Colbs's Content

There have been 38 items by Colbs (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#228790 Cheap Hornet

Posted by Colbs on 07 May 2009 - 02:16 PM in General Nerf

But don't you think it's ridiculous that they charge $20+ for a gun that costs, at most, $5 to manifacture?

#275808 Cs-18 Clip - Hands On

Posted by Colbs on 24 May 2010 - 02:24 PM in General Nerf

Wait, I though hasbro was releasing an 18 dart drum only! :D I actually hate the way the 18 clip looks.

#260796 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by Colbs on 05 January 2010 - 05:47 PM in General Nerf

Holy Shit! Anyone else drooling over the shotgun fore-grip? :)
Even if it does suck, I WILL be buying this blaster.
So Goddamn sexy.... I don't quite get the whole "conversion" thing.
Can it still fire in "flashlight mode"?

#266680 Doubleshot: Sexy + Easy Mods

Posted by Colbs on 23 February 2010 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

If you're still looking for painting suggestions... Might I suggest putting some "hot rod" style flames going down the barrel. It would be fairly difficult but would be sooo kick ass.

#237239 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Colbs on 18 June 2009 - 07:50 PM in General Nerf

The Podcasts are excellent, except fucking Quicktime wont let me save a file unless I "upgrade to quicktime pro" . :angry: this is BS

#282674 Halo: Reach Pistol Nf

Posted by Colbs on 10 August 2010 - 07:07 AM in Homemades

If the price was right, I'd be intirested. How would it work, just screw the NF internals into the shell, or would some serious work be required?

#263199 I Wanna Mix It Up A Bit.

Posted by Colbs on 25 January 2010 - 09:12 PM in General Nerf

Make the Buzz Bee Tek 6 or 10 "war worthy"! :lol:

#281904 Is The Nerf Tactical Vest Worth The $30?

Posted by Colbs on 02 August 2010 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

I think that for it's purpose, the bandolier does a better job. So I for one won't be getting one!

#292300 Longshot Mod Help

Posted by Colbs on 05 January 2011 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

Niteshot, let's be optimistic here. ;)

Nerf guy, we've got lot's of places to post LS help. Watch those threads and throw in your advice when people need it.

Mods, be merciful :)

#233343 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by Colbs on 29 May 2009 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm very new to the NIC, but I am really happy to see some Maine nerfers! I am just starting to get into modding, so mabey next time I can join you in a war.

#233579 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Colbs on 31 May 2009 - 11:15 AM in Modifications

My first paint job!!! I am proud of my minimized, recolored, modded Crossfire.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sorry if they are a little blurry.

It works great as a recon foregrip.

#258016 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Colbs on 04 December 2009 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Red Tiger DTB :D

Posted Image
Minimized and rebarreled crossfire

Posted Image
rebarreled switch-shot module, plus firing button :P

PS. How can you keep the DTB's cocking mech. from chipping away paint when you pull it back? :wacko:

#257038 My Nerf Website

Posted by Colbs on 22 November 2009 - 05:28 PM in Modifications

Hey, just letting you know, your pictures aren't working.

#277396 Nerf 18 Dart Clip Video Review

Posted by Colbs on 10 June 2010 - 09:02 PM in General Nerf

I feel like the raider is the only blaster that the clip doesn't look retarded in...
I like the look of the 18 drum a lot better

#277478 Nerf 18 Dart Clip Video Review

Posted by Colbs on 11 June 2010 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

I feel like the raider is the only blaster that the clip doesn't look retarded in...
I like the look of the 18 drum a lot better

In the raider it almost feels like a shield, because it's coming across your body. In the other guns the clip feels fine, it just feels like a normal clip. The 18 drum seems less practical because it is bulkier and the clip is much easier to fit into a holster of carry around.

I feel like it's way too long to be practical, I don't know, just my taste I guess. Does it feel stable, because it looks like if you dropped it in the wrong way it would just snap.

#290048 Nerf Barricade - Clip Conversion - Mod Guide!

Posted by Colbs on 04 December 2010 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

I haven't been around the forums for a while, but I'm so happy I checked back in. This is easily one of the coolest mods I've seen on NH. Great Job!

#284768 Nerf Claymore-like Mine

Posted by Colbs on 04 September 2010 - 05:47 PM in Homemades

So I was thinking of a safe, but effective way to trip to mine.

If you used magnets; One on the inside of the claymore and one attached to the end of your trip wire.

Reason being, magnets can be pulled apart easily enough to not cause people to actually trip over the wire. And they can be pulled apart in any direction.

The inside magnet could trip the mouse traps when the outer one trips causing them both to fall.

Just a suggestion though

#262817 Nerf Longshot Scope

Posted by Colbs on 23 January 2010 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

I don't think that Cheyner was being mean, but I too would like to see pictures.

#262779 Nerf Longshot Scope

Posted by Colbs on 23 January 2010 - 12:26 AM in General Nerf

One question, how did these "roaches" get inside the sealed scope?

#290892 Nerf Style Grenade Launcher?

Posted by Colbs on 14 December 2010 - 05:41 PM in General Nerf

I think I might love Talio :P

#243436 Nerf Wars On Wikipedia

Posted by Colbs on 23 July 2009 - 09:50 PM in General Nerf

Someone should edit the part that says

Firefly REV-8: Bullpup revolver.

