SirTofu's Content

There have been 365 items by SirTofu (Search limited from 01-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64064 Ammo Belt

Posted by SirTofu on 21 September 2005 - 07:30 PM in Homemades

I searched on this forum thinking I may find something about ammo belts or such, but alas, no results. So, I have a question, what would be the best way to make one and if people here have made one before I would like to know what kind of materials they used. I was thinking of using webbing strap for the belt part, but I run into a problem of what to use to hold the darts. Suggestions and help would be very much appreciated.

#64066 Ammo Belt

Posted by SirTofu on 21 September 2005 - 07:35 PM in Homemades

Tape belts would consist of say electrical tape? Because, that was what my freind suggested, but was wondering if theirs a better idea out there.

#64070 Ammo Belt

Posted by SirTofu on 21 September 2005 - 07:51 PM in Homemades

Thanks for the link. I could not find that using the search engine.

#64136 Question About Ompa's Titan Mod

Posted by SirTofu on 22 September 2005 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

I was looking a ompa's titan mod, and was wondering has anyone tried it with PETG? how did it work? I did not want to necro the thread so I am posting here. And, is there any real difference in performance between petg and PVC? Thanks

#64176 Question About Ompa's Titan Mod

Posted by SirTofu on 23 September 2005 - 02:59 PM in Modifications

Is the pvc and coupler necessary? Im going to try it with just a long piece of petg , as I have no coupler or pvc at the moment. Ill see what happens.....

#64291 Question About Ompa's Titan Mod

Posted by SirTofu on 24 September 2005 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Ok I completed a mod. It was quite easy, easier than a coupler and pvc. Take a foot long piece of petg, sand down the tube that the barrel screws onto. Than take duct tape and carefully wrap it wround a section of the petg(right where the petg is alligned with the edge of the titan barrel). Wrap the duct tape around enough so that the petg can fit inside the barrel but also secures petg in place. Now you can remove the petg and breech load it and you didnt even have to install a coupler and pvc!

Here Are Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#64485 Nerf Bandolier

Posted by SirTofu on 27 September 2005 - 09:09 PM in Homemades

So, after the first few nerf wars I was sick of rummuging through my pockets to pull out a dart. So I thought "why not make a bandolier?". I have a ton of petg and duct tape and a duffle bag strap so why the hell not? I created the TofuLier

I really like the results (even though it doesnt look too spiffy).
Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

What you need:
Duct Tape
Some sort of Webbing strap works best
X pieces of petg
Hot glue

So I cut up the pieces of petg (around 1/2" pieces of petg, since I have 1.5" darts), the pieces do not have to be exact. So Dont even make marks, too much time. I then hotglued each piece down back to back (25 Pieces). I then took a strip of ductape and placed it covering half of the pieces and half touching the underside of the webbing strap. Then I added pieces on the ends for stability, and then any other peices of ductape you would want for stability. Your done! Enjoy it!

#64586 Stefen Dimple

Posted by SirTofu on 29 September 2005 - 04:15 PM in Homemades

Holes in the back = good for air guns
No holes in the back= good for spring guns
That pretty much sums it up.....

#64591 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by SirTofu on 29 September 2005 - 04:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Any music that Is not pop punk, emo, or techno.

#64621 Stefen Dimple

Posted by SirTofu on 29 September 2005 - 07:59 PM in Homemades

Many people on here have reccomended leaving out the holes in darts for usage in spring guns. I tried it, and they work better, and I have no idea why, they just do.

#64840 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by SirTofu on 02 October 2005 - 01:40 PM in Modifications

Just go to nerworld.com and look through mods. You're bound to find it. Yes this is completley sad. Did you not even look for other nerf sites first???

#64849 Stefan Help

Posted by SirTofu on 02 October 2005 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

Maybe this can be of assistance. If it isn't metal than it has to be just has heavy to perform, the only thing he could be concerned is the darts making welts. A weight thats as heavy as metal will still give the same effect. Meaning, that maybe you will just have to limit your range and make stefans without weights.

