lionhead333's Content

There have been 246 items by lionhead333 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#136908 Zaler- Heavily Modded Longshot.

Posted by lionhead333 on 22 January 2008 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

That is on of the cleanest integrations I've ever seen. my hat's off to you.

#131121 Your Nerf Teams Or Clans

Posted by lionhead333 on 01 December 2007 - 06:35 PM in General Nerf

The Cupcake Clan.
We have 6 members. Our signiture gun is a RF20 painted flat brown, with a white, color specked (sprinkles) muffler. The red barrels are a cherry. :lol:

We don't get much competition though. Most of us lack the initiative to get anything going.

#126882 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by lionhead333 on 21 October 2007 - 08:00 PM in General Nerf

I almost finished my second homemade, modded my crappy LS, and started an assasin style NF.

#120742 Why Does The Scout Have A Reverse Bayonet Mount?

Posted by lionhead333 on 22 August 2007 - 09:08 AM in General Nerf

The Disk shot also has vertical grooves.
For some sort of clamp, perhaps.

#127569 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by lionhead333 on 26 October 2007 - 06:36 PM in Off Topic

Well, 3 or 4 years ago, my favorite game was Kingdom Hearts(1), and a weapon in the game is the lionheart. Then my hair grew, giving me the nickname 'Leo.' My favorite number is 3, so I naturally put 3 of them.
I am now lionhead333.

As for the hair thing, you should find out tomorrow if you're headed to DCNO.

#138092 Who Can Count The Number Of Basketball Passes?

Posted by lionhead333 on 01 February 2008 - 07:27 AM in Off Topic

I counted 14, but I think there may have been 15. (the questionare has a link that says 13-15)

I also saw the gorilla my first time through, but the damn questionare wouldn't believe me. :blush:

EDIT: Since I already got it right, I decided to view the vid again, more carefully. About halfway through, one of the boys is standing in front of the girl. The boy in back passes to the girl, but she hot-potatoes it to the boy in front.
15 passes.

#127792 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by lionhead333 on 28 October 2007 - 09:40 AM in Modifications

Mine did too, and everyone started flaming me for it.

#126885 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by lionhead333 on 21 October 2007 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

Springs are at ACE, Home Depot and even occasionally Lowes.
I think it should be noted that our NF springs are not always #49. On my way through Pennsylvania, I stopped at an ACE, and the only spring even close was labeled as #54. #49 was a tension spring.

#123600 Where The Hell Did These Darts Come From?

Posted by lionhead333 on 19 September 2007 - 08:35 PM in General Nerf

Shadow, I don't THINK they're lanard darts. I googled it, and the darts that came up had a yellow shaft, unless I'm mistaken.

EDIT: Nope, the shaft of my darts is the same color as the head, and since it's foam, it appears a tad lighter.
EDIT 2: Nonsense, didn't larami only make guns that fired megas? These darts are micros.

#123598 Where The Hell Did These Darts Come From?

Posted by lionhead333 on 19 September 2007 - 08:19 PM in General Nerf

Well, today I got some guns I won off ebay, and I was annoyed, because the maverick (I didn't actually want it. It was just part of the package.) Had 2 darts jammed into a couple of barrels. Now, I was in bad lighting, and I thought these were your average micros. I go to the back room, and... What? The dart heads are turqoise! I yank them out, and the shaft is turqoise as well. The darts are exactly 2.5" long, and the head is 1/8" past each side.
Now I'm just curious... anyone know where these came from?

No pics- my camera is an ass. And also, like I said, I'm curious. Lets not all start flaming.

Note- They seen very old, at least a couple of years judging by wear. The hole in the back is the smallest I've ever seen (Less than an 8th" across).

#115274 Whats Your Fav Primary

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 July 2007 - 03:43 PM in General Nerf

I have PhaNe posted in the mod/paintjob pics forum in "Modifications", but to save you the trouble, I'll show you the pics now:

Posted Image

:mellow: Spectre, remind me to never oppose you.
My favorite currently is a modified nitefinder with an sm250 turret mech. Don't expect this to be added to the Haven. I've forgotten what I did...
However, I just bought twin magstrikes off of ebay. After I do my thing, they'll almost definately be my favorite.

#134234 Whats So Good About The Crossbow?

Posted by lionhead333 on 28 December 2007 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

I've never seen a longshot that is reliable approach crossbow range.

Mine does. :)
Although, I have to breach load, so it's still a single shot.

