m14's Content

There have been 87 items by m14 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#164242 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by m14 on 24 July 2008 - 06:59 PM in General Nerf

buzz-bee rapid fire
longshot
tek-six
nightfinder

my rapid fire is my favorite!

my longshot is nearly broken though

#164250 A New Ls Modification.

Posted by m14 on 24 July 2008 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

could i buy one of those? if so, how much?

#180430 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by m14 on 29 September 2008 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

I have a general question about the vulcan. How long can you fire the gun on automatic before the batteries run out?

#180513 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by m14 on 29 September 2008 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

I have a general question about the vulcan. How long can you fire the gun on automatic before the batteries run out?

I've run at least 20 belts on one set of D cells, and each cell still tests out almost as if it were new.

But those were fresh Duracells, bought the day my first Vulcan arrived. A great deal depends on the quality of the cells themselves, but I think you can count on 50+ belts from a good set, likely a lot more.

Note also that when devices based on a battery* of cells like this run down, most of the time only one or two of the cells are really depleted. Any $3 tester can tell you which is which. I wouldn't recommend those free LCD strip things, though - they use up a surprising amount of energy because they're essentially heating elements.

*note that one cell is just a cell - NOT really a battery. There are exceptions, like 9V and lantern batteries, but most of what we often call batteries are really just cells.

Thank you!
Also - as far as it being a "necro" I'm sure I've seen admins say three months, not three weeks. And I'd love for you to post a link to where you claim the answer could be searched out. I think I've read every Vulcan thread ever, and obviously I missed that one ...

#210990 2009 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by m14 on 09 February 2009 - 09:31 PM in Nerf Wars

CODE

June:
20th [VA] Northern VA War

#218751 Lancer: A Product Of Kappa Sigma Armory

Posted by m14 on 19 March 2009 - 06:27 AM in Modifications

Sorry if I'm necroing a topic where the last post was 16 days ago. I don't know how long since the last post is considered to be too long.

Anyway. I have a few questions.

1. Do the pieces around the mag move, like they do in the game lancer and the official prop lancer?
2. How heavy is the gun?
3. Is it awkward to hold?

Thanks in advance for your help.

#180652 Longshot Restrictor Removal

Posted by m14 on 30 September 2008 - 03:25 PM in Modifications

Does anyone think that If I add a Recon and a Nitefinder spring in with the longshot spring that any part of the gun would break? If so, which spring should I take out?

#179533 Fall Dcno

Posted by m14 on 25 September 2008 - 03:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd love to come, but I have plans elsewhere in maryland. I will hopefully be able to go to summer DCNO.

#179259 Fall Dcno

Posted by m14 on 24 September 2008 - 05:28 AM in Nerf Wars

I know I may be the only person who is interested in going that is from northern VA. Could the staff please consider having a nerf war that is closer to me.

#179377 Fall Dcno

Posted by m14 on 24 September 2008 - 08:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Thank you. I'll look in to trying to host a northern VA war.

#180025 Fall Dcno

Posted by m14 on 27 September 2008 - 09:04 PM in Nerf Wars

What kind of big blast mods count as forbidden exactly?

Plugged pump

So you can show up with a shortened barrel, and unplugged pump and you could use it?

#180055 Fall Dcno

Posted by m14 on 27 September 2008 - 10:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Plugged pump

So you can show up with a shortened barrel, and unplugged pump and you could use it?

You can show up with any length barrel, what matters is if it has a plugged pump or not.

Thank you!

#179698 Fall Dcno

Posted by m14 on 26 September 2008 - 05:26 AM in Nerf Wars

#205329 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by m14 on 22 January 2009 - 06:51 AM in General Nerf

Once I finish my uber BBBB mod I will not really need to carry extra guns. I'll post my BBBB when I make it.

#213674 Clusterfuck Of A Longshot

Posted by m14 on 20 February 2009 - 07:15 AM in Modifications

Holy shit! That things looks ugly. I really wouldn't want that thing pointed at me in a war. Excellent job Tantum! I have a few questions though.
1.Do you still use the orginial bolt to prime the Longshot?
2.How hard is it to pump and shoot the Marvelous Salvo?

#218399 Lancer Battle.

Posted by m14 on 17 March 2009 - 06:28 AM in General Nerf

I vote for both of you. I want to see both endings. Both of the Lancers are really well done though.

#207376 Super Cheap And Easy Streamline Dart Mod

Posted by m14 on 28 January 2009 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

I've heard of this "mod" before. I would try it, I just don't have access to metal BBs. It sounds like it works pretty good.

#207551 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by m14 on 29 January 2009 - 09:04 AM in General Nerf

Maybe in 4-8 years you will be serving in a submarine that I helped build or design. I plan on joining the military in either right after high school or after college. I want to be an enginear, so I'm thinking Air Force. Any way I'm not sure what the Navy slogan is, but "Semper Fi, Carry On".

