BustaNinja's Content

There have been 1000 items by BustaNinja (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#115039 Longshot Clip Mods?

Posted by BustaNinja on 08 July 2007 - 02:51 PM in Modifications

Today I purchased a LS and right away I took the 2 clips and was thinking about what to do with them. I decided to put a spacer in between them and make a doulble clip simmilar to those used on real M4a1's or MP5s.

(incase you don't get it here is a pic)

Posted Image

I put this here as a substitute for people who don't want to make the high capacity mag (Which is very well planned) but still want that extra mag quick without reaching into the stock.

#115042 Let Me Introduce You To "steve"

Posted by BustaNinja on 08 July 2007 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

That, my friend, is truly awesome. I would hate to be looking down the barrel of that beast.

#115044 Longshot Clip Mods?

Posted by BustaNinja on 08 July 2007 - 03:31 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned in the past.

Also, I don't think it would work because the LS clips go so far up into the gun. You might just epoxy the bottoms together, when you are out of ammo, just flip it around.

Thats why I have an inch and a half of cpvc between the two clips so you can't switch them out but you can reload faster. So I probably will make clips for the magazines.

#115079 Longshot Clip Mods?

Posted by BustaNinja on 08 July 2007 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

I'm almost positive someone has done this before.

Well I guess great minds think alike. and before you go and say "well you stole it because he thought of it first", stealing implies knowing.

#115355 The Merits Of A Maverick

Posted by BustaNinja on 10 July 2007 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

My first mod was the free swinging chamber mod for a mav. I took it apart the night I got it and got to work. I learned, as you said, alot from this gun and about how plunger guns work. Then I painted it and it looks really cool, even with a shitty single coat of sub par spray paint. In my opinion it is the best starter gun made because of it's overall appeal, ROF, it's easily modable, and it looks really sweet. Still my sidearm, after all I put it through. An all in all great gun nerf wise.

#115369 Retarded Firefly

Posted by BustaNinja on 10 July 2007 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

Its like a woman. Touchy, irritating and will break down at the wrongest move and to get her off you cant just jam things in there and expect to get her off right away quick and fast. You gotta take your time nice and slow. Then before you know "pop" and then the world is a better place.

out of all the funny things i've heard today, that was the best. I salute you.

#115467 Whats Your Fav Primary

Posted by BustaNinja on 11 July 2007 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

Currently the LS because it's accurate in close quarters and looks fairly good. I'm trying to make a tube mag for it and mess with the feed system to make it a real pump action gun (not with the pump cocking system made by Captian Slug, but a full fledged pump action nerf gun.) It's never going to work.

#115718 Latest From Telekinetic Labs

Posted by BustaNinja on 13 July 2007 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Nice drum mag. You could almost, if thought out correctly, make a C-mag like on the MG36.

Posted Image

#115736 New To Nerf Mav

Posted by BustaNinja on 14 July 2007 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

I actually started modding with my mav. I did the free swinging barrel mod then took out the restrictors, then added an extra spring. (It's from the LS sidearm, so you have to cut down the back of the plunger a little bit. no biggy) Because of it's ROF and looks, I would say that it is a better starter then the nf but once you really get into it, a NF is more beneficial due to all of the stuff you can do to mod it.

#115738 Closed

Posted by BustaNinja on 14 July 2007 - 01:07 AM in General Nerf

Technically 1 firefly but I can still fix it. it's just a bitch and really unrewarding.
so I'm gonna go with half a firefly $10

#115741 What Is Your Style Of Play?

Posted by BustaNinja on 14 July 2007 - 01:22 AM in General Nerf

I mostly play indoors so I can't do crazy ass bastard as stated before (though it is fun) so I end up leading the team through my friends house with room clearing. And to do this, I use my LS and maveric. I don't need range so I use mav because of the ROF and I love my LS. All cometically pimped out. (well soon to be anyhow. by saturday night it will be pimped)

#115742 Long Range Records?

