jmwasko's Content

There have been 58 items by jmwasko (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#328642 Clash of Steel: Necrohorse of Glory (Working Title)

Posted by jmwasko on 08 April 2013 - 10:49 PM in Nerf Wars

As long as things don't escalate even further, and I don't have to deal with getting capped in the face by some teenaged fuckwit with a singled bigblast,

Wait why are you guys talking about me?

#318044 Like Nerfing a Dead Horse 3: Foamcoming

Posted by jmwasko on 05 July 2012 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice to see a war close to home. I live in Erie, Pa. Pittsburg isnt a bad drive. Would love to come, but Sundays don't work for me. Let me know if you plan out any other wars, I'd be game!

It'd be great to have you ninja. For various reasons we have clung to Sundays over the past few years, but I don't think that is as much the rule anymore. Just check back for future wars...we go for a monthly basis.

#317873 Like Nerfing a Dead Horse 3: Foamcoming

Posted by jmwasko on 02 July 2012 - 05:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Do something idiotic and dangerous for me will you?

We'll be sure to mention said acts in the reviews Monkey. Where are you anyways?

#317498 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by jmwasko on 24 June 2012 - 04:24 PM in Nerf Wars

July:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22738] 8th [PA] March 2 Glory: Foamcoming[/url]

#317491 Like Nerfing a Dead Horse 3: Foamcoming

Posted by jmwasko on 24 June 2012 - 02:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

Hosted By: Me and the usual suspects

Description: Here at Pittsburgh Nerf, we have a favorite nerfer couple surrounding flamincows. And that couple is finally making the journey to visit us after moving to a distant land. So, this July, let's nerf again. For them. And mostly for us.

Date: Sunday, July 8 2012
Time: 10:00 AM-4:00 PM

Pearce Road and Highview Road, Baldwin, PA 15234
When you get to this intersection, there is a sign indicating to continue downhill on Pearce Road into the park.

We may move sometime after lunch.
Second Location: Williamsburg Park, Mt. Lebanon, PA

Meeting/Staging Areas:
At Armstrong Park, we will set up shop in the large gazebo to the right of the drive way. We will form a caravan to move to Williamsburg Park if we choose to do so, but in case of any stragglers, will commandeer the pavilion there if it is not occupied. Otherwise, we will convene on the stone wall at the extreme point of the turn-around loop.
Restrooms: PortaJons are typically available at all of our usual locations.
Hydration: Bring water/Gatorade etc. for yourself with your lunch. Water might be available from hosts just in case.
Food: Bring a bag lunch/dinner for the middle of playtime. Go out for food at your own risk of missing rounds. Hosts can refer you to nearby restaurants.
Sun protection: You may need it if the weather forecast calls for anything beyond mostly cloudy.

Contacts: Post here or PM me with questions. If you really need to, you can email me at waskojm@yahoo.com. I’ll give out my phone number in private correspondence.

Guntypes to bring: Your primary, secondary, a pistol, a pistol for gunslinger, and really anything else you want.
Guns that may be banned:Everything is on a case-by-case basis pending modifications. Myself and the usual Pittsburgh veterans have final say.
Gametypes that will be played: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Gunslinger Heaven, Defend the Core, and anything else we come up with on the spot.
Rules: Standard rules for Deathmatch and CTF as listed in Nerf War Etiquette, if that document is still out there. All other gametype rules will be explained prior to the round. If you repeatedly break any of these rules, you’ll be asked to sit out a round. If you continue to after this initial action, you’ll be asked to leave if possible. We’ll find ways.

Facebook Page: Under the same name here. Check it out if you want and mark your attendance.

Attendance
Definites:
jmwasko
sublimedom777
sleepy
jwasko
flamincows
princexbuster
Non-members x1

Maybes:
Non-Members x1

In Spirit:
NerfMonkey

#298097 MAYhem

Posted by jmwasko on 14 May 2011 - 10:30 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone cares, I'm going to come and bring most of my nerf stuff to sell except for what I use or have materialistic plans for wars this summer with. I need money for my trip to Italy, so I'll probably be trying to make anything I can, so make bring some cash and feel free to make ANY offers.

#298015 MAYhem

Posted by jmwasko on 12 May 2011 - 09:43 PM in Nerf Wars

My BBBB is broken, my NF springs have shrunken to half their size (like flamin at the last war...or his lack therof), and I'm tired.

I guess I'll come as long as I can whine all over the new park like it's my girlfriend.

#294722 March To Glory

Posted by jmwasko on 19 February 2011 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

MARCH TO GLORY: PITTSBURGH NERF SEASON OPENER

Description: Yeah, Pittsburgh nerfing kind of died out over the school year or offseason this time for some reason. But we want to change that. So grab your gear, come to our war, have some fun, and MARCH TO GLORY!! (Read that like you're a sparten Gerard Butler...no I'm not taking myself that seriously.) Remember, ALL ARE WELCOME, the more the better, although quality is good too.

