neonerfer's Content

There have been 376 items by neonerfer (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#44 The New Nerf

Posted by neonerfer on 15 December 2002 - 02:35 PM in General Nerf

*sigh of relief*
It's good to be back. I picked up an AT3k during the summer. It's a pretty good gun. Unmodded, it kicks the shit out of anything as an indoor gun. With red micros, I get about 50 feet from it. If the mods are worked out, this gun has a lot of potential.

#45 Pants

Posted by neonerfer on 15 December 2002 - 02:49 PM in Off Topic

Pffftttt. Who needs 'em?! I've personally never liked them. As a kid, I'd run around in my underwear. And cowboy boots...but that doesn't matter. Pants are too...restraining! I need to be free. Pajama pants are fine though. As long as I have good circulation and a nice breeze, one way or another, I'm happy.

#585 Socal War In Feb

Posted by neonerfer on 14 January 2003 - 12:33 AM in Nerf Wars

You'd better believe our lousy asses are gonna be there. Probably the regular 8 guys, give or take. Jeeze, it's great to hear from you guys again. I heard about it at school today and word got around fast. I'm stoked. My BBB is better than ever, I had it measured at around 100' last time I used it. And about the SDNO, I'd be cool with Spring Break. The location is simply amazing, wooded with a big rock formation in the middle, a dry/running river running two of the sides and tons of trees and cover. I'd be more than willing to organize the thing. I can't wait for the YANO.

#692 Socal War In Feb

Posted by neonerfer on 18 January 2003 - 02:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Alrighty...I included Jon in the count for my crew. I've talked to the group, and it'll probably be around eight people or so. I didn't bring that little twirp, but he's my friend's younger brother. I don't know, I didn't want him to come, but my friend's mom was driving us, so there wasn't much I could do. He's not coming to any wars, anytime soon though, I'll make sure of that. I've got about 30 micros or so...I lost a few at a nerf war a while ago. I'll see if I can get my BBB brassed, then whip up some nice micros. If not, I'll just stick with my pvc-crayola with airjets. If I'm feelin' really cool, I'll finalize my grenade, I've developed a way to not use airsoft BB's, but you get the same effect, nerf-wise. I'll try to get my landmine done, it's basically just a stationary homemade with a remote, but I think it's gonna be pretty cool. Mmmmmm, foamy.

#715 Side Arms

Posted by neonerfer on 19 January 2003 - 01:51 AM in General Nerf

My LNL, BBB combo is deadly. I couldn't go into battle without the LNL plus it makes me look cool.

#929 Matrix: Reloaded - Superbowl Trailer

Posted by neonerfer on 27 January 2003 - 01:16 AM in Off Topic

Shit, I missed it. Off to apple.com...

#1072 Armageddon Video

Posted by neonerfer on 01 February 2003 - 07:51 PM in Off Topic

I believe the Armageddon 2k and April LANO videos are done, Hal just isn't hosting them. I'm sure if nerfhaven were too offer hosting for the videos, he'd be happy to have you guys. I would really like to see them, so maybe the NH staff could ask Hal about it sometime.

#1377 Nerf Guns

Posted by neonerfer on 14 February 2003 - 02:24 AM in General Nerf

No, just effects. There's nothing special about throwing darts around.

#1402 Socal War In Feb

Posted by neonerfer on 15 February 2003 - 12:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, Jon isn't coming, so as of now I'm bringing 3 people. Carlo, Sam(without the little brother), and Toj. They've been to a bunch of LANO's with me, and they were all at armageddon. They're cool guys and most of you have met them. So out of my crew, we'll have 4 people. Yazoo.

#1420 Nerf History

Posted by neonerfer on 15 February 2003 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

I wouldn't have minded the wild, promiscuous sex and all the wonderful hallucinogens of the 60's. It would be so awesome to have the music of then along with the technology of today.

#1452 Kick Ass Yano

Posted by neonerfer on 17 February 2003 - 03:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh god that was fucking fun. The CTF wars were awesome. My guns were alright, they were about where they should be. I wasn't as prepared as I would liked to have been but I still had a blast. I was so tired when I got home I took a long ass shower, but now I'm like overtired and adrenalized. 16 people is perfect, no exceptions. We should have done a John Woo, we would have had so much fucking fun with that. I'm gonna PETG mod my 3000 soon, it's gonna be pretty swell. Anyways, great YANO Kevin, hope to do it again soon.

