Namm's Content

There have been 61 items by Namm (Search limited from 09-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#149734 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Namm on 06 April 2008 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: N/A
Mods Done: Level 4 reinforcement, replaced plunger tube, plunger head molded to tube, 4 piece barrel.
Integrations: N/A
Comments: I have two crossbows, and the other gets around 100' on a good day, thats normal for an xbow. I only ever use this one though, because it gets absolutely absurd ranges.
The original crossbow plunger tube actually narrows slightly towards the front of the gun, meaning the stock head will not seal further back, reducing the effective draw. By replacing the entire tube with PVC (almost same size, a little larger diameter) and then sizing the head to that, you can increase the draw length to that of the entire plunger. Also, an aluminum sleeved shaft, new spring, lots of bands, a 4 piece barrel (essentially CPVC to brass), and great dart/barrel don't hurt.

#51812 My Newest Homemade

Posted by Namm on 07 April 2005 - 03:17 AM in Homemades

I believe the way paintball deals with the equalization problem is to use (a) regulator(s). You can buy a paintball regulator if you want, but they're fairly pricy (for a nerf gun part). I'm not an expert on the subject though, if someone knows more about this, please correct me.

#26971 Code Of Conduct

Posted by Namm on 25 May 2004 - 12:40 AM in Site Feedback

Just as a question, why is the "Null vote" button larger than the "Vote" button?

#59689 Air Travel And Nerf

Posted by Namm on 19 July 2005 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

I'm pretty sure cargo holds are pressurized, and I agree that checking your guns is the way to go.

#49760 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by Namm on 16 March 2005 - 03:26 AM in General Nerf

I actually would be interested in the design team. Like what people major in and if the job is fun. Also, if its not too rude, whats the pay like?

#33404 Nstrike Dvd

Posted by Namm on 07 August 2004 - 02:07 AM in General Nerf

You mean a Splitfire?

#33492 Nstrike Dvd

Posted by Namm on 08 August 2004 - 12:40 AM in General Nerf

I dont own a N-strike, but it looks like a PC would be fairly clumsy to use if attached to the titan, if you have a missle loaded on the titan/a longer barrel on the titan, and you try to replace/reload the PC clip....It just seems like it would be hard to do.

#33560 Nstrike Dvd

Posted by Namm on 09 August 2004 - 02:10 AM in General Nerf

I really doubt hasbro is going to change thier dart design for one gun, the revolving chamber will probably have some room between it and the front of the gun, and the dart wont go all the way down.

#331820 WANO I

Posted by Namm on 12 July 2013 - 06:02 AM in Nerf Wars

This will be awesome and I will definitely be there, as a player and to help organize.

#33779 Jspb - Ninja Blow Gun

Posted by Namm on 11 August 2004 - 09:49 PM in Homemades

GeneralPrimevil, The mouthpiece looks like a coupler with masking tape on the edge. 3D, Excellent job, I like how the word ninja is painted onto the gun.

#286821 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Namm on 11 October 2010 - 06:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped organize this war. It was a total blast! I've got 8-10 friends who after hearing our stories are now interested. If the dates for the next war are set well enough in advance I have a good chance of bringing all of them.

Also: Flaming Hilt,

Your slides were excellent.

#286705 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Namm on 08 October 2010 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there, and I will bring a friend!

#37099 My Modded Nite Finder

Posted by Namm on 13 September 2004 - 07:10 AM in Modifications

Nice job, what are you using for a barrel?

#333104 WANO II

Posted by Namm on 16 August 2013 - 02:04 AM in Nerf Wars

The above picture of me simply shows the natural position my body assumes when not actively firing a crossbow at another human.

After you have that experience, everything else in life just seems like a waste of time.

#26970 Nerf Hurts

Posted by Namm on 25 May 2004 - 12:29 AM in General Nerf

I personally feel the ear is the worst place to get shot, ever worse than the groin.(At least you have pants there.) The worst thing thats ever happened to me, in nerf, is that I've been hit with a brassed 5k at 20-30 feet, in the ear, I didnt get up for at least 5 minutes.

#47455 Rifled Barrel

Posted by Namm on 17 February 2005 - 10:15 PM in Homemades

Weasel, if I'm reading this correctly, (tell me if I'm not), then the 20mm pvc was only used to make the grooves in the 40mm pvc. It isnt employed on any gun as a real barrel, so he's probably not going to hit anyone with it.

#340306 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by Namm on 13 July 2014 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Update. Gathering place is reserved. Park in the northern lot off hwy 99 and call. We will be using an area right next to 99 just south of the big stone wall.

#38656 Heavy Duty Darts

Posted by Namm on 09 October 2004 - 10:18 AM in Modifications

You just taped the weight in? Thats extremely dangerous, its going to come out, tape is no where near strong enough. Oh, and "heavy duty" darts have no place in a war, but they are fun to mess around with.

