m14's Content

There have been 87 items by m14 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#261040 Does This Work

Posted by m14 on 06 January 2010 - 10:54 PM in General Nerf

Go ahead and do it, but before you do think about how the heck you are going to prime the thing with so many springs in it.

#260970 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by m14 on 06 January 2010 - 05:54 PM in General Nerf

With the Nitefinder not being able to shoot Steamlines, that isn't that big of a deal since the Nitefinder doesn't have any sort of thing that goes infront of the dart that would need for the dart to sit far back. That just helps for accuracy.

#260207 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by m14 on 30 December 2009 - 08:12 PM in General Nerf

I think that Hasbro should try the internal design change for a short period of time, and if it doesn't sell the same or more then discontinue the design. As long as Hasbro doesn't raise the price, or change the external design the consumer will be happy.

#248524 Adding A Lock Topic To The List Of Options.

Posted by m14 on 25 August 2009 - 01:09 PM in Off Topic

This is a request for the admins to think about adding. Can you(the admins) add a lock topic option to the person the made the topic? They have this on FU, and I personally like. I think it would make your jobs easier. By making the topic creator be able to close his own topic, it would make necroing less common. Please consider it.

#238941 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 27 June 2009 - 08:38 PM in Off Topic

I don't mean to double-post, but just a reminder that my Brawl night starts in 20 minutes.

#238907 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 27 June 2009 - 04:55 PM in Off Topic

I'm hosting a Brawl night tonight at about 10:00 pm est until 12:00 am est. I'm doing this because I couldn't make it last night. I hope to see some of you there!

#238870 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 27 June 2009 - 09:42 AM in Off Topic

Does anybody want to play some Brawl today at all? Send me a PM if you want to play.

#238702 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 26 June 2009 - 06:24 AM in Off Topic

My Brawl friend code is 0903-2547-5246. I may be able to play tonight, but I'm not sure.

#227920 Derby

Posted by m14 on 03 May 2009 - 04:10 PM in Off Topic

Also what horse are you betting on?

Just Mine Bird.

#223282 Easter.

Posted by m14 on 12 April 2009 - 07:55 PM in Off Topic

All I did for Easter is have some food, and play some card games. I'm watching Marley & Me right now. Happy Easter everybody!

#223259 Super Glue

Posted by m14 on 12 April 2009 - 06:31 PM in Off Topic

Maybe you should buy some plastic glue from Games Workshop. That stuff is amazing. It dries super fast.

#221471 Ls+ls Spring Combo

Posted by m14 on 03 April 2009 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

It's really hard to do. I almost got it, but the cap popped off before I was able to screw it on.

#218792 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by m14 on 19 March 2009 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I was going to host a war, but life caught up with me. I had some things I need to do around the time I was going to host my war. I'd be interested. I live in Leesburg Virginia, so I'm pretty close to DC.

#218751 Lancer: A Product Of Kappa Sigma Armory

Posted by m14 on 19 March 2009 - 06:27 AM in Modifications

Sorry if I'm necroing a topic where the last post was 16 days ago. I don't know how long since the last post is considered to be too long.

Anyway. I have a few questions.

1. Do the pieces around the mag move, like they do in the game lancer and the official prop lancer?
2. How heavy is the gun?
3. Is it awkward to hold?

Thanks in advance for your help.

#218399 Lancer Battle.

Posted by m14 on 17 March 2009 - 06:28 AM in General Nerf

I vote for both of you. I want to see both endings. Both of the Lancers are really well done though.

#217010 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 08 March 2009 - 08:29 PM in Nerf Wars

OK. Guys I am canceling NOVA War due to a couple of reasons.

1. I have to wake up at 7:00am the next morning to go to Sterling, so I don't want to be really worn out.
2. My first day of work is on the following Monday. Again, I don't want to be really tired that day.
3. I'm kind of short on money, and any money I get is going toward buying an Xbox360 and a Warhammer army.
4. My behemoth, black, brat of a dog eats my darts, and I'm running low.
5. I will probably have a golf tournament the day after.

