Super0dp's Content

There have been 63 items by Super0dp (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#320944 Working Silencer

Posted by Super0dp on 24 August 2012 - 03:12 PM in Darts and Barrels

I have made a silencer on my co2 Titan, and a plugged Titan. I made a 14in cpvc barrell and cut holes going in a spiral along the last 4 inches. Silences it completely, adds a spin to the dart and increases range.

#321769 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Super0dp on 19 September 2012 - 08:14 AM in Modifications

Just found something awesome. The best PETG i found was sold by Fa24 and his website. he also has amazing glue dome weights and foam. Amazon is the best place i found that you can get brass from. The price ranges from 5 dollars to 12 dollars for 3 feet of a size. 9/16 is a little on the high side and 17/32 is reasonably cheap. im not trying to endorse Fa24 or Amazon, im just throwing some info out there.

Edit: yea sorry for talking about amazon again even though its in the forum already. but the prices were not talked about and so that is a good piece of info.

#328123 Understanding Air Guns

Posted by Super0dp on 17 March 2013 - 02:10 PM in Homemades

Very, very nice work. Air guns are not as well known in the community and now people can have more information on a very cool topic.
I think it should be sticky, Mods?

#327774 This thread is retarded

Posted by Super0dp on 07 March 2013 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

Everything is a remix.
Nuff said.

#329060 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by Super0dp on 26 April 2013 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

I'm looking for some higher quality Tamiya's to do some testing,

Tamya Plasma dash motors. SG nerf uses them to compare stock motors. I did a thread on them. Just search "Nerf gun motors, problems and solutions"
They are very good, I use them I'n my barricades. I run 9v on them and they work fine and have been for over 2 months now.

#329056 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by Super0dp on 26 April 2013 - 04:46 PM in Modifications

This is probably nigh on a necro but after having these motors die on me twice I had to ask. Has anyone else had a pair of these die after maybe 1-2 hours of total use? Both times I reopened my shell and tried spinning the flywheels just to see a huge amount of brush sparking through the endcap of the motors and maybe 50 RPM on the flywheels. I removed everything from the circuit but the rev switch and kept the stock 22 gauge wire. I ran them off of a 7.2V ni-cd pack most of the time and tested a 9.6V pack for a couple of minutes as well. I know nothing was burned out because I have since dropped stock motors again on the same wiring. After having the same thing happen twice I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just incredibly unlucky or if I've done something wrong both times.

The motors have "died" on me for several minutes on me after less than a minute of revving with three ultrafires and normal batteries, even with two dead batteries instead of the normal batteries it dies pretty fast. I have gone the route of one ultrafire and it works fine and I've kept it revving for a little under 5 minutes with no issues. How much use have your motors seen? Mine haven't seen that much.

This is most likely because the motors are brushed. We are putting these motors in situations never intended and they are burning out. If you can open the motor or find replacement brushes on the Internet you can fix them. All brushed motors were out at some point, these seam to wear out much faster than others.

Maybe 3 trust fires is too much? Maybe it is intended to run at stock voltage or a little more?

#323384 Tee shirt launcher help.

Posted by Super0dp on 08 November 2012 - 09:58 AM in Off Topic

For Shiggles I made a tennis ball launcher out of 3 titan tanks. Hooked all three to a single pipe and made it front loading. Air compressor with a splitter to all three tanks and it shot tennis balls 150 feet flat. If you have the time and the resorces you could build one.

#324733 Server Migration and New Avatars

Posted by Super0dp on 25 December 2012 - 04:51 PM in News

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Glad to see the site is functioning properly. Can't wait for the new avatars and such.
Happy holidays!

#321768 Screw Cap (a.k.a. Snap Cap) Dart Heads

Posted by Super0dp on 19 September 2012 - 08:09 AM in Darts and Barrels

thanks. Also I found a lead washer that fits perfectly inside the snap-cap and has no metal exposed. Because it is lead you have to paint it or seal it. With the finished head: you can push down really hard when putting the head on and it will sink and seat into the foam better. just throwing some ideas i tested out there.
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Stop posting in old threads that no one cares about anymore. Reread the Code of Conduct and New Members Guide.

#320496 Screw Cap (a.k.a. Snap Cap) Dart Heads

Posted by Super0dp on 15 August 2012 - 07:54 AM in Darts and Barrels

What is the part number for the number 6 washer?