Hosted By: jmwasko

Date: Sunday, March 13, 2011
Time: 10:00-5:00 PM
Location: Armstrong Park (See jwasko's post below for an address link.)
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=150867538304545
Attendance: Here’s the current attendance; Post with yours.
Definites:
jwasko
flamincows
jmwasko
sublimedom777
princexbuster
nerfmonkey!

Meeting/Staging Areas: TBA
Restrooms: PortaJons are available at all possible locations.
Hydration: Bring water/Gatorade etc. for yourself with your lunch.
Food: Bring a bag lunch/dinner for the middle of playtime. Go out for food at your own risk of missing a round(s). Hosts can refer you to nearby restaurants.
Sun Protection: Probably won't need it this early
Umbrella/Rain Jacket: Probably a better idea.
Eye Protection: Bring it, seeing as its necessary for those under 18 and recommended for all in my book.
Contacts: If needed, Pm or PM and ask for a phone number to speak to me.
Guntypes to bring: Your primary, secondary, a pistol, a pistol for gunslinger, and some foam melee in case we mess around with them.
Guns that may be banned: (as usual) Air guns meant to fire anything but micro darts with their pumps plugged and RFSGs modded really well. However, everything’s on a case-by-case basis pending modifications. You know how we roll, we really don't care that much at all to exclude much.
Gametypes that may be played/attempted: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Gunslinger Heaven, Swashbuckler Heaven.
Rules: Standard rules for Deathmatch and CTF as listed in Nerf War Etiquette (See the link on the Useful Stuff page if you haven’t yet.). All other gametype rules will be explained prior to the round. If you repeatedly break any of these rules, you’ll be asked to sit out a round. If you continue to after this initial action, you’ll be asked to leave if possible. If you continue to act immature about the request, you won’t be allowed back.

Looking forward to this one guys. Let's have a good war.

#287614 Pow! Halloween

Posted by jmwasko on 28 October 2010 - 06:41 AM in Nerf Wars

For reals, ,we should've had the war during trick or treating. No kids on the playground. And anytime we got hungry we could go get free candy.

#283656 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by jmwasko on 21 August 2010 - 10:52 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I won't be in attendance. I have to say my favorite moment from Pittsburgh nerf this year has to be a toss up between events that occurred at POW! May and Apoc. "Ambush" at POW! May was cool and bursting out of the woods with other Sex Dwarves to meet an entire battle line of nerfers during the first round was a sight to remember.
Oh and I'll have some stuff for sale sunday for all those coming. Its listed on the PNC forums here.

#281275 Clash Of Steel: The Real Steel

Posted by jmwasko on 26 July 2010 - 11:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, so I really don't know how I felt about this war. I think I've decided that I'd like to see continued use of Armstrong Park since I had a lot of fun on its terrain yesterday, especially for future editions of Clash of Steel. However, I was generally just not satisfied yesterday.

Postives:
Good, well-played Rounds
My breeched BBBB and everything else working well

Negatives:
The playing of rounds still seemed sluggish after the first few hours.
Too many breaks that lasted too long.
Losing a lot of darts to thieves and the ground.
Not a lot of pictures.
Very poor attendance.

A lot of the negatives about the war like the lackluster attendance were probably my fault for not working on this war or promoting it much, but still I'd like to have seen more. On the sluggish round-playing: Don't get me wrong. We're getting better, but I feel like we're in a "lets nerf half as much as we bs" rut that we just can't get out of however much I'd like to. Overall, this wars just something to improve upon next time around.

Pictures will be up soon.

#281186 Clash Of Steel: The Real Steel

Posted by jmwasko on 24 July 2010 - 11:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Well I don't know why I ever tried such an odd activity, but after a day of panic I managed to make a simple breech for my BBBB and just now finished packing and making my lunch. Why do I try to mod?

So, if you haven't updated your attendance, well, its too late probably. But we'd still like to see all of you "maybe"s show. Just remember everyone:
1.) 9 oclock arrival time at the latest if you want to start nerfing at 9:15 when the first round starts. If you come later though, that's fine too.
2.)Everything will depend on numbers of attendance. If enough come, I'd like to do random team selection to save time using playing cards. If not, we'll do captains and choosing. The types of games we play will also depend.
3.) Please. Pretty pretty please bring a couple spare bucks to contribute to the money I spent to reserve the gazebo for our shelter and staging area. I'm not making a profit AT ALL, and will be happy to get half of what I spent back if that. So, if you can spare 3 to 5 dollars, please do so.

Alright Sex Dwarves, LETS ROLL.

