Philote's Content

There have been 202 items by Philote (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#159868 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Philote on 20 June 2008 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

Behold! I give you: The Noob Tube!!!
Posted Image
On my FireFly:
Posted Image
Yeah, it's hella ugly, but it works!

#155503 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Philote on 11 May 2008 - 05:33 PM in Modifications

Here you go Haven, My first actual contribution.
http://img254.images...=photo65tc0.jpg

#165361 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Philote on 30 July 2008 - 10:14 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

My new sidearm, the scout has OfAll's mod and the SSPB's are stock.

#255087 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 01 November 2009 - 03:14 PM in Off Topic

Pretty good idea on Infinity Ward's part for releasing the day before Veteran's day, allowing people the alloted day off from school to purchase and play the game. I have pre-ordered it and payed in full, and will be picking it up the day it comes out.
GT: Alaska1231
On a side note, if any ODST owners are wishing to complete Vidmaster challenges, I would happily help in the effort, just reply if your game.

#208167 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 31 January 2009 - 10:33 AM in Off Topic

Do you use Ethernet or a Wireless Network?
If it is wireless, try changing your network settings, like IP Address, DSN Settings, Or just turn your modem off then on again.
If it is Ethernet, I can't help you.
Hey, As of yesterday, I've been here exactly one year. Cool.

#202304 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 10 January 2009 - 09:22 AM in Off Topic

I'd like to apologize for leaving early last night, apparently my XBox "Couldn't connect to my wireless network with a Static IP address." The 4-5 I did get with everyone were fun, and I look forward to Halo 3 tonight. If it is possible, I would also vote for moving the time forward to 8 PM to accommodate for my ill-tempered wireless connection. STG-44 FTW.

#201030 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 04 January 2009 - 12:46 PM in Off Topic

What the heck, I'll through my name up here as well.

Gamertag: Alaska1231 (Don't ask)

I usually play:

+Halo 3
+Halo 2
+Halo (Not much anymore)
+CoD 4
+Cod WaW
+BF Bad Company(I suck)
+TF2
I have some pretty cool Halo 3 custom variants that i need to try out and this is a pretty good opportunity to do so.
(ph33r meh M40 of D00M!!!11!one!!!)
Ill add you as soon as I can Horus. Put me down for any event you might have in the future.

#205180 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 21 January 2009 - 05:38 PM in Off Topic

Last night was very fun, but I can't make it tonight, sorry.
Vistagecko... you and your Juggernaut. I thought the game on Backlot was the most fun.

#204985 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 20 January 2009 - 05:25 PM in Off Topic

I'll try to make it, I won't be there long, I have school tomorrow. I'll see how long I can stay.

If anyone is interested, I read on CoD 4 Central about 2-Man Firing Teams, and have been wanting to try it out.
Big Team Death Match :D

#161023 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 30 June 2008 - 06:51 PM in General Nerf

I supose it's pointless to let this thread die, no matter how hard you people (myself included) try, It's gonna keep coming back. But now that there's actually news, I guess I could post some questions/remarks.
1. In both Youtube videos, it doesn't appear to be firing sonic whistlers, but Micros.
2. Does the barrel come off? I thought this was mentioned some where but I'm not sure...
3. the ends of the chain DO look different, but both sides look the same, so I don't think they'll fit into eachother.
4. To contradict my previous statement, the kid on the extra ammo pack has the chains connected over his shoulder. HOWEVER there is a little dead space between the two chains, leading me to believe that the chains are not directly connected.
END

#163388 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 20 July 2008 - 10:02 AM in General Nerf

No, that doesnt mean that... It could just be for advertising for those trying to get all the nstrike guns...

:D

#160696 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 27 June 2008 - 04:45 PM in General Nerf

Those designs sound really cool,but instead of spending 100 dollars on a project like that, why not just wait for the real vulcan to be released and pay $40? I think we can wait. But it's always cool to design stuff.

My guess, the "long-can" will be more compact than the actual vulcan creating a (drum roll please) NERF AK-47!!!!

How would that be anything like an AK 47? AK's aren't belt-fed...

I at first assumed that it would be magazine fed.

I think it would be more like a SAW than an AK-47...
Hey wait a second! Damn, I posted in it too....crap.

#144240 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 07 March 2008 - 07:10 PM in General Nerf

I think that the Vulcan is going to be a lot like BioShock. [b][Warning Opinionated Content] It is already over-hyped, and will most likely fall short of what is expected. This is not to say it will suck completely, I mean, i want one. Badly. But that is just me.

