Viper's Content

There have been 471 items by Viper (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#46383 Zero Valve

Posted by Viper on 22 January 2005 - 01:33 AM in Homemades

Vintage offered an extension to the sero valve which is essentially just a copy of any air-pressure valve found in nerf, a cone on a rod with rubber to seal it against a surface. The main prblem is getting everything to dry properly and simply seal up well. Button vavles,ball valves,hose valves and other valves are simply so cheap that there isn't much of a need to make a valve on your own. Go to my site Patents and check out the patent #'s to see if there are any exotic valve designs yo'd like to copy. The truth is is that a flat valve would work quite nicely against a surface though a cone-valve handles pressure easier and doesn't need to move as fast in order to work properly.

#57443 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Viper on 13 June 2005 - 04:26 PM in General Nerf

Its probably even less than 5%. Think about what I've done, in reality is nothing. I've recently added some reviews of bizarre toys to my name but that is all. Its the Talio's,cxwq's,stefan's,boltsniper's,ompa,uriel etc. that make our nerf community.

#57350 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Viper on 12 June 2005 - 04:31 PM in General Nerf

Just as a note, many members tend to get tired of these "your favorite" topics, but I don't have too much of a problem with it. The decison is easy, boltsnipers F.A.R by FAR.

#49075 Yet Another Music Thread

Posted by Viper on 08 March 2005 - 10:40 PM in Off Topic

Good find, never heard of it, but IT IS obviously better than musicmatch and about 10x quicker. Again, thank you cxwq.

#68288 Xbox 360 Is Out Of Hand

Posted by Viper on 25 November 2005 - 08:16 PM in Off Topic

Well I must say its defineately worth the $399. It performs integer operations in half the time it takes the PS3, which comprise 85% of the operations. The PS3 does Floating point operations twice as fast but FLOPS only comprise 15% of the instructions. Blu-ray disks will be harder to manufacture and take more time due to need to retool all the machines. Blu- ray disk players will start out at $1200-$800, so the many people who are speculting that the PS3 could be as much as $600 when it first releases may be right. I think the company that will really do well is nintendo. Their controller is very unique and enables unique capabilites in ceratain, games, the system is portable and very powerful, and if they unleash an online database of old nintendo games I could see where they would have a good foothold on the market.

#68240 Xbox 360 Is Out Of Hand

Posted by Viper on 25 November 2005 - 01:38 AM in Off Topic

Microsft spends $525 per xbox on hardware alone. You get it for $399, that not bad. My stepfather is a parts supplier for the xbox, his company designed the removable harddrive and parts in the controller.

#45265 Xbow Spring

Posted by Viper on 01 January 2005 - 02:19 AM in Modifications

Rawray could very well be speaking of surgical tubing, which can be bought from any medical store and outfitted on a crossbow until the cocking mechanism goes. I've been telling people for a while that looking for a spring is worthless, being as the high-elasticity springs are only good for toys, which there isn't a big market at ACE or ACO. Surgical tubing can be bought online and is usually about $1 a foot.

#41282 X-bows

Posted by Viper on 09 November 2004 - 10:59 PM in General Nerf

So where can you find the toy liquidater locations online? Many of you act like its a bad thing that they are going down in value, by probably not a whole lot. I think its great for the nerf community.

#41321 X-bows

Posted by Viper on 10 November 2004 - 03:01 PM in General Nerf

Cool cxwq, I 'll try and check some local store chains. I seriously doubt a random employee could answer questions about a specific toy, he was probably just saving himself some time.

#41624 X-bows

Posted by Viper on 14 November 2004 - 01:57 PM in General Nerf

$38.99 per gun is still too expensive, ebay aficionado's, I'd try more like $25 per gun prices, you'd probably finish them off a lot quicker before the other 100-1000 crossbows hit the market.

#41330 X-bows

Posted by Viper on 10 November 2004 - 04:16 PM in General Nerf

Oh I see, well I'll still check biglots.

#41597 X-bows

Posted by Viper on 13 November 2004 - 08:33 PM in General Nerf

Looks like that $40 price tag's gotta come down a bit. Sorry, but the market still isn't that big enough for all 14 at that store and all the other auctions combined. Its been stuck on 14 available foreever it seems.

