Pineapplepies's Content

There have been 132 items by Pineapplepies (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#359151 Caliburn: Mag-fed Pump-action Springer

Posted by Pineapplepies on 10 April 2017 - 06:55 PM in Homemades

Do you think you could put a k14 in this? The power is great but what if we went higher fps, I know some homemade come in at like 230 fps like xellas in coops video so if you wanted to could you actually go the extra mile and use the strongest spring I know of.

#360127 2017 Modification/Homemade Contest

Posted by Pineapplepies on 26 May 2017 - 01:02 PM in General Nerf

I'm confused. What's an "Ultimate" blaster mod writeup? 

In general, though, if you build a blaster and you take the pictures and you write the instructions (i.e. don't copy and paste), you're eligible. Ideally, if your mod is based on someone else's work, you at least have something a little extra to make it "yours." Even if that's mostly an aesthetic addition.

Also, be sure to credit whoever your work is based on.

He is refering to lorddraconials way of calling his "everything basic" type mods, for example: a non-cut, non-painted firestrike with increased seal, padding, spring, ar and lock removal, and nothing besides that. It's a maxed out blaster without any shell painting, reinforcing, or crazy additions, and excludes anything related to replacing or improving parts. It's a extreme sleeper if you know what that is, no modding can be detected unless you look very closely or note the slightly different spring.(In fact this is honestly sort of overpowered in some cases because you can bring it to a stock only war and have it pass for a regular blaster, and the preformence isn't enough different to get you kicked out, but enough to provide more range).

Heh heh, sorry for not explaining that part... What I meant was, all the basic, easy modifications in one big write up (ARs, better seal, spring upgrade, no deadspace, lock removal, reinforcements, and a paint job).
Hope that clears it up... Sorry for the confusion.

Bubba, i would caution you on making a ultimate blaster, because Jwasko said you have to change at least something something to not plaugerize, and as you know drac has MANY videos out there. However, my suggestion would to be is do what you asked about, and then put something crazy, or add some special features and or cosmetics to make it earn more points, because every point counts!

Jwasko, so let me get this straight, are modded water blasters allowed? And like do you have to have an amazing paintjob or colors to get a lot of points in the aesthetics category?

#353909 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by Pineapplepies on 02 June 2016 - 08:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

That's definitely a dislike lol. Is there a best flywheel blaster dart for the rayven?

No not at all I love ACC darts just pointing out that I learned the hard way that they do not like flywheels  :P and koosh darts are good for any flywheels unless you have a flywheel gun with that "rifling" since it seems to catch the head of koosh darts and make everything terrible (so in other words you need to remove that "rifling" or sand it down to use koosh darts but it is worth it and should be done)

#353884 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by Pineapplepies on 01 June 2016 - 07:36 AM in Darts and Barrels

Another thing about ACC darts is that they don't always feed reliably in flywheel blasters.

Yeah not sure if you know this or not but that has been known ever since they were first found as "chunlin" darts. If I remember correctly I was sadly one of the first to find that ACCs don't like flywheels the hard way after my demolisher decided to fling the head about 15 feet while the foam was still stuck in the magazine.

#353960 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 June 2016 - 12:23 PM in Darts and Barrels

I've tried ACCs in my 4B but they just start tumbling mid air everytime

Try cutting them down, that has seemed to help a lot of issues like the one you have run into, and the cut down ACCs/bulleyes(Long live the name 2BlueBros proposed!)also are a little more accurate than full length ACCs

#353499 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 May 2016 - 07:40 AM in Darts and Barrels

At ice nines request here is a link for buying those new artifact darts that have started popping up in different places and are basically cut down ACCs in larger and cheaper amounts(darts sold here have been confirmed to be the artifact darts and I'm not sure if this link will ever go away unless production stops) http://www.buychina....ad-wtvqtuoqlhjm

Edit:not sure if this is considered a taobao link since what is above is the url from taobao on buychina.com but it is translated so it should be less confusing plus these can be shipped to places like Canada too

#360128 JSPB B&B mini-hopper

Posted by Pineapplepies on 26 May 2017 - 01:14 PM in Homemades

This is a design that is easy to make and it can allow firing shots in rapid succession.

Holy crap, not the greatest english, but who cares, this is amazing, mad props man.This looks amazing, if you could post the files you made this from and the parts list, I would imagine the whole community would thank you. Also, besides posting the files, try selling these! I can tell you depending on the price i would buy one of these

Edit:if you are with the JSPB group, tell them their products are great, but it would be appreciated if files for this were given out. I know you want to make profit off of these, but do everyone a favor and allow this to be open source if they want, and give the files out. I can tell you that it won't really impact your sales, in fact you may sell more because there will be many ways you can do it, aggressive and closed marketing is what made sites like tacticoolfoam.com get bad reviews and a bad rep, don't follow that path.

#350897 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 19 January 2016 - 08:00 AM in Darts and Barrels

Looks like the VTNs are lighter so they may not work as well as ACCs out of high velocity blasters, but no way to know for sure but to try.

