Phree Agent's Content

There have been 220 items by Phree Agent (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#315650 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Phree Agent on 13 May 2012 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

Buzzbee Flintlock

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The V-neck takes it over 9000.

Still uses the stock priming mech, so I had to use the stock spring so it didn't break its self. Has a 1 in. plunger tube with a rubber washer seal.

#275185 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Phree Agent on 18 May 2010 - 03:39 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My new primary. 4k FTW. My paint quality was poor, but I got the job done.

#276990 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Phree Agent on 06 June 2010 - 04:21 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

I apologize for the pretty big pictures, and will change them again if needed.
My doubleshot. This thing still needs some tweaking, but its fun to use. Uses super soaker Deluge tanks with cpvc expansions. Still has the two stage trigger and break action. With 8 pumps it hits 70s with both tanks. Still needs a pump handle and some cosmetic work as well. A write-up MAY be on the way. I took pictures throughout, I just don't know if writing it all up is worth it. Questions/ Comments/ sway me to finish the write-up can be done through PMs.

#249998 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 September 2009 - 10:36 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maverick with Mega Missile inside. The MM pump is linked to the Mav slider bar. The trigger pin is also linked to the Mav trigger.

Barrel length is not final yet. Cosmetic work soon to come.

PM with questions, suggestions, etc.

#260281 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Phree Agent on 31 December 2009 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

My K9 special-ed PAS. Internal reinforcements and longshot spring added. Universal coupler system so I can single, use a breech, or use the RSCB set up. Extended stock can be pulled off if mobility is key.

Blastfire is just CPVC couplered. No leaks; shoots like a champ.

PM me if you have questions. Happy new year.

#319840 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 August 2012 - 07:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Just to be sure, this war falls under the "too big to fail" category right, rain or shine? I figure people (including myself) have traveled from too far away to have this thing rained out.

#331303 Nerf Elite Mega Centurion - Preview and Internals

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 June 2013 - 02:09 PM in News

I understand that it wouldn't seal perfectly, however with a tape seal you are left with a small opening (roughly 1mm by 1 mm judging by the picture) as opposed to the much larger opening, and the blaster still works well with the larger one.

What Carbon was trying to illustrate earlier was that any sort of indentation (whether plugged or not) will vent the pressure that is being built in front of the plunger head. Someone also alluded to the fact that if you widened the plunger head seal to be wider than the gaps, the pressure will not be able to escape because at no point in time will there be a passage from in front of the seal to behind the seal.

#283996 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 August 2010 - 07:34 AM in Off Topic

SC2 is beast, but they need to nerf (no pun intended) Terran. Totally unbalanced as of now. I haven't play too too much, so I am no pro but it's a solid game with tons of depth. If you are looking to play a game where you actually need skill to win, buy this. **Caution: Rage and or Rage quit potential is high in this game. You will get angry, but its mega fun**

#276790 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 June 2010 - 08:12 AM in News

Honestly, I think this gun is mega fugly. Other than that, I don't see it having any more potential than the already boarder-line absolutely awful, Maverick.

#295793 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Phree Agent on 11 March 2011 - 11:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, my group is having to back out. I will be jealously awaiting pics/vids.

#295650 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 March 2011 - 11:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, the DC area war fell through this weekend. So what better way to celebrate than to plan a 7 and a half hour trip to Cinci for an even bigger war the next weekend? We haven't got the details all figured out, but me and my housemates (5 or 6) are maybes as of now! Virginia representing!

#282628 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 August 2010 - 08:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Diamondback, no lie, team spank-ass shall reign supreme again sometime.

A forget his name, awesome guy in green shirt, but I just wanted to exclaim, "FLAG TEAM!!!"

I forgot to mention that I also got 2 hits with a maverick in a primaries round.

Just to reiterate, this war was awesome, and anyone that couldn't make it should most definitely try to get there next time.

#282505 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 August 2010 - 12:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Great war to all who helped it go smoothly from the planning stages to actually executing on game day. Honestly, I will speak for me and my 3 guests and say that we all had a superb time. I met tons of new people, in fact all the people I met were new faces. It was definitely worth the 7+ hours drive and the 4 of us staying the night in my Jetta in the Ihop parking lot.

Pros:
Great location(s)
Greatest strategic push of the day with Ryan my guest behind the bench using "Spooning power". Each of us dishing out 2 hit
Even though pump/+bows easily dominated most blasters present, there were plenty of other blasters on the field
Met TONS of new people that I would have no problem nerfing with in the future
Got to war test my 4k, and found that I need to add some brass stubs to the turret
Nothing broke (until the last round)

Cons:
Lost every dart I came with
Didn't have room in my car to bring the LOADS of stuff I wanted to sell/trade

Great war with great people. Thanks again everyone for a good time. See you all again next time.

