Andy's Content

There have been 8 items by Andy (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#17960 Nerfcenter, I Need Help

Posted by Andy on 02 February 2004 - 08:31 PM in Off Topic

As a side note, while Nerfcenter.com will be maintained until an indefinate time in the future, I have no plans on renewing the opennerf.com domain. So if anyone's interested in jumpstarting the open::nerf project again, you'll have a chance to grab the domain when it expires (if it hasn't already).

#18005 Nerfcenter, I Need Help

Posted by Andy on 03 February 2004 - 12:50 AM in Off Topic

Okay, here's the last public announcement that I'll make on this matter until summer rolls around. Nerfcenter will be up and running in its previous archive format ASAP, probably within the next week. As for other people running NC, that is a possibility which will be fleshed out and considered via private e-mail. Obviously I would want the original members of TeamNC to give their input on any major decisions made about the site, and I really don't see that being a concrete possibility until a few months from now when our schedules free up.

Whatever the decision of this matter is, I'll have contacts on NerfHaven and within the NIC to keep everyone informed about the status of Nerfcenter. I still have the partially completed revamp on my hard drive somewhere, and I really wanted to get that live while we were working on Nerfcenter.

Anyways, this is the last I'll post on this matter for now, so any other comments directed at me should be sent to agrau@iproductions.net.

And remember, it's still Nerf or Nothin'. :lol:

[A.Grau] :: TeamNC

#17957 Nerfcenter, I Need Help

Posted by Andy on 02 February 2004 - 08:28 PM in Off Topic

Hey guys, just a note to let you know that I occassionally lurk on these boards to keep afoot of what's going on in the Nerf community. And stop plotting to steal my domains! :rolleyes:

Here's the message I just sent cxwq (which answers most of the questions posed in this thread):

>>
Hey,

We recently switched servers, and I haven't had time to re-upload the Nerfcenter files to the new server. They'll probably be up within the week.

I occasionally stop by NerfHaven to see what's up with the Nerf community, and I noticed some people talking about mirroring the Nerfcenter content on other web sites. Please clarify to them that this is not okay - Nerfcenter will be up again shortly, and I would strongly prefer all of our original content to remain on the NC site.

Also, if any one wants to get ahold of me, have them e-mail agrau@iproductions.net - the NC address is still working, but occasionally it mis-routes mail.

Thanks.
<<

So, um yeah. Nerf on!

::dissappears into the shadows again::

#34756 Nerfcenter

Posted by Andy on 21 August 2004 - 04:32 PM in General Nerf

^^^

I've got a question/suggestion for you Andy.

Since your revamping the site completley, why not add all the old Larami guns, Movie guns, etc to your review index? Most people comsider them Nerf guns anyways and some of them ARE actually now Nerf guns (Airzooka). I think it should be done before some of this things totally disappear.

I know i'd let you borrow my batman gun..

Just a suggestion..

Yep, once we get the normal Nerf guns taken care of, we'll take a look at which other lines we want to cover. It's more or less the matter of obtaining said blasters.

I've got a bunch of Larami guns in my basement, so that's a start.

#34441 Nerfcenter

Posted by Andy on 19 August 2004 - 11:49 AM in General Nerf

Here's a quick peak at our new layout. Of course, it may be subject to change:

2004-2005 Nerfcenter.com Teaser

In case you're wondering what the "fair use agreement" is on the bottom bar - yes, you will be able to use certain Nerfcenter blaster images on your own site once you follow a few simple procedures. We realize our old rules were a little too harsh.

Andy Grau
Nerfcenter.com

#34731 Nerfcenter

Posted by Andy on 21 August 2004 - 11:26 AM in General Nerf

Hey guys,

It's been awhile, but I've decided to get Nerfcenter  In fact, we've already tested the blasters in the Atom Blaster, AirTech, and N-Strike lines, Nerfcenter.com[/URL]

WTF???

If you look at the N-Strike dvd, you'll see that there are in fact 3 more guns being added to the N-Strike line. Hence, it's a "line" of blasters. No, we haven't tested the three more blasters, they aren't out yet (sorta).

I'm fairly certain there's a thread talking about this. In fact, it's right here:
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=2679

#34436 Nerfcenter

Posted by Andy on 19 August 2004 - 11:40 AM in General Nerf

Hey guys,

It's been awhile, but I've decided to get Nerfcenter fired up again. If you haven't noticed, all of our old reviews are accessible once more. We've got a new site layout in the works, and we'll be concentrating our efforts on getting the reviews database up-to-date. Pretty much this means:

News/Reviews WILL be back.
Previews WILL be back.
The NCForums WILL NOT be back.
The Links Database WILL be back.

Concentrating on just a few sections will allow us to keep the site a lot fresher than it has been in the past. Additionally, sites like NerfHaven pick up what we're missing (mods, homemades, forums) quite nicely.

So, you have more quality stock blaster reviews on their way. We're going to concentrate on the blasters which are available at the moment and work our way backwards in time to where we left off. In fact, we've already tested the blasters in the Atom Blaster, AirTech, and N-Strike lines, so look for this info go go up very soon.

As a side note, the admins of NerfHaven have graciously offered to integrate the NCForums archives into NerfHaven. So that information will be available once more.

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions or comments. (apg@nerfcenter.com)

Andy Grau
Nerfcenter.com

#35036 Nerfcenter

Posted by Andy on 24 August 2004 - 01:10 AM in General Nerf

While the old format and color scheme WOULD bring back memories, I'm not sure that nostalgia is Andy's intent by making the NCforums archives available. He was probably just thinking things like mods, advice, etc, would be useful when you're doing research for a new mod or something similar. To tell you the truth, I miss the old NO layout...

I'm pretty sure that since the archived NCForums will be hosted on NerfHaven, they will share the NerfHaven color scheme.

I still have to get off my lazy ass and ftp them to cxwq, to begin with. B)