#280990 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by jmwasko on 22 July 2010 - 05:24 PM in Nerf Wars

JWasko and I shall most definitely be in attendance for this fine war.

#279709 Clash Of Steel: The Real Steel

Posted by jmwasko on 07 July 2010 - 06:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Swashbuckler Heaven is the one with the swords right? If so is it alright to use a six foot claymore?

Yes, the game was created by karpenter63, I believe, and I haven't played in years, but I believe we'll try a round depending on our numbers. And that sounds like a legal weapon to me.

#278519 Lndh2: Like Nerfing A Dead Horse

Posted by jmwasko on 25 June 2010 - 12:43 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm just happy I'm such a cornerstone in Pittsburgh nerfing that I don't even have to RSVP to wars anymore. And seriously, this ice cream cake needs to happen.

#277012 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by jmwasko on 06 June 2010 - 07:05 PM in Nerf Wars

July:
http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19648

#277010 Clash Of Steel: The Real Steel

Posted by jmwasko on 06 June 2010 - 06:55 PM in Nerf Wars

CLASH OF STEEL: THE REAL STEEL
A Pittsburgh Nerf Clans War
Hosted By: Me, jwasko, and sublimedom777.
Description: After a successful "beta" war last year, The Real Steel will be Pittsburgh Nerf Clans' first Annual Clash of Steel War. Originally intended as team based war pitting clan against clan, Clash of Steel is really just about having one hell of an instense war with a lot of fun mixed in. ALL ARE WELCOME! Really, this is a max effort war in Pittsburgh that can only get better with the number of attendees. The day will consist of quickly run rounds played on terrain that includes anything from fields and lawns to wooded areas and playgrounds. Things will start early so as to use the entire park for the first rounds before the locals wake up. Additionally, a nice and large gazebo is reserved for exclusive nerfer use for the day. There are no chairs or tables, but there should be plenty of room in case of poor weather. As such, a donation of $3-$5 dollars would be greatly appreciated to help pay for the reservation. It's worth it though. As the second time that Pittsburgh has run C.o.S. at Armstrong Park, it can be guaranteed that the park is a great time and and that great times will certainly be had, so sign up below and grab your gear, cause its time to nerf Pittsburgh.
Date: Sunday, July 25, 2010
Time: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
464 Pearce Road
Baldwin, PA 15234

More Information:
Backup Location: Williamsburg Park
Meeting/Staging Areas:
Armstrong Park: The large gazebo off to the right of the Pearce Road Driveway before pulling into the lot at its end. This is reserved for our exclusive use.
Williamsburg Park: The Shelter/Pavilion directly by the Colewood Drive Parking lot, or the wall by the turn around if the shelter is being used.
Restrooms: PortaJons are available near both locations.
Hydration: Bring water/Gatorade etc. for yourself throughout the day and with your lunch. Water may be available from hosts just in case.
Food: Bring a bag lunch/dinner for the middle of play time. Go out for food at your own risk of missing a round(s). Hosts can refer you to nearby restaurants.
Sun protection: Bring it!
Contacts: PM me with questions etc. or to request my phone number if needed.
Guntypes to bring: Your primary, secondary, a pistol, a pistol for gunslinger, and a foam sword (Pittsburgh nerfers seem to be into melee rounds once in awhile nowadays.)
Guns that may be banned: (as usual) Air guns meant to fire anything but micro darts with their pumps plugged and RFSGs modded well. However, everything’s on a case-by-case basis pending modifications and we are lax on such matters.
Gametypes that will be played: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Gunslinger Heaven, Freeze Tag, and Defend the Core.
Gametypes that may be played/attempted: Assault, Assault and Disarm, HvZ, and Swashbuckler Heaven.
Rules: Standard rules for Deathmatch and CTF as listed in Nerf War Etiquette. All other gametype rules will be explained prior to the round if unknown. If you repeatedly break any of these rules, you’ll be asked to sit out a round. If you continue to after this initial action, you’ll be asked to leave if possible.
Facebook Page: Clash of Steel: The Real Steel; Check it out and mark your attendance as well if you would like to.
Definites:
Jmwasko
Sublimedom777
jwasko
flamincows
princexbuster
NerfMonkey
b0o0gers
karpenter63
Non-Members: 5

Maybes:
Jedijoe9
Gunpowder Jones
Twitch
Mr. BadWrench "if he fixes his stupid car"
QUADSHOT
Non-Members: 10

#276384 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by jmwasko on 29 May 2010 - 11:16 PM in Nerf Wars

The gazebo at Armstrong is on reserve for Clash of Steel for a week until I send in a request and payment for the permit. So, as long as no one absolutely loves Roundhill tomorrow, we're all set. I hope everybody's geared up for POW! May, cause things are gonna get heavy.

Let's roll.

