SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA's Content

There have been 1000 items by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#121001 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 August 2007 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

Does it matter if he's not shooting anyone?

BigFoot: Does the paint make the slide difficult to pull back (because the portion of the gun that it slides on is thicker), or is there not really any noticeable difference? Also, what grit sandpaper (or what Dremel bit) did you use to get such a smooth look?

#123725 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 20 September 2007 - 09:16 PM in Modifications

Never lube a gun with WD-40. The solution eats away rubber (meaning your O-rings), and your gun will suffer tremendously. Other than that, the gun looks good. Barrel is a little crooked, though.

#100722 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 March 2007 - 12:36 PM in Modifications

This is my longshot.

I think you mean Double Shot.

Edit: CH got there before me.

#106820 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 20 May 2007 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

CS, you're starting to scare people with what you do to the guns in the Unity Power System.

#130000 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 17 November 2007 - 03:45 PM in Homemades

CPVC in the shell lines up with the brass in the barrel almost perfectly.

Is there any problem with the dart's transition from CPVC to brass? If not, I think my redesign of my shotgun concept might work. Since brass shells are expensive and time-consuming to make, I was going to use CPVC ones.

#93254 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 29 October 2006 - 01:23 PM in Homemades

Damn, sponge. I can't wait for those test-shot results. By the way, how long is the barrel on that thing?

#129896 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 16 November 2007 - 03:07 PM in Homemades

Great work, Rifle. Does your gun fire megas like the FAR, or do you have a nested brass barrel and some inserts in those shells?

#93839 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2006 - 12:04 PM in Homemades

You should put some range test results up here, as well as some statistics about barrel length, etc. It would be great to use that thing as a snįper rifle or something.

#129648 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 13 November 2007 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

The plunger is removed by unscrewing the plate at the back of the plunger tube on the bolt sled and pulling the assembly out. If you want to separate the plunger tube from the bolt sled, you can't do it through anything short of sawing the two apart near the silver pin towards the bolt face.

#101970 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 08 April 2007 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

I just modified my longshot... and now my longshot clips jams more then before the gun was modified, does anyone know what the problem is and what i can do?

Jamming while feeding darts, or jamming while being removed/inserted from/into the gun?

Either way, make sure the bolt is pulled all the way back to move the clips. Also do not slide the bolt back more than one time per loading unless you modified the system to be able to shotgun-load darts.

#121206 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 August 2007 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

Is there any other material I can use for the new barrel? I can't get my hands on Brass. Would any PVC or CPVC work for the barrel? and if so what size?

No. PETG or brass (17/32" O.D. brass). Since you can't get the latter, contact OMC for some PETG tubing, although I have yet to see a breach made out of it.

#107086 Longshot Mod

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 May 2007 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

What, you can't pick up a fucking spring? Are you a cripple?

Chill. It was a dumb question, but calm down.

If you are not careful, a few springs may pop out, like the one used to hold the scope, but nothing vital. Just remember where all the parts go, and it is a very easy mod.

P.S.: The ' key and the shift key are located next to your right pinky. Use them.

#141915 Longshot Mod

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 February 2008 - 01:43 AM in Modifications

You could try taking a flat-bladed screwdriver and hammering it through the three supports for the restrictor. If you do that, be wary of bending the bolt, though.

Also, please check the post dates. If the last reply was over a month or two ago, then try PMing the poster or searching instead. Just a heads-up before you get flamed.

Edit:
Omega: He's new. Noobs make mistakes. I told him what he did. I'm sure you've screwed up before, too.

#114020 Longshot Mod

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 July 2007 - 05:03 PM in Modifications

I just bought one of these and I used this mod. It seems to work pretty good, I can't wait to see what it can do in a NerfWare

This thread was one month old, and you contributed nothing. Please refrain from posting things like this just to raise your post count, which is no mark of seniority. Also, please use the Spell Check when you post.

#98888 Longshot Modification.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 28 January 2007 - 12:01 PM in Modifications

I just have two questions, what’s the point of the tightening rings and where can I get them?

You just have to make them by crimping the brass slightly at certain points. As far as I know, there's nothing to be bought except for the brass.

#98873 Longshot Modification.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 27 January 2007 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

Why not integrate an At2k or At3k into the front gun and just use the front gun's pump as a means of pulling the airtanks pin? Sure you'd have to find a place for the pump but it's possible.

Sounds like something Falcon would do, being the turret junkie that he is... However, the range and power of not only one, but multiple quickly-reloading back-up shots is something that would make this worthwhile.

#98837 Longshot Modification.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 January 2007 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

This Longshot makes everything I have look like garbage. That's why I must have one. Two questions: How would you rate this on a scale of 1-10 for difficulty for a decent modder? How long did it take you to assemble and install the breech system?

