Foamfoot's Content

There have been 406 items by Foamfoot (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#220219 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 March 2009 - 11:57 PM in General Nerf

I had a BBB tank explode in my face once, some shards got in my eye, and I had to go to the emergency room.

#245107 Your A Pussy

Posted by Foamfoot on 01 August 2009 - 11:26 PM in Off Topic

I'm going to ignore some of the other variables in this thread and just say this: compared to the Nerfhaven of a few years ago, we, frankly, as a quality online message board, are suffering (sucking, failing, blowing goats). I could identify why, but it would be some obscure, broad form of backseat moderating.

#185979 You Shot Me All Night Long. (bbbb Tank Extension And 3k Integ) Also, A

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 October 2008 - 11:53 PM in Modifications

Okay, explain this to me please. Are you trying to use it as a tank expansion or a second shot of of one tank, because if thats the case, I don't quite follow...

Sorry, I was pressure washing today (7 hours, WOOT!) and I'm a bit tired, so my writing may not come through very well. It is a tank expansion, but it has two release valves , so you can pump it up and shoot one dart from one valve, then pump and shoot another one from the next. The 3k also works as a tank extension too, because air releases from both air tanks.

#185965 You Shot Me All Night Long. (bbbb Tank Extension And 3k Integ) Also, A

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 October 2008 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

First of all, I would like to thank the site owners, for validating my noober account. I have been waiting two months, but I am glad we don't auto-validate people. It keeps down the airsoft kids that come in here and try to breakdance on our lawn. As for a suggestion, maybe have a test regarding the CoC that all new members have to pass.

Anyhoo, my name is Foamfoot, I named it that because my foot is prosthetic. I have a few heart conditions (multiple murmurs, coarctation of the aorta) so if you see me at a war, don't be surprised if I slow down a little bit. I am against real guns and I play with teh nerf blasters, here is my mod.

Don't flame me too hard.

(sorry, accidentally posted it before writeup was finished, wait for a few mins for my mod)

I recently saw CS's tank extension mod for the Buzz Bee Big Blast, I already kinda had an idea but this solidified it. I looked at my 3k, and my bbbb and went to work.

Cut your 3k down like this, kill all the rotation crap.

Posted Image

This will go against everything you've learned, but drill a hole in Mr.BBBB's Air tank

Posted Image

My hole wasn't big enough, I had to use the dremel in the end.

Posted Image

Now in my first pic, the 3k still has some stuff on it, cut that off. I tried to do it like this, but the seal sucked:

Posted Image

Now after everything but the air tank is removed, insert some tubing from the 3k and super glue and hot glue it in (Note: I only have hot glue, epoxy would work much better.)

Posted Image

Then, insert tubing into drilled hole and glue/epoxy it in there (for hot glue, use low heat setting and unplug it as soon as you can actually melt the hot glue, otherwise hot glue will drip into the tank.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now for the barrel, I plan on ordering some PETG soon from OMC, but I only have Crayola markers, and the bbbb needs a longer barrel than one marker, so I made somewhat of a breakthrough

Cut down a Buzz Bee (RFR, Double Shot, Mustang Six) Shell to the wide part only:

Posted Image

Then, simply put hot glue on the OUTSIDE[u] of the marker and stick it in half of the shell piece, do the same with the other hollowed out marker on the other side.

Posted Image

There you have it, a crayola marker barrel that doesn't suck.

now put the DMB (double marker barrel) or any other barrel on either the BBBB or the AT3K. Put a barrel on each preferably (I only had 2 markers though)

Posted Image

Now, because there is only one check valve, the 3k serves as both a second barrel (that while you do have to pump, you don't need to put another dart in for two shots) and a tank extension. So, load, pump, shoot, pump , shoot, reload pump shoot pump... you get the idea.

Here is the gun closed up, you do need to dremel or hacksaw to make way for it, but not a whole lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

No ranges and until I get some better barrel material. I'm guessing with DMB, the 3k gets about 100 feet. But thats just pacing

I do NOT apologize for the crappy phone pictures in any way, it's not my fault, getting a 8-10 MP Camera in a couple of days,

Oh and first post is a writeup, WOOT!

