mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#220107 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 March 2009 - 03:17 AM in General Nerf

I was scraping hot glue out of my old xbow with an exacto-knife. One of the blades broke off, and the knife slipped and slashed my wrist. Well, more like punctured it. I lost a shitload of blood, but only needed 1 stitch.
Other than that, being shot in the hand at 20ft by applefury with a PAS. It swellled up huge, and I couldn't write for 2 days. It wasn't all that painful though.

#172599 Your Nerf Workshop

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 August 2008 - 04:05 PM in General Nerf

I work in my parent's storage room, which has a surface area of about 15ft max. ITS TINY!!!!! I have no room to store bigger guns, so I had to make more space by throwing out a lot of misc. junk I had lying around to accomodate the longshot I have coming in the mail. I will post a picture when I get my digital camera fixed. I lent it to my stupid sister(aka my new range testing target) who jammed the battery in backwards, so it is busted.

#150233 Your Biggest Nerf Regret

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 April 2008 - 02:49 PM in General Nerf

Probably throwing out my old sm750, and maybe even selling my doomsayer to general cole. I got a good deal for it, but I want it back :P

#148647 You Guys Should Take A Look

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 April 2008 - 05:06 PM in General Nerf

HAHAHAHA. Good joke VACC. You had me scared and exicted. I would love to watch you be set lose on some of the turkeys on NHQ. Scared because I can post controversial stuff there.

#221024 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 April 2009 - 11:59 AM in Modifications

If possible, that gear box looks BIGGER than the Mav plunger tube. Just goes to show how tiny the thing is. I hope you can get this to work, but I wouldn't buy an AEG just for that. Up here in Canada, a good one is easily 300$. This is very nice, I hope it works.

#156255 Yes, It's Another Air Tank!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 May 2008 - 11:22 AM in Homemades

I'd use goop, or a lot of epoxy. I had a similar problem with my at3k, and some goop solved it. Look for it in any hardware store.

#231700 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 May 2009 - 02:35 PM in Off Topic

Nevermind, Admin, please delete.

#199760 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 December 2008 - 11:58 AM in Off Topic

Lynx: What is wrong with this thread? It's in off topic, and it's a good way to find people to play on live with.

Gamertag: IPWNOOBZ
Games played:
COD WaW. Guns: PTRS, Type 99, KAR98, Gewher, PPSH, Magnum.
COD4 (not often)
Rock Band

I don't own many games, but I tend to play them for ages before getting bored.

#256620 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2009 - 07:40 PM in Off Topic

I'm going to go play some MW2 TDM in the next few minutes... ANyone wanna play? Add me my GT Is IPWNOOBZ.

I have some friends who are obsessed with L4D, and sound a lot like cheez up there. It is not that awesome. You guys really need to play nazi zombies. Much better.

#146686 Xbox Live Help Please!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2008 - 05:35 PM in Off Topic

Hey thanks MSDFS. I tried a long wire and it's fudgin fast! This was my last resort, but hey, I've been dieing to play COD4 on live! I just got a level 9 in like an hour.

Yo add me im IPWNOOBZ. Lame name I know. When Im not nerfin, I play halo3

#146625 Xbox Live Help Please!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2008 - 02:19 PM in Off Topic

I had this problem when I got xbox live and tried to use the wireless connector. In the end my impatient dad went out and bought a long ethernet cable. Works like a charm. I have some friends with wireless connections, and theirs is really glitchy and slow. Use a wire man, it works really well.

#168020 X-bow Plungerhead Replacement

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 August 2008 - 08:26 AM in Modifications

When I got my xbow, the plunger head was shrivelled up like an old prune. This is what I did.
First off, I took a piece of 1/2 inch FBR that was long enough to fit in the groove in the plunger head, the part that usually shrivelles inwards. I then cut this foam lengthwise in half, and hot glued it into the groove. I then wrapped enough etape around the plunger head to aquire the seal I desired, and I lubed it like crazy with silicone lube. It used to shoot about 30ft. Now it shoots 90. Im happy.

#159238 Wts Halo3, In Off Topic.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2008 - 10:23 AM in Off Topic

I sold it to gamerush.

#159246 Wts Halo3, In Off Topic.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2008 - 11:50 AM in Off Topic

Yea, I think Im going to sell it to EB games. Everything is more expensive in Canada, no one will buy anything for our prices.
Slightly off topic: Have you shipped my 750 yet?

