mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#133868 What Did You Get For Christmas?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2007 - 01:39 PM in Off Topic

Title says it all.

A Recon
A ring with a cross on it(totally unexpected, loved it)
An Airtech 2000 (brand new in box, everyone had neglected it for a couple years at target)
An ACTS retreat necklace
Dremel bits(way to many of them)
2 first gen Nite Finders of ebay with a first gen maverick
A rock that says you are the light of my life(awsome, awsome)
And my 2 front teeth

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Sorry if I make any mistakes my first post you know.
Longshot (modding it as we speak)
Leatherman, lockknife
Blackadder complete works :unsure:
Lots of Snowboarding clothes
other clothes
fishing stuff
NHL 08
Surefire compound bow (thinking up a mod for it)
Great haul anyway

#133869 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2007 - 01:42 PM in Modifications

When I put my new LS back together, the arm that goes into the chamber that loads the dart keeps getting stuck on it. Any advice anyone on what I did wrong?

#133887 Longshot Trouble

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2007 - 04:40 PM in Modifications

Ok I have got issues with my Long Shot. When I tried to mod it to take the air restrictor out, all I saw at the end of the plunger tube was a black cap with no three prongs coming out, as Carrtoon said there would be. I will post pics soon to explain this. Any advice is very welcome as this is my first real mod apart from barrel replacements.
Thanks
MSDFS

quick edit yes I need a bit of help selecting a spring for the trigger plate/catch due to when I put a BBB spring in, it would not cock due to the pressure being too much for the tiny spring. I tried one from a sharpshooter 2 but that was too stiff, and I am trying a spring from a pen. Should I glue the spring in or not?
Also, does the arm that is attached to the trigger plate that indicates the red and green window do anything else? I took it out and I am not to sure what to do with it.

#133900 Putty Epoxy

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2007 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

where do you get this stuff it sounds like a dream come true for me.
I use china weld which kinda sucks. needs like 5h to dry.
Waiting for it to dry on a spring on my LS now.
How long does this stuff take to dry?

#133901 General Longshot Mod Questions

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2007 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

I have no clue if this will help but if you use stock darts try fillin in the hole in the tip with a tiny bit of glue. this should help the accuracy issue. If you put too much though, they will be offweight.

#133963 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2007 - 11:08 AM in Modifications

MAke sure the bolt sled assembly is completely pressed into the form fit plastic grooves.

Yep now I got it to work. I cut down a trigger plate spring from my broken :angry: sharpshooter 2 and slapped it in. Cocks fine but now the clip wont go in straight....
Any advice would be welcome will post pics soon

#133988 Longshot Trouble

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2007 - 03:38 PM in Modifications

Now I have got the gun cocking and everything, but my clip wont go in straight. It is hard to explain but when I stick it in, the sides of the clip get stuck on one side of the bolt, making the thing impossible to load. Any advice would be very appreciated.

#133991 Longshot Trouble

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2007 - 03:49 PM in Modifications

:D .... here-http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7527&st=60
I know you are extremely new here, so I am not going to flame you, (partly because I don't have the right to), but please look at sme of the LS mods on this thread, it is pinned, so you can look at it anytime. And you should post your questions on the LS help thread. You won't get flamed there. I just don't want to see people get suspended for being a new person that doesn't know about the haven in detail.

I am sorry I got validated yesterday. I found something on this problem from someone saying that CaptainSlug helped him out so I Emailed him. Hopefully he can help me out a bit.
I didn't know there was an LS help thread until now.

#133993 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2007 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

ok now I have a new problem. Sorry for being such a n00b but I got validated yesterday. I cannot load my clip because it is getting caught on the bolt. When I cock it fully I can still see the bolt in the jam window. I think I have re installed my plunger chamber wrong but im not really sure. I pmed CS to see if he could help but no reply yet.
Thanks for reading my nooby posts.

#133996 Longshot Trouble

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2007 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

ok now ive got the gun cocking and everything, my clip wont go in straight. Its hard to explain but when I stick it in, the sides of the clip get stuck on one side of the bolt, making the thing impossible to load. any advice would be very appreciated.

Sand/ hack saw the back of the dart catch things at the top of the clip.

Ok I will try this but first assure me that this will not wreck my clip. I dont want to buy a new clip for nothing.

#134020 Longshot Trouble

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2007 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

Thank you very much everyone for all the help with my noob questions. I trimmed the back of one of my clips and now it works fine. I by accident removed the clip lock so im going to replace that. I have not measured the range yet but I think that it would easily get 70-80ft. Thanks again for all the help and support. Write up will come soon.