Posted by BustaNinja on 14 July 2007 - 01:27 AM in General Nerf

I got a few hundred feet out of a Lock 'n Load once.

It broke when it hit the sidewalk.

That must have been a really good throw.

#115758 Long Range Records?

Posted by BustaNinja on 14 July 2007 - 08:35 AM in General Nerf

I realize that it probably wasn't a good idea to fuel the fire so to speak.
current best(because I only just started nerfing)

75ft with my heavily modded NF

#115761 A New Ls Modification.

Posted by BustaNinja on 14 July 2007 - 09:48 AM in Modifications

As to being front heavy when you cock it, if you keep your front hand on the front grip and cock it with your shooting hand then you don't have that problem, and it really doesn't sacrifice much speed because you really,don't need gor LS ROF because of your absolutely ghetto (in a good way) front gun integration.

#115765 Longshot Mod

Posted by BustaNinja on 14 July 2007 - 10:42 AM in Modifications

I am so so so so so so very sorry for bringing uot this semi old topic but how do you remove the actual plunger tube? I have tried jiggling, pulling, and all around fidling with it but it won't come out. How in the world do you take out the plunger tube?

#115933 Your Combo

Posted by BustaNinja on 15 July 2007 - 09:30 PM in General Nerf

Modded longshot because its comfy (I have about five inches total of foam padding on my LS) my ghetto nitefinder with foregrip (The way I have it set up, it kicks up from the spring but is powerful as hell) and maybe a mav or minimized firefly.

#116013 Longshot: Hi-cap Mag Question

Posted by BustaNinja on 16 July 2007 - 05:56 PM in Modifications

You mean a Banana clip? like the what an ak usually has? I was thinking about making one aswell but the I realized it's not full auto so...

#116015 A New Ls Modification.

Posted by BustaNinja on 16 July 2007 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

A primary, integrated into another primary with two fucking rails!
That means at any time of day you could add a crossfire to the top and bottom of the gun.
Mod that dart tag, Breech that longshot and mod a couple of blue Crossfires and you have a Doomsday machine.

crossfires or 2 TITANS!!!

#116200 Longshot Help

Posted by BustaNinja on 17 July 2007 - 06:50 PM in Modifications

I had the same problem after I dropped it on the stock. just take it apart and pop the little stock lock out. (in the locked position, the little nob should come out about 1/4 inch) hope thaty helps.

#116244 A New Ls Modification.

Posted by BustaNinja on 17 July 2007 - 10:09 PM in Modifications

of course. that would be insane and probably rip off the rails. Unless you mounted it on a truck and that completely takes away ifs functions as a nerf gun. and it's comepletely stupid and the most overkill that you could have. shooting and cocking would be okward and its a bad idea. I was well and truly kidding.

#116251 What Is Your Style Of Play?

Posted by BustaNinja on 17 July 2007 - 10:27 PM in General Nerf

I try to distract my opponents by yelling "oliolioooooo!" Bonus points if you get it. They go "huh?" Then i fill them with foam. Great strategy for fighting idiots. And for the blocking, seriously, is duct taping a manta ray to a gun legal in most wars? I don't know because mine don't make sense. Thats the whole fun of it. :)

SNAKE!!!!!
JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND STAB IT!
SNAKE!!!

metal gear solid 3: Crab battle

As so taping a mantaray to your gun, why not integrate it? the whole shooting system of it. more shots and its a manta integration. you could block.

#116387 Longshot: Hi-cap Mag Question

Posted by BustaNinja on 18 July 2007 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

because of the nature of the device, its a really bad idea. Real banana clips jam. it would be sweet as i said before but it would jam. As for experience, the banana clips my friend has for his 10/22 lr jam after the first shot. So it's up to you to waste your 2 clips but I would stay standard or basic high cap for now, unless you have mags to get rid of then by all means try it. it would become the new high cap if it worked.

