Pineapplepies's Content

There have been 132 items by Pineapplepies (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#351369 Nerf Megas Vs. Buytra Megas Vs. Buytra store Megas

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 February 2016 - 11:08 AM in Darts and Barrels

So here is my review and comparison of different knock off Mega darts I bought. The two types of megas I will be reviewing are the Buytra store megas, and the Buytra megas along with comparing both those with Nerf mega dartsimage.jpg
(Nerf mega darts to left, Buytra store darts in middle, and Buytra mega darts to right, note the broken dart)

I will start with the prices:
Buytra darts:$6.64 for 30
Buyers store darts:$4.50 for 30
Nerf mega:$6.99 for 10(on Amazon)

Now to review each:
Buytra darts(darts to the right in picture):complete crap, do not buy these. Unluckily these are the more common type of knock offs and they have thin foam, solid heads, and horrible fit in all guns. Along with that, to top it all off, the heads break off so often that I have only used them around 5 times and already I am down to around 15 darts or so. Finally, most were squished while shipped and I had to put in a elite in each one to straigten them out

Nerf Megas(darts to the left in the photo):These are the nerf branded darts, and have a better head that is similar to buytra darts, along with being able to whistle. They have a good foam, and overall are good except for the price.

Buytra store darts(darts in the middle):These are very good darts, they are similar to nerf Megas, and can whistle. They have shiny heads, and fire very well out of mega guns along with seeming more "accurate". Finally, the only two problems I had were minor and was that some were squished(not all of them though, and the for the ones that were it was an easy fix) and that from time to time they would misfire. I will say these are a good alternative and that the misfires may just be because I didn't put elites in the darts that misfired.

Conclusion:the Buytra store darts (http://www.amazon.co...ailpage_o04_s00) are a good alternative and should be picked up of you need mega darts.
(If you want a range test tell me, I did shoot the Buyta store darts with a Rotofury down a hallway and they smacked the wall pretty hard)

#349315 New Worker flywheels on ebay!?!?!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 26 October 2015 - 07:39 AM in General Nerf

I recently was looking on ebay and found some new worker brand product, including flywheels that look like the ones that Coop and Bobololo have reviewed and put in the metal flywheel cage. Link
So has anyone tried these or know if they are worth to buy, since they look like they may have more traction to them than regular flywheels.

#359021 Milwaukee Area Nerf Outings (M.A.N.O.) 2017 Season dates!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 April 2017 - 01:21 PM in Nerf Wars

DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE POST, SO INCONSIDERATE

Is anyone going to this in the Chicago area? I'm looking to host a war around 60025 and since you guys seem to be near wondering if we could possibly get some people from here and sort of combine the people willing to come to the war. I mean where anyone who is near us and is willing to come to ours join us, and I can provide about 5-15 people for your war, as sort of a way to increase numbers and level of fun. For ours we have about 5 people so far and planning on doing this around may 20th or 21st. We also will be using more open rules.

#356992 Imr batteries and charger

Posted by Pineapplepies on 02 December 2016 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

Title should explain what I'm asking about, but can someone please link me some 14500 imr batteries and a charger? Cheap would be preferable, along with it being on amazon if possible, but whatever works is best.

#359113 Paging Langley

Posted by Pineapplepies on 08 April 2017 - 07:57 PM in Off Topic

He hasn't suspended me for the semester, so I don't know.

Interesting, slug do you know anything

Kinda miss all the funny screenshots I got from him like the classic translation

Edit:I'm getting march 27th as when he was last active so huh I don't know

#351256 Any Nerfers around Northbrook or Glenview

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 January 2016 - 12:11 PM in Nerf Wars

So I recently have gotten really into nerf, but unluckily I have not found any groups around my area. I was also looking into possibly hosting a war since I live near a massive field that could be used. Anyway, if anyone is around the area and would host a war/join one I create please tell me.

#359059 PSA $5 recon mk2s

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 April 2017 - 10:42 AM in General Nerf

https://www.amazon.c...words=recon mk2
Already picked up 2
Good for super stock springers builds. I plan on using them for homemade pump action with internal mods. Write up coming soon.

Are there actually only 4 left or is there a limit per person

#359110 Paging Langley

Posted by Pineapplepies on 08 April 2017 - 07:30 PM in Off Topic

Does Langley even exist anymore, I have noted an absence of the all loved and hated Langley

#351031 Tek 6 spring fitting in nerf guns?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 January 2016 - 12:59 PM in Modifications

I would like to start by saying that I only have so much time to wait for a response, but wanted to ask if anyone knows the nerf guns that the spring of a tek 6 can be switched out for BESIDES the snapfire. I am looking to boost the preformence of one of my guns, and the spring of a tek 6 is actually kind of powerful.