There is an alternative event if you still want to come up. I am going to try to play a round of golf at Westpark Golf Club that morning. So you can join me there, and we can play a round of golf instead.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

#215909 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 02 March 2009 - 03:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Just so everyone knows, I'm updating the rules as soon as someone tells me a flaw in them. Again, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

#215858 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 02 March 2009 - 08:50 AM in Nerf Wars

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but some pictures would probably help a lot of us out. I probably won't be playing during the "Military" DM/TDM rounds. Probably won't be staying around for the water gun round, either. That's a lot of different archetypes for one day, but it's your call.

No out loud cursing while at the war.(Sorry Groove, but my mom will be supervising the war. It is her idea, she wants a couple of adults there to be crowd controllers.)

That's fine if you parents want to be present, we're all pretty used to seeing parents at these things. But...why was this directed at me? I do not have Tourette's Syndrome, nor am I a sailor. We're in a public place, so I won't be exposing myself or talking about wild, exotic sexual positions in front of you or your parents, or make up new curse words. You can rest easy.

-Groove
FUCKSHITASSCOCKBALLSACK.

I did not mean for it to be directed at you Groove. It's just you're the only one that is coming that I know curses a decent amount, at least on the forums. The water gun round might happen. I just thought it would be a good way to cool off since it's probably going to be a hot day. The "Military Death Match" and "Military TDM" we can not play if a lot of people don't want to. I can take pictures today, but there are a few problems:
1. Just like the rest of the east coast, there is a lot of snow on the ground.
2. I have problems taking the pictures from my cell phone to the computer.
If I can figure out how, I'll definatly get pictures up soon.
One last thing. I have some guns that I don't want, so if you have a friend that wants to come, but doesn't have any guns I can sell you one.

#215739 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 01 March 2009 - 01:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Here is the address of the place.
407 E. Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176

Could you post the address just so we know exactly where you're planning on hosting it?

Did you read the post? I posted the new address before you asked.

#215551 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 28 February 2009 - 01:47 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't want to double-post, but it has been two weeks since any new posts were added. Anyway. I moved the spot of the war to a park in Leesburg. All the rules still apply.

#215178 The Sneak Shot

Posted by m14 on 26 February 2009 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

Don't you think that putting on a cpvc coupler would make reloading easier? How do you load it right now? Do you put the dart in at the end, and then ramrod it down? Overall, I like the gun. I just think how you have it right now, would make it a pain in the butt to reload.

#213674 Clusterfuck Of A Longshot

Posted by m14 on 20 February 2009 - 07:15 AM in Modifications

Holy shit! That things looks ugly. I really wouldn't want that thing pointed at me in a war. Excellent job Tantum! I have a few questions though.
1.Do you still use the orginial bolt to prime the Longshot?
2.How hard is it to pump and shoot the Marvelous Salvo?

#212802 "nerf Dart Tag World Championship"?

Posted by m14 on 16 February 2009 - 04:20 PM in General Nerf

I'm guessing that if someone showed up with a stock Longshot with a stock DTB integrated into it they would reject you. They should have a special bracket for using modified guns, if there were enough.

#212375 Happy V-day Nerfhaven.

Posted by m14 on 15 February 2009 - 08:31 AM in Off Topic

He could've meant VE-Day(victory in Europe day), or he could've meant VJ-Day(victory in Japan day). You never know, other than he said spread the love.

#212215 Ls In Progress

Posted by m14 on 14 February 2009 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

There isn't any text. Could someone fix it. It's not my thread, but still it needs fixing.

#212214 The Marvelous Magstrike

Posted by m14 on 14 February 2009 - 02:27 PM in Modifications

Holy crap! I personally think you should go the extra mile, and integrate a BBBB into it. I know that would be a doomsday machine, but still. It functions like an angel. I may have to try this when I get a Magstrike. Props dude!