#128690 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 November 2007 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

CPVC is good if you need a lot of barrel material and have no money (AKA it's cheap). However, it tends to be too tight on most darts and is difficult to load with certain foams. It's also easy to bend at long lengths, which is not ideal if you need a super-accurate high-powered gun like a Titan.

#127880 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 28 October 2007 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

The springs in HD will be near the hardware aisle (yes, there is a set of aisles in a hardware store designated "hardware"). You'll almost always find them near the bolts, screws, washers, steel rods, etc. Usually there are only two to five different types of compression springs, with the rest being extension springs.

#130411 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 November 2007 - 12:15 AM in Modifications

Ace Hardware and Home Depot both carry springs, albeit different lines. I personally prefer the HD ones. Their line is called "Handyman". For an NF, you'll want the 9713s. They come in a 2-pack for about $5-7, and their dimensions are almost identical to the NF spring's with the exception of a heavier gauge. They should be in the hardware aisle near the bolts, nuts, and hinges. I warn you though, they require heavy reinforcement to be used without destroying your gun quickly.

For a better-fitting spring, cut down an AR-15 buffer spring available here.

#128744 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 November 2007 - 09:50 PM in News

Perhaps this should have been stated earlier. The rails on this gun are like on the normal LS. You would need to take an inverse rail, such as from the top of a Crossfire or from an LS scope, glue it to your gun/accessory, and then slide that onto the rail on the RC.

#128768 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 06 November 2007 - 12:04 AM in News

I was just providing examples, but yes. However, I would leave one on the "laser." Even if it turns out to be a POS, which there is a 99.99% chance of happening, then it provides a readily available shells for an integration or replacement.

#129775 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 November 2007 - 04:44 PM in News

No. I know that I have not seen the gun in person, but look where they put the lock for the spare mag. It's halfway between the grip and the shoulder rest. The double-mag would hit the grip before it fit in there..

#129831 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 November 2007 - 10:32 PM in News

A double magazine is 12 shots. Trips would be in the 18+ range, but the spring problems and sheer size make it impractical. Do two double magazines spaced next to each other by PVC. (Not my idea, but I can't remember who thought of the PVC spacers.)

Also, I doubt that they are going to go back and add a second mag to the package. They might make the move to stock stores with the spares, but I wouldn't bet on it until we get some more info.

#128619 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 04 November 2007 - 10:01 PM in News

It will. The back of the stock is shaped like a sideways U to accept the bottom of the magazine, but I don't know how firmly it will hold it. (The magazine is placed in horizontally, so that the bottom of the mag is parallel to the back of the stock).

#130604 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2007 - 11:46 PM in News

I wish I knew if the RC's slide is an inner one or outer one.

In reference to what?

#129841 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 November 2007 - 11:00 PM in News

No. Too much work, too easy to screw up, not enough gain. Use the 6-round mags or the 12-rounders. I'm not going to stop you from trying, but it's a waste of time.

#132386 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 14 December 2007 - 01:17 AM in News

I don't think anybody has mentioned this yet:

http://www.amazon.co...LS/ref=dp_olp_2

Guy claiming to already have one to sell. He clearly can't, any thoughts from people?

As a side note, this is the same guy selling a Crossbow for $200 (http://www.amazon.co...6128144&sr=1-17)

CaptainCC is full of shit.

On a more cheery note, the release is tomorrow. And all Wal*Marts have the RC in stock? For $20? Kickass.

#145501 Nerfhaven Homemade Directory

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 17 March 2008 - 01:38 AM in Homemades

Thanks again for bailing me out on this one, Carbon. Looks great. One problem, though. The first link (for CS' guide on plastic machining) actually directs to his DIY air tank.

#135898 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 13 January 2008 - 09:52 PM in Homemades

Damn. Long time, no posts. Got caught up in quite a bit over the holidays.

Rest assured, this project is still in the works, despite over a year in development hell. Since PVC is proving to be difficult to work around a CPVC-shell system, I am exploring new options for making the body of the gun. This includes resin-casting and using vacuum-forming for molds. I want this gun to have a nice, finished feel to it, rather than produce a model that looks and performs like crap.

Also, I will be working on that updated directory. This week is midterms (fun fun), so I'll probably have it around the weekend.

#123876 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 September 2007 - 09:44 PM in Homemades

I should start paying you guys.

#95687 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 December 2006 - 05:56 PM in Homemades

Speaking of prototypes, I made a crude model of the shell ejection system. It is a little bulky and long, but it's just in the design phase.