#64966 Problem With My New Blastfire

Posted by SirTofu on 03 October 2005 - 03:11 PM in Modifications

So i just got my blastfire from ebay. I followed all the priming instructions. When I begin to pump after i have pulled back the green handle, I hear air leaking from the third tube
down. Any solutions to this problem or what it might be?

#64971 Problem With My New Blastfire

Posted by SirTofu on 03 October 2005 - 04:21 PM in Modifications

So I looked at the plastic tubes that connect the barrels and I see no leaks or anything...

So, I put it back together and if i pump it without pulling the green handle back the white thing still gets pushed back by the pump. Is this normal?

#65047 Problem With My New Blastfire

Posted by SirTofu on 04 October 2005 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

Yea, ill search. But is there anyone who is an expert at this and can help me?????

#65062 Problem With My New Blastfire

Posted by SirTofu on 04 October 2005 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

I searched through the forums and the problem was fixed with spraying wd40 down the barrel. Now all i need to fix is the white thing sticking, Im assuming its from it not being alligned correctly.

#65103 Problem With My New Blastfire

Posted by SirTofu on 05 October 2005 - 03:52 PM in Modifications

CXWQ reccomended spraying WD-40 down the gun in an earlier post in another thread, so I decided to try it.

#65104 Performance Problems With Airtech 3k

Posted by SirTofu on 05 October 2005 - 03:56 PM in Modifications

So I took a 3k plugged the pump. Then I got 6" pieces of PETG and put them in the turret. When I pump the gun 5 times and shoot, the stefans immediatley curve to the right. The barrels are straight and my petg I am using is only 1/2" less then cxwq's AT3K, so shouldnt it work fine?

#65108 Performance Problems With Airtech 3k

Posted by SirTofu on 05 October 2005 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

My stefans work perfectly with all my guns, I use 9/16" petg on all guns which fits my stefans nicely. I have to use a ram rod to push down the darts in my guns with long barrels, but I can blow my darts through peices of petg lying around. And yes I cut the orignal barrels to stubs, just like in your mod. The petg is cut straight, and I do push my darts all the way down.

#65111 Performance Problems With Airtech 3k

Posted by SirTofu on 05 October 2005 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

Burn 2 holes in the front and back of backing rod for air guns. Pop a 1/4 weight slingshot bb in the top hole. Put a dome of hot glue on that is made by ice.

#65148 Performance Problems With Airtech 3k

Posted by SirTofu on 05 October 2005 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Tomorrow or someday I shall post pics of my turret. And then you guys can see. Maybe that will help.

#65199 Performance Problems With Airtech 3k

Posted by SirTofu on 06 October 2005 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

The barrels work, It was just an imperfect stefan. It seems the higher the pressure the picker the gun is with stefans.

#65374 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by SirTofu on 09 October 2005 - 01:19 PM in Homemades

To make that catch mechanisim did you have to cut that shape out of aluminum?
And what do you think would be required to take this design and make a clip for it?

#65484 Painted Green & Black Crossbow W/ Matching Lnls

Posted by SirTofu on 10 October 2005 - 08:19 PM in Modifications

What kind of spraypaint or paint was used to make these beauts? I am getting a crossbow from someone and am thinking about painting it two-toned yellow and black.

Sorry, I did not find the info on what you used to paint the guns with before I posted.

But, Did you only use krylon fusion on the crossbow? Nothing else?

#65961 Pick An MP3 Player

Posted by SirTofu on 16 October 2005 - 08:09 PM in Off Topic

none.... RIO KARM FOR LIFE..... yea.

Rio Karma Is probably my favorite DAP. It conforms to your hand, has a 5-band eq, a dock, you can make playlists on the fly, not too shabby battery life, nice audio quality, etc. That, and when I bought it, it was 180$. Now its discontinued.

But Ipods are terrible, terrible, daps. Im not gonna discuss them. As I have posted this discussion in multiple forums.

#66183 Tool Prerequisites

Posted by SirTofu on 20 October 2005 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

Probably the nicest tool you can have is a dremel. Excellent for sanding out insides of barrels as It takes a very short time (espiccally when working with an airtech),

#66283 Airtech 3k Tubing Blown!