#321836 Screw Cap (a.k.a. Snap Cap) Dart Heads

Posted by Super0dp on 21 September 2012 - 08:13 AM in Darts and Barrels

Maybe shooting your friends with toxic heavy metals is a slight step backwards? Not to mention that everyone pretty much gave up on these.... In April. When they were shown to break apart on impact. And possibly injure people. WITHOUT ALSO GIVING THEM LEAD POISONING.

I understand were your comming from but for a person (me)who is serious and cant make a slug, or a hot glue dome to save his life, it is a safe way to get accurate, well made darts and with a little experimentation I can find a safe alternitave to a washer. as for the breaking problem I tried silicon to seal the dart head and after several shots from a 4b at a brick wall the head did not break. This was my experiment and results. I was hoping to revive this dart because this is a great alternitave to slugs, hotglue domes and pre-formed dart heads. In no way was I trying to hurt anyone or piss anyone off. i hope you can understand that. As for the dart I found a way to prevent it from breaking: Use silicon to seal the head on the inside.

#324559 Rough Cut AR/peg removal

Posted by Super0dp on 18 December 2012 - 06:51 AM in Modifications

Should I boil the barrels before trying to pry them open?

#326133 Question to all you modders

Posted by Super0dp on 30 January 2013 - 01:30 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the clarification - how would you folks go about opening up the Vortex range? What is it lacking? Did you folks like the Diatron internals? (Dual-disc technology)

In my opinion the diatom internals were terrible, only left handed priming and it was a massive pain to wield. To open the line up I think there should be a less clunky, less sucky full auto blaster. (the ntron was terrible) maybe a system like the praxis turned full auto?

#325931 Question to all you modders

Posted by Super0dp on 27 January 2013 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

I would like to see more airguns, and more clip-fed direct plunger blasters.

On a side note, I think there should be a full auto rife (much like the stampede) in the Elite line.

#326029 Question to all you modders

Posted by Super0dp on 29 January 2013 - 01:32 PM in General Nerf

One blaster In particular. Hmmmmm

Stampede maybe?

And what Is this about a blackeye?

#323311 problem with vortex blasters dropping mags?

Posted by Super0dp on 04 November 2012 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

In blasters such as the praxis and pryragon, there is a little nub that holds the trigger return spring on the trigger. That nub can occasionally catch on the clip-drop mechanism (it's right next to the trigger) and drop your clip.

#323553 Posting Pictures

Posted by Super0dp on 14 November 2012 - 08:54 AM in Site Feedback

Thanks! Another thing, what is the best sight to use? I have used Photobucket in the past for stuff and it didn't work. Would Flicker be a viable option?

#323613 Posting Pictures

Posted by Super0dp on 15 November 2012 - 07:44 PM in Site Feedback

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and tutorials! I will try my hand at posting pictures soon and hopefully I will do it right.

#323550 Posting Pictures

Posted by Super0dp on 14 November 2012 - 08:28 AM in Site Feedback

Ummm, How do you post pictures? I have tried several ways and it wont work. Does anyone have a link to a youtube video or a good way to explain it?

#323627 Paint: Were to buy and what kind

Posted by Super0dp on 16 November 2012 - 12:17 PM in General Nerf

I am trying to find paint for plastics. I know Krylon Fusion for plastics is the best but I cant find it. I looked at Walmart and only found White and several types of clear coat. Lowes dosent have any plastics paint and I tryed Home Depot but they dont have any. Maybe I didnt find any because I only asked the people there and they gave me a "WTF" look.

Threads pertaining to only a very small subset of the NIC due to geography or other factors will provide no useful information, and also extract no useful information. Nerfhaven is not your personal search engine.

#331921 New Nerf Line?

Posted by Super0dp on 14 July 2013 - 06:39 PM in General Nerf

I don't know about you guys, but i'm buying the Rebelle version just because its pink. And Nerfing with it would be sweet...
Anyway the blasters has some potential but maybe seem worth it just for re-fitting internals into those cool shells. the springs look small enough to come buy at Lowes or whatever. Might sacrifice on the one-handed capability. The vortex pistols are Hasbro's last chance to push a small vortex blaster.

I see potential, but it may not be worth it.

#324024 New nerf elite releases.

