Z-man12's Content

There have been 197 items by Z-man12 (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#102984 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Z-man12 on 29 April 2007 - 01:24 PM in Modifications

Well its nice to finaly get to post here. So first thing I am going to do is show of my paint jobs. :)

My Nightfinder
Posted Image

A magstrike I sold on e-bay
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My Doubleshot (still got a little to do to this one.)
Posted Image
Posted Image

More should be comming over the next few months. :)

#103175 Big Blast Idea

Posted by Z-man12 on 30 April 2007 - 03:13 PM in Modifications

It works at least the way I did it. I have a LBB that has six barrels that shoot at the same time. I am curretly reworking the seal so it works better. Only thing is it takes 30 pumps to get them all to shoot and even then it dosn't work all the time with taggers.

#103230 Big Blast Idea

Posted by Z-man12 on 30 April 2007 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

It works at least the way I did it. I have a LBB that has six barrels that shoot at the same time. I am curretly reworking the seal so it works better. Only thing is it takes 30 pumps to get them all to shoot and even then it dosn't work all the time with taggers.

May I please see a picture of that please? I'm quite interested in it.

~McFlurry

Yes I will post pictures as soon as I reassemble the beast of a gun, its a heavy sucker. and its in about 6 pices right now. :lol:

If your PVC and seals are symmetrical, it will work. Keep in mind, however, that the darts themselves are part of the seal - they must all have the same amount of friction between them and the barrel, and have equally far to go, or the air will shoot one or two and ignore the rest.

I understood this principel when I started fooling with the gun. You only get some to fire if you don't pump it ALOT.
It looks odd with two out and the rest at odd lengths. This is what happens when there is not enough air flowing down the barrels to force out all the darts at once.

#103444 Six Barrel Lbb

Posted by Z-man12 on 01 May 2007 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

So I wanted a close quarter weapon there was no way I was going to miss with. I thought a six barreled shotgun like weapon would be just the thing. I had read about the power in an LBB so I decided to use this as the base. I have been working on this for a while and I thought I might share it. This is a write up like article if there is any questions I will try to answer them. Sorry for the lack of pictures I already had this mostly completed when I relized I didn’t take many pictures.

I still have some painting and a few things I want to try. But so far I am happy. As to ranges about 40 feet for all the darts on 20 pumps. Untill I fix the handel I can't pump it any higher. :(

Parts:
One 1 1/2 PVC pipe cap.
60ish Inches of 1/2 CPVC (10 in barrels X 6 = 60 inches)
One LBB
Lots of glue.

First take your LLB and promptly disregard the warning about modifying. :P
Posted Image

Next open up the gun and take out the pump assembly cut off the orange tubing leaving enough to go past the guns internal bracing about ½ inch. Then drill a hole in a 1 ½ pipe PVC pipe-cap and glue this on the orange rod, making sure you leave enough room so the internals fit back into the gun body. Plug the pump
Posted Image

Cut back the gun body as you see fit.
Posted Image

Use a small section of the orange tubing as a brace to arrange your barrels. Make sure to plug the hole in the orange pipe. And all the holes around it. (or all this will do is make a loud whoosh and do nothing else.
Posted Image

Then sand down the cap enough so that the pipes fit in the cap. Then seal off the barrels to the cap there will be some need to seal because it has little triangular holes that let air out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pump 20+ times and let her fly. (Twenty seems to be around the minium ammount needed.)
------------------------------------------

Well what do you think.

#103462 Six Barrel Lbb

Posted by Z-man12 on 01 May 2007 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

Cool, but cut down your barrels a couple of inches. I'll guarantee you, you better range.

As many others have pointed out along with nerfer34 I know there is less air flow but there is a reason I did it this way.The reason the barrels are 10 inches is because I plan on using stefans at some point. I am currently having problems finding FBR

Range/spread?

The spred is tight my guess would be under 6 inches at 20 feet. Closer to 12 inches at 40 ft. The ranges tell I get a better handel built are down around 40 feet. But thats more then enough for indoor wars. At least in this building.

