HasreadCoC's Content

There have been 224 items by HasreadCoC (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#309931 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HasreadCoC on 22 January 2012 - 08:55 AM in Modifications

MavTitan, 1.5" PVC coupler'd
Posted Image

#283866 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HasreadCoC on 23 August 2010 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

Ok, my first ever post, I am praying that the images show up correctly.

My Twinsanity (double furyfire):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Orange on one side, green on the other. Super comfy handle is super comfy and primes both blasters at the same time, needless to say, this thing shoots fast. I hope to do a writeup at some point (well, I hoped to do I writeup 3 months ago, but never had time) but for now these pictures should show about all you need to know.

Final notes: No hot glue was used, and you can remove the metal bars from the outside in order to open up just one blaster at a time if you wish, as opposed to having to open both at once. This mod is dedicated to Dev Nerfan, Martin, Mike, Alastair, Alex, Jared, Adam, Noah, and all you other awesome facebook Nerf regulars, you guys keep me doing what I'm doing.

#284158 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HasreadCoC on 27 August 2010 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

I am posting this for a friend, I take NO credit whatsoever

So, my friend Nerfan (NH account here: http://nerfhaven.com...showuser=39056) came up with this:

Posted Image

A hoppered fully functioning turret: It works! Because this was done on a Quadshot, the turret auto-rotates, giving you a huge supply of ammo without having a 5ft long hopper (banned at most wars), plus, this is cooler :lol:

Close-up of the connection point:

Posted Image

Looking down the center of the barrels:

Posted Image

He has also posted this on NRev (where he is also known as Nerfan). Since he has not yet been validated here on NH (which is strange since he joined 5 months ago, I thought the wait was 2 months?) he asked me to post it for him.

EDIT: He has now been validated.

Let me once again stress that I take NO credit for this, I'm not stealing his idea/pics, I'm just posting for him

#301210 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by HasreadCoC on 08 July 2011 - 05:50 PM in Homemades

Picture dump time! Been in the works for a while:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
It's a rainbow on a pistol crossbow with an upside-down raider stock and optional foam on the stock. 7" draw, [k26], 1.5" plunger tube, bla bla bla long-range bla bla bla. Some nice clear green acrylic accents as well.

PM me any questions please, as this thread is pictures only.

#298856 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by HasreadCoC on 28 May 2011 - 12:29 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Ok, my rainbow pistol thing is finally finished, trigger, seal, screws, etc, all finished and in.

ID: 1.5" clear PVC.

Draw: 2.5"

Spring: half a [k26]

Seal: U-Cup.

Ranges (flat, not angled) with a 10inch cpvc barrel and my 1.25" crappy-foam slugs are consistently about 60ft (tape measured). When I last compared the new crappy foam to my old foam, the new foam used in range test consistently decreased range by about 10ft compared to my old foam, so I could see this thing hitting about 70ft with properly made slugs. I plan to test dome darts (glue dome with #6 washer) in the near future, ranges should be close to 100ft with them if previous tests are anything to go on.

All in all, pretty good considering that this is just a pistol-size rainbow, with a 2.5" draw. I can't wait to see what 7" draw full sized rainbows can do.

#299684 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by HasreadCoC on 10 June 2011 - 08:17 PM in Homemades

A Supa-clean Rainbow LSK!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Guess what? Full sized rainbows fit PERFECTLY inside LSK shells :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
And F yeah, thats a Chuck Norris tee shirt :D

Features:

6.5" draw

Ryan & Kane rainbow ranges

1.5" Clear PVC plunger tube

Perfect U-cup seal, hand over the end and the plunger stops dead 1/3rd of the way down.

[k26] spring

Modified no-spring-slip Rainbow catch

Replaced standard trigger with 1/4" polycarb trigger

Supa-comfy and stylish polycarb priming handle

Compatible with the stock, but that still getting other improvements

Two other rainbow projects still being built, I'll post 'em when they're finished.