-Phree and The loud guy with the 3k, and Kennywood tank top guy, and Hokie shirt guy

#281187 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Phree Agent on 24 July 2010 - 11:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Me + 4 will be there.

#325811 Dart and Barrels pictures thread

Posted by Phree Agent on 25 January 2013 - 07:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

Posted Image
AND
Posted Image

The Domes
Posted Image

Concept of final product
Posted Image

Domes sitting on top of foam. No stems or hole yet. (Just to give an idea)
Posted Image

------------
Posted Image

This is the bit I used, thus the tiny dimple in the center of the domes. It was $5 at Ace. I used Polyethylene cutting board as the molds. The stem mold was drilled with 1/4 holes.

Overall, my first attempt was pretty poor. You can see that some of the domes have some air bubbles/imperfections but for a trial run I am considering it alright. I don't have a scale that weighs any smaller than whole grams, so I can only say that these weigh much less than a gram (with the stem).

PM with questions or suggestions. This dart making thing is interesting to say the least.

#326920 Dart and Barrels pictures thread

Posted by Phree Agent on 17 February 2013 - 03:31 PM in Darts and Barrels

Posted Image

Silcone domes with 3/0 fishing weights in the stem. I wanted to make my heads heavier, but 3/0s were all I had. A BB might be a better alternative. Each head weighs >1.2g. Some of them aren't perfectly round because I did a poor job scraping my domes mold before applying the stem mold.

I poured the domes and let them cure for >24 hours. Then I added the stem mold on top. I would recommend leaving the stems to cure on top of the domes for >72 hours.

Posted Image

I haven't given them any kind of durability test yet (Stomping, smashing, ect.) or even put them on any foam yet, but I can say that the metal weight is completely covered by the silicone AND they are soft and bouncy.

I will mount these on some foam before too long and have some durability, range, and safety data to share at some point.

PM me with questions or comments.

#290122 Nerf Barricade - Clip Conversion - Mod Guide!

Posted by Phree Agent on 05 December 2010 - 09:27 AM in Modifications

About the rapid fire shots: I know fly wheel blasters in the past have had a hard time hitting consistent ranges while shooting rapidly because the flywheels slow down considerably after shooting a few darts. Do these motors have good enough torque to rapid fire well? Or do you have to wait for the flywheels to speed back up like other flywheel blasters?

#329097 RoughCut 4x4 "Dudley"

Posted by Phree Agent on 27 April 2013 - 02:53 PM in Modifications

When I first saw this mod I was expecting just huge globs of hotglue holding the 2 blasters together and a ziptie across the triggers. I am super impressed though with the quality here! The price tag on this thing (x2) still scares me away from trying it myself.

#304354 Homemade Vortex Discs

Posted by Phree Agent on 05 September 2011 - 05:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

After looking closely at the stock vortex discs, it seems that the most important part of the disc is the plastic insert. It may be a better approach to try casting these out of some sort of a resin, then casting foam (spray-foam, anyone?) around it. This could have the potential to make very strong discs that function just as well as the stock ones, assuming weight is kept the same. Using cast parts would also remove the need for glue, eliminating a potential cause of friction.

Using cast parts also lends itself to what I think is going to be the most important factor in trying to create homemade disks for these blasters: Repeatability and consistency. If the disk doesn't fly in at least a slightly predictable way, then it will be worthless in a war situation. And, unlike a homemade dart, a spinning disk needs to be nearly perfect in order to fly straight/well.

#257081 Ballzooka Mp150

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 November 2009 - 11:09 PM in Modifications

The concept and craftsmanship alone make this project awesome. I love the casing and the placement of the battery. Excellent work.

#295403 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Phree Agent on 05 March 2011 - 04:51 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone has some workable primaries that they would not mind my guests using that would be great if you could bring them. I have darts, and some primary worthy blasters, but maybe not enough depending on who all I gather to come. Please and thank you to everyone.

#291104 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Phree Agent on 18 December 2010 - 10:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Woot! Exams over, now let's talk business.

Anyone have any more info on location or even a date?

#295509 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Phree Agent on 07 March 2011 - 04:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Neither work particularly well with me. And I can say that my guest count will be severely downsized since it will no longer be spring break for us.

#293294 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Phree Agent on 24 January 2011 - 03:47 PM in Nerf Wars

The 12th works for me. I will be a definite and possibly a few guests.

Edit: My attendance will also be based on whether the 'definite' list grows some. I'm not going to drive a few hours to play a few rounds of doubles. Can't wait though, let's make this happen.