#1634 Gallery Section Is Alive!

Posted by neonerfer on 19 February 2003 - 09:22 PM in Site Feedback

Mark Kopitzke. And yes, he was defying gravity. He tends to do that. His agility and speed combined with his deadly shot make him well...just kick ass. I'm the cool cat in the back of that pic with the longish hair, snipin' it out old school style.

#1726 New Nerf Gun!

Posted by neonerfer on 22 February 2003 - 07:07 PM in General Nerf

Well Nerf sure has gotten creative on us...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...8&category=2537

:huh:

#1728 New Nerf Gun!

Posted by neonerfer on 22 February 2003 - 07:10 PM in General Nerf

It's so sleek and small. If you could strip it down maybe it would be cool to attach to another gun. I just saw that DJ Hurley has it at his site and it's a cocking gun. He claims that it shoots as far as a pocket blaster though. It's only fired when it's in the "gun shape," meaning it's moved to the L shape. If you could cut the "pen" part off and slap a brass or PETG barrel on there. Nerf Saturday Night special. I want one in any case.

:edit: I just noticed that those darts are smaller than regular ones. With another barrel you'd probably just use stefans anyways.

#1740 Hey Ladies!

Posted by neonerfer on 23 February 2003 - 03:16 PM in General Nerf

In responce to the models with the nerf guns...
It's pretty novel that they have nerf guns and everything, but I think they're slightly lacking in the attractiveness dept. Unless this "Ann" is super hot, which I'm sure she is, seeing her nude with nerf guns might just crush our hopes that there's hot naked chicks with toy guns out there.

#1741 Favorite Yano Moment

Posted by neonerfer on 23 February 2003 - 03:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, that one was great. We had like three rushers and Kevin was kicking ass on support. Support held off long enough for me to get the flag out of the base and run it a few yards before I got hit. It was just as we had planned it. I think Mark grabbed it after me and support took out most of the enemy's defense. And yes, Sam was impaled by many a dart at once. The CTF grassy hill wars were great. It's been said before but the last war was just beautiful. Spoon was shooting from behind a bush and I snuck up behind him and tagged him with a Lock 'n' Load a point blank. Kevin asked Spoon if he was in and he wasn't, and I shouted to Ray and he wasn't in either. Then blue team just exchanged glances and Kevin shouted, "Blue Team, CHAAAAAAARGE!" I took out one man at the base and grabbed the flag. Blue team took out just about everyone else. I ran it to about 10 feet from our base and somehow got hit but the rest of my team was mostly in and near. Toj grabbed the flag as soon as I dropped it and capped it. Hey, what are useless clan members for, eh?

Another memorable moment was when Toj went akimbo in the grassy hilly CTF with dual LnL's. He ran up to a smaller hill and was flanked by two orange. He dove, LNL's ready in almost a swan dive and dodged both their shots. He shot at both of them, and I think got them both. I saw the whole thing and it looked
really damn cool.

#1780 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by neonerfer on 24 February 2003 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Excellent...

The beggining of spring break will be great for a war. We're staying at a beach house the month of April, so I don't know if my mom can drive, but one of my clanmates probably will be able to if my mom can't. Sandy pants, you can catch a ride with us. You're going to be in San Diego, not Escondito, right? We're about 45 min from downtown San Diego, so if you could get up to where we're at, we'd be more than happy to take you the rest of the way. April LANO's always rock, second only to Armageddon. I almost have my PETG AT3k done, pretty much identical to CXWQ's, without the pretty wallpaper tile inside the transparent blue tank. It's gonna be great, and I may get my BBB telescoped with brass. Well, it sounds like alot of fun, can't wait.

#1816 Lnl Spring Upgrade

Posted by neonerfer on 26 February 2003 - 01:13 AM in Modifications

Sawtooth and Ratchetblast have very strong, similar springs. The LNL spring is horrible, and just about any spring would do a better job. You could check home depot, and I wouldn't reccomend the EAB spring, much too weak. My friend
triple springed his BBB, and I guess you could double spring a LNL as well...

#1900 What Do You Do In The Winter?

Posted by neonerfer on 01 March 2003 - 11:57 AM in Off Topic

Go to the beach :D

I just got a 3/2 full wetsuit and high fasion booties to go with it. It's usually around 70° here and the water usually doesn't get colder than 60° so it's perfect surfing weather. The beach is usually empty and we don't have to worry too much about snow or icecaps...