As for the crossbow, other than comfort, accuracy, and reliability, it's simply a legend. You can't get any clearer. Part of it's status is that it was the first primary with a trigger. Part of it is that so many nerfing legends have them, and use them regularly.

You see it all the time at my middle school. One of the populars does something, and everyone else wants to, to try and be more popular. We see all of the popular, veteran nerfers wielding X-bows, and we want one too.

#140083 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by lionhead333 on 13 February 2008 - 09:44 PM in General Nerf

Like raw shrimp, I got the blue SM3K at a young age. I later got a 1st edition nf, and an sspb. I was given an at2k as a gift.
I threw it out. Not being a modder yet, I thought it was broken.
For the next five years, I didn't touch nerf.

Over this past year, nerf has taken me back by storm. I've spent over $700 on blasters, and another ~$100 on homemades. Wallet diddle.

I <3 nerf so much now. If I'm away from a blaster for more than a few weeks, I go into 'withdrawl.'
I need another fucking hobby.

#115447 What Is Your Style Of Play?

Posted by lionhead333 on 11 July 2007 - 03:17 PM in General Nerf

Be it airsoft, paintball, or nerf, I have no preferred style. I fill in wherever needed, have fun, and (If I say so myself) am pretty good at everything.
My weapons are as follows.
All out- Magstrike with extra clips.
On the move- Longshot with extra clips
Cautious- At3k with homemade turret.

#118950 What Is This Little Kid Talking About?

Posted by lionhead333 on 09 August 2007 - 11:36 AM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure he's telling you to hook up an external bladder, but he doesn't have a clue how it works. I agree with angrscottishkid.
And baseball in the fact that these kids are too young to have an account.

#139104 What Is So Good About The Nightfinder?

Posted by lionhead333 on 07 February 2008 - 07:05 AM in General Nerf

Let me set this straight.
A maverick, properly modded, is like an ex. Sometimes it'll try to help, but you'll end up with shitty results. A NiteFinder, properly modded, is like the perfect little whore that's always ready to go.

#120876 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by lionhead333 on 23 August 2007 - 12:01 AM in Off Topic

Clarinet,
electric guitar,
and my 42-pound cat.
That's right, my cat. Think furry bagpipes that you don't blow into. He's a Tenar.

#131136 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by lionhead333 on 01 December 2007 - 07:59 PM in Off Topic

I'm not picky. Maybe a bit spoiled, but not picky.

A new computer
A Recon
Other nerf
Money
Some damn snow

EDIT: I just got that last one :lol:

#133820 What Did You Get For Christmas?

Posted by lionhead333 on 25 December 2007 - 10:23 PM in Off Topic

I asked for 3 things:
A recon, A new computer, and Flight Simulator X.
I got a Dell Inspiron custom built 531, and I'm gettING FSX.
I also got some other random stuff. Pipe cutters, this year's HESS truck (I used to collect them), a broken toe...

Pretty successful Christmas in my book. Except for that last one.

One last time before it's over: Merry Christmas, everyone.

#150422 Weird 90's Spy Blaster

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 April 2008 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

Well, I'm working on a writeup for this pathetic little spy gun I was given in the late 90's. Can anyone id it for me? I can't find anything.

Posted Image

#150443 Weird 90's Spy Blaster

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 April 2008 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Here it is shell-less next to my painted TTG shell.

When I was younger, I actually remember getting reasonable ranges out of this. 15-20 feet stock. With, like, 5 year old arms, what do you think I could get now and once modded?

#119987 Water Guns

Posted by lionhead333 on 16 August 2007 - 12:46 PM in General Nerf

I agree with SHA
However...
Well, I own the 2000, famed for being 'The best'. It is the assault rifle of super soaker, with 3 nozzle selections, the single blast around 50ft, and the shotgun still around 35. Though, even if it were new, I would only spend maybe $25 on it.

#116777 Was It Nerf Or Luck?

Posted by lionhead333 on 22 July 2007 - 12:12 PM in General Nerf

Way to go on the win!
Like badger said, marksman training doesn't help, and like shoeshine said, those games are almost always rigged.
I have been firing high-velocity weapons for the better part of 5 years. BB guns, pellet guns, and various .22 firearms. I play that game, leave a 2mm by 1mm strip of star, and I lose.
Damned rules.

#138734 Use Of Cell Phones In Wars...

Posted by lionhead333 on 05 February 2008 - 06:32 AM in General Nerf

The only time I ever used my cell (related to nerf) was at the UMD war. We were team deathmatch, and starting from opposite sides of the building. OMC called me to tell us we'd started.

