thedom21's Content

There have been 270 items by thedom21 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#276994 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by thedom21 on 06 June 2010 - 05:05 PM in News

I am excited for this to come out. I will be getting one for sure! I think the front attachment looks cool.

#277196 Magstrike Problem

Posted by thedom21 on 08 June 2010 - 08:34 PM in General Nerf

OK i am so with my magstrike when i pump it and let go of the pump handle it pops out and so the tank can't fill so i can't fir the gun.. Can anyone help me? Getting video up right now.

#277200 Magstrike Problem

Posted by thedom21 on 08 June 2010 - 09:14 PM in General Nerf

OK i am so with my magstrike when i pump it and let go of the pump handle it pops out and so the tank can fill. Can anyone help me? Getting video up right now.

Your check valve is broken. Either make a new one or buy a new pump.

What is the check valve? This is the first time i have opened my magstrike because it wasn't working.

#277202 Magstrike Problem

Posted by thedom21 on 08 June 2010 - 09:20 PM in General Nerf

OK i am so with my magstrike when i pump it and let go of the pump handle it pops out and so the tank can fill. Can anyone help me? Getting video up right now.

What is the check valve? This is the first time i have opened my magstrike because it wasn't working.

Just buy a new pump then if you don't know what I am talking about.

Could i just use a ball pump to replace it? Nevermind guys I should have know it was the check valve. I blanked on what it was untill i looked one up the i was like "Duh!"

#277206 Magstrike Problem

Posted by thedom21 on 08 June 2010 - 09:46 PM in General Nerf

Just buy a new pump then if you don't know what I am talking about.

Could i just use a ball pump to replace it? Nevermind guys I should have know it was the check valve. I blanked on what it was untill i looked one up the i was like "Duh!"

That would be possible.

Ok thanks for the help.

#277518 Homemade Help

Posted by thedom21 on 12 June 2010 - 12:54 PM in Homemades

So I am making a semi-automatic homemade based off of the magstrike but i don't quite understand how the big white piece at the top of the picture works. Can anyone help me?
http://nerfhaven.com...trike internals

#277527 Homemade Help

Posted by thedom21 on 12 June 2010 - 02:24 PM in Homemades

Ok thanks , but do you know how i could make one?

#277529 Homemade Help

Posted by thedom21 on 12 June 2010 - 02:41 PM in Homemades

I understood it but I wanted to make sure i got it right. I am designing one in Paint right now.

#277537 Homemade Help

Posted by thedom21 on 12 June 2010 - 03:59 PM in Homemades

Got it but i was thinking of starting from scratch not using the piece from the magstrike.

#278288 Big Bad Sexy! A New Take On The Cpvc Barreled Bbb

Posted by thedom21 on 22 June 2010 - 04:11 PM in Modifications

This topic is over a year old. Read the code of conduct. There also was another person who posted on a year old topic and yet you did it again, unbelievable. Plus, you added nothing significant to this anyways.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules

#278485 Longshot Breech Questions

Posted by thedom21 on 24 June 2010 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

I know that the breech cut is 3 inches or 3 1/2 inches.

#278648 A New Longshot Foregrip Mod

Posted by thedom21 on 26 June 2010 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

I wanted a way to make a fore grip for my longshot that was easy to do, cheap, and looked somewhat aesthetically pleasing.
I think I have found a way to do this. It happened completely by accident. I was trying to figure out a new mod fore my longshot, something that has never been done before. So as I am looking at my longshot internals I picked up the boltsled and something dropped off my workbench and my brothers dog spooked and scratched the back of my leg. I dropped the bolt sled and went to go "tend my wounds" and when I came back and looked at my gun the bolt sled had landed flipped of its normal position. Then i said "I got it!" and this is what I came up with.

Tools:
Dremel
File
Drill

Supplies:
2 inch PVC
4 small bolts
4 nuts to go on the bolts

Step 1:
Remove the Bi-pod and cut your shell to look like this,
http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4850.jpg[/img]

Note: the hole on the bottom of the shell needs to be 1 1/4 " wide

Next cut the bolt sled shorter so it should look like this,You also have to shave the part where the priming handle goes through that area should be flat. Also those two little black wheels need two be taken out of the bolt sled
http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4859.jpg[/img]

Now set the bolt sled aside and lets start prepping the shell.

