Phree Agent's Content

There have been 220 items by Phree Agent (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#338160 Wrist Gun

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 April 2014 - 02:25 PM in Modifications

The spiderman and venom wrist blasters would probably do the trick.

Posted Image

This is mine a few years back. It had a spring and barrel replacement and shot just as well as a modded nitefinder. I will say that in a running/jumping/holding another blaster type of situation, it was nearly impossible to aim.

Edit: Maybe people don't know how this blaster works. You pull the red piece that my fingertips are touching out until it catches. The plunger rod slides back into the blaster into it's starting position. To fire the blaster, you press inwards on the same red piece.

#262374 Would This Modification Do Anything?

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 January 2010 - 02:55 PM in Modifications

To answer your question directly, yes it will work. People have made these sort of "stubby" barreled doubleshots before. I have infact seen one in action. It kills the aesthetics of the gun though, I think, but does make the gun more useable.

#335794 What kind of battery should I use to voltage mod a stampede

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 December 2013 - 02:03 AM in Modifications

I have the exact same battery packs and set up as this mod: http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20658.

I also have at least 1 of the chargers, probably both. If you are interested, send me a PM.

#278909 War In June

Posted by Phree Agent on 28 June 2010 - 05:32 PM in Nerf Wars

If this actually becomes a Nerf war and less of a Daycare-ish nerfy backyard hangout then I maybe be interested.

#321386 Vinyl Tubing Slugs

Posted by Phree Agent on 05 September 2012 - 02:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

What holds the dart head onto the blank? I am assuming a hole is drilled/burned into the blank to hold the tubing?

#327076 VAFF

Posted by Phree Agent on 20 February 2013 - 12:30 PM in Nerf Wars

VA war?! Hell yes. I can't commit to being at this one for sure, but just seeing a war in VA (not just solely in the DC area) excites me. More power to you, and let us Virginians know how it goes!

#299216 Tyco RC Rapid Assault

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 June 2011 - 09:48 AM in Modifications

I have found that cheap RC cars like this one have a very small range from controller to the car itself. I hope this one can make it across a gym and back because at the very least it would bring some comic relief to an indoor nerf warzone.

#275092 The Reconbow

Posted by Phree Agent on 17 May 2010 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

That pump priming forgrip is the icing on the cake, though I would rather see a real handle on it than a piece of PVC. Excellent job overall.

#295793 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Phree Agent on 11 March 2011 - 11:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, my group is having to back out. I will be jealously awaiting pics/vids.

#295650 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 March 2011 - 11:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, the DC area war fell through this weekend. So what better way to celebrate than to plan a 7 and a half hour trip to Cinci for an even bigger war the next weekend? We haven't got the details all figured out, but me and my housemates (5 or 6) are maybes as of now! Virginia representing!

#321932 The Evo Breech!

Posted by Phree Agent on 23 September 2012 - 10:43 PM in Darts and Barrels

You would be just as well off simply front loading the barrel. The point of having a breech of this style is to position the dart as close to the power source of the blaster at the base of the barrel without having to use a ramrod. Your design does not do this.

#291533 The Compleat Stampede Mod

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 December 2010 - 01:28 AM in Modifications

Maybe I misunderstood a few other threads, but concerning the voltage: Weren't people having problems with the blaster just continually shooting above a certain voltage? What is that 'ceiling voltage' where the blaster is maxed out per say?

#292290 The Compleat Stampede Mod

Posted by Phree Agent on 05 January 2011 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

Just a comment about the BBB spring part. I tried using an OLD BBB spring and it is too tight in the plunger tube and will not work.

#267732 The 65-b 6 Barrel Buzz Bee Big Blast

Posted by Phree Agent on 02 March 2010 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Craftsmanship here is top notch. I appreciate mods that look good and function well. Congrats, not to mention this may be the first BBBB mod in a while that actually makes me want to buy one.

#306941 Tetra Strike Re-barrel, Pump replacement

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 November 2011 - 01:21 PM in Modifications

This is seriously sick. Has anyone tried singling one of these? I couldn't find anything... That would be beast.

Cmeej

Well, seeing as it is essentially 4 'singled' tanks in one blaster.........