#199443 Wreckreation Nation

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 December 2008 - 09:10 PM in Off Topic

If anyone should write a letter, I think it should be FA_24. Angel, you could explain how much you sold the lancer for, and show them some of your mods instead. I think anyone who has not been here before who read silentsnipe's letter would thing that Silent created the doomsayer and the eyes of fire. I think they would take it more seriously if someone a little older and mature wrote the letter.
This could bring a lot of new people here. Some will be noobs, but yet there may be the next CS or Bolsniper who has yet to discover nerf, and would through this. It's worth a try, in my opinion.

EDIT: This is of course, if you have time and the will while you are not planning Effeminate wars....

#177950 Wooden Crossbow Head

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 September 2008 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

I would put some foam on it, but it looks good.

#197736 Winter Ohio War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 December 2008 - 01:27 PM in Nerf Wars

You guys look like you had an awesome time.
Thaygor: WTF is that huge bungie you have on your xbow? How hard is it to pull back? Where did you get it? I should get one, my xbow doesn't have a spring replacement, and with surgical rubber it is only getting 75ft.

Nice location, HbH2 had a small playground. I was running through it and heard a loud PING 2 inches away... That would have been one hell of a headshot.

#205953 Wierd Computer Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 January 2009 - 02:11 PM in Off Topic

Back to the original problem: I got something like this. It's called system security and its a virus that warns you about all kinds of crap like a virus is trying to send your credit card info to a remote host, hoping to scare you into buying the full version, which is like 99$ and steals your credit card info. Anyway, I downloaded Malawarebytes, and it got rid of it in minutes. Try that, if it doesn't work, I really can't help you, but it went around my dad's office, and this was the program everyone used to get rid of it.

#134827 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 January 2008 - 01:15 PM in Off Topic

My name says it all. Im possibly the worst stefan maker in the world.

#248509 Why Brass And Not Copper?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 August 2009 - 08:37 AM in General Nerf

Thanks guys! I heard that copper was cheaper than brass but oh well.

I'll get my dad to read some of these replies so he will have a better understanding of it.

One other main reason that I am posting this is because I wanted to make a breach but I dont know if I have the skills or tools to make it :P.

Cool thank you for all the help!

You are right, copper is cheaper than brass. At least near me. I can get a 3 foot section of 1/2 inch copper for 6$, while brass is 4$ a foot.

I personally use copper, because I have HUGE FBR. If you really want to use copper, get Swiftnerf's 19/32 fitting FBR.

1/2 inch copper has almost an identical ID to 19/32. To the point that I often replace 19/32 with copper for a cheaper and easier to get alternative.

It should not be completely written off as crap. I did an angel breech for my friend with some scrap copper as the piece of 19/32, and it has held up well, and I didn't have to pay 4$ a foot for it.

#151689 Which Guns Are Really The Best?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 April 2008 - 06:00 PM in Off Topic

I agree with Green Buckshot. (I love your articles by the way)
Off brand is the way to go these days. Look at the recon. We have had some of our best at it (captain slug, ofallthenerf) and no one has been able to get over 60ft with it (I don't believe 80ft bullshit you see on ebay).
My point is, That green buckshot was absolutely right. Off brand guns are cheaper, easier to mod, and frankly, they out preform their nerf gun cousins. Take the maxshot for example. 9.99$ piece of crap right? WRONG!!!
The thing out preforms a crossbow in the range department. It costs about one thenth of the crossbow. That is not to say that the crossbow sucks, and believe me it doesn't. In the poll, so far, nerf has been experiencing a landslide victory. Nerf does sacrifice looks over performance, because they market them to violence obsessed eight year olds that cannot handle getting hit with a streamline that can go 70ft. For now, when I go to the local TRU to get a gun, I will most likely get a big blast 4 pack, a twin pack of at3ks, or a BBB. (The last two guns I mentioned are older, and back then, nerf hadn't come up with this whole n strike swat team thing)
Green Buckshot is right. Off brand is the way to go these days. Buy discontinued guns, or buy older ones, but unless you are getting an LS to angel mod, or a NF, buy something cheaper that will out perform it.