#116607 Firefly Front End Swappable Clip

Posted by BustaNinja on 20 July 2007 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

really. I've seen you do this to atleast 3 threads. check the original post date. if its over a month old, let it be.

#116610 Lol

Posted by BustaNinja on 20 July 2007 - 06:51 PM in General Nerf

That gun looks really sweet. I like the nf and all but that gun has a more magnum look to it. I want one. it would be a new sidearm (after serious modding of course)
And Flaming Hilt, it's plenty possible.

#116781 Was It Nerf Or Luck?

Posted by BustaNinja on 22 July 2007 - 12:44 PM in General Nerf

Which is why when you play those games you bring your own guns. like a 12 guage or a 50 caliber BMG rifle (aka nifty fifty). Something really fast. not bb guns and .22s

#116799 Night Warfare

Posted by BustaNinja on 22 July 2007 - 05:01 PM in Modifications

You just put the electronics from the firefly into a NF. why not keep them in the Firefly and be able to shoot aswell?

#116995 Was It Nerf Or Luck?

Posted by BustaNinja on 24 July 2007 - 01:08 PM in General Nerf

To Shorty: Hm firing one by one huh. Well the carnival I was at uses automatic rifles. I could not fire one by one. I had 100 shots, but only about half of the star is gone... You know what, next time I go, I would point the goddamn gun at the station owner and threaten him to give me some shitty prize... I would probably be arrested afterwords. But oh well... By the way is the electric scooter working? ? Or it's just shit?

To BustaNinja: Yep you got that right. A .50 cal would do a huge destruction on that stupid piece of paper with a star. It can blow off the whole piece of paper.

A Rifle kills you. A .50 caliber rifle kills you, and everybody around you.

From Mythbusters

you ever seen one hit a human? the force of the bullet blows up the guy, then throws the peices of his legs and arms about 100 feet. its realy scary.

#117034 Was It Nerf Or Luck?

Posted by BustaNinja on 24 July 2007 - 08:21 PM in General Nerf

I have not. But I have seen it penetrate a steel plate from over a MILE away. I have been told that a fifty caliber machine gun can literally rip you apart in less than a second. In the game that I play, I have a Berett .50 Caliber loser rifle: M82A1, even if I miss that guy by just a little, I still killed him. That is terribly scary!

in the game you play? I'm talking about real life. the 50 caliber machine guns are anti vehicle. the m82a1 can literally send your body parts flying.
here. watch this and maybe see what really happens as apose to getting your gun info from games.

50 caliber rifle and the affects on a human

#117262 Camo Paint Jobs

Posted by BustaNinja on 26 July 2007 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

I was having an intresting comversation with one of my friends about your new camo paint job. It looks really sweet but when will you ever have to hide your gun in a place with white, blue, and purple. Come to think of it, When do those colors appear next to each other in nature? So on the subject of camo'ing. Its only worth it if you actually camo it. If you put werd colors in a camo pattern then its not worth it. However if it was jungle or desert camo it would be cool.

#117284 Camo Paint Jobs

Posted by BustaNinja on 26 July 2007 - 10:10 PM in Modifications

I was having an intresting comversation with one of my friends about your new camo paint job. It looks really sweet but when will you ever have to hide your gun in a place with white, blue, and purple. Come to think of it, When do those colors appear next to each other in nature? So on the subject of camo'ing. Its only worth it if you actually camo it. If you put werd colors in a camo pattern then its not worth it. However if it was jungle or desert camo it would be cool.

Never heard of Urban Camo, eh? There are lots of camo patterns that have nothing to do with blending into natural surroundings.

Yes I have. My uncle just came back from saudi and more reletives in the army. And i can't tell you how much urban camo sucks. I great example is in Rainbow six Vegas. They have a really good camo system. You can wear the blue and purple poke a dot camo. EVERYONE SEES YOU and you get killed right away. Go for a black or dark color and move fast, they never know your thier. And by the way, by defenition camoflage is the act of blending in to your sorroundings.

#117574 The Eyes Of Fire.