:D

#1946 What Do You Do In The Winter?

Posted by neonerfer on 03 March 2003 - 12:16 AM in Off Topic

neo: What's a 3/2 wetsuit? does it cover half of you twice? I have an 8mil wetsuit that I get out in the fall for the local scuba action. Laguna has some nice dive spots and the water is super clear in September with the cold bottom water coming in.

PoF: That would be the CRT tan option. Radiation... yum!

Groove: That's assumed.

3/2 means 3 mm body and 2mm arms and legs. It's like yours, but I can actually move around in mine...

#1980 Base Defense Cannons, And You

Posted by neonerfer on 03 March 2003 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd choose the dual-barrelled, semi-automatic just for the sole reason of being badass. If you are worried about it being unfair, try making it to shoot balls! They're easier to work with and probably a lot easier to obtain than darts. You could make it shoot ping pong or nerf balls. The balls are slightly less accurate and travel slower, but the ROF would probably go up and you could have a greater payload. It would probably be easier as well, you could even use a motor if you so desired. And the loading mechanism would be nearly identical to a paintball one, just on a much larger scale.

The second design seems like it would be the only one that would work with darts because the reloading/ammo/ROF aspect of it would make it more like nerf. I wouldn't want to use this gun because it just doesn't seem like it would be much fun.

The third design is out of the question for a base defense in my mind. A mortor is valuable, but not the type of thing you would want as your only defense for a base. It's more a blow-holes-in-the-enemy's-flank type of gun than the kind of protective turret most people would like.

The first design definately appeals to me, and if you think you can encorperate darts into it in a couple of weekends then go ahead, I can't wait to see it. I personally think that use of ball ammo would be much more effective and fun for those participating in the war.

#1983 Base Defense Cannons, And You

Posted by neonerfer on 04 March 2003 - 12:13 AM in Nerf Wars

I didn't doubt you for a second...I knew if I did, I'd be shut down with a smooth 3d animation. ;) That system looks pretty inmpressive, the only thing I was doubting was if you could get such a project done in one or two weekends. Looks like you know where you're going with this, so I'm gonna support the first design with your breech system, using darts, of course. I can't wait to see the finished product(s) or even a diagram. Zero, you're way ahead of me...

#2037 Shotgunners Rejoyce!

Posted by neonerfer on 06 March 2003 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

What happens when only one slice gets pushed out and the other ones are stuck in the barrel?

One slice shoots and the others stay in the barrel...

;)

#2042 Shotgunners Rejoyce!

Posted by neonerfer on 06 March 2003 - 10:37 PM in Modifications

Always a pleasure.

#2049 Shotgunners Rejoyce!

Posted by neonerfer on 07 March 2003 - 12:14 AM in Modifications

Stop that.

#2077 Taglines

Posted by neonerfer on 08 March 2003 - 07:45 PM in Site Feedback

Poo. You couldn't sell both, could you? That would be really cool if you would do that for us, cause I really like the second one and don't like the winner too much. Just an idea.

#2182 Shotgunners Rejoyce!

Posted by neonerfer on 13 March 2003 - 02:19 AM in Modifications

And if you don't want to use airsoft BB's, you can cut mini hot glue gun sticks into small peices and use those as shrapnel. There's no reason for them not to be legal in wars because you're using them already AND real BB's in the regular ammo supply.

#2272 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by neonerfer on 17 March 2003 - 12:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah barricades sound really cool, especially in the alamo area. Three feet though? That is a little short. I think 3.5 or 4 feet would be ideal for everyone, especially the taller folks ;) . I really love barricade wars or wars with similar type cover. That's pretty much where I play best. I'm a very sneaky man and I do love my cover. I'll support them in all areas and make a few too.

#2273 Secondary Fire Mode On Bolt-action Rifle

Posted by neonerfer on 17 March 2003 - 12:58 AM in Homemades

That's really fucking cool. I love the idea of the "automatic/bursty-type" method you're doing with that bike seat. A working grenade launcher could be very fun. I've made a few grenades in my day, and my favorite on is "the pvc grenade." It's basically a grenade made out of pvc with a spring to propell the ammo and a cork or something similar in the top. It is weighted on the bottom and uses small ammo, such as airsoft BB's, beads, or cut up peices of hot glue. My current grenade has a working pen, and they are very reliable and work very well. Sorry I don't have pictures or a detailed write-up of them as of now, I haven't thought about them in a while. If you're interested, expect to see a writeup in a week or less. I'll submit it to NH.

