Eh Watt's Content

There have been 214 items by Eh Watt (Search limited from 18-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#250085 September Mnno 09'

Posted by Eh Watt on 10 September 2009 - 06:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmm! Count me in as a maybe. I do not have many darts (100 at max, and they're all stock, no stefans for me) :D , but I would still like to come very much. I have a BBBB that I think is plugged, I'm not sure, I read two mods, and they both said something different about plugging; I put hot glue in the hole on the very tip of the pump, but a second mod said you had to plug up four additional holes on the pump. If the one hot glue part is all you need for a pluggins' then I wil work at getting that sucker out, 'cuz this sounds fun. OH, I also have a NF and a DS which are both modded.

I think we should call it something pirate themed, in honor of TLP Day.

And you guys might have a lot of rule explaining to do, because I haven't heard of half the games on the game list.

#250319 September Mnno 09'

Posted by Eh Watt on 13 September 2009 - 01:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Dangit. I can't go. Might be for the better though, since I don't have a good primary at the moment. Could somebody PM me if you guys are doing another one of these? I really wanted to go to this. :cry:

(I got COA, RedShirt.)

#252244 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 30 September 2009 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Me again. Count me as a maybe (again), I still need a decent primary (again). But! I may be able to rig one up by halloween, hopefully. What would I need to bring for team powerball/defend the core? I may be up for bringin' some stuff. Again (again), I only have about 100 stock darts, but I am working on that.

I would really like to attend this and meet all of you. You seem like a lovely bunch of people.

#252321 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 01 October 2009 - 06:22 PM in Nerf Wars

You guys think we should all bring masks n' stuff and have a costume'd round? I think that'd be pretty awesome, myself...

#252330 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 01 October 2009 - 07:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be wearing my costume for a round or two, it's kinda hot so we'll see how long I can last with it on

Awright!. Looks like team powerball requires some laundry hampers. I could bring one or two if needed. Just throwin' that out there.

#252493 North York Nerf War 3.

Posted by Eh Watt on 03 October 2009 - 05:40 PM in Nerf Wars

That was a really good idea for the filming style. My favorite part was when you started advancing, and the guy in the orange (Dumpster, right?) hit you. *Point finger* YOU!

Wish I could've been there.

#252710 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 05 October 2009 - 08:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Soo, do you guys usually have a dart factory sometime before this war? I don't really know how you guys work, or what...Anyway this goes, I'm still really exited!

#252746 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 06 October 2009 - 01:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I would like to have a dart factory/mod party sometime before the war. Some of us are going down to Chano3, so I would love to do something before the 17th.

How does Thursday afternoons/evening work for you guys? Atomatron and I had talked about doing something then.

Well, that works for me. I don't know how me parents will react to "Hey, can I go over to meet some random people that I've never met and you don't know at some random person's house?" But, if you get BobRedShirt to go, that would increase my chances greatly, since we actually know him. No offense to you guys, of course. I'll go PM/facebook him now.

#252770 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 06 October 2009 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I would like to have a dart factory/mod party sometime before the war. Some of us are going down to Chano3, so I would love to do something before the 17th.

How does Thursday afternoons/evening work for you guys? Atomatron and I had talked about doing something then.

Well, that works for me. I don't know how me parents will react to "Hey, can I go over to meet some random people that I've never met and you don't know at some random person's house?" But, if you get BobRedShirt to go, that would increase my chances greatly, since we actually know him. No offense to you guys, of course. I'll go PM/facebook him now.

Are you Lief's friend that be built the longshot for?

No. But, I might be a friend of that friend. I'm not a super close friend of Leif, but we're cool.

#252776 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 06 October 2009 - 06:44 PM in Nerf Wars

well tell him to come Nerf in the snow too...

Will do! Back to the dart factory... Who's game?

#252938 A Question On Two-handed Guns

Posted by Eh Watt on 08 October 2009 - 03:56 PM in General Nerf

I find I am a bit more accurate while aiming from the hip, actually. It seems that I track and judge moving targets better that way, also. Funny things, humans.

#254047 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 20 October 2009 - 09:38 AM in Nerf Wars

You may upgrade my status to a Definite. This sounds like it's gonna be fun! :lol: I will have a primary, probably one with copious amounts of gorilla tape, due to my workbench being currently inaccessible. -_- I still need to get some darts... Dunno If they'll be felt-tipped. But I'll be there! I'm looking forward to becoming a member of the minnesota nerfers.

messiah: are you guys on MWNC yet? I can send you invites if you aren't.

Is that that thing on facebook that I'm already in? If not, I'd like to join! Is there some sort of actually-been-to-a-war initiation rite?

Oh, and I'm assuming the dart factory is off, right?

#254049 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 20 October 2009 - 10:43 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd like to host a mod part/dart making day sometime this week or next. Most evenings and afternoons work well for me, except for Monday and Tuesday.

