Cannonball's Content

There have been 300 items by Cannonball (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#125913 Zombie Games.

Posted by Cannonball on 12 October 2007 - 12:31 AM in General Nerf

Since you bumped it already, and we are still on the topic of playing at night and using some kind of illumination, I'd like to share a link to a good flashlight site. www.surefire.com.

Their G2 Nitrolon is pretty affordable and is one of the best flashlights you could possibly get. It's drastically brighter then a large maglite but fits in your palm. I own one myself, not just for the nerfing/airsofting, but for camping and stuff. I'm positive this light would have a greater effect on people then a camera flash.

Just thought I'd share something that might help a bit.

#357728 YANO February 2017: A SoCal Experience

Posted by Cannonball on 29 January 2017 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in.

#323657 YANO 2: SoCal December War

Posted by Cannonball on 16 November 2012 - 09:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm free for the 8th. I'll see if I can wrangle up some of my students.

#322871 YANO 2: SoCal December War

Posted by Cannonball on 21 October 2012 - 04:35 PM in Nerf Wars

My calendar is free. I don't expect anything to interfere, so count me in.

Would it be possible for me to purchase some slugs/friendlier darts from someone? I'd like to bring a group of my students with me if possible, and I don't have the time to sit down to make any sort of darts. And since all I've got are domes, the only blasters I'd be able to use are my ball guns. That's fine with me, but most of my students aren't much for that.

#322325 YANO 1: SoCal Nerf War

Posted by Cannonball on 08 October 2012 - 01:58 AM in Nerf Wars

Can't make it, man. Sorry. I don't think I'm going to have time for any nerf wars till fall break. Have fun without me.

#321315 YANO 1: SoCal Nerf War

Posted by Cannonball on 02 September 2012 - 02:00 AM in Nerf Wars

Planning on showing up. I might be going down to San Diego that weekend, but it's still up in the air. So if it's not going down you can count on me being at the war.

#173756 Wodden Toy Gun.

Posted by Cannonball on 30 August 2008 - 06:06 PM in Modifications

It's not that hard to integrate an at2k or at3k into that at all. I'm working on putting an at2k onto the remnants of a flintlock replica myself and I'm just using my rotary tool, and it's solid wood. It will look cool for sure, In my opinion at least. make sure you slap some orange or bright colors on the end of the barrel though so you don't get shot.

#149271 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by Cannonball on 04 April 2008 - 10:45 AM in Nerf Wars

So are we meeting in the parking lot or something tomorrow morning? Or are we just going to wander around the park until we find people shooting each other with nerf guns? This is my first big war outside my church so I don't know how it's done yet.

#148290 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by Cannonball on 31 March 2008 - 01:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I am scrambling like mad to put together a crap load of stefans. I am hoping my order of petg comes in soon so I can make a double breech barrel or whatever it's called for my crossbow. I'm completely flustered and may get lost on the way to the war but I will be there.

#145634 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by Cannonball on 18 March 2008 - 12:07 AM in Nerf Wars

I thought I'd put myself down for this war just so I don't forget later. I'm coming unless my hand gets infected and has to be amputated. That doesn't look like it's going to happen though.

#148996 Vinyl Tubing Quick Connectors

Posted by Cannonball on 02 April 2008 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

the packages say quick connectors So I have no idea if they are barbed or otherwise. I can take them off easily enough. I did solve the problem though. the section of tubing the leak was coming from was being bent and being pulled out slightly so I replaced it. No problems now and my gun holds pressure just fine with no apparent decrease noticeable. I am wondering though, where would you apply the zipties Imaseoulman? I'm sorry if this sounds noobish but I couldn't find a thorough explanation of these sorts of processes on the forum and this is my first time working with this kind of stuff.

And thanks for all of the help guys.

#148864 Vinyl Tubing Quick Connectors

Posted by Cannonball on 02 April 2008 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

I've been working with some 1/4 vinyl tubing and some connectors and I was wondering if you needed to goop/glue them in to make them air tight? I can't fill the chamber so I was wondering if that was the problem.