One thing the ACCs have going is it seems like they have a short stem. This means that a) most of the weight is in the actual tip (better for flight stability) and B) they will bend easier when going through a hopper.

Again, not trying to be rude but above I said Walcoms7 on YouTube did do a review on this type of dart and it worked fine out of his berserk long strike, so yes they do fly as a well as a Fvj but are as aerodynamic as a ACC or bullseye(As 2ndbluesbros proposed and I liked)
Edit:If there was a comparison between the bulleyes and the cut down Fvn darts to slugs and stefans, it would be stefans to Acc, and Fvns being a more aerodynamic slug

#350906 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 19 January 2016 - 01:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

Alright, fine, I'll listen to Walcom's yammering ;)

Anyway, yeah they do seem lo launch well in his video. I would still want to actually see how they fly over long distances, and out of a homemade springer. For instance do they seem to "float" after a while, do they suddenly drop, or do they maintain their velocity nicely like well made hot-glue domes with heavy weights?

Which darts are you talking about, Fvn or bullseyes/ACCs? If you are talking about the darts this post is about, Acc darts, then they fly very straight for the most part. Along with that, these are the most accurate and farthest flying darts I have when fired out of a Titan too so that answers the high powered blaster question.

#352153 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 March 2016 - 04:58 PM in Darts and Barrels

You need the image to be uploaded somewhere on the internet first.  Get that web address.

Then, put [ i m g ] (without the spaces), then the web address, then [ / i m g ] (also without the spaces.  There is also a button above the text field (Next to another button that looks like <>, its a mostly green box) that will help you with this.

I'm guessing you are Artifact Blaster Mod Works from Facebook?  I'm glad you found us on Nerfhaven (I was just recently asking about these same darts I think)
So for the image (from aformentioned facebook page) with the address (Long links automatically get shortened and turned into a hyperlink):

https://scontent-sea...405&oe=5760A425

add the image tags, and it should show up without users needing to use the link:

12592243_1657755167817331_15557831486783

Wait hold up, Just now realized that from the picture it seems Kane has the VTN's I linked above in this post. Kane, if these are In fact not the same as the ACC's can you do some extensive testing (Fire them out of a stock, modded, and homemade blaster and if possible compare them to the black ACC's) on those since I want to know if these are better than the ones Cheerios tested with.

#350846 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 10:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

Oh, ok. So are those better than the china darts? I would think they would be lighter but I haven't weighed them so I'm not sure. I may order some if someone's tested them in the same way as these to make sure they fire from hoppers from homemades as straight as regular Stefans.

Yeah, in a way they are, Walcoms7 did a video on them and I believe they have equal if not more weight(since they head has more volume) They lowest price I have found them for is around the same of the lowest you can find Fvj's for, so these may be a alternative.(Walcoms7's review is on YouTube, look under videos and it should be near the top, although the ones he reviewed were the ones on Amazon. They still are the same dart though)

Edit:Sorry, I didn't read what you said about them firing straight out of a gun until now. Walcom did fire them out of a Longstrike with a Berzerker tank in his review and I believe they fired well.

#351255 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 January 2016 - 12:04 PM in Darts and Barrels

If the one Pineapplepies showed the link to are the same as the ones I got from the link below I can tell you that they are not the same as ACCurate darts.  The red ones have tips that are solid and hard.  Not something I want to be shooting at little kids.

Here are what I bought to test.  
http://www.ebay.com/...b0AAOSwDNdV6TYc

If anyone wants me to cut them open to show just let me know.  

LGN

If you could test how well they work out of a variety of blasters with some being cut down and some being full that would be great. Along with that, I will try and test the same blasters as you with the ACCs I have if you don't have any of the ACCurates/Bullseyes. Finally, If we end up both testing the darts tell me how long you cut them down, what blasters you use, and what angle did you fire them at.

#350844 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 10:09 AM in Darts and Barrels

Those are FVJs, a different kind of dart. They are good as well but not really as good for shooting from heavily modded blasters or homemades.

Yeah, I know they are like Fvjs. I was pointing out if you want a aerodynamic dart and need to fire it out of high powered thing then those are the darts to go with, along with them being more brightly colored.

#350716 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 January 2016 - 10:00 PM in Darts and Barrels

Cool, I have these too and was considering cutting them down and doing the same you did but just didn't. Also, I disagree that these hurt more than slugs, but I am not stating that it isn't possible that they can hurt more. Finally, although it doesn't matter too much, most people including me refer to them as either ACC darts, accurates, or Chunlin darts(after the seller on amazon were originally found) and while I don't mean annoying about it but it may help some to know what exactly these are called or at least have a name for these.

http://www.amazon.co...rts bullet head(where I bought mine)

#350833 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:57 PM in Darts and Barrels

This looks pretty appealing beyond the black foam color.