#139507 Trouble With The Chainblazer

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 February 2008 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

Does the chain rotate when you try to fire? If not, check your clip advancing piece, found in the second part of this mod.

#131445 Tommy Twenty

Posted by lionhead333 on 05 December 2007 - 06:53 AM in General Nerf

With a little searching, you'd learn that a.) The Tommy 20 is semi auto (needed to tell Wisey that) b.) It's pretty damned loud c.) Pretty much the only inexpensive mod you can do is put rubber bands on the wheels d.) The "gun" jams almost every 30 shots e.) The most common price is $19.99, though it does, at some retailers, go down to $15. f.) The advertised ranges are almost always from an angled shot. Sometimes it's legit, but with this blaster, don't expect a lot more range than money spent (on average).

Isn't it funny how much searching finds out for you?

#111739 Titan Trouble

Posted by lionhead333 on 17 June 2007 - 03:07 PM in Modifications

Problem solved.
In the end, I had to cut with the shell's seam with a dremel. Well, that lacked finesse.

EDIT- My titan has ISSUES! When I first modded it, it got 79' with 20 pumps. I thought that it was just my sloppy mod. However, when I now fire it, (1 day later) my micros flip in the air and only go 24 feet! Please help me!

#112007 Titan Trouble

Posted by lionhead333 on 19 June 2007 - 02:48 PM in Modifications

The problem was my barrel length, which was only about 10-12 inches. I now use this for the missile, and have another 10-12 inch removable micro segment.
Shadow-#1, I did your way.
#2, My darts are fine, the problem was the barrel.

I haven't gotten official ranges yet, but they now appear well over 150 feet with 20 pumps.

#111709 Titan Trouble

Posted by lionhead333 on 17 June 2007 - 12:12 PM in Modifications

I tried to open up my titan today, to plug the OPR valve, and remove the safety, but I can't get past that orange ring in the back. I would just give up and live with an un-plugged pump, but of course, my dad just has to try, and now it won't close all they way. Would a hairdryer safely melt the glue holding it in place?

I know there has been a topic about this, but it was 2 years old, and I didn't want to necro it. Thanks,
~lion

#111721 Titan Trouble

Posted by lionhead333 on 17 June 2007 - 01:09 PM in Modifications

Thanks, guys.

But back to my original post, if I don't want to leave it off, can I melt the glue with a hairdryer? If not, what would happen?

#111711 Titan Trouble

Posted by lionhead333 on 17 June 2007 - 12:17 PM in Modifications

Do you mean from the back, back, or just the side of it?

EDIT: Texan, I know we're talking about the orange ring, but are you cutting around the base of it, or down the pump shaft towards it?

#131842 Titan

Posted by lionhead333 on 09 December 2007 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

Check this topic out. Most of it applies to AT2K's as well as the titan.
http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9018&hl=

Edit: See if your firing pin is all the way forward. In my AT2K, the o-ring (seen in above topic) hadn't blown out, but was halfway off the pin; blocking my air tank open.

In the mod, I substituted hot glue for superglue, and didn't use any e-tape. It now works just fine, but you have to make sure that you still have the spring that goes inside the airtank when you epoxy the halves together.

2nd Edit: Would Rokor's 'barrel plug' actually work? It seems to me that this would simply equalize the pressure between barrel and air tank. Seems to me that the most reasonable (and permanent) fix is the link above.

#116524 Theatrical Nerf Assassin

Posted by lionhead333 on 20 July 2007 - 09:23 AM in General Nerf

Like flaming hilt said, they're all slow to start, and the third didn't need such long faceshots.
But don't get me wrong, I like them, and I doubt I could ever make ones like this. If you are going to do more, speed up the tempo a bit.
Good work.

#120699 The What Should I Get Thread

Posted by lionhead333 on 21 August 2007 - 10:19 PM in General Nerf

I'm looking for a gun with decent range, good accuracy, and a comfortable grip.
If possible, I would like it to still be on shelves.
EDIT: Wow. Thanks for the replies. I forgot to say, I nerf outdoors with stefans, and I've already got 7 Nitefinders.

#144363 The Titan 2000

Posted by lionhead333 on 08 March 2008 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

I wanted to add something to my shotgun titan, as a backup while repumping. Sitting on my desk was a 2k, so I got on it. Please note that photobucket was being a bitch about resizing, so most pictures are in the form of links.