#307714 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by HasreadCoC on 23 November 2011 - 10:36 PM in Homemades

Well, here is a rainbow I built for my friend Darkmatter.
Specs:

it utilizes a full [k26],

1.5"plunger tube,

has two catch notches for the user's choice of draw (7" and 5.5"),

custom pull-back piece for finger comfort and style,

Brass eagle talon handle (thanks for the inspiration, Beaver),

custom machined sliding trigger that allows the PT assembly to be located farther back, thus allowing it to be 4" - 5" shorter overall,

SUPER-STURDY LOTSA SCREWS,

great sealing U-cup,

padded with foam,

able to have a detachable stock added via the port in the bottom of the handle, in the process of designing one now, may update this post,

the whole thing (barrel-less, unprimed, stock-less) is only a hair over 17" from tip to tail.

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Probably my favorite thing I've built yet.

#323193 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by HasreadCoC on 29 October 2012 - 04:30 PM in Homemades

Let's keep the pump-action awesomeness going here, shall we?

I now present for your viewing pleasure, the finally complete, Pump-Action-Rainbow-Longstrike. Or, PARLSK lol. I think I need more letters to add to the acronym.

Posted Image

Some other angles:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Closer shot:

Posted Image

I cut into the shell at the bottom to get the pump grip closer to being in line with the force of the spring, for an easier prime. It worked amazingly, the prime is easier as a pump action than as a pull-back the way it was prior to this update.

Posted Image

The grip is PVC covered in self-adhesive craft foam sheet. Very comfy.

Posted Image

This top plate is to help keep the whole thing in line. Yes, it's a bit bulky, but it works very well. The other option would have been to make a rail system in the bottom covering plate, but this was made before I had decided to cut into the bottom of the shell.

Posted Image

This track in the stock serves two purposes, first, it keeps the round plunger rod from rotating, second, it prevents the plunger rod from bending upward if the pump grip is pumped improperly. It doesn't take much force to cause an unsecured primed plunger rod to bend, and this basically keeps it down. It doesn't take much force to keep the plunger rod down either, but it's important that it's done. Also, supa-straight cuts! (not lol, but it still works perfectly fine, and doesn't look horrible).

Posted Image
Posted Image

Stock has the unneeded clip holders removed, and the whole thing has a nice layer of self-adhesive craft foam for cleanliness aesthetically.

Posted Image

You can fire any comments/questions/flames at my inbox.

Props to Ozymandias for prophetically predicting how this project would eventually end up being pump action, a full year in advance lol.

#310633 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by HasreadCoC on 03 February 2012 - 06:15 PM in Homemades

1" plungertube, about 3" of draw, half a [k26], 3/8" nylon bar plunger rod, homemade priming finger grip, mainly for stock darts, shoots stock taggers ~60ft flat when I tape measured. The thing on the end is a cut up coupler, it helps keep stock darts from fish tailing due to the blaster's power relative to stock darts.

The owner is my 8 year old brother, who can barely prime it LOL. Powerful, but not so much that he cant use it in the house.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#320724 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by HasreadCoC on 20 August 2012 - 09:36 AM in Homemades

My version of (youtube) Drac's mod. The slot in the pvc allows you to avoid disks flipping over on longer clips, and the polycarb piece is really nice.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I scrapped 2 of the hornet attachment parts off 2 Titan shells for the clip attachment part. It works well. The small PVC is like 1" thinwall and the large PVC is 1.5" PVC.

EDIT: I'm putting this in homemades because the item in question is the clip, which is homemade. The proton itself is stock.

#295454 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by HasreadCoC on 06 March 2011 - 03:56 PM in Darts and Barrels

A friend of mine and I made a batch of adhesive backed craft foam+#6 washer tips last night. We were able to make well over 200 tips from just one of the 6" by 9" sheets. Also, check out the colors!

*snip*

I plan on doing a fair amount of testing to compare darts with these tips to other kinds, stay tuned.

If these are as good (and safe) as slugs, then I think you have found a wonderful replacement for felt heads which cost about $0.02 whereas these would cost $0.0005; one fortieth the cost per tip for padding. Now if only we could likewise replace the foam and washers and glue *wishful thinking*

#291114 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by HasreadCoC on 18 December 2010 - 03:14 PM in Off Topic

Minecraft people. Less than two days left to get it at half price and all future versions for free. We need an official Nerfhaven Minecraft server.