#103535 Six Barrel Lbb

Posted by Z-man12 on 01 May 2007 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

Neat; I'd love do try this out. Is the LBB still manufactured or am I out of luck?

EDIT: Also, would it be difficult to use a seventh barrel in the center?

Yes the LBB is still manufactured as far as I know. I have seen them at Walgreens several times.

As to the 7th barrel you couldn't do it. At least in theory, so far as I figure it. Here is why, when the air comes out of the small amount of pipe in front of the holding tank it is in a beam-like state. Its a weak beam but one none the less. So it would strike the dart in front of the hole and get it moving. breaking the even decompression of air, and only firing that one dart. That is why I replaced it with a plug. So that the air would strike that and decompress as evenly as possible.

As to the FBR I have asked under all those names, and looked my self every place I can think of at three stores. I just might have to take you up on the offer Forsaken Angel.

#103545 First Person Assassin. The Hit On Kablammie.

Posted by Z-man12 on 02 May 2007 - 01:08 AM in Nerf Wars

I understand why you used a RF20 in that situation. I really want to give this game a go, next time it starts up on campus. :P I definatly understand the reaction he gave when he was staring down a RF20. I thought it was a riot.

Better luck next time.

#103547 Maverick Drop Clip

Posted by Z-man12 on 02 May 2007 - 01:17 AM in Modifications

Thats an marvouls idea on the rotation problem. Never even thought of that. As always a steller jpb with your write up.

#103639 Six Barrel Lbb

Posted by Z-man12 on 02 May 2007 - 07:28 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure it's a blast bazooka. But it worked, and thats what matters. :D

Anyhoo, great job. I'm currently holding the innards of one myself, and I'm wondering if you took the time to plug the pump. It seems that 20+ pumps is overdoing it because this gun

It is plugged. I guess I should have said that eariler. :mellow:

#103666 Six Barrel Lbb

Posted by Z-man12 on 02 May 2007 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

So with 6 barrels from one gun, you would need most likely a minimum of 10 inch barrels. Just a suggestion, it still looks kick-ass that way.

Um you lost me there... It currently has 10 inch barrels.

And Again no I havn't had a chance to fire any thing other then stock darts out of it.

#103756 Mantaray Shells

Posted by Z-man12 on 03 May 2007 - 03:26 PM in Homemades

Here is the deal I am building a vacuum-form table this summer. The other day I got to thinking "wonder what I could do with this nerf wise." Then it hit me, maybe I could create mantray like shells for guns. I have seen some interesting guns strapped to the bottom of these shields in the past.

So I think I am going to give it a go and see what comes of this idea. But first I would like some help, can some one who has a mantray shell take some pictures and some measurements for me so I can at least get the size close.

The other thing I was wondering was if there was any one out there that had a design idea for a nerf shield mount for a gun or something similar that they wouldn't mind sharing with me.

#103811 Six Barrel Lbb

Posted by Z-man12 on 03 May 2007 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

I'm gonna second that, and FA24 also said the same thing. Also, why such long barrels if your looking for a close range shotty-type weapon?

For the umpteenth time because I like the way that it looks. Just wait tell I get the whole thing done up and you will see what I mean.

To be honest the idea is to use it as a long range shotty once I get some stefans made.

And just for the record a LBB is capable of firing a dart from a 60 in barrel. I tried calculating the necessary length by firing a dart down a 60+ inch piece of CPVC to see where it stopped so I could measure it off and divide it in half. I went right out the end and went down the hall a good 20ft before it hit the floor (it was angled down a little to start with so that probably helped. So I figured there would be plenty of air for what I did here.

#103815 Mantaray Shells

Posted by Z-man12 on 03 May 2007 - 06:55 PM in Homemades

The vacuum form table will allow you to make a mold of the shell using stryene, which you can then use to recast the shell in a different plastic. The vacuum form table itself won't allow you to duplicate a part, it will simply form over the original.
And you probably won't be able to use the vacuum forming table to recreate all of the inner bracing and mounting holes of the original shell since those are too deep for the table to pull down into.

