ilzot's Content

There have been 280 items by ilzot (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#297669 Octo-Shot

Posted by ilzot on 28 April 2011 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

Honestly, I think this goes down as one of the best overall modifications on the Haven.

I myself have basically quit Nerf, and therefore have no intention of performing this mod. However, I was able to sit through that whole 20 minute modification video with complete interest. The modification is done so smoothly and the video is absolutely perfect. It has the perfect mix of clearness and stupid humor.

The obvious question is, ranges?

Mod: 9/10
Video: 10/10

Great job, especially for an unvalidated member.

And I also loved the overdone reinforcements. I guarentee that gun will last years with everything you put into it.

#295904 Longstrike Marker Barrel Replacement

Posted by ilzot on 12 March 2011 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure if you ripped out the fucking internals of this thing but left the breech, put in a BBBB tank, and angled your shots with wind carrying the dart plus dart skip this thing wouldn't break 60 feet.

Crayolas really don't have the correct dart fit for any gun. All you did is e-tape and hot glue this thing on and i can almost guarentee it's not airtight.

I guess it's a decent concept but learn how to measure ranges first.

#291207 Concept: Firing From An Open Bolt.

Posted by ilzot on 20 December 2010 - 12:46 AM in Homemades

This is one of those high work - low reward projects. It is well thought out, but it's somewhat useless, no offense.

You probably save 3 or 4 tenths of a second with this complicated thing. Pushing a priming rod forward is a simple task that requires no muscle or effort.

#290605 Maverick Cocking Pin Fix Help.

Posted by ilzot on 10 December 2010 - 10:58 PM in Modifications

The cocking pin is basically the downfall of this blaster. The only way to keep this thing from breaking is by using a bolt. I saw it in some mod awhile back.

I've broken easily 3 Maverick slides just from penny mods. The gun itself is just terrible. You'd be better off with a Nitefinder.

#290221 Big Blast With Intergrated Airtech 2000

Posted by ilzot on 06 December 2010 - 12:58 AM in Modifications

Holy fucking tits, that is clean as hell.

I would literally shit my pants if I got shot by the AT2k, I'd be so surprised.

It doesn't even look like it's there. Awesome, awesome job. 10/10.

#289709 Screwdriver To Open Longshot

Posted by ilzot on 01 December 2010 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

Try out a local dollar store. There's this green box of plastic screwdrivers;

http://www.farm-home...550-0166~~~~~~~

that can be commonly found.

I use the max size for my Longshot in conjunction with pliars to get the screw started, because the grip isnt too good.

Just check out hardware stores for one that looks like it'll fit perfectly, take it home, and give it a try. Never hurts to have too many screwdrivers.

#289708 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by ilzot on 01 December 2010 - 11:35 PM in Modifications

You've got 5 posts and probably should be doing something constructive instead of being a dick.

Post count is not something you can use against people, it means pretty close to nothing.

I understand that. I'm using it as a comparison to the amount of time he's been here. I guess a better figure would be his join date, which is ~4 months ago with 5 posts. 1 post a month = still a noob and inactive. All I'm saying is that people that're relatively new shouldn't make a name for themselves through sarcasm, but post new mods and lurk a little. Shit like this from new kids is what makes this hobby go down the crapper.

#289557 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by ilzot on 30 November 2010 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

I was thinking more of an urban camo pattern, to blend into the environment you play in. Oh, and a cheap 4x scope would go a long way. You could probably re-shape the tactical rail to hold weaver-style rings.

I can't tell if you're being serious or joking. If you're serious, then just shut the fuck up. That's not Nerf and you're acting like a fag. If you're joking, then.. still, shut the fuck up. You've got 5 posts and probably should be doing something constructive instead of being a dick.

As for the gun, ranges are confusing and a little farfetched. For future reference, lay out a tape measure or use a string or something and aim the gun flat and take 5-10 shots and post. It's much easier. The gun it self is, again, a little too tacticool, but its not bad for a first gun.