I know where to find things like with with different colors, only problem is that they are plastic tipped but if you are fine with that here they are. http://www.ebay.com/...a0AAOSw3ydV3LHt

#350843 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 10:05 AM in Darts and Barrels

I have seen both of these on Amazon, and they appear to have solid rubber heads. Not as squishy as these black ones, but still better than FVJs.
http://www.amazon.co...019PIYYRW?psc=1
http://www.amazon.co...VNZRTYW8DEGY2H4

In no way do I mean to be a jerk or rude to you, but I would recommend to get those off of eBay by searching nerf darts bullet head and scrolling down. The price of them gets down to about $4 for 100 and that is about three times less than the ones on Amazon.http://www.ebay.com/...a0AAOSw3ydV3LHt

#352176 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 13 March 2016 - 12:30 PM in Darts and Barrels

In my use of these darts (Black ACCs) cut down, I've had much better luck hoppering them. They fed reliably more than 75% of the time. When I tried to fire them out of my XBZ longstrike, however, I had the tips flying off every other shot, with no dart lasting longer than 2 or 3 shots. I tried reinforcing the darts with straws, and filling the straws with hot glue, and that certainly stopped the heads from flying off. This straw reinforcement gave the darts too much rigidity, though, and they won't hopper at all anymore.

Ok, I would watch the news on those new prototype ACC's that are going to be not black and will have a longer stem.(that will help with the heads flying off) Those darts will probely fix that problem you are having but if you can't wait buy some vinyl tipped nipple darts but do realize they are basically aerodynamic FVJ's:http://www.ebay.com/...C0AAOSw5ZBWLYpW

#348929 Chunlin Darts on Amazon, similar to Xplorer darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 02 October 2015 - 11:53 AM in Darts and Barrels

I have tried them already, and I used them with a slightly modded Demolisher and they seem to hate flywheels and don't really feed them, but are very accurate in blasters like the Firestrike and non-flywheel clip fed blasters.
Edit:Seems like racer was right, they do work in flywheels. I tried the darts in my Stryfe and they worked, but not in the Demoliser though.

#349922 Chunlin Darts on Amazon, similar to Xplorer darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 09 December 2015 - 10:39 AM in Darts and Barrels

Do yo u have the link for the chunlin darts? They've been taken off of amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...rts bullet head

This should work, sorry for not shorting the link to one word but I couldn't find how to do it with the new interface. So if someone knows how to make a long url show up as a single word please tell me.

#350860 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

Good demolisher rewire tutorial: https://www.youtube....h?v=fsj_G2gGxoc

Never rewire while a battery is attached. Follow that rule, and cuttin g a wire will never result in things blowing up.

After a rewire, always test with normal AA batteries first. If they heat up or act weird, you have a short (which would be bad with the various lithium batteries). If everything seems good, then put in your NiMH'lithium/whatever batteries.

"protected" trustfires

Wait so should I not be using the trustfires, or was that just a result of overcharging which is something I am in fact aware of.

#350831 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:35 PM in Modifications

IMRs are good. If used with stock motors use no more than two. Use "dummy batteries" like these, not more AA batteries to fill the other spots.

NIMH  rechargeables like Eneloops are also good. With stock motors you can use four.

Trustfires and Ultrafires are horrible and may explode on you and/or burn your house down.

Well why do you think I got the protected ones? Along with that, could you link a charger for the IMR's if there is any?

#350830 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:33 PM in Modifications

Is this a normal unmodded demolisher, or doesn't have just basic mods (lock removal, etc)?
Mixing batteryou brands and types is never good, mixing trustfire and generic AA could have damaged your motors.
So the question is, does it still rev if you use just generic AA batteries?

Yeah, I know it is not good to mix batteries, I already had a topic about that. Also, Yes, it does still work just fine.

#350806 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 January 2016 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

So some of you may or may not of seen the topic that I posted about my Demolisher not reving as a result of putting trustfires in with regular double A's, and in the end I am forced to buy new batteries. I am wondering, for anyone who uses double A replacement batteries, what would you recommend:Trustfire or ultrafire or IMR? Along with that, does it matter if they are protected? And finally, what charger would you recommend for your favored battery?

#350832 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:44 PM in Modifications

No matter what, a full rewire (or even full internal upgrade including microswitches and a lipo connector) will be complimentary or even required.

Ok, but the only problem is that I don't know where to get the wire for rewiring my Demolisher. I also have not attempted anything like that so if you can tell me where I can find a tutorial on how to rewire and remove locks like the thermoresister that would be great since I don't want to end up blowing my self up when I severe the wrong wire.

#355057 Artifact darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 July 2016 - 07:25 PM in Darts and Barrels

Still hoping for a miracle or design improvement on Artifact's end,  this is the closest the community has ever come to a legit source of darts

Can't agree with you more that a lot of potentially amazing darts have gotten so close to being created then just dropped. Artifact himself came on here and posted about new darts that would of if the design worked and the darts were cheap they would be the best and most bought of darts on the market. But then he kinda just went silent and the prototype new ACCS turned out to be not as rubbery as ACCS and sadly about as pricy as the original. I am wondering if you could try to find a way to weigh them down more by using some magical fairy dust or something non metal to fix the not flying straight at high speeds.