I am sorry that now all your quotes of me are screwed up but I got a grammar warning from One Man Clan, so I went back to edit the grammar.
Sorry for the inconvenience

#134230 Doomsayer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 December 2007 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

I have a question. I modded a LS as my first gun (BBB spring added, no air restrictors removed.) It works fine. Do you think that I am capable of doing a version of this mod? It looks really cool and not too hard but my local bass pro shops charges 32$ for it so I don't really want to attempt it if I am going to just end up throwing it out.
Thanks.

#134445 Doomsayer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 December 2007 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

I could drill the Ar's out, but I don't have a dremel. Will be borrowing my friend's for this mod.

#134627 What Got You Started Nerfing?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 January 2008 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

I had my first nerf gun when I was very young. It was one of the supermaxx series but that is all I remember. I got into nerf modding when I ran out of working arrows for my BBB. I wanted to make it shoot tagger darts. I googled BBB tagger dart and came up with this great site.
Thanks

#134752 Nerfing In Make Magazine?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 January 2008 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

I personally think that it isn't that good of an Idea. Imagine how many new people we would have joining NH, just out of the blue, with no clue how things work (Kinda like me, but a couple banning threats taught me).
Then, the orderly world that the founders and ambassadors have set up would be in ruins.
Validation would take years too.
Just a thought.

#134827 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 January 2008 - 01:15 PM in Off Topic

My name says it all. Im possibly the worst stefan maker in the world.

#135700 Since A Bunch Of You Want A Trap

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 January 2008 - 08:52 AM in Modifications

I did most of this too.
but 20ft? I got like 35/ish.
By the way super clear pics. Good job

#135740 My Longshot Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 January 2008 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

MY LONGSHOT MOD.
Mystefansdontflystraight's Longshot Mod.
Ok. Im new to NH, and this is my first real mod (I dont count the NF as its too simple). I make no claim to have invented this, as the BBB replacement spring is very widely used. Thanks to CaptainSlug and el swifto who made this possible.
To start out with, I modded the longshot sidearm which is really bad out of the box. It got like 20ft max.To mod that, I took it apart and took out the plunger. Then, I found the male part of the plunger and drilled down the hole in the back, widening it and pushing out the barrel post. Not ideal but still now it gets 40-45 ft on a good shot. (estimates)
Now onto the actual Longshot. I had an old BBB that I tried to do the angel mod to but just screwed it up, so I took the spring out of that, and slapped that on under the LS spring. When I tried to shoot that, It would stay cocked for about 7 seconds and then dry fire, so I deduced that the spring on the trigger plate was too weak for the job. While looking for a new spring in my nerf box, I came across my old broken sharpshooter 2. I saw this huge spring on the trigger plate and got an idea. I cut it down to the appropriate length, and china welded it in there. When I put the whole thing back together, it was too stiff for the limited movement of the trigger to move, so I took out the trigger lock to give it more movement. This made it able to fire the gun easily. My next problem was the clip. As many of you know, when you do a spring replacement, The clips no longer fit in under the bolt. I was such a noob I didn't know this, but after a few posts, CaptainSlug and el swifto told me to cut a bit off the back end of the clips. This worked very well and that problem was solved. Then, yet another issue! My clip lock wouldn't engage so my clip was stuck in the gun. After taking it apart and looking at it, the clip lock had this annoying ridge on the bottom, so I shaved that down with a knife, put it back in, and it all worked. Now that this mod is done, it fires about 80-85ft on estimate. I also did the dart attack integration. I kinda screwed up so it is butt ugly. I am currently ordering a 12 shot shotgun to do the doomsayer mod (my version anyway.) Will post pictures once I have done the paintjob.
Thanks

#135748 My Longshot Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 January 2008 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

I'd like to see some pictures before I pass judgement on your mod. Sounds promising though

Thanks guys. I have also added a new barrel to it. I don't know what it is, but it came from an old hockey net of mine and fit where the sidearm used to go (its now integrated)
Thanks
MSDFS

#136065 The Versatile Airtech

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 January 2008 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

Good job!!
Are AT3ks still in production? if they are im getting some definetly.

#136240 An Internal Fit Spring For The Recon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 January 2008 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

If you are talking about the 12 shot one, it's spring sucks.
I get like 5ft with the included mega darts.
Am in the process of angel modding it.
I wouldn't reccomend using it for anything.

#136268 What To Do?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 January 2008 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

Wow :o
you guys must have had really hard shotguns, I am like 5.2 with pencil arms and I got it off first try...
Oh well if the screw works, thats great. If not, there is 30$ down the drain

#136518 Lancer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2008 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

You are truly an ispiration. I don't mean to suck up but you have been the motivation behind most of my mods. Great work once again.
Im almost done my version of your doomsayer :D Petg arrived 2 days ago, just finished the turret.