#218792 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by m14 on 19 March 2009 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I was going to host a war, but life caught up with me. I had some things I need to do around the time I was going to host my war. I'd be interested. I live in Leesburg Virginia, so I'm pretty close to DC.

#200305 Nerf Disc Shot+ Nerf Airtect 1000, I Call It The Ds1000

Posted by m14 on 01 January 2009 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

I like the mod. I wouldn't use it as a side arm until I know the ranges with good darts, and good barrel.

#208192 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by m14 on 31 January 2009 - 12:03 PM in General Nerf

I don't know how to help you on the piping front. Just ask your parents if you can go it X hardware store(X=the closest hardware store to you) to look for something. Tell your parents that you are working on a project, and need some things from the hardware store. I know where you are coming from, since I am only 14. Your parents should understand that you are working on a hobby. Nerf is an acceptable hobby to parents, since it isn't illegal(yet). Just remember to follow all your parents' rules about giving away personal info i.e name, address, phone number ect. Also tell them first before you send away money for a trade or whatever, just so they know what is going on. Keeping your parents informed is always a good thing(unless what you are doing is illegal).

#180985 Give Nerfers Some Respect

Posted by m14 on 02 October 2008 - 05:54 AM in General Nerf

I'll say it on a paintball site and see if I get flamed.

Post it on pbnation.com and send me the thread so I can watch :blush:

I will do that.

#180031 Give Nerfers Some Respect

Posted by m14 on 27 September 2008 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

I have found that people laugh at nerfers that are older than like 10. Paintballers gain respect when they play good, but when we talk about how well we did, people just laugh. I think we should get respect for constantly putting our reputations on the line whenever we nerf. We all know that most of us could be more accurate at a farther distance than someone that has spent like hundreds or thousands of dollars making their paintball gun "good". We spend $100 if that making a longshot incredible. We should get the credit, we should get the respect. All they do is buy the parts and then put them in. We may be wusses(sorry I don't know how to spell that), but we have good creative minds. We spend countless hours working on a gun, while they(mostly refering to paintballers, but really any other action pursuit sport like airsoft) just buy a gun, buy upgrades for it, and then insert them into the gun (I felt that point must be made twice). I think we should really get more respect than what we get.

PS: I wasn't sure what categorie to put this in so don't get mad.

#180047 Give Nerfers Some Respect

Posted by m14 on 27 September 2008 - 09:51 PM in General Nerf

What kind of response were you expecting from this post on a NERF forum?

I never expected many or any replies. I just wrote this because i felt it needed to be said. I'll say it on a paintball site and see if I get flamed.

#180060 Give Nerfers Some Respect

Posted by m14 on 27 September 2008 - 10:12 PM in General Nerf

The whole attraction of nerf is that it's totally silly; if you don't realize that, you need to reconsider the way you approach the hobby. Silliness is a GOOD thing; we strip away all the mil-sim bullshit and machismo that surrounds sports like paintball and airsoft, and are left with the thing itself: combat-based TAG. When you don't worry about impressing the rest of the world, you can focus on talent. There is a tremendous amount of synaptic activity on this forum, which is a really special thing in this age of mass mediocrity. I like the fact that we are a pretty underground group, and are likely to stay that way. Geekiness gives us an opportunity to look past the kinds of superficialities that tend to permeate sports. ~Rork

Also, the awesomeness of charging into a hail of enemy fire while dodging shots is something thats unique to Nerfing.

I like your thinking! You make a lot of sense.

#180300 Give Nerfers Some Respect

Posted by m14 on 28 September 2008 - 08:13 PM in General Nerf

We may be wusses(sorry I don't know how to spell that), but we have good creative minds.

Who are you calling a Wuss?

I wasn't calling anybody a wuss. I have been called a wuss by paintballers and airsofters because I play nerf.

#212802 "nerf Dart Tag World Championship"?

Posted by m14 on 16 February 2009 - 04:20 PM in General Nerf

I'm guessing that if someone showed up with a stock Longshot with a stock DTB integrated into it they would reject you. They should have a special bracket for using modified guns, if there were enough.

#200011 Scorpion Bow

Posted by m14 on 31 December 2008 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

I have this gun. I was forced to buy it since after looking at four stores, but not a single BBB. Never mind. I got the gun to work.

#238702 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 26 June 2009 - 06:24 AM in Off Topic

My Brawl friend code is 0903-2547-5246. I may be able to play tonight, but I'm not sure.

#238870 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 27 June 2009 - 09:42 AM in Off Topic

Does anybody want to play some Brawl today at all? Send me a PM if you want to play.