#289390 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by ilzot on 29 November 2010 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

Sorry bro but I'm gonna have to call you out on a few things.

To start off with, you're really on the verge of entering milsim and overdoing category of Nerf. This really isn't appreciated around here. Nerf is really a simple game in which you run around with guns that are psuedo-shotguns where you just shoot from 30 feet and cross your fingers. Talk of gyrostabilization modules and shooting from vehicles and turrets and precision sights and headshot ranges is overcomplicating stuff so simple. You really REALLY need to take a step back.

You're a new guy around here and you might even come off as a little arrogant at times. You almost seem as if you think you've been doing this for years and know what you're doing. Truth is, you probably don't. Lurk for a little and read a few topics for a few days and see what other people are producing.

You seem to be a smart enough kid with the mindset for Nerfing. However, tone it down. Stuff like this isn't necessary. Check out a few videos of Nerf wars and I think you'll see what I mean. Really, wars are all about rushing like a dumbass, having a good time, and just messing around and having a few laughs. Trust me, stuff like this turns into douchebags taking pot shots from the back of a field and blowing someones eye out. This isn't Call of Duty shit.

Keep with Nerf but I'm gonna have to say screw this stuff. Work on a simple primary, a simple secondary, a pistol, and maybe even a homemade. Soon you might feel the true spirit of Nerf that I'm referring to.

#288960 Talking To The Press.

Posted by ilzot on 26 November 2010 - 02:23 PM in News

I gotta agree with Talio on this one.

If you want to get really technical, we are infringing a copyright at this moment. Cease and desist letters, which I've dealt with composing in the past, pretty much tell whoever is using your name, ideas, or anything else made by you to fuck off.

Here's a general template for a C+D letter;

Dear Sir;

We are the proprietors of all copyright in a work entitled ____________________________. We have reserved all rights in the Work, which was first expressed in material form on ___________________________.

It has come to our attention that your work entitled _____________________________ is identical/substantially similar to our copyrighted Work. Permission was neither asked nor granted to reproduce our Work and your Work therefore constitutes infringement of our rights. In terms of the Copyright Statutes, we are entitled to an injunction against your continued infringement, as well as to recover damages from you for the loss we have suffered as a result of your infringing conduct.

In the circumstances, we demand that you immediately:

1. remove all infringing content and notify us in writing that you have done so;

2. immediately cease the use and distribution of copyrighted material;

3. undertake in writing to desist from using any of our copyrighted Work in future without prior written authority from us.

We await to hear from you by no later than close of business on __________________________.

This is written without prejudice to our rights, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

Yours faithfully,

If you don't do what they tell you, legally, they can just get this site shut down. They don't even need to use the fact that we're using Hasbro brand toys, they can simply just say we're using the term "Nerf", which they came up with, in a site name.

This whole situation is pretty unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past a major toy company to do this just so they can stop getting grilled by the press.

#286447 How To Make A Nitemav/mavfinder That Actually Works

Posted by ilzot on 02 October 2010 - 06:56 PM in Modifications

Sexy as hell.

My only criticism is for someone out there to try and keep the slide intact and on there. That would be a +100 sexiness rating. I don't like the chunk of Nitefinder on there.

I LOVE the blue/red LED scheme though.

Awesome write-up too by the way.

#286446 Is A Big Bad Bow Spring To Stong For A Stock Longshot Boltsled?

Posted by ilzot on 02 October 2010 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

Dude, we're talking about mass produced Chinese pieces of shit here.

Yes, they are made with a mold and are pretty consistent in terms of strength. But, there are still a ton of variences with them.

As Brit says, some won't even survive one prime with a BBB spring addition. However, I have a Longshot with a Recon spring (slightly [VERY slightly] weaker than a BBB spring), a stock silver spring, and a Nitefinder spring, and I haven't had any problems yet. And that's with well over 2000 primes.