#40497 X-bow's

Posted by Viper on 01 November 2004 - 06:50 PM in General Nerf

The main thing, the shoulder rest, the feel etc. is the true selling point for most.he body of the gun is t

#40464 X-bow's

Posted by Viper on 01 November 2004 - 01:53 PM in General Nerf

It all depends on the situtation. In many high schools around cincinatti they have Dart war competiotions in which people can take home as much a 2 grand if they win. $80 is alot, but if you really want one I go for it. People pay far more for other things that they enjoy as hobbies, whether it be paintball, airsoft, or skeet shooting. Relative to other nerf guns its high,but in the big picture its not too bad. I live by the philosophy on how much time you use something. If you have nerf wars 5 times a week, its worth it, in fact far more than buying a paintball gun and using it eery other weekend and wasting all your money on paint. The xbox has a good feel, is simplistic to modify, but once modded to its full extent the loading time isn't too much different from a sm5000 modded or a airtech2K modded.

#32337 X-bow Finished..

Posted by Viper on 26 July 2004 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

I've had that prob w/ my crossbow in the past. With arrows the air can be forced out too fast if you mod it too much. The seal might very well be folded incorrectly or there may have been a leak forced by the additional force involved.

#32976 Would You Buy Watermelon Pink 1/2" FBR?

Posted by Viper on 03 August 2004 - 01:08 AM in General Nerf

i'll take some. I must pay for some things 1st and take my girls out but seriously i would buy at least 100' of it

#58527 Wikipedia Nerf Section

Posted by Viper on 01 July 2005 - 01:19 AM in General Nerf

What we need to establish as a community is a Wikipedia.org section for nerf that explains the entire history and is full of pictures, articles, links etc. that explain it thoroughly.

I was thinking of having everyone submit artilces on this board at their basic strengths, i.e boltsniper writing about homemades, Baghead,cxwq on various mods etc..

#57114 Why You Should Never Nerf With An Idiot:

Posted by Viper on 09 June 2005 - 10:26 PM in Off Topic

Its not the worst thing you could post on these boards.

#47321 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by Viper on 15 February 2005 - 09:52 PM in General Nerf

It all comes down to semantics, its however you define it. Hell, chess club can be a sport TO ME if I want to call it that. There are no absolutes in language.

#47305 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by Viper on 15 February 2005 - 03:06 PM in General Nerf

I think nerf's more popular than you think. Even though we may have only a seemingly small amount of active members, many people might either causually surf the internet for mods and reviews, like I do for airsoft and paintball because I have no need to sign up for every site I see. In offices its becoming more commonplace to the extent that MAXIM and many male-oriented sites have pointers on nerf. Nerf does have the intrisnic "pump" balance where the more powerfull guns are single shot and require skill and the diversity of weapons is very great and cheap.

#48196 Why Are Maverics So Rare?

Posted by Viper on 27 February 2005 - 03:59 PM in General Nerf

I live in Uriel's area. Try kmart,meijer or target. Or buy one off me.

#48170 Why Are Maverics So Rare?

Posted by Viper on 27 February 2005 - 11:34 AM in General Nerf

Wal-mart never has the new shit. Try anywhere else.

#67974 Why

Posted by Viper on 19 November 2005 - 02:21 AM in Off Topic

I love airsoft, but I really don't get the point of this topic? Nerf and airsoft are like apples and pears. Paintball isn't too much fun and is prohibitively expensive.

#40462 Which One Is Better....

Posted by Viper on 01 November 2004 - 01:42 PM in Modifications

I've studied both and the only real difference between the 2 is that the wildfire'a airbladder is larger, needing more pumps and having less psi than the rapidfire 20's bladder. Both are fairly durable toys, as good as any nerf guns. I'd reccomend appllying yakman's cutting of the tube mod to decrease the internal volume of the bladder, thereby increasing the efficiency of each pump and increasing range and firing rate. The rf20 has a selective actuator to control firing for 2 different levels of fire, but the slower rate of fire is worthless.

#30805 Which Nerf Gun Has Greatest Range?

Posted by Viper on 09 July 2004 - 01:27 PM in General Nerf

Hard to say, of course you could mod a paintball gun to shoot nerf darts insane distances. A talon or blade will run about $17 at walmart. but those blow holes in the darts.(PVC barel replacement) A modded SM1000 made by makers of supersoaker will do about as a well as a modded BBB,sm5K,x-bow,modded electric eel,and lightnin blitz. Supersoaker's do count in my opinion, but remeber to use arrows for best distanmce, since the air release is a little slow.