DO NOT PLUG THE PUMP UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME SORT OF COVERING OVER THE AIR TANK!

Disclaimer: Do this mod at own risk, and don't sue me.

Oh and as for thank yous, thank my friend who loaned me two bbbbs (one of which is completely destroyed by trying to integ a spring gun into a air gun and have it be semi auto.). Thanks to the admin that validated me. Thanks to FA24, he's inspired me to do different things with my Nerf guns and I was about to mail himon youboob yesterday to post my mod because my account was still not validated, but decided I didn't want to make him do something that might harm his reputation. Also thanks nerfer9 for having different beliefs but not starting an argument.

#186041 You Shot Me All Night Long. (bbbb Tank Extension And 3k Integ) Also, A

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 October 2008 - 05:04 PM in Modifications

This doesn't deserve a flame. This deserves an applause because this is pretty cool. Is this your first modification? If so then that is pretty impressive. Good job anyways.

This is my first original mod. I did a longshot for my first mod, but it was just A/R removal, and I used a writeup. Since that, this is pretty much my only mod. I think I might have some potential, but I'm looking at myself, so maybe not.

Edit: Was kinda wishing more people had noticed the DMB. While it didn't take a lot of thought, we now have a marker barrel that doesn't suck so much, and is actually a pretty good fit for most darts. Think about how now more people can mod their guns and more can have some nice air guns!

#185982 You Shot Me All Night Long. (bbbb Tank Extension And 3k Integ) Also, A

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 October 2008 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

Put a valve between the BBBB tank and the 3ks so when you want to use a separate gun, you close that valve and it stops from draining air from the BBBBs. Then if you want to use it as an extension, you open the valve. When I get a nother' bbbb I will try this.

Glad to hear you like it, I actually had plans for a second check valve, but decided I would rather have range over 2 smaller shots, as I can pump pretty quickly.

I wasn't going for multiple shots, just not having to load another dart in. Shotgun spreads in nerf are like nipples on a man, practically useless.

#185986 You Shot Me All Night Long. (bbbb Tank Extension And 3k Integ) Also, A

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 October 2008 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

The effectiveness of a tank expansion is greatly effected by the size of the passageway that is connecting them. If it's too restrictive hen the expansion will not add a noticeable improvement to the output because of the restriction of the connection that leads to the expansion.

Just something to keep in mind and o explain why I put mine closer to the big blast trigger valve and connected it with a 1/4 brass pipe nipple.

Thanks for the input, I have noticed that the tubing is a little small, but the range is still increased from the original. I may put wider tubing in it from my old fish tank. Note to anyone doing this: Like sluggy said use bigger tubing than I did if avalible and get as close to the air tank as possible.

#201058 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Foamfoot on 04 January 2009 - 03:16 PM in Off Topic

Your puny COD4 will pale in comparison to the upcoming ANIMAL CROSSING CITY FOLK FISHING AND BUG TOURNEY! Now, it will start soon after I figure out how the **** to use friend codes. Bastard codes... Do you like it when I input you correctly? NO! YOU'RE A FRICKIN RENEGADE CODE AREN'T YOU?

#199323 Wreckreation Nation

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 December 2008 - 02:13 AM in Off Topic

I personally think we need anymore N00bs. Although I wouldn't mind watching the show...

Did you mean we don't need anymore noobs? If so, most noobs would be watching VH1 or MTV. We would get more intelligent members from discovery. The more emails they get, the better chance for them using Nerf. So come on people, E-mail!
Edit: I sent them links to FU, NHQ, and right here. Also I described the wars a little.

Noobs don't watch MTV or VH1, they watch the Discovery Channel. Trust me, noobs are arrogant because they think that they are educated.

I started the "It's Different" project (more work on it coming soon) not for a grassroots type of thing. I want people to get their best friends to nerf, not random people. Get people you know and trust will contribute to our boards.