So it's a gamble either way, but I'd say it's safe to give it a try. However, don't come bitch and moan to us if it breaks because we can't fucking predict the future.

#285275 Nerf, Nozzles, And Fluid Dynamics

Posted by ilzot on 11 September 2010 - 12:54 PM in Off Topic

Ok, imaseoulman, I'll just answer your question simply; no.

I really think you can go off of what Doom says, as, from the looks of his other posts, he knows exactly what he's talking about. I've always been a firm believer in straw mods and the like, but with so many members adamantly disagreeing, I'll stand corrected.

And I think there's been enough fourth grader, slightly homosexual, 'your mom' remarks about penises. Bad jokes only go so far.

#284634 Nerf Claymore-like Mine

Posted by ilzot on 02 September 2010 - 07:23 PM in Homemades

Wow.

This is the first thing of this kind that I can actually give the thumbs up. I normally think mil-sim shit is dumb, but this is actually somewhat cool. It could be actually used, and is nearly finished.

Pretty much the person who destroyed the mil-sim picture of Nerf was that Frappucino dumbfuck who'd do about 17% of the work, make a video in digital camo, and ask for suggestions.

Not bad. If I had some mousetraps I'd try this, but I don't.

Oh well.

Nice.

#284466 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by ilzot on 31 August 2010 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

Holy shit dude. This is awesome.

My only suggestion is to maybe replace the pump with the original Raider forgrip? That would be pretty sexy, although the placement would be nothing like it originally was. Oh well, it's cool as shit.

#284465 Bolt Release

Posted by ilzot on 31 August 2010 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

Let's be totally honest here; this idea is 100% stupid, unnecessary, and retarded.

I know you're trying to make a superoverkillomfg gun, but you really don't need it. If you seriously have performed an AR removal, spring replacement, and brass breech, then I'd toss this thing in the 'Done' pile. Doing what you're trying to do is pointless, and is inevitably just going to add more bulk.

Trust me on that.

#283316 How To Re-compress Springs?

Posted by ilzot on 17 August 2010 - 10:07 AM in Modifications

Just put it back together and you should be fine.

If my eyes aren't deceiving me, that's the trigger return spring. As long as it has enough elasticity left to return the trigger (which, unless you quadrupled its length, should be possible) it'll work.

#283314 2-11

Posted by ilzot on 17 August 2010 - 10:00 AM in Homemades

Sexy as shit is all I can say.

I think the aesthetics of the Plusbow are slightly better, but that's the only thing it has over this. Functionality, cost, design, and range are all better or identical.

I don't have really enough knowledge/experience/tools to make this thing, but I'd make this if I could.

Mad props 'yo.

And to the assholes posting write-ups before Slug has posted his; fuck you. If you spent a fucking YEAR designing a work of art, and someone pretty much took credit, you'd be very pissed off. He pretty much gave a sneak peek of it with a few details, and you decided to do what he's working on doing. Sorry if I seem like I'm kissing ass, which this probably looks like, but just use your mind before acting like a douche.

#281612 Nerf Guns/unusual Conditions

Posted by ilzot on 29 July 2010 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

Unless you bury it in mud or snow, let it sit for 2 months and dig it back up, I think you'll be alright.

#281611 N.i.c Is On Youtube!

Posted by ilzot on 29 July 2010 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

Prepare to be absolutly fucking grilled about how gay/retarded YouTube is in terms of Nerf.

I'd stay away from stuff like this.

#279977 3 Shot Sspb

Posted by ilzot on 11 July 2010 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

I know this is a necro but I'll go ahead and help him.

Just take some FBR and cut it in half. Pop off the trigger and make a ring with the half-FBR around the trigger stem. Glue this on. Pop back on the trigger piece and you should be good.

The FBR has enough strength to hold the trigger firmly up, keeping the valvem sealed, but enough 'give' to allow the trigger still to be pushed down.