#357938 Magazine pouches, pockets or holsters th at suit the Worker 22 Banana

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 February 2017 - 11:25 AM in General Nerf

I think at the point you're trying to cobble together a goldberg-esque confabulation of molle mag pouches, duct tape, and 2x4's you should just get a nice messenger bag and call it a day.

What's the fun in having a messenger bag when as I said you could theoretically have mags going as far out as you can reach, yeah you would be weighed down but you would never run out of ammo. I would bet a long as you are athletic enough you could last the longest in any hvz if you have enough mags. In fact, I have thought of making a rifle that has two sets of workable flywheels in it as to allow you to fire out of the back magazine well to always have ammo to fire. And that coupled with a setup like this would allow you to last forever in anything not power based

#357879 Magazine pouches, pockets or holsters th at suit the Worker 22 Banana

Posted by Pineapplepies on 07 February 2017 - 04:32 PM in General Nerf

If you stack too many molle pouches on top of one another, they get very awkward very fast, and also since they're soft-sided they start to squish up and make it hard to pull stuff out of the back pouches. I'd really only want to two tiers (Ie pouch on a pouch on a vest/belt) for reliability purposes. But yes, those should hold nerf mags.

I mean I was assuming you would do something about that by making some form of stretching and support system out of wood, or rope, or springs. Something like that, i don't know I am just saying that chances are it would be possible to figure out how to fix that issue.

#357877 Magazine pouches, pockets or holsters th at suit the Worker 22 Banana

Posted by Pineapplepies on 07 February 2017 - 01:36 PM in General Nerf

Any AK/7.62/FAL/M14/308 type mag pouches should hold any nerf mag. For instance, one single stack AK pouch holds one nerf mag, and a double stack pouch for AK mags hold 2 nerf mags. 

This holds 6 18s and lots of other pockets. lots of HVZers use this. 
http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/B005OIBYQM

http://www.ebay.com/...wKKrqVe5hXUfxWg

http://www.ebay.com/...LkAAOSwWnFV91vZ

I remember you recommending this, one question though. I did some more research and since you said that ak mag pouches work, would this one work? I know it's not a rig but personally I would rather get something I can keep adding onto than maximum amount of mags:https://www.amazon.c...molle mag pouch
And would this work for the 22rd worker, 20 buzz bee mag, and 18 round nerf?

Edit:hope this isn't too off topic from the main post but the main post has to do with mags of similar size so this may be a viable option on a molle rig. To my knowledge, you can keep adding mags so theoretically you could have 3 or 4 sets of the thing I listed on a rig and that would be about double the capacity of what you listed, albeit much more expensive but also more versatile and longer lasting, especially good if you are running a rapid strike/hyperfire

#360311 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 June 2017 - 09:47 AM in General Nerf

I am looking for a good way to carry 12 round rival magazine on a battle belt or plate carrier. I don't want to spend $15 on a 3d printed holder for 1-2 mags. I was using these:

https://www.amazon.c...ht holder&psc=1

Which are fine for carrying a few magazines, but I want to carry about a dozen and 12 flashlight holders would use my entire battle belt. What I'm hoping exists is something that will hold 5-6 magazine arranged vertically and only use up 2-3 molle loops. I own a variety of dump pouches/holsters/admin pouches etc and none of them are quite right (they're mostly not tall enough).
  R
What do you guys use to carry rival magazines? I'm open to pretty much any suggestions that will let me carry 10-12 magazines and cost less than $40 total. That can be one big pouch, two small ones, a thigh rig, whatever. I just need it to not take up a ton of real estate since I need to carry other gear as well.

https://www.wish.com...country_code=US

This is exactly what you need, fits your price range, and may be used, HOWEVER. I don't know if it works, all I'm suggesting is you check into these "fast mag" pistol carriers. I know the actual stick mag holsters can get really cheap, and depending on the dimensions of a regular rival magazine as compared to a regular nerf mag, you could potentially just use those. It's up to you, check into the dimensions of the pistol carriers, or go grab a 18 or 12 rounder and see if you could fit rival magazines in that profile.

I would be REALLY eager to know if it works, toadbrew, report back here if it works. Because if so, I think I single handily have found the best option for mag carriers, the 18 stack holders are cheap and good, and if this turns out, then we will have a rival option.

Edit:btw, these are molle compatible, and if anyone knows I WILL HIGHLIGHT THIS HERE BECAUSE I NEED AN IMPORTANT ANSWER. Do anyone know if these holders would work, it says it fits anything from a glock 45 ACP to a 1911

Edit 2:Did some even more research, toad you are lucky, rival 12 mags fit into the dimensions of a 12 mag when put sideways, so remember that discussion the other day about my stuff? Yeah, find cloth 5.56 or 7.62 mag holders, and find a molle vest(if you need I can link you one) and use all of that, I also have a link for a perfect holster that's $15, has storage for 6 of your rival magazines, and is MOLLE compatible on front and back side

Honestly, I am quickly growing to love these fast mag things, they are cheap, useful, can be inverted, and use MOLLE webbing, what more do you need. Now final thing is be warned, I just checked, the width of a rival magazine is too thick to fit into the profile of a regular mag, however that doesn't exactly translate into it not working. You just need to try it out.