Before
http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4733.jpg[/img]

After
http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4735.jpg[/img]

Before
http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4735.jpg[/img]

After
http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4737.jpg[/img]

Note: You need to remove all 3 of the little "walls"

Next, put your bolt sled in like so. It should be able to slide back and forth pretty easily.
http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4746.jpg[/img]

http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4747.jpg[/img]

Next slide the bolt sled all the way back and take your 2" PVC and cut it to 4" long
http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4858.jpg[/img]

Drill two holes in the bolt sled like so,
http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4859.jpg[/img]

Next place the PVC like shown in the picture.

http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4868.jpg[/img]\

Those are my knees by the way however different they might look they are knees.

Mark the PVC with a sharpie like shown,

http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4863.jpg[/img]

Next drill out the two holes in the PVC you just marked

http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4864.jpg[/img]

Assemble the bolt sled and PVC like shown

http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4865.jpg[/img]

http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4866.jpg[/img]

Place in your gun and reassemble the gun. It should look something like so,

http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4870.jpg[/img]

And slide easily

http://s508.photobuc...nt=IMG_4871.jpg[/img]

Questions? Comments? Flames? I am not sure how to post pics directly on the post so if you know how please tell me how.

#278652 A New Longshot Foregrip Mod

Posted by thedom21 on 26 June 2010 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

I will change that later I am to tired to do it right now. Are the pictures working though?

#278655 A New Longshot Foregrip Mod

Posted by thedom21 on 26 June 2010 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

Yes it shoots 100' flat but at that point I didn't have any other internals in it. I brass breached it and improved its seal. ROF is very good actually.

#278662 A New Longshot Foregrip Mod

Posted by thedom21 on 26 June 2010 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

Why thank you. The internals were not in the gun because the epoxy for my brass breach was drying. It doesn't work now though because I snapped a piece in the plunger tube but am getting one from Modsquad As soon as he responds to my PM's!

Check out my trading thread here
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19742

#278830 A New Longshot Foregrip Mod

Posted by thedom21 on 28 June 2010 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

I really like this mod, I just have one question: doesn't the slide get in the way of the dart tooth?

I don't need the dart tooth because I did a Brass Breach.

#278841 A New Longshot Foregrip Mod

Posted by thedom21 on 28 June 2010 - 11:56 AM in Modifications

I will be doing contracts on longshots and BBB's or almost anything else. Just PM me if you want me to.

#279075 July Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by thedom21 on 30 June 2010 - 04:46 PM in Nerf Wars

There is a very good location called Cherokee park In St. Paul. I can get pics if its a possibility.

#279082 July Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by thedom21 on 30 June 2010 - 05:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Use florescent paint if you can. It seems to be easier to see in the grass.

What is the address of Cherokee park? I may drive over and take a look. I'm also looking into some parks just south of lake Harriet in Minneapolis.

The adress is 700 Cherokee Heights Blvd.
Saint Paul, MN 55107.

#279268 July Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by thedom21 on 02 July 2010 - 01:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Have you checked out the park yet?

#279381 July Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by thedom21 on 03 July 2010 - 06:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I am on vacation till the 10th but if its at Cherokee I might be able to make it.

#280077 Possible Mn War

Posted by thedom21 on 12 July 2010 - 06:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I am free but it would have to be close to my house because I don't have a car.

#280101 A Quick Question

Posted by thedom21 on 12 July 2010 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

OK so I modded my BBB nothing special, reinforcements, front sight taken off, couplered and all that jazz. I have foam that slides into cpvc nicely and may, on ocassion need to be twisted in. Now I have read of people getting 90ft. flat with a dead-space and barrel replacements. I am using a 4.5" scrap of cpvc yet I am only getting 60-65 feet flat. My question is what length of barrel are you guys for your BBB's?

#280104 A Quick Question

Posted by thedom21 on 12 July 2010 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

I did read that but I wanted to get more than one persons opinion with what they used and had success with. I would appreciate a quick response because I need this for the next war I am going to in 5 days.

#280109 A Quick Question

Posted by thedom21 on 12 July 2010 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

I don't think that is the problem because I have had my plungerhead stop when I put my hand over the front of the barrel. I will get pictures up tomarrow I am to tired to do that right now.

