Foamfoot's Content

There have been 406 items by Foamfoot (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#185965 You Shot Me All Night Long. (bbbb Tank Extension And 3k Integ) Also, A

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 October 2008 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

First of all, I would like to thank the site owners, for validating my noober account. I have been waiting two months, but I am glad we don't auto-validate people. It keeps down the airsoft kids that come in here and try to breakdance on our lawn. As for a suggestion, maybe have a test regarding the CoC that all new members have to pass.

Anyhoo, my name is Foamfoot, I named it that because my foot is prosthetic. I have a few heart conditions (multiple murmurs, coarctation of the aorta) so if you see me at a war, don't be surprised if I slow down a little bit. I am against real guns and I play with teh nerf blasters, here is my mod.

Don't flame me too hard.

(sorry, accidentally posted it before writeup was finished, wait for a few mins for my mod)

I recently saw CS's tank extension mod for the Buzz Bee Big Blast, I already kinda had an idea but this solidified it. I looked at my 3k, and my bbbb and went to work.

Cut your 3k down like this, kill all the rotation crap.

Posted Image

This will go against everything you've learned, but drill a hole in Mr.BBBB's Air tank

Posted Image

My hole wasn't big enough, I had to use the dremel in the end.

Posted Image

Now in my first pic, the 3k still has some stuff on it, cut that off. I tried to do it like this, but the seal sucked:

Posted Image

Now after everything but the air tank is removed, insert some tubing from the 3k and super glue and hot glue it in (Note: I only have hot glue, epoxy would work much better.)

Posted Image

Then, insert tubing into drilled hole and glue/epoxy it in there (for hot glue, use low heat setting and unplug it as soon as you can actually melt the hot glue, otherwise hot glue will drip into the tank.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now for the barrel, I plan on ordering some PETG soon from OMC, but I only have Crayola markers, and the bbbb needs a longer barrel than one marker, so I made somewhat of a breakthrough

Cut down a Buzz Bee (RFR, Double Shot, Mustang Six) Shell to the wide part only:

Posted Image

Then, simply put hot glue on the OUTSIDE[u] of the marker and stick it in half of the shell piece, do the same with the other hollowed out marker on the other side.

Posted Image

There you have it, a crayola marker barrel that doesn't suck.

now put the DMB (double marker barrel) or any other barrel on either the BBBB or the AT3K. Put a barrel on each preferably (I only had 2 markers though)

Posted Image

Now, because there is only one check valve, the 3k serves as both a second barrel (that while you do have to pump, you don't need to put another dart in for two shots) and a tank extension. So, load, pump, shoot, pump , shoot, reload pump shoot pump... you get the idea.

Here is the gun closed up, you do need to dremel or hacksaw to make way for it, but not a whole lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

No ranges and until I get some better barrel material. I'm guessing with DMB, the 3k gets about 100 feet. But thats just pacing

I do NOT apologize for the crappy phone pictures in any way, it's not my fault, getting a 8-10 MP Camera in a couple of days,

Oh and first post is a writeup, WOOT!

DO NOT PLUG THE PUMP UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME SORT OF COVERING OVER THE AIR TANK!

Disclaimer: Do this mod at own risk, and don't sue me.

Oh and as for thank yous, thank my friend who loaned me two bbbbs (one of which is completely destroyed by trying to integ a spring gun into a air gun and have it be semi auto.). Thanks to the admin that validated me. Thanks to FA24, he's inspired me to do different things with my Nerf guns and I was about to mail himon youboob yesterday to post my mod because my account was still not validated, but decided I didn't want to make him do something that might harm his reputation. Also thanks nerfer9 for having different beliefs but not starting an argument.

#185979 You Shot Me All Night Long. (bbbb Tank Extension And 3k Integ) Also, A

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 October 2008 - 11:53 PM in Modifications

Okay, explain this to me please. Are you trying to use it as a tank expansion or a second shot of of one tank, because if thats the case, I don't quite follow...

Sorry, I was pressure washing today (7 hours, WOOT!) and I'm a bit tired, so my writing may not come through very well. It is a tank expansion, but it has two release valves , so you can pump it up and shoot one dart from one valve, then pump and shoot another one from the next. The 3k also works as a tank extension too, because air releases from both air tanks.

#185982 You Shot Me All Night Long. (bbbb Tank Extension And 3k Integ) Also, A

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 October 2008 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

Put a valve between the BBBB tank and the 3ks so when you want to use a separate gun, you close that valve and it stops from draining air from the BBBBs. Then if you want to use it as an extension, you open the valve. When I get a nother' bbbb I will try this.

Glad to hear you like it, I actually had plans for a second check valve, but decided I would rather have range over 2 smaller shots, as I can pump pretty quickly.

I wasn't going for multiple shots, just not having to load another dart in. Shotgun spreads in nerf are like nipples on a man, practically useless.