#360370 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 05 June 2017 - 09:37 AM in General Nerf

I have condor mag pouches, they are good for dart mags but if you try to put rival mags in them they fall out when you run. Which, unfortunately, is also the case for the paintball pod holding belt. The elastic bands that retain the pods just aren't set up right to hold rival mags since they're longer but thinner. It will be good for when I get a nemesis and have a use for paintball pods though.

I have a pouch that holds 8 rival magazines but not securely once you remove a few, I think I am stuck with that plus using the clips to attach a couple to the rails on my zeus. I might just sew something myself, or make a duct-tape/cardboard thing.

Well dangit. Yeah, I would do that, however. If you are willing to spend the money, I personally would just ask you try out the fast mag things, and quite frankly, if that works you could have dump pouches, AND then these fast mag things holding extra rounds you can just pull out and shoot the balls into the nemesis with the release all button.

#360342 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 June 2017 - 11:44 AM in General Nerf

Interesting. I ordered a paintball pod holder, if that doesn't work I might try those  next.

Well, i mean if you want more holders, use these, that chest rig i linked the other day is actually only $30 or so if you know where to look, and you can get an even cheaper rig if it's just a vest and not a full on rig.

https://www.amazon.c...uct_top?ie=UTF8

These are the holders you want that i know would work for 6 rival mags.

#349827 Using Gen 3 Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 December 2015 - 12:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

Anyone use 3rd generation Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike? I noticed every 6 or so shot out of the my Rapidstrike tend to twirl, spin out, or helicopter.

Anyone else observe this and if so, do you know what the cause is and how to fix it? I wonder if removing the skirt might help?

There is a way to remove the skirt, and although it may not help, I would still do this anyway since removing the skirt lowers the chance jamming by a lot. What you need to do is open up the jam door without a clip in(make sure there is no way the flywheels can activate) and stick you finger in the part where the darts enter into the flywheels. Then bend your finger down and around and then yank it out. If it does not work try getting at it in a different way or use really long needle nose pliers

#349830 Using Gen 3 Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 December 2015 - 02:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking into transitioning to using a Stryfe, but I will probably remove the skirt to see if that fixes the problem. I question whether it will, because I understand that skirt helps center the dart before going through the flywheels and I imagine the spinning out is due to some darts existing the flywheels off center (just a theory).

Also, I never have jamming issues (although I'm just running 6 NiMH cells).

I didn't know that the skirt did that, since it didn't do anything wrong to my freind's Demolisher when I took off the skirt because would not stop jamming.

#358720 Bulk mags

Posted by Pineapplepies on 23 March 2017 - 09:53 AM in General Nerf

OH,  why didn't you say that earlier? Then I'd have gotten the point of your argument earlier.

See, this whole time, I've been under the impression you were hosting a nerf war for your neighbor. Largely based on this post:

If you just want to throw a party do whatever. If you want to throw the war you mentioned originally, and think people will come to play (It's still a fun event/party), then you need to provide some structure. You can let everybody just do the OK-corral thing while waiting for everyone to arrive.

When the people come, assign a portion of them to your neighbor who needs the help. Have someone responsible and capable help escort/push them around if they're in a wheelchair and give them a body guard or 2. If they can use a blaster let them, otherwise try to rig something up on the chair so they can push a button to fire it (or whatever their mobility level allows). Probably no more than 10% of your group should be involved in directly helping them play; otherwise it'll either feel OP or they'll feel like they're being overly helped. It isn't (usually) fun to just win by crushing your overmatched opponent.

Great. Let us know if you need any ideas.

So I think I see what you're getting at - YOU have mag-fed blasters and YOU  want the mags for future use; not for the benefit of the war. See next response.

If you're not made of money why are you even considering buying up possibly junk mags? I'd try buying 1-2 of these to see how they work if I were then going to buy a few dozen. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time/energy/treasure on possible junk when the real thing can be had for ~200% of the cost of these. If you further already have mag-fed blasters and already have a few clips to go with those. I've prefaced and couched my responses every time with something like "Unless you've already got mag-fed stuff..." Nobody needs extra mags, they can use the 1 that comes with the blaster and if they aren't invested in this party enough to be bringing their own kit it's on them if they don't like what you're generous enough to lend them.

You'd be way better off spending the same few bucks on good community darts than on these mags.

1.)Ok thank you for getting what I was saying, so yeah I may try these but hey meaker or anyone else do you know any other cheap mags you can get? We are looking for hopefully less than $10 per mag but ALL OPTIONS ARE WANTED within a reasonable price. 

2.)Well the VIP team needs enough mags, because some of them will be having full loadouts with tac gear and everything, like how I will have that VISM ak mag carrier, so cheap mags are wanted.

3.)Yeah, having extra mags is the thing we need though, because reloading will kill the team or just subject us to a lot of fire.