I am compleatly aware of how these tables work, and I understand most of the problems they present. That is why I am going to make my own molds to cast off of.
The idea is to make two layers that I can then brace together to get somthing with the same basic application as using a Mantray to mount guns.

Captain Slug's right. I used a vacuum former in tech ed. a few years back. Basically what it'll do is create a mold that you can make a cast of. The cast will be the shell, not the mold.

I know the terms I am making my own mold to make the shells. Trust me I think this whole thing will work fine.

SO does any one want to take some mesurments for me and some pictures? :(

#103874 Mantaray Shells

Posted by Z-man12 on 03 May 2007 - 11:44 PM in Homemades

I am not going for total replication just close.

#104213 What Are The Relative Merits Of The Rf20 And Magstrike?

Posted by Z-man12 on 06 May 2007 - 02:28 PM in General Nerf

Just so you guys know Captian Slug has come up with blueprints for 10 and 20 round MS clips.
The one thing I have to say for the RF20 is that it has a bigger piston. But the MS is super easy to modify and id has clips. Those are always fun. :)

#104308 This Is My First Homemade

Posted by Z-man12 on 06 May 2007 - 09:14 PM in Homemades

Where did you get the 5$ bike pump? I have been looking for a cheap pump for a while now.

#104338 Range Shot

Posted by Z-man12 on 07 May 2007 - 01:14 AM in Modifications

Yeah, I think it was a horrible trade!!

Nitefinders are a whopping $5.76 right now.

:P

I'm always a sucker for "classic" guns.

The question is... can you still call it a "flat shot" when you range test it? Hehehe...

I think he could. :P

I like old things so I would personaly call it a good trade but that is me.

#104504 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Z-man12 on 07 May 2007 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

My newly finished Nighfinder that is soon going to a new home. Hope the new owner to be likes it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#104634 Range Shot

Posted by Z-man12 on 09 May 2007 - 01:01 AM in Modifications

To slove the kink problem you could try running a spring around the tube like they do in the Magstrike and the RF20 near the pump handel that way there is somthing rigidto help keep the tubeing streight.

#104792 Volley Titan

Posted by Z-man12 on 10 May 2007 - 10:37 AM in Modifications

I am curious as to wether or not you could just hook up the one extra hornet barrel to the gun. You said a while back that only one of the barrels didn't work in the pair.

Any way I am gald to see this come to fruition, after you telling me what you were going to do I was really curious how it was going to work.

Now I just got to get a bigsalvo or two and a Big Blast. :unsure:

#104852 Totaly Outragous!

Posted by Z-man12 on 10 May 2007 - 04:30 PM in General Nerf

Anyway... I hope you guys won't think less of me if I suddenly pick up a habbit for modding and reselling NF's and LS's on ebay because of this guy. B)

Tried that my self with a magstrike and ended up making a whole whopping $1. :unsure:

Guess I am just two honest. I have been watching Nerf guns on e-bay for a while there seems to be no sense to how they sell, modded or no.

#104887 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by Z-man12 on 10 May 2007 - 06:40 PM in Modifications

Has anyone ever thought about spray painting the magstrike? that would be sweet!!

Yes it has been done, I am sure several hundred times. :lol:

#105052 I Found More Pump-action Shotguns

Posted by Z-man12 on 11 May 2007 - 10:15 PM in General Nerf

Well I went to a sports store today and was walking down the toys isle. Low and behold they had the same type of pump action shot guns that Forsaken Angel used in his mods. The sports chain is called Academy Sporting goods. (spelling?) The pump action shot guns run 25$ (if my crappy memory serves me they might be only 20$ though). They also have a bow and a cross bow that might be convertible I just don’t know if they would be worth it or not. I plan on picking up a shotgun in the next week or so just for the fun of the conversion, and having a spring gun with some real kick.