#185983 The Hereticorp Assault Rifle Mk. 2

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 October 2008 - 12:09 AM in Modifications

Nice, I know the laser is just for fun and all (the laser is sweet by the way), but a flashlight might have a much more functional use, at least I've found that to be true.

#185984 Frost King Foam

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 October 2008 - 12:12 AM in General Nerf

On a side note, only get the 100 foot black rolls that amazon sells if you want a whole bunch of test darts (they get pretty limp).

#185986 You Shot Me All Night Long. (bbbb Tank Extension And 3k Integ) Also, A

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 October 2008 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

The effectiveness of a tank expansion is greatly effected by the size of the passageway that is connecting them. If it's too restrictive hen the expansion will not add a noticeable improvement to the output because of the restriction of the connection that leads to the expansion.

Just something to keep in mind and o explain why I put mine closer to the big blast trigger valve and connected it with a 1/4 brass pipe nipple.

Thanks for the input, I have noticed that the tubing is a little small, but the range is still increased from the original. I may put wider tubing in it from my old fish tank. Note to anyone doing this: Like sluggy said use bigger tubing than I did if avalible and get as close to the air tank as possible.

#186041 You Shot Me All Night Long. (bbbb Tank Extension And 3k Integ) Also, A

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 October 2008 - 05:04 PM in Modifications

This doesn't deserve a flame. This deserves an applause because this is pretty cool. Is this your first modification? If so then that is pretty impressive. Good job anyways.

This is my first original mod. I did a longshot for my first mod, but it was just A/R removal, and I used a writeup. Since that, this is pretty much my only mod. I think I might have some potential, but I'm looking at myself, so maybe not.

Edit: Was kinda wishing more people had noticed the DMB. While it didn't take a lot of thought, we now have a marker barrel that doesn't suck so much, and is actually a pretty good fit for most darts. Think about how now more people can mod their guns and more can have some nice air guns!

#186049 Paper Airplanes?

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 October 2008 - 05:33 PM in Off Topic

I have to make a paper airplane shooting machine for science... in two days... I hate having a group with no mechanical skill whatsoever. My plan is two electric motors and vacuum cleaner bands on the outside of two wheels attached to the motor. Could probably use it for Nerf too...

It would be like that thing they used on Mythbusters to throw footballs for the helium kickoff myth.

Or like this thing, but closer together:

Posted Image

EDIT: Bad news, cannot find an electric motor. I need this by Thursday, where can I get one?

#186052 Groovin' Hard

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 October 2008 - 05:43 PM in Off Topic

You could draw a nice comic for us. Make yourself feel better?

Fine... go drink alcohol and drive over the speed limit.

#186084 Halo 3: Spiker

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 October 2008 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

Thats pretty cool, a better paint job might make it cooler.

#186104 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 October 2008 - 07:38 PM in Off Topic

Animal Crossing and Pokemon...
Really?
Anyone?

#186177 Air Propelled Grenade

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 October 2008 - 12:33 AM in Modifications

It's nice, It's cute, it looks fun as bell. Not so sure about war potential. Grenades in Nerf don't work, even in real combat, a grenade has to pretty much destroy everything in a small radius, using hundreds of shrapnel pieces. So Nerf grenades just don't work unless you have hundreds of darts shooting from them, they just aren't effective as shooting someone with a blaster. But, you did a really sweet job with this and out of all the Nerfnades I've seen, this has the most potential.

#186181 Dat Tag War?

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 October 2008 - 01:21 AM in Nerf Wars

This is a horrible, horrible idea. There are few types of guns in the dart tag line, creating no variety. Past the fact that you would just get a whole bunch of people running around with Magstrikes, it would just turn into a very lacking war. At least you don't wear under-armor on camera so much anymore.

#186318 Ebay Maverick

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 October 2008 - 07:22 PM in General Nerf

Dude, it's Starbuck's modding service all over again. That was an awesome goose chase.

#186397 What Costume Are You People Wearing For Halloween?

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 October 2008 - 10:56 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Your going as a wall?

#186533 Scar-l From Crysis = Spartan Ncs-12

Posted by Foamfoot on 30 October 2008 - 07:44 PM in General Nerf

FLAME ON!
Goddamn, why do we compare nerf blasters to real guns? THIS TOPIC HAS NO POINT IN ANY WAY. You should be muted for a week for posting a comparison of nerf guns and real guns in an existing thread. But starting a topic about one particular gun sharing some similarities with a nerf gun should get you banned. Jesus Christ, what do you think? Because it looks like a gun, it will crap fire, and eat tigers? This doesn't come from my anti gun thinking, it come purely from me wishing that people wouldn't post crap like this. BAD DOG! NO SPECULATING ON THE RUG!