#358677 Bulk mags

Posted by Pineapplepies on 21 March 2017 - 12:47 PM in General Nerf

I play with just a bunch of kids (+/-70) from the neighborhood and adults (30-40). Trust me, you need to break up into teams. Free-for-all with newbies will just be a brawl with no rules; it'll be fun for all of 20 minutes. Breaking up into teams should take a few minutes; equipment you should get is something to signify teams with. Rolls of colored duct tape or flagging tape are cheap & easy options.

Also, This is literally 4 topics up from yours right now. If you've never run a war, two-team CTF is a game that everyone should already understand so it'd be easy to play. Do 3-hits and 30-seconds counting at each team's base to respawn if you have the numbers you think you will; 15 seconds if you have 20 or less. The 'flags' should be heavy and/or awkward things (yoga balls, Giant 10+' tall flags, medicine balls, a folding table & chairs, etc. etc.) if you're in a field you can sprint across in a few seconds, they can be regular flags if not.

Then thin the heard on the VIP team. If you can wipe the enemy team solo, you be the VIP team.

In our games, I have wiped entire opposing teams. I have also been knocked out a ton of times. The trick to having fun is that the other teams get players like me too - you've got to spread the older guys around, spread the more experienced guys around, spread the better equipped guys around, and spread the less experienced cannon fodder around. That'll keep the teams balanced, which is more fun than unbalanced.

If you're all doing this for the enjoyment of 1 person, then you and other volunteers be on the opposite team and throw the game in their favor. If you stack their team against a bunch of unprepared neighborhood kids those kids will not have fun and will throw the game for you - by leaving. Not fun.

It'd not a challenge to have mag fed blasters vs. not mag fed blasters. All blasters that operate in similar ways (Spring, Flywheel, H/LPA) have similar performance characteristics, and all modern NERF stock blasters fire within margin of error of the same. It's just the loading mech that is different, and I'm telling you, I played with a kid who had a rapidstrike in his backpack. He was using a strongarm or something instead because he said the RS jammed all the time. The challenge would just be in spending lots of time carefully modding and teaching all the kids to use a blaster they can't use properly anyway because they're impatient and their strength/dexterity isn't developed enough to handle them in the heat of the war without extensive training (basically, unless they own and play with the things all the time).

Why give the pros anything? Let them bring their own gear. Everyone should bring his/her own gear, and if they don't have anything but still care to show up and play you should have enough loaner front-loaders to hand out. My friend (who is the host of aforementioned war) says roughcuts work best; I've seen my 4-yo use one. But they're fickle about darts; IMO a strongarm, hammershot, triad, or disrupter are probably the best bets. Maybe Magnum-40's. Ask your pro friends if they have loaners they can provide and you won't even need to buy anything.

1.)I don't think you are exactly getting the point, there is a reason why we are doing free for all and that is because we are modeling this after a water ballon war we had last year where everyone just went everywhere, no organized play, no teams, except for me and a few friends that stuck together and basically recked shop, however I will need to run this by with my neighbor. But that being said I may think of doing the fun part then the actual game part. You are right, the water war lasted for about 20 minutes and then fizzled out. I mean part of it is that I just don't think most people will be coming for nerf, my friends and a select few people from the neighborhood are there for the nerf guns and war, but people are there for my neighbor, and to have fun, not to have a team. You need to bear in mind my neighbor also can barely move and likely will be in a wheelchair and have sort of a convey of the pros, hence why we have them in the first place. 

2.)That being said you are right, I will work on balancing the pros a bit more.

3.)I don't know, all I know is I need mags and I'm wondering if these actually work, yes and again do realize the standard of the stuff I already have, plus I have a bunch of mags so to be able to use the same exact thing, so in the future when I get to use them on my own I will be able to use my mags too and they will be actually useful.

4.)Meaker, I'm not made of money, right now the cheapest thing with the most value would be these clips if they work, and a champion, almost all blasters I have are mag compatible, I'm wondering if these mags work and that is all, and most of the pros have stuff, but some don't and just are good players because of sports or paintball/airsoft

#358670 Bulk mags

Posted by Pineapplepies on 21 March 2017 - 08:15 AM in General Nerf

I find 2-team battles go better than free-for-alls, FYI. Even just for fun. Gunslinger could also be a better round.

You keep trying to compromise between people: I'm telling you, I've shown up fully loaded and done just as well as a guy with a single triad. It's about the individual player's playstyle, not their equipment, and they'll adjust to how well/not well equipped they are.

I'm having a hard time understanding that. I find strongarms (or similar) at thrift stores all the time for a few bucks, and Triads, Strongarms and Hammershots are all valid secondaries even if you go mag-fed. All three will pretty well match most unmodded mag-fed blasters (buzz bee is the exception) and are just  as 'useful', you just can't carry as much ammo. Big deal, everyone scavenges more often.

For the cost of mags alone you could pick up triads for everybody and call it a day. Unless you already have the mag-fed blasters, get/use something else, and even if you do I'd strongly consider picking up some non-mag fed blasters.