#275811 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by jmwasko on 24 May 2010 - 02:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a very likely maybe for this sunday's war if I'm not already. That's right guys, bring your A-game.

#275181 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by jmwasko on 18 May 2010 - 03:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Clash of Steel is back to the 25th, jwasko will update the schedule at his earliest convenience. As for POW! June, I don't want to cut people out of coming jsut because I can't make it on the 13th. IF you wanted to move it, I'd suggest the 7th and I won't be tired as I prob won't be coming to POW! May. Plus, where is it being held? Thats a big factor in my attendance too. As for speedloaders, since it I'll actually be excited for this war, I should have plenty of ammo ready. If you recall I'm usually carrying more darts than enyone else most rounds.

Additionally, I've had a steady girlfriend since POW! March or whenever the hell it was I last came to a war so that shouldn't be a problem. I thought the fact that I had a girlfriend came up when you offered yours up to me as a trade for my manta, remember?. Oh and I would be willing to trade it to you for some custom gun modifications if you're still interested. Francis is nice and all, but I need a new pair of NFs and a good PAS.

Oh and Armstrong Park's pavillion is reserved all summer, so Clash of Steel's staging area will be the gazebo in the northeast region of the park.

#274946 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by jmwasko on 16 May 2010 - 04:32 PM in Nerf Wars

My attendance for the next few wars:

Well, right now my attendance on May 30th looks sketchy as there are a lot of other things going on that weekend. I'd say its safe to count me out.

POW! June is also out as I'm committed to another event already that entire weekend.

I'm probably a definite for LNDH on the 27th of June, unless there's something else mandatory (school/work related) going on then.

And right now I can't come to my own co-war if COS is hosted on July 18 rather than the 25 like I've made arrangements for since March or something. Soo...yeah.

Thanks.

#273991 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by jmwasko on 03 May 2010 - 10:01 PM in Nerf Wars

It actually, in my experience, depends on the park. Williamsburg Park, where LNDH was held by Dom last year, for example, is a small park with one pavillion. If you're in the pavillion, you basically hav ethe whole park right there. From what I remember, you reserve "Williamsburg Park" on its borugh's website when you call to do so. Of course, there's a fee. But I can just make every one give Dom and I darts or something. For Armstrong, a slightly larger park, I believe you just reserve the pavillion.
I like Williamsburg for the earlier explained reason. Basically, we can have Flamin tell anyone in the park to "fuck off". Meanwhile, at Armstrong, we can only do that for the pavillion.
Probably, Armstrong will be our primary location and WIlliamsburg a back up. Jwasko, you can make that official in the your first post above tentatively. We'll also have to work out hosts, though Dom and I are co-hosts thus far, with me as the slightly more hosty of the co-hosts persay. Maybe capitalize my title like "Co-HOST jmwasko" in contrast to "Co-host sublimedomnoonecaresaboutthenumbers".
Just so we don't clog up the NH forum though, Dom and all us will work out location and times and date details privately and post with the results. We'll keep the times and day availability in mind for you, Flamin. Thanks for the input guys.

#273864 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by jmwasko on 02 May 2010 - 12:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Flamin, did you really just tell Vacc Clash of Steel was going to be badass? Do you know how much responsibility you just put on my shoulders? I mean, jesus, in my planner, that event isn't even written in pen. Its in pencil. You know what that means? That I haven't even decided that its definitely happening.

On a more serious note and now that I've pulled myself together, I suppose I will set Clash of Steel for that date, if not the 24th if a Saturday makes the potential park reservations available.
And I suppose it would also be worthy to note that I will be hosting it.
Does Armstrong Park sound good (for tradition sake)?
And this year does anybody have any serious objections to playing either by random team selection or by clan vs clan?
Lastly, how do people feel about a 10am start time being the latest we start? In the summer I'm more inclined to get nerfing early, even before 10am if it means getting more of the park to our use. Then again I don't know if that's do-able for out-of-towners.
Let me know your thoughts on these things if you're a potential attendee. Additionally, mark it in your calendars and start figuring out if you're coming. I'm the kind of guy that wants to know an attendance list a while before just for peace of mind and in case I want to plan teams for clan vs clan rounds.

#256262 Nite Finder Dual External Sprigs

Posted by jmwasko on 14 November 2009 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

I've never liked the appearance of external bungees or banding. Sure, it adds power and all, but I think they make the gun less comfortable and harder to holster/unholster. Therefore, this idea is awesome and the perfect alternative for those people like me that don't want to externally band. Great concept.

#256198 Pow! Pittsburgh Offseason Wars!