EDIT: I had no intention of this escalating into a video game related post chain,or anything so sorry if I did.

#162972 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 16 July 2008 - 07:58 AM in General Nerf

I like how like no one on NHQ has asked him to open it...
We need internals for the damned thing. I could care less about external shots.

If I were him, I wouldn't open it unless I had more than one...
Its a new gun, and, from my experiences, something can go wrong just from opening and closing a gun.
No reason to trash a perfectly good gun. If it's anything like the Internals of a LS complexity wise, the smallest piece that could be lost, makes all the difference.
WHY THE HELL DO WE CARE IF A STOCK WOULD INCREASE ACCURACY OR NOT IF THE VULCAN DOES NOT HAVE ONE???

#151125 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 14 April 2008 - 01:44 PM in General Nerf

I'm not sure weither this has been said or not, but in the picture, the ammo box is not attached(i know thats been said), but maybe the box is there so more ammo belts(which are totally badass) could be added, and I think the little switch on the trigger is the full auto/semi auto switch.
EDIT: Good luck opening it up to get to the inside. :lol:. I will have to add this to my TF2 Nerfed Video collection as the heavy weapons guy.
EDIT II: Now that i think about it, the box is probably a housing for the batteries, allowing the gun to be full auto, pardon me if this has been suggested already.

#160018 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 22 June 2008 - 07:32 PM in General Nerf

I believe an admin should CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW!!! No car batteries, no speculations, no re-posts, CLOSE THIS PLEASE. Do us all a favor. When someone actually does get this gun, make a new thread about it. This is getting out of hand, and I believe OMC said about 40 posts ago that he would ban the next person to post here. There, I said it. This is in the wrong place, but whatever. Grrr. There.... I'm done, good night,

#144418 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 09 March 2008 - 11:18 AM in General Nerf

eat shit! Any-who I really cant wait for this to come out, and [not sure if this has been said already] would it be possible to link the chains together at the ends?

Do you really think any of us know if the chains can link together? None of us own this gun.

Well I'm sorry I don't posses the psychic mid-reading ability that would allow me to know that anyone here couldn't make an accurate guess based on pictures of it, while some people are calculating its RoF with ridiculously complicated algorithms. Sorry to sound like an ass. :mellow:

#155249 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 09 May 2008 - 01:36 PM in General Nerf

Oh wow guys, I am really sorry about that post. That must have been my brother who got on my account when I left the computer on. Im really sorry about that and if you decide to ban me, just do it knowing that it was not me who posted and that I'm real sorry about all this.

Thanks, we instantly forgive you.

#144353 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 08 March 2008 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

Before making assertions about physics, learn what you're talking about.

Voltage = Current * Resistance

Amps = Amount of Electricity flowing per second

Voltage = potential difference. Aka, the maximum possible output of electricity.

That is why you can be shocked with 355000 volts of electricity, and not die.

Migher amps= More spring compressing power.
More Voltage= Higher rof.

Voltage is how fast the electricity is moving, amps is the amount of electricity, So your gun was having 9 times faster of a curent, but small gun with an already small spring, does not need more amps, the Vulcan (presumably) would. So a balance would need to be found.

Also, 6 D batteries when wired in parallel have a voltage of 9, the same as a single 9v battery. If you are using 3 9 volts, the amps change. I = V/R. 27/R is larger than 9/R.

Let me reiterate: The only thing that is constant in batteries is the VOLTAGE. The resistance and current all depend on the circuit.

One battery does not have more amps than another, since amps depend on the circuit. Please, stop confusing people.

LastManAlive, your pistol started going faster because you added more potential difference to it. AAAA - D batteries all have a potential difference of 1.5V each, just with a different amount of capacitance.

1 Car battery = 12V, current in gun = 12/R

6 D Batteries = 9V, current in gun = 9/R

1 9V Battery = 9V, current in gun = 9/R

That being said, I do not recommend doing anything past 9v on this gun, you don't want the damage the circuits and motor. It will heat up and can eventually break much faster is a larger voltage is used.

eat shit! Any-who I really cant wait for this to come out, and [not sure if this has been said already] would it be possible to link the chains together at the ends?

#144242 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 07 March 2008 - 07:25 PM in General Nerf

I think that the Vulcan is going to be a lot like BioShock. [b][Warning Opinionated Content] It is already over-hyped, and will most likely fall short of what is expected. This is not to say it will suck completely, I mean, i want one. Badly. But that is just me.