#280137 A Quick Question

Posted by thedom21 on 13 July 2010 - 09:19 AM in Modifications

I don't think that is the problem because I have had my plungerhead stop when I put my hand over the front of the barrel. I will get pictures up tomarrow I am to tired to do that right now.

Do you mean stop like no movement at all or a slow release of air? Did you replace or add a spring, because if the spring was weak enough that you could hold back the air by plugging your finger down the barrel, the ranges you were getting were realistic unless you have stumbled across the perfect seal (which I doubt) My recommendation would be to put a larger spring or add one to the bbb spring to get a little more *umphf* out of the gun.

Like I have had it stop stop and then when I release my hand I can hear it slam forward. I am going to add another spring as soon as I can find one I am just looking for the right one to add. Also I do mot think it is a spring problem because I put it in my longshot and got 90 flat.

Did you do a plunger head replacement? The unfortunate thing with BBB's is that they can have an amazing stock seal, or a bad one.
However, the seal may not be the problem. My BBB (red) had an amazing stock seal; it vacuum loaded half of the time. I did the same as you; filled in dead space with hot glue, CPVC coupler, and an 8 inch barrel. However, I only got around 60 fee as well. The problem for me was my darts. Not sure what it was, I was using 3/0 fishing weighted darts, and my foam was a bit loose, but not that much. Anyway, try some different fits of foam, different weights, etc. Barrel length doesn't usually affect range more than 15 feet or so, at least I've found.

I must have gotten am amazing stock seal because all I did to the plunger head was to fill the little ring it with hot glue. I will get pictures up I a little bit. Also I don't think my darts are the problem because I modded a friends BBB exactly the same as mine but with a PJ and a 4.5 inch barrel and he was getting 80-85 flat. Could it be that he is alot taller than me like 1 2/2 feet taller?

#280608 Help!

Posted by thedom21 on 18 July 2010 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

So I tried to do General Cole's no shells doubleshot mod but when I load the darts and shoot nothing comes out of the barrel then when I prime it and shoot again they go about 7 feet. What is wrong and how do I fix it?

#280611 Help!

Posted by thedom21 on 18 July 2010 - 05:56 PM in Modifications

Well I tried pulling the pvc/cpvc insert thingy out more and gluing it in but it still did the same thing. How do I improve the seal and what is a good barrel length?

#280613 Help!

Posted by thedom21 on 18 July 2010 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

Well I tried pulling the pvc/cpvc insert thingy out more and gluing it in but it still did the same thing. How do I improve the seal and what is a good barrel length?

Probably 4 or 5 inches should be fine for the DS. To improve the seal I would slowly close the break action part, and try to see if the foam plates (not sure what to call them), touch the CPVC. Try replacing it with a rubber washer, or something like that.

My barrels are 3 inches long so I will try fixing the seal.

#280628 Help!

Posted by thedom21 on 18 July 2010 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

Did you even read the responses on that thread? Keef and others tried to do this mod. None of theirs worked. Cole had a certain Double Shot that worked perfectly for the mod. I think you may have just screwed your double shot.

But Cole said he had done it to 3 doubleshots not just one.

#280633 Help!

Posted by thedom21 on 18 July 2010 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

I think I am going to just screw this and try and make my own variation of Phree Agent's mod. Also I am so stupid I only read like 2 pages and heard it was a good mod but didn't read the whole post. Does anyone know of any tanks that are like the Deluge? If anyone has the springs that eject the shells out please pm me so I could fix my Ds because I removed the orange pieces without cutting or damaging them in any way.

#281600 A Barrel Material Question

Posted by thedom21 on 29 July 2010 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

So I am wondering what barrel materiel are people using for air guns? My darts fit into cpvc nicely ( but occasionally I have to twist a dart in). So What should I use for a barrel material for an air gun? Also For a springer would PETG work?

#281604 A Barrel Material Question

Posted by thedom21 on 29 July 2010 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

So I am wondering what barrel materiel are people using for air guns? My darts fit into cpvc nicely ( but occasionally I have to twist a dart in). So What should I use for a barrel material for an air gun? Also For a springer would PETG work?

For air guns you would use any barrel material that you could slide your darts in nicely. (It would be rather loose). Thickwall PETG works well for many people. And I would recommend using your CPVC for springers. PETG would be a little bit loose for a springer.

Would sch. 40 pvc be too loose for an air gun?