Anyway, this is awesome. Tetrastrikes are cheap enough, and mod-friendly enough that I may have to invest in a few for loaners. Nice job!

#266424 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 February 2010 - 01:33 AM in Modifications

This was the first turret I tried to re barrel and it turned out AWFUL. Airsoftguy is right in that the boiling does not work for these. I tried to do what you stated and just reattach the rotation mech separately after I re barreled the turret, but I got my spacing slightly off. Never worked the same again, but if you make proper cuts and measurements your idea should work in theory.

#260686 Supermaxx 3000 Overhaul

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 January 2010 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure if all these guns are like this, or if the previous owner of mine was just violent with his blasters, but the screw post that goes through the pump (the one that actually pulls/pushes the pump) is broken. I'm sure there is an easy way to reinforce this piece. Just thought I would share this prior to it possibly breaking.

Other than that, excellent work as usual. The aesthetics of this gun are what push me away from even wanting to mod mine (and the blue one is even uglier) *cringe*.

#291135 Stampede Shield In Wars

Posted by Phree Agent on 18 December 2010 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

There is no reason to decide as a whole community whether or not to count these hits or not. Just as in all shield related rules, it is up to the war organizer(s) to decide what is allowed or not allowed to be used as a shield.

#321850 SMEDLEY PARK WAR

Posted by Phree Agent on 21 September 2012 - 07:57 PM in Nerf Wars

My guests (people to split gas with) backed out, and thus I won't be attending anymore. Red team, I bid thee well.

#321448 SMEDLEY PARK WAR

Posted by Phree Agent on 07 September 2012 - 09:01 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a maybe as of now. Have to get some work schedules hammered out.

#261173 Skype Group Chat

Posted by Phree Agent on 08 January 2010 - 12:05 PM in Off Topic

Phreenerf
Not important
Phree

#336447 Short Barreled AT2K

Posted by Phree Agent on 11 January 2014 - 04:41 PM in Darts and Barrels

With a 4 inch barrel, you can just ramrod the stefans down with a finger. Rearloading a 2k turret is harder than it sounds.

#323475 Sealing Nerf Tubing

Posted by Phree Agent on 11 November 2012 - 10:44 PM in General Nerf

Make sure you follow all of the curing/applying directions on the goop such as surface prep and curing time. Don't put any pressure through the system before the full curing time is over. For leaks like this, I usually goop the connection. After letting it cure, and testing, I just simply add more goop to the leaking area. It may not be the MOST efficient method, but goop has never failed me.

#329097 RoughCut 4x4 "Dudley"

Posted by Phree Agent on 27 April 2013 - 02:53 PM in Modifications

When I first saw this mod I was expecting just huge globs of hotglue holding the 2 blasters together and a ziptie across the triggers. I am super impressed though with the quality here! The price tag on this thing (x2) still scares me away from trying it myself.

#311155 Revived and Finished Modified Supermaxx 5000

Posted by Phree Agent on 13 February 2012 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

The paintjob is nice. It would look even better in the mods/paintjobs thread.

#324316 RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER: War at 'The Grid Code' Indoor Ner

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 December 2012 - 07:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I have been waiting for a good reason to put some effort in and get up to a PA war, this looks like just the thing. For now, I am tentative, but I will pay my deposit either way. Time to round up the crew. Hoongfu, I will let you know if I need a place to crash for the night. Thanks for the offer!

#326476 RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER: War at 'The Grid Code' Indoor Ner

Posted by Phree Agent on 07 February 2013 - 12:24 AM in Nerf Wars

My guests (that were going to help cover some gas money) MIGHT be bailing on me. So, if anyone between northern VA and the war needs a ride and would chip in for gas, let me know through PMs.

#264313 Ratchetblast Assistance?

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 February 2010 - 09:26 AM in Modifications

That blue gunk was all over my internals as well. If I had to guess I think it is just a mixture of the ancient stock lube and dirt in the blaster. I just washed it off and re-lubed, no harm done.

#262734 Raider Issue

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 January 2010 - 05:59 PM in General Nerf

Does the priming bar get stuck forward, back, or somewhere in between?