#136889 Luckiest Day Of My Life

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 January 2008 - 06:04 PM in General Nerf

Are maxshots available anywhere anymore?
I really want one but don't want to pay much for it.

#137020 Petg Breeched Big Blast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 January 2008 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

Im not sure if anyone has experimented with PETG breeches, but let me tell you right now, they are amazing.
Just for a try, I put one on my Big blast, which I minimized and plugged the overpressure valve.
I got like 140ft. I was dumbfounded. That is a titan range. It may have been a lucky shot (I only took 1)
That is also a guess, as I dont have a measuring tape that long.
Thanks

#137082 Petg Breeched Big Blast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 January 2008 - 07:11 AM in Modifications

sorry 140ft is good, as all I did was take a piece of pvc, cut a slot in it and stuff some etape wrapped PETG down it and glue it to the barrel nub on my BBBB. How the hell could you get 400ft?
Thanks

#137116 Petg Breeched Big Blast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 January 2008 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

Ok cut the sarcasm sn1per. I have never heard of a gun getting that long a range, and Im just wondering how its done.

#137171 Halo 3 Montage

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 January 2008 - 09:58 AM in Off Topic

wow. Thats all I can say.
Add me my online name is IPWNOOBZ
We shud play sometime :)

#137855 Ls Not Firing Stefans

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2008 - 06:10 PM in Modifications

I recently modded my LS.
I did not remove Ars.
When I load a stefan, it enters the bolt fine, but flops out 2 ft later.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

#137981 Ls Not Firing Stefans

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 January 2008 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys for all the support, but I didn't intend this to be a thread discussing the nature of my name.
My name is very relevant. Im possibly the worst stefan maker on the face of the planet.
I use streamlines most of the time, or taggers.
Anyone who will sell me some stefans cheap, please do.
Thanks

#138624 The Mantra Ray

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2008 - 06:34 PM in Modifications

I have wanted a manta ray for a long time. I decided, since I dont have enough cash to get one, that I would go about making one. Sounds crazy I know.
The Idea started when I was dual wielding my two petg modded single tek blasters (that come with bbbb)
I had the handles together, and it looked a lot like a manta ray to me. 10 minutes and a lot of hotglue, and etape later, I had a shell less manta ray that shoots 40ft. I then proceeded to the shell. My dad is a wine fanatic, so I took an empty wine case and cut out a manta ray like shape out of one of them. I remember hearing that a mantra was a word or sentence that you said over and over again, so I wrote "The Cake Is A Lie" on it as many people like that sentence. Im still at a loss of how to attach it to the single teks, so any info would be appreciated
Thanks

#138625 Congrats Giants

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2008 - 06:37 PM in Off Topic

That helmet catch in the last 2 minutes was amazing. Im not sure who it was, but they should have one MVP for sure. That one it for the giants. Tom Brady is soft.

#138637 The Mantra Ray

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2008 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

to clarify this was a wooden wine case, not cardboard

#138654 The Mantra Ray

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2008 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys, but I think that im going to make a new shell, as mine is butt ugly.
Any advice on how to make a homemade manta ray shell would be welcome.

#138817 Ultrox Quadra Cannon!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 February 2008 - 05:21 PM in Modifications

Intriguing, but dude, get some pictures.
Nice job tho :D
Thanks

#138818 The Chief Is Using Nerf!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 February 2008 - 05:23 PM in General Nerf

I hate that armor. Hayabusa all the way. I don't have it yet :angry: but I wear scout, which looks wayyyy better. If anyone plays Halo 3, add IPWNOOBZ.
Thanks

#138962 Nf Crossbow Style

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 February 2008 - 04:07 PM in Modifications

I must say it is amazing. I would like to attempt it, but I am unsure about how the water gun comes into play.
The rest looks pretty straightforward. Also, did you use the stock springs or some others. Im going to use the stock ones and a few from a single tek.
Thanks

#139215 Ideas

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 February 2008 - 08:25 PM in General Nerf

It will be funny when VACC sees this.

#139409 Nf Crossbow Style

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 February 2008 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Almost done mine!!
Im sooo excited.
I previously hated the NF, but now it is one of my favorites.
If your name wasn't above it, I would have guessed that FA did it.
Great Job and man seriously cool.

#139652 Hasbro Releases Recon On Website

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 February 2008 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

I checked the nerf website, where they are now advertizing the recon. I think this means that it will now be available everywhere within the next two weeks.
If someone has already posted this, please delete.
Thanks