I don't think this will go the way you think it will go. Just because it's a special event doesn't mean everyone will suddenly not be terrible at using mag-fed blasters. If you want to make it special for your neighbor, make sure it works for everyone and limit possible frustration points. Give the neighbor the only mag fed blaster and clips and teach them how to use it, so they get to have extra-fun.

1.)Well free for all is most likely what we are going to be doing because it's just a group of people from the neighborhood, including fairly old adults(40-50), however we may try gamemodes, speaking of which does anyone know a database for different gamemodes?

2.)Fair enough, but the thing is that we need something mag fed to level the playing ground, I know very well I excel at this because of my skill not my blasters, although that amplifies it. The problem with non-mag fed is that the point of having a VIP team and getting loaners is so we actually have fun, and have to work together rather than wipe the floor with everyone just because we have access to many guns. Trust me, I know the people we are going against, myself alone I could take down about 5-6 players with a triad and we are talking about 10 people on the VIP team

3.)Hmmmmmmm, it's an option but I still feel it would be better if we get mag fed blasters to allow an actual challenge.

4.)Then again we could also just give the pros these, but that being said either way we need to get mags, even if it's for less people which was why I asked for cheap mags and wanted to know if these work

#358749 Bulk mags

Posted by Pineapplepies on 24 March 2017 - 09:17 AM in General Nerf

Here are the clips you are looking for. The flip-kits come with (2) 12's and apparently resale @ ~$14. If you find them on sale locally, they'll be less.

Why does the VIP team need full loadouts? Why don't you be the VIP escort? You've already got the gear, you've said you're not made of money and doing full loadouts isn't cheap, and there's a distinct possibility you won't have so many people that you need a large team escorting your VIP. Play more of a scavenger-type game and run jungle mags.

If everyone has only a few clips, then everyone will need to reload and you'll be fine. Even barring that, I'm telling you, a guy with a triad was just as deadly during at least one round in my last war as I was with a rapid madness and hundreds of rounds. Equipment does not matter; the player (and terrain, and moderation of the game) does.

1.)Well meaker yeah I agree with shandsgator, don't go that far, the skill of the player does in fact matter, but it's better if you know your equipment, I can tell you right now I could win 1 one 1 as an inexperienced player with perfect gear for my play style versus someone with less gear but much better. You just got to know how to move and think quickly, and more gear with good tactics equals win win. For example, I'm not an incredibly good player, and I am not as good as some of the people on here, but I can tell you I can take on and beat others as long as my gear is good enough, and even if not, I spend time studying different types of people, I can learn how to be like someone then I can tell how to beat them, and this can all be done as a noob as long as you get the right gear. The player makes the game function and makes the moves, but the equipment makes the player. 

A pro with a triad can not win against someone with a noob who knows their gear even if they are new. Gear>player skill as long as you know your pros and cons to your loadout. In real steel and in nerf, a new loser can win against pro with a pistol as long as they know how not to get too close.

2.)the VIP team consists of people who have the blasters they need to do well, that are mag fed, but not enough mags.

3.)Thank you, but I'm looking for something cheaper, I said we need a lot, not high quality, even with the crap mages I can get about 5-6 for the same price.

I wouldn't go THAT far, but your point is well noted. I've noticed how teamwork, physical conditioning and strategy can easily trump equipment. But on the flipside, If you have the right set up, you can absolute demolish your opposition that isn't well equipped, even if they are in better physical condition and are an overall "better" player.

Yes, that's half and half what I'm saying, what meaker is saying most certainly matters, but there are many cases where in the end you can't beat someone who has better gear even if you can move fast. It takes an exceptionally good player to make the situations where ungeared players can beat overgeared players, and those situations are not present in this war so gear and mags matter.

#358873 Bulk mags

Posted by Pineapplepies on 29 March 2017 - 04:45 AM in General Nerf

I have these mags. They only fit in a rebelle rapid red without modification. Any other blaster would need the mag modded. They only hold 11 but can be modded for 14. They function fine with the only complaint being that they are very brittle. They will not survive a 3 to 4 foot drop on any hard surface. They also normally come from China and take a long time to get them. Hope this helps. NERF on!

Ok cool, thank you for being the only one who got the point of this topic. All those down sides are ok, and could you link me or show me how to mod so they hold 14? Also the brittleness is ok, we are going to be on a street and lawns so for the most part we won't have a hard surface they can drop on, do you think a few layers of duct tape would fix the brittleness.

Triads are great for having your opponent under-estimate you. Quick to front load due to small size, and that lower middle barrel (first barrel in the smart AR cycle) can launch darts far better than most other elite blasters stock. They really are exceptional to have, and as long as you use cover, you'll be tactically as effective if you know what you're doing as someone with a lipo powered brushless arduino controlled stryfe which launches darts at glass ceiling velocities.
Skill is a much greater force multiplier than gear.
Now, take someone who knows what they're doing with a triad and hand them the Uber tricked out controllable dart hose and you will have a one man army. Why? If he knows what he's doing with a triad, his gear is simply a multiplier to his skill and not a crutch to cover up weaknesses in tactical and teamwork ability.