#197455 World Of Warcraft

Posted by Foamfoot on 20 December 2008 - 01:19 PM in Off Topic

Having gone through multiple seminars in trying to find my future career, I have found multiple studies stating that gaming is an addiction. People who are addicted, like many other addictions, have some void to fill. They are NOT weak. That would be like saying someone with depression is weak, there is a void with depression too, and things are always put in that void to replace it.

Oh, and applefury, sex can't rock when it breaks your cock.

EDIT: Don't play because my computer is sucky and glame.

#197553 World Of Warcraft

Posted by Foamfoot on 20 December 2008 - 07:47 PM in Off Topic

A tip for new players: don't play while depressed, sleepy, or hungry. If you do, your mind will develop a dependency on it to function. It's like ice cream, nutritionists will tell you not to eat it right after a breakup, or your body will use ice cream to treat depression.

Heroin does pretty much the same type of thing. Heroin is generally used to fill some void, and then people just get dependent on the stuff. The addiction of gaming and heroin is actually pretty similar.

Oh and Deadshooter, there is a TON of stuff wrong with this world, gaming just isn't illegal, nor as dangerous as most drugs. That's why plenty of people get addicted to gaming.

#198291 World Of Warcraft

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 December 2008 - 12:50 PM in Off Topic

I heard that there is a dildo in the game that you can beat people with, is that true?

Gravity engineers for life bitch!

#205835 Wing Suits

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 January 2009 - 11:23 PM in Off Topic

Am I missing something, or did they misspell suit?

#198482 Windows Tricks/downloads

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 December 2008 - 08:37 PM in Off Topic

I highly suggest you do NOT load any version of linux. At least not until you have made the decision to do so yourself and you have a spare computer to play around with it before you load it to your main computer.
Linux is not for entry level persons that are not highly familiar with their systems and what their system is made of. And by that I mean down to the details of the make and model of your motherboard, video card ram etc etc etc. On an INFANT operating system like ANY linux there is sparse to no support whatsoever that you can expect. So you don't want to bring your main system down trying to figure it out.

It really annoys me when people suggest loading linux to a stranger on a web forum that is not in any way related to computing. Unless you are going to be their personal support center let them stick to mainstream windows. The rest of the world is using it and he can get support from anywhere including the MFG of the actual computer.

Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#198290 Windows Tricks/downloads

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 December 2008 - 12:41 PM in Off Topic

If we aren't just asking for utilities, get blockland, it's open source and someone made a nerf gun for it.

#198408 Windows Tricks/downloads

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 December 2008 - 05:53 PM in Off Topic

Chrome is the BEST we browser ever. The pop-up blocker works when you want it to, and doesn't do anything when you opened a pop-up.

It's better than firefox. Plus, it runs like a dream on old computers.

Don't download flock, flock is just a really slow and ugly rip-off of firefox. It has so many toolbars and buttons, it looks like the browser is getting gang-diddled.

#198494 Windows Tricks/downloads

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 December 2008 - 08:56 PM in Off Topic

I would like to suggest the dropping of the topic. I don't like hijacking threads, and this what each of us thinks help. The minimum I would say is for research to be done on all reccomendations. Also, the UCE comment is so added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

Dude, cmon, at least give me credit for the quote. Thanks for sigging it though.

Get a good case for it, I broke my laptop because it slipped out of my arms.

#198314 Windows Tricks/downloads

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 December 2008 - 02:16 PM in Off Topic

If we aren't just asking for utilities, get blockland, it's open source and someone made a nerf gun for it.

I am wondering is blockland free or do I have to buy it.

Demo is free, but if you want online play it's $19.95 USD.

#241690 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by Foamfoot on 13 July 2009 - 12:18 AM in Off Topic

Brawl Night on July 18th, 8:00-10:00ish.
Anyone up for it?

#238852 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 June 2009 - 12:24 AM in Off Topic

Hmm, sorry I couldn't make it tonight. FiOS decided that this would be the first night that it gave me any trouble. Sounds like tonight didn't go as well as planned? I'm willing to host a game this coming friday.