Posted by jmwasko on 13 November 2009 - 03:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi kids. Today I'd like to bump this thread as a reminder that POW!November is next Sunday. Please update your attendance as accurately as possible and:
EVERYONE NEEDS TO POST TELLING SUBLIMEDOM777 WHAT THEY ARE BRINGING FOR THE POT LUCK LUNCH!
I'll be updating the attendance now as well as all other info for the war, so be sure to check the all the info. I'll list what everyone is bringing as well by their name on the attendance list. The rule will be that if you don't bring something to share, people will not have to share with you. Sound good everyone? Expect details for POW!Christmas soon.

#254643 Pow! Pittsburgh Offseason Wars!

Posted by jmwasko on 26 October 2009 - 08:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be able to go to the febuary or the march outing. I will get back to you soon about it.

Are you sure? You're just a kid after all.

I had ben to apoc and I had already had my own nerf war almost 3 weeks from not. And read my signature

*Woosh*

As long as your nerfing abilities are better than your understanding of sarcasm and/or jesting, you don't have to prove to us that you can nerf with a resume (however much I wish I could require one for wars I host). Once the attendance list is up for those months I'll have you down as maybes until you confirm. Sounds good to me.

In other news: Most details for POW! November are up. Actually, everything is except for a couple logistical issues (definite staging area, bathrooms etc.) and a facebook page. Please browse the information and post with your attendance status if interested. Or, as always, feel free to post if interested in attending any of the other upcoming wars. Thanks all.

#254144 Cheap-o Homemade Ammo Belt

Posted by jmwasko on 20 October 2009 - 09:32 PM in Homemades

I like it, and the fact that it held up for a war. There's really nothing better than an improvised accessory that can be built upon and improved. I look forward to seeing the future belt. More on topic: If sticking with the same materials, I'd probably just suggest more consistent cutting of the cpvc so when you fold the tape underneath, it can flatten better. Also, if you don't want to make it flexible by spacing out the pipes, I like what you did in this one by having the pipe close together and the ammo holders rigid. (This is what I thought you were making at first:) Perhaps you could just make this as a sort of cartridge box with loops to slip onto your pants belt. It would be just as cheap and like so: (I got hung up on this idea for a bit for some reason.)
Posted Image
It would be the same thing as what you made but solve the problem of a buckle made of tape etc. Regardless, I like the idea of your belt and what may become of it.

Also, IMHO, each nerfer has their own preferences for dart carrying (like every other aspect of nerf) whether it be pants pockets, cargo pockets, belts, bandoliers, satchels, cartridge boxes, and so on. There's really no point to say which method is better, practical, or the opposite because it depends on the person and each nerfer just wants to share what they like. There's always going to be someone with a different preference and that can't be changed. I myself use a combination of mag pouches, cargo pockets on my shorts, ammo belts, and of course a dart tag vest (sometimes all at once) and I love it.

#253046 Pow! Pittsburgh Offseason Wars!

Posted by jmwasko on 09 October 2009 - 02:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Please update your attendance for October POW! as soon as possible so the hosts can plan accordingly.

Also, If you're signed up to plan a latter war, please post details as they are made available so that they may be added to the schedule.

Might I also add to be sure to use proper grammar and stay on topic from now on in this thread. If we really aren't as stupid as we Pittsburghers like to think we are (except when one of us forgets he's using a BBBB in Defend the Core and leads a charge only to blast a hole through the core), we should reflect it in our posts.

Thanks all.

#252250 Pow! Pittsburgh Offseason Wars!

Posted by jmwasko on 30 September 2009 - 09:06 PM in Nerf Wars

------------------------------------
POW!
PITTSBURGH OFFSEASON WARS
------------------------------------
Here in Pittsburgh, we suddenly became sad upon the realization that the “Nerf Season” was coming to a close. Then out of nowhere, “POW!” We were hit by an amazing thought. That is, Nerf Wars held locally once a month during any and all conditions in varying locations for the development and conditioning of our nerfing “skillz”. So, to share with the community, we will be hosting wars locally every FOURTH SUNDAY of the month (except for December, when we will hold the war on the third Sunday to avoid holiday conflictions). The locations, times, and hosts will vary per war, so information will be added as it is made available. At the beginning of every month, this thread will be bumped once its war is finalized. To start things out though, POW! October is already planned. See the year schedule below for details as they come. Refer to information below that for general information about all of the wars.
Remember, ALL ARE WELCOME! Just post to give us a heads up and be sure to specify which war you plan to attend.