#38289 Where To Find....

Posted by Viper on 03 October 2004 - 08:54 PM in General Nerf

My roto track works fine W/50 chain links looped. My razorback, uhhh maybe 15?

#58866 Where To Find Thew Buzz Bee Shotgun?

Posted by Viper on 08 July 2005 - 01:24 AM in General Nerf

Local K-mart already checked.

#58755 Where To Find Thew Buzz Bee Shotgun?

Posted by Viper on 05 July 2005 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

I live in Michigan in Milford near Detroit but have no idea where to get a buzz bee shotgun.

#34985 Where To Buy Brass Tubes

Posted by Viper on 23 August 2004 - 03:48 PM in General Nerf

brass&shit sort by .51 ID. (17/32 decimal is .531) this place works better actuallytubing

#35149 Where To Buy Brass Tubes

Posted by Viper on 25 August 2004 - 01:39 PM in General Nerf

rember to use the second link, they have better deals.

#32551 Where To Buy

Posted by Viper on 28 July 2004 - 09:36 PM in Homemades

PVC is common, but where do you buy brass? or PETG?And does copper come in 17/32 size?

#32637 Where To Buy

Posted by Viper on 29 July 2004 - 10:25 PM in Homemades

I tried 1/2 copper b/f i saw ur post. It didn't work. I'll test 5/8 just for the hell of it. its only like 2 bucks a foot. I'll check my local hobbystores thank you.

#53738 What The Hell Happened To...?

Posted by Viper on 28 April 2005 - 04:08 PM in Off Topic

I asked that same question a while back but noone answered mine. Dr. Genius? I remeber taking like 4 months to ship a Sm1000 to silencer32.

#43160 What Is This?

Posted by Viper on 02 December 2004 - 02:53 PM in General Nerf

Single shot powerful guns are a dime-a-dozen, no need to sacrifice 5 good shots good to 80' for a single shot capable of sm5000-like ranges. I've heard the LB can get 130 max.

#45472 What Is A Chronograph

Posted by Viper on 05 January 2005 - 02:29 PM in General Nerf

They make some you can shoot through to see what the velocity is when the projectile exits the barrel. So basically a paintball velocity tester is a chronograph, but not the other way around.

#48725 What Does The Word Nerf Mean?

Posted by Viper on 05 March 2005 - 12:15 AM in General Nerf

For all of those ebayers out there: Why do we have nerf bars for trucks? Where did that name originate. I think nerf being reffered to as a substance was that physics paper the guy wrote about it. This discussion is very insightful and fruitful, keep up othe good work fellas!

#48674 What Does The Word Nerf Mean?

Posted by Viper on 04 March 2005 - 03:55 PM in General Nerf

I'm confused as to the origins of the brand name nerf. I've seen french movie titles with the word nerf in it and buffy also known as nerf herder. But I really have no clue what it means.

#67994 What Do You Guys Think Of My Investment Site?

Posted by Viper on 19 November 2005 - 02:41 PM in Off Topic

THE STOCK PICKS

#35234 Water Balloon Launcher

Posted by Viper on 25 August 2004 - 10:21 PM in Homemades

Did you guys see those homemades? Its like a parrallel to the nerf commmunity.

#42083 Virgin Mary In Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

Posted by Viper on 19 November 2004 - 11:22 PM in Off Topic

I am in the wrong business. Nothing is more sacreligious and oh, yea the buyer should be shot for stupidity because of how easy that bastard replicated it and how incrediably sacreligious that is. I am not religious, but used to be and anyone who is religious should seriously believe it is a slap in the face to humanity. It's inspiring though, cuz I could sell a "holy" pulsator on ebay or better yet a gyrostrike, no a "holy" gyrostrike :cry: blessed by my priest who molested me when I was younger, wait even better yet it became holy when he played my organ. Uhhhhhhh.... For those of you who get that that's a little too much. How about holy socks or something like Jesus's underpants with his face on it. I don't see anything wrong with capitalizing on it, after all its evolution happenning right before our eyes as the weak spend all their resources on things made by stronger beings with a brain and a sick sense of humor. I wonder who the top bidder voted for in this past election........ Bush???? :D Maybe that's how Bush won, because we all know Jesus hates homosexuals and the poor. :P