#149068 Vinyl Tubing Quick Connectors

Posted by Cannonball on 03 April 2008 - 12:59 PM in Modifications

Ok. thanks for clarifying jwasko. I understand now. mine are instant tube fittings.

#142282 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 05:53 PM in General Nerf

Is it just me or is hasbro secretly trying to teach kids how to use squad automatic weaponesque nerf guns to train future soldiers?

Now on to the serious stuff. The gun kind of looks cumbersome, but I think it would be a good and challenging addition to any indoor war. Stock or otherwise, it'll be letting out a good amount of foam which won't easily be dodged.

Lol, of course it's supposed to be cumbersome, it's modeled after a .50 CAL machine gun and it has a tripod. Mabye with quite a bit of minimization this gun could be wielded comfortably but until then this is going to be an important weapon to wield whe defending a flag.

We try to stay away from aim speak here. In anycase, I think it's modeled more after the squad automatic weapon which is .30 cal I believe. It sure does look it.

#142296 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 06:53 PM in General Nerf

Is it just me or is hasbro secretly trying to teach kids how to use squad automatic weaponesque nerf guns to train future soldiers?

I wonder what Hasbro was training us for back when animal-shaped guns shot darts. :unsure:

you stumped me on that one. :unsure:

#141986 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 22 February 2008 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

unless nerf has some how developed a miniature high-torque motor to pull back the longshot plunger that runs off of 6 D batteries then I doubt they are going to use a longshot plunger.

#141793 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 21 February 2008 - 07:06 PM in General Nerf

thank you sputnik. And I wasn't targeting your post specifically smeagolsaur. chill. I was just saying I don't think nerf guns should be compared to airsoft guns because they are almost completely different.

#142291 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 06:18 PM in General Nerf

I know SAW is weapon. and I stand corrected on the .30 cal part.

#141669 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 21 February 2008 - 01:06 AM in General Nerf

from the looks of the vulcan, a crank would be awkward and would not greatly increase the power of the thing. I don't think a blaster of this caliber would be suited for people used to light weight weapons in either case.

#141028 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 18 February 2008 - 01:57 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for posting the same pic that I did, Angel, and then pointing out the LS handle (just like I did)...

In the cleavage-less pic that Angel and I posted,

I have been pretty focused on reading this thread as I am very excited about seeing the new gun and had never seen you post photos here or mention on the Longshot handle. I just went over the entire thread and have not seen that photo posted before. Maybe you could link me to this imaginary post you made, where I copied everything you did.

And about the cleavage thing. It is not cleavage on a guy, those are Pecs!

Not picking sides or anything, but...

Anyway, I'm sure 6 D batteries can do quite a lot in terms of pulling back a plunger tube, but I wonder how fast.
How many batteries does it take to power a typical AEG?

Usually it's a set of rechargeable lithium batteries that are bundled together.

#142006 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 22 February 2008 - 05:28 PM in General Nerf

ya, but to fit inside the vulcan and be powered by D batteries?

#141663 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 21 February 2008 - 12:43 AM in General Nerf

You might as well get a razorbeast then and save yourself some time.

#142231 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 02:50 PM in General Nerf

Now on to the serious stuff. The gun kind of looks cumbersome, but I think it would be a good and challenging addition to any indoor war. Stock or otherwise, it'll be letting out a good amount of foam which won't easily be dodged.

#141785 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 21 February 2008 - 06:41 PM in General Nerf

I don't know about you guys but I'm kind of tired of comparing this gun to the electric system of an airsoft gun. First, if you are reffering to a precision airsoft gun with high ranges, don't expect it to run off run-of-the-mill AA batteries, or even Ds for that matter. Secondly, the balistics are completely different. As for the firefly plunger tube, it is thinner than a nf plunger tube.