#211714 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 12 February 2009 - 06:41 AM in Nerf Wars

Just put it on my calendar. As long as I don't change residences, I'll most likely be in attendance.

Added you to the list.

#211616 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 11 February 2009 - 09:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Could you maybe provide us with what we need, rules, and time periods?

I will, as soon as I get a location locked. The war is 5 months away, so we do have some time to get every detail worked out.

#211196 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 10 February 2009 - 06:21 PM in Nerf Wars

It doesn't really matter if the location is war friendly or not.

Yes it does.
And the address you provided is for the Church, not Briar Patch Park. Briar Patch Park is not usable because it ALWAYS has kids playing on it as well as people playing Basketball.
I'll scope out the Church facilities. If they'll work as a war site and we can use them, fine.
If they won't then I would recommend Trailside Park (1050 Crestview Dr, Herndon, VA) because it's ALWAYS empty and has a good balance of obstacles and open area.

Parks and common areas in Virginia rarely work well as war sites because the naturally wooded areas are only good for breaking your ankle, and those are then bordered by huge open fields or briar patches.
Trailside is one of the few I've come across that doesn't have those problems, and is obscure enough that it's not constantly swarming with kids. It's grass with evenly spaced trees, picnic tables, a pavilion, one playground, and a bike trail.

Tell me what you think Slug. I can't stress this enough, I don't have the church as a lock for location yet. I'll tell my mom that we may have to move the location to Trailside Park. I'll only move the location if you don't think the church is a good place. PM me your thoughts on the church.

Groove: The church is in Sterling, and I live in Leesburg. I know it's only about 20min. depending on traffic, but I haven't been there in a while where it has been daylight and I've had the time to take pictures. I will have them up as soon as possible, and if Slug gives the O.K. on the place. I'll try to take pictures on Sunday before I head into the building. One last note on the pictures, There is always a decent amount of cars there whenever I'm there so the pictures may have cars where we will be playing.

#210990 2009 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by m14 on 09 February 2009 - 09:31 PM in Nerf Wars

CODE

June:
20th [VA] Northern VA War

#210984 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 09 February 2009 - 09:24 PM in Nerf Wars

You have not yet been to a NIC war, so I'll scout the location sometime this week. I don't remember any of those surrounding areas or facilities being particularly war friendly though.

The park is called "Briar Wood Park", I think. It is off of Sterling Boulovard. Which intersects Route 7.
It doesn't really matter if the location is war friendly or not. We'll still have fun!

Now that the date is definate, you should get this war added to the 2009 Nerf War Schedule.

I will.

#210928 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 09 February 2009 - 06:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Updated!

#210656 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 08 February 2009 - 09:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I took 2 pictures today, but it was getting dark so you can only see what was directly infront of me. If I get a chance to soon, I'll take some pictures during the daylight. The place has a gym that may be available. I'm currently working on securing the place.

#210496 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 08 February 2009 - 03:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I guess I should add that it is my church. There is a Jewish group that meets there on Saturday. The only way the other group would cause problems for us would be parking. They use the upstairs of the church, and we could use the lower, and gravel parking lots. I'll get an address up shortly, along with some pictures if I can take some when it is daylight. If I can get somemore people to come I'll start working out the details other than the date.

#209998 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 06 February 2009 - 09:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Time:10:00am-6:00pm. Feel free to arive before 10. I'll be there at 9:30 to set up.

Here is the address of the place.
407 E. Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176

Again I'll have pictures up as soon as possible.

Banned Blasters:
Singled Titans
SM5k
Pump Plugged Singled BBBB
Homemade Airguns
Converted Water guns(Exception: the Bottle Shot is legal.)

