sure it's possible. Look at the Buzzsaw. It was originally released in the same wave of blasters (except it was called the "RipSaw) as the XBow, so, it's certainly possible.

It was pulled because of a lawsuit.

I don't think so. I's listed on Hasbro's store.
Link!

#163153 Steampunk Rfr

Posted by Gears on 17 July 2008 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

Looks awesome. (Just as awesome as the LS you sent me!).

I hope it sells well. What did citadel paints/technique did you use for the wood grain effect?

#163728 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by Gears on 22 July 2008 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

Holy crap. Do we seriously need to mangle this thing just to get the main AR out? I need to get me some super long drill bits.

Edit: Wait, you choped up the gun because you couldn't find your little screwdriver! It's a 40 dollar gun, butchered over a dollar store screwdriver...

#163936 Places That You Wish You Could Nerf

Posted by Gears on 23 July 2008 - 05:32 PM in General Nerf

Germany's own Neuschwanstein Castle. My German class went their a couple summers ago. The halls would be graet for rushing, and many staircases to play on. That or some crazy Arabian market out of Aladin or something.

But then again, I always fantasize about how awesome it would be to have a massive Effeminate war in my school.

#164082 Magstrikes?

Posted by Gears on 24 July 2008 - 11:45 AM in Off Topic

Check your KB Toys. I have two I normally check out, and they are the only ones that carry them.

#164480 Vulcan Firing Video

Posted by Gears on 25 July 2008 - 04:57 PM in General Nerf

I'm not complaining about the rate of fire, but would it really be able to hold it's own against an X-bow that could shoot 150+ feet?

You're funny. The Vulcan actually looks pretty fun to play around with. The darts were bouncing off the walls with a decent amount of force for a stock gun.

#164909 Official Humans Vs. Zombies Forums Now Online!

Posted by Gears on 28 July 2008 - 08:39 AM in General Nerf

I really, really like this. I can imagine other topics to follow: Tactics, Weapon Reviews, and such. I plan starting my own game (if there isn't already one) when it's my time to move on to college, and this will probably have some cool stuff.

Those Recon HvZ shirts look great too.

#165808 Though You Guys Might Want To See This

Posted by Gears on 01 August 2008 - 11:18 AM in General Nerf

Those wee YouTube Nerfers love you...a lot.

Keep up the good work, I thought that urban PJ was your best yet. Give your +Bow a PJ and put that up for sale next. Cha-Ching!

#165870 Longshot Vs X-bow

Posted by Gears on 01 August 2008 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

Just because your (and i mean anyone who owns one) XBow can fire into the upper 90's, low 100's, does not mean you will be capable of hitting a human at such a distance. It's all about effective range. Having never seen a Xbow in person, I can't vouch for anyone's marksmanship, however, I would never bothered trying to take a shot at someone over 60, maybe 65 feet with my +Bow.

That said, it's all about play style. If you can dodge a dart, and rush a man with either a 6/12 shot LS clip, go for it. The LS is cheaper, readily available, and has many promising mods. The XBow...looks damn sexy.

#165879 Nerf Sayings

Posted by Gears on 01 August 2008 - 03:31 PM in General Nerf

Oh, Come on were in the U.S. We have the right to free speech!

Yes, free speech to have screen-names that can be compared to "The Make-Up Fighter".

I'm sure saying "Fuck" on your T-Shirt is fine and dandy around friends, but, I wouldn't be too keen on someone wearing that kind of shirt near any open, public area.

#166375 Pa War

Posted by Gears on 04 August 2008 - 07:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Isn't the 9th a tad early? I mean, with less than a week in advance...What about the 16th?

EDIT: I may be going to the PA Renn Faire this weekend. I may not make it.

#166426 Help Me

Posted by Gears on 04 August 2008 - 10:19 AM in General Nerf

Last time I knew, AJAQ had 2 for sale. You should PM him to check.

#166605 Pa War

Posted by Gears on 04 August 2008 - 08:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Do you happen to have pics of the playing field?

#166637 Nerf Elimination Game

Posted by Gears on 04 August 2008 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

Sounds like the Elimination game is a rip off of Assassins..

I don't know..."That Guy" looks to be wearing a bandanna. HvZ anyone?

#166726 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Gears on 05 August 2008 - 09:58 AM in Modifications

I'm not sure if I'm going to make Ice's war on Saturday, so I thought i may as well whip this together, just to be safe. It's a couplered BigBlast with a couplered AT2k integration. I still need to add the keyring trigger.

Posted Image

#166729 Something I Found On Ebay, This Intrests Me

Posted by Gears on 05 August 2008 - 10:09 AM in General Nerf

That's alright. I think your answer would be that the reason a NIB XBow would go for more, or less, is because of the winners modding ability, or if they get it for a collection. An already modded weapon would go for more or less, for the same reasons.

#167369 The What Should I Get Thread

Posted by Gears on 08 August 2008 - 11:18 AM in General Nerf

Hey,

I have a BBB modded which rocks as my primary. But I only have 2 unmodded Mavs which I will not be able to mod, and an incredibly unreliable Hornet. I am wondering what would be a good secondary and where to get it.

Thanks.

...Does this count as a necro? I guess so. Get a NiteFinder. Get it from WalMart.

#168376 Nerf At Subway

Posted by Gears on 12 August 2008 - 08:35 AM in General Nerf

I need that wristband. Does anyone know if Subway sells the toys for their kids meals individually? (I know a McDonalds near me does...).

#168548 Good Primaries

Posted by Gears on 12 August 2008 - 08:17 PM in General Nerf

Do you live on the east coast? There is a small dollar store-esqe franchise called Five Below. They carry Big Blasts for $5 each.

#168918 Nerf At Subway

Posted by Gears on 13 August 2008 - 09:24 PM in General Nerf

Darn 9 year olds with their dinky wrists.
That is cool though,
Maybe the haven could make a batch of thos livestrong band things. I bet they would sell fast.

Props to draconis for that awesome in-your-face comeback.

Nova

Erm...They already did. They were made by Groove.

#169082 Season Of Foam

Posted by Gears on 14 August 2008 - 12:53 PM in News

...The Idea of a documentary about nerfing struck me as something that's definitely never been done before...

That's rather ironic, my memory seems to recall something a little different.

This is quite an ambitious project you've proposed, and I'm certain I'll see you at least once, probably twice along your route in your Effeminate journey from the tainted coast.

-Groove

Groove, your videos were always a...how should I put this...A tease? They were awesome and I used them more than once to introduce some friends of mine to Nerf. I was actually a tad let down when you said you wouldn't be making it to Armageddon. This isn't the point though. Bags, this is an amazing operation you have going, and I am really liking this idea.

#169367 Take Aim Or Fire On The Run?

Posted by Gears on 15 August 2008 - 08:16 AM in General Nerf

Anybody ever try civil war style line marching?

I could have sworn that Forsaken Angel mentioned something like that before.