#315732 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by HasreadCoC on 15 May 2012 - 08:53 AM in Off Topic

Steam user: hoongfu

I play diablo 3, TF2, cs 1.6

Steam user: ObiWonTwo

I play TF2 as well, mostly just TF2 these days lol. I mostly like CTF on Turbine, my favorite, and 2fort, but I also enjoy various cart-push.

#295124 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 27 February 2011 - 12:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Test have come in very uniform and conclusive: between my new foam (from home depot) and my old foam that I used last war (also from home depot, just several months earlier) there is uniformly a 5ft-10ft drop in range with the new foam whether used as Slugs or Domes, or fired Singled or Hopper'd. Slugs uniformly drop the range about 30ft-50ft. So, using my old foam, hot glue domes, and a singled barrel, I'm hitting about 130ft-150ft. When using the newer foam, made as Slugs, out of an 8inch clip hopper or so, I'm uniformly hitting about 70ft-90ft.

#294876 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 21 February 2011 - 10:58 PM in Nerf Wars

How about this? If you get that close just pelt the person with a handful of darts (instant kill LOL) or nerf ball. Or a Titan rocket. Imaging that: a dude sneakin' up then just throwing the Titan rocket at the back of your head. Yeeeeeaaaah.

#296431 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 22 March 2011 - 09:21 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok, I don't get it, why is everyone hating on the chili? Have they somehow changed their recipe since I was last there? Did you not get Coneys? Bah....I feel like I'm missing something here.....

#296707 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 27 March 2011 - 04:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Guys, we just won "Shot of the Week" on Nerf Nation's Facebook page!

Here's the direct link

Note: You have to have an FB account, and Friend 'NerfNation' to get access.

Canada has been having international wars fo' evah. Brit = pretentious?
Grats on the war though. Sounds like a decent time. What was the final attendance count?

Split = pompous ass hat who can't make homemades?

Doesn't matter, we still won.

Canada has international wars, WE had an international, transcontinental war. We win.

#295160 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 27 February 2011 - 09:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Test have come in very uniform and conclusive: between my new foam (from home depot) and my old foam that I used last war (also from home depot, just several months earlier) there is uniformly a 5ft-10ft drop in range with the new foam whether used as Slugs or Domes, or fired Singled or Hopper'd. Slugs uniformly drop the range about 30ft-50ft. So, using my old foam, hot glue domes, and a singled barrel, I'm hitting about 130ft-150ft. When using the newer foam, made as Slugs, out of an 8inch clip hopper or so, I'm uniformly hitting about 70ft-90ft.

I would hope you don't take offense to this, but quite simply: You failed at making slugs. Slugs fly 120' or so out of range whore blasters; the occasional stupidly-overpowered airgun can throw one 130' give or take.

That being said, the discussion about the evils of slugs has been had here and doesn't need to be reiterated. I'm not requesting that folks abide by the rules; rather, if they don't, they don't play. This is going to be a spectacular event and I don't want anyone to miss out.

Keep in mind that these ranges were eyeball'd (I had previously tape measured from my driveway to points on my street, and I have a pretty good idea of distance) so some accuracy of results is lost there. Also, my street is on a minor incline, so ranges should be a bit better on perfect flat. Furthermore, the new foam isn't all that great compared to what I was using at the last war I went to. I will eagerly wait upon sampling a slug or two of the community bin for making comparisons with my own, this should give some data to compare to for future reference.

At any rate, I take no offense as I'm still learning the basics about slugs and still testing barrels lengths/dart fits/foam brands/etc and I certainly have some work to do yet. As to the so called "evils" of slugs, as far as I'm concerned, as long as I can hit ~100ft with a mid-sized hopper I'm content; this is Nerf after all, not airsoft/paintball/retarded-fanboy-FPS-game. The results I posted were not intended to be in the negative; rather, just more data to go on. I'd be happy to hear anyone else's range data for their slugs and/or other darts and the effects of using various types/brands of foam.