Well any way I thought you all might want to know about another place that sells these.

#105204 I Found More Pump-action Shotguns

Posted by Z-man12 on 13 May 2007 - 01:18 AM in General Nerf

Cool Nice Find, this is any sports store right?

Alot of the chains have them, Cabales (spelling?) and Bass-Pro, Academy (again spelling?) but any others I have no clue.

#105753 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Z-man12 on 15 May 2007 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

1 Old Style Mavericks ( Russian Roulette & AR ) - Black and silver paint job.
1 Old Style Night Finder ( PPKed)
1 Double Shot (barrels and grip cut down to 6 inches, sholder stock removed, and cocking cords moved.)
1 Sneak Shot (CPVC breach, working on a pump action.)
2 Lanard Blast Bazookas ( one singled with pluged pump, the other six barreled with pluged pump.)
1 Power Clip (With moved pump, and modified to take Magstrike clips)
1 Rapid Fire 20 (Brokenish being modified currently)
1 SM1500 (Pluged, has a stock, and 6 in. CPVC barrels)

#105954 Double Shot- Help Needed

Posted by Z-man12 on 16 May 2007 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

One other thing that is a mess about the front half of the gun is that it is plastic-welded shut on some points. Making it a pain to open. Just an FYI you really don't need to open that part though.

#106106 Humpty Dumpty

Posted by Z-man12 on 17 May 2007 - 10:59 AM in Modifications

Steller work as always. I like how you did a flip style clip for it. Now all you have to do is expand the air tank. :lol: I am assuming you have it hooked up to the unity power system though so there is no need for a bigger tank.

#106153 Idea For A New Homemade

Posted by Z-man12 on 17 May 2007 - 04:07 PM in Homemades

Problems I came up with when thinking thorugh this gun back when I had a similar idea.

1. (well its not really a problem) because of the size of fingers varries so much it would only work for you.
2. The fireing mech would have to use wires of some sort, that are taunt and when tightend compleatly fired. If they are exposed and they get a bump, they will go off.
3. It will be difficult to make one that rest on your arm, take up a little space while still retaining accuracy.

Those are the main problems I see. I still plan on making a gauntlet style gun at some time, but I will most likely canablize some guns to do it.

(If my spelling is bad, I am sorry I just woke up and my brain is not fireing on all cylinders yet.)

#106259 C.s.h.g.

Posted by Z-man12 on 18 May 2007 - 12:18 AM in Homemades

Well I for one will be intrested to see how this works. I am curious to see how this teconology could be used, if it has enough power its slef to shoot darts, to make homeades.

Good luck CS.

#106313 Ringtone

Posted by Z-man12 on 18 May 2007 - 04:05 PM in Off Topic

Even though I my self do not have a cell phone, probably the only guy on campus here. *insert gasp* I do know alot about them. It will depend on the carrier he has and also what model phone he has. With out those you are not going to get far in your quest for a new ring tone.

#106423 Ls Clip Mod For Faster Reloading

Posted by Z-man12 on 19 May 2007 - 01:02 AM in Modifications

I belive that is called double clipping. I know airsofters will do that and I think some special-ops do it with their weapons too. I thought about it but never got around to doing it. Nice to know it works like I thought it would.

#109666 "bob"

Posted by Z-man12 on 05 June 2007 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

Looks like you beat me to gettiing an RF20 modded for external tanks. Its funny how you also took out the selector vavle and replaced it with a coupler like I did.

One thing I am thinknig might be intresting to try is get a verable flow needle valve and put it in place of the coupler. That way you can more effectivly controll the fire rate of the RF20.

As always a nice modification by the Captain. *thumbs up*

#109793 Dchap-1

Posted by Z-man12 on 06 June 2007 - 10:17 PM in Homemades

Now that is ingenous (sp?) I am going to have to give this thing a whirl later. CS you really need to be dubbed "the king of air".With a little teeking you could make this thing into just about any shape you wanted. <_< I like what I may be able to cram this thing into.