Posted Image

The tip is a nail, the body is a cut-down tube from a Bic pen (with hole cut in black end cap), the two springs are from some spare pens, and the springs are threaded onto a second nail. The heads of the nails are touching, and the blue cap is the cut-down base from a blue wall anchor (like the kind used for nails) with the side tabs, base rim, and fluted tip removed.

Overall, the ejector has enough power to put small holes in pizza boxes when fully depressed. Suggestions or comments, anyone?

P.S.: Ronster, I hope to see a successful model of the carrier so we can actually prove the concept in scale for a nerf gun.

#95549 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 29 November 2006 - 06:55 PM in Homemades

To shorten the gun, I was going to borrow another design from Boltsniper and use the stock's horizontal tube to house the plunger and spring. This way the gun can still be manageable in size, but not suffer any range or reliability issues. I plan to make the gun about 76cm (~30 in.) long, but I may need to lengthen it a little to make room for more shells in the magazine. Right now I can fit about 5 shells with that lenght, and I was hoping for 6-8 to make it more practical.

#93436 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 October 2006 - 06:27 PM in Homemades

Dammit! I keep overlooking stuff!

I forgot that the carrier dog does indeed move towards the magazine. Noob mistake #654 - overlooking simplistics. As for the axles, I was thinking some thin music wire or a really skinny nail, something that won't bend or crack easily. I intend to clean and lubricate this gun well, so your 3rd suggestion won't be a problem. As for the gears, I think it would be easier to find some at a hobby store or something, since I'm not paying $3 for a single gear. (and I have yet to see a round, gear-like Lego.)

With these problems mostly solved, I need some suggestions on how to prevent the shells in the magazine from slipping out of the gap when the carrier is raised to load a shell. I have a feeling that my spring-loaded tab on the end of the carrier might not work since it will be too big.

#96613 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 December 2006 - 03:55 PM in Homemades

Just curious...

Anyone set a timeline to actually get something done?

All I've seen so far are some drawings, some pictures of shotguns clipped from varying websites, some gibberish from howstuffoworks.com, and a whole lot of idea tossing, excuses for delays (school, etc.), and basically kind of running in circles on something that hasn't gone past a pen tube, spring, and nail.

It would just be nice to see something beyond posts after almost two months of chatting. Talio is back, so I won't even speculate on his opinion of such matters.

-Piney-

I was actually going out to get some materials for the plunger and bolt this weekend, and hopefully build the carrier assembly by Christmas break. (That "pen tube" was only a prototype, but it works pretty damn good.)

P.S.: I read the post Talio had on the homepage, and I'm in no hurry to piss him off. Expect something done from me soon...

#96629 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 December 2006 - 07:15 PM in Homemades

Ronster: I have the lego parts in a box somewhere, but you'll need to explain the white tabs. Are there springs between them, or do they just rotate with the black axle?

Piney:
This will be done. I take my time with this because I, like many of the others who frequent these forums, am not willing to waste money if I know that the design won't work. Once enough of the systems have been worked out, then I will assemble the whole gun. The parts that I know how to make will be under construction by Christmas break, and that much I can promise.

#124807 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 October 2007 - 05:33 PM in Homemades

I own a .22 lever-action, so I am familiar with the workings. They are the same as on a standard shotgun, and was the system that I was looking at when I originally began this project. However, the entire gear aspect is still what is screwing up a lot of us, as we have no way to get gears that match precisely what is needed, and only a crude way to manufacture them (cut into solid plasitc rod with a dremel). Not worth it, unless there is an alternative source. I will check McMaster later.

#123880 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 September 2007 - 09:55 PM in Homemades

I'm not really sure that's a problem. The magazine port should be rectangluar, and that means that the carrier will fit fine. When the carrier is raised, it makes no difference what shape it is, as long as it holds the shell and does not interfere with the loading sequence.

#107234 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 May 2007 - 05:47 AM in Homemades

I just fabricated a boltsniper-esque ejector for my homemade. It's not even all that hard, just time consuming; it took me about 45 minutes.

I brainstormed many of the ideas listed here, and ultimately found bolt's to be the easiest. I used 3/16" aluminum rod instead of carbon because it was cheaper.

I strongly recommend you go with this type of ejector; it's not as hard as it looks. Trust me.

Good luck. Lord knows both of our homemades are going to need it.

Is the operation smooth? Also, can we get a picture? I wanted to look at this from as many different angles as possible so I get all of the positioning right when I go to build it.

#124822 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 October 2007 - 07:39 PM in Homemades

My mistake. I never took the thing apart, so I may have confused it with something else. Still, anything that avoids the use of gears is alright, as long as it is relatively simple to machine. I think I have a basic understanding of the way this system works, but I'll wait for the diagram rather than try (and most likely fail) to explain it.