#281549 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Phree Agent on 28 July 2010 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

I really like this mod. The rate of fire really wasn't as lost as some people are saying. The one thing that would really blow me away is if the Rev. 2 somehow had a linked pump handle and slide breech handle. Like on the first pump of the pump handle it would also load the breech, but the 2nd/3rd/4th pump would not open and close it. Then it would be just as fast as a hoppered 4B. That system wound definitely add complexity to the design though which I know you said you wanted to lessen with the Rev. 2.

#339534 Q&A with Hasbro Engineers

Posted by Phree Agent on 13 June 2014 - 07:35 AM in General Nerf

Does Nerf have intentions on continuing the trend of iOS/mobile integration further into their products as other companies have recently?

#312069 PVC/CPVC Breech

Posted by Phree Agent on 28 February 2012 - 10:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

This is a great write up. Unfortunately, I think it made this look too easy :P. I have tried both methods (sanding and drilling) to make a cpvc/pvc breech and I haven't been very successful on either one. I will just share my findings instead of blabbering longer:

When using the sanding method it is hard to get a uniform thickness for the Cpvc. This led to a bad seal for me and troublesome sliding. I guess this could be fixed by using a mill, but that is neither here nor there.

When I attempted the drilling method, I found it hard to center the bit which in turn either created a corkscrew-esk groove in the PVC sheath or if the drilling did go successfully, the hole was crooked from end to end.

Like I said, these are just my findings. You can take them with a grain of salt if you so choose. Just know, that as simple as this write up makes it look, it is quite difficult to make this sort of breech well.

#320876 Putty-wrap darts

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 August 2012 - 10:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

There would also be an issue if you barrel material was a little tight on your darts and they required a twist in order to be loaded.

Also, does the tape stay wrapped well? Would the darts landing in dew covered grass (puddles/rain/ect) make them immediately unravel? Pending the darts are shot in ideal environments with no water, how many shots would you say you could get out of a dart before it becomes unusable?

#320696 Panther Tank Expansion

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 August 2012 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

Excellent job. Now, these just need to become widely available.

I will be the one to ask: Ranges?

Also, is there a specific reason for using a titan barrel? Is there a PVC equivalent?

#266530 Pa Nerf/airsoft Arena Website Added

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 February 2010 - 11:40 PM in General Nerf

I am very excited about this as well. This would be well worth the drive for me for a pretty outstanding indoor location! Excellent find.

#302365 One Hand Primable Blaster - Writeup

Posted by Phree Agent on 27 July 2011 - 09:24 AM in Homemades

Ahh, I remember the ancient prototype plans we looked over one night on the IRC! It is even prettier than I imagined. Great to see it come through its various stages of production, and the write up was excellent.

#298159 One Hand Primable Blaster

Posted by Phree Agent on 15 May 2011 - 07:27 PM in Homemades

I know we talked about this some in the IRC a looong while back, so I am glad it came to be. Looks good, and I know it will only get better from here. Congrats.

#297804 Once More With Feeling

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 May 2011 - 08:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Any way you could update the first post Dizzy with the final date, time, place, attendees? That would really help in attracting more people as well as convincing the ones on the fence to be definites...

#298474 Once More With Feeling

Posted by Phree Agent on 23 May 2011 - 10:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I will not be able to make it this weekend. Throw some foam on my behalf!

#305883 [Suggestion] New Member policy

Posted by Phree Agent on 14 October 2011 - 09:15 PM in Site Feedback

I am really trying not to generalize here, because I know there are some intelligent FNGs out there, but to be honest I have only read maybe 2 or 3 threads started by them that I even bothered to read all the way through. Grammar and content have been lacking in the vast majority of them. I think the post limiting system and new ranks are the most brilliant thing that has ever happened to new members of this site. Instead of being totally mute and a nonmember for multiple months (as it used to be), you have the opportunity to POST! I don't think this is limiting anyone's creative liberties. It gives opportunities, if anything.

In short, I feel posting on this site is a privilege that has to be earned. You can post once per day, and contribute as much or as little as you would like. Consider your single post per day as sacred and work on quality instead of quantity. And finally, in my humble opinion, anyone that posts 5 times per day is posting too much no matter if they are a veteran or FNG.

/rant