That is bugging the shit out of me!

#263465 New England Mod Party.

Posted by Colbs on 27 January 2010 - 09:53 PM in Nerf Wars

SbS, where in Maine are you located?

#273042 New Info On Nerf Big Blast

Posted by Colbs on 22 April 2010 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

Oh jeez, from what it sounds to me, it's going to be an electronically fed clip system blaster and is going to totally suck ass. All speculation aside, thanks for the info

#233851 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Colbs on 01 June 2009 - 08:30 PM in General Nerf

Another stremline only gun?
Ah shucks

Streamline only guns aren't that bad (except for the Recon).

I don't think the recon is that bad. Hopefully the preformance of the raider will match the longshot

#228786 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Colbs on 07 May 2009 - 02:12 PM in General Nerf

Does anybody else feel that this would be very uncomfortable on an LS or a Recon? Wouldn't the drum be right where your forearm would naturaly be? <_<

#233284 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Colbs on 29 May 2009 - 05:38 PM in General Nerf

were can you get it

:huh: *facepalm* If you have read any of the thread or even the title then you would know that this is a speculation for a gun that has not been released yet.

#233992 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Colbs on 02 June 2009 - 05:20 PM in General Nerf

I don't think the recon is that bad. Hopefully the preformance of the raider will match the longshot

Let me say it this way:

The Recon barely reaches the end of my lawn.

My Pistol shoots across the street.

Now that I said it that way, doesn't it just make the recon seem bad?

As neither of us has ever seen your lawn nor your street, your point is lost on the audience completely. In my opinion, the recon serves its purpose well in close quarters. At medium to long range, give me a longshot, or just about anything else, any day.

Thanks Oni Kadaki. I was thinking the same thing. The Stock recon and Longshot get almost equal distances and the recon is alot smaller. It seems like the raider is going get the same ranges. If so it will be intiresting.

PS. Spartan I don't know what your "lawn" is like or what your "pistol" is

#274699 New Titan Shell

Posted by Colbs on 13 May 2010 - 05:21 PM in General Nerf

Hey, Kayaker, here at NH idea threads like this are extremely erotic. You should always have a semi finished product before posting anything about it.

PS: It's a great idea and I think you should get what you need and go for it! :lol:

#273130 Ny Nerf War

Posted by Colbs on 23 April 2010 - 10:36 PM in Nerf Wars

You never gave a time! <_<

#273184 Ny Nerf War

Posted by Colbs on 24 April 2010 - 04:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Wait, did you seriously mean the next day? :D :D :D That's what I meant by time. Anyway... yeah, nerf wars are planned weeks and even months ahead .

#253412 Question Awnsered

Posted by Colbs on 12 October 2009 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

pfffff.... (sarcasm) Who uses the search function (/sarcasm)

#262889 Reverse Plungers

Posted by Colbs on 24 January 2010 - 01:46 AM in General Nerf

Nerf isn't listening to us. Really, what little kid would choose a single barreled blaster with 50 feet of effective range or a 6 barreled blaster that has 15 feet of range? Most kids just like the look of an extra barrel or magazine instead of actual effectiveness. If you ever nerfed when you were 4, honestly you didn't care about accuracy as much as how fucking cool it looked when it was on the box.

But is one barrel that can shoot 60-70 ft actually more effective than a 6 barreled blaster that shoots 25-30 ft.? I'm not 4 years old, but I do have a tendancy to choose blasters that are fucking cool. It's what the hobby is about. Honestly I agree with the whole "e-penis" thing. Who cares if you blaster can shoot 30 feet further. I can run up and blast you with six darts in the face.* Or spray you down with ten darts from 20 feet. It's not about inverted plunger or not, It should be about how much fun it really is.

* I do not advocate "head shots"

#281109 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by Colbs on 24 July 2010 - 01:21 AM in General Nerf

Hey, I have a question that you may be able to answer. How is the clip released if the bolt stops closed? Does this blaster not a have the clip locks that say, a recon has?

#230619 Starting Out, Running Into Hurdles

Posted by Colbs on 16 May 2009 - 05:18 PM in Off Topic

Hi, I'm fairly new to Nerf and NIC I have been tying to get into modding and such, but I have been having some troubles. My little brother and I share our Nerf guns and when I took apart my first gun he freaked out, He told my dad who just sorta gave me that look. -_- I feel like I have no support. I did break a Maverick, but, It's a maverick :lol: Anyone, have feed back or run into this kind of troubles at the beggining of their modding experience

#291538 The Compleat Stampede Mod

Posted by Colbs on 26 December 2010 - 05:19 AM in Modifications

I never would have thought to use a patch cord as an electrical cable! Great mod. :P

#256387 Titan Mod Question

Posted by Colbs on 15 November 2009 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

Next time, can you leave the original question. That way, others can find the answer and don't have to open new threads. Thanks! :)

#290051 Underground

Posted by Colbs on 04 December 2010 - 04:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I agree Utahnerf, 50+ year old tunnels don't seem that safe. I'd do a thourough check over to make sure it's not dangerous. You have to think how people are going to be traverseing it in a war.

#292778 What Should I Name My Band?

Posted by Colbs on 14 January 2011 - 12:17 AM in Off Topic

Bean Supper
You'll get a lot of people coming to shows.
"Bean Supper at the rec-center. Doors open at 6:00"