----------------------
POW! October
----------------------
Hosted By: jwasko and flamincows.
Date: Sunday, October 25, 2009
Time: 10:00AM-4:00PM
464 Pearce Road
Baldwin, PA 15234
112 Valley Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15216
Special Info: Gun Ban: It is the decision of the hosts that no singled dart-firing titans will be allowed at this war.
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook....8168257&index=1
Definites:
jwasko
flamincows
jmwasko
nerfmonkey
sublimedom777
Non-Members x6
Maybes:
thedecimator
dizzyduck (Not sure if you meant this one or others, dizzy, thanks for noticing the typos.)
princexbuster
gunpowder jones
Non-Members x9

----------------------
POW! November
----------------------
Hosted By: Sublimedom777
Date: Sunday, November 22, 2009
Time: 10:00AM-??:??PM
1801 Dormont Ave
Pittsburgh Pa 15216
Special Info: Pot Luck Lunch: All attendees, in the communal spirit of Thanksgiving, are asked to bring some sort of food/snack that can be shared with all. Please list what you will be bringing when you post with your attendance to let Sublimedom777 know.
Special Info: Mandatory Gun: To play a new zombie round, all attendees should bring a maverick. The internals should be stock and it should fire any stock darts. If you don't bring one and no one has one to lend, you won't be able to participate in that round.
Facebook Page: Here
Attendance:
Definites:
jwasko - chips
Sublimedom777 - Hot Dogs
jedijoe9 - trail mix/cookies
karpenter63 (Pending Transport) - Pretzels
flamincows+2 - Pumpkin Pie and more
nerfmonkey - fruit
princexbuster - apple crisp and maybe drank
Non-Members x7
- chips & Salsa
-
-
-
-
-
-
Maybes:
karpenter's college pals -
Bo0ogers -
Tim -
Non-Members x5

----------------------
POW! Christmas
----------------------
Hosted By: Karpenter63
Date: Sunday, December 20, 2009

----------------------
POW! January
----------------------
Date: January 24, 2010

----------------------
POW! February
----------------------
Date: February 28, 2010

----------------------
POW! March
----------------------
Date: March 28, 2010

----------------------
General Info
----------------------
Meeting/Staging Areas:
Armstrong Park: The large pavilion down the hill from the parking lot at the end of the Pearce Road Driveway.
Williamsburg Park: The pavilion directly by the Valley Park Drive Turnaround.
Colewood Park: The pavilion directly by the Colewood Drive Parking Lot opposite the playground.
Dormont Park: TBA
Restrooms: PortaJons are available at both locations.
Hydration: Bring water/Gatorade etc. for yourself with your lunch. Water should be available from hosts just in case.
Food: Bring a bag lunch/dinner for the middle of playtime. Go out for food at your own risk of missing a round(s). Hosts can refer you to nearby restaurants.
Eye Protection: Bring it! Its recommended for all and mandatory for those under 18.
Contacts:
SCN Clan: SteelCityNerf@yahoo.com; PAN Clan: PGHAreaNerfers@aol.com
If needed, Pm for a phone number to speak to the host of the war you are attending.
Guntypes to bring: Your primary, secondary, a pistol, a pistol for gunslinger, and a foam sword for swashbuckler plus spares in case of malfunctions.
Guns that may be banned: (As usual,) Air guns meant to fire anything but micro darts with their pumps plugged and RFSGs modded well. However, everything’s on a case-by-case basis pending modifications.
Gametypes that may be played/attempted: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Gunslinger Heaven, Swashbuckler Heaven, Assault, Assault and Disarm, Defend the Core, HvZ, and Campaign [New].
Rules: Standard rules for Deathmatch and CTF are as listed in Nerf War Etiquette. All other gametype rules will be explained prior to the round. If you repeatedly break any of these rules, you’ll be asked to sit out a round. If you continue to after this initial action, you’ll be asked to leave if possible. If you continue to act immature about the request, you won’t be allowed back.

Thanks all and hope you can join us.

#250919 Pittsburgh September War: Sun Sept 20th

Posted by jmwasko on 19 September 2009 - 10:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I would like to advise everyone attending to avoid taking the liberty bridge on the way to the war if it is included in your route.
Additionally, jwasko and I will be arriving between 945 and 10 ready to go.

As Optimus said,
LETS ROLL.

#248279 Cos| Clash Of Steel Beta

Posted by jmwasko on 23 August 2009 - 01:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Seeing as a few of our attendees are only reachable on here, I just wanted to thank everyone before this thread officially dies.
You guys made the war. I told others and I'll tell all of you that this war went beyond my highest hopes. I had no idea there'd be such great play and such great rounds for what I thought would be a little local war. And the numbers we had for something thrown together kind of late were amazing. I just looked over my attendance sheets and there may have been 20 nerfers in attendance. Not bad. Everyone played really well and was cool about everything. Everyone respected the park, the civilians, and the boundaries set. I really can't wait to start planning next year's Clash of Steel and can't wait to see if we get some more nerfers to come to Pittsburgh. All the rounds (minus those "the 12 year old smokers") were played well and rarely turned into big clusterfucks. Special thanks to NerfMonkey and flamin for making the drives out to join us.