#176427 Which Gun To Use For Hell Before Halloween?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 September 2008 - 04:44 PM in Modifications

As someone who is going to be there, I would go with the BBB. If you can get yourself to basspro and get a ERTL pump action shotgun, do. You are going to be up against multiple doomsayers, xbows, and high powered airguns. I would reccomend getting something that shoots far. It is worth the money.

#192960 Whhhhhh

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 November 2008 - 10:05 AM in Modifications

Whats up with the name? Also, none of your pictures work.
EDIT: Started typing this before you appologized.

#177889 Where To Buy Springs In Canada?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 September 2008 - 08:45 AM in Modifications

John's hobby on the danforth has a good selection of springs, I got some there. That's the best place in the GTA, to my knowledge. THey have EVERY size of brass made (too bad they were out of 19/32 when I was making my angel breech) and a lot of glue.

#198091 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 December 2008 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

u can get PETG by ordering it from One Man Clan's

i think its $.50 per foot and $3 for shipping

Common knowledge right there.
CPVC has oddly dissapeared from my local home depot. Anyone else have this problem? The guy there said they weren't carrying it anymore.

#199951 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 December 2008 - 12:20 PM in Modifications

Ive used superpex for breeches, it was easy to cut with a kitchen knife, being so soft.
ABSOLUTE best place for fishing weights IMO is Walmart. They are having a sale: 0.59$ for a pack of 3/0. I bought like 15. They aren't that expensive when they aren't on sale, 1$ for a pack of 40.
Home depot is now not carrying 1/2 inch PVC. I need to go to Rona (canadian hardware store) for it now. Home depot keeps knocking things off their list. First 1/2 inch FBR, CPVC, and now PVC.

#148380 Where Can I Find Old Nerf

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 March 2008 - 05:18 PM in General Nerf

Im not sure what CS is talking about, no offense. I went to value village at least 5 times, they didn't even know what a nerf gun was.
I use ebay. If you want old nerf, go through me im selling some cool old chainguns.

#156307 When Modding Nf's Don't

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 May 2008 - 05:34 PM in Homemades

Death darts bad. My friend shot his cat with a thumbtack one. I have never heard an animal make so much noise. This was out of a stock NF, and it had to go to the vet.

#254595 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 October 2009 - 01:31 PM in Homemades

Well, for a Canadian nerfer, I have some pretty perculiar views on blaster restrictions, which is why I haven't hosted a war yet. I agree with Ryan that the hopper clip shooting 130ft as fast as you can prime a +bow isn't fair at all. It is no different from a doomsayer in my eyes. Yes, the ROF would be slightly slower, but it shoots farther (I believe doomsayer hits about 105ft flat, please correct me, FA if I am wrong).
I don't think doomsayers are that bad, because the average nerfer (myself included) cannot make one that is ban worthy. I have seen at least 4 or 5 "doomsayers" that don't rotate properly, that have ranges varying from zero to 90ft, and are a real pain in the ass to use. I have yet to see anyone make a fully functional one that comes anywhere close to the one FA made, in terms of range, ROF or anything like that. When the mag7 was justifying their decision, they were referencing APOC 08 with FA and Cardiac kid wielding doomsayers and raping everyone else. FA made both of them. Mag7 did not cite examples of other nerfers making them and having them work as well. A hopper clip +bow on the other hand, would be much easier to get your hands on, as +bows are readily available (for a price) and the hopper clip looks very simple in construction.

Here are some rules that I have been thinking of for my first hosting experience. Keep in mind that they are lenient, because we don't tend to ban anything that isn't legit dangerous up here.

1. No auto rotating, 4+ barrel, 100ft springers, with the exception of RFDGs. ( I really don't expect to see one that owns as much as the original, if I do, it will be adressed)

2. No air guns that shoot over 130ft flat. These can just be downright dangerous. I will allow UNPLUGGED BBBBs if they get that range, but no homemade air guns etc.

3. Air guns must be operated by manual pump (No compressors or or Co2, no HPA etc.) Air guns shooting over 100ft must take at least 2 pumps to achieve those ranges with whatever pump being used to be allowed.