Sweet! I'd partake in that, that would work out great for me. I am free anything but mondays and tuesdays as well. (Again, assuming my parents let me)

#254189 Breech Lock N' Load

Posted by Eh Watt on 21 October 2009 - 09:38 AM in Modifications

That is one of the cleanest things I have ever seen here. Would the bungees get in the way of the breech? I suppose you could even put it on the top, with a little bit more of trouble... Anyways, great job, man! :)

#254193 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 21 October 2009 - 10:26 AM in Nerf Wars

My parents said I could probably go to the mod party. Mondays and Tuesdays don't work out well for me, and I also cannot go this Saturday (10-24) night, I'm goin' to a concert at 8 o'clock. Otherwise, any other dates/times should probably work.

What dates work well for you people?

Oh, also, do I need to bring anything special? Chips? Soda? Screwdrivers?

#254381 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 23 October 2009 - 01:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Hamline war this saturday 8-11 PM, if you want in let me know.

I can't go to that. Wait, did you mean 8-11 AM?

As for the mod party, it might boil down to: If the party doesn't happen, I can't go to the halloween war, as I haven't made darts before, and I can't use my workbench to put barrels on all of my guns. And I know you all wanna see me at the war. :P

#254402 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 23 October 2009 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

8-11 PM is correct. This is an indoor war.

Ooh, I can't go.

#254423 Happy B-day To Groove!

Posted by Eh Watt on 24 October 2009 - 09:54 AM in Off Topic

Now I can say happy birthday. Happy birthday man, and thanks for all you've done for nerf.

Love,
-Watt :P

#254431 Heeelllp! Ignore-problem Solved

Posted by Eh Watt on 24 October 2009 - 01:28 PM in Modifications

What I don't understand, is why you couldn't just make an RSCB clip for it. The clip holds 5-6 darts and really helps the ROF on the BBB. The clip doesn't require much modding skill at all!

Or even better: make one of these! They don't look particularly hard to make. I haven't tested them out/made one, but I think Beaver used one on his +bow, so I'm assuming they'd work on your BBB.

Edit: Beav did use it.

Posted Image <---He's the one with the cap.

I think that's the same thing as in the link. If it's not, I don't see why it wouldn't work on your BBB, unless it delivers air super slow.

Another Edit: Zorn said that the hopper clip doesn't work so well on BBB here. So I guess you could do it, but I dunno how much it would help anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I like the turret mod too, but this is more simple and easier to do.

Oh, and sorry about the big pic, it was the best view of it I could find, and I don't know how to resize. -_- If you want me to take it out, I can.

#254450 Jlego's Hybrid Breech System (somewhat Picture Heavy)

Posted by Eh Watt on 24 October 2009 - 04:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

Now that is a very professional looking breech. The cuts are just perfect, as outtabox said. I will probably take this into account when designing my breech. And, as cheesy said, how do you make your cuts so smooth? is it the sandpaper? Anyways, great work, man!

#254527 Stormtrooper Blastech E-11 Raider With Brass Breech

Posted by Eh Watt on 25 October 2009 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

That's great, man! Ranges don't even matter if it looks this awesome. Yay for star wars! :blink:

Oh, and great job on the writeup, too, very easy to understand.

#254896 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 29 October 2009 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Do you guys mind if my dad comes? He'd probably be using a blowgun... I hear there's been an incident like that in Minnesota. :huh:

Oh, and Messiah + the 34th LCB will be coming.

#254931 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 30 October 2009 - 10:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Not at all. We usual like having older players. In fact, then he would see for himself that we are legit.

Good! He wanted to come along anyways, and it would be nice for him to see for himself that you guys aren't a bunch of sex-offenders or something. :huh:

#254957 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 30 October 2009 - 07:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Woo! Leif let me use his workbench, so now I have a brassed SM750 (Sorry taters), but I'll need to get some darts from the communal box o' stefans. I am exited to meet and nerf with you all. And so is my dad. :)

#254988 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 31 October 2009 - 08:44 AM in Nerf Wars

I will see you all on the field of honor. *Finishes polishing sword, dons armor, and rides horse to Newell park*

#255044 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 31 October 2009 - 11:15 PM in Nerf Wars

That's me with the goblin mask on, everyone.

It was a good war for me! I thought we'd play more games actually, but it was fun nonetheless.

Stuff that happened:
  • Koree liked my 5-minute Ghetto Ramrod Holder (5mGRH)
  • Ramrodding SUCKS! I need me some speedloaders.
  • It was fun meeting everyone!
  • Jacking other peoples weapons/darts made up for my poor little arsenal
  • Learned some new stuff... like... fish...
  • Koree shooting me in the face with a crossbow
  • Shooting myself in the foot with Beavis' +bow to see how much it hurt :D (Pain rating: A (lot) )
  • Selling and buying random stuff
  • Owning with my SM750 (Just kidding, I got, like... 2 kills)
  • My dad randomly and awkwardly showing up
  • Sneaking around unnoticed to the other team's base during the CTF round, only to find that it was 1 flag CTF, and the flag was halfway to the other side of the park. I got personal sneaky points, though. :)
  • Uh....
  • Other stuff
  • Overall: Fun!
You guys are a great bunch of people. I still have to meet Busta and a couple of other guys though. Looking forward to it!