#186536 Locked Topics

Posted by Foamfoot on 30 October 2008 - 07:53 PM in Site Feedback

Guys, no big deal. The administration works (fairly) hard and gets paid nothing to follow a system that has worked for the past few years. Be happy we have some awesome people at the helm doing a great job that makes all of our lives easier.

/cocksucking

I reiterate:

WE ARE NOT LIKE OTHER FORUMS

/thread

Agreed, this site rocks (my nose is turning a little brown). But, like I've said before, an entry test on the Code of Conduct might improve the quality of posting.

#186551 Nerf N-strike Game Gun Plans?

Posted by Foamfoot on 30 October 2008 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Not to be a stupid n00b but I am pretty darn sure that the raider cs-6 will be the spring gun and the spartan ncs-12 the fall gun.

You see, by doing exactly that, you became a "stupid n00b".

Don't even predict things without a logical reasoning behind it. Make a logical inference on the subject, don't post in this thread or "help" the "n00bs" in the thread.

Logical inference: The only guns that will come out of that game will be the ones we already have. They might make the raider because they would want to build on the cs-6 base but who knows? You know, besides OMC.

He may already know about it, but non-disclosure agreements keep him from saying so. Don't ask him to reveal it or anything, because either he has no idea, or you would be asking him to break a legal contract. When he is allowed to tell us, and he actually knows something, he will.

#186554 Big Bad Bow

Posted by Foamfoot on 30 October 2008 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

BBBs have a problem with plunger heads breaking, here is a fix.

#186558 Tech Decks

Posted by Foamfoot on 30 October 2008 - 08:32 PM in Off Topic

I used to, I was crazy good too. Best in my neighborhood, the kids thought I was a god. We eventually grew out of them, but I still have a well-loved black label on one of my shelfs. I still use it from time to time. I lost meh skillz though.

I also had a friend who was about the coolest person in the world, but he would say "OH I KICK ASS AT TECH DECKS!!!" and I would lend him mine, then he would proceed to throw my tiny boards high up into the air. He would then shout "MID AIR POP SHOVE-IT!" or "TRIPLE FLIP!" while the thing was just flopping around in the air. He broke the edge off of one once, but we just laughed it off.

Those were the days...

#186562 The Phillies!

Posted by Foamfoot on 30 October 2008 - 08:38 PM in Off Topic

My state team is The Seattle Mariners, unfortunately.

...as is mine. I have given up on them as well, however, the 2003 year was teh shit.

On topic: I missed this game unfortunately. For some reason I completely forgot about it.

Why so many Seattle nerfers when there hasn't been a war in Washington for a long time?

#186633 Big Bad Bow

Posted by Foamfoot on 31 October 2008 - 12:54 AM in Modifications

I'm pretty intrigued by this, open the thing up and post some pics. At least open it up.

#186722 Singled Magstrike Blueprints

Posted by Foamfoot on 31 October 2008 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

Here is my opinion: Yes it could work. It could work fairly well. But, either it would shoot the range of something we already have, or shoot farther and getting banned faster than the titan. With air guns, we already have about the highest range achievable. I say we need to think of innovations rather than range. Someone make a semi-auto system! Do something that isn't just singling!

#186895 Improvised Barrels

Posted by Foamfoot on 01 November 2008 - 07:29 PM in Homemades

DMBs It's in the middle of my first post.

#186901 Omfgz!... Nerf Clothes!?!?

Posted by Foamfoot on 01 November 2008 - 07:54 PM in General Nerf

They used to have Nerf football jerseys, but those left the store recently.

#187070 Paint; I don't know anything.

Posted by Foamfoot on 02 November 2008 - 07:01 PM in Modifications

It's a pretty basic rule in painting that primer has to dry before you can paint anything over it. Otherwise, the paint will blast the primer away, or mix with it. Primer acts as a surface that paint can bond to. Thats why we don't use primer with vinyl dye, because it digs down into the plastic and actually changes the surface. So yes, wait an hour or two, till you can touch it.

#187098 Paper Airplanes?

Posted by Foamfoot on 02 November 2008 - 08:17 PM in Off Topic

yeah, I'll try to get a vid up ASAP, it'll be a while, damn camcorder's a pain in the ass to use.

Foamfoot, try using larger wheels rimmed with neopene to get some grip on the plane. For nerf, adjust the wheels so they have a 7/16" gap.

I don't actually have the machine pictured, it was just a reference to something like my design. Thanks anyhoo.

#187102 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Foamfoot on 02 November 2008 - 08:21 PM in Off Topic

Oh, I forgot, Star Fox: Assault, The Dog Island, Nerf N-Strike, Super Mario Sunshine.

DEFIANTLY Star Fox Assault though, that may be the best game I've ever played.