*goes to think about it some more.*

#109794 "bob"

Posted by Z-man12 on 06 June 2007 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

I figured you had already come up with some way to do that. I just thought I would check and see.

#110160 Dchap-2

Posted by Z-man12 on 08 June 2007 - 08:52 PM in Homemades

This is even more adaptapable then the original verson. I love this one even more then the first one.

#112473 Bob Ii

Posted by Z-man12 on 22 June 2007 - 12:02 AM in Modifications

Man, yet again you make a scarry and effective intergration.

One of these days I am going to get around to making somthing like that untill then, I will just stare at yours.

Man I really wish you would take up the task of learning how to paint so you could unify your guns better. You have the first part in unifying parts into a gun, no bad seams, down to an artform. I just wish, from time to time, you would do the painting.

Edit: Bad grammer seems my brain was out on a brake when I posted the first time.

#112764 Bob Ii

Posted by Z-man12 on 23 June 2007 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

Oh CS that looks so much better now that it is painted. Just lovely. :huh:
I like the color scheme althogh, I never would have thought of it.

See its not that bad to paint is it?

*heres to more CS guns that are scary, cool, and well painted*

#113396 Bob Ii

Posted by Z-man12 on 27 June 2007 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

Thought I would say some things about styrene. Seeing as I know alot about it.

Like many other things you have to know where to look for it if you don't want to order it from the internet.

You can also get sheet styrene from hobby stores. From what I understad the best place to try is places that deal in model trains. Many people us it for detailing there landscape around their trains.

Some Hobby Lobbies (spelling?) also carry it, I dont know about the other chains though.

The place that I get it for my prop/replica work, and the place where most people that I know get it, is at your local plastics supply stores. They should have it in stock, and most likely in several different sizes. Beware though you may have to buy ALOT of it (think 8' x 4' sheets) if you want a size that they have to order or if the place has an minium size for sales orders. One thing you can do is ask if they have any spare scraps of it laying around, if your nice they most likely will sell it to you at a reduced rate because they have little call for it. If your really lucky you might even be able to get it for free.

- Thats my 2 cents.

Edit: Some grammer work. Again...

#114911 Help With A Buzzbee Air Blasters Rapid Fire Tek Mod

Posted by Z-man12 on 07 July 2007 - 01:25 PM in Modifications

Well to squeeze a few more feet you could trimm down a little of the stock barrel. If it is any thing like the double shot then they will be effecting preformance. They are just there for looks.

#114991 Let Me Introduce You To "steve"

Posted by Z-man12 on 07 July 2007 - 11:47 PM in Modifications

Well after seeing CaptianSlugs “Bob” series I had an idea. I had a broken RF20 laying around. I never could get it to work. So when I finally bought my new Titan and popped it open I had an idea. Merging the two into the scariest thing I could think of. It still has a little work left (you’ll see) but I think so far its coming nicely. I named it “Steve” because it is the opposite of “bob” and just because I like to do that sort of odd thing. I just spliced the tubing from the Titan and the RF20 together to make the two guns run off the Titan’s air tank. Right now the RF20 needs some tweaking its leaking air around the turret, but I am just going to PETG or CPVC it so that will be fixed. The Titan still fires even after the RF20 has used its air up, but it takes a significant drop in distance. Due to the fact that the RF20 has a high firing pressure, and the Titan does not have as high of a pressure. I still need to plug the pump because it doesn’t provide enough pressure stock to fire off the whole RF20 only about 5-8 darts. I also retained the clip on the side of the Titan to mount more guns. :(

As to ranges I will try to get those up once I get the whole thing done.

Here is a loose write upish tour.

Here is what I did to the RF20 Case so I could get it to fit on the Titan body.
Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------

Here is the empty two bodies.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The RF20 spliced in.
Posted Image

Sort of finished RF20 trigger system
Posted Image