Great things about Clash of Steel:
-A skilled large base of local nerfers to start, with others in the region to join
-A great venue that had different playing areas and great terrain and cover to make things interesting and get CTF to actually work for once. Locally, its the best I've played on.
-jwasko's and I's mobstactles success and effective use by others
-A large amount of good, long range, modified guns
-A relaxed day of nerfing with not a ton of rounds or different gametypes, but good solid ones with relaxation times in between. Usually down time is a waste, but in this case, I think it gave everyone the energy to play well the next round. And they did.
-A Maximizer, a Crossbow, and enough BBBBs and At2Ks to make your head snap to see what just almost took your eye out.
-The fact that this was only a trial war, and it may have been my favorite local war yet.
-The fact that there's going to be one next year on a day that everyone isn't moving into college, working, or going to concerts. Think mid-august. Should be big. However next year theres an amendment to Banned Items: No 12-year old smokers or frisbee punks.

Pictures
Part of our playing field.
Posted Image
Doomsayers stand no chance against the monkey.
Posted Image
Effeminate Charge by sublimedom777...
Posted Image
...and how flamincows stopped it.
Posted Image
Karpenter63 and Bot movin' in.
Posted Image
Why, yes, this man does have more accessories than me.
Posted Image
NerfMonkey holding the right flank
Posted Image
Bo0ogers ready for "bezerk" mode.
Posted Image
In bezerk mode:
Posted Image
jwasko, chris, and that damn arrowstorm.
Posted Image

Thanks again all.

#248088 Cos| Clash Of Steel Beta

Posted by jmwasko on 22 August 2009 - 08:33 AM in Nerf Wars

The waskos will be there for setup by 11. If you're early, we'll see you at the gazebo staging area. See you all on the field.

#247874 Cos| Clash Of Steel Beta

Posted by jmwasko on 20 August 2009 - 06:40 PM in Nerf Wars

The park looks like a great place to play.

I still haven't found any satisfactory foam so I'm going to try making some darts out of the crappy thin stuff from Lowe's and wrapping electrical tape around them so they'll fit my guns. If that doesn't work I'll have to borrow (pay to use) some darts from somebody.

My mom will be coming with me because she isn't comfortable with me driving 80 minutes by myself.

I hope its as sweet as it seems to be. I just got my Dennis foam, stickers, and washers in from McMaster today. I don't know how many I'll make before Saturday, but if you want details on their size to see if they'll work for you and want to borrow some, PM me. And thats cool if your mom is coming. I've gotten plenty of rides to wars from my mother. She can hang out at the park or I'm sure there's places to visit in the area for the day.

#247716 Homemade Holster For Minimized Nfs

Posted by jmwasko on 19 August 2009 - 08:37 PM in Homemades

You have no idea how much of a pat on the back that is from you Black Wrath.

And they're very durable Spartan. At least I think so, but the facts are present. I had my doubts when I made the first set back in '07. But as I said in the writeup, that set held up fine until this summer when only the straps started to detach. The rest of it was fine. With the improvements of the MkIII, these should last years as long as they aren't abused horribly, and shouldn't need frequent maintenance like the MkII. The straps and velcro hold your nitefinder in place very well too and they hold up fine through a whole day of nerfing and wear. In no way are they a profesionally manufactured holster, but for around 5 bucks, these are very durable.

Also, I'll be adding info to this about a modification I'll be making to the holsters to accept Alice Military clips so the holsters can be durably worn on a waist belt. I'll be testing them at my war on Saturday so expect it next week.

#247399 Nic Community Get Together.

Posted by jmwasko on 17 August 2009 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Odd, I was actually considering hosting a war mid-september and that's one weekend I'm free. It would depend on how my war goes this weekend and what people say about availability that day when I ask them.
To advertise a bit: The war would be open to all and will take place somewhere around Pittsburgh, PA.

#247276 Cos| Clash Of Steel Beta

Posted by jmwasko on 16 August 2009 - 07:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Pictures and Videos of the Park
-------------------------------------
Play Area 1: Nerfwood
Posted Image
Play Area 2: Foam Field
Posted Image
Play Area 3: The Playground
Posted Image

War Tour Part 1: includes Play Area 1
War Tour Part 2: includes Play Areas 2 and 3

Edit for Population Note: You'll notice no one is in really any of these photos. At 5 o'clock on a Sunday (when I took these) no one was in the park except some skater kiddies on the staging area, which we'll have taken over much earlier. Later in the evening on a weekday when Sublimedom checked it out it was empty. His friend works at the park and reported that even in the afternoon or at prime times for visiting the park, it is still relatively empty. It's a new venue but it should be fine seeing as we'll be there early to ward off civilians.