Rules:
Bring your own equipment, unless you have a deal worked out otherwise.
Bring one stock gun.(Subject to change.)
Eye protection mandatory.
Bring at least 100 darts.
No out loud cursing while at the war.(Sorry Groove, but my mom will be supervising the war. It is her idea, she wants a couple of adults there to be crowd controllers.)
Bring a bag lunch, plenty of water, and sunblock.
Bring a stock water gun. (We may play a water round at the end of the day.)
Eye protection mandatory. Eye protection may be prvided if I can find some extra pairs. Normal eye glasses do count as eye protection.

Games:
Deathmatch: 3/15 rule.
Ctf: oo/20. Unlimited lives, count to 20 before restarting. Opponents flag must be put in your flag station to win.
Team Deathmatch: 3/15 rule.
Military Deathmatch: Each player has 3 points toward death. If you get hit in the head, it is 3 points, and you stay where you were killed. Chest and stomach are worth 2 points. Limbs are worth 1 point. Whenever you have reached 3 points or more, you are dead and stay where you took the last hit.
Team Military Deathmatch: Same as Deathmatch except with teams.
King of the Hill: If we use the church we will play this. 3/15 rule. One team is at top of hill, the other team at bottom. The team at the bottom must try to take the hill to win. The team at the top of the hill must hold it to win.
Zombie Revenge: 3/15 rule. It is a team game. Once you get hit, you become a zombie and go after the first person you see. Zombies have infinate lives. Zombies kill by tagging. Secondaries only for this game. Bring a stock gun to fend off zombies(If you want.). Zombies take 1 hit to kill.
For the water round, no rules other than have fun.

Defintate Roster:11
M14 +1
LongShotSn1per(FU)
Bigjuevos(FU)
Galaxy613
Groove
Xbox180
Escassets
Dizzyduck
Crazymonky
BRF726

Maybes: 4
DJ Mashbot
Imperious +1
Zaxbys

If you want to email me feel free to. My email is jeffreywriddlejr@yahoo.com

Questions? Comments? Any other information, please feal free to post.

#209403 Paintball Gatling Gun

Posted by m14 on 04 February 2009 - 07:11 AM in Off Topic

The only way you'd be able to make a Nerf gatling gun, is by making it old school. One of the big cannon size guns. They relied on a hand crank to spin the barrels, with a drop magazine. If you got one to work, you'd have to make the darts really heavy. Plus. For a Nerf war a big gun isn't practical at all. It would be better as an obstacle, than a gun.

#208870 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by m14 on 02 February 2009 - 05:56 AM in Off Topic

First off, in my opinion the Super Bowl wasn't a game until late in the third quarter. Yes, all the penalties is what killed the Cardinals. Lastly, no play from the game could beat David Tyree's helmat catch in triple coverage.

#208638 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by m14 on 01 February 2009 - 02:39 PM in Off Topic

who cares i'll be skiing while this chickenshitbullshit is going down

I hate to open up old wounds, but anyway. I said in my first post, that if you don't like football to keep it to yourself. But you didn't. You could've read the post, and then moved on. Seriously. I'm sorry for getting mad. I just wanted this thread to talk about the game, and any other game related stuff.

#208407 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by m14 on 31 January 2009 - 09:21 PM in Off Topic

I'm rooting for the commercials.

I too am rooting for the commercials. They are making a new version of the classic "Mean Joe Greane" Coke commercial. The new version has Troy Polamallu(sp?)!

#208192 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by m14 on 31 January 2009 - 12:03 PM in General Nerf

I don't know how to help you on the piping front. Just ask your parents if you can go it X hardware store(X=the closest hardware store to you) to look for something. Tell your parents that you are working on a project, and need some things from the hardware store. I know where you are coming from, since I am only 14. Your parents should understand that you are working on a hobby. Nerf is an acceptable hobby to parents, since it isn't illegal(yet). Just remember to follow all your parents' rules about giving away personal info i.e name, address, phone number ect. Also tell them first before you send away money for a trade or whatever, just so they know what is going on. Keeping your parents informed is always a good thing(unless what you are doing is illegal).