#356671 Tactical vest??!?!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 07 November 2016 - 04:44 PM in General Nerf

So as you can probaly tell by the title I am wondering about tactical vests for nerf. In particular does anyone know if this would work for 18 round nerf mags?(And quite possiblely 20 round buzz bee mags) https://www.amazon.c...oding=UTF8&th=1

I need some form of rig for hvz/wars so any suggestions I could get for holding many mags would be much appreciated. If someone knows another way of going about this which would be relatively inexpensive that would be great too.

#348913 [IL] S.C.S.N.W. presents... The Fall of Foam

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 September 2015 - 11:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I am thinking of attending, and was wondering if you would allow the black body grey tip "accurate" darts and some red body solid plastic tip nerf bullets. I would also like to say that these bullets are not homemade, but the red body plastic tip bullets have a hard tip to them.

#352175 What is this nerf gun?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 13 March 2016 - 12:22 PM in General Nerf

These types of blasters seem to be the #1 unknown blaster. If I remember, it is called the EZ squeeze 6 and multiple people have videos asking what these are. I don't think there is a lot on it so there is only so much people can tell you about this, but I would try to lean towards not breaking it since it seems semi rare

#349995 Question: Will Nerf Titan shoot Demolisher Missiles?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 14 December 2015 - 02:01 PM in Modifications

I don't have a Titan or a Demolisher, but I was hoping if someone could tell me whether or not a Titan would be able to shoot the new missiles that come with the Demolisher or the Thunderblast.

much appreciated.

It cannot shoot Demolisher rockets, but if you put a simple Cpvc barrel with duck tape wrapped on the outside it can. Only problem is that I have experienced Titan barrels not wanting to unscrew before, which would lead to it being harder to rebarrel it to shoot elites/missiles.

#351975 So I was looking around...

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 March 2016 - 10:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

And I found this:
https://my.carousell.com/p/37030553
They are marketed as ACC V2 Prototype darts. Does anyone know if they're good? I may have to do some investigation.

Edit: Another link
https://sg.carousell.com/p/38162373

Yea do some research and see if they can be bought for cheaper. As someone who has ACCs, these look like they are going to solve all issues with the original black darts. I am going to also say if these happen to live up to the claims of not being black, having a longer stem, and can be fired out of flywheels then I will say these will hands down be one of the best darts on the market

#349117 RSCB and Koosh Darts?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 15 October 2015 - 01:06 PM in Darts and Barrels

So I searched around and couldn't find anything about this. Some dude on Reddit told me there would be problems. I didn't understand what he meant so if someone could tell me what would happen, it would be nice.

You could always cut down elite darts, since I belive the rubber tips would feed well, but correct me if I am wrong please.

#349866 Barricade will not power on out of box.

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 December 2015 - 10:41 PM in General Nerf

Hey, I've found no help this far. I bought my son one of these. he is not strong enough to prime or pump  anything else so far. I pulled it out and decided to try it before wrapping it for Christmas. After switching it on 3 times and empty out the darts each time, it will no longer power on. Every soldering point looks intact. Batteries were RAYOVAC brand new. In typing this I realize I could go buy better batteries. Still any feedback  would be so much appreciated!!

Thank you very much
-Adam

Not sure if it is too late, but I would think you may want to try and see if the switch feels like it is stuck. If it is and that is the problem, then try pulling the trigger all the way. To my knowledge, both the Stockage and the Barricade will jam like that from time to time since the pusher arm will get stuck.

#359117 Spring issues

Posted by Pineapplepies on 08 April 2017 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Okay, it's been a while.
While my limited access to the site has been a drawback, it has t stopped me from participating in the hobby!
I recently got hold of an old BuzzBee tek6, and I really liked the spring in it as opposed to the one in my EAT. While it fits nicely, I ran into some mechanical drawbacks.
The spring is a little short.
We all know very well that dead space is bad (cough cough reverse plunger)
But the spring is more than dead space. I'm only getting 5/8 of the power I can get out of it, and it seems to be grinding against my plunger rod a little bit too.
I need to make a spacer piece somehow, can somebody point me in the right direction?
I don't feel like buying a new spring, and that's not gonna happen for a while.

Do you have a dremel or any sort of tools? I would recommend just making a spacer like you said, I mean you could just find multiple circle shaped objects and glue them together. I believe unlike what slug said you could actually do it without buying a spring, it may be slightly homemade though.