#2274 Shotgunners Rejoyce!

Posted by neonerfer on 17 March 2003 - 01:44 AM in Modifications

I wasn't totally supporting airsoft BB's, I'm more for the hotglue bits. They're easier to come by and I'll bet they'll be pretty much accepted by most war directors, if not all.

#2316 What Is The Best First Mod

Posted by neonerfer on 18 March 2003 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

Uh I think he means what a good mod would be for a begginner. A super maxx 1500 is pretty easy to modify, just involves plugging the plunger and replacing the barrels with PVC, Brass, or PETG. Spring guns are very easy to modify. If you can find a L'n'L or an EAB, mess around with those. Stretch the spring, replace the barrles. Air pressure guns tend to be harder to modify than spring guns, so for your first mod, I'd reccomend a spring gun. If you're feeling really bold, grab an Airtech 2000 or 3000 and modify that. It's not too much harder than a Super Maxx 1500, but to get the barrel assembly off, you have to remove the rotation mechanism. You could just mod the barrels with them still attatched to the gun if you feel like it, I just find it easier to work with the barrel assembly by itself. The main thing is just get a decent gun and get good mod instructions, such as the ones on Nerf Haven. Good luck!

#2332 What Is The Best First Mod

Posted by neonerfer on 18 March 2003 - 06:42 PM in Modifications

:huh: thanxs alot.

No problem, hope your modding goes well.

#2971 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by neonerfer on 04 April 2003 - 02:07 PM in Nerf Wars

No god no!!! Why must you torment me?!

Those things were more than hip. They were way hip. Zebra print is cool though.

#2985 2003 Toy Fair Pics

Posted by neonerfer on 04 April 2003 - 07:13 PM in General Nerf

Those look pretty cool, with the exception of the slingshot. I mean even if I was a stupid eight year old, I still wouldn't buy that "gun." The pistol looks cool, but there's a minor problem with it. It's going to be more expensive than a normal nerf gun just because you probably have to pay for that target too. I'd guess that the pistol will be $15-20, as opposed to the Lock 'n' Load and Secret Shot's $8-12 price tag. Not too big of a problem, just something of a setback. Other than that, it looks pretty cool. It should be easy to PETG/Brass it without too much trouble and it would look pretty sleek too. The ball machine gun looks very cool to me. A decent ammo load, pretty good ROF, and it looks like the accuracy will be ok. I've always liked ball guns, and I think that gun will be fun for indoor wars or just messing around. I'm probably going to buy the pistol and machine gun.

#3026 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by neonerfer on 06 April 2003 - 04:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not totally sure if we can make it. As of now, I don't know if we have a ride because my fam and I are staying at a beach house on the weekends and the week of spring break. I don't think my mom would be too excitied to spend the day in Irvine, when she'd rather be enjoying the beach. I'll try my best to make it, I'll give Sam a call to see if we can bum a ride from him. Toj can't drive, his 'rents are busy, but we'll see what we can do. My BBB is alright as of now, I was really hoping to telescope brass it, but I can't find it anywhere around here. I tried a PETG/Brass telescope type deal but it didn't work to well. I guess I'll just rebuild the stock and tune it up a little, it was less than satisfactory at the last YANO, cause I tried to epoxy the coupler on, and I guess the seal wasn't the best. Hotglue gives me a great seal, but isn't too sturdy or reliable. Do you guys know of anything that has the seal of hotglue, but the strength of epoxy? Also, I may try attaching the coupler to the air chamber this time, cause I'm sick of the barrel being crooked. Anyways, I hope we can make it to the YANO, hope to see you all there.

#3030 Proof Of Hasrbo Engineers Modding Their Guns

Posted by neonerfer on 06 April 2003 - 05:42 PM in General Nerf

I stumbled upon this searching for Big Bad Bow on google. It's an interview on Monster.com with an editor from Hasbro and he mentions the Hasbro engineers modding their guns and also talks about nerf a little.

"Monster: Have you ever been shot in the face with one of those Nerf Crossbows?