POST YOUR PICS, VENOM

Edit: NOW

#255050 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 01 November 2009 - 12:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Koree blinked. :)

My shoes look pretty good in the sun...

#255082 Happy Birthday Forsaken_angel24!

Posted by Eh Watt on 01 November 2009 - 02:07 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday man! Go contract something for yourself. You deserve it. :)

#255083 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 01 November 2009 - 02:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I was a little disappointed that more people weren't in costume though, maybe next year.

Yeah, me too, actually. I half-wore mine. Although I couldn't see any darts flying at me through my mask. That was a fun round though. We should've played a game, like: "Shoot the goblin" where you all get the highest powered guns you have, and make some sort of nerf gauntlet that the person wearing the mask has to run through, maybe to deliver the flag to a certain area. Or you could all just use +bows and hunt me down. Either way, shooting people with masks on is fun! :)

#255150 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 01 November 2009 - 10:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Good noob intro war.

You lookin' at me? Naw, it probably was. ;)

It sucks, because I totally underestimated the size of the darts we were using. I come home, and I find out i have a bunch of CPVC that fits in the coupler I have for my BBB (thanks Drac!), so I could've fashioned a speedloader outta that. D'oh! :D

Another highlight... thing...
  • Moses' staff of nerf! (Remeber, taters?)
That seems like something that should go down in nerf lore forever. Even though it was only between two people...

#255270 New Dart Concept

Posted by Eh Watt on 04 November 2009 - 09:23 AM in Darts and Barrels

So they're basically like Slug's felt and washer stefans? I'd use these, 'cept it seems like you'd have to make the slants just perfect for them to function properly... Are they just about as accurate as slug darts, then? And pictures/dart comparison videos would be nice. :)

#255288 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Eh Watt on 04 November 2009 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

It's going to be warmer this weekend, would anybody be up for something?

Pssshyeah! I'd be in, parents and homework permitting.

#255295 New Dart Concept

Posted by Eh Watt on 04 November 2009 - 05:07 PM in Darts and Barrels

I'm pretty sure they're pretty much nothing like Slug's darts unless I'm understanding him wrong.

Oh, I wasn't talking construction-wise, I was talking shape wise. The way the air flows over it looks similar to how the air would flow over those felt things Slug uses. (I forgot the name)

Anyway, not a bad idea. My only problem with this would be almost encouraging people to make the ends of their darts pointy. If that began to happen, we would obviously have some serious problems.

Dunno, if you just kept the shape like CROW has them, it seems like it would be fine...

#255308 Late Fall Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by Eh Watt on 04 November 2009 - 06:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Highland. That's my vote. That's where I live! I'll see what I can do, foam-wise. The dart restriction comes in handy, 'cuz I have like 1000 bbs at my house. Annd... both dates probably work for me.

#255414 Late Fall Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by Eh Watt on 05 November 2009 - 06:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Keep in mind, the only people who will be on the attendance list are people who have went to atleast 1 Minnesota war.

Phew! :)

There was some talk of a mod party last war... any thoughts?

...Was that too soon?

#255630 Late Fall Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by Eh Watt on 07 November 2009 - 07:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Dec. 5th works for me. I'll see if I can get a sword or something to match up against Jenson. :D

#256265 Late Fall Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by Eh Watt on 14 November 2009 - 02:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Did we actually get a date figured out? Both dates would work for me, and I'd be up for a war on both weekends, too. I'm trying to make darts as best I can in the meantime.

#257229 The Road To Apoc.

Posted by Eh Watt on 25 November 2009 - 10:41 AM in General Nerf

That video made me smile. :P I am awaiting part 2. Or 3. or whatever. You're very good at editing videos and filming what people like. Good job!

Oh, and thumbs up on the shirts, too.

#257263 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Eh Watt on 25 November 2009 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

About time I made a contribution to this... I like the lego gun, Merz!

Posted Image
My SM750 with a 9/16" brass barrel nested in PVC for protection. On the side is my ramrod holder, made from two parts of the LSFG and an old spring.

Posted Image
My BBB next to the SM750. Draconis modded the BBB, I did some touch ups, and Split sold me the marvelous salvos. I'll put some barrels on them later.

Posted Image
Front view of the BBB. I think I'll name it "UHNHNHNHNH". Busta sorta came up with the name. I'll need to fix that crooked lower MS...

Like Whitemoonlight, feel free to PM me with any questions or comments.

i have a nice camera. :)

#257410 Clothing

Posted by Eh Watt on 27 November 2009 - 06:18 PM in Off Topic

I wear what's appropriate to stay warm (I live in Minnesota, you have to do that to survive). Last war, I wore an under armor shirt (not Ice's), a t-shirt, my light hoodie, and my leather jacket. I also wore wool socks, jeans and brought 2 different pairs of gloves, one pair of light and another heavier pair. I took layers off when necessary and put them on when needed. I maintained my mobility, though!