Edit: Sorry about the inbox issue, I've been getting a lot of PMs over the game nights. I think my inbox is opened up enough now. Send me a PM, redhead.

On another note, anyone want to do some Animal Crossing this sunday? Post your shit, and we will discuss. Oh, and anyone who does not currently have an account, but would like to participate in any of the games, please email me at foamfootman@rocketmail.com with some sort of alias, and I will put you on the list.

#238476 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by Foamfoot on 24 June 2009 - 10:23 PM in Off Topic

NOTICE: I have given RedHead, the sexiest man in the world, permission to use my account in order to update this thread, as I will be out of town the 8th through the 28th. He is trustworthy, attractive, smart, has an awesome body, pimpalicious, and has experience with these types of threads. Best guy for the Job!

This post was edited by RedHead on July 3rd, 2009 at 6:31 P.M.

There have been multiple "Wii Friend codes" threads, but none of them ever got off the ground. Let's see whether or not we can do it. Go ahead and post your friend codes for whatever game you want. If you see some changes that should be made to this thread, PM me. I will update this list with users and their friend codes on a regular basis.

There is a massive amount of games with Wifi for the Wii. (Well, maybe not "massive", but a good amount). So, I will add games to the list as people post the friend codes for them.

Onslaught:
Foamfoot - 4984-2633-8517 (Thursdays at 9PM PST, no friend codes, go to "Free battle" and "World", and please just post your onslaught alias in this thread before playing during the game night)

Brawl:
RedHead - 5327-7746-6377 (Join us for some Brawl action, Fridays 7-10PM PST)
Foamfoot - 4554-1859-1210
RVMVTVProductions - 0173-2960-0467
CaliforniaPants - 1333-3885-0713
m14 - 0903-2547-5246
Captain - 3179-7735-8505
MegaMoose - 1461-5926-7113
GoldHawk - 0516-7036-9717
Koree - 5155-2734-6567

Wii Number:
Foamfoot - 7095-7030-3460-1338
pheonix - 6966-6142-6927-1645

Guitar Hero III:
Foamfoot - 1375-8665-0682

Animal Crossing:
Foamfoot - 0388-2287-0849 Town: Bisville, Player: Bob
Echnalaid - 4855-0993-3858 Datrium Player: Jil

Medal of Honor Heroes 2:
Foamfoot - Foamfoot

Brawl Night!
July 18th, 2009
I'm not positively correct, but Apollo may be going up to the NorCal war next Friday, so it may just be RedHead and Overlord. Please RSVP is you want to play, it makes things alot easier. I hope that everyone can make it!

#238686 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by Foamfoot on 25 June 2009 - 11:45 PM in Off Topic

Ok, there were some guys on onslaught, not sure if those were any of you guys, but we had a lot of fun and plenty of players. There were more players than usual, which leads me to believe that it was some Nerfhaveners. It's official:

WEEKLY ONSLAUGHT! Thursdays 9-10PM PST.
No need to use friend codes, just post your alias here so that we know if we are playing with someone from Nerfhaven, and go to the free, world battle selection. (Note, onslaught is held on Thursdays because it is somewhat of a less-popular game)

I'll see you guys on Brawl tomorrow.

#238615 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by Foamfoot on 25 June 2009 - 07:17 PM in Off Topic

Brawl: 4554-1859-1210
Wii number: 7095-7030-3460-1338
GHIII: 137586650682
Animal Crossing: 0388-2287-0849
Town: Bisville Player: Bob

Medal of honor alias: Foamfoot

#265965 Wierd....

Posted by Foamfoot on 18 February 2010 - 11:37 PM in Off Topic

Well, was it an online game? If it was, you might just be lagging.

#205135 Wierd Computer Problem

Posted by Foamfoot on 21 January 2009 - 02:30 PM in Off Topic

Hey, we're still on the topic of weird computer stuff, and I didn't want to start a whole new topic.