#293631 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Phree Agent on 30 January 2011 - 11:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Welcome back Cranky!

Also, as for this email list/ mini forum thing, I would totally be down.

#288189 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 November 2010 - 03:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Ohh man, this is just what I needed. I would be down for any of those dates I think. I would also be able to round up probably myself and three or four others to come.

#295157 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Phree Agent on 27 February 2011 - 08:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Just to give a better idea of numbers from me, I am a definite and I have 2 more definite guests and possibly 2 more maybes.

#334551 Nerf Centurion - Streamline/elite conversion

Posted by Phree Agent on 07 October 2013 - 10:12 AM in Modifications

I got excited when I saw the kit, and it is a step in the right direction I suppose. BUT, until the price comes down, I can't really expect too many people to spend close to $100** for an under-performing, overly large longshot. Granted, I am sure that with all the experienced 3D printer folks we have around here, something comparable could be crafted (for cheaper). But, that again depends on demand which is fairly low I would imagine right now.

Also, I kind of prefer the larger ammo. I think that is what makes this blaster fun and unique. If we want to push the limits on clip fed blasters, there are plenty out there currently that have adequate room for improvement/innovation.

**NOTE: The price I quoted was for the blaster AND the kit

#319106 Buzz Bee Range Master a new airgun

Posted by Phree Agent on 24 July 2012 - 03:26 PM in Modifications

All my questions were answered either while I was typing this, or in the video that I found in the Mods/PJ thread.

**Edited for redundancy**

#299906 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by Phree Agent on 15 June 2011 - 09:16 AM in Darts and Barrels

Have you tried doing the modifications that SGNerf did to his dart heads? He cut them down to change weight and he glued the felt pads on top for padding. Don't felt pads feed into hoppers well? I'm not 100% sure since I've never used a hopper.

To me, modding these heads defeats the purpose of manufacturing them. I see these heads as a premade dart tip that can just be slapped on some foam and called a dart, but I guess if that is what it is going to take to work in a hopper, then so be it.

#281549 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Phree Agent on 28 July 2010 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

I really like this mod. The rate of fire really wasn't as lost as some people are saying. The one thing that would really blow me away is if the Rev. 2 somehow had a linked pump handle and slide breech handle. Like on the first pump of the pump handle it would also load the breech, but the 2nd/3rd/4th pump would not open and close it. Then it would be just as fast as a hoppered 4B. That system wound definitely add complexity to the design though which I know you said you wanted to lessen with the Rev. 2.

#291533 The Compleat Stampede Mod

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 December 2010 - 01:28 AM in Modifications

Maybe I misunderstood a few other threads, but concerning the voltage: Weren't people having problems with the blaster just continually shooting above a certain voltage? What is that 'ceiling voltage' where the blaster is maxed out per say?

#292290 The Compleat Stampede Mod

Posted by Phree Agent on 05 January 2011 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

Just a comment about the BBB spring part. I tried using an OLD BBB spring and it is too tight in the plunger tube and will not work.

#313746 Baby Bottle Hopper

Posted by Phree Agent on 30 March 2012 - 03:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

Does it work with slugs? Does it work with lighter weighted darts such as single BB? I just would assume that it works better with heavier headed darts.

#311927 DCNF 3

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 February 2012 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Pretty jealous, no lie. Glad to see it was warm enough for short sleeves. Looks like fun, I plan on making the next one.

#311215 DCNF 3

Posted by Phree Agent on 14 February 2012 - 09:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there for sure.

I am becoming more and more bummed that I cannot make this war by the day! Always a good time nerfing with Tdog.

#310189 DCNF 3

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 January 2012 - 10:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a no-go for that weekend. You guys tear it up!

#303554 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 August 2011 - 02:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Me and my crew of 0-5(?) guests are maybes as of right now. Once I get back home (in a week) I'll have my schedules all figured out.

EDIT: I am a no go for sure. Aint happening, and I am devastated that I am missing another good one :(

#304821 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 September 2011 - 09:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry I missed this one fellas! Time to start planning the next one :D. I can cohost again if anyone would like. I am trying to nerf before it gets too cold to feel the darts haha.

#304074 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by Phree Agent on 30 August 2011 - 03:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Disclaimer: I am not attending THIS particular DCNF, so do what you want with my input.

That being said, I think a location can make or break a good war. I have been to wars at great places and at pretty shanty places. Overall, I think a good rule is to have AS MUCH cover as possible. To me, this creates a much better war than a large field situation does. As for mobstacles, they are really nice but if you really think about how much cover they actually add, I do not think they are worth making considering their cost/maintenance.