mini's Content

There have been 37 items by mini (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#136588 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mini on 20 January 2008 - 12:51 AM in Modifications

I got one question for you Mini what is on top of your darts?
Also nice job.

Oh, that would be an earplug cut in half. My friends didn't like the idea of glue tips so i came up with there little babies. There very durable and much less painful.:)

#136591 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mini on 20 January 2008 - 01:01 AM in Modifications

I got one question for you Mini what is on top of your darts?
Also nice job.

Oh, that would be an earplug cut in half. My friends didn't like the idea of glue tips so i came up with there little babies. There very durable and much less painful.:)

Thats cool. How are they compared to glue tipped?

i really haven't gotten much chance to test em out yet since there like a foot and a bit of snow outside. But i'm guessing slightly lower range and about the same accuracy.

#136585 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mini on 20 January 2008 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

Well after a few months of procrastination I finally finished it. Heres my big blast with integrated spidy dtg.
Posted Image

Questions comment, flames?

#159387 The Vulcan

Posted by mini on 16 June 2008 - 06:11 PM in General Nerf

Has anyone watched the video? If so what's the title, I looked on their youtube channel and I can't seem to find it.

LINK!

Its pretty Effeminate i must say.

#101577 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by mini on 31 March 2007 - 01:45 AM in Modifications

sorry for replying to and old post. But has anyone tried or considered replacing the bladder with 5/8 id rubber tuber the McMaster sells? part #8637K171 its a couple inches longer then the stock one and looks like it would be easy to swap out.

#127143 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by mini on 24 October 2007 - 02:16 PM in Modifications

Thats better than Kbarkers in my opinion, becasue who the hell needs 7 shots? If you need more than 3 shots a target, thats not so good... I like how you hooked the pump from the Big Blast. How many pumps to fill both???

And also, whats going to be the trigger?

It shouldn't be more then 10 pumps to fill them both but ill test it out tonight when the plumbers goop drys. The trigger will be a key ring tied to those strings you can kinda see in the picture.

#127113 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by mini on 24 October 2007 - 03:03 AM in Modifications

Ok guys do i finally finished my spidey integration (almost). It is very similar to k barkers but has some very important differences. The main one of course being that it uses the pump from the bbbb. Also i decided to only use one set (2 kinda seemed like a waste). I made a very strange coupler out of 5/8 brass so i dont have to ram rod darts down. Any who its just drying now so ill post some pictures. It should be up and running by this time tomorrow. Id like to thanks kbarker for all the help on this project and also captain slug for the mcmaster hookup.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry the pictures aren't the best. ;) Questions, comments, flames?

#127281 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by mini on 25 October 2007 - 12:57 AM in Modifications

I think i know what your saying. i kinda tried that but found it was really uncomfortable to fire. So status update i had a few leaks but i think i found them all and patched them up, in other words another day till completion :)

#124639 Doomsayer

Posted by mini on 01 October 2007 - 02:18 AM in Modifications

That, sir is simply amazing. Love in the skull, makes it look even more bad ass. Anyway the only that worries me, well decides being on the receiving end, is having all those exposed barrel out there. I think id probably put a coffee can over them or something, maybe I'm just being paranoid though. As always amazing job, well worth the wait and i feel sorry for the poor bastards at hell without one.

#121779 Sneak Peak

Posted by mini on 31 August 2007 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

I was just looking at that gun a few days ago actually. I'm pumped to see what kind of monstrosity you turn it into. It will be a force to be reckoned with I'm sure.amazon link

#121813 Sneak Peak

Posted by mini on 31 August 2007 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Yeah, it auto-rotates with each pump.
Does anyone have a link for these babies? I haven't been able to find one.

amazon has them there was also some other place that had them.You can find a couple a forums about this gun with the search button.

#104723 Longshot Mag Combination

Posted by mini on 09 May 2007 - 08:08 PM in Modifications

AMEN. If it is slightly off, it push bar will jam at the connenction.

Theres a very simple way to fix the badly cut clip. It involves attaching 4 strips of brass, 2 on each side. The strips force the clips to line up perfectly. Ill post pictures tomorrow if needed.

#99668 Nitefinder Rifle

Posted by mini on 12 February 2007 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

Amazing simply amazing! probably one of the coolest nightfinder mods iv ever seen. I love the fact that it has recoil thats just funny to see in a Nerf gun.

#98611 Combination Ball/micro Co2 Gun

Posted by mini on 21 January 2007 - 10:55 PM in Homemades

This is actually really freaky i was just about to post a topic asking if anyone has tried bike inflater's for moding yet. Anyway i have a few questions for you if thats alright. How many shots do you get per tank? Where did u find the inflater. I'm asking this because i plan on making a co2 powered nerf shot gun. Any who great job im still kinda scared this coincidence.