Has anyone gotten this?

#204689 Wierd Computer Problem

Posted by Foamfoot on 19 January 2009 - 12:28 PM in Off Topic

Look at boise's sig, yes my awesomeness has graced it, but if you look at the point in it, it is telling you not to get linux. Only get linux if you have good knowledge of your computer, and what it's made of. In my personal opinion, anything that requires that much knowledge of a user is shit. I hate linux, don't burn me.

I've had one of these, I just ran all the scans and everything was fine.

Don't hate something you specifically can't use. Maybe you wouldn't hate linux if I told you some things about it. Your router, and modem are both running Linux (You have a modem for cable, dsl, 56k, whatever). Your DVD player may be based on linux. A tivo is running linux. If linux hadn't evolved, you wouldn't be able to use these items nearly as well as you can now. You have a graphical installer, which is much more comprehensive than the windows installer on most major distros. Also, with Knoppix, the livecd era came about. I used an Ubuntu liveCD to save my windows install.

I can use linux, I just believe that it is somewhat undeserving of the praise that it receives. Don't get me wrong, linux is a good OS, and better than windows, it's kinda an Ocarina of Time type of thing. Yes it's great, and definantly better than windows, but it still has some flaws, it's not made by god, not even Ubuntu Christian Edition.

Linux is by far better than windows, and really, it has amazed me in many ways, but it's not as perfect as people make it out to be, at least from a users standpoint.

#205817 Wierd Computer Problem

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 January 2009 - 10:46 PM in Off Topic

A friend just showed me his linux laptop and PSP, holy shit. Guess I got the wrong version or something...

#205168 Wierd Computer Problem

Posted by Foamfoot on 21 January 2009 - 05:03 PM in Off Topic

How could someone get a virus from something external? Did they buy a flash drive from the black market?

Virus knowledge has never been one of my strong points...

#204402 Wierd Computer Problem

Posted by Foamfoot on 18 January 2009 - 12:31 PM in Off Topic

Look at boise's sig, yes my awesomeness has graced it, but if you look at the point in it, it is telling you that Linux is different, and you may need some help switching to an alternative system.

I've had one of these, I just ran all the scans and everything was fine.

#215056 What... The... Fuck...

Posted by Foamfoot on 25 February 2009 - 11:53 PM in Site Feedback

(Server Triple post)

#215044 What... The... Fuck...

Posted by Foamfoot on 25 February 2009 - 11:03 PM in Site Feedback

or even a few years ago.

You haven't read many of the CXWQ-era posts, have you?

Ok, I'm regretting making this it's own thread. I think it was just shock of coming back. I go into what has been happening in my life, as it most likely does relate to the shock, but that would be fucking retarded.

/Thread

#214989 What... The... Fuck...

Posted by Foamfoot on 25 February 2009 - 07:54 PM in Site Feedback

GUYS, chill. Look at what I've done:

I've stated the problems, and stated why they bother me. I've combed through the posts of my leave, and I had no idea why things were suddenly different. I am actually wondering what happened. So, in reference to VACC's post, that is the point of this topic.

#214870 What... The... Fuck...

Posted by Foamfoot on 25 February 2009 - 03:35 AM in Site Feedback

EDIT: I'm sorry, this was a mistake, and should not have been posted.

That's right, after a few weeks of absence, I am back. I needed a quick break. Turns out, all I needed to do was find out that Simon and Garfunkel were the SHIT, and I would've been fine. I've missed you guys. Really. When I left, I was kinda getting a reputation as Nerfhaven's emo, so now that I'm back, I'm going to take that and run with it. I'm sorry I've been a little bit of an asshole in the chat. Anyway, that was really arrogant. I bet most of you have no idea who I am. I'm Foamfoot. I joined sometime over the summer of last year. I have been gone for a couple of weeks.