Posted by BustaNinja on 29 July 2007 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

This gives me even more inspiration to actually make my nerf minigun. I really would hate to piss you off at a war.

#117576 Dartsmithing, Would This Work?

Posted by BustaNinja on 29 July 2007 - 09:25 PM in General Nerf

Thanks again angel for that movie. I used it tonight when I made my first large batch of stefans. And on a completely other sudject (well not really) I plan on using a knitting needle to make holes for the post in my longshot. I can't find how to take that fucking thing out.

#117659 E-taped Plunger?

Posted by BustaNinja on 30 July 2007 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

e tape for a plunger is to thick. Yoou need only one wrap around and it doesn't stick if you do only one so go with teflon tape. I use it on all my plungers right away.

#117663 Dartsmithing, Would This Work?

Posted by BustaNinja on 30 July 2007 - 06:01 PM in General Nerf

Thanks again angel for that movie. I used it tonight when I made my first large batch of stefans. And on a completely other sudject (well not really) I plan on using a knitting needle to make holes for the post in my longshot. I can't find how to take that fucking thing out.

To remove the barrel post, after removing the air restrictor, you take a drill with a 1/2" bit, stick it in as far as it will go, and you drill the damn thing out.

EDIT- I found out how to take out the plunger and I took out the AR but was wondering if its worth it to cut out the post. I might as well but Im not sure.

#117665 Rfr Strap

Posted by BustaNinja on 30 July 2007 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

Why a strap when you could duct tape it to youe chest? I mean, no fumbling with the crappy thing when its always within reach to shoot the fools? But acctually, why use fugly ropes when you could make a strap out of duct tape. Take 2 pieces and put them sticky side at each other. Then, put e tape over the edges. It looks really cool because you can use colors. Its really cheap and easy to fix and its damned comfortable. Much more than rope.

#117701 The Hell Cannon

Posted by BustaNinja on 30 July 2007 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

Nice colors and a good paint job but to short for my liking. Not so much into cutting the LS frame.

#117823 Dartsmithing, Would This Work?

Posted by BustaNinja on 31 July 2007 - 09:14 PM in General Nerf

I was a little hesitant at first too. I thought it might have a lot to do with feeding the dart in straight, and I would have problems with it if I took it out. It's removed now, and I have had no problems with feeding at all. I'd take the post out, unless you plan on never using Stefans in it.

Oh far from it. Im currently working on two banana clips for my LS (They will be made like the real thing) and an ammo tin full of stefans + my new rifle bolts (longer and stronger). So I think I will do that then. Thanks.

#117855 Rfr Strap

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 August 2007 - 07:16 AM in General Nerf

I found the perfect nerf strap at ax man if anyone lives near one. It has the standard legth for a strap and it was intended for a shotgun so it has ajustable loops to put nerf darts in. Its really nice.

#117915 Rf20 Pump Problem

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 August 2007 - 05:47 PM in General Nerf

Immerse it in water and and pump once (push handle in) to check for leaks. dOn't pull the handle back out, as in can draw in water, and possibly screw things up.

It can cause probalems only on certain guns. I pumped water through my titan to find a leak. (Which it was only the sound of the air moving, no leak) and all it did to my gun was make it look like it was smoking after every shot. It has the really satisfying line of steam come out and it looks sweet.

#117918 Have You Ever Noticed?

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 August 2007 - 05:59 PM in General Nerf

I am a huge gun nut. I can probably name any gun you throw at me. I have been shooting for a while. I have really seen this in the paintjob sections. PEOPLE COMPARING NERF GUNS TO REAL GUNS. I've seen alot of it. People will show off their Longshot and someone will compare it to an ak or a m16 or a Barret 50. cal BMG rifle. I was wondering about how people fill about this. I should probably just let it go but Im a little tired of the insanely good LS painthob followed by the inevidable " Anyone else think it looks like this gun?" Your 2 cents please. So do you hate it to or just don't know enough about firearms to care?