#98617 Combination Ball/micro Co2 Gun

Posted by mini on 21 January 2007 - 11:35 PM in Homemades

Not anywhere near fast enough. It is designed to release the air fast enough to inflate a bicycle or other rubber tire. If it went too fast, the cylinder and its contents would freeze up and make it pretty useless. I tried to fire the balls without the burst seal design and they flew about the same as a regular Nerf ball gun. Last year I tried propelling a dart using the air cans that are used for claening out electronics (Pen Air). You need that sudden burst of force to launch any projectile a good distance. That is why Nerf guns work the way they do. The spring guns, for the most part, launch the plunger forward hard enough to launch the dart and the air tank equipped ones propel the darts using bursts of air, not streams. The inflator doesn't produce the air burst with any amount of force to launch a dart far. The burst seal is the best way to go.

Look at how a blow gun works. You don't steadily blow through the gun, you give it one hard puff of air. Since the inflators can't do this, the burst seal produces the effect.

Hope this helps.

Maybe i should just scrap the co2 idea and go for a strait pump design. MY plan is to use a clip design similar to this http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=2933.0 One pump= one dart in barrel. So the more pumps the ore darts in barrel at same time as well as more power. I guess i can probably do this without co2 just with a very good bike pump and part of an attack 3k.

#98614 Combination Ball/micro Co2 Gun

Posted by mini on 21 January 2007 - 11:11 PM in Homemades

This is actually really freaky i was just about to post a topic asking if anyone has tried bike inflater's for moding yet. Anyway i have a few questions for you if thats alright. How many shots do you get per tank? Where did u find the inflater. I'm asking this because i plan on making a co2 powered nerf shot gun. Any who great job im still kinda scared this coincidence.

I'm actually not the first to use these types of inflators. The first person, I believe, was davidbowie back in June of last year. His design was the inspiration for mine. Here is the link to his thread.

Co2 Burst Disk Gun

Anyways, I haven't calculated the number of shots I get per tank. Bowie's design gets 10 shots per tank. I won't be able to test mine until I buy some more cartridges. I have one left and that is for proof of concept testing and distance checks.

As for where I found the inflator, go to a bike shop and they have them there. The inflators run anywhere from $20-$25 each and the charges go for about $2-$3 per 12 gram cartridge. They make them larger, but I haven't found an inflator yet that can take either the 16 gram or 25 gram sizes.

Good luck with your shotgun.

About how quickly does it release the co2 when u pull the trigger i was hoping i could use it directly without the bursting of bag.

#98619 Combination Ball/micro Co2 Gun

Posted by mini on 21 January 2007 - 11:51 PM in Homemades

I hope it works out for you then. I like his design, but I am into simplicity with my designwork. Maybe once I get my distance measurements, you can see which will work better for you. This gun is not meant for fast reload, rather for one quick and fast shot. It was originally meant just to be a ball gun to strap under my LS as a grenade launcher of sorts, but then I realized I could also use it as a dart gun. As time goes on, I'll improve on the design. Right now my biggest problem is rapidly reloading the burst seals, but I'm not worried about it. As a ball launcher, it works perfectly. I just fired it down in my basement again to see how much kick it had behind it. It hit one of the support beams in the ceiling and the sheer force of it hitting the beam broke away some loose paint and debris. No ball gun made by any manufacturer can make that boast. I'm a little scared of how far this will shoot.

instead of a burst seal u could install a ball valve and just open that up once its built up enough pressure.

#123960 The Power Of Stock.

Posted by mini on 23 September 2007 - 08:09 PM in General Nerf

That is sick and wrong! Modding them all for Hell i assume?

#108089 Minimized Nightfinder Question

Posted by mini on 28 May 2007 - 11:53 PM in Modifications

Id say the easiest/cheapest way to do this would be use plastic form a 2L bottle of pop. You can then use a hot glue gun to melt spots of the plastic to the shell of the night finder. This method works ridiculing well and its stupidly simple.

#98521 Magstrike Mod Questions

Posted by mini on 20 January 2007 - 03:31 AM in Modifications

Based on my experience the blatter is more likely to shoot off the front clamp than burst. But thats just what happened too me.

#101689 Vinyl Dye

Posted by mini on 01 April 2007 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

That is actually amazing it puts all the spray paint jobs to shame. If only i was allowed to paint my guns black ;)

#87755 Dart Style Preference

Posted by mini on 18 August 2006 - 01:25 AM in General Nerf

what about choice 4 ear plugs!!! so far they preform much beter thall all of the above in my tests.

#88082 Nf Video! Clip Action!

Posted by mini on 22 August 2006 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

That looks awsome good job man! what kinda of ranges does it get though?

#116238 My Magstrike 20 Round Clip + Video

Posted by mini on 17 July 2007 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

Excellent job man! i really with i had the tools and the skills to do that. Was the clip very hard to make?