Now the reason I bring this all up, is not to boost my ego or anything like that. No, I planned to go straight back to posting, just like normal, without any mention of my very short absence. But... did I miss something? Did Uin13 make a hit TV show about a guy and a girl who just want love? Where are all the shitty threads coming from? The TOP three threads in the off topic section are closed, for good reason, and they are all made by different people. WTF? And the General Nerf section? HOLY SHIT. I don't even need to put in text what is wrong with the threads up in there now.

This isn't even barely the topics. Mods, Homemades, Wars, they are all still great as far as topics and beginning posts in a topic go. But what about posts? What about where a thread eventually goes? Examples:

That is such an old gun why bother putting it in here?

P.S. stop it with the grammar stuff if you guys wanna be critics go into the movie buisness (i spelled that wrong i know it).

(When it was clearly noted in the post)

thats pretty cool but why does the company need that many guns?

sad to say, but this has FAIL all over it.

Now, let us look at each statement individually.

One: Has a joke that is more annoying than replacing your alarm clock with a siren (Irony). Also, OH MY GOD I hope his statement isn't the future of the NIC. And yeah, horrible grammar, what evs.
Two: As stated, it was very clearly noted in the post.
Three: That was the entire post. There is no explanation whatsoever of why it has fail "written all over it". We have no idea what is wrong. Either this is simply a restatement of what has already been said, or it provides no actual constructive thoughts.

Look, I want to make something clear. I am not backseat moderating, saying that anything needs to be done, or complaining for kicks. There has just been such a HUGE, and very sudden influx of noobishness recently. I am just wondering, did I miss something?

What the hell happened?

#215054 What... The... Fuck...

Posted by Foamfoot on 25 February 2009 - 11:51 PM in Site Feedback

I really, seriously regret starting this. This is going to go on for two pages. Dammit... I feel embarrassed, and ashamed.

EDIT: DS did actually make a comment that made some sort of sense...

*Rains fire*

#194258 What The Hell!

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 December 2008 - 01:04 AM in General Nerf

This is painful to read, and that's not just casue cause of dyslexia. Someone PLEASE close this.

#205993 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by Foamfoot on 24 January 2009 - 04:12 PM in General Nerf

Umm... Did you guys get the memo on the whole "If you post in a necroed thread you are just as much at fault as the person who necroed it" thing? On Nerfhaven, we generally don't post in old threads unless we have something significant or new to say. "Something new or significant" does not include a new reply or question that is relating to the topic. Really, unless you have a new mod, war details, or a sales thread bump, don't necro shit.

#193829 What Does Everybody Use To Cut Brass?

Posted by Foamfoot on 03 December 2008 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

I agree with the eye protection thing. Actually, when using a dremel, I won't settle for anything less than a full-face guard. I use one of these babies.
Posted Image

Cost me about $150 on amazon, but it was defiantly worth every penny. I decided to get one after having a shard poke through my cheek, so much that I could lick the edge of the shard.

Modding is fun, but I would suggest not using a thin dremel tool unless you have the right safety equipment.

EDIT: I would suggest to hacksaw it if all else fails.

Oh, and for a shotty, no more than 16 inches.

#186397 What Costume Are You People Wearing For Halloween?

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 October 2008 - 10:56 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Your going as a wall?

#192419 West Salem Turkeyday War

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 01:52 AM in Nerf Wars

And oh yea, the 2 blondes are hot.

"Wow, because that totally sounds like your not a nerdy virgin."- Renegademilitia15

That's because I'm not a nerdy virgin. Yes I am a virgin and yes I am smart but I play football, basketball, and baseball. I'm not a nerd, I'm pretty versatile and can fit in with nerds, punks, "cool" kids, etc. Plus they are hot.

Unless you're being sarcastic in which case I'm still not a nerdy virgin. Virgin:yes, Nerdy:no.

Did we really need to hear that?

On topic, getting girls into Nerf would be a good idea. Didn't we have a female moderator a while back?

#264115 Weird Ass Recon Break

Posted by Foamfoot on 02 February 2010 - 03:37 AM in Off Topic

I gotta say, I actually love the over-acting in the video.

Yeah, I've never had one break, but I could definitely see how it could break right there.