The game you're talking about is Assassin's Creed.

Ahhh... yes, Im not very fond of that, or Halo3 either...
But, as said before, have some patience. It'll get here when it gets here...But i live on the East Coast so "when it gets here" may be longer....damn...

#214739 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Philote on 24 February 2009 - 07:03 PM in General Nerf

Finally, a pump action/clip fed blaster!
It loads like a FG-42.
The thought of one of those drum mags on my new Longshot is
.... for lack of a better word... cool.

#163198 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Philote on 18 July 2008 - 09:23 AM in General Nerf

+Longshot- Angel breech, etc etc (I got my act together and modded one correctly)
+RF20- Tactical rail integration
+IM Magstrike- Clip AR's removed
+3NF's - the works.
+ Singled Titan
+ 2 stock Mavs- Meh.
+ xBow parts
+2 Recons- meh.
+Double Hornet- Write up when/if I feel like it.

#170386 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Philote on 18 August 2008 - 05:54 PM in Off Topic

I second that Mensch.
i would also vote for Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3, Super Metroid, Warcraft 3, Duke Nukem, and Quake 4.
C'mon! I can't believe no one mentioned Any Metroid Game yet!
EDIT: Sorry AssassinNF. However the first Metroid Prime is the better of the 2. (Metroid Prime 2 never happened.)

#170400 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Philote on 18 August 2008 - 06:44 PM in Off Topic

Another word. Fail.
I suppose you didn't read BomberMan's Post. I would also add Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash to this list.
And the WindWaker.

#183670 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Philote on 14 October 2008 - 04:05 PM in Off Topic

starcraft

runner ups in no perticular order

golden eye
hotwheels turbo racing
zelda series
star wars clone wars
warcraft (tree tag custom)

Tree Tag FTW. If you haven't played rabbits vs. sheep do it. NOW.
Are you talking about the first clone wars game for the GC? The one with the only vehicle multiplayer?
If so, that was another good one. *Applause* to those of you who said Half-Life or Portal.

#170919 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Philote on 20 August 2008 - 11:49 AM in Off Topic

I will personally hunt down, kill, and mummify the next person who uses the Words " Halo, Halo2, or Halo3" in this thread.
Painkiller.Ninja Stars and Lightning.

Hmmm, well, as you can see by my name, I eat, drink, inhale, exhale, and praise Halo, so being that, I would have to respond to this outrage of a post by driving a large nail into the temple of the sayer of it. But seeing as I don't know where you live, I'm going to have to vent my feelings by telling the sayer to fuck off and get some taste in video games.

No hard feelings or anything ;)

Oh and Timesplitters 2 is pretty great.

I have nothing against Halo. It is a good game, In fact I'm getting the IWHBYD skull as I type. I just don't think it is the best Game ever and therefore should not be used in this thread. Especially because the Halo 2 campaign sucks. And time splitters2 was a good game. :D

#170689 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Philote on 19 August 2008 - 04:19 PM in Off Topic

I will personally hunt down, kill, and mummify the next person who uses the Words " Halo, Halo2, or Halo3" in this thread.
Painkiller.Ninja Stars and Lightning.

#144251 Music

Posted by Philote on 07 March 2008 - 08:30 PM in Off Topic

Music is quite possibly one of the most important things in my life, and I like top keep my ears open. As for bands:

-Led Zeppelin
-Pink Floyd :D
-The Beatles
-The Police
-Primus
-Van Halen
-Pink floyd....they deserve to be on here twice
-Eric Clapton/Cream
-Eric Johnson

#147124 Primary Guns

Posted by Philote on 26 March 2008 - 04:30 PM in General Nerf

My FA24-esque longshot with the modular clip on bottom. Still ironing out the kinks. :ph34r:

#166427 New Nerfer Database

Posted by Philote on 04 August 2008 - 10:20 AM in General Nerf

I'm in too! This is cool! Plymouth County Nerfers, where are you?????

#166506 New Nerfer Database

Posted by Philote on 04 August 2008 - 02:04 PM in General Nerf

Wow, I'm the only one in MA so far. Damnit.

#148849 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Philote on 02 April 2008 - 04:02 PM in General Nerf

My first Nerf gun actually wasn't Nerf brand, it was a Koosh Firestorm. I sold it at a garage sale for $1 with all the ammo-rings...I'm a little mad at my younger self.

I rember it shooting (at an angle) from my door to our shed, which I just messured the other day and its around 95 feet.

Not to be a nit-picker, but technically that wouldn't be your first Nerf gun.