Posted by Super0dp on 30 November 2012 - 11:43 AM in General Nerf

So most of us know about the rampage, retaliator, and the Hailfire. The stockade blaster IS confirmed by nerf, yet I have not seen one. Recently nerfs Facebook page released a statement showing two new elite blasters,(the strongarm, and the stryfe). recently on youtubeland, bobolobo (link here ) showed a review of the stryfe, and pictures of the strongarm showed up on ebay. Has anybody actually seen the strongarm, or the stockade, or the newest addition, the rayven based elite blaster?

As you said, the stryfe is confirmed. PsykSG made a video on youtube about the RoughCut 2X4 which is realeased in malaysa. The firestrike and the Triad are confirmed by people in singapore and youtube. The strongarm was only spotted on Ebay but I suspect it will be on the list as well.

#325979 New BuzzBee Panther Pump

Posted by Super0dp on 28 January 2013 - 02:09 PM in General Nerf

I have had the same experience with an Airzone panther from TRU. You can remove a little deadspace by filling the empty cavity with hotglue.

#325987 New BuzzBee Panther Pump

Posted by Super0dp on 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

What? So your saying that yours also didn't have a OPV?

Yes, yes I am

#324466 Nerf rougcut. Where?

Posted by Super0dp on 14 December 2012 - 09:50 AM in General Nerf

Going by the Retaliator/Rampage early finds... I would say March. I got my Retaliator in Early June, and the release was September. I just got a Rough Cut like a week ago, so by that logic (since no "official" date other than 2013 has been said) I would go with March. But that's just me.

Did you get it online or in a store? If you bought it localy then what store did you get it from?

#324449 Nerf rougcut. Where?

Posted by Super0dp on 13 December 2012 - 05:30 PM in General Nerf

PsykSG made a video on it. He got it from a friend from Malaysia. I would expect it to come out in the U.S. in January 2013. Like all the other elite blasters it might come out early at Toys R Us or something

#320407 Nerf Maverick

Posted by Super0dp on 13 August 2012 - 12:03 PM in Modifications

Over the weekend, a few friends and I bought some Nerf guns while we were out of town.

I already have a few at home, so I thought that I would buy a cheapo just to pass the time. It would make a fun secondary, after my Raider or Retaliator.
I bought a Maverick, and have been modding it. Here is what I have done:
- did the Russian roulette mod
- removed air restrictors
- increased the air seal on the plunger tube with teflon tape
- added spring compression by adding 4 pennies to the back (also reinforced that area with hot glue)
- added a trigger spring to improve the rotation mechanism
- added foam in parts of the gun to lower rattling noise
- removed dead space from the barrel's entrance using hot glue and straws
- added a spring to the front assembly of the barrel to improve the air seal there

What else can I do? What kind of spring should I get?
Should I just get the Maverick spring on Orange Mod Works? I was going to buy a mod kit for my Raider there soon.

I'd like to get some PETG tubing to improve the seal inside the barrels, but I have no idea where to buy any. Replacing the barrels with PVC seems like too much work. I'd rather just insert PETG.

I made a cool maverick with a rear loading mod and brass barrels. Just get some brass and shove them down there. Then use craft foam to improve the seal to the turret

#320943 Nerf gun motors, problems and solutions

Posted by Super0dp on 24 August 2012 - 02:39 PM in General Nerf

Alright, I recently got a stampede and tore it apart for parts. I was messing with the motor and took it apart and found it was brushed. That means that there are carbon-metal brushes that contact the armature. (the spiny thingy in the center) these brushes wear out overtime and you will have to replace your motor. If you have done a voltage mod this happens a lot faster. Brushed motors generate a lot of heat so be careful. My suggestion is to find a similarly sized motor that is brushless, and replace you existing motor. Brushless motors spin a lot faster so mor stress would be put on the gears. Also they take a lot less voltage to go fast so you can save some money on batteries. Hope this helps!

#322744 Nerf gun motors, problems and solutions

Posted by Super0dp on 18 October 2012 - 11:42 AM in General Nerf

Holy shit, totally justified necro. Got a part number or a product link?

I dont have a part number but if you go to the Tamiya U.S. website you can find the mini 4x4 and the parts. I'm sure with 15 min of google searching you can find it. SGnerf at his website compares Nerf motors with this exact motor

#322821 Nerf gun motors, problems and solutions

Posted by Super0dp on 20 October 2012 - 10:00 AM in General Nerf

Hamoidar has the right motor. Its the small black Tamyia plasma dash motor. For the mod I soldered the wires directly to the leads on the motor. They work really well and last a long time. Even with a voltage mod they will last and keep performing well. After several wars, battery changes and re-soldering they still work in my modified barricade.