#278858 Maverick Semi Auto Mod

Posted by ilzot on 28 June 2010 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

This is really difficult stuff.

#277530 Nerf Reactor Mod Video - Credit To Kipkay

Posted by ilzot on 12 June 2010 - 02:52 PM in Modifications

I actually started woking on making this since I had a Reactor sitting around.

Would I ever shoot this at a person, let alone bring it to a war?

Hell no.

It's just a cool little thing to make and screw around with, and not anything else.

#275006 New Gun Speculation Threads.

Posted by ilzot on 16 May 2010 - 10:17 PM in Site Feedback

Recently, with pictures floating around of what could be upcoming guns, inevitably there has been a ton of topics about these guns, normally just informing the community, but soon turn into speculation. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty fun, these speculation threads.

However, after a few hours/days of being up, they always get closed, or in the latest case, totally deleted.

So involving these closings and deletions, I have a few QUESTIONS. NOT SUGGESTIONS. Don't flame and say that these'll never be allowed or some bullshit, because I'm not asking for them to stay up.

Are these topics closed because they have to be due to copyright issues or just because the admins feel like it?

If it's a yes, is anyone affiliated with Nerf telling the administrators to do this?

Thanks. This is just out of pure curiosity.

#274871 Nite Finder Cometic + Reanfocement And Extra Spring

Posted by ilzot on 15 May 2010 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

i cant put pictures in at the moment ;)

Well, here's a lesson if you somehow avoid getting banned.

Write ups basically need pictures. If you don't have the pics, don't even post it.

#274867 Magstrike Clip Problem.

Posted by ilzot on 15 May 2010 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

When you fire the incompatible clip, exactly what happens?

#274865 Nite Finder Cometic + Reanfocement And Extra Spring

Posted by ilzot on 15 May 2010 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

You know, I really am quite entertained by this post.

He talks about these nice cosmetics, and there's not even a picture of the damn gun.

A fucking gorilla could've made a better post.

#274557 Barrel Length Guide . . .

Posted by ilzot on 11 May 2010 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

-Shit that I'm not copying.-

Doom, you're a nerd.

All kidding aside, I'm working on learning a few simple programming languages. If I can figure them out, I want to give a Java calculator a try that'll determine this for you. I'll probably give your equations and calculations a try, because they're damn good.

On the topic of this topic, the idea pretty much sucks. With people like the Unholy Threesome taking over the 'Haven, less and less people are using stock plunger tubes or stock springs, and everything's getting too confusing and mixed for topics like these.

As said above, guess and test and you'll be fine.

#274555 Deploy At2k Integration**modular Baby!**

Posted by ilzot on 11 May 2010 - 06:48 PM in Modifications

I normally love your mods, Rogue, but I don't know. This one just isn't getting my normal liking.

It just feels out of place with the gun. If you painted that, I'd love it. But right now, it just sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't appeal to me on a gun gravitated very much towards its cosmetics.

Paint it and you've got my approval. Kudos for making a badass integratable powerhouse, though.

The paint is drying now......but thanks.

Can't wait to see it.

#274553 Deploy At2k Integration**modular Baby!**

Posted by ilzot on 11 May 2010 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

I normally love your mods, Rogue, but I don't know. This one just isn't getting my normal liking.

It just feels out of place with the gun. If you painted that, I'd love it. But right now, it just sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't appeal to me on a gun gravitated very much towards its cosmetics.

Paint it and you've got my approval. Kudos for making a badass integratable powerhouse, though.

#274551 New Titan Shell

Posted by ilzot on 11 May 2010 - 06:36 PM in General Nerf

Ok. Come back when you did it.

Or else fuck off.

#273450 Extended Draw, Cpvc Couplered Nite Finder

Posted by ilzot on 26 April 2010 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

I love you Blue.

I've been looking how the hell to do this for so long. Thanks so much.