Hasbro Editor: No, but I once got shot in the back of the head with a Big Bad Bow, which is a lot more powerful. It has screaming arrows, so I could hear it coming before it hit me. Sometimes the engineers modify the guns to be more powerful than the ones we actually sell to kids, so you get smacked upside the head by a dart going forty miles-per-hour."

Cool stuff, check out the article here.

#3380 April YANO Wrapup

Posted by neonerfer on 13 April 2003 - 12:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Hell yeah I need a new gun. You know you have a problem when your Big Bad Bow decides to separate into two pieces, mid war. I desperately want a crossbow, I did really well with Mark’s one war. It fits my style perfectly, it’s no wonder Mark and Ray proceed to nail every fucking thing that they shot at, although they’re both a great shot. If anyone has a crossbow not in use, or knows of one for sale, for God’s sake, let me know. Otherwise, I’m pretty sure my friend has a mint BBB that he’d sell to me pretty cheap. Maybe I’ll try to revamp my old BBB. If not, expect some pretty pyrotechnics. In any event, expect an impressive gun by Armageddon. I’m looking forward to hitting what I point my gun at. Kevin and Spoon, many thanks for letting me use your guns, I really owe you guys one. And sorry for getting a dart stuck in your EAB Kev, I hope it’s easy for you to get out.

Some of my favorite moments:

-Ray chasing me down and shooting at me point-blank, then me pulling off a super radical matrix-spin-dodge©

-Ray sliding under my dart and fucking me over with his X-box once again. I didn’t know what had happened until Ray was gone, quick fast speed of light run away speed racer.

-Toj being chased down then surrounded by four people. He tried to matrix-spin-dodge© but since I’m the only one who can legally do that, he got hit twice in the air, then was shot twice by me(LNL and BBB) once on the ground. Toj, you owe me royalties and a blow job.

-Me getting nailed in the shoulder across the urban area as my team was walking to the grassy area. Nice shot Jason…

Best loser: Ray, followed close by Mark. Ray just had a killer ROF due to his brass w/ Stefans.

Best assaulter: Jason. He’d rush fast as hell, block every dart with his manta ray, then proceed to take our defense out with his AT2k.

Best rushers- Mark and Jeff were just fucking fast as hell.

Best suicide bomber- Toj. Blowing a hole in half the other team, leaving with all his nipples intact. I’d give it to Jon, because he was really good at the suicide part, but he was just lacking in the “killing the other team” part.

Best defense- Jon, CXWQ, and Spoon. Can’t touch this, nuh nah nah nuh nah nah nuh nuh.

Best leeching of other people’s guns- Me, of course, who else?

Most accurate gun- The Big Broken Bitch, as I think I got more kills with my LNL than with the BBB.

Best hit counting- Blonde haired halfing, follwed in close second by Jeff. Jeff was hit 2,496 times but was really only hit twice because he didn’t feel them.

Most damage done- Jeff. He hit me at least 120 times every round, he’s awesome at altering the course of the dart with his mind. I think he hit 6 people with the same dart, on the same shot. It just kept bouncing off people and hitting others.

#3459 Nerf Movie

Posted by neonerfer on 14 April 2003 - 07:15 PM in General Nerf

I always knew I'd be someone's badass sidekick somewhere along the road. I'd love to do it, so long as I get to wear a trench coat. I'm hoping to get my BBB looking more like an assault rifle, realistic looking stock, maybe a paintjob, and I'd just look way to badass with that and dual black LNL's. Anyways, I'm in. For music, maybe a few Metallica songs would work well, or perhaps Rage Against the Machine.

#3461 Nerf Movie

Posted by neonerfer on 14 April 2003 - 08:52 PM in General Nerf

Hrm.. How about a scene with two guys wearing trench coats and sunglasses walk up to each other, draw an LNL simultaneously, and put it to each other's head, all to the matrix lobby scene music, and then they shoot each other in the head. How about that for an opening scene. Yeah, like, one dude is running from the other in a park, and then after like a minute, he stops, and turns around, and then they do the LNL thing.

I can't really make it out to SoCal, but, I can help you organize the plot like Groove offered to.

Nope.

#3496 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by neonerfer on 15 April 2003 - 07:14 PM in Off Topic

I'll show up in my floor length trenchcoat and full matrix duds. Can't wait.

I can see it now...

*walks into theater*

Employee: Can I please have your ticket sir?

*pulls out dual uzis and wastes entire movie theater*

Now, that's a lobby shootout. :D