#322742 Nerf gun motors, problems and solutions

Posted by Super0dp on 18 October 2012 - 11:16 AM in General Nerf

I found a motor for barricade/rayven/stockade blasters.The Tamiya plasma dash motor (The small one, Duh!) is a perfect fit with minimal trimming and is brushless. They are the kind of motors found in the Tamiya mini 4x4 things.

#320131 Nerf Elite Retaliator problems, reviews and mods

Posted by Super0dp on 08 August 2012 - 07:17 AM in General Nerf

Ok so I have been having some problems with my retaliator lately, I bought a hail-fire and was messing with the 6 round clips and tried to fit it into my retaliator, but it wouldn't budge. I tried pulling the clip release to get it in but that didn't work. Only the original 6 round clips will fit into the retaliator. Has anyone else had this problem? Don't forget to post pictures and mods of your personal retaliator. pictures and mods go in the pictures and mods thread, not here.

-Super0dp Do not sign your posts. The forum has a signature function, use that instead.

#320211 Nerf Elite Retaliator problems, reviews and mods

Posted by Super0dp on 09 August 2012 - 10:28 AM in General Nerf

its factory stock.i shaved down the sides of the elite clip and now it fits with drop clip. i guess the elite 6 round clips are too wide for the retaliator. but the 6 round clip works with the rampage.

#327572 NDA Exclusive! New 2013 Nerf Mega Centurion

Posted by Super0dp on 03 March 2013 - 08:51 PM in General Nerf

You listed the price in British pounds. Does that mean it will not retail in the U.S.?
Also, at 1.5 meters long, that is awful lot of barrel drag affecting the dart. Will the barrel be tight?
About the plunger design, I think a bolt-action (similar to longshot and longstrike) will better suit modders and XBLA 12yr COD looozers.
Iron sights? Damn.

#325034 My personal pic

Posted by Super0dp on 03 January 2013 - 10:42 AM in Site Feedback

I've noticed since the switch to the new servers, that my personal pic is not saving properly. It was gone after the migration, and switched it out, and it stayed for about a day or two, then it was gone again, and now it won't take it anymore.

I have too. I just re-uploaded the pic and it stayed. I have also noticed significantly lower load times since the server change.

#326140 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Super0dp on 30 January 2013 - 02:43 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
IMG_20130130_135736 by Super0dp, on Flickr
A voltage modded barricade

Posted Image IMG_20130130_135717 by Super0dp, on Flickr[/img]
Nerf MP7 equivalent
Stryfe with locks removed and 4 trustfires

Posted Image IMG_20130130_135546 by Super0dp, on Flickr[/img]
Mad scientist pistol

Posted Image IMG_20130130_135507 by Super0dp, on Flickr[/img]
Another angle

Sorry about the picture quality, camera was acting up

#328255 Magstrike Air Tank Mod Revisited

Posted by Super0dp on 21 March 2013 - 07:22 AM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure that no HVZ organizations allow stefans, so if that is the case, hoppering it is pointless, because streamline darts do not work in hoppers.

You could build a tagger hopper. Or you could use an RSCB.
Both options have high RoF and are easy to reload.

#326050 Log Home Help Foam questions

Posted by Super0dp on 29 January 2013 - 07:49 PM in Darts and Barrels

So it does not have springer fit in CPVC?
In that case does anyone know of white or bright colored foam that has springer fit in CPVC, and is relatively heat resistant?

#326031 Log Home Help Foam questions

Posted by Super0dp on 29 January 2013 - 02:18 PM in Darts and Barrels

I would like to buy some log Home Help white FBR. I have a few questions about It though:

1. Is it moderatly heat resistant? (I.E. does it melt like crap foam)
2. What is the fit in PETG? (I am going to use it for an AT3K with 12" PETG barrels)
3. How dense is it? (Soft, Moderate, Hard)

To Admins:
Ryan's guide does not include Log Home Help foam.
If there is a similar thread about PETG I think this can slide.

#326180 Log Home Help Foam questions

Posted by Super0dp on 31 January 2013 - 09:24 AM in Darts and Barrels

Thank you Duxburian, your info was very helpfull
Considering I will be using domes with speed loaders and turrets I think it will be ok.

Thank you every one for your help and info.