Again, i take no offense, I have no problem with Slugs, and my data posted was merely data, not a rant or protest of slugs.

Oh, and I had fun safely shooting my 7yr old brother with them; I couldn't do that with domes LOL.

#293986 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 06 February 2011 - 10:37 AM in Nerf Wars

Slugs? I suck at making those, for some dumb reason. But I fail at simple things in general :lol:

Ditto. Have never made a Slug dart ever.

As to Brit's darts, it's funny because that's exactly the way I make my darts; a washer and dome, minus the cool colors, that is. If Slug darts are going to be mandatory can we just put together a McMaster parts list of what to use? Just something that says use this felt, one of these two washer types (a larger and a smaller, for people with barrel problems), and this adhesive. That way things are clear as to what to be using and we all have time to order from McMaster and make darts in time.
EDIT: people obviously can use their own type of foam though right?

Oh, and what about limitations on hopper length, or hoppers in general?

EDIT 2: taerKitty, that's exactly my point, we need one single source listed for the parts, along with part numbers for each. If the first post could be updated to include this info, making preparations would be much simpler.

EDIT 3: I really don't like to hog thread space, hence the many edits, but anyway: Would the McMaster washers with part number 91083A009 work? They are by far the cheapest I've come across in that general size at only about $0.01 each; when I bought washers from Ace they ran me about 3x that.

#293935 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 05 February 2011 - 07:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, now I'm confused. Where the heck is Brit gonna be on the 19th exactly? Or any of these days exactly? Is he going from this war to the one at Boone Woods in the same day?

EDIT: Ah crap, in that case I am to understand then that he >won't< be at Boone Woods?

#294541 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 15 February 2011 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

As for contributing to a communal dart bin, what is this, Soviet Russia?

In Soviet Russia, ammo donate YOU..... to government owned cadaver store....

But seriously, thanks taer, you're awesome, and even more so for setting aside some special darts for Brit.

#294037 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 06 February 2011 - 10:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd like to note in support of #6 washers that I'll be using them, as it turns out that they're what I already use (without even knowing it LOLFAIL) without any accuracy isuess as people have worried about. They seem to work better in hoppers to me than something wider (#8), and they're cheaper. But dang. I really hope the felt doesn't give issues with my hopper, otherwise I'll be stuck with just a speedloader.

#294058 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 07 February 2011 - 11:24 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry lionhawk,

Heading down to Virgina is a bit too far out of the way.

And Brit,

I would recommend not going with the white felt pads, they unravel a bit too fast. I've heard the green and blacks ones are better.

Aren't they also a lot harder to find? It obviously wouldn't make much of a difference if your darts are some crazy color like red, but if, like me, your darts are grey or black, they could be kinda hard to find if the head doesn't at least show up through the grass. Also, why would one color be different in strength than another? According to McMaster the only difference is in the color.

Unless, of course, McMaster is racist (isn't EVERYTHING racist these days in this politically-correct word?) and shows preference to one color over the other.

I kid, I kid, but seriously, why is there a difference in strength/durability?

#294341 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 10 February 2011 - 09:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Everyone bring a stock N-Strike blaster for photos.

Why stock, if you don't mind me asking?

Most likely to post to Facebook Nerf (the official page). They delete anything with mods, so stock (or at least "look" stock) blaster photos only.

#294085 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by HasreadCoC on 07 February 2011 - 05:23 PM in Nerf Wars

If I am in attendance, I plan to use my already made stock of darts. It's not an aging technology, it's just another way to do things.

Broken, do you think we could do a "get shot from 20' with your darts and most powerful blaster you plan on using" thing in special cases like this where slugs aren't an option for a person and the blasters being used are mostly underpowered? Otherwise anyone who can't order from McMaster or can't pay to have darts made for them is pretty much screwed....

#289246 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by HasreadCoC on 28 November 2010 - 01:27 PM in Modifications

Something I discovered (It may have been previously discovered, if so, I re-discovered it on my own) that may be helpful to those of you having trouble getting raw foam to fit in stock CPVC (i.e. not drilled out).