#353500 New darts tips

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 May 2016 - 07:59 AM in Darts and Barrels

Interesting. What are the advantages over previous tip designs?

Although obviously I'm not the one who makes these but I would guess the heads would crack less(sometimes with ACC or similar heads cracks will start to form on the head after enough use), they may work in flywheels better, and be a bit more durable again due the fact that the stem seems longer

#349223 Nerf RouchCut 2x4

Posted by Pineapplepies on 21 October 2015 - 01:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hello,

As anyone who owns a roughcut knows, the darts in the barrel are constantly popping out, so my question is, does anyone know any good ideas about how to fix this?

Any suggestion is welcomed :)

I have heard that happening before as a result of the AR springs, which is why the instructions say don't store darts in the gun. I would suggest either try new darts or find new AR springs if they exist.

#353476 New darts tips

Posted by Pineapplepies on 14 May 2016 - 09:55 AM in Darts and Barrels

I make a new darts and a China darts company copy my designattachicon.gif87EE5B3657F65A7564ACCA8A057D1718.pngattachicon.gif96CF2180F8B7F3F91EC2A02D083DF2EA.png

Very interesting and just yesterday there was a thread going on about your amazing darts on buychina.com. Also I do have a question for you which is are the blue and gray darts that you have before and these just different dart heads on the exact(or very similar) elite foam?
Reason why I am asking is since there was a argument that I was in where someone claimed your darts are just elite dart foam with ACC or similar tips which would be fine but want to know how good the foam is that you have.

#349232 ZombieStrike Stormfire Plunger Replacement

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 October 2015 - 12:11 PM in Modifications

Looks pretty neat, although you could use a pvc tee, small piece of pvc and a end cap to make a handle if you want to make it like a rifle.

#359499 Similar design, but NEW DARTS

Posted by Pineapplepies on 27 April 2017 - 10:02 AM in Darts and Barrels

http://www.ebay.com/...sd=152489835687

Found these, wondering if these basically are the same as X-Waffles because those are good darts, but these are cheaper and maybe even a better dart.

Edit: they come in many colors, and i would think they would preform the same but want to know if anyone has these already

#359129 Buzz bee ultra tek Rapid tek vs sentinel

Posted by Pineapplepies on 09 April 2017 - 10:40 AM in General Nerf

This is basically a Sentinel in a different shell, with a better priming method and a significantly more comfortable handle. It's easier to turn it into a pump-action blaster as well. Someone brought one to the last NIB SoCal war and it had great performance right out of the box.

Huh, who would have known, I have both and quite frankly I think the sentinel is better but that's just me. Do you know if you can rotate the priming handle to the other side and has anyone done that? I use my left hand to prime and its bothersome to prime sideways so I would use this at endwar over my k26ed sentinel if I could find a way to do that.

#360547 3rd party MEGA darts?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 13 June 2017 - 08:51 AM in Darts and Barrels

I've had these reccomended to me http://www.ebay.com/...xIAAOSw8-tWYHcR

Haven't bought them yet but thinking about it .

Yup! These are with sponge and Silica gel so I can promise you these are the same as mine, feel free to buy mine or those.

#353414 Cheap stock dart mods

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 May 2016 - 09:51 AM in Darts and Barrels

I agree, this type of round I also feel would never be war legal for any reason.

I would have to disagree, I feel that if one were to find a good padding to use with them they could make a non-metal Stefan or a better/slightly safer slug.(also people allow slugs in wars which have metal in them and I would like to ask if you would rather be hit by a high velocity dart with metal or a VERY small piece of wood) I think someone could cut these dowel rods down and use them hollowed out foam backer rod or ACC blanks, find a way to keep the dowel rod in the dart then pad the head of the dart so it would not hurt.

Edit:I am a bit confused and didn't notice that little wood thing which if that is the dart then that is definitely not safe but if the darts are the buzz bee extremes then they are most certainly safe

#359501 Similar design, but NEW DARTS

Posted by Pineapplepies on 27 April 2017 - 10:42 AM in Darts and Barrels

Same tip geometry as waffles, but might have more give on impact.

So does that translate into working better or worse for accuracy and fps? My guess is maybe actually worse because of the gaping and un-even hole in the tip, I don't know any physics yet though but im guessing you do slug

#359506 Similar design, but NEW DARTS

Posted by Pineapplepies on 27 April 2017 - 11:47 AM in Darts and Barrels

I think it's going to come down to simple testing.