#281609 A Barrel Material Question

Posted by thedom21 on 29 July 2010 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

OK I don't want to start a whole new thread for this so, does anyone know where I can find out how to make a good shell ejection system? And yes I searched.

#282443 Slug Dart Measurement Specifications

Posted by thedom21 on 07 August 2010 - 10:18 PM in Darts and Barrels

I am new to making my own darts and I am struggling with measurement specifics. My father is a craftsman and I have access to a mighty and powerful shop however I need some more detailed specifics to start making my own slug darts. Below you can find my questions, and it would be awesome if you could answer any that you understand.

1. I have googled extensively but I do not know what #8 sized washers' dimensions are, so what are the exact measurements for number 8 washers?

2. As far as the felt tips goes, what dimensions should I have in that department? (and if you know, where could I find these?)

3. Foam Backer Rod, this plastic devil has been incredibly difficult to find not on the internet and I also have no idea as to the dimensions for that. Please fill me in.

4. Just a kind of shot in the dark question, has anyone ever tried using epoxy instead of hot glue?

Alright thank you to anyone who answers!

-Kansamaniac.

1. The OD is about 7/16" and the ID is about 3/16"
2. I use 3/8" felt tips that are found at Home Depot, Menards, or Lowes. Just ask an employee where the felt tips are. I use 3/8" because I haven't found a half inch felt tip and 3/8" works fine.
3. Usually when you buy it you buy the 1/2" stuff. It should say 1/2" right on the package. This can also be found at Home Depot, Menards, or Lowes. It is usually buy the caulking supplies of weatherstripping.
4. People generally tend to use hot glue over epoxy because it is so cheap. But if you are a millionaire feel free to use epoxy. :)

#283121 Hornet Wrist Mounted Blaster

Posted by thedom21 on 14 August 2010 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

That is fucking awesome.

Just a few Questions:

1:Is it comfy to wear?
2:Is it small enough that I could have it on my wrist and hold another gun in that hand?

Other than that it looks awesome and I might have to make one! :)

#284264 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by thedom21 on 29 August 2010 - 09:57 AM in Darts and Barrels

Has anyone tried these McMaster felt tips for slug darts and if so are they good cause they are sure cheap. The part number for it is 8771K22 and it is only $5.87 for a pack of 500. It these aren't good where can I buy felt tips in bulk?

#285072 Sm1k Tank Repair/improvements?

Posted by thedom21 on 08 September 2010 - 07:01 AM in Modifications

I got a broken Sm1k recently and I am determined to fix it to the point of at least singled. I have already opened it, and cut off the trigger. The cam and stuff are long gone, and the spring was already mangled before I removed it, most likely I will end up Bic Pen modding it. Now, for the issues:

1: The weak plastic and poor design puts a lot of stress on two points and it snapped. I could just super glue them together, which is basically what was tried on a Sm500 of mine that broke the same way, but from experience it will not last more than 30 or so shots before snapping again. What do you guys recommend as far as a means of repairing this piece? I'm thinking super glue then globbing in some epoxy putty.

2: The back O-Ring housing is another weak point, it takes very little movement to make the tank leak from the back. I am wondering if there is any hope of making it more durable, as the parts that make everything line up perfect are gone. I was thinking of lubing up the pin and then globbing some goop on top of the O-Ring, not sure if this would help harm or do nothing

I think that's it, any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading!

1. I think I would do the superglue or JB Weld with epoxy putty over it.
2. Yes that would work it worked om both of my 2k tanks so it shouldn't be any different.

#286170 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by thedom21 on 27 September 2010 - 08:36 PM in Darts and Barrels

Okay so I got my stampede and it was what I expected out of the box. Then I decided to do an air restrictor removal and it was horrendously inaccurate. So I tried all of the other things to make streamlines more accurate but none of them worked. So I tried something a little different. I cut it off just below where the hole is like some people do and then I trimmed it so that those little flaps or whatever you want to call them were even with the outer rim. then I filled the space with hot glue but instead of leaving it a dome I wiped it on a piece of paper so the glue filled the center area and was flat not rounded. To my surprise it worked and improved the accuracy with the darts in my stampede and also in my modded crossfires and other guns.

#287013 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by thedom21 on 16 October 2010 - 11:19 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a maybe. I need darts and to finish my snap.