#273448 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by ilzot on 26 April 2010 - 06:05 PM in Darts and Barrels

Yeah, I'm with badwrench here. We don't like to encourage dangerous or irresponsible nerf modifications or fabrications on this site, and Pri's suggestions are potentially both.

Double slingshot weighted stefans, and pointed amunition of any kind, are not permitted at any of the larger wars as far as I know. Shit, single slingshot weighted stefans are on the way out all over the country. While crafting these for purely entertainment purposes is understandable, please don't make any such ammunition with the intention of shooting them at other nerfers.

I would never bring one of those kind of darts to a war. That would hurt like hell. But I was just saying it to get max range out of your blasters.

This is kind of like saying "I modded my Nerf gun to shoot bullets. It gets more range!"

No shit it does. Everyone knows that this'll happen. That's why slingshots are even on their way to being banned. They're just too damn heavy.

#273270 Wildfire Rebuild

Posted by ilzot on 25 April 2010 - 11:27 AM in Modifications

Wow. I fucking love this thing. I already started on modding up my totally wrecked WF. It had a broken rotation mech, leaks everywhere, and a broken pump.

By the way, are the drilled holes on the bladder and piston 3/16th's?

#272146 Deploy Mod And Paintjob

Posted by ilzot on 13 April 2010 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

Paint it bright pink and I like.

#272144 Finding A Blaster For A Friend In A Power Chair.

Posted by ilzot on 13 April 2010 - 08:58 PM in General Nerf

I'd reccomend a Big Blast personally.

It can go as easy as cutting below the 2 holes and having a loose-fitting barrel for streamlines reaching up to 120 feet in 10-ish pumps, or pimping it out with a new pump and couplered and what not and break 150.

It's up to you but they're quick (5 minutes for the basic mod.), cheap ($5 at the right place), and effective (up to 130 feet for minimal modding.

#272105 Longshot Cocking Problem

Posted by ilzot on 13 April 2010 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

Take out the springs but put back on the plunger head. Put the gun back together and try cocking.

Tell me if it catches or not and I could help diagnose the problem. If it still doesn't catch though, I smell a parts placement problem. If it does catch the spring, when compressed, could be too long to allow adequate plunger room to catch.

#272040 Closed

Posted by ilzot on 12 April 2010 - 09:37 PM in Off Topic

Not to sound like an asshole, but duuuude. Work on your run-on sentences.

You have a lot of sentences like this:

This is a run-on sentence, because after some of these thoughts, I don't divide them into seperate sentences, and it all runs together, and it looks like this.

Hopefully this isn't for any grade above a freshman in high school?

EDIT - I just caught a glimpse that the drum mag was released in '08. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it '09? 9/9/09?

#271877 Nerf Grenade (no Frisbee)

Posted by ilzot on 10 April 2010 - 09:58 PM in Homemades

If you threw that 'grenade' at me in a war I'd fucking kick you in your testicles if I wasn't already incapacitated from a concussion. Sorry, I'm being honest.

And hyperbolic. Unwarranted anger much? Why comment if you have nothing to contribute? Not even a helpful suggestion.

I'm trying to convince this kid that his ideas are absolutely retarded. 3 threads of shit and pages of insults and words of discouragement haven't seemed to work.

It's a waste of bandwidth.

#271872 Nerf Grenade (no Frisbee)

Posted by ilzot on 10 April 2010 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

It's been done by a friend of mine, and it even explodes on contact if thrown correctly.

Its a great idea but it is nothing like mine.

This made me laugh.

Basically it's the exact same thing except yours has a pin. Blast radii were similar, cheap shitty parts, they're very similar. Only differences; yours is basically a claymore and his is a grenade.

If you threw that 'grenade' at me in a war I'd fucking kick you in your testicles if I wasn't already incapacitated from a concussion.

So, failed idea. AGAIN.

Sorry, I'm being honest.