I'm curious as to how these would do in flywheel blasters.

Yeah I may get these, anyone else feel free to get them too, anyone know if these have been mentioned before or am I the first?

#352837 Unknown air blaster

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 April 2016 - 09:00 AM in General Nerf

It's a clone of the Supermaxx Buzzer air bazooka. Utter garbage, sadly. I modded one before and it sucked. Not worth the time.

Hmm, then it seems that this blaster a air zone/stats blast air bazooka which was a clone of the Supermaxx buzzer air bazooka as said here(at the very top of page is were it says that the clone was the air zone air bazooka but unlucky no separate page since it seems this is semi-hard to find or just no one bought it)http://nerfpedialega...iki/Air_Bazooka

#349331 Barrel Length for Air Blasters

Posted by Pineapplepies on 27 October 2015 - 07:44 AM in Darts and Barrels

It matters what tank. If its a mid volume one like a at3k/2k then 12in of airgun fit. If its a larger volume blaster like a big blast it will need 16-20 depending on dart fit. Some air guns like the sm1500 have a faster air release, which means you should tighten up your barrel so its atleast a push fit. This is mostly just my opinion, from what ive read and seen from videos, but i may be wrong and if i am please correct me below.

What if I have a titan and am using cpvc from Lowes for barrel material? I currently have around a 10 inch barrel and am wondering if I should add 6 inches of cpvc or more.

#360523 3rd party MEGA darts?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 June 2017 - 09:26 AM in Darts and Barrels

Hey all, wondering if anyone knows of any 3rd party, aftermarket, or non-hasbro darts that work with nerf megas.
My mega bigshock is now one of my favorite nerf pistols, especially after removing the AR, dart post, adding omw 7kg retaliator spring, and worker barrel adapter. It shoots mega darts, elite darts and rival balls really hard and far. But mega darts are faaaaar from accurate.
I would LOVE some mega sized koosh, or waffle, or fvj/fvn darts.
Any of you know of anything besides crappy nerf mega darts?
Thanks!

So there is a long story, and I will start off by saying DON'T buy those rayethion darts, someone didn't read the post, those are elite size darts. Now you have two options, one is a serious don't buy, they are crappy, jam, have terrible foam and I have tried all mega darts. Out of these, only 2-3 work. The other one, is made out of regular foam and SILICA gel, pay attention to that, because it's important to make sure you don't get the crappy one. The crappy ones are made out of EVA and soft plastic, don't buy those.

Now, i wouldn't exactly recommend these darts, but neither would I say don't buy these, it's an odd case quite frankly. With these, they whistle MUCH more than regular nerf darts, at the cost of durability. They won't last as long as regular nerf megas, and not every gun will fit these perfectly. Only the rotofury seems to have an issue with this though.

Here's link for 120 at 12.99:https://www.amazon.c...Nerf mega darts

#359127 Buzz bee ultra tek Rapid tek vs sentinel

Posted by Pineapplepies on 09 April 2017 - 09:20 AM in General Nerf

https://www.amazon.c...BCMD5EMFTGXK53N
Is this the glorious sentinel. I do not own one but might pick it up for its insane performance.

Yes sadly this is the sentinel, it's a true shame to see some idiots at hasbro found a way to basically make a monopoly. My personal reccomendtion would be not to buy it at this price, sadly I don't think it's worth that much. You should if you are going to mod it but as for just leaving it stock your time to buy it was months ago when hasbro wasn't a pain in the ass

Edit:I know I sound depressed but it is true that unless you want to mod it for this price you should get something that's more functional all around or if you have the money because the sentinel is power based, something like a EAT for this price would better serve you in any situation where you need more speed

#349192 Why is this wiki so strict?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 19 October 2015 - 12:11 PM in Site Feedback

I don't know if this has been asked, but I want to know why this wiki is so strict on posting, trading, and in general? Along with that, why is there a post limit, couldn't you just simply have a spam cooldown where it would stop you from spamming? Please give your input if you agree that this wiki is a little strict, and I would like to put out there if I end up being banned for this post, you are just proving my point. (Also please tell me if I am doing anything wrong)

#349341 [IL] Halloween Hangover - Chicago!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 28 October 2015 - 07:45 AM in Nerf Wars

So is that a yes or no to China darts?

I think what Snake is saying is bring the China darts and check them in with him to see if we can use them or not. I personally am using them for my Titan(Chunlin darts, which are way softer than FVJ's) and FVJ's for my modded Demolisher and stock Wildfire.