I think you are missing the point of why I posted this, I'm not here to argue that, I'm here to ask if it would be even possible to use these. You see I don't care about wether or not a triad can beat a person with a super stryfe based on skill, all I needed to know was if it was even possible to use these NO MATTER HOW PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT THEM. My neighbor has cancer that will kill him, we don't have the time or money to get anything except cheap stuff, so that's why I just need to know if they work or 100% no matter what I do they can't work

What? What? I thought I just told you - I saw a guy wreck with just a triad against noobs with good gear. I saw another guy with just a hammershot hold off me and my whole team. I've got good gear, and I'm not a noob.

The one caveat I'll grant you is that we're playing in heavy cover indoors. The guy who held me off? Hiding behind a 3/4 lite door - we couldn't charge him because his door was covering a kill-zone lobby that would've gotten us mowed down by other people in other cover. My buddy with a triad? In a stairwell plinking at people as they ran by. Still, provide good cover and you'll find that good loaner gear (that can break, is expensive, can fail, etc.) is not necessary.

What's "not enough"? I'm considering running a double-stack 18 for my next run. That's it. 36 rounds in two stacks. The blasters should have the mags they came with, right?

Those are the cheapest reliable mags I'll (or anyone I've seen reply to this same question) recommend.

Just split the teams! Make it so the heavily geared people are evenly split, no money required, you've solved the issue.

Ok ok, you don't have to get angered I just don't really have that money, it's not me who is paying for all this, I'm a teenager, I don't make that much money. My parents, neighbor, a few people who are donating, and a few aunts and uncles are paying for this, so the less money we have to ask for the better. You point is valid, I'm not arguing here I'm just saying that doesn't matter in the situation we are in, to my knowledge, everyone is on a similar level of experience. So I'm saying I think the gear matters because everyone isn't really a "pro" like you or me because most of them haven't even used nerf guns before, the people who have haven't done it much because they have wars with me and we don't do that often. I mean there are exceptions, but for the most part I would say I am going to have the most gear and experience since I have had many wars, at least 6-7 more than anyone else in the group that comes. I will take your advice on splitting the teams though.

This is going to be such a fun event, plenty of jammed mags for everyone.

Edit: If you are going to just ignore what everyone says and insist the cheapo knock off mags are great why did you make a thread asking about cheapo knockoff mags? Just buy them, either they will work or they won't.

Well thanks for the unending support toad, have a great next war too and if you want to how one try running into the same problems I have and get back to me. I'm not fully insisting them, no on except the person who made the first quote on my post understands why I'm here, I'm here to buy a very cheap mags, preferablely the cheapest which is why I linked this one. I'm not here to argue what is better or what is worst, and we deal with mag jams, so what, it will make it more usable and we will be able to use them again and again if we get mags.

#358924 Bulk mags

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 March 2017 - 03:56 PM in General Nerf

Bump for above because apparently it decided not to actually register that I posted
Edit:mod please condense post, I am honestly not sure why it posted twice, then also wouldn't register

#358957 Bulk mags

Posted by Pineapplepies on 01 April 2017 - 05:43 AM in General Nerf

I have run three wars, most of which had over 30 people of varying ages, nerf experience, and enthusiasm, some with very little budget. I will say to you again, from experience, it is not your job as host to make sure everyone who shows up has a gear loadout that you think is optimal.  Most of the people coming should be bringing their own blasters, and the available loaners for people who don't should not be magazine fed, especially not fed from cheapo magazines that don't correctly fit or feed. If you want advice on running a war, I am happy to tell you everything I know and I am sure plenty of other people would be as well. If you want me to tell you you're making great decisions by buying bulk mags to use in loaners, that's not going to happen. That wouldn't be support, that would be me lying to you and encouraging you to waste your money. People will come to wars with a jolt and have fun. Fun is what you should be going for here. You're not training elite nerf teams for Endwar or a trip to the SENC. You're having a fun event for mostly non-competitive nerfers to benefit a dying friend. You would probably be better off banning magazine fed blasters rather than trying to ensure there are enough for everyone.

Ok, I think I finally get the point you are getting across, then that decides it. I will still be getting mags, because the main problem is banning mags would just decrease the amount of blasters available by about two thirds and that's not a good idea when I know for a fact a bunch of people won't have blasters. However I think I'm going to take your advice and for the loaners I'm going to get some sort of non-mag fed blaster.

Still, my point was I think it would have been smarter if I provided mag fed blasters because although this is a one time thing, i don't have the intention of letting people keep these, so my thought was that it is smarter to get something I can use more and quite possibly mod them later on. Like for example I was planning on getting champions, and if I did I would be able to theoretically mod every single one to hell and back with pump grips and everything if I ever took a small group of friends with me to endwar.

Thank you for the advice though

Edit:and in case you didn't get it, I meant I'm getting mags still because we need enough for the existing blasters we have, but perhaps not for everyone