#33405 N-strike Hornet Discussion

Posted by Namm on 07 August 2004 - 02:20 AM in Modifications

I know this is a bad question to ask, but its been bugging me. The sliding piece which resets the gun, I know where it is on the internal pic, but where is it on the outside, what do you grab or slide or move to pull forward or back the knob on the inside? Is the piece on the left side (which there are no pictures of)? Is the whole front of the gun a slide?

#23014 Finding Rpl Compression Springs

Posted by Namm on 31 March 2004 - 03:25 AM in Modifications

I got two compresion springs at home depot, they were short and very strong, and a little wider than a TT spring. I found them in the same department as the expansion springs. They arent all that useful though sense they're too short for rifles, and to strong for pistols, but suprisingly enough i managed to put one in a nightfinder, i didnt do anything to the catch either. They're really good for NFs but not much else.

#48946 Supermaxx 750 G-36, And Other Integrations!

Posted by Namm on 07 March 2005 - 06:36 AM in Modifications

This isnt real important to the topic, but what did you do to that titan handle? Looks nice, the 750/g-36 is awesome. Good intergrations, the double 2k looks like it would be hard to handle though.

#25359 Lefty? Righty? Switch?

Posted by Namm on 02 May 2004 - 08:44 AM in General Nerf

For all of you who voted "switch" does that mean that you hold a gun in each hand sometimes, or maybe a pistol in your lef hand sometimes; or does that mean that when the urge strikes you, you'll lay flat, SM5K or X-bow in hands and put the but against your left shoulder, and fire it with your left hand?

#26157 Ufo's In Mexico

Posted by Namm on 14 May 2004 - 03:19 AM in Off Topic

"I've always held that aliens with the technology to get here will either ignore us, trade with us, enslave us, or destroy us. Why would they come all this way just to fly around in little blobs of light checking out Mexico?"

Maybe they were checking to see if we were worth trading/enslaving/destroying, apparently we didn't pass.

#34403 Funny Names

Posted by Namm on 19 August 2004 - 03:49 AM in Off Topic

Amanda hugandkiss "cant anyone find me amanda hugandkiss"

mike rotch "has anyone seen mike rotch lately"

#27700 Tap Rule?

Posted by Namm on 04 June 2004 - 08:16 AM in General Nerf

We have a rule where if you're within 5-10ft (depending on game rules) away you can say "surrender", and if they agree to they'll say so, if they don't they, dont have to say anything, they can just try and shoot you. What happens is that many times someone thinks they can spin around faster than someone else can pull the trigger, they're usually wrong :huh: . Depending on who I'm playing with, we sometimes alow meatsheilding, which is where someone who doesnt have a loaded gun/ any gun on them (it happens) gets caught up to by someone on the opposing team who does. Once you touch the unarmed person, you can force them to drop their unloaded (or nonexistant) weapons, and walk infront of you, effectivly forming a sheild. If you shoot and misss someone during a battle, you run like hell, for fear of being tagged by the opposing team, being a sheild is not fun. If they run (when they've already become your sheild) you can shoot them, point blank, however, if you get killed before shooting them, they aren't out. Its a guessing game, because if you have a meatsheild and you are ambushed by other people on your sheilds team your sheild might run; at which point you have to decide if you should A: shoot them and run from the armed opposition (only aplies to single shots); or B: let them run, and try and take on the armed and just slightly more dangerous enemies. Hey, it works for us.

#34404 Hornet

Posted by Namm on 19 August 2004 - 03:55 AM in General Nerf

Im not really sure about epoxy/air tight seals, I would use plumbers goop.

#25342 Alone

Posted by Namm on 01 May 2004 - 10:15 PM in General Nerf

I used to live in Washington state, but about a year ago I moved to Singapore. In WA I have a lot of friends that nerf, but here you're not even supposed to have fake guns, let alone go outside and shoot each other with them. Of course I wasn't aware of this when I packed all of my possesions for the move......shhh... :wacko:

#20197 Nerfers In Seattle Area?

Posted by Namm on 28 February 2004 - 07:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, this probably doesnt help you very much, but i used to live in Kenmore. I recently moved to Singapore, im moving back in about two years if any of you still nerf by then.

#28262 Defective Guns New In Box

Posted by Namm on 10 June 2004 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

SM5k Major leak, it wouldnt hold any air longer than a few seconds, I returned it, and of course, amazon suddenly ran out of stock. I also have bought two at2ks that both had the tube that goes from the pump to the airtank broken off of the pump. that was mildly confusing :unsure:

#27751 Seattle?