#349097 [IL] Halloween Hangover - Chicago!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 14 October 2015 - 01:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I am wondering, when you said stock ammo do you mean no fvjs and only elites, or would you allow fvjs and those chunlin "accurate" darts.(I will just bring them if I don't get a response)

#350858 Possible indoor chicagoland or milwaukee area?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 04:44 PM in Nerf Wars

if you are talking around Northbrook or Glenview(or an 1 hour or so drive) then yeah.

#349236 How can I rebuild my Deploy CS-6?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 October 2015 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

How can I rebuild my Deploy CS-6? I modded it but can't rebuild it. I alredy searched and can't find anything. I have get out all pieces like in here. I need a step by step instruction, but a video would be perfect. Can someone please help me?

How did you mod it, spring mod, or did you take everything out like the picture? Along with that, why did you want to mod a deploy in the first place?!?!

#358578 Nerf blaster types?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 March 2017 - 10:52 AM in General Nerf

Here;s the thing...I want them to be stock blasters much like the videos Ive found in my scanning YouTube so modded blasters are probably out

Is there a reason why you don't want modded? Usually unless you are firing it and you are worried about speed you don't ever need to worry about power or unfairness for others because you use effects instead of darts. However if REQUIRE not to use mods then that's just your loss, you can make trillions of replicas and look alikes when you are limited to  less than 1000 guns from all blaster brands, many of which won't ever look real unless you mod them or paint them

Edit:Ok fair enough you want stock but do realize modded stuff can look cooler and add uniqueness to the gun, and worst case just mod something and paint it to look normal, like that elite stampede mod drac did a video on

Here is what I have as far as somewhat current Pistol type blasters

Triad EX-3
Glowshot
Elite Firestrike
Falconfire
Jolt
Disruptor
Strongarm
Bigshock

Rockets would probably be all Tri-Strike, Demolisher and Thunder Blast...that about right?

There are more, if you want to go vintage you can get everything from a big blast, to titan, to ultimate missile blast(Don't listen to me on the big blast one though unless you mod because they are hard to get for cheap prices and are popular so don't kill one of those for something like this, leave it to someone who needs it). As for miniguns if you want one go with a dart zone scorpion or air zone punisher. For pistols really anything works from the tech target to the flipfury.

#351096 Weird Rapidfire 20 knockoff abomination thing

Posted by Pineapplepies on 24 January 2016 - 03:28 PM in General Nerf

So I just surfing the web for nerf guns, and eventually found this. http://www.alibaba.c...858.35.1.r7NooU
Now at first I thought WHAT THE HECK IS THIS(which anyone would due to how weird this looks), but then I decided I may as well ask if anyone has any info on these type of knockoffs and wether or not I should try one out.

#358485 Nerf blaster types?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 10 March 2017 - 11:21 AM in General Nerf

Hey gang, after a very lengthy hiatus I have returned...I did some searching and did not see a current topic for this and thought I pick some wise Nerfer brains:

I have gotten into Nerf FPS videos  (Aaron Esser on YouTube has some very popular ones based on CoD) and it got me to thinking about compiling some info to create some FPS videos with friends. I thought of making one with just Pistols (more of a Goldeneye ruleset I think) and started looking up pistol type Nerf blasters and wanted some insight on what blasters would be the ideal fit for that?Thanks

Thanks in advance guys!

Depends how far you are willing to go to make stuff, and if you are looking for the actual guns to look real. You can do anything from buying a doubleshot, cpvc, and make a western pistol to maverick, cyclone shock, and of the airtech guns so airtech 2000, 3000, or 4000, mono-blast etc. If you wanted to have like a future type battle any of the cyber strike gear works, and also any of the alien menace stuff.

Edit: I mean like really just look on the wiki for what you want, there are hundreds of blasters that work and you could use, some are harder to find than others, then just hit up eBay and search for that stuff, I mean hell even a tek 6 if painted could look cool so really unless you are going for performance then go with really anything buzz bee or stats blast

#351368 Cheap China Knockoff Darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 February 2016 - 10:28 AM in General Nerf

The nipple Stefan darts from China look interesting, but they have been pulled for some reason, they look a lot better than the ACC darts, here's their FB page...https://www.facebook...57733731152808/

Hmm, interesting. I think that these may just be the tops of ACCurates on foam from fvjs and what not. I partially preposed this idea in the thread Cheerios posted and I am glad to see someone may have had the same idea.
Edit: If these do turn out to be just a cut down ACC head glued on to another bullets foam, then just cut down ACC darts and be done with it.