#187106 My Longshot

Posted by Foamfoot on 02 November 2008 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

OK I said what price would you pay the reason why I am asking is because ,this is my first mod, ok now think what to say before you post second I am young so don't be harsh

If you are young enough to not be able to take a flaming, you shouldn't be on here (and you're probably not 13). Also, I know I really shouldn't backseat moderate, but seriously don't post a second thread just to get more replies.

Edit: An admin has been Pm'd

#187116 Firefly, Sspb Problems

Posted by Foamfoot on 02 November 2008 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

Return the SSPB before it's too late, those things just do that for some reason. They are extremely unreliable.

#187673 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Foamfoot on 05 November 2008 - 05:35 PM in Off Topic

Nerf N-Strike

So it's a good game?

By itself, it's fairly good. But as a Nerf game, it's SICK! Physics in it are extremely realistic, it is somewhat difficult, and it has a big variety of game modes. You can do a whole bunch of multiplayer. I'm trying to get a review out, but school is a bitch, so it could take a week or so.

Edit: Shut up splitlip, those games were awesome. How was Star Fox Assault bad?

#187941 O...m...f...g

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 November 2008 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

That picture is so old that it's probably your father.

There's no way a re-release could happen without any word reaching the NIC before photos reach retailers.

I agree. Chances are that this is simply a stock photo they're using for illustrative purposes. Why is it green and why is the kid using ERTL darts? So they don't get sued by Hasbro. It's not indicative of a new production run but rather some guy and a can of spray paint to avoid copyright infringement.

Actually, if they don't have logos on it, it's considered fair use.

#187959 An Addicting Game

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 November 2008 - 09:25 PM in Off Topic

I don't really feel like getting E-diddled today, would you bet your account on the plug-in not being malicious?

#187962 Favorite Rock/metal/alternative Song

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 November 2008 - 09:30 PM in Off Topic

This

No, seriously, I like Barry Madison, Aka Thunderhead (not the heavy metal band).

#187978 O...m...f...g

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 November 2008 - 09:58 PM in General Nerf

I decided I wanted to relieve the questions and doubts you've been having. I am currently on the phone with tech support. It is the crossbow, they are having some sort of nerf range target thing. It is Not the Nerf crossbow however, and it is not theirs. It is made by a company called Next Generations, and they are using them for nerf targeting range.

Note, this is not speculation I actually called customer service and the guy told me exactly what I have written, nothing else. I'm pretty sure next generations has never made stuff for nerf. I made it clear that it was the one on the front page.

Point: They aren't re-releasing it. I will not say if Next Generations is, as I cannot find their website. He did not say anything one way or another that they were.

#189050 I Was Cleaning....

Posted by Foamfoot on 11 November 2008 - 02:44 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Ok, I love knowing if my member could grow a few inches, or if someone has a crush on me, if there are HOT singles in my town!, if I could win an NEWZZZ IPHoNSS, or if I will fail the dumb test as much as the next guy, but If you want to get rid of the spam banner that imageshack is now putting on all of the images, just delete everything that isn't your image in the code.

For instance, this:
[urrl=http://imageshack.us][immg]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2055/img00131zg2.jpg[/immg][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/img440/img00131zg2.jpg/1/]

Should look like this:
[immg]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2055/img00131zg2.jpg[/immg]

#189253 I Was Cleaning....

Posted by Foamfoot on 12 November 2008 - 10:37 AM in General Nerf

Your images don't work foamfoot. When posting use the little button that looks like a tree.

Seriously? He was showing the guy how to correct the pictures, not how to use the functions. He did what he was trying to. No error at all.

It's cool splitlip, I could have been posting a screen shot of it. Yeah.. just saw that thing in my targets clearance bin... just throw it out and save on some shipping.

#189317 Nerf Tank

Posted by Foamfoot on 12 November 2008 - 06:23 PM in Off Topic

Please. If I saw this, the first thing I would do is run full force at it, break it/knock it over, and blast whoever was inside. Fuck 3-15, whether I got shot or not, I would be so offended by this, I would be unable to control my urge to destroy it. In conclusion, I concur with shadowkid33.

You live across the country from me, but you are hereby banned from any wars that I host.

As for rules, maybe just have a certain number of hits before the tank and everyone in it were destroyed. Or you could make it a rule that if any dart goes in the hatch, everyone dies.

#189342 Stefan Weights

Posted by Foamfoot on 12 November 2008 - 07:55 PM in General Nerf

I recently ate few fishing weights. I'm fine, but I wouldn't condone it.

#189371 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by Foamfoot on 12 November 2008 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

you should of totally of used plumbers goop over the hot glue.

I didn't happen to have any on hand when I did it. If I ever redo it plumbers goop is going on.

Trust me, you WILL be doing this over again, not because it's bad or anything, but I had to redo my YSMANL (3k and bbbb integ, in the directory) and it was mainly the hot glue. You're gonna end up doing it over again about every 50 shots (depending on how long air stays in the tank, and how much you pump it)