#142325 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

I don't think it would be that hard to convert it to run off of rechargeable batteries kind of like an RC car

#128933 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Cannonball on 07 November 2007 - 12:59 PM in Modifications

I just picked up a pair earlier this week, so for those of you who are wondering if they are still around, they are.

I'm trying to figure out how to integrate one into my longshot carbine right now though. Pics when I figure it out.

#126540 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Cannonball on 18 October 2007 - 12:02 AM in Modifications

Pink hot glue is fuckin' gross looking. Nice integration though. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

-butt

It looks like polygrip or some other denture adhesive...

I think it goes pretty well with an already purple gun.

#126925 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Cannonball on 22 October 2007 - 12:35 AM in Modifications

Oh man, I'm looking forward to reading that write-up. Nice job. keep up the good work.

#139982 The Snap-duo

Posted by Cannonball on 13 February 2008 - 04:57 PM in Homemades

nice work. I like how you can remove the shield. What's with one T replacing one of the key rings in the front of the gun? are you going to replace the other as well or is it just harder to cock that tube because of holding the gun/posture?

#138241 The Snap-duo

Posted by Cannonball on 02 February 2008 - 03:54 PM in Homemades

Is the manta shield big enough to cover both snap tubes? I'm just eyeing it here but I think you may have some of it sticking off the sides. Regardless, awesome job Carbon. If you turret those two, it will look something like the double gatling gun Heavy arms carries in Gundam wing. My animefanness showed. my sincere apologies, I just thought it would resemble it.

#140132 The Snap-4m

Posted by Cannonball on 14 February 2008 - 01:14 AM in Homemades

It's a manta ray though....

I like the sound of the snap duo though. If you name it something though it should be something bad ass and biker related due to the ingenious use of leather.

#142780 The Semi 2k Is Back

Posted by Cannonball on 27 February 2008 - 02:07 AM in Modifications

ah, thanks for the explanation.

#142734 The Semi 2k Is Back

Posted by Cannonball on 26 February 2008 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

I was thinking of doing this to my at3k to take advantage of it's rotating mechanism. I'm glad the idea of a semi-auto 2k isn't dead though. I don't own a dtg so could somebody fill me in on how the turret rotates?

#171451 The Scimitar

Posted by Cannonball on 21 August 2008 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

It's definitely different, in a good way. I've never complimented you on your use of velcro Falcon. Right on.

#171174 The Megamaverick!

Posted by Cannonball on 21 August 2008 - 01:23 AM in Modifications

I like it. Didn't Captain Slug work on a maverick without that whole front part?

#142452 The Loaner

Posted by Cannonball on 24 February 2008 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

Nice job. I have two SS2s myself and I am very much pleased with them. Although I took the secret barrels off, I kept all of their pieces together and intact if/when I decide to put them back on. I don't think that gun is going to stay a loaner for much longer.

#165337 The Dark Knight

Posted by Cannonball on 30 July 2008 - 02:47 AM in Off Topic

I think after considering what happened to Bruce Wayne's "love interest" in the dark knight, they may introduce another big female character to fill that void. Knowing that Batman almost never seems to get a break I wouldn't be surprised if Catwoman or Poison Ivy stepped in to fill it. I would lean towards Poison Ivy more so than catwoman because catwoman has never really been an official villain, but more of an anti-hero. I could see Poison Ivy being some outspoke environmental activist that goes off the deep end. If it did turn out that way it would add to the pressure on Bruce's shoulders seeing since this new love interest would be completely contrary to everything he stands for. Just some thoughts.

#138750 The Chief Is Using Nerf!

Posted by Cannonball on 05 February 2008 - 10:48 AM in General Nerf

That does look like a chick in armor. In any case, I think the front looks way more like an LS front than a recon front.

#357072 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2016: A SoCal Experience

Posted by Cannonball on 09 December 2016 - 01:26 AM in Nerf Wars

I plan on being there.

#349867 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2015

Posted by Cannonball on 06 December 2015 - 11:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in