One method of straightening FBR is to hang it in about 10ft lengths with a small weight at the bottem for a few weeks. As I found out, you can take raw foam that won't fit in stock CPVC, hang it with a decent ammount of weight, and leave it alone for about 3-4 months and the diameter will just slightly enough decrease to give you a perfect fit in CPVC. Keep in mind that the longer dart you want to make, the smaller you want the diameter to be. For example, I make my dart 1in long, if I try using the same foam to make 2in long darts, the fit is still to tight.

Theoretically, you could use heavier wieghts on the end of the hanging 10ft foam lengths to speed up the whole process, just make sure you don't make the foam TOO thin.

#326231 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HasreadCoC on 01 February 2013 - 04:31 PM in Modifications

That and the fact that the darts really do seem to crap out beyond a certain muzzle velocity. (Too much fishtailing / aerodynamic instability makes them not travel as far even in spite of a higher MV)

This is where stefans (or other homemade darts) come into play.

I'd love to see someone design a 120ft-130ft flat firing compact fly-wheel blaster that uses hopper clips and easily-obtainable long-lasting rechargeable batteries, something like a drill battery, or such. Then, due to the fact that there would be no effective "deadspace" in the clips (as you wouldn't be using air power) we could have 10, 15, heck even 20 foot long clips. I could see some crazy base-defense gametypes coming out of that. Like a vulcan with super-extended chains, but better range, more accurate, and more ammo potentially.

#326225 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HasreadCoC on 01 February 2013 - 12:56 PM in Modifications

Very cool; this is what we love to see from new members.

Any chance we could get a video of your finalized Stryfe in action?

#286879 Rainbow

Posted by HasreadCoC on 12 October 2010 - 05:25 PM in Homemades

This is just begging for the creation of a Double RainBow.

Correction: It is begging for the creation of a double-pump-action-rainbow, heck, a triple-pump-action-rainbow, even, if you're strong enough to prime it!

Seriously, the guy who starts doing double-pump-action-rainbow contracts will get very rich, very quickly.

#292208 Rainbow

Posted by HasreadCoC on 04 January 2011 - 09:58 AM in Homemades

Lnk

Did anyone else get sent to a site that wouldn't let you leave? And no, there were not any naked women.

Edit: or men.

Well, it seemed rather iffy it me within the first 2 seconds due to tons of popups and such, so I closed it, but it did "let me leave" though.

#284756 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by HasreadCoC on 04 September 2010 - 01:31 PM in Modifications

- Update! -
Overall, i've found 15-16 Volts to be just right in terms of improved rate-of-fire, yet with smooth operation and virtually zero jams occuring, even when slightly bent or damaged darts are used. Therefore, i'd recommend using 15-16 Volts for reliable operation in modded Stampedes.

With that note... here is a Clip Reload & Test Fire video of a modded Nerf Stampede running on 15 Volts:

:lol:

Ok, here's a question that hopefully hasn't been asked yet, if that's 15 Volts, how many Volts is it at when the blaster is stock? I was wondering for reference so I could figure out the Volts increase to RoF increase pattern.

#284601 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by HasreadCoC on 02 September 2010 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

Could we get a video of you firing it with the Drum Mag? 36 darts firing that fast would be fun to watch.

#322516 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by HasreadCoC on 12 October 2012 - 08:45 PM in Off Topic

I'd suggest simple, clean, bi-color or tri-color symbols/emblems/seals. Think: Half Life's orange Lambda, Aperture Lab's black circle/portal, general Greek letters/symbols in black-with-white-background, or white-with-black-background setup. Maybe some crests (medieval family seals) as well. Basically just non-annoying, non-visually-messy, and very classy looking images.

I'd also like to second the idea of more nerf/homemade blasters.

#322571 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by HasreadCoC on 13 October 2012 - 08:28 PM in Off Topic

I also would like to second Breaking Bad.

Third'ed.

Dat high-faced-jesse XD

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
USELESS. WAY TO PAD YOUR POST COUNT.