Posted by Namm on 04 June 2004 - 09:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I know this doesnt help you much, but I always feel I have to post on these. I used to live in Seattle, but recently moved to Singapore, in a year or two i should be back, maybe we'll nerf then.

#25252 Ultimate Artillery

Posted by Namm on 30 April 2004 - 08:22 PM in Homemades

It's not very practicle because, as i think you mentioned, you would only have one shot, probably throughout the whole war. Also, a while ago, somebody was convinced that they could use the same method you're talking about, to build a shotgun. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I think it was something about how it would fire the one barrel with the least resistance, and then just flow through that open barrel. If that happened you'd get one possibly decent shot, from one barrel, and the rest of the darts would flop out, or just not go anywhere.

#27921 At3k Vs At4k

Posted by Namm on 07 June 2004 - 03:29 AM in Modifications

I own two AT3ks, a Supermaxx 2500 (larami), a sm3k, and an at4k. The 4k has got to be one of the most difficult guns to pump that I've ever used; Because of the position of the pump, its extremely uncomfortable and very hard to use. Having no petg, and because the 4k has 12 barrels, it would no longer rotate if I were to multibarrel it. Instead i removed the rotating device, and thought i might be able to get some results out of single-ing it. Wrong. The 4k also has a very small airtank, and I could never get it to fire past 50 feet. The AT3Ks have been alright, but I've never gotten as good as results as everyone else. Mine consistantly hit 60, but will never go further, thats ok though, because its multibarreled. I used to have two sm3ks, but I over pumped the modded one, so now I have one that im working on, but currently is unmodded. The one that I sucsesfuly mod (before it broke) used to get around 70 foot ranges (blue sm3k). The Larami 2500 I have is excellent, but recently stopped firing (I think the trigger has just come off its tracks); however, before this happened it used to get much better ranges than my sm3k, though I never officially mesured it, it probably fired 80 or more feet. I find the Sm3k and Larami 2500 much, much easier to pump than the AT3k or 4k, especially the 2500, though the at3k isnt that bad. On size and accuracy, I think the AT3k and SM3k/2500 are about the same accuracy wise; as for size, although the 2500 is bigger, I find it extremely comfortable, the 3k is not quite as comfy, and because of the large diamiter pump tube it feels like its going to crack in half every time I pump it, and the AT3k is not bad, but I always feel like its almost too small, the small pump handle makes it feel as if there is much more resistance compared to the 2500.

#37175 Any In My Area?

Posted by Namm on 14 September 2004 - 03:35 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok, I know this doesnt help, but I used to live in WA, I live in Singapore right now. If all goes according to plan, I'll be moving back this summer, so I'll look forward to possibly nerfing with you guys.

#26360 Guns

Posted by Namm on 17 May 2004 - 07:15 AM in General Nerf

AirApache, it isn't that weird to have two xbows is it? I have two, but then again, I use them both. I also had two friends a while back, each at different times, who managed to get their xbows thrown away by an angry parent (usually for leaving "red spots" on their siblings) before I could get them, if it werent for that I would now own four crossbows. Oh, and twenty-five is nothing, I had to pay 60 for one of mine (the other was free ^_^ ).

#35942 The Lnl

Posted by Namm on 31 August 2004 - 03:17 AM in General Nerf

Well, thats odd. My nightfinder gets the same range as my lockandload does, almost exactly, and I get a higher ROF with the LnL. As far as grips go, the LnL feels much better in my hand than the NF, and we all agree its pertty-er.

#29224 Props And Superweapons In Wars?

Posted by Namm on 23 June 2004 - 06:34 AM in General Nerf

Well, if the shields are "reasonably penetrable " there could be other solutions...

#39672 Powerclip Question

Posted by Namm on 23 October 2004 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

Micro darts are smaller than mega darts, how did you get mega darts to fire out of the powerclip in the first place? The holes in the clip are only big enough for micros. Thats what airsoft meant.

#27518 X-box Counter-strike

Posted by Namm on 02 June 2004 - 12:21 AM in Off Topic

I play CS on the Xbox, but its a bit slow sometimes, because I live in Singapore. my gamertag is Namm. Just to let you know, im not very good.

#334113 WANO III

Posted by Namm on 18 September 2013 - 05:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I suppose it is my duty to attend and once more fly the banner of hoksmoor proudly.

#37277 Problem With Stefan Darts

Posted by Namm on 16 September 2004 - 03:18 AM in General Nerf

If you could be more specific it would help. You may have accidentally picked up a different brand of FBR, some brands use use different sizes than others. It could be that the specific pack you picked up happened to be a little bit thicker. Foam backer rod isnt usually made very precisely, so you get alot of variation. You might have picked up the wrong size for all we know. Add some details, and then we'll probably be able to give you a better answer. If your darts are too thick for your barrels, just stretch the FBR out a little bit, it can make a big difference.