ON TOPIC: My first nerf gun was the Unity Combo thingy..., I still regret getting rid of it.

#161763 Midsummer Caff 2008 - Recap

Posted by Philote on 06 July 2008 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

no no, I was merely pointing out we won't really have to work hard to put down any resistance on our own soil. And yeah, I guess I could cop that little factor up to the "powers that be", But who are we to turn aside the favor of the nerf gods. I guess all those years of Bags sacrificing plushies on a foam altar will finally come to fruition.

Careful, this kind of talk is how civil wars get started.....
Since I live on a distant planet inside an ansible on the East coast in an Un-Nerfing wasteland known as the South Shore, I am signing my own nuetrality act...
But hey... Every team that has come to Gillette Stadium in the winter has lost to the Pats.
Put me down as a pending, We are travelling to Michigan within that time, but I was given the option not to go.

#161694 Favorite Video Game Weapon

Posted by Philote on 06 July 2008 - 12:02 PM in Off Topic

I also like the Broken Butterfly from Resident Evil 4 and the Super Missle From Metroid Prime.
Halo3 unbeatable combo: Shotgun+ loser rifle. And Battle Crusiers from Starcraft.

#156824 Favorite Video Game Weapon

Posted by Philote on 24 May 2008 - 01:53 PM in Off Topic

Any weapon called the "shotgun" or "mini-gun". Fire-bombs from Halo3 are pretty sweet too.
And who could forget the Wavebuster, Ice Spreader, Anhilinator,and Hyper Beams from the Metroid Prime series. Best FPS/FPA's ever made.

#163096 Other Projects

Posted by Philote on 17 July 2008 - 03:09 PM in Off Topic

That's. Awesome.

Too bad it's not yours... can I see yours?

The oil tanker sounds shweet, too.

Sorry, I don't own a camera and because I can't move my computer downstairs or my set upstairs, I could only manage one of my trains. Supped up a little with custom decals.
Damn ImageShack.

#162977 Other Projects

Posted by Philote on 16 July 2008 - 09:15 AM in Off Topic

I have a neat little project in my basement: An HO scale train set modeled after the TV show Green Acres. Has 70+ feet of track and the tallest mountain stands 4 feet tall.
Posted Image
NOTE: this is NOT my set. just an example of something very similar to one of the sections.
I am also building a HO scale Oil tanker Edumund Fitzgerald.
My friends and I also make some pretty sick HALO 3 forge maps.

#181666 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Philote on 05 October 2008 - 12:13 PM in General Nerf

All that aside, the Spartan looks pretty sexy. Also, which one is the Stampede? The Sn+per-ish one looks pretty cool to. As for the Raider: Bitchin'. Clip fed pumpaction. GENIUS!

EDIT: Oops, Oni beat me too the question. Maybe its the "turreted Vulcan" neh?
DOUBLE EDIT: At the very end of the vid, on the side of the box, you can see several guns there, but on my computer, it's too blurry to make out.

#181699 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Philote on 05 October 2008 - 02:01 PM in General Nerf

Part of the reason I think the Spartan is going to be released is that gear window in the stock. If it was just made for the game, why would the bother with the gears? Why not just make it a solid stock?

I REALLY want that long rifle to be made, it reminds me of the deer rifle from Call of Duty 4.

That would be the R700. And you're right it does look like it. Sort of.
TALKI: I'm thinkin that the long drawback may be used to go automatic, by using only a certain length of the drawback to shoot one dart. Which could allow it to do the whole 3-shot burst shpeal that people are talking about. I know that might be a little confusing. If you pull the priming handle back all the way and pull the trigger once, the handle would move X length down the side, pulling the trigger again will move it another X length. Holding down the trigger will shoot X darts at once. Whew, that was a mouthful. Seeing as I could barely put that into a coherent sentence, someone who might understand what I'm trying to get at do it for me.

#163839 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by Philote on 23 July 2008 - 09:38 AM in Modifications

Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne NEH NEH NEH! Looks like G-Force found a Vulcan!
I disagree TAILsChaser, I don't think the Vulcan will replace the RF20, because other than the "Rapid Fire" part, I see no correlation. Here is an Antonym Diamante of my thoughts:

Vulcan
Battery Powered,Springer
Slow, Heavy, Awkward
Chain, Battery, Bladder, Turret
Dual Firing, Heavy, Awkward
Air Powered, Pump Gun
Rapid Fire20

Damn, formatting screwed up my poem...