GENERAL WARNING TO EVERYONE ELSE: THERE ISN'T A NEED TO SECOND A THING THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN SECONDED. THERE ISN'T A NEED TO THIRD ANYTHING.

Self-Edit: I was under the impression that "thirding" was a thing, and merely made it more likely to be accepted. I really don't care about post count. The joke was merely what sort of picture I thought was most likely to be used from the show.

WHY WOULD THIRDING BE A THING? "THIRDED" ISN'T EVEN A WORD. JUST FOR THAT, THAT'S EXPLICITLY NOT GOING TO BE INCLUDED IN THE BRBA PACK.

#316324 Rockets for Nerfers

Posted by HasreadCoC on 30 May 2012 - 04:12 PM in General Nerf

Whats the difference between the ones with fins on the back, and the ones with fins on the back & front?

#305866 HellaWeen Warfestravagasm 2011!

Posted by HasreadCoC on 14 October 2011 - 05:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Also I got materials for Mario Kart. I might be taking this event seriously.
Posted Image

Wait, are you guys doing a version of the mario kart ballon battle? That's my favorite part of mario kart, but I'd never heard of a game type based off it.

#326141 Question to all you modders

Posted by HasreadCoC on 30 January 2013 - 02:52 PM in General Nerf

You know what I'd love to see?

Basically a PAS with an arrowstorm turret on the front, and have it use the Big Bad Bow arrows for compatibility. Also, replace the uncomfortable PAS handle with a raider handle and stock.

Pictures for reference:

PAS:

Posted Image

Nerf Arrowstorm:

Posted Image

and I assume we all know what a raider handle and stock looks like.

Preferably have the range be around Elite/Vortex range, maybe a bit higher. The advantage to larger ammo like BBB arrows is that you can shoot them with way more force and way farther without hurting anyone, which makes it a perfect ammo type for nerf to experiment on ranges with.

A pump action Arrowstorm with the handle/stock ergonomics of a Raider, and 100ft+ range? (angled, as with all nerf measurements, 100ft parallel to ground would be awesome)

Yes please.

#325915 Question to all you modders

Posted by HasreadCoC on 27 January 2013 - 02:50 PM in General Nerf

The current lineup of products is good, but what's sorely missing are air-powered automatics. I would love to see magstrike/powerclip/wildfire/RF20 type blasters come back into style.

I'll second this. Something with a HUGE air tank/bladder which spits like 40 or 50 darts out in a massive fire would be nuts. Otherwise, maybe a multi-clip mag strike. Say, 3 or 4 clips next to one another, and go from one to the next.

Or heck, maybe a new chain-blaster. rather than a vulcan, maybe a manual pump action one; that'd be pretty creative. Think like a PAS using a vulcan chain.

#294208 Slugs And Domes And Taggers, Oh My!

Posted by HasreadCoC on 08 February 2011 - 06:07 PM in General Nerf

We haven't had any big wars in MN for a while, but I haven't had a single one of my last batch of darts fall apart from test firings. They're also harder to rip apart with your hands then slug darts.

You might be right about performance, I've noticed that they curve a bit more then darts I've made in the past. I think anyone who doesn't want to order things online can deal with it for a war though.

That's why I was thinking, what if the FBR pieces on the end were dome-shaped? Rather than 1/8" thick felt, how about 3/8" thick dome on the end of the dart? Just because we want the darts to hurt less doesn't mean that they need to be less accurate or less aerodynamic (which they invariably will be anyway, but hopefully a bit less so with dome shaped foam rather than flat). I dunno, but I guess i have a few ideas to start testing now...... I'll post once i have a bit more info and testing done.

#294197 Slugs And Domes And Taggers, Oh My!

Posted by HasreadCoC on 08 February 2011 - 03:40 PM in General Nerf

Uh, Split, is that comment being directed at me or princexbuster? Because i'm not sure why you would "diddle my face with darts" considering that fact I actually plan on making actual slugs, although I feel for the people who can't, as I have been in their position, which is why I would be in favor of allowing at least a few alternatives as long as it can be proven that they are at least as safe as slugs.