#238941 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 27 June 2009 - 08:38 PM in Off Topic

I don't mean to double-post, but just a reminder that my Brawl night starts in 20 minutes.

#238907 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 27 June 2009 - 04:55 PM in Off Topic

I'm hosting a Brawl night tonight at about 10:00 pm est until 12:00 am est. I'm doing this because I couldn't make it last night. I hope to see some of you there!

#260970 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by m14 on 06 January 2010 - 05:54 PM in General Nerf

With the Nitefinder not being able to shoot Steamlines, that isn't that big of a deal since the Nitefinder doesn't have any sort of thing that goes infront of the dart that would need for the dart to sit far back. That just helps for accuracy.

#260207 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by m14 on 30 December 2009 - 08:12 PM in General Nerf

I think that Hasbro should try the internal design change for a short period of time, and if it doesn't sell the same or more then discontinue the design. As long as Hasbro doesn't raise the price, or change the external design the consumer will be happy.

#200396 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 12:04 AM in Off Topic

This topic is for talking crap about McDonalds, or talking about their coolness. Whichever you want to. By the way Spartan: where do you think I can find that movie?

#200386 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 01 January 2009 - 11:52 PM in Off Topic

Hello people that don't want to talk about nerf related stuff. This topic is about McDonalds. You can say anything you want about McDonalds, jut please don't get off topic.
Why don't they have the decency(sp) to list all of the ingredients in their foods? All I want to know is if there is poop in my Big Mac, or are my french fries cooked in Partially Hydrogenated Oil. Partially Hydrogenated Oils are trans fat. Can't they make the food a little healthier? all I'm really asking for is less than 10% of my daily fats come from one of your burgers. Who cares if the food doesn't taste the same in EVERY SINGLE MCDONALDS restaurant in the country! You can let the food taste good and be healthier at the same time right? I am currently in a boycott of McDonalds.

#200475 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 09:11 AM in Off Topic

I actually work at McDonalds, I hate it, but just so you know, the food may be un-healthy, but we clean the place alot. So there will be no poop in your big macs. Just so you all know.

-Loni

That is very interesting. I think it's good that they clean alot. Just so you know, the poop gets into the meat at the meatpacking plants.

#200480 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 09:19 AM in Off Topic

Imaseoulman, you cannot deny how terrible fast food is for you. It isn't just weight, some people seem to have the illusion that fast food ONLY puts weight on you. The facts PROVE and the studies CLEARLY show that it can pickle your liver, cause Diabetes, cause blood clots, raise your cholesterol, and more. Also don't forget about the sugar, OH THE SUGAR. Why would you even bring up the caffeine. Caffeine is so commonly used one could even not consider it a drug, let alone a harmful drug.
The moral of this kiddies is that eating McDonalds often wont JUST make you put on a few pounds, but can seriously damage your health.

To add on to that: The high amounts of trans fat in their foods siffens(sp) your arteries(sp).

#200587 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 02:59 PM in Off Topic

I'm only ranting on McDonalds because they are the ones that started it all. If the McDonald brothers hadn't sold their company to Ray Kroc, things might be better.

#200627 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 04:51 PM in Off Topic

I'm only ranting on McDonalds because they are the ones that started it all. If the McDonald brothers hadn't sold their company to Ray Kroc, things might be better.

Actually, White Castle was the first when they opened their first location in Wichita, Kansas in 1921.

"The White Castle restaurant in Wichita, Kansas is credited with being the first fast food restaurant, even though the term "fast food" was not used when the restaurant opened in 1921. Hamburgers themselves were not even commonly eaten as they were considered poor quality and even unsafe. Billy Ingram and J. Walter Anderson, the founders of White Castle, created a market demand for burgers and started many of the concepts and conventions still used in the fast food industry today.

Before White Castle and "fast food," hamburgers were sold mostly at fairs and circuses and the public thought of them as cheap food made from scraps of meats that were often improperly cooked. Ingram, along with Anderson, a short-order cook who, in 1916, came up with the hamburger.

Their methods changed public opinion of hamburgers by letting customers watch the burgers being made. They came up with the "5 hole" concept in which 5 holes were formed in each patty to ensure thoroughly cooking of the meat. The attention to safety did help convince the customers to try the burgers. Ingram and Anderson claimed the 5 holes also improved flavor.

The first White Castle burgers had onions in the meat and as they were small in size, it was common to eat more than one. White Castle was not only the first restaurant to serve fast food, but also the first to come up with a marketing slogan for fast food: "Buy 'em by the sack." It was also the first fast food business to use coupons to attract new customers."

Taken from WiseGeek.

I'm sorry. I forgot about White Castle. If there is one thing this post can agree on, is that we should thank Hamburger Charlie.