#236226 When An External Air Source Becomes Cheap

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2009 - 03:11 PM in General Nerf

I agree with a few things here. I have never used a clipped longshot in a war, though I have played with and against some people that do.
Crooked routinely owns at every war, and for the last two, he was using an angel breeched longshot. He let me fire the thing, and believe me, there were NO jamming issues, and it maybe got 5ft less than my crossbow, which was getting about 100ft at the beginning of the day.
I personally took a couple painful shots from it. Having 6 shots like that is just amazing. Drum mag+shotty grip= Pure ownage
IT was not innacurate, two of the shots he took on me were from 65ft+ away, and he hit me right in the middle of the chest.
There was no real need for an integration (His did have a Mav, I don't believe he fired it all day), as it had good ROF, range, and accuracy.

Onto HPA tanks. I have never seen anyone nerf with one that was easily re-loadable such as a MS. When I was at massacre 4, FA_24 had his eyes of fire hooked up to some kind of air compressor. It was fine, only because it took 5 minutes to re-load. If someone did all of FA_24's MS mod, did a double clip like CS did, and had like 4 clips stashed in a backpack with their HPA tank, I can see it being cheap.
But we allow doomsayer indoors up here, what the hell do I know.

#181515 Whats Your Target?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 October 2008 - 04:34 PM in General Nerf

Dog

#214875 What... The... Fuck...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 February 2009 - 05:54 AM in Site Feedback

One good thing you missed was Ice (uin13) putting a video on youtube warning goobers (particularily underage ones) to stay away from NH.
I can't explain the rest of the crap, probably an admin validated a bunch of people.

#179911 What's Wrong With My Longshot?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 September 2008 - 08:13 AM in Modifications

I had a similar problem with my angel breech, it shot FINE for about 8 shots, and then stopped priming. Turns out my zap a gap broke, but that wasn't affecting it too much. I took some FBR, cut it in half lengthwise, and glued a ring of it onto the plunger head. This creates a 1/4 inch foam pad, that should push the plunger rod far enough. It worked for me...

#146868 What's The Most Expensive Nerf Gun You Ever Bought?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 March 2008 - 02:56 PM in General Nerf

45$ not including tax on a ERTL rapid fire shotgun, the same one as forsaken angel used to make his doomsayer. I have since traded it to General Cole.... Lets see what he does with it!

#140214 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 February 2008 - 03:43 PM in General Nerf

My first gun was a sm750. Loved the thing. My friend sat on it and broke it. I then shot him with my eab.
I dont have them anymore, but I wish I did because I would have integrated the sm into something.

#136268 What To Do?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 January 2008 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

Wow :o
you guys must have had really hard shotguns, I am like 5.2 with pencil arms and I got it off first try...
Oh well if the screw works, thats great. If not, there is 30$ down the drain

#188279 What The Heck Broken Stefan Tips

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 November 2008 - 06:15 PM in Homemades

I have this problem too. It is because a BBBB is very high powered, and the impact of the hot glue, which is somewhat brittle, against the wall will shatter the tip. If you want to shoot at something, try taping a DTG vest to the wall and shoot at that. That should prevent darts shattering.

EDIT: Sputnik; The first few sentences of BII sound a hell of a lot like nerfhq

(QUOTE NOOB ARTICLE)
On the internet, n00bs make their colonies on forums. They migrate in waves, usually on weekends, and proceed to clog up bandwidth with stupid questions and sometimes even stupid answers,
(/QUOTE)

#202867 What The Fuck?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 January 2009 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

This thread has given me an awesome idea. Im going to take the shot to shit SF I have, break out my dremel, and replace the SF internals with BS tanks. I have this all drawn up, and Im going to do it as soon as the parts get here. I see how you worked the trigger, but I believe Im going to do it EXACTLY like Imaseoulman did.
I have a question about the BS pump thing though: Does the trigger setup you have in the first WTF enable it to fire semi auto like a SF? Im debating doing it that way with the BS pump too.
I also have NO clue how the BS trigger works. Care to elaborate?

#142899 What Should My First Homemade Be?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 February 2008 - 06:31 PM in Homemades

Try PM ing captain slug. He is amazing at homemades and will most likely be able to help.
Welcome to Nerfhaven.

#145815 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 March 2008 - 02:42 PM in General Nerf

I agree. NFs are amazing. I think that the AT line will be in great demand. Since 2ks are already hard to find, they will be wanted in the future for their integratibility. I also think the RF20 will be popular later on. But yes, the NF could be the next generation of nerfer's LnL.