#246589 Cos| Clash Of Steel Beta

Posted by jmwasko on 11 August 2009 - 03:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Good question. As much as I like the 10am standard start time, I moved it to noon due to the fact that a large portion of the Steel City Nerf clan (4-5) won't arrive until 2. Since this war was supposed to be a chance for PAN and SCN (the two Pgh. clans) to meet and play each other, I wanted to leave enough time after the late arrivals for this to happen. I showed up around 2:30 to a pittsburgh war that had started at 10 and when I got there I only got to play 3 or so rounds because everyone was tired. I don't want this to happen to 4 good nerfers. Plus, we could always use more rest to make the war that much more energetic.

#246480 Cos| Clash Of Steel Beta

Posted by jmwasko on 10 August 2009 - 09:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Nothing going on that day as of right now so if non-clan members are allowed I should be able to make it. Just need to find some FBR and make a bunch of darts.

Are you sure you won't be in Myrtle Beach?

I'm kidding man. It'll be awesome to have you. I'll probably have extra Darts from Dennis FBR if needed.

To clarify: Yes, everyone's welcome.

#246472 Cos| Clash Of Steel Beta

Posted by jmwasko on 10 August 2009 - 08:18 PM in Nerf Wars

--------------------------------------
CLASH OF STEEL (BETA)
A Pittsburgh Nerf Clans Trial War

Hosted By: Me, karpenter63, jwasko, and sublimedom777.
Description: For the first time ever, two clans of Pittsburgh shall finally clash IN AMERICA. This is the idea behind CoS, that is, development of team work and strategy with in the clan group. CoS normally will be geared toward consistan team based warring. This trial (or Beta) of this kind of warring is intended to acquaint all members of both clans or those visiting us with each other, then test how the clans war together in a strictly team based clan war, and finally discover our limitations for the future. All before a real clash; Coming soon.
All are welcome! Please join us though because anyone could always use some help in making a great war. The more the merrier (to a point). Hopefully, this war will do its part to promote “getting out and nerfing” (especially before the season ends) and any and all nerfers are welcome to join it in doing so. As much as team work and strategy building are a part, it’s still all about fun. So come have some.

Date: Saturday, August 22, 2009
Time: 12:00-7:00 PM

464 Pearce Road
Baldwin, PA 15234
Backup Location: Colewood Park
Meeting/Staging Areas:
Armstrong Park: The large gazebo off to the right of the leftward bend in the Pearce Road Driveway before pulling into the parking lot at the end of the road
Colewood Park: The Shelter/Pavilion directly next to the Colewood Drive Parking lot.

Restrooms: PortaJohns are available near both locations.
Hydration: Bring water/Gatorade etc. for yourself with your lunch. Water should be available from hosts just in case.

Contacts: Primary: SteelCityNerf@yahoo.com; Secondary: PGHAreaNerfers@aol.com; If needed, Pm me for my phone number.

Guntypes to bring: Your primary, secondary, a pistol, a pistol for gunslinger, and a foam sword for swashbuckler.
Guns that may be banned: (the usual) Air guns meant to fire anything but micro darts with their pumps plugged and RFSGs modded well. However, everything’s on a case-by-case basis pending modifications. No realistically painted guns except the PAS and RFSG unless there is an incident.
Gametypes that will be played: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Gunslinger Heaven, and Swashbuckler Heaven.
Gametypes that may be played/attempted: Assault, Assault and Disarm, Defend the Core, HvsZ, and Campaign.
Rules: Standard rules for Deathmatch and CTF as listed in Badger's Nerf War Etiquette. All other gametype rules will be explained prior to the round. If you repeatedly break any of these rules, you’ll be asked to sit out a round. If you continue to after this initial action, you’ll be asked to leave if possible.
Eye Protection: Bring it. Its necessary for everyone under 18 and recommended for those over.

Facebook Page: Clash of Steel Beta; Check it out. If you want, add me, and mark your attendance
Attendance: Here’s the current attendance; Post with yours and I'll add you.
Definites:
jmwasko
jwasko
sublimedom777
karpenter63
bo0ogers
BOT
NerfMonkey
flamincows + 1
Non-Members x10

Maybes:
thedecimator + 1
Non-Members x5

Thanks all. Hope some of you join us.
PS Pictures Added Below.

#245835 Homemade Holster For Minimized Nfs

Posted by jmwasko on 06 August 2009 - 06:11 PM in Homemades

Thanks for all the compliments I haven't gotten back to.
Busta, I don't know because I haven't made one of these with anything but plastic.
But to elaborate....I'm sure alot of the design dimensions could be applied to a leather holster, but you really could do better than this design with leather. Think more along the lines of the leather holsters you always see for firearms that seem molded to the gun. If you really wanted to though, a passable holster could be made similar to this with leather and some stitching using these designs I guess.
I didn't make this holster out of plastic because it was necessarily essential or because I couldn't make one with leather or nylon, I made it because it was cheap, easy, and quick for me as well as others without the means to use leather or fabric. And most importantly, as it is now, it works.