Materials-
Something to cut with
Glue
Screwdriver
Drinking straw
40 lb fishing line
Key ring
Epoxy
Titan with Absolver mod (or similar)
At2k
Dremel
Zip ties

Upon opening my titan, I found that the vinyl tubing to my pressure gauge looked like this

Posted Image

Instead of this (Which we also end up removing)

Posted Image

So, in addition to removing the stuff around our integration point (the bottom handle) I went about cutting off the gauge as well.
Use whatever you like to cut, and cut the vinyl tubing between the check valve for the hornet, and the pressure gauge. After you cut the pressure gauge, unscrew the white cap holding the tubing. This allows you to pull it out.

Posted Image

Take your epoxy and goop over the holes you've just made. This is what mine looked like right after I epoxied.

http://i266.photobuc.../Picture386.jpg

After this, I tore out anything related to the Scout, as I don't have one, and the rest of the hornet parts (like the trigger) as it is now pointless.

Posted Image

All in all, remove this stuff.

Posted Image

It's not necessary, but I completed the hole that the pressure gauge was resting in.

Posted Image

Now we dremel out the bottom handle. Make it look like this,

Posted Image

and don't forget to dremel out the front to allow the pump tube to poke through.

I don't have any more open pictures of the blaster, but place your 2k internals in the shell, pump in the clean dremeled space, air tank and liquitron hanging out. If you didn't notice the dremeled holes for the 2k's tubing in the other picture, dremel holes for it through the bottom of the titan's handle. Glue the pump tube in place. Close up the titan.

Glue the barrel of the 2k to the bottom of the squarish jut on the front handle. Because the vinyl tubing is trying to expand, your barrel will point upwards. I used 2 zip ties to fix this- one on the tubing, one on the barrel.

Posted Image

Lastly, the trigger system. Take your fishing line and cut about a foot off. Lace it through the spring on the firing pin, and tie it off. Cut about an inch of your straw, and thread the line through it. Glue the straw to the side of the titan's handle. This will keep it in place while you run. Tie the rest of the line around your key ring, and cut off the excess.

Posted Image

You're done! I would only keep about 4 pumps in the airtech, like any other. As for the titan, I didn't plug the overpressure valve, so I just pump until it kicks in.

Posted Image

Ranges are typical. The 4 shot titan gets around 80', and the airtech about 110'.
This was my first integration, and while it's not very clean, I'm proud of it. This has been an Aslan Arms production.
Questions? Comments? Flames?

#144486 The Titan 2000

Posted by lionhead333 on 09 March 2008 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

Bags- You're right. What kind of trigger was on that, the original? I might want to look into that.
And yeah, the 2k has incredible power for it's size, but I've been around them for ages, and I'm aware of what they can do.

OATN- Until I thought of my variation to the absolver, I did too. Overly powerful, banned from many wars, bulky, huge reload times, and difficult to aim. Once I realized that I could shotgun load my 4 barrels, and put up a wall of darts, it's become one of my favorite primaries. Only with backup integrations, though.

#144380 The Titan 2000

Posted by lionhead333 on 08 March 2008 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

Stephen- Thanks. I treat every blaster I own like a crossbow, so I doubt I'll damage it. Either way, I'll probably eventually cover it up somehow.
Hierarchy- In my search for a trigger system, I considered this. I, however, am terrible at making my own mechanics. I tend to screw up even simple mechanisms, which is why I stay away from homemades.

EDIT: Oh, hey, I fixed the pictures. Cool.

#144496 The Titan 2000

Posted by lionhead333 on 09 March 2008 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

So, if I interpreted that correctly, the 2k was hooked up to the Titan's tank? So pumping the titan pumped the titan and the 2k? If so, no worries. My airtech has no connection to the titan, beside sharing a case.

#129875 The State Of Hasbro

Posted by lionhead333 on 16 November 2007 - 07:08 AM in General Nerf

Well, you know... If there will be a line for college students and adults, perhaps the blasters will be shaped like their name, eh?
The vulcan will probably be a battery powered minigun with a tendancy for a possible drum hopper to jam.

#108326 The General, General, New Player Guide

Posted by lionhead333 on 30 May 2007 - 01:43 PM in General Nerf

I saw the Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle mod and I have some questions as to how the bolt mechanism works. The topic is quite old. Should I:
a) Necro the topic.
:huh: Start a new, partially redundant one.
c) PM the creator.

If you ask me, I think...
1.) Only post in a dead topic if it's a sticky, and even then use discression.
2.) Unless it actually has something to do with someone personally, don't PM.

I may be wrong, but that's the way I see it.

*EDIT* Does anyone have any idea why Thom's 'B' option became a smiley in the quote? Because I didn't change it.