#120666 Brass Pop-safety Valves

Posted by mini on 21 August 2007 - 06:49 PM in Homemades

Ok so iv been thinking about the magstrike/ all of nerfs autos and trying to think how i could replicate it in some sort of home made. I was searching though the vast catalogue of mc master and i stumbled apon Brass Pop-Safety Valves, as near as i can figure they are roughly what its used in the magstrike. Any who im just wondering if anyone has discovered them or used them in any homemades. I have some rough plans for for some sort of semi auto but i really haven't put any effort into it havening just got back from vacation. Oh right and the one i was thinking of ordering is part # 4772K68

#120697 Brass Pop-safety Valves

Posted by mini on 21 August 2007 - 10:13 PM in Homemades

A pop safety valve doesn't actuate anything by pressure except for the exhaust valve.

yes im aware of that, i was planning to build the rest of the magstikes setup using telescoping brass some spings and a few strips of brass. im not to sure if this setup will work but im thinking i might order one just on spec. what would you suggest the pressure should be set to?

A pop safety valve doesn't actuate anything by pressure except for the exhaust valve.

yes im aware of that, i was planning to build the rest of the magstikes setup using telescoping brass some spings and a few strips of brass. So basically i was going to build the air cylinder part out of brass. im not to sure if this setup will work but im thinking i might order one just on spec. what would you suggest the pressure should be set to?

#120701 Brass Pop-safety Valves

Posted by mini on 21 August 2007 - 10:24 PM in Homemades

What are you hoping to gain from all this? Why not heavily mod a magstrike to meet your demands?

What do i hope to get out of all of this? In the end i hope to have a semi auto homemade/ semi auto longshot. i plan to you the to have the (air piston) control the angle breach in the end. This goal is very far away considering i have almost none of the pasts and a very rough plan.

#104937 Longshot Question

Posted by mini on 10 May 2007 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

If you don't have a tablesaw, bandsaw, or box mitre saw then you shouldn't attempt to combine magazines.

Actually its pretty easy to make the clip with a dremel. You gust need to use some external supports to connect them together instead of connecting them directly.

#115335 Magstrike Leak

Posted by mini on 10 July 2007 - 07:10 PM in General Nerf

If you haven't modified it in anyway why not simply take it back, and exchange it for a new one?

On a side note Jtcm im having the same problem with mine. I plan on drilling the hole slightly larger and replacing the tubing.

#87731 Dart Problem

Posted by mini on 17 August 2006 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

ok heres the the thing i moded a brass eagle pb gun with yakmans first mod but i used coper instead of cpbc i also incororated into it cartoons scilencer. any way the ammo im useing works eatreamly well 200 feet plus flat. but the problem with it is it very dangerous. the ammou im useing is foam ear plugs with a slingshot ammo inserted in and covered with glue. any thoughs on how i can make less painfull ammo but keep the same preformence???

#87738 Dart Problem

Posted by mini on 17 August 2006 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

Really that tough on spelling wow. Sling shot ammo is no diffrent then bb's or fishing weights, just a little bit biger.

#87754 Dart Problem

Posted by mini on 18 August 2006 - 01:10 AM in Modifications

Oh right the post about me shooting my self? Well that's not really fair because it was poinlt blank. What i need is some brave soul that will let me shoot them from 100 feet away to see how bad it really is, at the ranges i would be useing it for. Anyway thanks for all the help i may try ataching foam to the tip.

#87952 Dart Problem

Posted by mini on 21 August 2006 - 12:13 AM in Modifications

Im sure i can get 1 of my manly men friends to let me test it out on them. But untell then im gonna mod my nf to shoot earplug ammo

#138516 Calgary Nerf Game?

Posted by mini on 04 February 2008 - 01:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Naw we have a Huge assassins game every year. It's starts in may I believe. Find it here

#127645 Calgary Nerf War Anyone?

Posted by mini on 27 October 2007 - 04:28 AM in Nerf Wars

[quote name='sonicboom' date='Oct 26 2007, 02:14 PM' post='127555']
im busy for this month but later this year and this will be my first nerf war so it would be cool to host a war and i have to get some snow camo and repaint my guns so..... definitly archive it but maby some one else could host it. someone expierienced mabey.

t=
I'm down for that. I can bring some friends. Where you in dart wars this year?
[/quote]
[/quote]

iv never hosted at war or been to one for that matter. But Calgary has a long tradition of assassin so there is a large nerfing community out there we just need to rally them all together. I was half ass working on getting a small winter game started with some friends but i got kinda lazy and just left it. Id would be more than happy to help with getting one together, co organize it or what ever.

#127461 Calgary Nerf War Anyone?

Posted by mini on 25 October 2007 - 10:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm down for that. I can bring some friends. Where you in dart wars this year?

#128010 Calgary Nerf War Anyone?

Posted by mini on 29 October 2007 - 11:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I can probably bring at least 3 friends maybe more. Ill try to get a hold of the creator of dart wars and see if he want to come. Hum i would probably bring my longshot, magstrike, big blast, some night finders and maybe some stuff for my friends.