Posted by SirTofu on 21 October 2005 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

So I was pumping up my airtech 3 and I heard air leaking. I open it up and what did I see? A neat little slit created in the orange tubing. Now, when I hold this down with my fingers, pump the gun, It will fire. So, will Plumber's goop fix the leak? Or any other reccomendations?

#66303 Airtech 3k Tubing Blown!

Posted by SirTofu on 22 October 2005 - 09:25 AM in Modifications

I am wondering If plumber's goop will fix it as I have other uses for It as well.

#66306 Airtech 3k Tubing Blown!

Posted by SirTofu on 22 October 2005 - 10:08 AM in Modifications

What If I wrapped the slit in E-Tape or something then applied plumber's goop?

#66384 At3k Rotation Mechanisim Screwed Up

Posted by SirTofu on 23 October 2005 - 10:43 AM in Modifications

Ok I fixed the tube on my at3k and began to test it. All of the barrels rotate when twisting it by hand. Most of them work when you pump it. Some of the barrels do not rotate when you do the first pump. I look at the little mechanisim and I see how its screwing up. What happens is the pump latch goes back, then the trigger fires. Somtimes this will screw up the cirular disk with teeth. The left side (one connected to pump latch) moves way back when the trigger is pulled. Then when you move the pump latch up, It sets into the teeth. This means that it is placed into the groove therefore not moving the barrels.

I dont know how to explain it any better. If anyone could help me (maybe some really close up pics of the mechanisim) that would be great.

#66395 Airtech 3k Tubing Blown!

Posted by SirTofu on 23 October 2005 - 12:54 PM in Modifications

what ID tubing?

#66433 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by SirTofu on 23 October 2005 - 04:41 PM in Modifications

Here's My little collection:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66434 Airtech 3k Tubing Blown!

Posted by SirTofu on 23 October 2005 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

I think Im gonna do e-tape then plumbers goop, as many people have said plumbers goop on here.

#66442 Airtech 3k Tubing Blown!

Posted by SirTofu on 23 October 2005 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

Best solution is to replace the whole tube. Bring it to the store, and match the size. To take it off the pump tube, CAREFULLY slit the side, and kind of tear it off. For the other side, carefully unscrew the little piece that holds the tubing on- if you are too rough with it you'll screw off the entire nozzle.

~ompa

How come you can goop up leaks on other guns but not on the AT3K?

#66446 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by SirTofu on 23 October 2005 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

I believe I do. I havent really tested it, though.

#66503 New Edition Airtech 2000

Posted by SirTofu on 24 October 2005 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Have not noticed this. I have both new and old editition 2k's

#66741 Styling Glue Help

Posted by SirTofu on 28 October 2005 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Always use Ice. Ice,ice,ice....

#67232 Minibosses

Posted by SirTofu on 06 November 2005 - 05:33 PM in Off Topic

I shall check this out but, The Advantage for the win. The cover art of the case is awesome....

#71393 Ruffstuff Safe Darts

Posted by SirTofu on 21 January 2006 - 11:35 AM in Modifications

Sorry for necroing, but is the only place you can find these refills at walmart?
Thanks.

#71396 Nerf War Rules

Posted by SirTofu on 21 January 2006 - 12:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes I am sure this has been posted before. However, I did a search in Nerf Wars and no real thread about it. So I am going to ask:

I got into really nerfing last year, have organized two big nerf wars in decatur, GA (probably have not heard of it in nerfing history, ever. However, nerf wars have happened for years around here.). One with about 10+ people. Anyways the rules we have for games just do not work. One of the players (who goes by the name of shrtydrummer2001 on here) who has been nerfing much longer than me has had the plan of 5 lives. When you get hit you have to count to 10, then to 5. This clearly just did not work when it was implemented. Then I had the idea of adding spawn points, were you tap a pole or something and then count to 5. Before then, you can prep your gun, whatever. Now I see that doesn't work because people of course just dont count.

So what rules do you guys use, to make a nerf war as fun, fast paced, and least confusing as it can be?

(I did see the rules for armageddon 2k3 and saw a game called 5-hit, how does that work?)